NATION

PASSWORD

Hogwarts: A New Era(OOC, Signups, OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Should we skip to the end of the day?

Yes
68%
No
32%

Total votes : 50

Fiery Armageddon
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Fiery Armageddon » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:34 am

Lorellion wrote:
Fiery Armageddon wrote:Oh, and if you want me to explain by what, "But his ritual failed." meant, I'll tell you :)

Sure! :p

Sorry I've been off, but what I mean is, he is basically like Bigby Wolf from The Wolf Among Us, if you don't know what that means, he only turns if he is getting injured, dying, or loosing his temper. Oh and also, he has stages to his Lycanthropy, and his condition gets worse the worse he is injured, etc.
Last edited by Fiery Armageddon on Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You're average kind fellow, who secretly runs an oppressive dictatorship on a brilliant website. Love it.

Holy Empire of Avalon
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Empire of Avalon » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:51 am

What kind of creatures of playful and happy? I was going to have my character's wand use a core made of them, but I could find no such beast.
Global War on Crime
______
Operation: VENGEFUL SPIRIT
|____|
Order of the Purple Cross
______
Al-Khalifiya Campaign
_|||_|||_
Arabic Spain Remembrance
______
Aravean Liberation
______
Magian Defense
||||||||

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:56 am

Holy Empire of Avalon wrote:What kind of creatures of playful and happy? I was going to have my character's wand use a core made of them, but I could find no such beast.

Pixies?
Times are looking grim these days~

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:57 am

Got one of my apps done. I have others, but they're not finished yet but I wanted get at least one app up before the OP disappears until Saturday.

I'm not sure why but coming up with strengths was difficult for this character...She doesn't really have very specific strengths in the past with RP's, so I guess it makes sense...

My Harry Potter history is a little rusty, so if anything is off, say so.

Name: Adair Ferland
Year(For a student only): 1st
House(order the four houses from favorite to least favorite. I'll try to give you your first or second choice): Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, Gryffindor, and Slytherin
Wand Type: Redwood with unicorn hair core, ten and three quarter inches, quite flexible
Pet(Name, Type, Description): Her name is Maya, and she is a cat. Picture says more than words can, especially written by me:
. She weighs only a mere 6 pounds, being a very light cat that is full grown. Super sweet when she wants to be, but can have her moments when she just wants to be by herself and doesn't want much to do with people.
Quidditch Position(Team, Position): None
Blood-status: Muggle-Born
Family: Isiah Ferland (Father) and Maddi Ferland (Mother)
Personality: Super happy hyperactive little girl who acts like she is a ball full of constant never ending energy boosted to even more extreme levvels with caffeine. She's super friendly to others, as well, and for her to be rude to you, you probably had to have done something pretty serious to piss her off. There barely seems to be a bad bone in her body.
Appearance:
ImageImageImage

History: She grew up with her parents, never believing such a thing as magic existed or was logically possible to even exist, or even remotely thinking about it in the first place for that matter. Her parents taught her well, like to treat others nicely, and how you would want to be treated. Part of the reason she was the nice person that she was had to do with her parents, but her personality came naturally and isn't at all like either of her parents. Neither one of them are, or ever were as cheerful as she comes off as on a regular basis.

But one day, she got this weird letter in the mail saying that she had been invited to this school for Wizard's and Witches, and she couldn't believe what she was wearing. When her parents went out of their way to verify it wasn't some dumb fake letter being sent out around, they somehow or other found out that it was in fact true. While she really didn't want to leave her parents that she was so close to, the idea of going to a school full of magic was amazing to her, and something that she never expected to possibly happen. There was obviously a reason they chose her, and she felt honored beyond words that she could describe what had just happened in her life.

And with that set in stone, she eventially set out for Hogwarts after getting everything that she needed and such.
Interests: Drawing, cuddly things, and games
Strengths: Working with animals and her friendliness and kindness to others. Honestly can't really think of anything else to add.
Weaknesses: Being overly kind to everyone could also be a weakness at times due to the fact that she could be TOO nice to everyone, and get herself caught up in something with being nice to people trying to use her. Another weakness of hers is that she gets scared rather easily when it comes to any serious situations, making it hard for her to really do anything useful in those situations.
Last edited by Corrian on Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Holy Empire of Avalon
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Empire of Avalon » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:00 am

Terintania wrote:
Holy Empire of Avalon wrote:What kind of creatures of playful and happy? I was going to have my character's wand use a core made of them, but I could find no such beast.

Pixies?

Problem is pixies cause more mischief than just being playful.
Global War on Crime
______
|____|
______
Al-Khalifiya Campaign
_|||_|||_
Arabic Spain Remembrance
______
Aravean Liberation
______
Magian Defense
||||||||

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:08 am

Holy Empire of Avalon wrote:
Terintania wrote:Pixies?

I don't know harry potter creatures, so, yeah.

Islamic Republic e Jariri
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:18 am

Hello everyone! Its good to see we have more players joining, I'm really looking forward to this RP.

Has the IC been launched? Five more pages have formed on the OOC since I was last online 12 hours ago.

Holy Empire of Avalon
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Empire of Avalon » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:22 am

Name: Astrid Lunar Quinn
Year: First
House:
Ravenclaw
Gryffindor
Hufflepuff
Slytherin
Wand Type: Dogwood, Pixie Dust, 18 inches
Pet: Jeanette, Mockingjay, multicolored bluejay capable of mimicking other animals calls and bird songs.
Quidditch Position: Ravenclaw, Seeker (couldn't see her as much else)
Blood-status: Pure-blood
Family: Mother-Marianna Quinn (Deceased), Father-Henry Quinn (Deceased), Grandfather-Ronald Quinn (Alive), Grandmother-Tabitha (Alive)
Personality: Cheerful, light hearted, easily pleased, constantly hopeful, encouraging, playful in terms of attitude
Appearance: Barely four feet tall in height, long red hair extending to about her waist that usually is in two pigtails, emerald green eyes, most noticible feature is a brief scar on the center of her forehead shaped slightly like a crescent moon
Astrid's appearance base
Obviously in clothes that do not show so much skin of course

History:
Interests:
Strengths:
Weaknesses: A strong fear of fire, after the accident she cannot bear to be around fire, it is so bad that even small fireplaces will make her paranoid

-WIP- heading to the store, this will be finished from my phone now that the hard part is done. Prepare yourselves for yet another amazing tragic hero from yours truly! :P
Global War on Crime
______
|____|
______
Al-Khalifiya Campaign
_|||_|||_
Arabic Spain Remembrance
______
Aravean Liberation
______
Magian Defense
||||||||

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:24 am

Holy Empire of Avalon wrote:Name: Astrid Lunar Quinn
House:
Ravenclaw
Gryffindor
Hufflepuff
Slytherin
Pet: Jeanette, Mockingjay, multicolored bluejay capable of mimicking other animals calls and bird songs.
Family: Mother-Marianna Quinn (Deceased), Father-Henry Quinn (Deceased), Grandfather-Ronald Quinn (Alive), Grandmother-Tabitha (Alive)
Personality: Cheerful, light hearted, easily pleased, constantly hopeful, encouraging, playful in terms of attitude
Appearance: Barely four feet tall in height, long red hair extending to about her waist that usually is in two pigtails, emerald green eyes, most noticible feature is a brief scar on the center of her forehead shaped slightly like a crescent moon
Astrid's appearance base

History:
Interests:
Strengths:
Weaknesses: A strong fear of fire, after the accident she cannot bear to be around fire, it is so bad that even small fireplaces will make her paranoid

-WIP- heading to the store, this will be finished from my phone now that the hard part is done. Prepare yourselves for yet another amazing tragic hero from yours truly! :P

She has a really long wand, and she's sort. I'm pretty sure shorter people usually get shorter wands.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:25 am

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:Hello everyone! Its good to see we have more players joining, I'm really looking forward to this RP.

Has the IC been launched? Five more pages have formed on the OOC since I was last online 12 hours ago.

Nope, no IC yet.
My Last.FM and RYM

Holy Empire of Avalon
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Empire of Avalon » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:26 am

Terintania wrote:
House:
Ravenclaw
Gryffindor
Hufflepuff
Slytherin
Astrid's appearance base

History:
Interests:
Strengths:

She has a really long wand, and she's sort. I'm pretty sure shorter people usually get shorter wands.

Misconception, the wand length is actually a measure of how complete the person personality is, that was my question when I started looking at it all, but nope lots of short people can have long wands. Figured the length was correct being as she is very outgoing and constantly happy.
Global War on Crime
______
|____|
______
Al-Khalifiya Campaign
_|||_|||_
Arabic Spain Remembrance
______
Aravean Liberation
______
Magian Defense
||||||||

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:28 am

Terintania wrote:She has a really long wand, and she's sort. I'm pretty sure shorter people usually get shorter wands.

Misconception, the wand length is actually a measure of how complete the person personality is, that was my question when I started looking at it all, but nope lots of short people can have long wands. Figured the length was correct being as she is very outgoing and constantly happy.

I still think 18 inches is kind of long. I could see it being long, but the average is 14. And we have a lot of people with big wands as is.

Holy Empire of Avalon
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Empire of Avalon » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:30 am

Terintania wrote:
Holy Empire of Avalon wrote:Misconception, the wand length is actually a measure of how complete the person personality is, that was my question when I started looking at it all, but nope lots of short people can have long wands. Figured the length was correct being as she is very outgoing and constantly happy.

I still think 18 inches is kind of long. I could see it being long, but the average is 14. And we have a lot of people with big wands as is.

Just means we got good personalities :P
Global War on Crime
______
|____|
______
Al-Khalifiya Campaign
_|||_|||_
Arabic Spain Remembrance
______
Aravean Liberation
______
Magian Defense
||||||||

Lorellion
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Lorellion » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:31 am

Corrian wrote:Got one of my apps done. I have others, but they're not finished yet but I wanted get at least one app up before the OP disappears until Saturday.

I'm not sure why but coming up with strengths was difficult for this character...She doesn't really have very specific strengths in the past with RP's, so I guess it makes sense...

My Harry Potter history is a little rusty, so if anything is off, say so.

Name: Adair Ferland
Year(For a student only): 1st
House(order the four houses from favorite to least favorite. I'll try to give you your first or second choice): Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, Gryffindor, and Slytherin
Wand Type: 9.5", Schlangenholz, Unicorn Hair
Pet(Name, Type, Description): Her name is Maya, and she is a cat. Picture says more than words can, especially written by me: . She weighs only a mere 6 pounds, being a very light cat that is full grown. Super sweet when she wants to be, but can have her moments when she just wants to be by herself and doesn't want much to do with people.
Quidditch Position(Team, Position): None
Blood-status: Muggle-Born
Family: Isiah Ferkand (Father) and Maddi Ferland (Mother)
Personality: Super happy hyperactive little girl who acts like she is a ball full of constant never ending energy boosted to even more extreme levvels with caffeine. She's super friendly to others, as well, and for her to be rude to you, you probably had to have done something pretty serious to piss her off. There barely seems to be a bad bone in her body.
Appearance:
History: She grew up with her parents, never believing such a thing as magic existed or was logically possible to even exist, or even remotely thinking about it in the first place for that matter. Her parents taught her well, like to treat others nicely, and how you would want to be treated. Part of the reason she was the nice person that she was had to do with her parents, but her personality came naturally and isn't at all like either of her parents. Neither one of them are, or ever were as cheerful as she comes off as on a regular basis.

But one day, she got this weird letter in the mail saying that she had been invited to this school for Wizard's and Witches, and she couldn't believe what she was wearing. When her parents went out of their way to verify it wasn't some dumb fake letter being sent out around, they somehow or other found out that it was in fact true. While she really didn't want to leave her parents that she was so close to, the idea of going to a school full of magic was amazing to her, and something that she never expected to possibly happen. There was obviously a reason they chose her, and she felt honored beyond words that she could describe what had just happened in her life.

And with that set in stone, she eventially set out for Hogwarts after getting everything that she needed and such.
Interests: Drawing, cuddly things, and games
Strengths: Working with animals and her friendliness and kindness to others. Honestly can't really think of anything else to add.
Weaknesses: Being overly kind to everyone could also be a weakness at times due to the fact that she could be TOO nice to everyone, and get herself caught up in something with being nice to people trying to use her. Another weakness of hers is that she gets scared rather easily when it comes to any serious situations, making it hard for her to really do anything useful in those situations.

Accepted!

House:
Ravenclaw
Gryffindor
Hufflepuff
Slytherin
Astrid's appearance base

History:
Interests:
Strengths:

Will be accepted once its finished! :lol:

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:31 am

Thanks!

Holy Empire of Avalon wrote:Misconception, the wand length is actually a measure of how complete the person personality is, that was my question when I started looking at it all, but nope lots of short people can have long wands. Figured the length was correct being as she is very outgoing and constantly happy.

My character is outgoing and happy and has a tiny wand....I didn't know that the length had something to do with personality.
My Last.FM and RYM

Lightwood (Ancient)
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Lightwood (Ancient) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:32 am

Terintania wrote:Pixies?

hm... phoenix?

Lorellion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lorellion » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:34 am

IC is up! Will put the link in the OP.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:38 am

How are we supposed to start?

Lorellion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lorellion » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:43 am

I was thinking that we should start at King's Cross getting on the train.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:45 am

Lorellion wrote:I was thinking that we should start at King's Cross getting on the train.

Alright. I'll post in a little bit.

Charellia
Minister

Founded: Jul 24, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Charellia » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:45 am

Name: Orion Prince
Year(For a student only): 5
House(order the four houses from favorite to least favorite. I'll try to give you your first or second choice): Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, Slytherin, Gryffindor
Wand Type: Hawthorn and phoenix feather, 14 1/2 inches
Pet(Name, Type, Description): Beedle, A slightly below average size barn owl
Blood-status: Half-blood
Family: Muggle mother, wizard father, distant cousin of Severus Snape although this is not well known and he does not advertise it.
Personality: Studious and hard working, a bit of a loner but in fact friendly and cheerful when approached as long as it doesn't interfere with his work.
Appearance: Average height, black hair, shoulder length but meticulously groomed and dark blue eyes.
History: Orion Prince was born in London where he lived until the age of nine. He exhibited magical ability from an early age and his admission to Hogwarts was assumed to the pride of both his parents. When he was nine his father came had a disagreement over gold with a particularly aggressive group of goblins. The family was forced to flee their home in the dead of night and have been moving from place to place ever since. It came as a relief to Orion's parents when he went off to Hogwarts, putting him in a safe place while they attempted to resolve their issues with the goblins. Due to the instability of his parents' situation Orion had little contact with them during his early years at Hogwarts and would return to a different home every summer. Thus Hogwarts became his most stable home and even now that his parents' lives have become more stable he still feels more at home there than with them.
Interests: Reading, potions, magical history
Strengths: Very intelligent and knowledgeable on many subjects.
Weaknesses: Distinctly more adept at magical theory than its practical use.
Last edited by Charellia on Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lorellion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lorellion » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:56 am

Charellia wrote:Name: Orion Prince
Year(For a student only): 5
House(order the four houses from favorite to least favorite. I'll try to give you your first or second choice): Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, Slytherin, Gryffindor
Wand Type: Hawthorn and phoenix feather, 14 1/2 inches
Pet(Name, Type, Description): Beedle, A slightly below average size barn owl
Blood-status: Half-blood
Family: Muggle mother, wizard father, distant cousin of Severus Snape although this is not well known and he does not advertise it.
Personality: Studious and hard working, a bit of a loner but in fact friendly and cheerful when approached as long as it doesn't interfere with his work.
Appearance: Average height, black hair, shoulder length but meticulously groomed and dark blue eyes.
History: Orion Prince was born in London where he lived until the age of nine. He exhibited magical ability from an early age and his admission to Hogwarts was assumed to the pride of both his parents. When he was nine his father came had a disagreement over gold with a particularly aggressive group of goblins. The family was forced to flee their home in the dead of night and have been moving from place to place ever since. It came as a relief to Orion's parents when he went off to Hogwarts, putting him in a safe place while they attempted to resolve their issues with the goblins. Due to the instability of his parents' situation Orion had little contact with them during his early years at Hogwarts and would return to a different home every summer. Thus Hogwarts became his most stable home and even now that his parents' lives have become more stable he still feels more at home there than with them.
Interests: Reading, potions, magical history
Strengths: Very intelligent and knowledgeable on many subjects.
Weaknesses: Distinctly more adept at magical theory than its practical use.

Accepted!

If you are a professor, you are welcome to be a head of a house if would like. Also, as I will be away, when the sorting for the first years comes around, you may each portray the sorting hat when it is your character's turn to get sorted(if they are a 1st year of course). My character, Ella Fedele, will be sorted into Ravenclaw. And by the way, if you haven't read the OP, the Minister of Magic is Loxias Fedele(Ella's father) and the Headmaster is Thorfinn Elesmere.

Lightwood (Ancient)
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Lightwood (Ancient) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:57 am

yay, IC posting! may I be co-op?

Lorellion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lorellion » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:05 am

I actually already asked Avalon to be Co-OP, because we kind of talked about the story line over TG, so he knows what the plot will be like. However, I think that all of the approved members so far should have the ability to review apps and help newcomers.

Islamic Republic e Jariri
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:07 am

Is it possible for someone at the age of ten to depart home for Hogwarts to attend their First Year?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse