NATION

PASSWORD

The IU Official Discussion Thread CLOSED

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
The International Union Administrator
Secretary

Founded: Jul 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

The IU Official Discussion Thread CLOSED

Postby The International Union Administrator » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:20 am

Last edited by The International Union Administrator on Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:34 pm, edited 29 times in total.

Zatak
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zatak » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:24 am

So who is giving me my bomb money
want a embassy in zatak just click the link below
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=276378

Contact the Zatakian Government at: zatagovtele@hotmail.com

Follow the Zatakian Government On twitter!!!: https://twitter.com/ZatakGovernment

Elemental North
Senator

Founded: Aug 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Elemental North » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:28 am

Thank you Quebec, and can someone direct Yohannes in my direction please.
NO. 1 TITTY INSPECTOR

Brechalht
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Brechalht » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:29 am

ignore
Last edited by Brechalht on Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zatak
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Zatak » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:30 am

Elemental North wrote:Thank you Quebec, and can someone direct Yohannes in my direction please.

He is leaving as a observer i believe

i will take his place if needed

Follow the Zatakian Government On twitter!!!: https://twitter.com/ZatakGovernment

Globus
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Globus » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:31 am

What positions am I responsible for appointing?

If I'm not mistaken, it is the deputy director and 3 advisers?

Brechalht
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Brechalht » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:39 am

ignore

Brechalht
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Brechalht » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:42 am

ignore

Globus
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Globus » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:47 am

Brechalht wrote:Above all, we require a written constitution and elections for all major positions, including president, as soon as possible.

We have a draft constitution in the works.

Elemental North
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elemental North » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:47 am

Brechalht wrote:Above all, we require a written constitution and elections for all major positions, including president, as soon as possible.

We just had elections, as in the literally ended like 4 hours ago.
NO. 1 TITTY INSPECTOR

Qubec
Minister

Founded: Aug 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Qubec » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:47 am

EVERYONE PLEASE LOG OUT OF THE ADMIN ACCOUNT RIGHT NOW. THERE ARE TO MANY PEOPLE LOGGED IN AT ONCE AND IT KEEPS KICKING ME OUT.
Last edited by Qubec on Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brechalht
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Brechalht » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:49 am

ignore
Last edited by Brechalht on Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elemental North
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elemental North » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:49 am

Qubec wrote:EVERYONE PLEASE LOG OUT OF THE ADMIN ACCOUNT RIGHT NOW. THERE ARE TO MANY PEOPLE LOGGED IN AT ONCE AND IT KEEPS KICKING ME OUT.

Yeah, that happens. I'm not logged in though, Cyllea and ZATAK perhaps?

And next election cycle will be when each positions respective terms are up according to the const.
Last edited by Elemental North on Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
NO. 1 TITTY INSPECTOR

Zatak
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Zatak » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:49 am

Elemental North wrote:
Qubec wrote:EVERYONE PLEASE LOG OUT OF THE ADMIN ACCOUNT RIGHT NOW. THERE ARE TO MANY PEOPLE LOGGED IN AT ONCE AND IT KEEPS KICKING ME OUT.

Yeah, that happens. I'm not logged in though, Cyllea and ZATAK perhaps?

And next election cycle will be when each positions respective terms are up.

Not me man

Globus
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Globus » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:50 am

Just to remind everyone, this is the constitution we are currently 'loosely' operating on. It is a temporary draft constitution.

Rights of Members
• All members have the right to be fairly and equally represented in union politics.
• All members have the right to one vote in the elections.
• All members have the right to be considered for a position as board member.
• All members are only allowed one position at a time.

Elections
• Elections are held the 1st of each month, elections run for 72 hours from post which declares the elections open.
• The Minister of the Assembly will be tasked with creating the ballot, prior and well advanced to the elections.
• All members may run for any number of board positions, but may only win one.
• If one nation wins two or more positions, the nation picks which position they prefer. The other positions go to the runner-up.
• Board members may hold unlimited consecutive terms.

Separation of Powers
• Those on the board may not exercise power outside of their jurisdiction.
• The Vice President, Interior and Foreign Minister have veto power. They may veto any executive decision made by the President or Executive President. When vetoed, the decision is handed to the Minster of the Assembly, who will arrange a vote.
• Suspension can only be authorized when at least 1 presidents and 1 secretary approve
• Abjection can only be authorized when all presidents and at least 1 secretary approve.
• The Minister of the Assembly holds the sole power to move a bill to the floor, or the Deputy Minister when the Minister has granted him said power in time of absence.
• The Director of the IUGB holds the sole power to deposit or withdraw from the IUGB, or the Deputy Director when the Director has granted him said power in time of absence.
• The declaration of war must be approved by all presidents and at least one secretary. If requested by any President, the Minster of the Assembly may arrange a vote for the declaration of war.

Flardania
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Flardania » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:54 am

Globus wrote:Just to remind everyone, this is the constitution we are currently 'loosely' operating on. It is a temporary draft constitution.

Rights of Members
• All members have the right to be fairly and equally represented in union politics.

Elections
• Elections are held the 1st of each month, elections run for 72 hours from post which declares the elections open.
• The Minister of the Assembly will be tasked with creating the ballot, prior and well advanced to the elections.
• If one nation wins two or more positions, the nation picks which position they prefer. The other positions go to the runner-up.

Separation of Powers
• The Vice President, Interior and Foreign Minister have veto power. They may veto any executive decision made by the President or Executive President. When vetoed, the decision is handed to the Minster of the Assembly, who will arrange a vote.
• Suspension can only be authorized when at least 1 presidents and 1 secretary approve
• Abjection can only be authorized when all presidents and at least 1 secretary approve.
• The Minister of the Assembly holds the sole power to move a bill to the floor, or the Deputy Minister when the Minister has granted him said power in time of absence.
• The Director of the IUGB holds the sole power to deposit or withdraw from the IUGB, or the Deputy Director when the Director has granted him said power in time of absence.
• The declaration of war must be approved by all presidents and at least one secretary. If requested by any President, the Minster of the Assembly may arrange a vote for the declaration of war.

Looks good thus far
A Proud FMR. Foreign Minister of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
Proud member of the -ALLIANCE OF DEMOCRATIC STATES-

I am a MT Japanese/Korean nation inhabited by Human, Anime(They're also Human), and Secret FanT beings (Northern Wilderness)that perform acts based on MT/PMT Reality

Internationally known as Flardania in English, known domestically as Kirishima in Japanese & French, and domestically as Angaeseom in Korean

Brechalht
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Brechalht » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:56 am

ignore
Last edited by Brechalht on Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Roski
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:58 am

Globus wrote:Just to remind everyone, this is the constitution we are currently 'loosely' operating on. It is a temporary draft constitution.

Rights of Members

Elections

Separation of Powers

Te Gusta!
I'm some 17 year old psuedo-libertarian who leans to the left in social terms, is fiercly right economically, and centrist in foriegn policy. Unapologetically Pro-American, Pro-NATO, even if we do fuck up (a lot). If you can find real sources that disagree with me I will change my opinion. Call me IHOP cause I'm always flipping.

Follow my Vex Robotics team on instagram! @3921a_vex

I am the Federal Republic of Roski. I have a population slightly over 256 million with a GDP of 13.92-14.25 trillion. My gross domestic product increases each year between .4%-.1.4%. I have a military with 4.58 million total people, with 1.58 million of those active. My defense spending is 598.5 billion, or 4.2% of my Gross Domestic Product.

Elemental North
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elemental North » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:00 am

Roski wrote:

Rights of Members

Elections

Separation of Powers

Te Gusta!

Are you a member?
NO. 1 TITTY INSPECTOR

Roski
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:01 am

Elemental North wrote:
Roski wrote:
Te Gusta!

Are you a member?

AS of a few minutes ago!
I'm some 17 year old psuedo-libertarian who leans to the left in social terms, is fiercly right economically, and centrist in foriegn policy. Unapologetically Pro-American, Pro-NATO, even if we do fuck up (a lot). If you can find real sources that disagree with me I will change my opinion. Call me IHOP cause I'm always flipping.

I am the Federal Republic of Roski. I have a population slightly over 256 million with a GDP of 13.92-14.25 trillion. My gross domestic product increases each year between .4%-.1.4%. I have a military with 4.58 million total people, with 1.58 million of those active. My defense spending is 598.5 billion, or 4.2% of my Gross Domestic Product.

Elemental North
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elemental North » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:03 am

Roski wrote:
Elemental North wrote:
Are you a member?

AS of a few minutes ago!

Alright then. Welcome!
NO. 1 TITTY INSPECTOR

Roski
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:03 am

Elemental North wrote:
Roski wrote:
AS of a few minutes ago!

Alright then. Welcome!

Danke!

Chesterville
Secretary

Founded: Jul 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Chesterville » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:05 am

hi everyone ty for accepting me

The International Union Administrator
Secretary

Founded: Jul 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The International Union Administrator » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:05 am

ZATAK there are some military posts in the main thread that need your approving

Roski
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:08 am

Actually, is this Modern Tech Only?

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates