NATION

PASSWORD

World Cup 68 RP Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

West Angola
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 15, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby West Angola » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:49 pm

Independence Square, Cabinda, Freedom Day Parade
The festivities leading up to Freedom Day had lasted for the entire week, culminating in a massive parade through the capital to the government building in Independence Square, and this year’s event was even larger than the last one. Over four thousand Cabindans from all over the small nation had migrated to the capital city to participate, making the parade even larger than the ones which had formed to celebrate West Angola’s first World Cup qualification nineteen years ago. At the head of the parade in a quasi-open vehicle (protected by a screen of thick bulletproof glass) Michael Raven and his senior officials waved to the adoring crowds and led the snaking throng through the city. Seated next to Raven was his Foreign Minister, Raymond Hollis, and scattered through the crowd were members of Lieutenant Nichols’ strike team waiting for his signal.

Hollis tried to hide his nervousness as he glanced over at the President just a few inches away. The agreement he’d made with Nichols called for them to wait for his signal before taking Raven down, but if Nichols decided to strike now and remove them both, there was little he could do to stop him. With him dead, the cabinet would fall into infighting and chaos as the lack of a true successor to Raven and himself prompted them all to try to seize power. Nichols’ would undoubtedly prefer that result, and had likely been given orders to guarantee such, but Hollis Hollis was counting on Nichols not wanting to waste the opportunity he’d given him to get rid of Raven and avoid being captured afterwards. Essentially, he was playing off of Nichols’ desire for self-preservation rather than taking the easy way out. Once he was safely inside the government building and Raven was exposed out on his balcony with only his guards to protect him, Hollis would be insulated from the collateral damage of the assassination, and would be able to take power quickly and effectively, preventing the chaos that he saw approaching. Hollis didn’t see himself as a bad man, only as an ambitious man, and despite his friendship with Raven, his desire for power was greater.

Watching Hollis try to hide even the hint of his nervousness, Nichols smiled and said softly to himself, “He knows I can end his life right now and accomplish every goal I have for this mission. The fool gave me all the cards and he’s only just now realizing it.” He didn’t intend to kill Hollis yet, but he still enjoyed watching the traitor squirm. After Hollis had left to return to Cabinda, he and his XO, Sergeant Kevin Dorne, had hatched a plan to reveal the Foreign Minister’s involvement in the plot. After the assassination had been carried out, one of the strike team members, Private Christopher Alexi, would surrender to the Cabindan authorities, and under interrogation he would reveal to them Hollis’ complicity. Once he had implicated the Minister, he would activate the subcutaneous tracking device implanted in his arm, allowing Nichols and the surviving members of the team to stage a rescue operation and escape back to West Angola with the operational integrity intact. Extra care would have to be taken to ensure that Alexi didn’t reveal their allegiance or their ties to Namibe, but if they got away after spilling the beans on Hollis then the escape would only raise the suspicion of the Foreign Minister.

As the cheering continued, the government motorcade reached the government building, and, surrounded by his guards, the President got out accompanied by his senior officials. Hollis breathed a sigh of relief as they made it through the door way and into the relative safety of the building. Nichols had decided to follow the plan, and now he was safe from whatever attack the Lieutenant had planned. With a start, he realized Raven was speaking to him, “I’m sorry, Michael, what did you say?”

“I said we’ve certainly come a long way since our headquarters in your basement, Ray.”

Hollis forced a smile, “We sure have. Sometimes I wasn’t sure we’d get this far.”

Raven clapped him on the shoulder as they headed up the stairs, “You’re one of the main reasons we did. I and everyone else in this country owe you our freedom, and I’ll never forget that.”

Hollis’ smile was becoming harder to maintain, Dammit Michael, why’d you have to pick this moment to get maudlin with me? You’re just determined to make this difficult.

When the group reached the second floor, Hollis hung back with the other members of the cabinet as Raven stepped forward to the adoring cheers of the crowd and nervously clasped his hands in front of him in anticipation, also the signal to Nichols to execute the President. This is it. Just a few more seconds…

Down in the square, Nichols saw Hollis clasp his hands in front of him and tapped his earpiece. “Greg,” he said, addressing the team’s sniper concealed in a blind across the square from the balcony, “take him out.” Barely audible above the noise of the crowd, a gunshot rang out and the President fell backwards, blood trailing from a hole between his eyes. Nichols saw Alexi raise the dummy pistol he’d smuggled into the square, making it appear as though he had fired the shot, and shouted at him, “Look! There! That man shot the President!” As the crowd rushed away and police rushed towards him, Alexi dropped the gun and raised his hands in surrender. Nichols, confident that all was going according to plan, was about to turn away when he saw one of the policemen place his gun on Alexi’s forehead and shoot him. Surprise and alarm frozen on his face, the young Private crumpled to the ground. With Alexi dead, there was no way to reveal Hollis’ place in the attack, which meant that the Foreign Minister would likely be able to take power with very little unrest, something that Nichols couldn’t allow to happen. He quickly activated his earpiece again, this time addressing his XO, “Dorne, Alexi’s down and someone’s got to spill the beans. Don’t wait up on me.” Whatever reply the Sergeant might have made was lost as Nichols plucked out the earpiece and crushed it under his shoe, then rushed towards the gathering ring of policemen.

David Blake, the Chief of the Cabindan Police Department, was in the middle of screaming at his subordinate for killing the assassin when a civilian broke through the cordon. Cursing the incompetence of his mostly-green force, Blake drew his sidearm and brandished it at the newcomer, “Stop there or you’re dead.”

The man skidded to a halt, his eyes traveling between the gun and the body of the assassin several times before speaking. “I am this man’s co-conspirator. I surrender.”

Blake was caught off-guard, “You what?”

“I surrender. You have me surrounded and my partner is dead, and I have no wish to follow him into death.”

Recovering from his surprise, Blake motioned for his men to restrain their captive, “You may not get that wish when this is all said and done, and if you want to avoid it you will tell us everything. Do you understand?”

The man nodded, and Blake gestured to his officers, “Take the bastard away.”
Economic Left/Right: -4.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.95
Fourth Place: Cup of Harmony 59; Runner-Up: Cup of Harmony 55; Champion: Cup of Harmony 57

Armakistan
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Armakistan » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:59 pm

'What do you mean we lost?' he screamed 'We have to win these games to qualify.' he paced down the side of the table which stretched along the length of the room they currently stood in. 'We were meant to win. I told them, I mean did they purposely cheat us or were our team playing with blindfolds?' It was a rhetorical question but he paused to see what the little man, who was shaking with fear, was about say.

'Sir, they are a very good team, 20th in the world, they could win without trying, and there team didn't know. It was only the referee.' He almost fainted while delivering the sentence.

Thud! A fist was slammed on the table. The little man let out a quiet squeal of fear but loud enough for the other man to hear. A wry smile crept across his face. He clearly had the upper hand.

'These deals shouldn't be necessary. We should have the funding to make the best team in the world, I'll make sure of it once I'm charge. Now make sure they play with some passion on the pitch and make sure we WIN THE F*CKING GAMES!!!' The scream echoed around the room until silence fell.

'Y-y-y-yes, y-yes Sir, of of c-course' The little man turned to leave quickly knocking himself into the wall in his rush.

The man in charge waited until the room had closed before he cursed again. He was not happy. He needed Armakistan to qualify for the playoffs and even better he wanted them to get to the World Cup. If he could get on this Seeding Committee he could use this position to win the Armakistan FA elections and then he could singlehandedly turn Armakistan into the next Polar Islandstates. Yes Victor Priestly would have control soon enough. If only the blasted referees would take his bribes and players would actually win enough games. They were close but with 2 games to go they could screw up all his plans.
Disclaimer: Armakistan is country that does not reflect my true political views. It is intended to poke fun at extreme nations and to help produce some interesting RP ideas. Any questions please don't hesitate to drop me a TG.
Armakistan
City of Evezny - Tryganizstan ('Peacekeeping')
1-2-3-4-5 || Increased threat of terror attacks in Evezny
Region: Esportiva
#RIPPhilHughes

Antoletia
Envoy

Founded: Nov 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Antoletia » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:59 pm

Fire Ants Pull into Top Three

Only two games ago everything looked bleak. The Ants were down and out with things going into big matchups with Estope and Falcus. Now two games later the Fire Ants have managed to pull themselves back into the race in group 24. Not only pulling from many points back and made it to 3rd place a single point ahead of Falcus, who they beat 3-1, after a defeat of 2nd place Estope, 2-1. Now the Fire Ants have to manage to get more points from the final two games against Jeckland, who managed points against the Fire Ants in the first game, and against lowly Scorpio. 6 points is necessary to assure a spot in the next round, but four points would probably get the job done, and 3 could help. Best case scenario is someone takes down Estope and the Ants win twice and pad some goals in to finish 2nd in the race.
World Cup Qualifications - World Cup 58, World Cup 66, World Cup 67, World Cup 69 (Quarter-Finals)

Boring Paradise
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 01, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Boring Paradise » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:09 pm

Group 8

Farfadillis (#9)
Boring Paradise (#40)
Cosumar (#70)
Sameba (#111)
Catholican Catholica (#153)
Usjekhipstahf (#238)
Alsacie (#316)
The Andromeda Islands (#UR)

MD1: 9-2 Alsacie (H)
MD2: 2-4 Farfadillis (A)
MD3: 2-0 The Andromeda Islands (H)
MD4: 4-4 Cosumar (H)
MD5: 2-3 Sameba (A)
MD6: 0-0 Catholican Catholica (H)
MD7: 3-1 Usjekhipstahf (A)
MID-QUAL
MD8: 2-0 Alsacie (A)
MD9: 1-2 Farfadillis (H)
MD10: 5-1 The Andromeda Islands (A)
MD11: 6-3 Cosumar (A)
MD12: 0-0 Sameba (H)
MD13: vs Catholican Catholica (A)
MD14: vs Usjekhipstahf (H)

Chapter 13

World Cup 68|MD 5-12 Highlights

Sorry for the long wait but then I had other stuff to do in the meantime, so the consequence of that was that now I got 8 matches to report instead of the planned 2 that I was going to do before the Usjekhipstahf match. So here goes the "highlights" of "all" the matches.

Matchday 5: Sameba @Aspel Dellaro
Don't want to recall this but we lost 3-2. Armours scored both of the Paradisians goal, while Osama Homewood conceded 3 goals. The Logic is in it.

Matchday 6: Catholican Catholica @Paradisian North Park
Can't say anything. One of the most dullest matches I have seen. I even see the countryside babies to better football than the one that we watched.

Matchday 7: Usjekhipstahf @Tokyo Stadium
We won 3-1, that is all you need to know. Armours scored 1 while Samual Wong scored the other two.

Matchday 8: Alsacie @Alsacie
Nah, not as good as the opening game on Matchday 1. We still won 2-0, with Williams scoring the goals

Matchday 9: Farfadillis @Paradisian North Park
Not these guys again. Last time we face them was in AO, and we lost 4-2, which had torn out our pride from the 9-2 role over against Alsacie.But they were the first seeds so there was no wonder why but most people would liked a draw to have overcame it. But Farfadillis's players were all try-hards. This time we definitely wanted Boring Paradise to maintain a draw or even a win to say that The Paradisians aren't afraid of opposition, but that didn't happen either.

After 20 minutes of the match went by and Risko Kâí received the ball from Mêndêlöíndçêl. But then Samuel Wong, showing off his skills and took the ball off Risko, this had caused a "fatal" counter-attack. Wong passed it to Armours, who then dribbled passed Fakkotti and went on to cross. Then the Raiyaan Malik Jr managed to head the ball to the left post, with Lisdiren unable to do much due to the precision, it went. The fans were shocked to see the youngster back in action, but the fans must have been wondering how on earth did he get onto the pitch without anyone realizing. This had stumped the Paradisian Fans. But that couldn't stop the fans from cheering on the young legend. No further actions were taken on the young legend.

Then two goals went in during the remainder of the match and we lost 2-1. The Young Legend returned to his home, full of joy, after a making the fans roar with thunder.

Matchday 10: The Andromeda Islands @The Andromeda Islands
Well, I guess I can put some detail into this. With a struggling season already foreshadowed. We came to The Andromeda Islands to redeem our chances to get into the playoffs or higher. This match was really just a break day for the bug two matches with us just played against Farfadillis and then for Cosumar after this match.

Samuel Wong still kept his team in form and showed no slacking off. The Paradisians got an early lead from Harris's cross from corner kick with Webber heading it home. Patterson, on the left midfielder, made the news by actually doing something that contributed to the team. This may have been one of the first mentions of Kevin Patterson. He scored the second goal, his first ever goal in his international career. To make it two goals. But it didn't stop their but he then carried on to score two more goals, from free-kicks. We have finally found the hero of this match. At half time the score was 4-0 to the Paradisians. Armours and some dude scored a goal in the second half and the final score was 5-1

Matchday 11: Cosumar @Leviathan Arena
In our previous meeting, at the Paradisian North Park, Cosumar looked like they would won their three points. But then it was not too late. With Grzegorz Wasiliewski on board, it was hard for the Paradisians to lose the match/ With just a change in tactics, the Paradisians has made 3 crucial goals in the second half to make it a 4-4 draw. But now Cosumar, who are still lurking in 3rd place ahead of Boring Paradise, have got the home turf advantage over the Paradisians. Grzegorz Wasiliewski had other ideas. Let just start with the facts, the main battle was in the midfield, with Samuel Wong and the Dragon's midfielder, Abel Scarloff both playing. This will be a tough match for both managers and their players.

In the tenth minute, Kevin Harris made a short pass to Samuel Wong, who then skipped along the pitch, like an other "ordinary" human would do, crossed the ball into box where Armours was waiting. The ball went right past Koskinen and into the back of the net. It was 1-0 to the Paradisians. After another 20 minutes, Williams scored two goals and then made the scoreline become 3-0. Then came the Cosumar kick-off, Renault with the ball cleared it up ahead, but then the miracle happened. The wind, which was blowing towards Osama Homewood, carried the ball into the back of the net after going over Homewood. This was a pure lucky shot. Soon Samuel Wong showed of his skilled, dribbling past the midfielders and then the defenders, flicked the ball only to do a over head volley while it was a one on one challenge. At half time it was 4-1. So this match seemed to be a replica of the previous meeting but vice-versa. Grzegorz Wasiliewski did not take this current score as a score t be settled with, after seeing what his team is capable of but also the Dragon's squad. In the second-half, the Dragons, scored two goals within ten minutes with Renault scoring his hat-trick. This seemed like a close one. With Thomas Teverridge, running along dribbling past the Paradisians, got into the box. This seemed like it would be a revenge of what the Paradisians had done to the Dragons at The North Park. But with a flash moment, Osama Homewood caught the ball, and created the counter-attack, Thomas was exhausted and couldn't do anything about it. Alklani passed to Webber, who then sent the ball up field to meet up with Armours. No one could stop him, and the score was 5-3. Teverridge has some explaining to do after the match was finished. In the dying moments the Paradisians had secured their win, with a goal from Armours in the last play.

Group 8                          Pld    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD   Pts 
1 Farfadillis 12 8 2 2 35 18 +17 26
2 Sameba 12 8 2 2 32 23 +9 26
3 Cosumar 12 6 4 2 35 23 +12 22
4 Boring Paradise 12 6 3 3 36 20 +16 21
5 Usjekhipstahf 12 7 0 5 25 22 +3 21
6 Catholican Catholica 12 4 4 4 26 20 +6 16
7 Alsacie 12 1 1 10 15 41 −26 4
8 The Andromeda Islands 12 0 0 12 9 46 −37 0
The Paradisian Empire contains the Center, Boring Paradise, and the loyal countries that have sworn allegiance.

Best Places
U-15 World Cup 7 Runners-Up
WWISC 2 Runners Up
U-15 Chamionship (3rd Place)
Friendly Cup X (3rd Place)
Hosted
Internation FireStorm Cup II,III
Friendly Cup X

Star United States
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Star United States » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:22 pm

If there are any mistakes, titles, etc. please forgive me and telegram me so that I may fix them.

Image Star United States Image
The World Cup 68 Qualifies
☆★ Tie Number Six... and counting ★☆

Previous Editions: SUS Roster, First Victory, Check, Second Victory? Oh yeah!, First Tie? Okay., Rocking The Tournament, Still Surviving, Another Day, Another Tied Game, The First Lost Game, Four, Four, Four,One Won, One Tied, Fifth Win on the Charts

The Inevitable Syndicate - Star United States traveled to this nation for the 12th math day of the World Qualifiers.

The Inevitable Syndicate 2 - 2 Star United States

The Stars traveled to the rivals' stadium to tie another game. The match, obviously, started on minute 0, with the blowing of the whistle.

The rivals, or home team, took the lead early in the match at minute 5, scoring, and catching Spark, goalkeeper of Star United States, completely off guard. Pratt, forward of The Inevitable Syndicate, was able to break through the defense of Star United States, with help with the rest of his team, such as Allen, and Robinson. (The Inevitable Syndicate 1 - 0 Star United States)

The rivals kept the ball most of the time, but eventually they made a fatal move when Tavel passed it to Baker, and a player of Star United States was able to steal the ball. This player would be Stafford. This fatal move by the rivals caused Star United States to score their first goal of the match. Stafford kicked the ball to Soarison, who then was able to kick it into the goal without much problem with the defenses of the rival team. Star United States scored their first goal of the match on minute 43. (The Inevitable Syndicate 1 - 1 Star United States)

The referee brought the first half to an end at minute 90+1. The second half started easily, as if both teams wanted to stay at a tie, but neither teams needed a tie, especially at this match.

Minute 56: Star United States was finally able to gain a solid possession of the a ball, and Barnna passed it to Horas, who passed to Soarison, who passed it to Stafford, who passed it to Gasteiz. Gasteiz look at the goal, and kicked, unbelievingly scoring. (The Inevitable Syndicate 1 - 2 Star United States)

When minute 89 came around Star United States believed that they had these three points, until the referees announced that the extra time would be three minutes. This is where the rivals took their last chance to either win or tie the match. Anything is better than a lost game, right?

On Minute 90+2: Pratt, the player on the rival team that scored the first goal in the match, was able to get the ball from Stafford, a player of Star United States, and was able to make it to somewhat close to the goal post. He looked up and quickly aimed and kicked. Score. The game was tied. (The Inevitable Syndicate 2 - 2 Star United States)

Soon after the last goal, the final whistle was blown. The game ended. Another tie for Star United States.

Update on The Group

Group 18
New Mumford 2–3 The Royal Barangay
Astograth 2–3 Carialus
The Inevitable Syndicate 2–2 Star United States
Arititan 3–3 New South Aqmuland

Group 18 Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 The Royal Barangay 12 8 2 2 36 23 +13 26
2 Astograth 12 8 1 3 28 17 +11 25
3 Carialus 12 7 2 3 32 20 +12 23
4 Star United States 12 5 6 1 35 26 +9 21
5 The Inevitable Syndicate 12 6 2 4 22 12 +10 20
6 New South Aqmuland 12 3 3 6 25 29 −4 12
7 New Mumford 12 2 0 10 14 39 −25 6
8 Arititan 12 0 2 10 13 39 −26 2

The Royal Barangay has managed to reach the top of the group. Astograth has dropped to second place, only one point below The Royal Barangay. Carialus and Star United States are still unmoved at the same place. With only two match days left, this is crucial. Star United States is only 4 points away from being able to make it third place. Anything is possible for the first five teams, with New South Aqumland, New Mumford, and Arititan being out. Will Star United States b have the long-awaited chance to move on? We'll find out soon.

Today's Match

Today, at the Stadium of Jackson, Star United States will face Astograth. Last time these two nations met, they tied 2 - 2. But, this time Star United States need a win, while Astograth really doesn't, but that doesn't mean they'll just hand it to them. Astograth is a challenging team, like all, but anything is possible. With only two curical match days left for Star United States, a victory is needed for them. Well, best of luck to all the teams as the group stage reach an end.

Matches: World Cup 68 Qualifiers
Partidos: Clasificación para la Copa Mundial 68
Jogos: Eliminatórias da Copa do Mundo 68

3/24: @ Carialus (Won 2 - 3)
3/25: @ New Mumford Won 1 - 2)
3/26: v. New South Aqumland (Tied 2 - 2 )
3/27: @ Aritian (Won 2 - 4)
3/28: v. The Inevitable Syndicate (Tied 1 - 1)
3/29: @ Astograth (Tied 2 - 2)
3/30: v. The Royal Barangay ( Lost 3 - 4)
4/2: v. Carialus (Tied 4 - 4)
4/3: v. New Mumford (Won 6 - 1)
4/4: @ New South Aqumland (Tied 3 - 3)
4/5: v. Arititan (Won 2 - 1)
4/6: @ The Inevitable Syndicate (Tied 2 - 2)
4/7: v. Astograth
4/9: @ The Royal Barangay

*Please Note: that all match days have been pushed back on day, and that the match at The Royal Barangay will not take place on April 8, 2014 but on April 9, 2014. Thank you. *

W - D - L
5 - 6 - 1

Home Games Venues

*please note that all dates have been pushed back one day*

April 7, 2014
SUS v. Astograth
Stadium of Jackson

Kandorith
Minister

Founded: Aug 26, 2009
Capitalizt

Postby Kandorith » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:41 pm

Kandorith In Balance

By Lisho Yaru

Group 11                            Pld    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD   Pts 
1 Audioslavia 12 9 3 0 25 4 +21 30
2 Kandorith 12 6 4 2 27 11 +16 22
3 Kitsunia-Deesse 12 6 4 2 24 19 +5 22
4 Vaugania 12 6 3 3 27 19 +8 21
5 The Paradystopi Lymryk Isles 12 5 4 3 25 26 −1 19
6 Menukten 12 2 2 8 14 27 −13 8
7 Costa de Ouro 12 2 2 8 9 24 −15 8
8 Springmont 12 0 2 10 12 33 −21 2

With the last two matches ending in a draw, Kandorith remains in a narrow second place; not comfortable but expected. The upcoming for the national team would be increasing the lead on the number two and keeping a winning record. Mainly the winning by draws would be too risky for the Kandorese team, Xíanjí already stated that himself. The two draws have shown nothing spectacular from the team, but it shows they can keep their position after some very tough matches, especially the matches against Audioslavia. Fans are in agreement though; Kandorith will win the upcoming matches completely.

With the end of the qualification campaign nearing, the Kandorese team is looking positive and all eyes are fixed on Xíanjí's performance. His goal; reaching the World Cup once again. When unable to reach this goal his job as the head coach of the national team is at stake, which could herald a new unstable period for the national team, like the one before Xíanjí took the lead. Kandorith has a history of unorganized and swift changing leadership in both sports and politics, which in politics do few harm, but in the sports world have shown their harmful effects more than enough in their long campaign to even reach the World Cup.

The upcoming matches are crucial for the team, once again in a tight spot. The Red Dragons have proven themselves before by coming out as second in a situation like this, but the fans would rather see the team taking a comfortable lead or possibly even as a prime contender for the first group spot. What can we expect from the team from now on? Xíanjí told the press that we can expect a fully motivated, confident and well rested Kandorese national team, ready to take on the biggest names once again.
Great Empire of Kanyori | 大宮来国 | Arashi Kanyori Yokoku

Overview | Constitution | Anthem | Imperial Anthem | Armed Forces | Foreign Affairs | Emperor

Hikari Kyoyu Headlines:
BREAKING NEWS: LDP wins elections in landslide though Yoshiro Murakami will not return as prime minister they stated. | Latest technology showcased at the Empress Masumi Stadium as the January Tech Summit starts for the weekend | CDP claims LDP stole the election and will take legal steps against the election results

Vettrera
Senator

Founded: Dec 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Reflecting On A Waning Life (Part 8)

Postby Vettrera » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:04 pm

"Where do I go from here...?" Beatrice thought to herself.

I can't officially "quit" because the World Cup team has a couple of games left. So I mean, I still have to deal with everyone for about another week and then I'm golden. I can go back to the main offices, clear out my desk, and leave for good. But for now, the email should suffice. Yeah, maybe I should have waited a couple of more days to send the email. I mean, i guess it was in bad taste, in retrospect. I was mid tournament and basically told everyone that I was done. Then again, it didn't really matter. I wasn't their "coach" I was there supervisor. The only major issue is that I have to hang around the soccer team for a few days with them aware that I'm quitting, but they didn't really respond negatively when they heard the news. They all nodded or just sat there nonchalantly, it wasn't really an issue for them. None of them had anything bad to say about my e-mail at least. It was just "thank you for your service, we're sorry you feel this way. Let's finish out qualifying and move on" At most, it probably just threw them off a bit. The only team that it really affected would be the hockey team.

Hockey had to be upset, I mean their coach was a mess. And they couldn't reach me to rectify the situation. But hell, even if I didn't cancel my phone, and if they were able to reach me, I wouldn't have been able to change anything. He was 100% at fault for killing and injuring those people, and there was no reason to give him diplomatic immunity for something so blatantly stupid. Hockey had to be upset, but I didn't have to feel guilty about it. My last job is to get through these next to games and never deal with the VSA or PUSH again.

Where do I go from here? Whell, I could probably be a professor at some Liberal Arts College, or just retire and sip martinis all the time. But I guess I can wait on deciding till these kids finish qualifying.
Last edited by Vettrera on Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
||International Achievements||
"In Search of That Which Cannot Be Seen"

Northern Sunrise Islands
Minister

Founded: May 05, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Northern Sunrise Islands » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:07 pm

RADIO ESPORTIVA
Season 2, Channel 4: Creativity Utilities

Sunrise: Oh, Arceus!

Sunrise automatically hides behind the couch.

Sunrise: Oh, a pennie!
Wolfie: *sigh* I heard you were accepting money for help.
Sunrise: Yeah... Please don't hit me.
Wolfie: No hard feelings. You were just scared.
Sunrise: Took the words out of my mouth. Now, can I get up?
Wolfie: Certainly.

Sunrise finally rises up again, wiping any remaining dust.

Sunrise: What do you want, exactly?
Wolfie: Well... You heard there is a magic book that helps you get a good name for your businesses, right?
Sunrise: Huh?
Wolfie: Yeah... it's normally at the Grand Library near UICA. Sadly, however, the people working there said it's at North Aoton.
Sunrise: Aoton?
Wolfie: Yup. You know the place.
Sunrise: Well, yeah... But it's a big dense, don't you have a more definite location?
Wolfie: *sigh* If you really want to make this chapter shorter...

One hour later.

Sunrise: Well...

Sunrise was on front of an overly complicated place, decorated with all sorts of thingamajigs and what not. A sign said Legal's Home.

Sunrise: I can't find a bell... What is this button for?
????: Don't press the button!
Sunrise: AHHH!

Sunrise gets surprised by Free Republics, quickly goes under protection mode.

Sunrise: Don't you dare try to pull a Giant Swing or anything! I'll Sweet Chin Music you out of the park, I swear!
Free Republics: Relax, moron. Wrestlecade was yesterday, I'm not going to train for the event for now.
Sunrise: So... what's the catch, then?
Free Republics: Well, I saw you were going to press the wrong button to enter. But what do you want over there? Don't you know we're working on it?
Sunrise: Legal's home needs work?
Free Republics: Well, he said he wanted to make it better. So we're working on it.
Sunrise: Like what?
Free Republics: He wants to include a labyrinth corridor with three gates for anyone that wants to enter, just for safeness.
Sunrise: Huh.
Free Republics: You couldn't comprehend.
Sunrise: Well, I need a book he has.
Free Republics: Certainly, follow me.

They go for the back door of the house, where Legal was planning a very-detailed blue print of the new house, with said magic book near him.

Legal: So... the back door button goes over here...
Sunrise: Hey!
Legal: Oh, hello. What do you need, young boy?
Free Republics: He said he's here for a book, man.
Legal: This? I'm waiting for it to give me a good name for my home structure style.
Sunrise: Waiting?
Legal: Yes. It has a slight delay for it to work, sadly.
Free Republics: Couldn't we just work on it before actually picking up a name?
Legal: Of course not! That would be too easy!
Sunrise: Well, you guys need a name for it?
Legal: If you want to give it a shot.
Sunrise: Well, if it's a house, you can use casa, Portuguese for house and ran, since it is supposed to work differently, running different, if you may.
Legal: Casaran?
Free Republics: That's actually not a bad name. B+.
Legal: A+! Now you can have it after running a series of trials and-

Sunrise was suddenly not there anymore. Same with the book.

Free Republics: Typical B+.
Legal: True.
Free Republics: Maybe it was best for the business.

A while later, near home, Sunrise runs and dives into the house, followed by the typical AOian mob.

Sunrise: CLOSE THE DOOR!

Kitsunia closes the door, hitting Vettrera on the face, as she was the one on front of the mob.

Vettrera: OW!
Sunrise: Phew... Phew...

Wolfie was sitting on the couch, playing Fists of Fury with Kitsunia on the Titan.

Kitsunia: C'mon, Wolf! Stop cheating with Cork, you jerk!
Wolfie: Oi, I'm just paying your stupid shtick with violins back withmy good ol' punches!
Sunrise: So... here is your book...
Wolfie: Oh, I already know what name I'm using. Kaplewof. Kitsunia helped me with it.
Kitsunia: Yeah, that wasn't difficult.
Sunrise: So... I got chased for nothing?
Wolfie: Not really, I already paid the money to Kitsunia for that and for playing a game with me.
Kitsunia: Confirmed. At least you ran a bit, chubby.
Sunrise: ... so, can I have a seat?
Wolfie: Well, I should be going now.
Sunrise: I think you'd rather wait.
Wolfie: Why?

The camera zooms out, showing a bigger mob than the normal.

Sunrise: Stood there for too long, they thought I was going to stick by.
Wolfie: Well... we still haven't unlocked Autumanaël.
Kitsunia: Aye, let's do this! We'll have enough time!

The mob gets set to use a log to open the door just seconds before the chapter ends.
Tails... Watch out, you're gonna crash, aaaaah!
Project +90 | Sunrise's Sportwires (shared with Dainer) | PokéCard ~ Label Guide
Champion: WC 75 and 76, U-15 WC 4 and 6, DBC 29 and 41
Now known as Kita-Hinode

Kalumba
Ambassador

Founded: May 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalumba » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:15 pm

The Herald
Sport Today
Report by Bruce Mtwetwe

Bravery proves costly for the Kudus, as they fall to successive defeats to group leaders The Holy Empire and Paradystopia ahead of crucial fixture with Horusland. And worse for the team in both defeats they conceded five goals, only managing two in reply meaning that their goal difference goes from a healthy +16 to a potentially too low +8. The only consolation that George Davies can take is that Horusland were held t a draw by minnows Serebro, a result which cancels out Kalumba's earlier failure to overturn Torisakia and leaves the Kudus in third place.

The next game will decide if Kalumba can reach the playoffs for the first time in many an effort, and anything other than a defeat should be enough to guarantee third spot and a shot at reaching the World Cup Finals for the first time in their history. However it will also bring back painful memories for the few survivors of the squad who saw their hopes dashed on penalties the last time the play offs were reached.

But the team musn't get over confident for Horusland are an excellent side and pose a real threat for the Kudus, but Kalumba will have home advantage. And both sides are looking to bounce back from disappointing results, so we are in for an exciting match and hopefully a joyful occassion for Kudus fans and George Davies who has done so much or football in our nation.

One can look at our group and say in spite of it's difficulty it may actually have been favourable for Kalumba. With the third placed side being offered a chance to make the World Cup proper, Kalumba actually had a look in. The Holy Empire and Paradystopia were alwas going to win the group and finish second, but with Horusland being reletively close to us in the rankings and the other sides far beneath us the Kudus had a fighting chance to finish third. And if they keep up such form then it is potentially there for them.

The men of all three platoons of Greyhound Company were gathered in the hastily cleared airstrip and the officers were huddled together in a makeshift hut, giving their reports to their commander. A gruff older man, Captain Mamadou was a much respected figure and had turned Greyhound Company into the most formidable reconaissance unit in the Kalumban Security Forces. But one who did not suffer fools gladly.

"So how did they slip the net?" He demanded of the Lieutenants of 2nd and 3rd Platoons, who sifted uncomfortably on the soles of their boots. They knew that he knew the cloud had hampered air cover and that the band had changed direction when they were blinded by the weather.

"We lost air support Sir, they didn't stay on the same course..." stammered 3rd Platoons leader, but was cut short by his superior.

"That's why we are here. We track them. That is our job!" Mamadou shouted. "The Air Force has enough on its hands bombing terrs in their bases and when they enter a firefight. They don't have time to search out targets as well, that is our job. Reconaissance. Finding targets. Wilhelm, what happened with our mob?"

"We engaged the band, then tracked them to kraal where we were ambushed, I lost a good man for nothing."

"Nothing Lieutenant?"

"Yes nothing, we burnt a whole kraal to the ground. We killed everyone in it. And for what? Is our daima safer now?"

"Lieutenant" growled Mamadou.

"What? Why do we go on? We'll never win, no one in Bechuaneland likes us anymore the battle is lost." Replied Wilhelm staring hard at the Captain.

"Arrest this man" called the captain to the sentry outside, who came in and led Wilhelm away.
Unilateral Declaration of Indifference viewtopic.php?f=23&t=111178 - Honestly Kalumba has no interest in you or your problems.
Looking for a PMT RP, no godmoding, etc. Come and help Zimbabwe-Rhodesia defeat the Soviets in Africa viewtopic.php?f=5&t=116682
The Colonial Crisis viewtopic.php?f=5&t=138755
-St George wrote:Pedantry, thy name is Kalumba.
San-Silvacian wrote:
Forgot to take off my Rhodie shorts when I went to sleep.

Woke up in bitches and enemy combatants.

Spreewerke wrote:Salt the women, rape the earth.

Baptism of Fire 43 Champions
A Luta Continua

Polar Islandstates
Senator

Founded: Jan 17, 2011
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Polar Islandstates » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:43 pm

"HEY, LEIF! GO LEFT! LEFT!"

Iulian Kirilaunen stood shouting from the Polar Islandstates technical area with his hands around his mouth. Looking right towards Leif Ulsletten in the Terns goal, he put a beckoning arm out towards the Red Star Severny goalkeeper and pulled it back towards him in a beckoning motion, as if trying to pull his younger understudy over himself. Leif looked over, and nodded solemnly.

"You think he got it?" asked Artemiusz Korshanenko, the other substitute keeper sitting to Iulian's right.

"Sure hope so."

"You been studying that guy?"

"I always study penalty takers," said Iulian, somewhat surprised, "why, don't you?"

"Well yeah, of course!" replied Artemiusz, "I'm the goalkeeper for SK Franz Josef City, man, and you're the goalkeeper for Surtsey Island Gulls. You don't get to be the goalkeepers for the two best teams in the Federation without studying penalty takers before you play them. Ask me anyone in Divisjon One and I'll tell you which way they usually go."

"Then why did you ask about this guy? Larsen."

"Drilled, high left. Because!"

"No really, why?"

"Oh, come on, Iulian... Florgania? Where did you get the video?"

"The Baptism of Fire, obviously. Why? Oslograd."

"Which one?"

"Both."

"Elder, bottom right. Younger, through the middle. Wait, these guys were in a Baptism recently?"

"Yeah, of course. Why, where were you?"

"On a training camp with the team."

"Oh yeah, that's right," chuckled Iulian, "because you didn't win Divisjon One last season. Sorry about that."

"No you're not."

"Correct. Finiguerra."

"Panenka, if he's showing off and Northbrook are playing well. Bottom left otherwise."

"Funny, I've never had to face a penenka from him..." said Iulian dryly.

Artemiusz rolled his eyes, but Iulian had eyes only on the events in the penalty box. Benjamin Garza was placing the ball on the spot. He'd already humiliated Ulsletten once in this match, chipping it over him from the edge of the box when the young goalkeeper had come out of position and mis-hit a clearance, so right now Ulsletten needed the confidence from a decent save. Another goal would see the visitors draw level after Wolff and Villeneuve's goals in the first half, both after being assisted by a rejuvenated Kolehmainen, as it happened, and only a few select foreigners in the stadium wanted to see that lead reduced to nothing again. But of course, all it takes is one overzealous shoulder barge from someone as enthusiastic as Nilsson, and the chance to equalise from the spot kick was there.

It had been tough for Iulian to watch from the sidelines these past few games. He'd gone the first half of qualifying without conceding a goal, even denying Dardan several times in the traditional mid-qualifying friendly to make it eight clean sheets in a row. Rasmussen was spot on, of course, when he said he needed to give the other two a run out in the colours, but since then the goals had gone in a bit more regularly. Ulsletten had kept three clean sheets in his first three matches for the Terns - post-Copa friendlies - but he'd arguably been at fault for the draw against Kazamatsuri, and right now the young and undoubtedly talented goalkeeper needed a bit of confidence.

"You think he'll do it?" asked Artemiusz.

"Of course I do," said Iulian, "the kid's going to be playing in the sticks long after we've retired, my friend. We can mould him into a great keeper, you and I, and the path to greatness starts with following the advice and instructions of your superiors."

"And Garza goes left?"

"Garza goes left," confirmed Iulian, "Kilpter."

"Bottom right."

"Jagr."

"Smashes it."

"Pedrinho."

"Top left."

"Thanks."

"Dammit!"

Iulian chuckled to himself, and then put his hand out to his left again, catching Leif's eye. Leif didn't nod this time, but narrowed his eyes as if to challenge.

"Come on, kid, don't second guess me now," muttered Iulian as the referee blew his whistle, "Garza goes left..."

Garza went right.

Leif dived to his right. Put out a palm, and tipped the penalty over the crossbar. It was an outstanding save, and the players immediately rushed to his side to congratulate him on a save that would guarantee the Terns top spot in their group.

"Of course," said Iulian to Artemiusz, backtracking with a wry smile on his face as the bench and stadium around him celebrated, "they also say the path to greatness is knowing when to disobey instructions..."
Last edited by Polar Islandstates on Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The True Valhallan Federation of Polar Islandstates - Pop. 51,500,000
Capital: Franz Josef City - Demonym: Valhallan (Polarian) - Trigramme: PIS
sportnyheter.vu - Ides of March Cup
Champions: WC67, CR XIX, CR XVIII, CR XV, CR X, CR VIII, DBC56, DBC20, RLWC11, RLWC10 Runners-Up: WC66, WC65, CR VI, DBC29, DBC55, WCoH18
Third: WC70, WC68, WC57, CR XII, DBC27 Fourth: WC56, CR XXII, RLWC13, RLWC9, WCoH17
“Aut Pax Aut Bellum” - A formerly closed nation that definitely isn't fascist now. The strongest and one true constituent member of The Valhallan Union
He/Him/His

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:49 pm

Cassadaigua clinches group,
by Rachel Sharper- Concord Heights Times- Senior Editor

New Montreal States still has not recovered from the 5-2 rout in which the Fillies put on them a few games ago, and now they have dropped more points. Despite being at home, the Paladians could only draw with Yveltal, making them 1-2-1 in their last four games. Meanwhile, Cassadaigua has remained in smooth sailing form, getting a 3-2 win over a Nouvel Ecosse team that had everything to play for. Sum all that up, and Cassadaigua has left New Montreal States in the dust, moving clear by 7 points, and with just two games left, first place is assured. Only Barunia and Audioslavia can make that claim as well.

Historically, winning the group has meant you have qualified for the World Cup, and in this situation with games remaining, you will usually see a manager play substitutes and reserves as to not risk injury in what proved to meaningless games. This year it’s a little different, with a concept that’s necessarily new to a nation like ourselves who plays in other sports. Being the best group winner allows for the best seedings, much like you would see in a World Bowl or World Cup of Hockey format. Therefore, it is unlikely that coach Barrett will do a full-stop resting of starters over the final two games. However, at the same time when you look at the quality of nations that figure to win their groups, it really doesn’t matter where one ends up getting seeded as all the possible matchups are against other good teams. CASE President Meaghan Bateman told us, “The first round will be just as good as any round of sixteen knockout round will be in the World Cup. You will have 24 teams who are all great teams, going at it. I’m not sure that seeding really matters. It’s going to be very exciting for the fans, for sure; but very stressful for the players and people who have invested in the sake of their national organizations.” You don’t have to necessarily win that playoff (which is a home-away playoff tie), but if you do, you’re in the World Cup. Leave it to Legalese and a nation from World Changers to create such a format that makes you dizzy.

The thing is, right now, these last two games mean so much to so many nations, that their path is clear. For coach Barrett, Joric Ruskin of Barunia, and John Ryan of Audioslavia, things are a little different. Everything you can do now has been done. You’re gonna play someone good in that first tie regardless, and you want to be sure that your team is ready for it. The reason why you are in this situation is because of fantastic form, and you hate to see this temporary break in it. Do you stay with the regular lineup? Do you experiment with different players? Different formations? I would venture to guess you will see these three managers take three different strategies, because it really is up in the air as to what the best strategy is for these pointless games. Ashley Barrett has not given great detail as to the starting lineup for this game, but has stated that Lindsay Doran will start in goal and Jennifer Phillips is being given the game off. Any other changes will be a gametime decision. The opponent, Yveltal, has much to play for, as they are still in the picture for 3rd place.
NS Sports’ only World Cup, World Bowl, World Cup of Hockey, World Baseball Classic and International Basketball Championships winner!

(Motorsports, college basketball, and volleyball, too)

Specific Titles: World Cup 50, 51; WBC 14, 16, 19, 50 & 58; WB 8, 22, & 40; WCOH 11 & 39; IBC 13.
Also: CR 40 & 43; CoH 39; Swamp Soccer 4, RTC WC 18 & 19; WVE 6; NSCAA 3, 5 & 9; NSSCRA 7
Runner Up: CoH 40, CR 37, 38 & 41; WB 21, WcoH 8, IBC 12, WBC 13, 15, 47 & 48, DBC 21.
WC Qualified for: 45, 46, 49-61, 67, 79 (DNP WC 69-77), 81-90, 92.
XIII Summer Olympiad: 2nd Most Medals
Hosted: WC 54, 67, 84 & 88; CoH 57 & 73, BoF 47, CR 30, WB 16, WBC 18, 26, 40, 45 & 50, NSCAA, NSCH 1; WLC 7, 30 & 33.

Taeshan
Senator

Founded: Aug 11, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Taeshan » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:49 pm

Taeshan Beats Kintratar, Assures playoffs

Nothing like knowing you are going to the playoffs two games before they begin. that said the fact that the Knights were going to the playoffs seemed rather relevant months ago, let alone now. Really they should actually have done it two games ago, but ratmo happened and now the Knights will be lucky to finish in 2nd place if they dont have a lapse in judgement like they did last qualifiers costing them a chance at going to the world cup. That said with that in mind they should at least make it to the first round of playoffs intact and go on into the playoffs looking to make it to the finals for the first time in to long.
Champions - Copa Rushmori 22, Cup of Harmony 35, Di Bradini Cup 19, World Baseball Classic 13, Gridiron World Championships (World Bowl 0), World Bowl 34, World Lacrosse Championship 2

World Cup Qualifications-41, 44, 46, 59, 61(RoS), 62(Quarterfinals), 63 (RoS), 64 (Quarterfinals), 83, 84 (RoS), 85, 87

Hosts-Cup of Harmony 55, Copa Rushmori 14, Sporting World Cup 10,
Quidditch World Cup 10, World Cup of Hockey 41, World Cup 87

New Sideburn
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Sideburn » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:57 pm

THE BRINEMOUTH HERALD
RECORD VICTORY - CESKY HIT FOR SIX AS CORMORANTS AWAIT PLAYOFFS
by Theodora Kendall

Today, the Sideburnese have good reason to be proud - while we're not traditionally considered a fluid, flowing game, or the patient possession-based game favoured by others, the Sideburnese work off basic principles. Short passes in the midfield and attack, quick movement, physical and decisive - when you have the ball, don't sit on it, do something with it. And it's these simple principles that lead to this - a six-nil victory at home against an opponent that, while strong, simply couldn't cope at the back.

The pace of things was set near the start - first a long drive from Dale Brightley skimmed off the crossbar, but it was Brightley's chipped pass over the high Ceskian back line that played in Konrad Evans. The Gortz United striker's form has been somewhat cooler than those of Cathar and Bittencourt, but with a fine finish, low and hard, past the goalkeeper, you wouldn't have thought it.

To their credit, the Ceskians fought back hard, and Riordan was forced into an excellent save to keep a powerful shot from Calrek out. But nothing came of the corner, and from that point on New Sideburn dominated. First, Evans sealed his brace with a neat bit of skill to jink past his man and slam it past the keeper. Cathar, somewhat inevitably, scored his own contribution after a Harper cross, then Harper got onto the scoresheet herself - the Treason midfielder has been one of our best and most consistent performers these qualifiers, and is making a strong bid to stay in the lineup over Michael Keane. In first half extra time a strike from Brightley whipped under the crossbar and in with such force it actually rolled out of the net, and Cathar stabbed it in again to make sure it stood. 4-0 and surely game over, though the final chance of the half fell to Calrek - fine work took him past Finnan, but his shot was poor and wide.

The second half was more even, both sides getting chances but it seemed only the Cormorants could convert them, while Riordan was a colossus between the posts. Evans was felled in the box by the Ceskian goalkeeper, and converted a low, hard penalty himself to earn his hat-trick, but Cesky surely thought they had weathered the storm in the 89th minute. Not so, when a headed clearance hit the ball to substitute leftback Amanda Clough, whose perfectly weighted volley slammed into the net. 6-0 the final score, a slightly flattering scoreline perhaps but undoubtedly leaving the crowd elated.

The fallout of this is that the Cormorants have mathematically secured second place in the group - and probably only second, as Valladares would need to drop points in both of their last two games to lose their grip on first. This probably won't happen. Where does this leave us? Well, it means we play a third-placed team in the first playoff round - this should be a win for us, if not necessarily an easy one - followed by facing another second-placed team in the second round. The Seeding Committee, a typical bit of, if you'll forgive the pun, Legalese, determines matchups based on strength - not necessarily working off WCC rankings, but likely using them as a baseline. Given that our rank in WCC is strong, our performance here stronger still and, of course, our track record of winning two regional trophies from four we've competed, it's reasonable to assume the second match-up should be weighted in our favour too. So... not a done and dusted affair by any means, as opposed to the relatively easy task of qualifying from first. Some might feel hard done by - by this stage we're the best of all second-place teams, which is enough for automatic qualification in a conventional bid. But there's plenty of reason to be optimistic... particularly after a performance like this.
The old ways were best!

Original nation behind Nephara. New Sideburn now symbolises an ideal, rather than a nation.

Buyan
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Buyan » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:03 pm

Very short, apologies, to keep the story running

Airports. Schmidt had seen plenty of them already, but few had that slightly saddening atmosphere of Pajukas International. Awaiting their flight to Jeru, the players of the national selection attempted to find a comfortable spot to bud in or even toss around a ball a bit, but the architecture -in which small spaces, unnecessary poles and strange edges played a key role- nor the facilities -broken seats, overwhelmed thrash cans- aided them to locate one. Nonetheless, the atmosphere was more than positive. In front of the home crowd, they had beaten the illustrious side of United Gordonopia, not in the least by an impressive performance of the goalie. A splendid header by Elmo Havelund, who really started to gain his much-deserved credit amongst the fans now he played abroad, topped off a great day in The Nine. The conversations were jokingly, even a bit playful at times.

Sirius Hope looked to it all with a smile, one that disappeared as soon as he noted his assistant. Paruczwek walked up to him with a grin and it never predicted good things. When he reached the national manager, he flashed out a letter.

"I have sad news, I'm afraid," he spoke, but his expression didn't match his words.

Without awaiting Hope's answer, he strolled on to the nearest band of players that circled around Schmidt and Angst, who were sparring in a game of catchball.

"Manuel!" Paruczwek yelled, making himself the center of attention, "I think you can't join us on this trip."

The game died down, so did the laughter amongst the men.

"What, why?" the goalkeeper spoke.
"I've just received word you'll have jury duty!"

Protests immediately arose amongst the other players.

"That's ridiculous, he has to play," Devold voiced the common opinion.
"Besides," Wallenberg added, "can't he buy it off, like everybody else?"
"I'm afraid," Paruczwek responded, "such would not be patriotic, isn't it."

He left a moment of silence there. The team despised him, but all knew that Wallenberg overstepped the line there. He might know little about football, his influence at the highest level had already become visible over the last few months.

"And," Paruczwek continued, "I don't think you can afford to not perform your duty as new Buyanese. The press already heard it somehow, so I'ld advise you to go. Besides, who knows what would happen to your passport if you decline, Manuel. I've heard that there might have been irregularities upon it and that an investigation will be opened... Well, that's probably just rumours."

He walked out at once, leaving the players baffled. After a slight hesitation, Manuel Schmidt picked up his luggage and walked out, silently. Both he and Hope realised once more that they would have to thread carefully, as their opponents had access to powers beyond their limits.

XI for Buyan - Albaie
Schmidt
Refshauge - Tufte - Bartkus - Zemaitis
Naess - Zermin
Halmiini - Devold - Wallenberg
Havelund

No major surprises. Schmidt returns from jury duty, his replacement Saldlund saw three goals fly by. The remainder of the team is in full strength, with amongst them current man in form Elmo Havelund, who marked twice against Jeru FC.
From Some Village
'Bu', like in 'book'. 'Yan' like the cyclist 'Jan Ullrich'.
RP Population: 22 million
Overenthusiast and slightly naive Republic ruled by Sil Moen
State of Economy: deplorable
Weather: cold
Atmosphere: less depressing than before, but only a bit

Valanora
Senator

Founded: Sep 03, 2007
Democratic Socialists

Postby Valanora » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:09 pm

Valanora Times
Secure but Unsteady

Two matches remain for the Marauders before the playoff and they have clinched their spot there, as well as nearly having clinched the group title as well. It's been a worrisome road to the end of this qualifying cycle though, with the problems in the attack well documented, averaging still under two goals a game this cycle. The record itself looks impressive enough, only the two draws through twelve matches, disappointing when considering the side had been perfect through the halfway stage, but still impressive in remaining unbeaten. What is worrying is how the team just looks these last few game, their body language giving off signs that they are disinterested and disengaged from the matches. Perhaps after Taeshan was not able to really push them for the group title, the squad got bored with the tedious nature of qualifying, but with the complexity of the playoffs and the need to play in them to qualify, it is a worrying sign to see.

What would be a good tonic for the side and the fans is to see some vintage Vanorian display in these two matches, to really serve notice to the group and world that the side is not just sleep walking through the qualifiers. A game where the said plays free and loose, looking to play a bit of a possessive attacking game, moving forward into the attack in waves and with thrust. While it may open up the defense a little and ruin the quite remarkable defensive record the side has had these twelve games, it would be a huge boost in confidence for the fans that are so used to that style of football. It would also be good prep for the side for the the playoffs and likely the Finals, being able to press for the goal or goals that they will need to secure victory against both quality opposition and the clock.

There is a train of thought in some circles in Valanora that the squad, the national team in general, is the best there is in all the world. It has been something that has been spoken of lightly since World Cup 36 and with even more fervor since World Cup 43, and not even in a real hiding spot since then. That the team never loses a match, not in spirit, that they simply run out of time to exploit their skill and the game plan of their manager. With the likes of Hawk, Soldarian, Fresco, and va Drake on the side, you can understand that sentiment, world class players who can make a mark on a game in a breath with a moment of brilliance. It is also a bit arrogant, cocky even, which comes from continued and great success on the largest and most important of stages, putting those sort of fans at odds with the majority of other Marauder fans and gets Vanorian a bad reputation with the rest of the international community.

The question then becomes, is that arrogance necessary, is it what allows the team to go on to the pitch and dominate? It is obvious that they are missing something in their step this cycle, though what it might be is anyones guess, yet the scorelines and video tape show you all you need to know. What if that arrogance is what puts this side over the top, what makes them better and perform to their peaks, because it is in their heads that they are the best and should be beating everyone? Such is the wonder of mind game and how complex the mind can become, with its sway over the body and shift in moods. Maybe it is just a dip in form, maybe it is the teams they are facing, or maybe it is a bit of humility that has slipped in. Whatever the case may be, the side needs to exercise their demons in these last two matches and prepare for the real matches that await them.
World Cup 40, 42, 43, 52, & 61 Champions
WC 47, 51, 94 (2nd), WC 34, 38, 39, 41, 44, 45, 53, 60, 67, 92 (3rd), WC 49, 58, 87, 90 (Semifinalist), WC 33, 35-37, 46, 48, 54, 55, 62, 63, 65, 72, 83, 85, 86, 88, 91 (Quarterfinalist)
WCoH VII, VIII, XVII, XXVIII, XXX, XXXII (1st), WCoH I, XXXI, XL (2nd), WCoH II, XXIX (3rd), WCoH XII (4th)
AOCAF 44, 46, 51, 53, 65, 68 Champions, AOCAF 39, 43, 55, 59, 64 Runners Up
Co-Hosted: too many events to count

EPL Season 20,073

I am that which I am and choose to be.

German American States
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby German American States » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:14 pm

A Golden Dawn

Kapitel Fuenf

Kurt was getting to like the Palace. The gothic building on the banks of the River Christiansen seemed to suit him nicely, all astute and strong. He had already discovered that the roof was a great place for seeing the constellations and relaxing. It also served as a promontory and lookout point. From here, Kurt could look over the capital. His capital.

There were also closets full of dress clothes and suits. Today, Kurt selected a simple white shirt, and black pants, suit coat, and tie. After all, today was the day of the former president's funeral. And Kurt was going to speak.

Kurt strolled through the halls down to the garage. Even inside the Palace, the President's Gaurd swarmed around him, speaking into their wrists, unemotionally focused. They were a chain on his ankle sometimes, but with the state of the country at the moment, Kurt needed them.

As they reached the garage, one of the suits opened up the backseat door to a black limo that Kurt had heard was bulletproof. Waiting in the back seat for him was the Meier. He was dressed in funeral attire as well, except he was wearing Kriegsmachen style sunglasses.

"What are you doing here?" Kurt asked accusingly. "We could get found out!"

"I'm here to advise you of course! This is one of the most critical moments of the entire plan.
Now, listen. You have to play dumb here. You know as much as I that we hired this assasin, and he did his job. You have to start riling the people up. The grand majority of people in this country really liked Kruger. You have to tap into that and call for justice. I have the speech here." Meier pulled into a briefcase sitting on the seat next to him, pulling out two pieces of paper. "That's your ammunition to fight our war."

After a while, the limo pulled up to St. Micheal's Cathedral in Althof. Kruger was Catholic like many German Americans, and this was the natural spot for his funeral. Kurt looked out the tinted windows to see a throng of media and cameramen forming a tight tunnel around the entrance to the Cathedral. Meier grabbed Kurt's shoulder as he was about to get out.

"Remember Kurt, don't screw this up."

Kurt nodded and went out to face the man he had killed.
IC: The Demokratik Republik of Rüntenbach
“Tendimus ad altiora”
Region:Esportiva Demonym: German American
Capital: Muenchewald Trigramme:RTB Population: 67 million
Ranked 30th in the world for football/soccer(KPB:23.11)
Order Adler Sport!(In HueD™)|National Map|Kit Directory/Discussion Thread|Sports Accomplishments|Wiki
"AND I JUST STARTED SWIMMING"-SJG

Pasarga
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 09, 2009
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Pasarga » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:18 pm

"Zenic, really? I just don't understand that... how is that even?"

"No idea mate, not a clue. I mean, they did win the Baptism of Fire, but ... geez they are not that good. At worst that should have been a draw and us securing the group, not a loss that still leaves a little wiggle room for Hutt River."

"This group should have been done and dusted two weeks ago, with the way that the Wanderers were playing in the first half of the playoffs. I mean they were perfect and had been putting in the goals at a records pace, it's like they are a whole other team this second half. There is just no way to understand it."

"I know man, I can even begin to try and guess as to what have may changed between now and then. There was a two week break, but surely that little gap did not have such a huge effect on their form. It is not like they have lost any players to injury of suspensions."

"I guess that is football for you."

"She can be a cruel game at the best of times, but even so."

"Just let it go mate, the side are in the playoffs and as long as the draw is not unkind, should be into the Finals once more."

"It is just so odd, to completely fall off the form they were in that way. Just simply unbelievable."

"Could be worse, they could have gone the way of Vilita or The Inevitable Syndicate."

"I guess. Maybe they have other things on their mind or something I don't know."

"Rushmore is in a bit of a state. Rumor has it that Soluca is pretty pissed off at Torgos right now."

"Well that's just great."

"Welcome to life and all of the drama it entails."

"And the impossibilities that become real."

Sameba
Attaché

Founded: Feb 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Sameba » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:24 pm

Cittàdifiango, Sameba

Cittàdifiango had never been a quiet city. Home to 540,000 people in a country ruled by a repressive government and with a sizable ethnic and political minority, it was always likely to be a hub of protest and discontent. Ever since the last major Euran-Sameban war over three decades ago, Cittàdifiango and the famed nearby city of Borkin had lost their status as proud settlements of South Sameba. Now they were part of the greater republic, whether they liked it or not. It was the job of Colonel Emile Gartanzo to make sure things stay that way; to quell the aforementioned discontent whenever, and wherever, it surfaced. Thousands had been dispersed just days earlier in the main square after days of protest led by unofficial unions, which had previously been banned of course.

Now Gartanzo's column of BMP's, tanks and armoured cars was assembled at the Getni Building, a massive fifty year old office complex made of concrete and old hazy brown glass. Hundreds of dissidents had taken over the building, and a handful in another building only a block away had traded fire with some Sameban troops. An armoured personnel carrier had been damaged by a mob. Now, Gartanzo had these pigs surrounded, and was negotiating with some protest leaders. They had been ordered to wait in a small gully by the highway which ran parallel to the office complex, all two or three dozen of them, while their leader talked to Gartanzo at the side of the road. They could all see the large army presence surrounding the complex, and closing off highway entrances to the area. The dissident leader was a short and unimpressive man compared to the tall and intimidating Gartanzo who was interrogating him. He was a brave man, but not a shrewd negotiator, and he was a fool for thinking he was doing himself any favours here.

'Colonel Gartanzo, you must understand, the extremists - I cannot account for them. We simply wished to demonstrate! We have no quarrel with the army.' Gartanzo shook his head and pulled a cigar out of his pocket. 'I cannot allow counter-republican activities. It undermines the fabric of the authority that it must sustain.'
'All we want is some space to...act out, you know? To give these people breathing space so they can talk rather than resort to violence, let out all their anger!'
'But they have already displayed behaviour contrary to the security interests of the people.'
'What? What behaviour? Your men threatened them! They were defending themselves!'
'You have provided no evidence to the contrary.'
'Oh you know what happened Colonel, come on! You've got to keep a closer eye on your troops, get a lid on-' Before the leader could finish, he felt a bullet rip through his kneecap from the Colonel's sidearm. The leader dropped to the ground and stifled the urge to scream despite the unbelievable pain he was in. He'd been tortured before; he could take this.

'Do not question my position again. I do what is best for the people, and the republic. You attack it with your lies and propaganda! You play into the hands of the Euran's, and the other foreign elements who wish to destroy us! Now, take this loudspeaker and give your people the order to disperse, or I will do it by force.' The dissident leader looked like he was in a great deal of pain and for a moment, continued to writhe on the ground. But then he mustered enough courage and strength to display some resistance. He spat at the feet of the Colonel, and delivered a scathing reply. 'Only the tyrant responds to the innocent man's plea with a bullet, Colonel. One day this will haunt you. Let our people be! They are as Sameban as any of you!' The Colonel seemed to hesitate and pause for thought as he stared down at the dissident leader, while the man's comrades watched on from the gully. Finally he responded. 'Corporal Gella?' A young man popped up behind the Colonel almost immediately. 'Yes sir, comrade Colonel?'
'Put the radio on.'
'Sir?
'The radio, put it on. Put it on the speakers on the vehicles.' The corporal vanished as he went to go and fulfill his commander's request. Finally it came on, and a certain commentary reel could be heard booming through the air.

'...and here is Dohi, he keeps going, time is almost up here in Aspel, can he find space in the box? No, the ball comes back to Dabix...'

'You speak of being as Sameban as I am, traitor. Let me tell you something.These men?' The Colonel pointed to his troops. 'And those men?' He then indicated towards the radio, and obviously Sameba's national football team by association. 'These men are the true patriots of Sameba. They are the men who will do us proud.'

'...Dabix uses his skill to bypass the Farf midfielder, he keeps going, Fox tries to tackle him but misses, the ball...wait hold on, its gone away, it's Carrera at the edge of the box...'

'Colonel, if these men knew you...they would never be willing to return the kind words.'

'...Carrera has nutmugged the defender, he's through...'

'Who cares? When they see the news, traitor...it is I who will come out favourably.

'...Carrera shoots...'

The Colonel raised his gun to the mans head. 'Fuck you, you fascist!'
'You were right about one thing, traitor. I do like to fall back on the bullet.'

'...SCORES, UNBELIEVABLE, SAMEBA HAVE BEATEN FARFADILLIS!'

The Colonel pulled the trigger, and the dissident leader's idealist worldview exited the back of his head with rather a lot of brain matter, flesh and smashed bone. Before his supporters could react and try to run, two flatbed trucks which had inconspicuously been parked at either end of the gully pulled off their weather covers off to reveal machine gun mounts and crew. They hosed down the protestors who had no cover and nowhere to run, cut down amidst screams and the chewing of bullets through body matter. One young woman desperately tried to pull out a makeshift homemade pistol and fire at the truck, but a .50 caliber round blew out half of her torso before she could even take aim. The Colonel didn't even blink as he walked down into the gully and finished off the few survivors with his pistol, before issuing a final order on his radio. 'The savages have opened fire on our security forces. All troops are to neutralise the threat, immediately.'

With that order, a cacophony of noise erupted as the tanks, BMP's and other vehicles opened fire on the office complex with 105mm and 30mm fire, an array of machine guns, rocket propelled grenades and mortars. The Colonel simply lit the cigar he had pulled out minutes earlier and watched with perverse pleasure.

Brenecia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Brenecia » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:34 pm

http://www.patriotsown.net.bre/schiavonia_away
ON THE ROAD - SCHIAVONIA vs PATRIOTS

What's up lads, and today I am actually bringing you this report from Schiavonia itself! "Harriet," my editor said, "stop making these reports down the pub because nobody wants to read that." That's right, this tatty website finally decided that maybe, maybe they should start shouting me plane tickets so's I don't have to go down to the local. And well, they sort of delivered. AO, Rushmore, within Esportiva or into the World Changers region. Which is fine by me.

My first actual trip 'on the road' as it were as opposed to 'down the road' aka to the pub was a pretty good one, and I've probably by now seen the majority of the population of Schiavonia. Which is fine by me, they're a pretty lovely group of people and made me feel briefly guilty for the invasion of mental Brenecians with flags painted on their faces. And yeah, invasion's the right word.

Get to the game and discover that no, the press wasn't lying, we outnumber the home crowd over five to one. Which makes me respect them for building a stadium big enough that their home support is constantly outnumbered. I decide I like Schiavonia and sort of want them to win the match, then realise that Brenecia could actually get back into the top three and decide, okay, they can win every match after this one. Lineup is pretty much the same, I know this during the warmups because Raynor looks kind of melancholy, so I take a picture. Both teams walk on and sing their anthems which is embarrassing because the Brenecian anthem is kind of gash but the game's off and oh shit they nearly scored.

Fortunately, they didn't score, as Jayce Pence had, unlike the ten dozy cunts wearing blue on the field, remembered she was playing a game of international football and saved the shot well, but christ we could've done without that. The lads go some way towards redeeming themselves after that, and yes, it's my boy Danny Snowden whose cross sets up an unmarked Kuepper for the volley and he kind of scuffs it but it's still 1-0 and we're sailling. We're sailing for exactly three minutes before Mortlock is outpaced by Blige, largely because Blige has operational legs, and the ball is squared neatly to Chester who stabs it in. Fuck.

I'm wondering whether we just really have a thing for drawing matches this cycle, and I'm still wondering when Belconnen gets in a tangle with a defender just outside the box, and the defender gets blamed for it which is a bit weird and it's my boy Snowden standing over the free kick and oh okay he steps aside and lets Camden take it and she scores, but still, it's a goal and I go mental and take off my shirt and start whirling it around my head only I stop when someone behind me starts wolf-whistling which is when I decide that Brenecians are cunts and deck him. Fortunately the stewards don't notice and I'm free to enjoy the rest of the game, which Brenecia has a narrow advantage in but the entire away support gets a heart attack every time a Schiavonian gets possession in our third which happens a lot, but our defence has a good day today when Mortlock isn't being slower than the proverbial deceased grandmother and we hold out, and holy shit we're third. We've not really felt third at any point, and it doesn't feel like we deserve it, but we've been strong recently and taken three draws from four matches against the top two which obviously most others around us haven't gotten. Still... we may not entirely deserve it, but that doesn't mean we aren't going to bite, punch and maim anyone who tries to take it away from us.
Puppet of Nephara.

Vilita
Minister

Founded: Feb 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Vilita » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:35 pm

PROTOTYPE BALLS CONTINUE TO SHIP OUT

After a slow start to distribution of the new prototype TCp-X1 ball from Tropicorp to the nations of Atlantian Oceania and the multiverse, things have begun to pick up and the Association Football Research & Development team at Tropicorp is officially overwhelmed by the task of delivering all the required prototype balls to their new destination.

After an initial order from the Northern Sunrise Island in far-away Esportiva, a pair of prototype requests from Kirisaki and Valanora were well received in the halls of Tropicorp, with the original intention of distributing the Balls throughout Atlantian Oceania finally being fulfilled.

Further steps along those lines were taken when a request came in from the LigAnaia for the TCp-X1 to be used in the upcoming season. Tropicorp employees put the high-visibility request to the front of the line with full priority, once again disgarding the unconfirmed inquiry from San Jose Guayabal

While Tropicorp remained committed to preparing shipments to nations and associations within Atlantian Oceania first and foremost, with the first steps ironed out for shipment to other regions, Tropicorp was welcoming when a second request came in from the Northern Sunrise Islands for another shipment, this time to cover the needs of the Junior Leagues in addition to the NSICA. The shipment was made easier when coupled with an order from the Yttribian Football Federation - a request that caught the eye of the shipping department due to the 'neat-o' logo on the letterhead in royal purple trim on the request documentation.

Despite the early orders, only 20% of the original production prototype balls have been distributed and Tropicorp officials continue to welcome new requests for prototype distribution for pre-release use prior to the multiverse wide retail release of the TCp-X1 in time for World Cup 69.

If your nation is interested in the use of Tropicorp's TCp-X1 Ball, please feel free to mention it in your RP's and/or send a TG to Vilita
-¤-¤-¤World Cup 20 Champions¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤World Cup 68 Champions¤-¤-¤-
-¤-¤-¤World Cup 77 Champions¤-¤-¤-

Region: Atlantian Oceania - The Home of Sport

Albaie
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Albaie » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:36 pm

The Road To The World Cup

Preparing The Team

Brigadier Lord Mark Deberen of Horseton

Arthur swept through the double doors flanked by Mark and " Lucky ". The three men looked round the decadent meeting room for a while before Arthur spoke. " I'll have the girls send them here when they arrive and if you need me i'll be in my office and Mark can you come down later so we can discuss about you getting an office I want to make a centralized control of football in this building. " Arthur said quickly going through his ideas.
" Emh yeah sure i'll be down in about an hour or two and thanks. " Mark replied and Arthur nodded to " Lucky " who returned the nod then the man who had recently re assumed his roles as General Head Director of the Albaie Football Association and as he stepped out of the room Mark heard the group of workers and members of the AFA begin the all familiar bark after Arthur had announced his plans to reform the Imperial Leagues and get them back up and running as soon as the war stopped.
" Why don't I get an office then ? " " Lucky " said in a half moany half jokey way.
" Cause your a hopeless sot. " Mark replied and the two laughed until " Lucky " grimaced and clutched at his wound. " Still bad ? " He asked deliberately.
" No no i'm not I was ran through with a rapier only a week ago. " " Lucky " began ranting until he looked at Mark and saw his smirk and then just grumbled as Mark chuckled. Mark looked round the room at the amazing gold gild chandelier encrusted with rubies then his eyes caught the stunning Persian rug that covered the floor while on the walls hung astounding paintings in beautiful frames. One painting caught his eye in particular. The painting showed what he assumed was Saint Leif brandishing the Sword of Dubrack which if he remembered from his history classes was known as Heathenbiter in his reign. Heathenbiter was glowing with the light of God as the heathens coming to kill Saint Ruk were being blinded and laying down their arms while in the distance what he guessed was Saint Ruk was leading a charge of angels into the enemy rear. The picture was so bright around the men of Dubrack's lands while the heathens were so dark and Mark felt it reflected the attitude of Albaie from all time where they believed they were so perfect and that anyone else is a dirty disgusting animal.

" Well if it isn't the hero of Gertun and his wounded lap dog. " Mark heard the all too familiar voice and spun round to see the young officer clad all in black with that all so familiar cloak emblazoned with the oh so familiar coat of arms standing there proudly upright his hand on his sword and his eyes and mouth flashing charm and charisma.
" Vincent it's good to have you back. " Mark said and his brother walked over to him and shook his hand then walked over to " Lucky " who was fuming with his mouth wide open.
" It's okay boy you can put your tongue away. " Vincent joked as he pushed " Lucky's " bottom jaw back up laughing as he did it.
" If you weren't playing for this team or a Deberen i'd have broken you by now. " " Lucky said but Vincent stayed smiling as he looked at the huge man.
" I know so I may as well take advantage of the fact I can do it. " Vincent said and all three of them laughed.
" So brother looks like the wars ending and life will go back to normal hey. " Mark said but his brother's smile vanished.
" Life will never be the same for us. " Vincent replied bluntly.
" Of course it will there will be no more war the Emperor will propose peace terms and the Empire will reform and all will be good. " Mark replied putting on a anxious smile.
" No it really won't just look at Michael he's a Duke, a Field Marshall, Head of the 1st Legion and Govenor of Newfoundland. Look at you you are not just a assistant manager you're a Lord, a Brigadier and a vaunted war hero and me i'm now one of the most respected soldiers in our army we have gone from being well known because of Dad to each of us being as big as Dad and that's dangerous. People will be looking at us as a family now not just some County family but we are a big landowner now we have more than a single vote in the Open Council and that makes us a problem to some and a benefit to others. We will be courted by many of the factions and we may see a rise in crime round our estates and our interests so we better prepare. " Vincent said his face quickly going grim.
" No noble would ever attack a fellow noble. " "Lucky" said calmly and both brothers frowned at him.
" "Lucky" don't be so naive. " Mark said and "Lucky" looked down at his feet.
" And you want to seem like less of a lapdog. " Vincent said bluntly and "Lucky" gave him a scowl. " Look the other lads will be here soon so let's be quiet and reconvene this conversation when we next see Michael. " Vincent finished and as if it was part of the script the three Werek's walked in and just as usual Ben led the triplets and he walked in with his usual swagger but in the bright blue of the 7th Imperial Hussars with the bright yellow facings and the baggy black trousers tucked into his knee high boots and upon his head a bicorne topped with a peacock feather. Every part of Ben's and the other two's uniforms was fringed with gold lace and the three of them were the picture of martial glory and the brilliance of the up and coming young military officers of Albaie.
" Mark it's great to be back. " Ben said beaming from ear to ear as he shook Mark's hand then turned and him and Vincent shared the wide smile and gave each other a bear hug then as " Lucky " stood there looking down at the young men and then Ben mock punched him and the two shared a smile and shook hands.
" Everyone should be here shortly so get a seat and do you want anything. " Mark said walking over to the drinks cabinet.

2 hours later

Mark looked round at the table where the players of his team were sharing drinks, jokes and stories. Mark shared a look with " Lucky " and they both smiled as he looked at how well the team were bonding again after the war. If Mark could take any team anywhere in international football it would be this team he just hoped they were as skilled and talented as before the war or at least at a level from which he could get them back to that level. Some sound caught Mark's ear. He looked up to see what was making that sound that seemed distant but was still loud enough to be picked up. Mark couldn't hear it so he got back to listening to Ben Werek telling a story about one of the charges he had undertaken. There was the sound again and Mark looked back up and so did most of the men even Werek. The sound seemed to be gathering and was now clear.
" That's the bells. " Robert Werek said rising to his feet.
" You know what that means ... " Started Alex Whitetree before a man in a AFA suit burst through the door.
" The war is over they signed a truce. " He roared and the men round the table lept to their feet roaring in celebration and Mark thought what a great way to be heading into a World Cup.
Emperor Michael II Dubrack Dubracksson his most catholic majesty, the papal gentlemen, Crusher of the Republic. Emperor of Albaie islands, New Albaie, Rutenburg, Petrelle, Dubracksland-Newfoundland, Leifson-Newfoundland, Dubracksland, Firecount, Wetern, Retu, Tere, Ilop, Yerekn, Tenke and Hurte.
Crown Prince Dubrack Dubrack Dubracksson
Rated AAA by InterHoh Orginzation
King of the Nationstates Loyalist Resistance Army
Embassy Thread

Farfadillis
Minister

Founded: Feb 26, 2012
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Farfadillis » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:38 pm

Is it that time of the World Cup cycle again? Of course it is. It's the time when we royally screw up and put ourselves in an unnecessary uncomfortable position for no apparent reason whatsoever. I think I mentioned something about us liking short tournaments the most. If I did, I stand by that. Seriously, why do we fuck up like this? Oh, we're facing the last two remotely important matches of the qualifiers? Let's miss out on five points on the way there. And you know what? Let's add a tie after that!

It makes no sense. Ugh. Blargh. I mean, Cosumar and Sameba are two good teams and they've done really well, for sure exceeding my expectations but... I don't know, I just feel we could've avoided all this. Tying in here against Cosumar, though we may have our excuses, was all our fault. "Oh but we didn't have Risko and Terán!" So what? We were still at our element, and our players - renowned for having won uhmm... I don't know, the AOCAF Cup? - were still not up to the task. Sure, Cosumar was probably the toughest challenge we had to face, considering how Boring Paradise has let down everyone so far. Still, scoring no goals is unforgivable.

But failing to score two times in a row? I'm almost one hundred percent sure this is the first time it's happened since we first qualified for the World Cup. This is terrible, simply terrible. And this was not a "Polar Islandstates shut us out!" which would not be as terrible (though terrible anyway, as no team should shut us out if our only reason for existence is to score goals!). This time, it was a team that used to be pretty good and a team that - and we should know with this having been our sixth match against them - well, was actually pretty bad. I still don't get it.

And then, then we draw against Catholican Catholica! Sure, Cosumar couldn't help it when they visited them, but still! I never heard of those guys before! Why are we fucking up so tremendously? To make matters worse, it was only thanks to Boring Paradise tying with Sameba that we managed to hang onto our spot in the top of the table. Oh, had we won, we'd be two points clear and you'd be able to read what my stoic self would've liked me to write. But no, we just had to fuck it up.

With those seven points, which I believe is what we should've gotten from those matches considering how the world now regards us as a very good team, we'd have already mathematically topped the group. We have still got the advantage, as Sameba and Cosumar have yet to face each other, and we have to beat the third and second worst teams of the qualifiers ranking-wise. Neither look particularly difficult. This makes it all that more worrying. How much can we fuck up? Can we pull off an East Shippensburg once again? Let's not forget that World Cup 60 and 64 were two very big let downs. We're now in World Cup 68. I'm starting to notice a pattern. I just hope we can shake these Samebans off for once. I'm trusting you Cosumarites! Just lend us a hand now!

The Eurans should've nuked those Samebans long ago...
The Outlandish Lands of Farfadillis Ӿ Population: 20,814,000 ± 11,186,000
Capital: not applicable Ӿ Demonym: Farf, plural Farves
Shango-Fogoa Premier League (wiki) Ӿ Farfadillis national football team Ӿ Map of Farfadillis Ӿ Name Generator

Champions: World Cup 84 and AOCAF Cups 43, 48 and 57
Hosts: World Cups 85 and 91, Baptisms of Fire 54, 68 and 78 and AOCAF Cups 38, 60 and 67

Carialus
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Carialus » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:53 pm

War Torn
Part 13

Deala Invasion Beach-

The allied counterattack had hit a mighty blow on the Carialite invasion army. However, the troops of Carialus had survived the battle and were proud of it. Now in only three days, the occupation army of 200,000 would move in and sweep across Deala. Then Deala would be annexed into Carialus, or at least that was the plan.

After the counterattack, the Carialite troops had quickly dug in and waited for another attack. That attack never came, so the troops then looked for wounded. Due to the delay in medical treatment, many flesh wounds that could have been easily closed up had bled out resulting in many deaths from blood loss. However, the Carialites were able to recover 20,000 wounded and 15,000 wounded allied forces. Sadly, 25,000 Carialite soldiers were counted dead and 20,000 allied forces had died. With a total of 45,000 dead, the counterattack had been the deadliest battle to date in the war. Now, 25,000 soldiers of Carialus stood and defended the makeshift harbor from which 200,000 soldiers would soon poor from.

Now, the 25,000 dug in even more and waited until help would arrive or another attack would come. During this time, the troops decided to start naming battles. For the first battle, which took part in the sea, the troops named it the the Battle of Debuts, meaning Battle of Beginnings in French. For the invasion, they called it the Battle of Sable Volant, meaning the Battle of Flying Sand. Lastly, for the counterattack, the soldiers agreed on the name the Sombre Battle, meaning the Dark Battle. With names settled, the soldiers waited in their trenches, uncertain if the future would bring joy or death.
Puppet of Chiata
Join Esportiva if you like sports.
KPB Rank: 56
Runner Cup Two Champion

Turori
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 03, 2004
Democratic Socialists

Postby Turori » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:56 pm

Eels In Charge
Turori 4-0 Taijan

The Turori Eels arrived in Taijan to very little fanfare. No Customs. No Border Patrol. Nothing.

There was no sign of any form of government or organization.

It wasn't chaos. It wasn't anarchy. It was just - not normal. It was as if the entire government had packed up and left town, leaving the people to fend for themselves.

Luckily for the Turori National Team, the Taijan National Football Team was still around and many of the fans still showed up to watch the match. Tickets weren't taken and the stands were not full, but there were fans. There were referees and there was a game.

It was lucky for the Turori National Team because they were on a roll. After a 3-0 win over The greater Vakolicci Haven and a 4-0 win over Arbeitsgemeinschaft Alpenlander the Turori Eels were riding a wave of momentum far from the norm for the typically defense-minded Eels. The wave wasn't going to break in Taijan either.

Inamara Altariiz opened the scoring and Liinai Zakazaka, the experienced Jlinal Cove FC forward scored his 62nd career international goal leading all Turorian players in the modern era, giving Turori a 2-0 lead at the half.

It didn't seem to be much of a dissapointment to the fans of Taijan. They didn't expect much from the match going into it. They had bigger concerns of their own - their country sort of having the rug pulled out from under it. Who knows how long it would take for simple infrastructures to stop failing. Would a new government rise up to take the place of the old one? It was an odd situation and the Football Match simply offered a distraction. An opportunity to see a game of sport, players representing them against players representing something they didn't have - order and control on a national level.

The Eels would add two more goals in the second half, one from Rikko Rawaii and a second from Raso Tareak to complete their second consecutive 4-0 victory as the Eels continued to lead Group 16, hoping to hold on to the top spot and sneak into the upper half of the first round playoff draw for a chance at a place in the World Cup 68 finals in Legalese and the Free Republics.

Turori Goalscorers::
29' Inamari Altariiz
39' Liinai Zakazaka
79' Rikko Rawaii
88' Raso Tareak

Turori

Best Player: Oani Moralziia
Worst Player: Rutaj Ranaso
Shots on Target: 6
Corner Kicks: 4

Turori Eels Lineup v. Taijan ::
[GK] Mumau Atla-Siioai, [D] Tarek Edgeli, [D] Dmitri Levada, [D] Oani Moralziia, [UT] Klaillal Tuirma, [ML] Cediici Tzatzos, [MC] Rikko Rawaii, [MC] Rutaj Ranaso, [MR] Raso Tareak, [FC] Liinai Zakazaka, [FC] Inamari Altariiz
BENCH::
[FC] Anuh Ciniima, [FC] Mirana Gotuai, [M] Tiika Diirotora, [M] Teliima Loinara, [UT] Lioniaa Tana, [D] Geafi Laina-Sola, [GK] Sharif Deniibo

Turori Substitutions::
(64) - Cediici Tzatzos >>> Tiika Diirotora
(66) - Tarek Edgeli >>> Lioniaa Tana

<Silexhera> Why does Turori make sense? :p

Kinitaria
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kinitaria » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:57 pm

Kinitaria might be in social and political turmoil, but that doesn't diminish the importance of match day at the Central Stadium, in Mi'ato. Kinitaria were set to take on Armakistan in one of those crucial World Cup qualifying matches, on the kind of night that is very easily romanticised by starry-eyed nostalgics some twenty years down the line. But Kinitaria had to focus on the present, in which the visitors had stunned everyone by holding onto second place in the group despite being clear outsiders at the start of qualifying. For Melody Pond's side, though, this was a vital opportunity to take that second spot for themselves, and boost their chances going into the playoff round.

Following a mysterious absence that had gone unexplained to the public in Kinitaria, Melody Pond was taking charge of her first game since her team tore apart Electrum at home in the first half of qualification. Never one to slack off, she had immediately set about making sure the squad was ready and raring to go for this one. She had especially impressed on her players the need to make a bright start and take the game to Armakistan in the early stages, making the claim that their opponents were in a 'false position' in the table.

"They'll want other teams to be afraid of them," she'd told them just ahead of the match. "They're a good team, and they've got a couple of good results, but they've also got a couple of lucky results. Their rank doesn't lie, and you lot are much better than them. If you all play like I know you can, we should turn them over. Show the seventy thousand fans waiting for you out there how you can all really play and we'll be alright."

A fierce atmosphere was waiting to greet the teams as they emerged from the tunnel. It was encouraging to see that the turbulent past few weeks in Kinitaria had not dented the fans' appetite for football. In stark contrast to the discord that had been apparent on the streets of Mi'ato, even just a few hundred yards from this cathedral of sport, the pre-match rituals were observed flawlessly, with 70,000 home fans joining in the Kinitar national anthem in a perfect display of unity - and also the odd section of jeering for the Armakistani anthem.

Melody had expected a bright start from her team, and she got it in the opening couple of minutes. Zenel Halil took the ball to the byline and crossed for Navra Kulisev to head home. The Central Stadium rose as one to acclaim the goal, but their celebrations were cut short by the linesman's flag. Apparently, Halil had strayed just out of bounds before making the cross - the linesman seemingly being the only person inside the stadium who'd picked up on that. A fresh round of booing greeted the officials as Greg Daniels prepared to take the goal kick.

The irritation of the hosts continued to grow when Virne Limcič looked to be cut down in the penalty area, but the referee, who was practically on top of the incident, merely waved play on. Milo Serinev, the opinionated coach, rose from the bench to express his thoughts very concisely, and earned a stern rebuke from the fourth official for his trouble. But it was all smiles a few short minutes later, Samuel Costica slamming in a low shot from just outside the area to give Kinitaria the lead.

The blue shirts continued to swarm forward, and could count themselves unlucky not to go further in front when Malen Elkinič cut inside and sent a screaming effort flashing just past the post. Armakistan were struggling to make any chances for themselves, but would find themselves gifted an opportunity when Edward Appleby toppled under pressure from Birka Sulemcev in the box. It was very hard to see where any contact was made, but much to the fury of the Kinitar bench, the referee pointed to the spot. Their aggravation got even worse when he produced a straight red card for Sulemcev, and just to cap things off, Nick Kelly converted the penalty low to Alčer's right.

Despite being reduced to ten men, Kinitaria approached the match with a renewed spirit, and could have restored their advantage as Limcič got on the end of a long ball upfield, only to be dubiously flagged offside when he would have been clear on goal. There were no doubts about the second goal when it did come, however. Sergiu Vacarestič, still a wonderfully skilful player despite his advancing years, cut inside Hanson on the edge of the box and fired in a beautiful curling effort that Daniels was never going to get anywhere near.

The loss of a man didn't seem to impact on the dominance that Kinitaria had previously enjoyed. Armakistan were pinned back in their own half for much of the remainder of the opening period, but a couple of very soft yellow cards - for David Topol and Ciprian Marin - only served to increase the hostility being directed at the match official from the home crowd. With the blue shirts once more well on top of the game, the whistle went for half-time, allowing the players to retreat to the sanctuary of their respective dressing rooms.

The only thing Melody Pond had to say about the red card at half-time was, "we'll be appealing that, don't you worry." She neglected to say anything else regarding the standard of officiating on offer, merely making the point that, on another day, they would easily have been 4-0 up by half-time, and with 11 men on the field. "But we have to work with what we've been given," she reminded her squad, "and that's not the best situation we've ever found ourselves in, but we're well on top, playing good football, and most importantly - we're ahead, so more of the same. Keep up what you're doing. Put them under a bit more pressure - but for goodness' sake, don't give any excuse for picking up any more cards!"

Given that the tradition in Kinitar football is for a physical, no-nonsense approach to the game, trying to keep the amount of cards down was always going to be an optimistic goal. Malen Elkinič was next to enter the book after just a couple of minutes of the second half, although he furiously protested that he hadn't touched James Darling, who was now rolling around on the floor. Fortunately for Elkinič, a couple of his team-mates had the presence of mind to urge him away from the referee before he got himself into even more trouble.

Kinitaria's continued dominance made it seem like they were the only team likely to score soon, and David Topol crashed an effort against the bar with the visitors being forced to sit deeper and deeper. Nick Kelly in particular was looking isolated up front, with Armakistan not even getting the opportunities to throw players upfield. Navra Kulisev, who should have had a perfectly legal goal in the first half, soon doubled Kinitaria's advantage as he burst through the centre and smashed a powerful shot into the back of the net from 15 yards.

That goal should realistically have put the match beyond Armakistan, but although they had been pressed back 40 yards from their own goal for much of the match, the visitors deserved a lot of credit for their perseverance. They steadfastly refused to give up, and put in a fantastic defensive effort without which the margin would have been much wider - they were in the top three for a reason, after all. They had a glimmer of hope with 25 minutes to go through Martin Bucklebury, who collected the ball 20 yards out and stroked a fine effort past Alčer in the Kinitar goal. As one, the Kinitaria defence and bench appealed for offside, as the Armakistan striker had looked about five yards clear of the defence, but the referee ignored the protests and the goal stood.

It meant that the game was a lot more nervy than the hosts would have liked from that point on, because there was a concern that the ball might end up in the back of the net at any point that Armakistan managed to get it upfield. Edward Appleby had Alčer worried with a driven free-kick, but the ball sailed wide by the margin of a lick of paint. Melody Pond made some changes, introducing Kovra Mircič for Ciprian Marin, who was on a yellow card, and also releasing Vilo Mulkanov onto the pitch in place of Elkinič.

The changes were just the shake-up Kinitaria needed to prevent them from becoming too assured of themselves. Mircič's presence was perfect in shoring up the defence, and the resilience and skill of Mulkanov was a key part in restoring Kinitaria's dominance in terms of territory. As time ebbed away and the game was, once more, being played largely in the visitors' half, Kulisev sealed the victory with an acrobatic half-volley that flew just past the despairing Daniels and gave the hosts a massive sense of relief.

There was still time for one more twist in the tale. Topol and Bucklebury got into a perfectly innocent tangle on the right wing as the two players looked to chase a loose ball. The referee made the decision to issue Topol his second yellow card of the game, meaning that Kinitaria would finish with nine men. Melody Pond was livid and communicated her feelings in no uncertain terms, following which she was sent to the stands, to the disbelief of the home crowd.

There was hardly any time left in the game, and Armakistan were only able to fashion one decent chance in the time that remained, Bucklebury slicing a promising cross over the bar. Soon after, time was called on the game. Kinitaria had achieved a vital win in their hunt to qualify for the finals, but at the cost of missing two key players, and possibly their manager, for the run-in. As could only be expected, the match officials departed the field with the full-blooded wrath of the home fans ringing in their ears.

The Kinitar Football Federation have since confirmed that they will be appealing both red cards, as well as any punishment handed out to their manager. Following the game, Melody Pond said in her mandatory media interview that "the standard of officiating out there was absolutely disgraceful. I know that I might well get into trouble for saying that, but it has to be said. That referee should never be given the chance to take charge of another match, especially one of such importance. I'm tempted to play Birka [Sulemcev] next game, regardless of the decision that's made, because a red card for that is an absolute disgrace. We're going to demand an enquiry into some of the decisions that have been made today."
Technocratic State of Kinitaria | capital: Mi'ato | RP population: 145 million | demonym: Kinitar
trigramme: KIN | colours: blue and yellow | languages: Kinitar (de facto) and English | island nation | MT
Weather in Mi'ato | Litora | Serenberg

Economic Left/Right: -5.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.26

Champions: Baptism of Fire 47 | Hosts: Baptism of Fire 52 (with Legalese), Cup of Harmony 60 (with Kazamatsuri), AOCAF 43

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports