NATION

PASSWORD

Should the United States Annex Mexico?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

YES!
22%
No.
16%
Hell no!
60%
Undecided.
1%

Total votes : 276

The Fascist American Empire
Minister

Founded: Oct 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Fascist American Empire » Sun May 04, 2014 8:05 am

Canton Empire wrote:I think we should lead "drug busts" on illegals as in find them and deport them. let no one immigrate if their home country always turns up immigrates(you know what im talking about). we should also threaten mexico with a declaration of war. and then if illegals continue to come we take over mexico, thus ending illegal immigration(well a big chunk)

So this is what I've gotten from this, it is kind of hard to understand with the horrific grammar:

"We should threaten Mexico with war if they don't get their people in line and if immigration continues then we should invade and annex Mexico. Immigration problem solved."

Personally, I don't have a problem with immigrants, speak English and obey the law and you can stay, but I do see the advantages to this. It would be mutually beneficial as for the following reasons.
1. Illegal immigration will largely end (obviously).
2. Mexico's government is but a puppet of the drug cartels, who are constantly killing each other (who wouldn't emigrate away from that?). Thus, American annexation could help topple the drug czars.
3. Mexico and Peru are the world's largest producers of silver. Thus, a Mexican Annexation could easily bolster the economy.
4. If we legalize the drug trade and keep it under government control (no way I'd trust the private sector with this), then it would also boost the economy and completely destroy the economic empires of the cartels.
5. Perhaps we would be less concerned about Mexicans "taking our jobs" (jobs that nobody wants btw) if they are all U.S. citizens.
6. Mexico is in the midst of political and economic chaos, even more so than America, so if we just go in there and make Mexico a bunch of U.S. territories, then later states, we could fix their problems. Right? We did it with Iraq and sort of with Afghanistan.

And there are more, but I can't think of them off the top of my head right at the moment. So, Should the United States invade our neighbor to the South? If so, why? If not, why?

Americans, hands off Ukraine and let Russia do what they will in their own sphere of influence! You are not the world's police!
You obviously do since you posted a response like the shifty little red velvet pseudo ant you are. Yes I am onto your little tricks you hissing pest you exoskeleton brier patch you. Now crawl back in to that patch of grass you call hell and hiss some more. -Benuty
[quote="Arkandros";p="20014230"]

RIP Eli Waller
Race! It is a feeling, not a reality: ninety-five percent, at least, is a feeling. Nothing will ever make me believe that biologically pure races can be shown to exist today. -Benito Mussolini

Darwinish Brentsylvania
Senator

Founded: Aug 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Darwinish Brentsylvania » Sun May 04, 2014 8:07 am

No.

Ecans
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 04, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ecans » Sun May 04, 2014 8:07 am

Only if the US is looking for another war.
We are a liberal Democracy with many vocal, sometimes disruptive and often smelly opposition groups. These are tolerated with amused smiles and the occasional application of a well-placed baton.

Estado Paulista
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Estado Paulista » Sun May 04, 2014 8:09 am

No. Mexico should annex the United States and Canada.
Your nation is like a son. What it does right is your merit, as well as what it does wrong is your fault. When you praise it, be lucid and avoid exaggeration. Praising it too much can make it indolent. On the other hand, when you criticize it, be harsh, but do not ridicule it. Do your best to improve it, not through derision or disdain, but through good examples and dedication.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 18, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Sun May 04, 2014 8:09 am

No we shouldn't for far more reasons than some people think we should. Firstly all of Mexico's trouble with drug cartels would become our problems (it could be argued that those problems exist because of the USA), all their economic woes would become our economic woes, cultural problems, international issues, and plenty dozens more reasons why not.
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

Darwinish Brentsylvania
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Darwinish Brentsylvania » Sun May 04, 2014 8:12 am

Estado Paulista wrote:No. Mexico should annex the United States and Canada.

No. All three stay independent.
Last edited by Darwinish Brentsylvania on Sun May 04, 2014 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Canton Empire
Senator

Founded: Mar 24, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Canton Empire » Sun May 04, 2014 8:14 am

The Fascist American Empire wrote:
Canton Empire wrote:I think we should lead "drug busts" on illegals as in find them and deport them. let no one immigrate if their home country always turns up immigrates(you know what im talking about). we should also threaten mexico with a declaration of war. and then if illegals continue to come we take over mexico, thus ending illegal immigration(well a big chunk)

So this is what I've gotten from this, it is kind of hard to understand with the horrific grammar:

"We should threaten Mexico with war if they don't get their people in line and if immigration continues then we should invade and annex Mexico. Immigration problem solved."

Personally, I don't have a problem with immigrants, speak English and obey the law and you can stay, but I do see the advantages to this. It would be mutually beneficial as for the following reasons.
2. Mexico's government is but a puppet of the drug cartels, who are constantly killing each other (who wouldn't emigrate away from that?). Thus, American annexation could help topple the drug czars.
3. Mexico and Peru are the world's largest producers of silver. Thus, a Mexican Annexation could easily bolster the economy.
4. If we legalize the drug trade and keep it under government control (no way I'd trust the private sector with this), then it would also boost the economy and completely destroy the economic empires of the cartels.
5. Perhaps we would be less concerned about Mexicans "taking our jobs" (jobs that nobody wants btw) if they are all U.S. citizens.
6. Mexico is in the midst of political and economic chaos, even more so than America, so if we just go in there and make Mexico a bunch of U.S. territories, then later states, we could fix their problems. Right? We did it with Iraq and sort of with Afghanistan.

And there are more, but I can't think of them off the top of my head right at the moment. So, Should the United States invade our neighbor to the South? If so, why? If not, why?

The grammer is bad because im typing fast on my phone so.....
Also your number one point on taking mexico is what i said in my post that you quoted
President of the Republic of Saint Osmund
Offically Called a Silly boy by the real Donald Johnson

The Great Warrior Rivers
Minister

Founded: Jun 10, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Great Warrior Rivers » Sun May 04, 2014 8:14 am

Is this even an actual question? Even if we did want to, the international community would disown us. And, we don't. It would cause more problems than it would solve.

1. Illegal immigration would not end. People would be jumping from both Canada and Central America.
2. The Czars would have an easier time distributing drugs because then there won't be a heavily guarded line between Mexico and the largest consumer of all, the United States.
3. Inflation, Inflation, Inflation! If you thought it was bad already, you haven't seen the beginning of it.
4. Brain drain. Not a lot of corporate CEO's come from pot-smoking, injecting junkies who live on the streets. It would be the American Dream however.
5. Mexicans are not stealing our jobs. Just our tax money.
6. So, was annexing Crimea a good thing with Russia, because that is what you are suggesting here. Riots will be everywhere. Trying to destabilize North America with it's peaceful relations is not a good thing to try to go out and accomplish.

**EDIT** Not to mention another war, which Americans do NOT want right now. It would be Vietnam in the 21st century.
Last edited by The Great Warrior Rivers on Sun May 04, 2014 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Owner and Founder of the NationStates/Paradox Community (NSPXC) on Steam! Check it out!

Empire of Vlissingen
Minister

Founded: Jul 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of Vlissingen » Sun May 04, 2014 8:15 am

How about giving aid to Mexico so it will become a better place?
So that in the long term less immigrants would come.
I live in The Netherlands.
Economic Left/Right: 4.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.31

Terra Sector Union
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Terra Sector Union » Sun May 04, 2014 8:17 am

Wouldn't be good for America's reputation. The UN will cry imperialism if that ever happens.
For so long, Mankind has been plagued by division. Division by culture, creed, skin color, religion and nationality. These very divisions have been the cause of most human conflicts. But in the age of globalism, we can finally have that chance to implement a world government where all human beings are seen as equals. Isn't that what everyone wants? World peace? I do. You should support that too. It may not end all conflicts, but the reductions of Man on Man violence will be at an all time low when the entire planet gets administered by one governing body.

Strobe Talbot. wrote:n the next century (now), nations as we know it will be obsolete; all states will recognize a single global authority and realize national sovereignty wasn’t such a great deal after all.

Estado Paulista
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Estado Paulista » Sun May 04, 2014 8:18 am

SaintB wrote:(it could be argued that those problems exist because of the USA)

No, it couldn't be argued. That is the reason why these problems exist. The US is the world's largest consumer of drugs, their demand for drugs is enormous.

Mexico's problem with drug cartels were relatively small until the 80's, but then the Colombian government strated cracking down really hard on the FARC/Drug Cartels, and as the Colombian cartels died, the Mexican ones became extremely powerful. Couple that with the fact that Mexico is right next door to the United States.

They hold some sort of monopoly over the marijuana market in the US and are really powerful on the heroin and cocaine markets as well.
Your nation is like a son. What it does right is your merit, as well as what it does wrong is your fault. When you praise it, be lucid and avoid exaggeration. Praising it too much can make it indolent. On the other hand, when you criticize it, be harsh, but do not ridicule it. Do your best to improve it, not through derision or disdain, but through good examples and dedication.

Darwinish Brentsylvania
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Darwinish Brentsylvania » Sun May 04, 2014 8:19 am

Empire of Vlissingen wrote:How about giving aid to Mexico so it will become a better place?

Maybe.

Pretty Awesome Persons
Minister

Founded: May 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Pretty Awesome Persons » Sun May 04, 2014 8:20 am

I seriously don't know if this thread is supposed to be sarcastic or not.
DEFCON 1 2 3 4 [5] Nothing going on here...
It's currently 2056 in Pretty Awesome Persons
Denomynm: Awesomite

Cup of Harmony 47 Champions

Economic Left/Right: 1.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.15

volim partizan crno bele boje

Ecans
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 04, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ecans » Sun May 04, 2014 8:22 am

The Great Warrior Rivers wrote:

Is this even an actual question? Even if we did want to, the international community would disown us. And, we don't. It would cause more problems than it would solve.

1. Illegal immigration would not end. People would be jumping from both Canada and Central America.
2. The Czars would have an easier time distributing drugs because then there won't be a heavily guarded line between Mexico and the largest consumer of all, the United States.
3. Inflation, Inflation, Inflation! If you thought it was bad already, you haven't seen the beginning of it.
4. Brain drain. Not a lot of corporate CEO's come from pot-smoking, injecting junkies who live on the streets. It would be the American Dream however.
5. Mexicans are not stealing our jobs. Just our tax money.
6. So, was annexing Crimea a good thing with Russia, because that is what you are suggesting here. Riots will be everywhere. Trying to destabilize North America with it's peaceful relations is not a good thing to try to go out and accomplish.

**EDIT** Not to mention another war, which Americans do NOT want right now. It would be Vietnam in the 21st century.

Seriously doubt that you'd find many coming in from Canada. We kinda like our country and have a tendency to stay home and let the US go it's own merry way.
We are a liberal Democracy with many vocal, sometimes disruptive and often smelly opposition groups. These are tolerated with amused smiles and the occasional application of a well-placed baton.

Estado Paulista
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Estado Paulista » Sun May 04, 2014 8:22 am

Empire of Vlissingen wrote:How about giving aid to Mexico so it will become a better place?

Quality of life has increased dramatically in Mexico since the last decade. They don't feel like they need to immigrate in order to have a better life anymore. Nowadays, most of the "border jumpers" come from Central America.

Kazark
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kazark » Sun May 04, 2014 8:22 am

Why the hell should we annex Mexico? We've pretty much Screwed up the Middle East. Why Screw up North America?
GENERATION 69: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. (Social experiment)

The Fascist American Empire
Minister

Founded: Oct 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Fascist American Empire » Sun May 04, 2014 8:23 am

Canton Empire wrote:

The grammer is bad because im typing fast on my phone so.....
Also your number one point on taking mexico is what i said in my post that you quoted

It's ok. And I just wanted to make sure everybody got that point across.

Americans, hands off Ukraine and let Russia do what they will in their own sphere of influence! You are not the world's police!
You obviously do since you posted a response like the shifty little red velvet pseudo ant you are. Yes I am onto your little tricks you hissing pest you exoskeleton brier patch you. Now crawl back in to that patch of grass you call hell and hiss some more. -Benuty
[quote="Arkandros";p="20014230"]

RIP Eli Waller
Race! It is a feeling, not a reality: ninety-five percent, at least, is a feeling. Nothing will ever make me believe that biologically pure races can be shown to exist today. -Benito Mussolini

Estado Paulista
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Estado Paulista » Sun May 04, 2014 8:23 am

Anyways, this thread is another example of the greatness of the Hammetist Thought.

The Sotoan Union
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sotoan Union » Sun May 04, 2014 8:23 am

That's a lot of welfare.

Densaner
Minister

Founded: Jul 19, 2005
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Densaner » Sun May 04, 2014 8:26 am

No. They already took a big chunk of it in the 1840's.

Herrebrugh
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Herrebrugh » Sun May 04, 2014 8:26 am

No. Netherland should annex the United States.
Uyt naem Zijner Majeſteyt Jozef III, bij de gratie Godts, Koningh der Herrebrugheylanden, Prins van Rheda, Heer van Jozefslandt, enz. enz. enz.
Im Namen Seiner Majeſtät Joſeph III., von Gottes Gnaden König der Herrenbrückinſeln, Prinz von Rheda, Herr von Josephsland etc. etc. etc.

The Factbook of the Kingdom of the Herrebrugh Islands
Where the Website-Style Factbook Originated!

Lerodan Chinamerica
Minister

Founded: Dec 31, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lerodan Chinamerica » Sun May 04, 2014 8:27 am

No. Instead, the North America countries should strengthen their alliances and pass open borders treaties.

The Sotoan Union
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sotoan Union » Sun May 04, 2014 8:28 am

Herrebrugh wrote:No. Netherland should annex the United States.

Why, so Britain can take it without a fight?

Paketo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Paketo » Sun May 04, 2014 8:28 am

No, they should form the NAC (north American Confederation) with US, Mexico, and Canada.
I'm a Pinarchist, sue me North Carolina is best Carolina States rights is best rights
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
Paketo wrote:
Oh god, the universe will explode, everyone to your bunkers

Yep, this is the type of "discussion" we have over here. Serious people beware, this place is filled with these things.

Empire of Vlissingen
Minister

Founded: Jul 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of Vlissingen » Sun May 04, 2014 8:28 am

Lerodan Chinamerica wrote:No. Instead, the North America countries should strengthen their alliances and pass open borders treaties.

You want them become like an American EU?
I live in The Netherlands.
Economic Left/Right: 4.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.31

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General