NATION

PASSWORD

Hogwarts: A New Era(OOC, Signups, OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Should we skip to the end of the day?

Yes
68%
No
32%

Total votes : 50

Holy Empire of Avalon
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Empire of Avalon » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:16 am

Terintania wrote:
Holy Empire of Avalon wrote:Don't worry mine is weak, shy, kind of a pushover. But I figured not a lot of wizards follow the route of their wand changing them instead of the reverse. Problem is last wand that did that was Voldermort's, and my characters is basically only good for dueling magic...
Sh*t I made Voldermort! Might need to edit that app... <.<

Maybe he can learn from Voldamort's mistakes :P

Nah, he will probably end up defending a friend from school bullies and accidentally use the killing spell on the bully. That seems to be the most likely route, thus James would fall from noble of heart to something a bit more dark.

Screw it, I am making a new character, because let's admit it, that sounds way cooler than my original intentions.
Global War on Crime
______
Operation: VENGEFUL SPIRIT
|____|
Order of the Purple Cross
______
Al-Khalifiya Campaign
_|||_|||_
Arabic Spain Remembrance
______
Aravean Liberation
______
Magian Defense
||||||||

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:17 am

Holy Empire of Avalon wrote:You're welcome, he is a pretty cool guy. Yeah you kids now probably listen to just "Dubstep" :P

Not me. Though there is some Dubstep I still listen to. Liked the genre at one point until I realized it all sounded the same...
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:17 am

Holy Empire of Avalon wrote:
Terintania wrote:Maybe he can learn from Voldamort's mistakes :P

Nah, he will probably end up defending a friend from school bullies and accidentally use the killing spell on the bully. That seems to be the most likely route, thus James would fall from noble of heart to something a bit more dark.

Screw it, I am making a new character, because let's admit it, that sounds way cooler than my original intentions.

Hah :P

How do you accidentally use one of the forbidden curses? :P
Times are looking grim these days~

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:18 am

Corrian wrote:So far I'm gonna have a super happy hyperactive 11-year old and some strange 11-year old. But I want to make a student that ISN'T a first year as well.

Make a fourth year so Tereza has some company.
Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search for our better selves?
In Egypt's sandy silence, all alone,
Stands a gigantic Leg, which far off throws
The only shadow that the Desert knows:—
"I am great OZYMANDIAS," saith the stone,
"The King of Kings; this mighty City shows
"The wonders of my hand." The City's gone,
Nought but the Leg remaining to disclose
The site of this forgotten Babylon.

We wonder, and some Hunter may express
Wonder like ours, when thro' the wilderness
Where London stood, holding the Wolf in chace,
He meets some fragment huge, and stops to guess
What powerful but unrecorded race
Once dwelt in that annihilated place.
The Nuclear Fist wrote:Transoxthraxia confirmed for shit taste

Holy Empire of Avalon
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Empire of Avalon » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:19 am

Terintania wrote:
Holy Empire of Avalon wrote:Nah, he will probably end up defending a friend from school bullies and accidentally use the killing spell on the bully. That seems to be the most likely route, thus James would fall from noble of heart to something a bit more dark.

Hah :P

Well, you extend your wand towards the person and you shout the spell such as
"Avada Kedavra!" assuming you aim good and hit them they will die, provided that there actually is not a spell able to block it.
Global War on Crime
______
|____|
______
Al-Khalifiya Campaign
_|||_|||_
Arabic Spain Remembrance
______
Aravean Liberation
______
Magian Defense
||||||||

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:20 am

Transoxthraxia wrote:
Corrian wrote:So far I'm gonna have a super happy hyperactive 11-year old and some strange 11-year old. But I want to make a student that ISN'T a first year as well.

Make a fourth year so Tereza has some company.

What house?
My Last.FM and RYM

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:21 am

Terintania wrote:Hah :P

Well, you extend your wand towards the person and you shout the spell such as
"Avada Kedavra!" assuming you aim good and hit them they will die, provided that there actually is not a spell able to block it.

But how do you accidentally shout 'Avada Kedavra!'?

Holy Empire of Avalon
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Empire of Avalon » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:23 am

Terintania wrote:
Holy Empire of Avalon wrote:Well, you extend your wand towards the person and you shout the spell such as

But how do you accidentally shout 'Avada Kedavra!'?

Well you form these sounds with your mouth
Av-ada Kaa-davra

When you say that the spell comes from your wand. Most spells are used by saying the name, though some do require other things also.
Global War on Crime
______
|____|
______
Al-Khalifiya Campaign
_|||_|||_
Arabic Spain Remembrance
______
Aravean Liberation
______
Magian Defense
||||||||

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:25 am

Terintania wrote:But how do you accidentally shout 'Avada Kedavra!'?

Well you form these sounds with your mouth
Av-ada Kaa-davra

When you say that the spell comes from your wand. Most spells are used by saying the name, though some do require other things also.

You seem to be missing the Accidentally part. I know how spells work, I just wonder how you Accidentally, meaning unintentionally, shout a spell.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:28 am

Name: Moony Sparks
Year: First
House:
Ravenclaw (Not my favorite, but what one I think Mooney would fit best in)
Gryffindor
Hufflepuff
Slytherin
Wand Type: 10 inch, Rainbow Eucalyptus wood, Unicorn hair core.
Pet(Name, Type, Description): Name: Shadowdancer. Type: Cat. Description:

Quidditch Position(Team, Position):
Blood-status: Half-blood (Muggle mother, wizard father.)
Family: Malcolm Sparks (Father), Christina Sparks (Mother), Jet Sparks (Half brother)
Personality: Sort of like a cross between Luna and Hermione. She is a bit odd, a bit different. She loves books, and will spend a good portion of her time reading.
Appearance:

History: Moony's mom married Jet's dad when he was just four, and that was when she was born. Like her brother, she was sent to Muggle schools as she grew up, but unlike him, she was bullied less because she didn't stand out as much. She spent most of her time studying and reading books, or just staring off in to space. She was sad when Jet went off to Hogwarts, but she knew that one day she would be joining him. And now that day has come.
Interests: Books, study, animals.
Strengths: Knowledgable about all types of magic (From reading, not from actually knowing the spells), self-assured.
Weaknesses: Her love for her half-brother could be considered a 'weakness' to some people. She's not very good at potions. Can be a bit oblivious to things sometimes.

Name: Jet Sparks
Year: 5
House:
Slytherin (Preferred, because I want him to be a Slytherin that's not as mean as most of the others, but he does have a sort of dark side.)
Gryffindor
Hufflepuff
Ravenclaw
Wand Type: 13 inch, Ebony wood, whomping willow ash core.
Pet(Name, Type, Description): Name: Venom. Type: Snake. Description:

Quidditch Position: If he gets accepted as in Slytherin, Slytherin seeker
Blood-status: Pure blood.
Family: Malcolm Sparks (Father), Lillian Ray-Sparks (Mother-Devorced from family), Christina Sparks(Step-mother), Moony Sparks (Half-sister).
Personality: Jet is very protective of his friends, and particularly his sister. He is a loyal friend, and has a fierce temper. He's also a bit mischievous, and likes getting up to no good. As well as that, he can be a bit reckless. He also has no tolerance for bullies. But he does have a dark side that he is currently unaware of.
Appearance:

History: Jet has always been different, and not just because of being a pure-blood wizard. He was born with white hair and red eyes. This caused him some problems with bullies at school. Despite being a pure-blood, his parents sent him to muggle schools, so that he could learn about muggles even before going to wizard school. And so, he got bullied a lot for being different. After a while, though, the bullies learned to leave him alone, because he learned to stand up for himself, and those around him, and he was a force to be reckoned with when he did, even without magic. When he was 3, his mom and dad got devorced, which he was fine with because he mom was kind of a jerk, and not long later, his father re-married, and he had a little sister. He got his Hogwarts letter at the age of 11, and excitedly went off to school, though he was sad to leave his younger sister. Now, a few years later, he's known to defend the bullied, and stand up for what he believes, against teachers and students alike. He's excited about his new year, and excited that his sister will be joining him.
Interests: Quidditch, 'mythical' animals, Dragons, reptiles.
Strengths: Works well with reptilian animals, is confident and strong (As in mentally), doesn't let anyone lower his confidence.(Such as bullies who pick on him for his white hair and red eyes.)
Weaknesses:Can have a sharp temper that gets him in to unnecessary fights, doesn't know when to back down or retreat. Not sure it's really a 'weakness', but he is willing to die to protect his friends or family.

Holy Empire of Avalon
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Empire of Avalon » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:32 am

Terintania wrote:
Holy Empire of Avalon wrote:Well you form these sounds with your mouth
Av-ada Kaa-davra

You seem to be missing the Accidentally part. I know how spells work, I just wonder how you Accidentally, meaning unintentionally, shout a spell.

Oh, sorry, well his wand has a Threstral core. The first wand to cast the Killing Curse if I certain was the Elder Wand, a wand made with a Thestral core. Thestrals are part of a world between the living and dead. James wand is made of bone and that core, when truly angry I am sure the words could slip out of his mouth without knowing. First as a though, second as spoken word. Given that the wand he stole from his father was made for the purpose of killing this would only add to the temptation James would have to use it on say a bully. Basically it would be like a voice whispering it into his ear and corrupting his thoughts until he actually did do it. Just a thought though, that is definitely not concrete.
Global War on Crime
______
|____|
______
Al-Khalifiya Campaign
_|||_|||_
Arabic Spain Remembrance
______
Aravean Liberation
______
Magian Defense
||||||||

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:34 am

Terintania wrote:You seem to be missing the Accidentally part. I know how spells work, I just wonder how you Accidentally, meaning unintentionally, shout a spell.

Oh, sorry, well his wand has a Threstral core. The first wand to cast the Killing Curse if I certain was the Elder Wand, a wand made with a Thestral core. Thestrals are part of a world between the living and dead. James wand is made of bone and that core, when truly angry I am sure the words could slip out of his mouth without knowing. First as a though, second as spoken word. Given that the wand he stole from his father was made for the purpose of killing this would only add to the temptation James would have to use it on say a bully. Basically it would be like a voice whispering it into his ear and corrupting his thoughts until he actually did do it. Just a thought though, that is definitely not concrete.

He better leave the bullies to Jet, then :P

Holy Empire of Avalon
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Empire of Avalon » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:39 am

Terintania wrote:
Holy Empire of Avalon wrote:Oh, sorry, well his wand has a Threstral core. The first wand to cast the Killing Curse if I certain was the Elder Wand, a wand made with a Thestral core. Thestrals are part of a world between the living and dead. James wand is made of bone and that core, when truly angry I am sure the words could slip out of his mouth without knowing. First as a though, second as spoken word. Given that the wand he stole from his father was made for the purpose of killing this would only add to the temptation James would have to use it on say a bully. Basically it would be like a voice whispering it into his ear and corrupting his thoughts until he actually did do it. Just a thought though, that is definitely not concrete.

He better leave the bullies to Jet, then :P

Jet could prove a friend for James though (I don't know if the houses are done yet but there is a fifty fifty shot that James is between Slytherin and Gryffindor, he fits both houses too well as at heart he is a good kid, but so much could go wrong there.) even if they aren't in the same house that could be humorous if he met Jet first and then met Moony

"Hey, Jet, I just met the cutest girl today!"
"Really, what's her name?"
"Moony I think, sharp as a tack, even if she does zone out in though at times."
-awkward stares as James realizes they are both Sparks-

Before you ask, yes that is truly the worst bro moment in history, finding out your bestfriend has a crush on your sister. I mean ya can't be mad at him, but at the same time you have to protect your sister- 'tis trouble, the feelings of love. Funny as Hell, but still troubling. XD
Global War on Crime
______
|____|
______
Al-Khalifiya Campaign
_|||_|||_
Arabic Spain Remembrance
______
Aravean Liberation
______
Magian Defense
||||||||

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:42 am

Terintania wrote:He better leave the bullies to Jet, then :P

Jet could prove a friend for James though (I don't know if the houses are done yet but there is a fifty fifty shot that James is between Slytherin and Gryffindor, he fits both houses too well as at heart he is a good kid, but so much could go wrong there.) even if they aren't in the same house that could be humorous if he met Jet first and then met Moony

Before you ask, yes that is truly the worst bro moment in history, finding out your bestfriend has a crush on your sister. I mean ya can't be mad at him, but at the same time you have to protect your sister- 'tis trouble, the feelings of love. Funny as Hell, but still troubling. XD

Hah. That totally needs to happen now :P

How old is James? Is he a first year?

And they can be friends without being in the same house.

Holy Empire of Avalon
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Empire of Avalon » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:43 am

Terintania wrote:
Holy Empire of Avalon wrote:Jet could prove a friend for James though (I don't know if the houses are done yet but there is a fifty fifty shot that James is between Slytherin and Gryffindor, he fits both houses too well as at heart he is a good kid, but so much could go wrong there.) even if they aren't in the same house that could be humorous if he met Jet first and then met Moony

Hah. That totally needs to happen now :P

Yeah, first year. I know, just would be harder for them to meet.
Global War on Crime
______
|____|
______
Al-Khalifiya Campaign
_|||_|||_
Arabic Spain Remembrance
______
Aravean Liberation
______
Magian Defense
||||||||

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:45 am

Terintania wrote:Hah. That totally needs to happen now :P

Yeah, first year. I know, just would be harder for them to meet.

They could meet in class, or just like, run into each other or something :P

Holy Empire of Avalon
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Empire of Avalon » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:51 am

Terintania wrote:
Holy Empire of Avalon wrote:Yeah, first year. I know, just would be harder for them to meet.

They could meet in class, or just like, run into each other or something :P

Yes, but they would have to bump into each other often as James is shy remember? So it would be pretty hard for him to become friends after just meeting a person once.
Global War on Crime
______
|____|
______
Al-Khalifiya Campaign
_|||_|||_
Arabic Spain Remembrance
______
Aravean Liberation
______
Magian Defense
||||||||

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:52 am

Terintania wrote:They could meet in class, or just like, run into each other or something :P

Yes, but they would have to bump into each other often as James is shy remember? So it would be pretty hard for him to become friends after just meeting a person once.

That's true. I mean, Jet might be the type that, if he decided he liked James, would invite him to hang out with him after just one meeting, but that doesn't mean James would accept.

Kinda surprised your character isn't named Robert :P

Holy Empire of Avalon
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Empire of Avalon » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:56 am

Terintania wrote:
Holy Empire of Avalon wrote:Yes, but they would have to bump into each other often as James is shy remember? So it would be pretty hard for him to become friends after just meeting a person once.

That's true. I mean, Jet might be the type that, if he decided he liked James, would invite him to hang out with him after just one meeting, but that doesn't mean James would accept.

It was between Arthur, Robert, Lazarus, and James. I chose James because of a story I wrote long ago detailing a boy a lot like this character, only difference was he had Voldermort's wand, where as this one has something far more dangerous. I mean Voldermort's wand is like a bullet compared the this nuke. Rather good thing James is not evil, and sucks at using magic, but still I am going to have him be terrible in class (which quite possibly could have him meet Moony) because his wand refuses to do non lethal magic. Might even have him be forced to go to Olivanders and get a wand assigned to him being as he never did that. Could be a fun little side story.
*Ooooo and due to his usage of a wand that was basically on the border between life and death he could even have to have a yew wand since they are said to have power over life or death, what core he would get could be interesting.
Last edited by Holy Empire of Avalon on Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Global War on Crime
______
|____|
______
Al-Khalifiya Campaign
_|||_|||_
Arabic Spain Remembrance
______
Aravean Liberation
______
Magian Defense
||||||||

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:00 am

Terintania wrote:That's true. I mean, Jet might be the type that, if he decided he liked James, would invite him to hang out with him after just one meeting, but that doesn't mean James would accept.

It was between Arthur, Robert, Lazarus, and James. I chose James because of a story I wrote long ago detailing a boy a lot like this character, only difference was he had Voldermort's wand, where as this one has something far more dangerous. I mean Voldermort's wand is like a bullet compared the this nuke. Rather good thing James is not evil, and sucks at using magic, but still I am going to have him be terrible in class (which quite possibly could have him meet Moony) because his wand refuses to do non lethal magic. Might even have him be forced to go to Olivanders and get a wand assigned to him being as he never did that. Could be a fun little side story.
*Ooooo and due to his usage of a wand that was basically on the border between life and death he could even have to have a yew wand since they are said to have power over life or death, what core he would get could be interesting.

I didn't know you could really get a wand without it choosing you. I mean, you can use someone else's, but, yeah, that as far as I'm aware doesn't work too well.

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:02 am

Is anybody interested in meeting Pandora in the story? She has a phoenix feather core wand and those are the hardest to train, she's had it for five years so it's mostly loyal but still likes to backfire.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

Holy Empire of Avalon
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Empire of Avalon » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:04 am

Terintania wrote:
Holy Empire of Avalon wrote:It was between Arthur, Robert, Lazarus, and James. I chose James because of a story I wrote long ago detailing a boy a lot like this character, only difference was he had Voldermort's wand, where as this one has something far more dangerous. I mean Voldermort's wand is like a bullet compared the this nuke. Rather good thing James is not evil, and sucks at using magic, but still I am going to have him be terrible in class (which quite possibly could have him meet Moony) because his wand refuses to do non lethal magic. Might even have him be forced to go to Olivanders and get a wand assigned to him being as he never did that. Could be a fun little side story.

I didn't know you could really get a wand without it choosing you. I mean, you can use someone else's, but, yeah, that as far as I'm aware doesn't work too well.

He stole it from his father, the bone that makes up the wand is actually His Mother's Femur Bone that is why it responds to him amazingly as it would no other, but of course him and his father. I thoguth it would provide a rather unique story to have to explain to his friend's at some point.
Global War on Crime
______
|____|
______
Al-Khalifiya Campaign
_|||_|||_
Arabic Spain Remembrance
______
Aravean Liberation
______
Magian Defense
||||||||

Holy Empire of Avalon
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Empire of Avalon » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:05 am

Nuridia wrote:Is anybody interested in meeting Pandora in the story? She has a phoenix feather core wand and those are the hardest to train, she's had it for five years so it's mostly loyal but still likes to backfire.

Sounds like a good friend, I wasn't here when her app went up, sorry
Global War on Crime
______
|____|
______
Al-Khalifiya Campaign
_|||_|||_
Arabic Spain Remembrance
______
Aravean Liberation
______
Magian Defense
||||||||

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:06 am

Nuridia wrote:Is anybody interested in meeting Pandora in the story? She has a phoenix feather core wand and those are the hardest to train, she's had it for five years so it's mostly loyal but still likes to backfire.

I just kinda figure my characters will meet whoever they end up running across in the RP first.
My Last.FM and RYM

Holy Empire of Avalon
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Empire of Avalon » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:06 am

Playing Pottermore- sorry trying to choose a darn pet >.<
Global War on Crime
______
|____|