NATION

PASSWORD

The Last of Us: OOC (New Version/Semi-Alive?)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ameige
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ameige » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:19 pm

Ok so since there are only one group and a single girl in seattle right now and the girl has a fast car and seems pretty much able to take care of herself, Im going to start with seeing if Merida can run into the father/daughter duo. Hopefully not litterally.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:27 pm

Here's my new group app to replace the old MAU.
Nation Name: Void (formerly, and preferably, "Vaxon")

Single Person or Group: Group

Group Name: The Scorpions

Group Ideology: Shoot first, ask questions never, mixed with some militarist views.

Group/Person Location: Seattle.

Brief Summary on Group: The Scorpions are a sewer-dwelling group that use their underground habitat to their advantage. They only come out at night, when it's dark and harder for the runners to see them. They're usually very quiet, raiding any and all buildings for just about anything. The Scorpions are not afraid to shoot off their guns, and their battle cry is literally "Shoot first, ask questions never!". So, there is little to no reasoning with these people. Make too much noise during a Scorpion raid, and you're as good as dead. The Scorpions always mark buildings they've "hit", so people know any supplies previously left in the building are now gone and emptied. The Scorpions are led by Charles Edwin, known to the Scorpions as "Charlie".

Technology Summary: Basic gasmasks, some body armor and heavy weaponry from police station raids. The Scorpions also have a few, but not very many, still-functioning night vision goggles. That's about it, really.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:51 pm

Is it strange that I enjoy playing dark characters? I don't even mean bad characters like Josh and his people. But just dark characters, like Electra, who you might think of as a "Good" person, but she does some messed up things and doesn't even feel that bad about it. I've had plenty of ideas to make her do even darker things, as well. And I've had ideas for this sort of thing for other characters, too, though not so much in this RP.

Maybe it is just because I believe in the fact that everyone has a dark side if they get pushed into it enough, but I'm not sure. Which is partly why I enjoy Game of Thrones, because none of the characters (Except maybe Joffrey) really seem to be fully good or fully evil, and they have a lot of "Grey" areas. I even love how The Last of Us does their characters, because they feel kinda the same. They're great characters. I could probably go on about this subject for a while...

So yeah, I find it fun to think of dark things for my characters to do down the line, stuff that in, say, a normal TV show wouldn't happen. No silly convenient saves by an outside force that conveniently pops up right at the moment someone is dying, no moment of letting a villain repeatedly escape for some dumb reason, ect, ect. It's just enjoyable to think of darker ways to approach these things beyond letting the villain magically escape repeatedly :P

I've also had ideas for like, Electra wanting to eradicate entire groups she thinks of as evil in some way...Not sure how well her group would approve of that sort of idea :P

Electra's never gonna be the same as she was 2 years ago IC-wise :P. And her new personality is probably gonna be the death of her eventually...If something else doesn't get her killed first :twisted:

The V O I D wrote:Here's my new group app to replace the old MAU.

Group Ideology: Shoot first, ask questions never, mixed with some militarist views.

Brief Summary on Group: The Scorpions are a sewer-dwelling group that use their underground habitat to their advantage. They only come out at night, when it's dark and harder for the runners to see them. They're usually very quiet, raiding any and all buildings for just about anything. The Scorpions are not afraid to shoot off their guns, and their battle cry is literally "Shoot first, ask questions never!". So, there is little to no reasoning with these people. Make too much noise during a Scorpion raid, and you're as good as dead. The Scorpions always mark buildings they've "hit", so people know any supplies previously left in the building are now gone and emptied. The Scorpions are led by Charles Edwin, known to the Scorpions as "Charlie".

Technology Summary: Basic gasmasks, some body armor and heavy weaponry from police station raids. The Scorpions also have a few, but not very many, still-functioning night vision goggles. That's about it, really.

Accepted. Your groups are interesting.

I added a world building section in the OP, and I was thinking that we could just throw the MAU in there. So they like, exist, but aren't really a part of the RP very much, but can just exist to make the world feel more "Alive", which was the whole point in making that world building section.

I have some more ideas for the world building section I need to get to work on, as well. Lots of ideas floating in my head to expand this RP still.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:53 pm

Corrian wrote:Is it strange that I enjoy playing dark characters? I don't even mean bad characters like Josh and his people. But just dark characters, like Electra, who you might think of as a "Good" person, but she does some messed up things and doesn't even feel that bad about it. I've had plenty of ideas to make her do even darker things, as well. And I've had ideas for this sort of thing for other characters, too, though not so much in this RP.

Maybe it is just because I believe in the fact that everyone has a dark side if they get pushed into it enough, but I'm not sure. Which is partly why I enjoy Game of Thrones, because none of the characters (Except maybe Joffrey) really seem to be fully good or fully evil, and they have a lot of "Grey" areas. I even love how The Last of Us does their characters, because they feel kinda the same. They're great characters. I could probably go on about this subject for a while...

So yeah, I find it fun to think of dark things for my characters to do down the line, stuff that in, say, a normal TV show wouldn't happen. No silly convenient saves by an outside force that conveniently pops up right at the moment someone is dying, no moment of letting a villain repeatedly escape for some dumb reason, ect, ect. It's just enjoyable to think of darker ways to approach these things beyond letting the villain magically escape repeatedly :P

I've also had ideas for like, Electra wanting to eradicate entire groups she thinks of as evil in some way...Not sure how well her group would approve of that sort of idea :P

Electra's never gonna be the same as she was 2 years ago IC-wise :P. And her new personality is probably gonna be the death of her eventually...If something else doesn't get her killed first :twisted:

The V O I D wrote:Here's my new group app to replace the old MAU.

Accepted. Your groups are interesting.

I added a world building section in the OP, and I was thinking that we could just throw the MAU in there. So they like, exist, but aren't really a part of the RP very much, but can just exist to make the world feel more "Alive", which was the whole point in making that world building section.

I have some more ideas for the world building section I need to get to work on, as well. Lots of ideas floating in my head to expand this RP still.

Thanks, man! So, now that the Scorpions, a sewer-dwelling group are in Seattle, let's see what building I should strike.
What building are all of the people in Seattle near/in, so I might strike the next-door one and they go investigate just because?
No worries, I don't plan on killing anyone.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:05 pm

I have my character Abigail lurking in a random building in Seattle right now. Was trying to give people an opportunity to bump into her somehow while I waited for Terintania to make her character that was gonna meet up with her, so her and I could do a similar story to one we did in a Left 4 Dead RP the two of us before. Didn't really work because Abigail's still been by herself for a while :P
My Last.FM and RYM

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:09 pm

Corrian wrote:I have my character Abigail lurking in a random building in Seattle right now. Was trying to give people an opportunity to bump into her somehow while I waited for Terintania to make her character that was gonna meet up with her, so her and I could do a similar story to one we did in a Left 4 Dead RP the two of us before. Didn't really work because Abigail's still been by herself for a while :P

Sweet. The Scorpions could pop in up in her building. Although, you better make sure you tell them you're nonhostile if they hear you, or... you know.
"Shoot first, ask questions never".

Ameige
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ameige » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:13 pm

Im not %100 sure if seattle's sewer system can fit people but if it helps, it does have an actual underground section. I was googling seattle the other day and apparently modern seattle is litterally built right on top of the ruins of an old one, possibly several stories down. Hope that helps.

Ameige
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ameige » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:17 pm

Corrian wrote:Is it strange that I enjoy playing dark characters? I don't even mean bad characters like Josh and his people. But just dark characters, like Electra, who you might think of as a "Good" person, but she does some messed up things and doesn't even feel that bad about it. I've had plenty of ideas to make her do even darker things, as well. And I've had ideas for this sort of thing for other characters, too, though not so much in this RP.

The Cowdens are incestious cannibals and Colline is a nympho slut if that counts as dark.
Last edited by Ameige on Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ameige
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ameige » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:09 pm

Ok, the father/daughter duo have someone to interact with now, or will soon or something. Yeah! :D

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:49 pm

Ameige wrote:Im not %100 sure if seattle's sewer system can fit people but if it helps, it does have an actual underground section. I was googling seattle the other day and apparently modern seattle is litterally built right on top of the ruins of an old one, possibly several stories down. Hope that helps.

Yeah. Pretty weird. Never got how exactly that works. I would love to visit that one of these days, though, if you're allowed. Since I live about an hour 1/2 from Seattle in real life.

Ameige wrote:Ok, the father/daughter duo have someone to interact with now, or will soon or something. Yeah! :D

Cool:) I'll attempt to get a big post up tonight.

Ameige wrote:The Cowdens are incestious cannibals and Colline is a nympho slut if that counts as dark.

Unique and interesting sometimes mix with dark :P
My Last.FM and RYM

Military Lands of the Scottish People
Senator

Founded: Jul 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Military Lands of the Scottish People » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:54 pm

The V O I D wrote:
Corrian wrote:I have my character Abigail lurking in a random building in Seattle right now. Was trying to give people an opportunity to bump into her somehow while I waited for Terintania to make her character that was gonna meet up with her, so her and I could do a similar story to one we did in a Left 4 Dead RP the two of us before. Didn't really work because Abigail's still been by herself for a while :P

Sweet. The Scorpions could pop in up in her building. Although, you better make sure you tell them you're nonhostile if they hear you, or... you know.

Fuck... NUU MY BOAT! I got to go through Seattle to get supply depots. Maybe I can make a deal? c:
If you need to contact me, the best way is through either joining the Cobalt Network Discord or adding me on it. My username is Hollywood #6420. I get on NS once or twice a week on average.

I have been on here for a while and I have came and went but this Region, Cobalt Network, its full of great people. I recommend you try to join it.
Proud Cobaltian Citizen, November 13, 2017 - Present

Minister of Internal Affairs, March 23rd, 2018 - October 13th, 2018 (two terms)
Vice President, January 16th, 2019 - May 8th, 2019 (One Term)
Recipient of the Cobalt Iron Cross during 2018s N Day.
I do not put a lot of effort here, in regards to my signature, I hope that does not make you think any less of me <3

Ameige
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ameige » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:18 pm

Corrian, I dont mean to nitpick but... well I just gotta. This is regarding Robert/Alexandria's trip to steven's pass ski lodge. A lodge is a type of inn or hotel or whatever. Whenever your on a highway and you see signs for hotels coming up it says "lodgings next right" or whatever. lodgings=lodge=hotel.

Hotels have beds, which each have at least one or more blankets on them plus usually extra blankets in a storeroom somewhere. Mind you, probably moth-eaten ones after 50 years but still, there should be quite a few left, especially in a place that is surrounded by snow several months out of the year and thus probably keeps the moths and most other bugs away. So the dad not having his own blanket to cuddle up with when they are essentially in a hotel in the mountains seems pretty silly to me.
Last edited by Ameige on Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:24 pm

Saying Ski Resort would probably have been better, but I always hear the buildings being called "Ski Lodges" even though all they really do is rentals and have food.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stevens_Pass_Ski_Area
My Last.FM and RYM

Ameige
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ameige » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:30 pm

Corrian wrote:
Ameige wrote:Im not %100 sure if seattle's sewer system can fit people but if it helps, it does have an actual underground section. I was googling seattle the other day and apparently modern seattle is litterally built right on top of the ruins of an old one, possibly several stories down. Hope that helps.

Yeah. Pretty weird. Never got how exactly that works. I would love to visit that one of these days, though, if you're allowed. Since I live about an hour 1/2 from Seattle in real life.

Ameige wrote:Ok, the father/daughter duo have someone to interact with now, or will soon or something. Yeah! :D

Cool:) I'll attempt to get a big post up tonight.

Ameige wrote:The Cowdens are incestious cannibals and Colline is a nympho slut if that counts as dark.

Unique and interesting sometimes mix with dark :P

To the first part, yes. There are three expensive tours. One which just talks about the creation of seattle, how it got destroyed by a fire and got rebuilt, bla bla bla... a second one which talks about the underbelly of old seattle, the brothels and drug dens and whatnot. And a third one which is basically a ghost hunting tour. And no, I've never actually been there. They have a website.
But I was really doing that comment your responding to, to whomever controls the scorpions.

To the second part, yay! Thats pretty much all I got. I just posted that Merida is on her way to steven's pass. She isn't actually there yet.

To the third part yes. Incestious cannibals can be pretty dark. As for nymphos... well I guess you wouldn't want to meet them in a dark alley. They can get really creepy rape faces going on if your not careful. Heh.
Last edited by Ameige on Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ameige
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ameige » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:39 pm

Corrian wrote:Saying Ski Resort would probably have been better, but I always hear the buildings being called "Ski Lodges" even though all they really do is rentals and have food.

http://img2.findthebest.com/sites/defau ... 108207.JPG
http://media.komonews.com/images/111230 ... now_lg.jpg

looks like a lot of buildings for just rentals and food, but Im not the one that lives near it so I'll trust your judgement.

Oh and sense Merida is heading up to the ski lodge to loot it, be warned that if they decide to go with her, they are basically going to find their day walk in the snow to have been useless because they'll just wind up back at the lodge. Also, aren't there any fireplaces in the lodge or something? I would imagine there should be in a ski lodge to keep away the cold.
Last edited by Ameige on Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:42 pm

Ameige wrote:
Corrian wrote:Saying Ski Resort would probably have been better, but I always hear the buildings being called "Ski Lodges" even though all they really do is rentals and have food.

looks like a lot of buildings for just rentals and food, but Im not the one that lives near it so I'll trust your judgement.

I've actually never been to this one beyond driving by it once or twice. The only one I've actually been at, and that was actually snowboarding at, was the Sierra at Tahoe Ski Resort.

Now I miss snowboarding :( . Hopefully I can go again someday...
My Last.FM and RYM

Ameige
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ameige » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:54 pm

Corrian wrote:
Ameige wrote:

I've actually never been to this one beyond driving by it once or twice. The only one I've actually been at, and that was actually snowboarding at, was the Sierra at Tahoe Ski Resort.

Now I miss snowboarding :( . Hopefully I can go again someday...

Never heard of it. Whats a Tahoe? Is it anything like a taco? yum. Anyways, I've been to a few ski resorts and they were usually hotels, and even if they aren't, a lodge would usually have a rustic cabin looking lobby with a deer head hanging over a fireplace with some comfy couches and things and lots of wooden stuff all over the place. A big stuffed bear in one of the corners. Pretty epic stuff. In every movie about a ski lodge, that I have seen, they had a stone fireplace in the lobby surrounded by furniture and a stuffed bear near the door and stuffed animal heads and lamps made out of wood and all sorts of old rustic cabin stuff.
Last edited by Ameige on Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:59 pm

Where I lived a large chunk of my life at, before moving to Washington. Though lived there many different times.

You could seriously be like in the same city and suddenly be in Nevada instead of California. It was also weird because as soon as you drove into the skyscraper section of the city (A small section), suddenly gambling was legal because you were in Nevada instead of California where it was illegal.
Last edited by Corrian on Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Last.FM and RYM

Ameige
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ameige » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:08 am

Corrian wrote:Where I lived a large chunk of my life at, before moving to Washington. Though lived there many different times.

You could seriously be like in the same city and suddenly be in Nevada instead of California. It was also weird because as soon as you drove into the skyscraper section of the city (A small section), suddenly gambling was legal because you were in Nevada instead of California where it was illegal.

I didn't realize they had evergreens in deserts. Facinating. Im pretty sure Nevada is a desert state.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:11 am

Ameige wrote:I didn't realize they had evergreens in deserts. Facinating. Im pretty sure Nevada is a desert state.

Most of it is, yeah. South Lake Tahoe is pretty much a high desert in a sense. I'm not sure I'd really call the trees in Tahoe evergreens, since when I think of evergreens I think of Washington and its super greenery, but yeah, there are pine trees in Tahoe. With big ass pinecones. Almost got hit by them on multiple occasions :P

Also I recall many years on Halloween being in the snow. We got a ton of snow there. You could have 6+ feet of snow at once in your front yard.
My Last.FM and RYM

Ameige
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ameige » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:16 am

Ah but I digress, Merida has been to all 48 mainland states of America in her young life, Im sure if whatever their last name is, decides to join with her, she'll probably have some nice things for them. Plus she has a car with a working heater, so... ya know, theres allways that part of things.

Ameige
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ameige » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:22 am

Corrian wrote:
Ameige wrote:I didn't realize they had evergreens in deserts. Facinating. Im pretty sure Nevada is a desert state.

Most of it is, yeah. South Lake Tahoe is pretty much a high desert in a sense. I'm not sure I'd really call the trees in Tahoe evergreens, since when I think of evergreens I think of Washington and its super greenery, but yeah, there are pine trees in Tahoe. With big ass pinecones. Almost got hit by them on multiple occasions :P

Also I recall many years on Halloween being in the snow. We got a ton of snow there. You could have 6+ feet of snow at once in your front yard.

Pine trees are a type of evergreen. Also, 6 feet of snow?! *squeals* Im so jelous! I've never been anywhere in my life that got that much! You so awesome!

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:22 am

Ameige wrote:
Corrian wrote:Most of it is, yeah. South Lake Tahoe is pretty much a high desert in a sense. I'm not sure I'd really call the trees in Tahoe evergreens, since when I think of evergreens I think of Washington and its super greenery, but yeah, there are pine trees in Tahoe. With big ass pinecones. Almost got hit by them on multiple occasions :P

Pine trees are a type of evergreen. Also, 6 feet of snow?! *squeals* Im so jelous! I've never been anywhere in my life that got that much! You so awesome!

Growing up there is why Corrian and I like snow so much :P
Times are looking grim these days~

Ameige
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ameige » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:40 am

I changed one of the two "camping sets" I had in merida's item list, to 'random supplies' I hope thats allright. I figure, after all this time, she's probably picked up quite a few random things she either thought might come in handy or were just cool. Weither it be useless trinkets and doo-dads or stuff that could actually be compiled together to make something like scrap electronics/scrap metal or office supplies or whatever.

Also, on the note of the ski resort, did it occur to them to look for a portable heater? Im sure whoever built that place would know there would be chances of power outtages because of all the snow piling up on the powerlines or whatever their excuse would be, and thus would probably have a couple chargable battery powered portable heaters lying around just incase. I know I would have thought of that.

But if they have food making devices that still work after 50 years, that alone should generate some heat if they can get a bit of power going, so there's that.
Last edited by Ameige on Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:06 am, edited 3 times in total.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:01 am

Military Lands of the Scottish People wrote:
The V O I D wrote:

Fuck... NUU MY BOAT! I got to go through Seattle to get supply depots. Maybe I can make a deal? c:

The Scorpions will probs either help you, or point guns at you while they wreck your shit.
Either way, it's a very large risk to make deals with them. Also, I plan on posting with them later today.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse