NATION

PASSWORD

Riots In The Capital (IC, MT, Open)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Republicz 21
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Riots In The Capital (IC, MT, Open)

Postby Republicz 21 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:40 pm

After a recent government decision to ban elections, thousands of angry citizens marched on the Parliament. Military Police opened fire on the crowd, which has caused more to fight. Now the capital city is on lockdown, and a civil war is threatening to start.

What position will your government take in the conflict?

OOC: Anyone may join, but please keep numbers sensible (i.e. don't send in 50 million troops). This is in character and with modern technology.

The Japanese Confederation
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Japanese Confederation » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:43 pm

Did the military police fire first, or did the crowd attack them?
Last edited by The Japanese Confederation on Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Republicz 21
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Republicz 21 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:44 pm

The Japanese Confederation wrote:Did the military police fire first, or did the crowd attack them?

The police warned the crowd to stop, but they continued.

Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Japanese Confederation » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:46 pm

That doesn't really answer the question, though. Did the crowd start the violence? As in, did they assault a member of the government or military police? (Either way, I'll be on one side or the other.)

Republicz 21
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Republicz 21 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:57 pm

The Japanese Confederation wrote:That doesn't really answer the question, though. Did the crowd start the violence? As in, did they assault a member of the government or military police? (Either way, I'll be on one side or the other.)

No, they did not. Police brutality is common in the nation.

Newne Thernania
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Newne Thernania » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:05 pm

chai josen sipped on his coke and watched T.V, not caring about what happened to his wife on vacation. the phone rang, and josen picked it up.
" what?"
" sir, the People's Congress are waiting for you"
" for what? did someone have a riot in their capital?"
" yes, dumb-ass."
he vented with rage, too a deep breathe and spoke calmly on the phone.
"ok, then I'll be right there, and by the way Patrick, you're fired."
he clicked the phone off, got on a t shirt and jeans and walked out of his mansion to the Congressional People's Congress building.
RIP Carriebean nov 6,2013-July 7,2014 daddy loves you )Carriebean -- we did this horrid act. (in case you don't know.. .)
Cyprevus -- Just a question why do you nuke your own city's and kill your own people.
Carribean -- I try to toughen the people up for a nuclear brawl between another nation, so they are prepared for the real deal.
Bulgaria-Serbia -- Couldn't you just do a drill simulating it instead, and educate them on what to do in the case if a nuclear strike ?
Carriebean -- no, It's fun to watch them panic.[/spoiler]

Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Japanese Confederation » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:08 pm

The Japanese Confederation, realizing that the public was causing civil unrest, sends in 500,000 troops to help restore order. The military police may have overreacted, but order must be restored before change can happen.

MorganaLeTopia
Civilian

Founded: Sep 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby MorganaLeTopia » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:32 pm

The Kingdom of MorganaLeTopia sends 150,000 troops to help suppress the uprising.

Newne Thernania
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Newne Thernania » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:01 pm

" my people, we are in desperate times, and they call for desperate measures! i will mobilize the army!"
the thernarnian government will send in 90,000 men to suppress the uprising.
RIP Carriebean nov 6,2013-July 7,2014 daddy loves you )Carriebean -- we did this horrid act. (in case you don't know.. .)
Cyprevus -- Just a question why do you nuke your own city's and kill your own people.
Carribean -- I try to toughen the people up for a nuclear brawl between another nation, so they are prepared for the real deal.
Bulgaria-Serbia -- Couldn't you just do a drill simulating it instead, and educate them on what to do in the case if a nuclear strike ?
Carriebean -- no, It's fun to watch them panic.[/spoiler]

Berdanvia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Berdanvia » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:12 pm

Bjorn Ness (The President of Berdanvia) is reading about the riots in the newspaper while sitting at his desk and smoking a pipe.
"This isn't good!" exclaimed Bjorn Ness
"Something must be don't!" stated.
Just then one of his advisors came into his office.
"Are you talking to yourself?" asked his advisor.
"Oh...uh...no?" hesitated Bjorn Ness
"Dont lie" said his advisor
"Ummm....Okay I guess I was, but something must be done about this!" Stated Bjorn Ness
"Indeed sir, should we support their new authoritarian government or help the protesters restore their original democratic government?" question his advisor.
"We shall support the protesters, I will write them an encouragement note." proudly stated Bjorn Ness.

Note: Greetings protesters and democratic activist. I hope you keep protesting and resisting the new authoritarian government because dictatorships are not good at all.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents