NATION

PASSWORD

New variant field? (World Assembly Woes)

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 14, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

New variant field? (World Assembly Woes)

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:50 am

#132: World Assembly Woes [Sanctaria; ed:Frisbeetria]

The Issue
After a very popular domestic bill was shot down due to contradicting existing World Assembly legislation on a similar subject, the @@CAPITAL@@ Observer organized a national poll among subscribers. Leaders of the 'National Sovereignty' and 'International Federalist' camps are meeting in your office to argue their case.

The Debate
1. "Micromanagement, micromanagement, MICROMANAGEMENT!!!" your Minister for Domestic Affairs shouts, banging his fists on your table. "Those buffoons are seriously overreaching their authority! Every resolution that infernal Assembly passes is an attack on our ability to pass our own legislation! We can't, and shouldn't, have nations full of fools ignorant to our way of life make our decisions for us. We'd be better off without that godforsaken snakepit ... we MUST resign from the World Assembly."

2. "Think of the CHILDREN", cries @@RANDOMNAME@@, your Foreign Minister. "Membership in the World Assembly is vital if @@NAME@@ is to ensure that countries across the multiverse adopt a way of living that is right! I shudder to think of the awfulness that would happen in other nations without our guidance in the World Assembly. Please, Rob the Insane, we must remain a part of this organisation!"

Is there a way to add a new variant (possibly @@RESOLUTION@@?) in this issue that shows the name of either the most recently passed General Assembly resolution, or even one selected at random? The text is vague enough already that it could be potentially referring to any resolution passed by the GA!

The Issue
After a very popular domestic bill was shot down due to contradicting existing World Assembly legislation, Permit Male Circumcision, the @@CAPITAL@@ Observer organized a national poll among subscribers. Leaders of the 'National Sovereignty' and 'International Federalist' camps are meeting in your office to argue their case.

What do you think? :blink:

(Obviously the variant would have to exclude repeals and repealed resolutions somehow.)
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

Sanctaria
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 12, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sanctaria » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:35 am

I don't see it happening any time soon, it'd only be an aesthetic change, and [v] has a pile of coding already on her plate.

So I would agree that it'd be nice, and I'll make sure it's put on the "maybe if you're ever bored, [violet], you could do this" list. But it won't be a priority I'd imagine.
Divine Federation of Sanctaria

Ideological Bulwark #258

Dr. Bethany Greer CMD, Sanctarian Ambassador to the World Assembly
Author of:
GA#109 GA#133 GA#176 GA#201 GA#222 GA#297
GA#590 (Co)
Frisbeeteria wrote:Do people not realize that moderators can tell when someone is wanking?

Luna Amore wrote:Sanc is always watching. Ever vigilant.

Auralia wrote:Your condescending attitude is remarkably annoying.

Return to Got Issues?