NATION

PASSWORD

The Meeting at Hotel Kellam [IC/MT/Invite Only]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
New Hayabusa
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

The Meeting at Hotel Kellam [IC/MT/Invite Only]

Postby New Hayabusa » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:47 pm

OOC: DO NOT POST HERE IF YOU WERE NOT TELEGRAMMED THE LINK TO THIS THREAD. I apologize in advance for some typos I may have made throughout the post - please take into account that I post everything from an Android before grammar Nazi-ing the hell out of me :]. All of the invited are experienced roleplayers, so I won't bother you with rules :]

Hotel Kellam
Avana, Artalia, GK
District 26, Connorworth Province
Penthouse
8:30 PM Hayabusan Standard
It was a beautiful, moderate temperatured, slightly windy night along the northern Hayabusan coastline. The sun could be seen from the beach and it's surroundings as it set over the horizon, lots of young couples stopping to watch it slowly go down out of sight. Avana was a huge coastal city, surrounded by a body of water and connected by 3 huge bridges, plus a beach/sandbar that reached from the Avanan metropolitan area to it's outskirts. Inside it, were the most prestigious hotels and residences known to the GK and most of the Currente continent of Atlas, along with countless skyscrapers that contributed to the orangish-pinkish light that fell in to the sky and the light amount of clouds that were residing within it. Hotel Kellam, famous for its luxurious and post-modern commodities, sat right on the beach at the edge of Avana, all of its rooms giving the people a good view of either the metropolis or the beach, much to the satisfaction of Milo Lepel. He stood on the balcony at the top of the 40 floor hotel, hanging off the edge of the room at the top of which he resided in. From that balcony, he simply waited for the giests to arrive at the Hotel, and watched the the 2 meter tall, mild waves as they crashed against the coastline, and an absolutely massive Hayabusan Aircraft Carrier (HMS Victoria) that was a kilometer or so off the coast of the Great Kingdom. Rumours said that the Victoria had a new type of air craft aboard it, which was a next generation strike fighter called Death Hand of the Great Kingdom (abbreviated by the Royal Armed Forces as DHOGK or just Dogs. "Pah," the Prime Minister retorted, "as if the Royal Guards everywhere aren't a sufficient show of force." He walked back to the room, closing the sliding glass door behind him, being sure not to fracture the glass that made up the entire coastal wall of the penthouse. His iPhone's ringtone (God Save the Queen) reverberated through the room as it played the famous song and rumbled in his pocket. He pulled it out and looked at who was calling - it was the front desk saying that the first guests should be arriving very shortly, and everything had been prepared downstairs for a proper entry. A guide wearing a tweed hat was waiting at for the government officials to arrive at the front door, smiling under his rather large beard. He would direct them to the elevator, and he'd get paid 2,000 Lels per person, simply because they were all international figures and he had been the lucky guy to get chosen in the random draw to do the night shift. The Prime Minister sat down on the large leather couch that was in the main room of the penthouse overlooking the Hayabusan Ocean and the Victoria, where all ofnthe discussing would take place. Quickly, he started looking through his notes on his tablet, contemplated what he would say specifically to each delegate, and reviewed his answers to questions that would most likely come up in regards to his social, economic, and military policies for the GK. This was quite a big deal - after all, the Great Kingdom was opening up relations (and tigbt ones at that) with nations that haven't had much dealings with the Great Kingdom, and it would mark the start of Milo's term as PM as a great one or a flawed one - and he wanted to make sure thay everything was perfect, down to every last word that he would utter out of his mouth.

The Discussion Room at the Hotel Kellam penthouse
Last edited by New Hayabusa on Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Great Kingdom
Dayashina
◤19 | Centre-Right◥

Ardoki
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

The Departure of the Chancellor

Postby Ardoki » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:16 am

Rialtas Airport, Ardea, Ardokian Capital District, Republic of Ardoki
Thursday 20 November 2014

"Your Excellency! What are your hopes for the meeting with the Hayabusan head of government?" shouted a young female reporter as the Chancellor quickly ascended the steps to his massive Airbus A380. Many reporters were shouting questions, eager to get information for a news report about this event. However the Chancellor couldn't make out a thing with all the noise, and his aides rushed him onto the plane.

Luckily Deputy Chancellor Gofraidh Flynn was there, he paused to answer the reporters question. "The Chancellor and the government is hoping for a pleasant trip to the Great Kingdom of Hayabusa and Artalia. We have had pleasant messages from their government, and it looks like our talks will end up very well for both our countries." He paused to fix his tie which was blowing in the wind, and continued. "I am the acting Chancellor until his Excellency returns next week, I look forward to representing the Ardokian state, people, and the Social Democratic Labour Party. That is all" He walked off, and as he did the reporters chased after him hounding him as they do with celebrities.

Chancellor Alastaire Ahearne sat on the plane, surrounded by his many advisers and assistants. The flight to the Great Kingdom would take over 36 hours, however it offered the opportunity to foster friendly relations with the Hayabusan government. An opportunity which would be beneficial to both countries. Discussions hadn't been announced, however it would most likely consist of closer diplomatic ties, potential trade agreements and deals, and possible military cooperation or something of the sort. The Chancellor hadn't really slept for the past few days, he was busy dealing with various matters relating to an news of a possible assassination attempt on him back in Ardoki. Right-wing extremists were expected, however he would be safe in Hayabusa, but he will have to return to Ardoki soon. He tossed a few sleeping pills into his mouth, and drank a glass of water to wash them down.
He turned to look out the window as the plane took off, and slowly closed his eyes.

"Your Excellency! We have almost arrived." said a voice.
Greater Ardokian Empire | It is Ardoki's destiny to rule the whole world!
Unitary Parliamentary Constitutional Republic

Head of State: Grand Emperor Alistair Killian Moriarty
Head of Government: Grand Imperial Chancellor Kennedy Rowan Coleman
Legislature: Imperial Senate
Ruling Party: Imperial Progressive Party
Technology Level: MT (Primary) | PMT, FanT (Secondary)
Politics: Social Democrat
Religion: None
Personality Type: ENTP 3w4

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Re: The Meeting at Hotel Kellam

Postby Yohannes » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:04 am

“Even I must admit that I am too old for trips like these. The bowing. Innumerable and prostrating bowing. The flights. Exhausting official flights and state visits. The backstabbing. Constant backstabbing with nothing but malice intents or grandiose vision of a foundation. I must admit that I have had enough, for I am too old for this; the bowing, the flights and the backstabbing.

Politics.

I am too old for politics. But here I am today, Hotel Kellam… is it? The province of Connorwoth, Hayabusa and Artalia.

A fine nation, and most certainly a fine kingdom; just like the Regent’s old highland of Lindblum. But what am I reminiscing at? This is not the place for that, after all, as well as realise I should be. Thinking about recent events, I am actually surprised that I would be here today. The International Freedom Coalition; the sudden decision by His Majesty to befriend these nations. The Esquarium region; the gradual emergence of Yohannesian funded manufacturing facilities, the bustling of machinery weekly exported to countless nations. Exotic and ordinary, autocratic and democratic. We develop relationships of pure commercial intent and diplomatic camaraderie with just about everyone. We are not a crusading Allanea, liberation of slaves as well as the forcible removal of the red guards are most certainly not our primary objectives. And we most certainly are not a Lamoni or Lyras too, for we are not an invasion trigger happy GI Joe. We are not a Kylarnatia too, for the Regent’s green and yellow can not be found but outside the nineteen countries in Greater Dienstad itself.

We are but simply a merchant. Some would say we are a fat capitalist cat. But I beg to differ. We develop amicable relationship and rapport with those who are willing to trade with us. The Yohannesian nation is a nation born through the rumbling of machinery and heavy industries; the steel working and industrial engineering; the steamships and steam engines were our ancestors’ blessing, not that of gun, germs and destructive intent. We observe the many onslaughts of numerous historical chapters: all driven by the lustre word ‘Power.’ But power are not gained through blood and aggression. Power are not entrusted upon the colonial masters nor territorial scavengers.

We seek none of that. Our quest is to, simply put, better our lots. To be left in peace, as we pursue our commerce and engage upon the very act of trade itself with others we are well acquainted with.

And that is the reason I am standing here today. To represent the Kingdom of Yohannes, yes, most certainly I shall try to perform. And perform I shall within my limited capacity. But, Sir and Madam, Your Excellencies and Honourables, Generalissimos and Comrades-at-arms. I am here today to, first and foremost, introduce ourself as your potential trade partners.

Let us enrich both of our people, as we move through the dawn of an era. An era of multilateral cooperation and peace. And of understanding, as we develop the speed to accelerate towards that elusive tunnel of shared prosperity, built upon the aforementioned pillars and foundation.

I am here, today, to represent the Regent Cid IV and my people. To represent the interests of Royal Lindblum engineering, and Alexandrian shipbuilding... as well as Burmecian banking. I am here, today, to represent the Yohannesian nation in Hayabusa and Artalia.

Thank you.”

Glancing to his left, and to his right, the court-jester seated himself. And his aides certainly hoped for the lack of amusement directed at the rather peculiar sense of fashion of the man they were assigned to. They certainly had quite the long flight, and to simply arrive here in Hayabusa and Artalia today without anything commendable to report to His Majesty the Regent, quite simply put, would not be an option.

“Your Excellency… your name badge, so as they say….”, an extremely old, white-haired dark-skinned aide sitting next to him spoke, and at the same time handing an emblazoned design of yellow, white and green.

And it displayed: ‘Keffka Palazzo, Caucus Spokesperson of His Majesty’s Parliament and the Regent.’
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

New Kvenland
Minister

Founded: Jul 07, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Kvenland » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:35 am

Kalev Brynjolfsson, Deputy Chancellor of New Kvenland, sighed. Other delegates from Ardoki and such places were being mobbed by reporters, asking what is going to happen, how they will deal with it, and why. Outside of Savissivik, the capitol of New Kvenland, Brynjolfsson got very few reporters, if any.

"Excuse me, sir?" A young woman in a suit, with a camera around her neck, asked.

Hoping against hope, Brynjolfsson replied, "Yes, ma'am? What would you like?"

"I'm sorry, sir, but how do I get to the Hayabusan parliament building? I need to ask the delegates some questions."

Brynjolfsson looked away, so the young reporter didn't see him whispering things under his breath. "It's a few blocks in that direction, ma'am," he said through clenched teeth.

I better get more recognition in the meetings then I do here, he thought to himself, as he continued walking through the Hayabusan streets in silence.
californian ultranationalist | the bear flag will fly from cabo to the great salt lake once again | the pretenders in arizona will crumble to the sand they tread on

Ardoki
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ardoki » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:36 am

I hope you don't mind me just speeding my leader in there. I don't like how some diplomatic meeting RPs can go on for several days, just from arrival to the actual meeting. I would prefer the meeting to get on quicker.

This will be my last post until some of the others start arriving as well.
Avana, Artalia, Great Kingdom of Hayabusa and Artalia

The Chancellor was awoken about an hour before they reached the airport in Avana. He took the time to get ready, and prepare himself for the meeting. His long sleep had made him feel a lot less tired, however it would probably not be long until he gets back into his regular routine of just 4 hours of sleep a night. As soon as they landed in Avana, they were off to the meeting with the Hayabusan Prime Minister. They landed, were processed by border authorities, and then picked up by employees of the Ardokian consulate in the city. They then proceeded to travel to the Hotel Kellam where the meetings would take place.

The Chancellor sat in the back of one of the vehicles in the motorcade, and fiddled with his mobile phone. He looked out the window at the lovely city of Avana for the rest of the trip, not uttering a single word.
Last edited by Ardoki on Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Greater Ardokian Empire | It is Ardoki's destiny to rule the whole world!
Unitary Parliamentary Constitutional Republic

Head of State: Grand Emperor Alistair Killian Moriarty
Head of Government: Grand Imperial Chancellor Kennedy Rowan Coleman
Legislature: Imperial Senate
Ruling Party: Imperial Progressive Party
Technology Level: MT (Primary) | PMT, FanT (Secondary)
Politics: Social Democrat
Religion: None
Personality Type: ENTP 3w4

New Kvenland
Minister

Founded: Jul 07, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Kvenland » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:59 pm

Brynjolfsson sighed as he sat in the back of the taxi. Hayabusa was on the other side of the continent, and the government hadn't given him enough money to rent a limo. "Coming war," they said. Brynjolfsson said bull. His mood progressively got worse and worse, until one disproportionately long limo, with a strange national flag on the back, drove by his car, and he had to look away to resist losing it.

Stop pitying yourself, he thought. New Kvenland is a most powerful nation. The Hayabusans need our Arms Manufacturing, and we need their Retail. This will go well.
californian ultranationalist | the bear flag will fly from cabo to the great salt lake once again | the pretenders in arizona will crumble to the sand they tread on

New Hayabusa
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayabusa » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:55 pm

OOC: I've been really occupied with the Atlas War and starting up my thread, which is why I havent posted here in a while. This is a PLACEHOLDER and an IC post will be up tonight
The Great Kingdom
Dayashina
◤19 | Centre-Right◥

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates