NATION

PASSWORD

The Anime RP (OOC/Dead)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Penguinia-Tempor
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Penguinia-Tempor » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:11 pm

Nature-Spirits wrote:It turns out I didn't have enough time today to finish this up, but I'll just post it here to edit later.

Name: Enma Chouko [閻魔 蝶子]
Species: Magical girl (not yet awakened)
Appearance: Image; she usually wears large square black-rimmed glasses.
Personality: Curious and analytical, Chouko is smarter than she first appears, though she doesn’t always show it. Additionally, she has a bizarre obsession with butterflies, and wishes that she could fly, like them. As such, she is often found daydreaming while staring up at the sky. This, of course, is to the detriment of her social life. Also, if anyone ever kills a butterfly in front of her, she will flip out. She has little self-confidence and sometimes falls into depressions.
Dislikes: People who are mean to butterflies.
Strengths/Abilities: She is a butterfly otaku knows a lot about butterflies,
Weaknesses: She gets distracted from whatever she’s doing whenever she sees a butterfly, she has little experience with social interaction (which isn’t to say that she’s shy per se; she’s simply not used to having friends), she’s clumsy, and to top it all off she can barely use her powers.
Powers: You’ll just have to find out. (They’re barely awakened at this point.)
Bio: WIP, but I ran out of time today, so whatever.

Anime Attributes:
Qualities: Glasses
Advantages: Skilled (knowledge of butterflies)
Disadvantages: Clumsy

Theme Song: Sakasama no Chou (as a human), Butterfly (as a magical girl)
RP Sample: No.

You know, this character sounds an awful lot like Kipling...
P2TM RPer and Proud!

Atlannia wrote:Gahahah, Grakulon the World Building demon ensnares another unwary soul.

ImperialistSalvia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 24, 2009
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby ImperialistSalvia » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:02 pm

Name: Troy Michelson
Species: Shadow Person
Appearance:

Personality: Very sarcastic,
Likes: Peppermints, cats, flying, sailing, and fucking with people
Dislikes: Communists, sneakiness, and watermelons
Strengths/Abilities: He has a good sense of discipline and loyalty, good at baking, has a lot of street smarts, and wise beyond his years.
Weaknesses: His temper can get out-of-hand, watermelons make him physically ill, not trusting initially, can't tell when serious, irresponsible
Powers: Immortality (he doesn't age, if dismembered, his body comes back together [like in Baccano!], and heals quickly; he can only die if in his heart he truly no longer wants to live), telepathy (in the other person's mind, it comes across as a thought from out of the blue), shape-shift into other people (which he hates doing unless for a prank), & he can breathe underwater
Bio: Troy was born in 1916 to a middle-class family in Brooklyn. The Great Depression wrecked his family's income; his father was forced to shut down the family bakery, and at 17 Troy joined the CCC. Following his work for the CCC, Troy was drafted into the Second World War. He fought in the Pacific theatre in the air-force, and was shot down during the Battle of Midway. After he died, "God" spoke to him and said that he must "live amongst the shadows" for the remainder of his days. When he awoke, he 18 again and in L.A. He didn't understand what "God" had meant until he realised his powers. He spent the rest of the 1940's and most of the 1950's in L.A., and moved to various cities throughout the decades (he lived in Dallas in the 60's-70's, D.C. in the 80's, and returned to New York in the 1990's). He was never really able to connect with anyone on a deep, personal level. He did mostly baking and a lot of odd jobs, and lived under many pseudonyms. In 2012, he moved to Japan under his birth name, "Troy Michelson"
Additional Information: He enjoys baking despite his protests

Anime Attributes:
Qualities: Dramatic Entrance & Bishie Sparkle
Advantages: "...I'm Okay...", Hammerspace, & Fast
Disadvantages: Wide-Eyed Idealist, Arrogant, & Clumsy

Theme Song: Here
RP Sample: Here
Last edited by ImperialistSalvia on Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Warning: this poster is a New Yorker
Chandler wrote:
Rachael wrote:Hey guys, guess what!

The fifth dentist caved, and now they're all recommending Trident?
PRO ISRAEL AND DAMN PROUD | Salvian Anthem | Excelsior!
RIP: My Sanity 1996–2018

Mnar Secundus
Ambassador

Founded: May 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Mnar Secundus » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:34 pm

Here's my secondary character. She's a sidekick, so I may not RP her very much.

Name: She currently goes by Hikage Mikoto. Her real name was Sophia (surname unknown), but she discarded it, and only Kamui uses it occasionally.
Species: Human
Please disregard the writing, it's incredibly difficult to find a functional image of this character.
She is 1.59 m tall and weighs 42 kg.

Mikoto's defining trait is her absolute and unconditional loyalty to Shinnomon Kamui. It's not a matter of merely taking bullets for him: she would let herself be methodically tortured for months at an end rather than reveal his favorite brand of shampoo if he hadn't specifically allow her to do it beforehand. If he ordered her to cut her fingers off with a rubber knife, she would start sawing right away without skipping a beat. She isn't in love with him, simply pathologically devoted to him.
She also has no sense of self-worth whatsoever. She considers that being useful as a tool to Kamui - which is what she sees herself as - is a honor greater than anything she has any rights to, to the point that she actually feels genuinely guilty about it. If Kamui walked up to her one day and randomly started beating her to death, she would not only just stand there unresisting but actually feel gratified to be of use to Kamui by letting herself be beaten to death on his apparent whim. Indeed, she would probably feel bad about being given the honor of being killed by Kamui's own hands. Incidentally, Kamui himself somewhat dislikes that aspect of her personality.
Aside from this, Mikoto is a very intelligent, serious and hardworking individual who usually adopts a self-effacing and neutral behavior; this is helped by the fact that she always hangs around Kamui, who has an absurdly ovewhelming personality. Generally speaking, Mikoto prefers not being in the spotlight even when she has the chance, and she spends most of her time taking care of Kamui's various matters while staying in his shadow.
Despite this, she is extremely strong-willed, and does not mince her words even when talking to Kamui - who often refers to her as an advisor; she has a dry and sarcastic sense of humor and, while she rarely speaks above a soft tone, her words tend to be sharp in their content.

Likes: Kamui, reading, Kamui, working, Kamui, cooking and housework, Kamui, snakes, Kamui, straight-faced jokes and sarcasm. And Kamui.
Dislikes: Nothing much, apart from smoke and alcohol.
Strengths/Abilities:
- She has a rather shady international network of contacts and acquaintances who keep her up to date on pretty much everything of note that happens anywhere on Earth. She also manages most of Kamui's money, which makes her insanely rich.
- She is extremely intelligent, very cautious and rarely leaves anything up to chance.
- She is a skilled fighter, though nowhere near the likes of Kamui: she is particularly proficient with supple weapons, and can make a very good sniper at need. She also does not have Kamui's tendency to spare people or go easy on them.
- She is largely insensitive to pain, due to a neurodegenerative sickness she almost died from before Kamui got her cured.
Weaknesses:
- Long story short, she has AIDS. This translates into a large variety of physical issues and the need for regular, intensive treatment. Thankfully Kamui is rich enough that he can give her the very best treatment available, so the symptoms are usually not so bad, but she still has recurring respiratory issues, especially during combat, and a large number of other symptoms may become apparent frequently. This also means that she is physically rather weak, with notably very low stamina.
- Her resistance to pain, lack of self-worth and fanatic devotion to Kamui may lead her to neglect her physical weaknesses and push herself farther than she should. It could also lead her to recklessly sacrifice her life to keep dirt off Kamui's clothes, except that Kamui ordered her to try and stay alive within certain boundaries.
Powers: N/A
Mikoto was born under the name of Sophia in a frankly subpar neighborhood in Belarus. An unwanted child, she never went to school and was sold to a brothel at the age of six, spending the next years as a prostitute (which is largely the cause for her nonexistent self-esteem); seven years ago, when she was 14, she contracted AIDS and was promptly abandoned on the streets.
As she laid dying after a few days of wandering haphazardly, Kamui, then 18 years old and on his trip around the world, walked by by pure chance and took her to the best hospital in the vicinity. He had her cured of the condition's symptoms before offering her a place as his retainer: he would pay her generously, educate her, give her teatment and generally provide for her in exchange for her services. Obviously, she initially took that to imply sexual services - which she would have been quite willing to provide him -, but he denied it immediately.
At this point, after she had promptly made the choice of accepting Kamui's offer, they were attacked by the local mob: people like Kamui tend to upset things wherever they go, and such things were commonplace on his travels. The men never stood a chance, and Kamui utterly crushed a large chunk of the country's organized crime single-handedly; along the way, he took the time to destroy the brothel where Mikoto had been working with great prejudice, further cementing her loyalty.
Then came ... what should have been the hard part. Mikoto's parents turned out to be an obstacle to Kamui's operations. He did not let that stop him: on the contary, he kidnapped them, gave Mikoto a gun and offered her a permanent place at his side, if she could kill her parents on his orders. And he was himself surprised by the speed at which she obeyed. Mikoto didn't even seem to mind. In fact, as Kamui soon understood, this event turned her loyalty to him - which, by that time, was already abnormal - into the worshipful adoration it is to this day.
After that, having secured her place at Kamui's side, Mikoto followed him on his travels, gradually becoming ever more useful to him as she managed the business side of things and compensated for his whimsical ways. And that is where things stand today.

Additional Information: Unbeknownst to Mikoto, Kamui has actually been spending monstrous amounts of money and effort on trying to find a definitive cure for her condition. He hasn't told her about it because they share the belief that a king should not show great emotional attachment to one retainer in particular.

Anime Attributes:
Qualities: N/A
Advantages: Genre Savvy, Skilled (in negotiation, diplomacy and other PR)
Disadvantages: Extreme Doormat (except as regards Kamui)

Theme Song: This.
RP Sample: My other character is already accepted, so ...

Also, NatSpi, a question. In the IC, will we start off as already residing in Settaku, or as just arriving there?
Last edited by Mnar Secundus on Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Reader of The P2TM Times, a biweekly P2TM newspaper on the RPs and happenings of P2TM. Check it out!

Tidings
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tidings » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:16 pm

Hey Guys, and various anime gods,
I have a small tangent/problem that you guys could probably fix easily enough. I'm sort of beginning my exploration of anime and have come up with a snag that sounds like the opposite of a problem really: There is soooooo much stuff out there that I don't really know where to start.

That's were you come in! I need recommendations, what do you guys think is good?
I'm sorry that this is kind of off topic and thanks a lot for your help. :lol:

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 27, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Templar High Council » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:43 pm

Tidings wrote:Hey Guys, and various anime gods,
I have a small tangent/problem that you guys could probably fix easily enough. I'm sort of beginning my exploration of anime and have come up with a snag that sounds like the opposite of a problem really: There is soooooo much stuff out there that I don't really know where to start.

That's were you come in! I need recommendations, what do you guys think is good?

I remember you. Achi, right?
What kind of anime are ya looking for? Generic shonen? Something psychological? Horror-y? Ecchi? There're just so many kinds.
Though I recommend some generic shonen, maybe some slice 'o life to learn about generic anime tropes.
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.
And 2015 Most Involved in P2TM? On a roll now!
----->Founder of The Council of the Multiverse community.<-----

Imperial--japan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial--japan » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:04 pm

The Templar High Council wrote:

I remember you. Achi, right?
What kind of anime are ya looking for? Generic shonen? Something psychological? Horror-y? Ecchi? There're just so many kinds.
Though I recommend some generic shonen, maybe some slice 'o life to learn about generic anime tropes.

Or watch Angel Beats and cry.
Grand Britannia wrote:
Fenexia and holochrome wrote:I want /pol/ to stay in /pol/.

/pol/ shitposted someone into the presidency, it's too late for you.

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:15 pm

Imperial--japan wrote:
The Templar High Council wrote:I remember you. Achi, right?

Haven't watched it, I don't think.
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.

Mnar Secundus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Mnar Secundus » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:24 am

I hardly count as an anime god, but I am a Guy, so ... just my two cents.
This also depends on your age. Temp recommended generic shonen, but I know for a fact that those repulsed me even when I was fourteen (which is supposed to be within their target audience) - indeed, I disliked them so much that they kept me away from anime for a long time until I eventually found out that there was other stuff out there. The [idiotic strongman protagonist + powah of friendship + hard work VS genius] formula can only go so far before it becomes boring. I know many kids (as in children) who really like the stuff, though.
I would recommend checking out some reviews and lists on YouTube. GRArkada makes great reviews IMO. TopAnimeWeekly, Epic Anime Tops and Misty Chronexia make pretty good lists by theme, which is useful.

Reader of The P2TM Times, a biweekly P2TM newspaper on the RPs and happenings of P2TM. Check it out!

TriStates
Senator

Founded: Apr 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby TriStates » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:30 am

Imperial--japan wrote:

You know, I heard so many good things about, so I watched a few episodes. And I just couldn't get into it :blink: I found it kinda slow paced.
Vytautas wrote:There are two kinds of people in this world:
* people giving a fuck,
* people not giving a fuck,
Drink Vytautas, give a NEGATIVE FUCK!
The Burning Sun wrote:...you seem to experience what I shall completely non-offensively dub the Triplex, or TriStates Complex - you spend a ton of time crafting a beautiful work of collaboration, and then you mysteriously disappear...

The Starlight wrote:
TriStates wrote::( I don't like change...

It's coarse and dry and gets everywhere. :p

But I do get what you mean.
My Past Adventures: After World

New Strausberg
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Strausberg » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:32 am

I'm in tag :3

New Strausberg
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Strausberg » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:33 am

Imperial--japan wrote:Or watch Angel Beats and cry.

Haven't watched it, I don't think.

*tackle hugs* TEMP I FOUND YOU :hug:

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:40 am

New Strausberg wrote:
The Templar High Council wrote:Haven't watched it, I don't think.

*return bitch slap* ERMAHGERD STRAUS YOU DID ALL THAT STUFF AND THEN LEFT AND THEN YOU CAME BACK.

HAI.

New Strausberg
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Strausberg » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:43 am

New Strausberg wrote:

*return bitch slap* ERMAHGERD STRAUS YOU DID ALL THAT STUFF AND THEN LEFT AND THEN YOU CAME BACK.

HAI.

*rubs my cheek* I can't help it I got real sick and by the time I got back it was dead :(

Mnar Secundus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Mnar Secundus » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:44 am

Ah, ImperialistSalvia: what you put in your app for anime attributes aren't anything of the sort. There's a list in the OP. You should put what you wrote there under Strengths and Weaknesses.

Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:00 am

Imperial--japan wrote:

God, that anime's sad. I sobbed all through the last two episodes.

Anyway, I'll look through the new apps in a bit.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM Translation Service Thread
A Proud Portal Nationalist
The P2TM Depot – for all your RPing needs

Cosplaying as a Posadist | LOVEWHOYOUARE~ | Kinky Syndicalist

ImperialistSalvia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 24, 2009
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby ImperialistSalvia » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:55 am

Mnar Secundus wrote:Ah, ImperialistSalvia: what you put in your app for anime attributes aren't anything of the sort. There's a list in the OP. You should put what you wrote there under Strengths and Weaknesses.

Woops, sorry; will fix right away :D

Warning: this poster is a New Yorker
Chandler wrote:
Rachael wrote:Hey guys, guess what!

The fifth dentist caved, and now they're all recommending Trident?
PRO ISRAEL AND DAMN PROUD | Salvian Anthem | Excelsior!
RIP: My Sanity 1996–2018

TriStates
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby TriStates » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:47 am

Name: Kirigaya "Kirioto" Katsumoto
Species:Cursed Human
Appearance:

Description:
Height: 186 cm (6'1")
Weight: 81 kg (180 lbs)
Eye Color: Bright Green
Hair Color: Golden-Blond
Body Type: Athletic and slender, yet well-muscled

Personality:

When first meeting Kirioto has a polite, if reserved manner. He is naturally quiet and soft-spoken, not one for small talk, gossip or idle speculation. Patient and unassuming, he has a long fuse for frustration and is slow to anger, though when it does eventually go off, its unhealthy to be the focus of his rage. This is contrasted by a nonchalant additude, bordering on the apathetic, and appears to take little interest in anything instead preferring to observe things as they unfold, though he is extraordinarily talented in numerous areas. A mixture of glass-half full optimism and glass-half empty realism, he prescribes the necessary additude according to what the current situation dictates.

Furthermore, Kirioto has a relatively cold outlook on life; his main goal is for those who have betrayed the Katsumoto family to experience the same level of pain and suffering he did. He often compares predicaments to games, such as chess, willing to gamble everything he is to win them.

As the de facto executive chairman of Katsumoto Heavy Industries, Kirioto exhibits business acumen and impressive keenness in management affairs, though he usually leaves the daily affairs to the Board of Directors. So long as the company profits and he recieves his CEO paycheck, he doesn't concern himself with the business.

He is a very cheerful person at heart, and seems entirely different when alone or among people he is close too. Privately he can be very amusing, charming even. The teasing and sharp wit that he uses in public becomes one filled with warmth and good natured humor.

Likes: All-Things-Technological, Music, The Finer Things In Life, Women, Interesting Conversation

Dislikes: Boredem, the Mundane, Liars, Figures of Authority, Disobideance, Betrayle

Strengths/Abilities:

Hacktivist - If not for his other interests and motiviation for vengance, Kirioto would be borderline Otaku. From illegal downloads to NSA-level hacking, he is very technology savvy.

Bon Appetite! - A Japanese Julia Childs with a hint of Gordon Ramsey. Thanks to uptown background benifits of money and free time, he is a skilled cook who is proficient in most aspects of food preparation. So prepare yourself! Be it grilled cheese or Haute cuisine, when this junior kitchen chef is concerned, there shall be smorgasbord.

The Soloist - A tutor-taught muscian, he has a passion for classical instruments and electric music.

Miyagi the Younger - Feverent Martial Artist and hand to hand weapon practitioner. He prescribes to Bushido philosophy. A Katsumoto familial tradition that dates back to the 14th Century.

Weaknesses:

Mysterious Stranger - His standoff-ish additude towards other people makes him hard to read and understand. While not necessarly hostile, this still creates a wide gulf between Kirioto and people who would otherwise be friends and allies.

Personality Crises -A 21st century Japanese teenager meets a 16th Century Samurai, and a 20th Century IJN Fighter Pilot. A conciousness can only hold so much crazy.

Chivalrous Pervert - Every group has that One Guy. Kirioto, is That Guy.

Drunken Jekyll and Hyde - Alcohol does not agree with Kirioto. It will tend to flip his personality and mood, accenting it to the extreme.

Powers:
Assuming Control - Swaps Kirioto's conciousness with one of his familiars. For the duration of that time, the swapee is the dominant personality within Kirioto's body, augmenting their own strengths, weaknesses, and attributes to Kiriotos.

Unleash Familiar - Summons one or all of his personalities as physical projections working independent of Kiriotos own body.

Bio:
In the small village town of Koide, Kirigaya Katsumoto was the only child to be born to Ujio Katsumoto, a gentleman from a reputable and estate-holding family in Japan, and Ashley Walker, a American scientist with a Doctorate in Aeronautics and Astronautics. Together they began and expanded the Katsumoto family business, a Heavy Industry-oriented powerhouse. Through the years, Katsumoto Heavy Industry Incorporated has developed, supplied, and produced countless breakthroughs from chemical and energy research to aerospace and defense armaments. Continued success with Katsumoto Inc. made the family increasingly weathly and well-known, making Katsumoto a household name in the Home Islands, and a well known entity among the business community internationally.

Kirigaya's childhood was dominated by a combination of city and country life. With both his parents representing both Old and New Money, he was spared no expense when it came to his meals, education, hobbies or style of dress. Chief among the hobbies were fencing, martial arts, music and cooking.

And then, the gravy train came to a halt.

A few months after his 16 birthday, Kirigaya and a few friends went out for a ride around the town, putting his parents gift of a new motorcycle through its paces. Returning to his home later that evening, he arrived to find the Katsumoto manor house engulfed in flames. Rushing in among the flames, he tried desperatly to find and save his parents, but to no avail.

During his recovery from wounds sustained because of the failed rescue effort, police reports and later inquires by investiagtion boards ruled the entire event an unfortunate accident. However, Kirigaya is convinced that there was foul play involved, revolving around certain purchases and developments within Katsumoto Inc at the time, and has resolved to find the people responsible. With his family dead, the authorities unhelpful, and his current condition, he had only one option. He made contact with a high level Shadow Person, and a bargain was struck. He would be granted the powers neccesary to assist him in achieving vengance, in return for his soul.

Additional Information:
*Although he usually presents a solemn and stoic demeanor, Kirioto can be rather childish at times.
*He is exceedingly competitive, which he acknowledges himself. He is unsatisfied with draws, in anything, and will refuse to quit until a victor is declared.
*Kirioto is very fond of sweets, and food in general.
*He is mildly allergic to cats.

Anime Attributes:
Qualities: Ahoge, Otaku (Technology), Bishie Sparkle, Glasses, Split Personality (Misaki & Saito)
Advantages: "...I'm Okay...", Skilled, Genre Savvy
Disadvantages: Accidental Innuendo, Wide-Eyed Idealist, Clumsy, Arrogant

Theme Song: Barely Alive
RP Sample: In sig under References

Name: Captain Saito Hasegawa
Species: Shadow Person (Entrapped Spirit)
Appearance: Image

Personality:

He is usually coldly reserved and taciturn, when he is not showing off his cunning and biting wit by picking people apart and mocking their weaknesses. Saito accurately deduces people's motives and histories from aspects of their personality, appearance, and behavior. He has what can be described as a "Rubik's complex", or the need to solve puzzles and find answers to questions. A few words that best describe the Captains manner is moody, bitter, antagonistic, misanthropic, cynical, grumpy, maverick, anarchistic, sociopathic, and curmudgeon.

Kirioto views Saito as the antithesis of what might be expected from a soldier and war hero, while Misaki sees him as a individual who refuses to obey the usual pieties and common courtisies of life because he is accustom to living a life of pain. Saito does not have much of a social life, and so finds himself relying a lot on the other two in the group for any situation that does not demand some alcohol being drunk, or something being killed.

Likes: Sake, Alcohol in General, Chaos, Women, Weapons, Conflict, Soap Operas, and Monster Truck rallies.
Dislikes: Americans, Religion, Pastries, the 21st Century

Strengths/Abilities:
Ruling Caeser - Can be an inspirational figure and leader when he chooses to act as such.

Military Cadre - Has military training & over a decade of frontline battlefield experiance during the Second World War. Military heritage has been in family since antiquity.

Ace of the East - Is a very experianced IJN Airforce pilot and a brilliant mechanic.

Weaknesses:
Way of the Drunken Stumble - His intoxication is a problem for himself, and everyone else around him.

Totalitarian - Its his way, period. No discussion, no disagreement, and no highway option.

Sneering Imperialist - At times, he can be overburdensome in his own intellectual way. He lacks tact and versatility when criticising and commenting, making him come off as callous and blue-blooded

Powers:
Nagasaki's Revenge - Allows Saito to focus one attack that delivers a large amount of explosive power onto a target and the surrounding area.

Saké Control - He can manipulate alcohol that is around him while it is in liquid form.

Necrokinesis - User can create, shape and manipulate the essence of Death. Causes things to wither, rot, weaken, and eventually die. They can sense and manipulate the essence that allows Death, Destruction, Decay, and Corruption to exist throughout the universe, allowing them to control decayed matter or to request assistance from the dead.

Divine Wind - Summons the Captains A6M Mitsubishi Zero.

Bio:
Saito Hasegawa was born in 1913 to a small Japanese farming family. He enlisted in the Imperial Infantry in 1931, and was soon sent out to assist the Imperial Japanese Army in its invasion, conquest, and occupation of the Manchuria region of China. Eventually (and wisely) realizing that the human body wasn't really designed to have machine gun ammunition and grenades flung at them, Saito decided to say goodbye to his days of sprinting over bullet-riddled battlefields and instead decided to enroll in the burgeoning Japanese pilot training program, where he could really get out there and do some damage. He graduated flight school in 1934, was trained in effective destructive applications of the brand-new, state-of-the-art Nakajima Ki-27 "Nate" interceptor aircraft in 1936, and was assigned to the 11th Sentai Fighter Squadron.

Well, the technologically-superior and borderline-fanatical Imperial War Machine was able to overrun Manchuria without too much resistance, and by 1939 the Japanese had advanced all the way through China to the border of the Soviet Union, where Saito flew and fought against Russian forces in the skies above the Kalka River. It was there he achieved his status as an Ace, and his nickname 'Dragon of the Rising Sun'.

After 1941, Saito had been promoted to the rank of Captain, received a Mitsubish Zero, and was give a squadron of his own. All three of which, soon saw combat against a new generation of American and British aircraft which were wresting the Pacific sky from the Japanese. Among the men he served with, many were convinced that as long as he was at the controls of a flying machine, Hasegawa was invincible. A belief that held true until June, 1945. The then 32 year old Triple-Ace was shot down over Okinawa island while he and a few remaining airforce pilots strafed American soldiers and bombed American invasion ships in a last ditch effort to repel the invading Allied forces.

Enter present day, as his resurrected spirit is given to teenaged Kirigaya Katsumoto as a tool of assistance for fufilling his vengance against his own enemies.

Additional Information:
*He drinks Sake every day, and as a result has developed an addiction to alcohol, which he denies.
*He enjoys gambling, and is always up for a wager.
*A polyglot. He speaks English, Spanish, Russian, Latin, Hindi, and Mandrin.
*Has a slight limp on his left leg. A reminder of his final battle.

Anime Attributes:
Qualities: Dramatic Entrance, Otaku (Gun Nut) Technicolor Eyes (Neon Red)
Advantages: Hammerspace, Improbable Weapon User, Made of Iron
Disadvantages: Arrogant, Thickheaded, Born Unlucky

Theme Song: Mad World

Name: Misaki Fukutsu
Species: Shadow Person (Entrapped Spirit)
Appearance:

Personality:

Misaki is a very calm, patient and hardworking young woman, but is sometimes too selfless for her own good. She has been the second personality to inhabit Kirioto's conciousness, having come about abruptly two weeks after Captain Hasegawa's resurrection in spirit form. This makes her the only woman in a man dominated group, a fact she bemoans and a cause as to why she can be so strict with both Saito and Kirioto. She is known for her honesty, sincerity, idealism and strong ethical center. Even so, she is not out of her depth teasing others, knowing just what buttons to push for either of the men.

She is a deist, but expresses a feeling of respect for people with religious beliefs, unlike Saito, who openly and mercilessly taunts religious people. Misaki objects to Saito's reliance on alcohol and about Kirioto's apathy toward all things, and has gone head-to-head with them many times on the issue.

Likes: Peace and Quiet, Law & Order, Poetry, Martial Combat, Cats, Traditional Japanese Music, Herbal Tea

Dislikes: Noisey and Loud, Deception, Rudeness, Firearms

Strengths/Abilities:
Diplomatist - Acts as a mediator toward groups of people, and keeper of the peace when an argument arises.

Kenjutsu Old School - Is a expert with a sword, and bladed weapons in general.

Sengoku Jidai - A veteran of many battles, having seen combat at its best and worst in Fuedal Japan

Taijutsu Master - She doesn't need a weapon to trash you.
Weaknesses:

Abalaster Knight - Cannot help but be chivalrous and is honorbound to a fault.

Culture Shock - If you got pushed 5 centuries into the future, you'd be a little out of touch too.

Powers:
Flaming Kyūjutsu - Dozens of searing hot arrows of various sizes rain down from the skies upon targets.

Heaven and Earth - Can focus her spiritual Ki energy in resurrecting a person near death back to the apex of health and vitality.

Trusty Stead - Summons her armored war horse.

Necrokinesis - User can create, shape and manipulate the essence of Death. Causes things to wither, rot, weaken, and eventually die. They can sense and manipulate the essence that allows Death, Destruction, Decay, and Corruption to exist throughout the universe, allowing them to control decayed matter or to request assistance from the dead.

Bio:
Misaki is one of the very few women who took the battlefield alongside her male counterparts during the time of Sengoku Jidai, or the Age of the Country At War, a period of turmoil and unrest that rattled and shook the foundations of Feudal Japan. Serving under General Toyotomi Hideyoshi, as a sword-bearer at the age of 10, Misaki would become one of his finest soldiers, and her skills in battle dwarfed many of those held by even the strongest men in her unit, where she proved herself an excellent archer and swords woman.

However, she carried no samurai lineage and was a woman. Since a samurai’s bloodline played such an integral role in any samurai’s standing amongst his peers, and warriors of the fairer sex nearly unheard of, it should have been impossible for her to become the formidable warrior and innovative leader that she would show herself to be. Toyotomi Hideyoshi was known as a unorthodox and liberal individual for his time, and allowed her to be a soldier, a choice of which he would reap the benifits for years to come.

But her enemies were not always on the opposing field of battle. In 1582, while lounging in a temple within her castle citadel, only a small entourage acting as her guard, one of Misaki's own commanders, Akechi Mitsuhide, ordered his army to attack Misaki's stronghold in an act of betrayal. With Misaki surrounded and trapped within her temple that had been set aflame, she retreated away from the fighting where her few but still-loyal troops were being slaughtered. Fighting until physically overwhelmed, she still managed to kill the traitorous Mitsuhide, before committing seppuku.

Enter present day, as her resurrected spirit is given to teenaged Kirigaya Katsumoto as a tool of assistance for fufilling his vengance against his own enemies.

Additional Information:
*She is extremely judgmental towards men.

Anime Attributes:
Qualities: Dramatic Entrance, Berserk Button(Calling/hinting her out as a Tomboy), Technicolor Eyes (Neon Red), Hair Antennae
Advantages: Hammerspace, Improbable Weapon User, Made of Iron
Disadvantages: Clumsy, Born Unlucky, Wide-Eyed Idealist

Theme Song: L.o.I.J OST- Main Title
Last edited by TriStates on Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:52 pm, edited 18 times in total.
* people giving a fuck,
The Burning Sun wrote:...you seem to experience what I shall completely non-offensively dub the Triplex, or TriStates Complex - you spend a ton of time crafting a beautiful work of collaboration, and then you mysteriously disappear...

The Starlight wrote:

Mnar Secundus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Mnar Secundus » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:13 pm

Tris, I don't want to be rude, but isn't Curb-Stomp Blitz a bit OP? I mean, a character with that in, say, combat would be litterally undefeatable. Then what happens when two characters with the attribute in the same domain (which will exist) face off?

Penguinia-Tempor
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Penguinia-Tempor » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:17 pm

Mnar Secundus wrote:Tris, I don't want to be rude, but isn't Curb-Stomp Blitz a bit OP? I mean, a character with that in, say, combat would be litterally undefeatable. Then what happens when two characters with the attribute in the same domain (which will exist) face off?

Yeah, I can agree with that. Maybe it would only affect NPCS or perhaps prewritten battles that are agreed on between 2 PCs in the OOC.
P2TM RPer and Proud!

Atlannia wrote:Gahahah, Grakulon the World Building demon ensnares another unwary soul.

New Strausberg
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Strausberg » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:17 pm

Imperial--japan wrote:

Hiya Japan ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ

Mnar Secundus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Mnar Secundus » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:31 pm

Penguinia-Tempor wrote:
Mnar Secundus wrote:Tris, I don't want to be rude, but isn't Curb-Stomp Blitz a bit OP? I mean, a character with that in, say, combat would be litterally undefeatable. Then what happens when two characters with the attribute in the same domain (which will exist) face off?

Yeah, I can agree with that. Maybe it would only affect NPCS or perhaps prewritten battles that are agreed on between 2 PCs in the OOC.

But then there's no need for it as an attribute. Let's be realistic, the only situation where a NPC could beat a PC is if the OP specifically demands it, in which case Curb-Stomp Blitz would be overlooked anyway - any other battle with a NPC is de facto a Curb-Stomp Blitz. And in the case of a prewritten battle, again, why make it an attribute? If you want the battle to be short and one-sided, prewrite it that way.

New Strausberg
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Strausberg » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:34 pm

Berserk Button You happen to mention in passing what you think is a fairly innocuous observation, question, spoken statment or action instantly makes you go ballistic, flying into a screaming, frothing, sometimes tearful Unstoppable Rage, from which everyone else will be lucky to escape with their life.

This sounds more like a disadvantage than a quality.

Mnar Secundus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Mnar Secundus » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:45 pm

Ah, also, Tris, it's not a big deal, but neither Judo nor Aikido existed in feudal Japan. They are modern systems. You may want to change that to Aikijujutsu, which is more or less the historical precedent of Aikido. As for Judo, there's really no point in having it if you already have all those other systems. Karate wasn't present in actual Japan then, either, being based in Okinawa, but that's close by so it's not a problem.
In fact, in feudal Japan, I think there wasn't really a separation of hand-to-hand combat styles into specialties. They were all called Taijutsu and comprised all manner of techniques. Historically, jujutsu included striking techniques and karate locks, grappling and throwing. The specialization of styles is a recent phenomenon.

TriStates
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby TriStates » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:17 pm

No need to apologize, I apperciate all constructive criticism.

Perhaps the reason it sounds OP is that I didn't put enough emphasis on the specifics.

Since it is a "Blitz" of a move, it is meant to take out the opposition as fast as possible, because the ferocity of it is draining for the person instigagting the Blitz. It wouldn't be like, Characte A use Curb-Stomp Blitz on Character B, then proceeds to at peak condition to fight Characters C, D, and E.

As damaging as the attack would be, it has drawbacks towards the person using it. I think that this would keep it from being OP.

As for two characters using Blitz simaltineously on each other, well, I think it would be equivalent to Chuck Norris fighting Bruce Lee :p You'd get a great big explosion, with some damage done to both.

New Strausberg wrote:
Berserk Button You happen to mention in passing what you think is a fairly innocuous observation, question, spoken statment or action instantly makes you go ballistic, flying into a screaming, frothing, sometimes tearful Unstoppable Rage, from which everyone else will be lucky to escape with their life.

This sounds more like a disadvantage than a quality.

I think it fits more into Qualities because it is more personality defining than a direct disadvantage. Example: A off hand comment on Character A's (breast size, weight, height, skills, etc.) would make Character A just as likely to flip out an enemy making the comment as she would an ally, or a bystander. Of course, it doesn't really matter to me where it goes.

Mnar Secundus wrote:Ah, also, Tris, it's not a big deal, but neither Judo nor Aikido existed in feudal Japan. They are modern systems. You may want to change that to Aikijujutsu, which is more or less the historical precedent of Aikido. As for Judo, there's really no point in having it if you already have all those other systems. Karate wasn't present in actual Japan then, either, being based in Okinawa, but that's close by so it's not a problem.
In fact, in feudal Japan, I think there wasn't really a separation of hand-to-hand combat styles into specialties. They were all called Taijutsu and comprised all manner of techniques. Historically, jujutsu included striking techniques and karate locks, grappling and throwing. The specialization of styles is a recent phenomenon.

I'll just get rid of the examples and go with Taijutsu.
Last edited by TriStates on Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
* people giving a fuck,

The Starlight wrote:

Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:39 pm

TriStates wrote:I have my main's (Kirioto) app completed, while the support characters still require some work. They'll be done by the end of the day.
Meanwhile, heres a few additions to the attributes for your yay or nay:

Curb-Stomp Blitz:In your area of combat, your battles tend to be extremely one-sided; where you just absolutely trash the oppositon for a short time with little-to-no effort.

Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?:Your character reveals that they are deathly afraid of X, which leaves you helpless with fear no matter how unlikely, improbable or ridiculous it is.

Cry Cute: So sad, and yet absolutely adorable. Concious or unconciously, the crying person will be, if anything, more attractive-looking than they normally are, so that people will easily sympathize with them in their moment of emotional vulnerability. For the most part, results in the Woobificationof those present.

Berserk Button Something is mention or done in passing It may be a fairly innocuous observation, question, spoken statment or action, but it nonetheless makes you go ballistic, flying into a screaming, frothing, sometimes tearful Unstoppable Rage, from which everyone else will be lucky to escape with their life.

Determinator: Tact is not in your vocabulary. They do not Know When to Fold 'Em, and it's a waste of time to tell them the odds. No one can reason with them. They'll do whatever they have to without question. No price is too great to pay for success, up to and including their own life. Do not expect them to realize they might be better off letting it go, even if they can barely stand.

Perma Stubble: Now, how to get street cred as a Bad Ass Mofo? Cause big explosions? Shoot with Guns Akimbo? Nah, just stop shaving!

It Amused Me: You don't need a motivation or justification for doing anything beyond the amusement of the act itself. As a result you almost inevitably do things that are dickish, maybe even cruel, but generally not outright evil. This same character will lead a person into a trap, fight them to the death... and then stop on the brink of killing them to laugh and say "Are you all right?" Why? Because it was fun. They'd do just about anything for a lark, really.

Casual Danger Dialog: You hardly ever seem to take danger seriously. You make a sarcastic comment about the danger, crack a joke to get people's attention. (e.g. someone hanging from a cliff says "Hey guys? Over here!") Argue or speak casually while said danger is going on, usually about something tangential. Bonus points if the argument briefly stops for one of the heroes to shout "look out!" and then resumes shortly afterward. Points also awarded if a character in danger suddenly focuses on a complete non-sequitur to the action ("Your hair looks fantastic!").

Thanks. I don't think I'll use Curb-Stomp Blitz (for the reasons mentioned by others), but I will incorporate the others I think.

And again, I'll look at apps soonish. I don't have a lot of time atm, but I'll probably have time later this evening.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM Translation Service Thread
A Proud Portal Nationalist
The P2TM Depot – for all your RPing needs

Cosplaying as a Posadist | LOVEWHOYOUARE~ | Kinky Syndicalist

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse