NATION

PASSWORD

Osiris Fraternal Order

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nierr
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Nierr » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:10 pm

The Dourian Embassy wrote:The OFO is not at all hostile to Defenders. We have many in our legislature

I won't query the former because I've made my peace with the person I needed to, but does one (at my count, Drexyl Nox) count as many?

Cormac A Stark
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac A Stark » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:11 pm

The Osiris Papyrus
An Update from the Osiris Fraternal Order

First Edition

Government of the Osiris Fraternal Order

Pharaoh: Severisen Isaraider
Vizier: Cormac Somerset
Scribe of Isis (Integration): Frederick Alexander Fominov
Scribe of Horus (Foreign Affairs): Cormac Somerset
Scribe of Sekhmet (Military Affairs): Joshua Bluteisen
Scribe of Ptah (Culture): Rachel Somerset
Scribe of Ma'at (WA Affairs): Treize Dreizehn
Scribe of Bastet (Security): North East Somerset
Scribe of Seshat (Justice): Abacathea North

Keeper of the Deshret: Treize Dreizehn
Curator of the Deshret: Blaine Zeorus Montresor

Chief Elder of the Pschent: Josh Sebastian
Elders of the Pschent: Jurisdictions, r3naissanc3r

Guardians of the Atef: Datford-Zyvetskistaahn, Revert, Treize Dreizehn

News from Osiris

~ The Osiris Fraternal Order and the Republic of Europeia are currently celebrating their first joint cultural festival. The first half of the festival is taking place in Europeia and will soon be moving to Osiris for the second half. The festival has been great fun for both communities!

~ The Osiris Fraternal Order has ratified treaties with a number of allies and partners since its inception in December 2013. We look forward to continuing to work with our allies and partners!

• The Fraternal Treaty of Thebes with The New Inquisition on 23 January 2014;
  • The Mediterranean Accord with Albion on 12 March 2014;
  • The Treaty of Maxonberg with The Land of Kings and Emperors on 22 April 2014;
  • The Treaty of the Old Gods with Balder on 27 April 2014;
  • The Treaty of Alexandria with Europeia on 27 April 2014;
  • The East Pacific - Osiris Treaty of Amity on 31 May 2014;
  • The Third Monarchist Treaty with fellow monarchist regions on 09 June 2014;
  • The Non-Aggression Pact between Osiris and The Rejected Realms on 09 June 2014.
~ Ambroscus Koth, co-founder of the Osiris Fraternal Order, has been nominated by the Pharaoh of Osiris and the King of Balder to serve as the second Joint Commander of the Imperial Sovereign Realms Army, the joint military force created by the Treaty of the Old Gods. His confirmation is pending in the Deshret of Osiris and the Riksdag of Balder.

~ The Deshret of Osiris is considering amendments to the State Code of Osiris, our regional constitution, that would among other things shift from challenge elections to regularly scheduled elections for Pharaoh, an elected rather than appointed judiciary, and an elected attorney general. The amendment to the State Code is expected to go to vote in the next few days.

~ Charles Cerebella has unveiled a new map for the Great Cities of Osiris, an extensive role play project developed by former Pharaoh Joshua Ravenclaw. Check out the new map here!

~ The Imperial Sovereign Realms Army has recently participated in the following multi-regional operations:

• Liberation of Liberal Haven from occupation by Right Wing Uprising;
  • Defense of Hogwarts, the regional territory of our friends from Lone Wolves United;
  • Invasion of NAZI EUROPE, with the Sekhmet Legion of Osiris participating at update and the Jomsvikings of Balder providing post-update support.
~ The Osiris Fraternal Order recently severed relations with the People's Republic of Lazarus. We regret that this step was made necessary by their open hostility to our allies and our own regional principles. If you missed our statement, you can find it here.

~ The Priesthood of Horus has published a new Policy on Forum Embassies and Consulates that may impact your regional embassy over the next couple of months. We ask ambassadors to familiarize themselves with this policy.

Dalimbar
Envoy

Founded: Jul 19, 2004
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Dalimbar » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:33 pm

The Dourian Embassy wrote:Snip

Having not really proved me wrong at all (I like it when you're snarky), do you or any other leading figures of the OFO have anything to back up claims that Lazarus is out to get you guys? Yes, Lazarus is perfectly aware you're imperialists. Big deal. Any substantial evidence? I highly doubt it, beyond bluster and blur.
Dalimbar,
Delegate / Pharaoh (Ret.) of Osiris
Delegate (Ret.) of The North Pacific
Guardian (Ret.) of The West Pacific
Member of the Ex-Feeder Tyrant Club
Escade - @Dali how many husbands do you have and why do you take the bestest ones
Dali -1. Who knows. 2. Because I am a scoundrel.
---
Ark - He shows off some obscure but tasteful art, features smoking heavily, and is ironically more popular now than when he was published
---
Comrade Senator Marina - Dali is the most fabulous man alive and the bane of all uncouped regions

Wintermoot
Envoy

Founded: May 09, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Wintermoot » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:52 pm

Nierr wrote:
The Dourian Embassy wrote:The OFO is not at all hostile to Defenders. We have many in our legislature

I won't query the former because I've made my peace with the person I needed to, but does one (at my count, Drexyl Nox) count as many?

Nox actually identifies as a raider, not a defender.
Inric Nordrim Kestar
Monarch of Wintreath

Cormac A Stark
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac A Stark » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:54 pm

I'm not sure how many different ways I can say I'm not going to engage in this back and forth with the PRL, but since it hasn't gotten through, I'll say it again: I'm not going to engage in this back and forth with the PRL.

I'm certainly not going to engage in back and forth with "Lady Anastasia" of Empire, enemy of Osiris and for that matter a threat to all Feeders and Sinkers.

I would encourage other Osirans not to do so either but that's obviously their choice.
Last edited by Cormac A Stark on Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

McMasterdonia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 19, 2012
Mother Knows Best State

Postby McMasterdonia » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:15 pm

Thanks for the update. Charles Cerebella's map in particular is quite impressive. I hope some good activity comes out of it.

Dalimbar
Envoy

Founded: Jul 19, 2004
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Dalimbar » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:57 pm

As an aside, it is a nice update. Congrats to Koth on his new role.
Dalimbar,
Delegate / Pharaoh (Ret.) of Osiris
Delegate (Ret.) of The North Pacific
Guardian (Ret.) of The West Pacific
Member of the Ex-Feeder Tyrant Club
Escade - @Dali how many husbands do you have and why do you take the bestest ones
Dali -1. Who knows. 2. Because I am a scoundrel.
---
Ark - He shows off some obscure but tasteful art, features smoking heavily, and is ironically more popular now than when he was published
---
Comrade Senator Marina - Dali is the most fabulous man alive and the bane of all uncouped regions

Mekhet
Envoy

Founded: Oct 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mekhet » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:36 am

Nierr wrote:

There are at least a few or more. Nox as far as I was aware was between being defender and raider. I was defender when I was allowed and came back to Osiris. My switch to raiding had nothing to do with Osiris though.

Equinox
"Join the Church of Hat-thiesm. ALL THINGS THAT COVER YOUR HEAD IS A HAT! HATS!!!" - Pope Hatchard I

The Dourian Embassy
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 15, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby The Dourian Embassy » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:53 am

Dalimbar wrote:
The Dourian Embassy wrote:Snip

Having not really proved me wrong at all (I like it when you're snarky), do you or any other leading figures of the OFO have anything to back up claims that Lazarus is out to get you guys? Yes, Lazarus is perfectly aware you're imperialists. Big deal. Any substantial evidence? I highly doubt it, beyond bluster and blur.

Aha. See that's what we like to call "shifting the argument". I say "we don't think anyone is out to get us," and you respond with "yes but prove someone is out to get you". Oh and the tactic of not restating the opponent's arguments in order to blur what they really said doesn't really work in a written medium.

I honestly expected a more subtle strategy than to ignore what I said and then ask me a question about a subject I already refuted(namely that "someone is out to get us"). Or asking me to support a claim I never made. I'll say it again:
This is a diplomatic solution to a diplomatic problem. They insulted us and our allies and we cut off relations. It's a simple thing.

Dali, I've been told you were good at this. Stop disappointing me.
Last edited by The Dourian Embassy on Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
Treize Dreizehn, President of Douria.

cause ain't no such things as halfway crooks

Nierr
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nierr » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:59 am

Mekhet wrote:
Nierr wrote:I won't query the former because I've made my peace with the person I needed to, but does one (at my count, Drexyl Nox) count as many?

There are at least a few or more. Nox as far as I was aware was between being defender and raider. I was defender when I was allowed and came back to Osiris. My switch to raiding had nothing to do with Osiris though.

*shrugs* Going by what I see on the member lists :P

Cormac A Stark
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac A Stark » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:39 pm

Statement from the Pharaoh of the Osiris Fraternal Order
on the Destruction of the Lone Wolves United Forum

It deeply saddens me that my first diplomatic act as Pharaoh of the Osiris Fraternal Order is to address forum destruction at all, let alone the destruction of the forum belonging to our friends from Lone Wolves United. Nonetheless, the Lone Wolves United forum has been destroyed by Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds, the most senior LWU official after Khan Evil Wolf. The motivations behind this act of forum destruction remain largely unclear at this time. Efforts are currently being made by Khan Evil Wolf to recover the forum.

The Osiris Fraternal Order unequivocally condemns all acts of forum destruction, regardless of the wholly inadequate excuses that forum destroyers use to justify their actions. Forum destruction is an act that can never be justified. We specifically condemn the destruction of the Lone Wolves United forum and as Pharaoh of the Osiris Fraternal Order, I hereby declare Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds, already delete-on-sight from NationStates, persona non grata in Osiris. Neither he nor any other perpetrator of forum destruction will find safe haven in Osiris.

We offer our best wishes to Lone Wolves United in the recovery of their forum, and our pledge to assist them in any way that we can should full recovery prove impossible and should our assistance be desired. The Osiris Fraternal Order not only stands against the perpetrators of forum destruction, but also with those impacted by their interregional crimes, and we will always do everything in our power to see that communities recover from this most heinous and intolerable of acts.

Pharaoh of the Osiris Fraternal Order

Todd McCloud
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Todd McCloud » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:45 pm

Beyond despicable. I hope they're able to recover the forums. If it's zeta, and it was caught early, I think they should be able to.
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II

Nierr
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nierr » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:25 pm

They could always just move to a new, safe forum.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:37 pm

Disgraceful act. Hopefully LWU is able to recover what was lost.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Vom Leben
Attaché

Founded: Apr 26, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vom Leben » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:38 pm

Nierr wrote:They could always just move to a new, safe forum.

Have a downvote. :|
Boo.

Puppet of Klaus Devestatorie

Karpathos
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Karpathos » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:38 pm

Tough break, hope EW can fix it.
Honor Guard to Black adder's cunning plan
The Emmanuel Goldstein of Osiris
Veteran of The Great Patriotic War & the ADN proxy wars
Last Native of Greece
Foremer RLA Red Guard
Former head if he USSR KGB
Forner member of SECO
Froner Lt. in The DEN
[spoiler]So long as there is imperialism in the world, a permanent peace is impossible.
[/spoiler]
Aperi is Aperi.

Tano
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tano » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:44 pm

Damn, my sympathies to LWU. Here's to hoping they can recover what's lost.
Tano Holland
Govindia: Do you consider me a friend, or just an acquaintance or what?
hobbes: I don't particularly consider anyone a true 'friend'
hobbes: at least,not on NS
Govindia: why is that?
hobbes: because
hobbes: everyone here is a jackass
hobbes: myself included

Pixie: *heart sploosh*
Tano: if your heart is splooshing you should contact a doctor
Tano: hearts are supposed to thump not sploosh
Pixie: No this is normal
Pixie: intense emotion causes me to hemorrage internally
Pixie: my life is like a really depressing comedic episode of The X-Files

Khron: we need an achievment of rem's face just for Tano
Pixie: haha
Pixie: "be Tano"

Brunhilde: My quotes should be in more signatures.

Also known as Takane or Terisclu

Applebania
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 17, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Applebania » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:52 pm

...Holy shit.

My sincere condolences to Lone Wolves United.
AKA Karlsefni
Citizen of the Rejected Realms
Sergeant of the Rejected Realms Army

Venico
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Venico » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:45 am

Here are some logs of a co conspirator maybe? Not to mention that LSD was looking to infiltrate Osi... http://pastebin.com/VB6tT2Ek
Last edited by Venico on Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Priest of Raider Unity

Raider Unity, Maintain a Founder, Sign a Treaty

Malice Never Dies...

Nierr
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nierr » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:16 am

Venico wrote:Here are some logs of a co conspirator maybe? Not to mention that LSD was looking to infiltrate Osi... http://pastebin.com/VB6tT2Ek

One of most boring log releases since Cormac got his hands on a load of Empire stuff.

Space Dandy
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Space Dandy » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:25 am

Nierr wrote:
Venico wrote:Here are some logs of a co conspirator maybe? Not to mention that LSD was looking to infiltrate Osi... http://pastebin.com/VB6tT2Ek

One of most boring log releases since Cormac got his hands on a load of Empire stuff.

One of the most boring replies I've seen since ever. Come on now Georgie, what the hell are you trying to prove here? Nothing, that's what.

Nierr
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nierr » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:49 am

I was commenting on that log, not trying to prove anything.

Get over yourself. Jesus.

Edit: to clarify I was comparing it to when Cormac discovered he still had access to one of the Empire's forums as an example of a disappointing leak/release. My comment was not a comment on Cormac, only the contents of both releases.
Last edited by Nierr on Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kogvuron
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 30, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kogvuron » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:17 am

Man, that sucks. Condolences to LWU and EW and I hope he can get everything back
"It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul. " - William Ernest Henley

"Cowards die many times before their deaths,
The valiant never taste of death but once." - Julius Caesar

Cormac A Stark
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac A Stark » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:18 pm

"Boring" or not, Lamb Stone is also declared persona non grata for both his complicity in the LWU forum destruction and the apparent plot to overthrow the Osiris Fraternal Order.

Glen-Rhodes
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Glen-Rhodes » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:02 pm

... Am I the only one who saw the whole racist language thing in those logs, too? :?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay