NATION

PASSWORD

WorldVision Song Contest 31 | IC/Contest Thread

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Russadonia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

WorldVision Song Contest 31 | IC/Contest Thread

Postby Russadonia » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:17 am

Welcome to Celeste!
OOC Thread

As locals and tourists alike flood the HarborWalk leading up to Amethyst Harbor Stadium for the parade of nations, music begins to play. Each nation has prepared their float and the crowd is gathering in high excitement for the procession to begin. The parade terminus is at the green park in front of the stadium, where many nations have set up booths and pavilions where spectators and festival goers can learn about the participant nations, buy local food and fare from each and often times meet the artists. Television cameras from dozens of international networks are everywhere, capturing footage of the events and reporting everything back to their home audiences. It is a sunny day and the temperature has evened out at 74 degrees Fahrenheit, making the day comfortable for everyone.

CATAlert!: The Amethyst/HarborWalk light rail will be closed from 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM for the parade. All visitors are advised to find an alternate route to the parade.

Russadonia
The sides of the Russadonian float is covered in blue, purple, black, and white flowers, the national colors. On top of the float is this year's representatives from Russadonia, Metaxas as well as the host, Tristan Vance. Behind them is a banner which has a picture of a set of eyes, the banner is black and white, save for the giant eyes. One is blue and one is brown, reflecting this years song, "Heterochromia". They are waving ecstatically at the crowds and throwing beads with owl pendants to the onlookers.

New Warwick
The Warwickian float looks like a giant party, with flashing lights, club music, and people dancing in a clump. Annika X and Kellen Walsh, NWTV's WorldVision commentators, stand at the front, waving and throwing small plastic bottles of whiskey to the crowd. On the back of the float, two teams of three people slingshot t-shirts with the slogan "I survived when New Warwick's float went past" on the front, and "...and if I didn't, bury me in this shirt as a badge of honor." Perhaps some more thought should have gone into the shirts; the print is very small.

Luziyca
It will be a large bald eagle (inflated, of course), with some people wearing white, green and blue waving Luziycan flags, while others carry signs promoting Luziyca as the leader of the free world. Behind the eagle is a Hummer, and obese people are seen eating fast food.

Gregoryisgodistan
We will have a large float with a giant Gregoryisgodistani flag in the background and two life size statues of Lord Almighty Gregory, one on either end. Everyone on the float will be continuously bowing down to them, except for one person who will be throwing wallet-sized photos of Lord Almighty Gregory wrapped in protective wrapping.

The floats pull up to their designated national pavilion area on the green to continue the festival until the contest begins.

Russadonia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Russadonia » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:19 am

The stadium is completely dark. A countdown appears on screen. When the clock reaches 20 seconds, an announcer begins to voice the preparations for a space liftoff. When the clock reaches twenty, he begins to count out loud. Using the LED lights in the audience, a bright yellow number sweeps around the stadium to coincide with the count. The crowd begins to cheer louder.

When the countdown ends, a video of a Russadonian space shuttle begins to launch on the screen. The audience lights show a bright blue sky, then breaks through the atmosphere and finally stars passing by quickly. The whole stadium looks as if it is floating through space. The video on the main screen shows the shuttle floating above the planet. Slow techno music is playing. A quiet ambient beat surrounds the stadium. The shuttle is shown docking with the "Russadonia Space Station Polaris."

A live feed from inside the space station begins. An astronaut is visible floating around. He begins to speak.

"This is Astronaut Gregory Faust floating 230 miles above the planet. It is my pleasure to welcome you to my hometown of Celeste for this wonderful event! Please seat back and enjoy your interstellar journey of Universal Harmony and music. I declare WorldVision 31 open!

He is grinning and waving. The screen cuts to black and music begins to play. The stage is flashing pink with the beat of the song. The audience is bathed in a blue which ripples outwards based on the lights of the stage, creating a wave effect. The group Ionica appears from either side of the stage and runs towards each other in the middle and begins to sing their international hit, "I hate you."

I brought myself to you when I thought you were gone.
I dumped you on the side when you were down
I keyed your car, I smashed your glass, I thought we were done.

The girls are skipping and dancing around the stage. The lights that make up the stage begin to flash in different colors. First in red, then orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, purple, pink to match the beat. The audience lights do the same. They continue to match the beat of the song.

I don't care, I hate you.
I don't care.

Sixteen Aerial Dancers descend from the ceiling in a circle around the stadium, they hover hundreds of feet above the audience. Each one has ribbons in different colors. They begin to dance, swing and flow in a fast paced manner, along with the music. They ascend and descend, wrapping themselves and unwrapping in a mystical and graceful dance in the air. The crowd begins to cheer.

The girls are still singing and dancing in their trademark fast-paced patterns, moving across the stage, back and forth in an unorganized manner.

I don't care.

A fountain of sparks begins to shoot inwards from the sides of the stage, while numerous pillars of flames light up directly in front of the back screen.

You know your someone else, you've lost the way
You need me in your craze, I don't what to say
You're such a damn tease, you're like a wicked witch
You're a has-been dick, I'm a modern bitch

I hate you!
I hate you!

A giant globe that has been hanging in the center of the stadium lights up and descends. Dancers are running around the outside of it, appearing to defy gravity, they do flips and twists along the beat. The audience has turned into a rotating, brightly colored galaxy with the globe as the center.

I don't care, I hate you, I hate you.
I don't care, I hate it.
I don't care.

You know your someone else, you've lost the way
You need me in your craze, I don't what to say
You're such a damn tease, you're like a wicked witch
You're a has-been dick, I'm a modern bitch

I don't care.
I hate you.

The singers make their way to the center of the island in front of the stage. They put their hands up as the song ends and a circle of sparks surrounds them. The screens and audience goes completely black again. The singers run quickly off stage.

The host, Tristan Vance appears on stage. Spotlights bathe the stage in white. He smiles and waves at the audience, looking around the stadium. The screen shows a close up of his face.

He begins to speak
"Hello Celeste, hello WorldVision. I am so very happy to host this year's edition in my hometown as well, the largest city in Russadonia! I hope that everyone has enjoyed today's festivities and celebrations. So please, wave your flags high, cheer loud for your favorite nation and remember to embrace each other in Universal Harmony. Let the music begin!"

The stage is very large, with a curved catwalk and an island in the audience. Every surface of the stage is programmable LEDs which can show any color. There is a large screen behind the stage and an arch of triangles which passes over it. The audience is also covered in LED lights which can be programmed and turns the audience into a giant immersive screen as well.

Lymantatia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 13, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Lymantatia » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:17 pm

1. Lymantatia - Croyez! - DIVA
Melody: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp8uAxBW-Dk
DIVA is a band with DANAE (wearing a white dress studded with feathers), Isabella Marquez (wearing a black dress studded with diamonds), Victoria Leonardi and Angelica Davis.

DANAE goes on stage and gives a speech:
Hello and good morning, everyone! I am Danae DeLamielleure, Lymantatia's WorldVision representative since WorldVision 22. I like being in WorldVision, I really do, and I can never deny it. But there is something you have to know, and it's... (two second pause)
I am ending my solo career and my WorldVision career.

This has been fun and all, but I have been overdoing the WorldVision thing my whole life, so I must retire without a choice. I promise I will be within the hearts of millions.

After the speech, the music starts and DANAE and Isabella walk in.

Avec un œil neuf, ils sont au nombre de neuf
La coquille est comme un œuf

Elk woord van mij zal uit mijn mond komen, en ik ga met je mee.
Croyez-vous!

Je suis comme un arc en ciel de lumière du jour.
Ik ben als een donkere schaduw van de nacht.

Ensemble...
Worden ze...
Gelijke Balans!

Croyez, ma ami!
J'atteins le soleil jaune.
Er is een maan met wit licht dat is niet echt totale duisternis.

Le soleil haut...
De lage maan...
...est midi
...is middernacht

Soleil et lune te creëren balans

DANAE and Isabelle switch sides.

De kers bloemen bloeien tijdens het ochtendgloren
Het is mijn favoriete tijd van de dag

Les belles roses roses brillent dans nos cœurs
Il me donne un mot

Croyez-vous!

Elke kers is zeer authentiek
Chaque rose est très romantique
Er is nu...
Un miroir...
Réflexion Identique!

Croyez, ma ami!
Je suis l'un avec une rose!
Er is een roze kers bloem dat is niet echt de totale schoonheid!

De kers is...
La rose est...
...antiek
...béatitude

Samen, ze zijn à la fois des fleurs

DANAE, Isabelle, Victoria and Angelica do acrobatics.

Croyez, ma ami!
J'atteins le soleil jaune.
Er is een maan met wit licht dat is niet echt totale duisternis.

Le soleil haut...
De lage maan...
...est midi
...is middernacht

Soleil et lune te creëren balans

De kers is...
La rose est...
...antiek
...béatitude

Samen, ze zijn à la fois des fleurs

Just when the music ends, DANAE and Isabelle jump at the same time.

People make applause and chant "Tu nous manqueras, DANAE". DANAE says "Adieu à WorldVision!"

DANAE and Isabelle take their leave along with Victoria and Angelica.
Last edited by Lymantatia on Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Baptism of Fire 44 Round of 16, de facto retired.

Dutzenderland
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Dutzenderland » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:18 pm

2. Dutzenderland - Reika Kan'na (神流 麗華) by Emiri Miyauchi (宮内英美里)
Tune: Diva by Dana International
Emiri Miyauchi appears on stage, the lights become blue and navy, and the music starts playing.

花は嵐に咲く
光明は輝く
君を探すだろう
だけ明日に走ろう

私は姫の涙
あなたは風の涙
桜が上がる

キラキララ 鳴るザクラ 青い花
君の歌 ラララララ 神流 麗華

あなたは夢見るか
希望を信じるか

私は姫の鏡
あなたは風の鏡
桜が上がる

キラキララ 鳴るザクラ 青い花
君の歌 ラララララ 神流 麗華
キラキララ 鳴るザクラ 青い花
君の歌 ラララララ 神流 麗華

キララ キララ 神流 麗華

キラキララ 鳴るザクラ 青い花
君の歌 ラララララ 神流 麗華
キラキララ 鳴るザクラ 青い花
君の歌 ラララララ 歌

Hana wa arashi ni saku
Koumei wa kagayaku
Kimi wa sagasu darou
Dake asu ni hashirou

Watashi wa hime no namida
Anata wa kaze no namida
Sakura wa agaru

Kirakirara Naru sakura Aoihana
Kimi no uta Rarararara Kanna Reika

Anata wa yumemiru ka
Kibou wo shinjiru ka

Watashi wa hime no kagami
Anata wa kaze no kagami
Sakura wa agaru

Kirara Kirara Kan'na Reika

Kimi no uta Rarararara Uta

The flower blooms inside the storm
The brightness shines
You would have been found
But yesterday, you ran.

I am the princess's tears
You are the wind's tears
The cherry blossom rises

Glittering, Echoing cherry, Blue flower
Your song, La La La La La, Reika Kan'na

Am I dreaming?
Am I believing hope?

I am the princess's mirror
You are the wind's mirror
The cherry blossom rises

Glittering, Glittering, Reika Kan'na

Your song, La La La La La, a song

The lights are back to normal. Everyone cheers for them, Emiri Miyauchi says "Arigatō min'na! Emily-chan watashi o yobidasu!"

Note: Emiri Miyauchi is like Aya Ikeda (voice, looks, talent, etc.)
Last edited by Dutzenderland on Sun May 11, 2014 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

United Regions of Verona
Minister

Founded: Dec 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby United Regions of Verona » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:43 pm

3- United Regions of Verona

Song - Kovoko - to the tune of Kedvesem by ByeAlex

Vektor, Maria and Kojo ran onto the stage. Kojo sat down on the stool on the stage.

The lights went off, and the lights on the stage began to flash red, green and blue. On the large screen is a map of Verona, where it is moving around while zoomed.

Blue tinted smoke began to rise for the song.

Vektor and Maria began to sing.

Kivono ji yuk kojak o?
Kojak o haj kosk sajo loi ja kinz!

Kivono ji yuk kojak o?

Comrade! Comrade! Comrade!

Follow me for the glory of our nation, oh please follow me comrade!

Our Supreme Leader will be proud! He most definitely will! Follow me now comrade, and we will have eternal honour!

Kivono ji yuk kojak o?

Kivono ji yuk kojak o?

We shall lead Unova into glory and honour and wealth! Follow me quickly comrade, and fetch the Supreme Leader! Fetch your family! For this is the moment. Follow me quickly comrade, follow me quickly

Glory to Unova! Glory to me! Glory to the Supreme Leader! Glory to you, comrade!

Kivono ji yuk kojak o?

Kivono ji yuk kojak o?

Lets go quickly, and glide to the border. We shall go as quick as the wind, comrade!

Now, comrade and Supreme Leader, we have made it. We have done it. We have become united with Verona. Glory to us, comrades.

Kivono ji yuk kojak o?

Kivono ji yuk kojak o?

I have a feeling…. Is it Kovoko? It is Kovoko. Little child, Kovoko means united. Kovoko Verona is here dear child, dear comrade, and former Supreme Leader.

Goodbye comrades, goodbye.

Kivono ji yuk kojak o?

Kivono ji yuk kojak o?

My dearest, have you read it in the paper?
To help fight the war, we in Scresan uniting with 14 other regions today!
Kovoko Verona they call it…. It appears another Kovoko Verona has formed
in the north, to fight us!

Kivono ji yuk kojak o?

Kivono ji yuk kojak o?

Come on wife, we are to help lead Furio into the Republic of Verona, the northern Kovoko Verona. Come on, quickly, we must win the war! Get the Supreme Chairman and we shall lead Furio to a new Kovoko Verona, a communist Kovoko Verona!

Kivono ji yuk kojak o?

Kivono ji yuk kojak o?

Now it's time dear….. Its been 20 years. Its time for the Northern and Southern Kovoko Verona to really become kovoko……

Are you ready now dear?
Now I am ready my dearest, for sure!

Are you ready now dear?
Now I am ready my dearest, for sure!

The song went by slowly, and all the while the guitar part was played by Kojo.

Once it ended, they all bowed, shouting "Thank you Russadonia!", before walking off stage. Maria led them out, tripping as she walked across, but her fast boyfriend Kojo managed to catch her. They both burst into laughter, before Vekter rushed them off.
Last edited by United Regions of Verona on Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
I iz a proud and sexi member of d Exchange of Sad Annoying Pathetic Students
My TG box is lonely, why not send me a TG?
Kourtney is the best Kardashian!
''The only sane people on this planet is me, Alfy, Hake & Theo James,'' - Myself
#yafran

Mister X
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 25, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Mister X » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:26 pm

04 MISTER X

Jack Baxter - "I Just Lay Down On My Bed"
Tune: Bonnie Tyler - "Total Eclipse Of The Heart".

RED = BACKING ARTISTS ONLY
BLUE = JACK BAXTER OR BOTH

Jack Baxter was chosen through a gruelling national selection, beating off nine other contenders. And here he was in Russadonia. Somewhat homesick, Jack Baxter took some of his 'brave pills', stood in the middle of the stage in pitch black, the postcard finished, and the music started. A shadowy figure sung the backing vocals at the back of the stage whilst a spotlight shone on Jack as he began to sing.

Come back to me...
I went to the shops and now I have had a good time but I never caught your eye.
Come back to me...
I went to the shops and I have looked at you closely but you have always passed me by so many times.
Come back to me...
I went to the shops and I have asked for your number but you always seem to have a new phone.
Come back to me...
Then one day when I met you I have loved you over and over again.

At which point a ghostly figure of a beautiful girl is projected, through MRX ONE's new hologram system. Jack looks longingly up at it as more backing singers come on, the stage fades into complete light, and the backing singers stand in a horizontal line behind Jack.

Come back to me, beauty...
I've been home and thought about you...

The lights go off again and the backing singers are plunged into darkness, as the ghostly figure evaporates and Jack is left standing in a spotlight in the middle of the stage.

Come back to me...
I went to the date and I have now really loved you but it was always on your mind,
Come back to me...
Because one of my 'friends' started his very own rumour and you were tuned into Gullible FM.
Come back to me...
You thought that I hated you 'cause the rumour was very, very, very, very, very bad indeed.
Come back to me...
You always seemed to hate me more and more whenever you talked to my 'friend'.

At which point a ghostly figure of Jack's 'friend' is projected, through MRX ONE's new hologram system. Jack looks menacingly up at it as more backing singers come on, more than the first time, the stage fades into complete light, but at a greater intensity than before, and the backing singers stand in a horizontal line behind Jack.

And then the lights come on, the love interest's hologram reappears and the two holograms glare at Jack as though they are bullying him. Jack falls to his knees, almost pleading with the holograms.

And I need some love from you.
And I need some love forever.
And if I only came with you,
He'll drop his rumour forever.
And I only want you tonight,
'Cause I'm not what he says.
Together we can be the new Brangelina,
You do not have to be such a screamer.
(Such a screamer...)
I'm always loving you, your eyes are in the dark.
Lift the wool from over them and ignore idiot Mark.
I really need you tonight!
I'm gonna love you tonight!
But tonight I came right home and you really weren't there.
'Cause of all those things that Mark has said.
I cried again as
I just lay down on my bed.

The lights go off again and the backing singers are plunged into darkness, as the ghostly figure evaporates and Jack is left kneeling in a spotlight at the front of the stage. He has stopped begging but is now almost crying.

I cried again as

During the instrumental, the hologram of the love interest starts moving around the stage, as a crawling Jack tries desperately to keep up with it, reaching out to clutch it but missing. As the instrumental finishes, Jack stands up, a determined look is in his eyes, and he commences singing again.

Come back to me...
It's not him I'm interested in and baby don't believe it for you are my only one.
Come back to me...
Mark said I was gay and you broke down in front of me because you're a big homophobe.
Come back to me...
But I'm not, I want you, because you're the biggest beauty in the whole of this great big wide world.
Come back to me...
But you always seemed to hate me more and more whenever you talked to my 'friend'.

And then the lights come on, holograms reappear again and the two holograms glare at Jack as though they are bullying him. But this time, Jack glares back at them for leaving him, but at the same time, somewhat pleading from the girl.

And I need some love from you.
And I need some love forever.
And if I only came with you,
He'll drop his rumour forever.
And I only want you tonight,
'Cause I'm not what he says.
Together we can be the new Brangelina,
You do not have to be such a screamer.
(Such a screamer...)
I'm always loving you, your eyes are in the dark.
Lift the wool from over them and ignore idiot Mark.
I really need you tonight!
I cried again as

This time, as the lights go off, Jack stands back into the middle of the stage, which rises as he sings the final sections.

I cried again as

The backing singers are in pitch black as Jack beings to cry and the light slowly fades away, reaching pitch black as the music ends.

Come back to me.
Oooooo

Ah hah

Ah hah

Ah hah

Ah hah

Ooooooooooo....

The auditorium stands and applauds. Jack lived that performance so much. He's worked for it his entire life. And now Jack Baxter takes a bow :bow: , the stage falls down, and Jack Baxter leaves the stage to rapturous applause. :clap:
Last edited by Mister X on Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
MISTER X
WV29: 19th, debut
WV30: 10th, first top 10
WV31: 8th, new PB
WV33: 3rd, new PB
WV34: 6th, first hosting
WVYF: 11th, last place
WV52: 2nd, new PB
WV59: 7th, second hosting
WV62: 1st, first victory

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:57 pm

05. Gregoryisgodistan
Song: "Multiverse"
Tune: "Handlebars" by the Flobots

A giant postcard featuring the Capital District Gregoryisgodistan Day flag ceremony from July 14, 2013. On Gregoryisgodistan Day, soldiers go to all Districts at noon and unfurl a giant flag, which the people are required to bow down before while chanting in prayer to Lord Almighty Gregory for one hour. Then there is a large concert in each District Square featuring songs of praise to Lord Almighty Gregory. However, the largest flag and concert of all is in the Capital District, where Lord Almighty Gregory rewards those who were loyal to him in the past year by allowing them to go to the flag ceremony and concert. The Capital District Concert is held at night, unlike the others, is nationally televised, and features the best musicians in all of Gregoryisgodistan. Several former WorldVision contestants are expected to perform in 2014. But for now, the world would just have to see a picture of the flag ceremony.

The postcard goes away, Singer Z1828AHZB walks onto the stage, carrying a large backpack full of props, sets it in front of him, picks up the microphone, and begins to sing.

Gregory is God of the Multiverse
The Multiverse
The Multiverse
The Multiverse
The Multiverse

Singer Z1828AHZB removes a statue of Lord Almighty Gregory, sets it down, prostrates himself on the ground in front of it, gets up, and continues singing.

Greg is God, Greg is God
Read the flag you dumb old hag
He’s God and we adore him
Even when he executes us

Singer Z1828AHZB removes a photo of Lord Almighty Gregory personally distributing gruel and prune juice rations to people after a hurricane. He holds it up to the audience and continues singing.

Gregory can feed the masses
And give us gruel eating classes
He does not use mind control
Anyone who says that is a liar

Singer Z1828AHZB holds up a book entitled “Lord Almighty Gregory’s 5,950 Greatest Quotes” and continues singing.

Gregory is infinitely wise
Anyone can see that with their eyes
He wrote all the words to the national anthem
We sing it every time we can.

Singer Z1828AHZB holds up several famous novels, except that their covers have been modified to claim Lord Almighty Gregory wrote them. He then continues singing.

Gregory wrote this song
Gregory wrote all of these books
And he is God, just look
He can do everything because

The Multiverse
The Multiverse
The Multiverse
The Multiverse

Singer Z1828AHZB removes prune juice rations from his backpack, drinks them, thanks Lord Almighty Gregory, and continues singing.

Greg is God Greg is God
He called me to wish me good luck
And give me a solar bomb
Which could blow up this whole country
Greg takes our money as a tithe
Greg invented the automobile
Gregory discovered gasoline
Gregory gives us free prune juice
Gregory never takes a deuce
Gregory knows how to run a country
And he makes us really glad
Gregory is God Almighty
Gregory can see the future
Gregory controls the country
We all praise him and adore him cause

Singer Z1828AHZB holds up what appears to be a solar-powered bomb. He then assures the audience that it is just a sample, not a real bomb. On the video screen in the background, a heavily edited video is shown showing the Gregoryisgodistani military obliterating several countries with solar-powered bombs. In fact, they have about the same strength as pipe bombs, not nukes as the government claims. Singer Z1828AHZB then continues singing while the propaganda film plays in the background.

Greg destroys whole countries with his solar bombs
With his solar bombs
With his solar bombs
These bombs have the strength of the atom bomb
Of the atom bomb
Of the atom bomb

Look at Greg, Look at Greg
Ruling for all time
He is God and he always will be the Lord
He rules the world
His Lordship secure
Bow down to him
Forevermore

He gives us our free gruel rations
So we don’t die of mass starvation
He chops up traitors into thousands of pieces
And orchestrated King Paulus’ assassination
He has blasphemers executed
Just because they insult him
We do everything with his permission
Because he is God and because

of the Multiverse
of the Multiverse
Yes, Gregory is God of the Multiverse
of the Multiverse
of the Multiverse

And he Destroys whole Countries with his Solar Bombs
With his solar bombs
With his solar bombs
With his solar bombs
With his solar bombs

Singer Z1828AHZB tosses the solar-powered bomb aside, causing it to explode and make a huge hole in the stage and the wall. Nobody is injured. “Oops, I guess it was a real bomb,” he says, then timidly concludes the song.

Of the Multiverse
Of the Multiverse
Of the Multiverse
Of the Multiverse
Last edited by Gregoryisgodistan on Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gregoryisgodistan, population 75,000,000. All citizens are required to worship Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state, as a deity.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
World Indoor Soccer Championship 6 - 2nd place
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
WB XXII 10th Place in Casaran, advanced to Round of 32
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WCoH 27 co-host and champs
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:44 pm

6. Luziyca
dogecoin16 - Digital Paradise

Joseph Simeonov, better known as dogecoin16 began setting up the stage. The floor turns into a keyboard, with a mousepad. It was essentially a giant laptop. A person covered almost completely in black spandex heads to the power button on one side and the screen turns on. It was a Windows 7 log on screen, and the figure quickly runs to type his name and password. After it loads, that figure goes to "Internet Exploder" and opens a tab showing a "MyTube" video. It was quickly full screen, another figure clicks play, and the video begins. It was done in a cartoonish style (like the video it was based on), set in a home. A brother and a sister enter their room and they go on their laptops and iPads... The man at the back begins singing into the microphone attached to his mouth.

Happy life with the machines scattered around the house.
Look what they made; they made it for me... happy technology!
Look at the Internet, consuming our time...
We'll never leave, look at us now;
So in love with the way we are... here!

During the brief interlude, we see the children watching videos, one of the execution of the Gregoryisgodistani singer (cartoonish, of course in WV30) and one of a popular irridentist song, "No Land More Beloved" that was popular back in 1968 to retake Geadland. The spandex-clad figure at the mouse then opened the captions, revealing nonsense promoting a holiday to Luziyca, just as the chorus began.

The world that the users made...
The world that the users made, here!
The world that the users made, here!
The world that the users made.

It quickly moves to the next verse, but the children are running through an optic cable.

Every night, we connect on Facebook, digital family!
Is it real? Or is it a dream? Can you believe in machines?
Outside, in Farmville, can you hear the shouts?
We'll never leave, look at us now.
So in love with the way we are here!

During that interlude, they show them on Facebook, playing various games from Farmville to Song Pop to Flappy Bird. Then the chorus repeats with similar animation.

Then we see zooming out, showing a globe of the world, every nation on it ultimately from their home. The chorus is performed again, as the children play on it. Then there was a long pause, as the children go surfing the internet, and all sites from porn, to Silk Road, to bitcoin exchanges, to Disney games and other things.

After a little bit, it descends into a less happy tone, and they realize how long they stayed online.

Happy life with the machines scattered around the house.
Look what they made; they made it for me... happy technology!
Look at the Internet, consuming our time...
We'll never leave, look at us now;
So in love with the way we are... here!

With that, the video ends as it switches to a view of the stage, resulting in a Droste effect. The black spandex-clad man walks to the keyboard, typing "dogecoin16" (the letters appear as he touches them), and then he proceeds to take off the spandex, resulting in the audience seeing a cool guy with glasses. He looks handsome and says, "THANK YOU FOR BEING PART OF THE DIGITAL FAMILY!" A young child wanders on stage, and Simeonov picks her up, and he waves to the crowd. The parents shout, "IS HE TAKING MY DAUGHTER AWAY?", but it was too late. Dogecoin16 had a young fan and he will take her to see the works. And maybe give her some ice cream.
Last edited by Luziyca on Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Vettrera
Senator

Founded: Dec 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Vettrera » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:56 pm

7:Vettrera
Misty Adams - "Let Me Go"
Tune: Demi Lovato - "Don't Forget"

[Misty Adams rose to popularity inside Vettrera when her song "Lifted" reached the top of both the OrangeSpin Charts, and the regional Bethel Park Top 50. Though she is not extremely well known out of two or three major hits, she still has a loyal following. Misty is also known for her work as a songwriter, and has written 12 songs that have reached the Bethel Park Top 50 (four of which hit #1). Misty Adams will represent Vettrera in this first WorldVision competition]

Misty comes out wearing a gray dress, with an unbuttoned white jacket over it. The LED screen is only showing gray pixels that flicker. There is a stool that she sits on. A dim light from above shines on her as she begins to perform.

You locked me up
And you threw away the key
You had me trapped
And you wouldn't let me see
I couldn't breathe
I couldn't think
Couldn't be

The LED screen now shuts off. All the overhead lights are now dimly reflected and directed at the audience while Misty continues to perform.

And now I see (finally see)
What you took away from me
And now I feel (and now I feel)
That you took away my life
And now I know, you need to
Let me go

The LED screen turns on once again, with a shimmering turquoise display. The lighting is still all directed at the audience.

But for now I'm stuck here
Dealing with this fear
That I'll never be free
You'll never let go

The shimmering LED lights are now directed at the audience as well as Misty. All the lighting up top is shut off.
So now I guess
That it all comes down to this
I can't be free
I can't experience no bliss
Until you know
Until you choose
To let go

It started fine
I was oblivious to this
I didn't know
That I would lose my soul
I'm begging now
I'm begging now
Let me go

But for now I'm stuck here
Dealing with this fear
That I'll never be free
You'll never let go

I need to be free
But it ain't up to me
I'm stuck here underground
Can't make a sound
At all

So I guess
I'll just stay here in this hole
And I think
You don't care 'bout me no more
This's about you
You'll leave me here
Blue

All the lights turn off. And a spotlight shines on Misty. She performs the rest of the song stoically

It all started fine
Until I realized
But you won't let me go
So I"ll just stay here
Captive
(Let me go)
Last edited by Vettrera on Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
||International Achievements||
"In Search of That Which Cannot Be Seen"

Vampirum
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vampirum » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:22 pm

Dramatic introduction performance choreographed by Safren Von Morten

Red - Eva
Italic - Backup singers
Bold - Eva & backup singers

Once again, Vampirum was competing in WorldVision after a small hiatus. The vampire nation was still hoping for a win, and this time sent veteran singer Eva Ross who had been in the music industry for over a decade. Her new album took the Vampirian charts by storm with over 100 million records sold in it's first few months of release. Like any other past Vampirian contestant, Eva knew the pressure she was about ton endure as her turn to perform had finally arrived. But there was much more to her number one single than just a catchy tune. It was a dedication to her fans, and a potential victory song. Eva had a lot to prove considering she was the first human contestant representing the vampire nation. Now everyone was waiting with bated breath to see what would happen.

The stage lights slowly illuminated half of the dark stage, revealing Eva in a red dress surrounded people with flashing cameras. “Eva! Over here! Smile for the camera!” Eva grimaced as she used her hands to cover her face against the onslaught of camera lights. The scene continued with Eva pushing her way through the paparazzi and walking toward the front of the stage. With each step, the paparazzi moved close behind until they were once again surrounding her.

More cameras flashed as she turned to the audience and recited a poem in a dramatic melancholy voice.

A thousand flashing lights aglow
A lasting hope from long ago
Needing shelter as the storm blows through
That's why I'll hold on to you

As she finished, the stage grew brighter and the paparazzi backed away until they completely disappeared off the stage. The music began playing soon after by several violinists, guitar players, and backup singers in various black ensembles.

The violists began playing along with the piano. Behind them, the large screen displayed a abstract design that moved in sync with the music. The lights became a mixture of red, white, and gray colors as the backup singers sung into their mics.

Yeah yeah yeah yeah
yeah yeah yeah yeah

The lights then switched to a light blue as the singers continued.

yeah yeah yeah yeah
yeah yeah yeah yeah

The images on the screen transitioned into a moving road scene as Eva began singing the first verse.
I've been traveling for so long
Visioning you waiting for me at home
I miss the smile upon your face
These precious moments we’re starting to waste

Strobe lights began flashing repeatedly as another abstract image image appeared on the screen. Eva's voice rose slightly as the instruments grew louder.

Ignore the miles keeping us away
Cause we will shine like a brand new day
memories last through the broken clouds
We’ll stand out in this crowd

The stage lights grew brighter for a moment before flashing and erupting into hundreds of laser lights that shone out into the crowd. The image on the screen turned into different patterns just as the guitarist strummed his guitar and Eva jumped into the chorus.

When the world is crashing down on us
When there’s no one we can trust

We’re not waiting for a fairy tale
All I need is you with me

Eva smiled as she continued.

Holding on to you
Holding on to you

There’s nothing left to do
But hold on to you

Eva twirled gracefully -- a display easily done due to her many years as a ballerina -- and walked down the catwalk where she began singing the second verse. Her dress glittered ethereally by the stage lights.

The time is moving us so fast
Seconds tick until there’s nothing to last
Their poison words are in the past
The true intentions they hide behind masks

The image on the screen transitioned into a softer abstraction. Eva once again pointed out into the audience as if speaking directly to them. The smile on her face grew larger as she saw people singing along with her.

Ignore the miles keeping us away
Cause we will shine like a brand new day
Memories last through the broken clouds
We’ll stand out in this crowd

The stage cameras zoomed out into the crowd just as the lights flashed and filled the stadium with an assortment of colors. Eva swayed back and forth and bobbed her head enthusiastically to the music. They were close to the end, and she wanted to make every last second of the song count.

Holding on to you
Holding on to you

But hold on to you

The stage dimmed significantly until only a single spotlight was trained on Eva. The music grew faint, and her voice was smooth and elegant

Your love is surrounding me
From the stars to the bluest sea
In the dark you help me see

Several more spotlights were now on Eva's backup singers as they all sung together.

Ohhhhhh

Yeah yeah yeah yeah
Yeah yeah yeah yeah

Ohhhhhhh

Yeah yeah yeah yeah
Yeah yeah yeah yeah

Large columns of smoke suddenly shot up from the stage as the last abstract design filled the screen. Eva walked from the catwalk and back to the center of the stage where she sung with feeling along with her backup singers. More strobe lights flashed over the crowd for the song's finale.

Holding on to you
Holding on to you

But hold on to you

The stage lights grew dim until only Eva could be seen. There was a sudden rush of footsteps as the paparazzi from earlier return and once again surrounded her with flashing cameras. She looked down with a seldom as the violins and piano played softly in the background. With one final flash, the lights completely went off, leaving the stage dark.

The crowd cheered loudly as the stage was illuminated a second later and Eva and the paparazzi actors all bowed. She blew a kiss and waved happily at the thousands of people. "Mulțumesc! Thank you Russadonia!" With one final bow she left the stage with the actors, musicians, and backup singers following behind.
Last edited by Vampirum on Mon May 05, 2014 7:41 pm, edited 5 times in total.
---------FACTBOOKNATIONAL ANTHEMNATIONAL NEWS---------
FT NATION WITH MAGIC AND VAMPIRES
13th place - WorldVision 24
3rd place - WorldVision 25
5th place - WorldVision 26
6th place - WorldVision 28
5th place - WorldVision 29
2nd Place - WorldVision 31
2nd Place - WorldVision 37

Magazine Hottest Royals In The World Competition - 7th place

Estenia
Senator

Founded: Mar 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Estenia » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:09 am

9* Estenia
Elina goes in to the stage. Good Luck Estenia.

Give a no
Give a no
Don't let him annoy you anymore
Give a no
Give a no
Tell him that you don't want him anymore

The year was the coldest of your life
You didn't do anything good
Because he didn't let you do
I know that you'll cry
But you don't have any choice

Don't let him
Control you anyway
Please stand as
A woman
Don't let him see
Anything about you

Give a no
Give a no
Give a no
And you'll have to Stand as a girl
Give a no
Give a no
I know that you left you family and friends for him

I know that something happened
Makes him even weaker
And he fears you
But he controlls you
You know what to do
You can finally do something good
You know you left you family and friends for him

Give a no
Give a no
Give a no
Give a no
You can stand
You can leave
Give a no
Give a no
I know that you left you family and friends for him

You are strong
Not weak
And you'll find your real peak

Give a no
Give a no
Give a no
Give a no
You can stand
You can leave
Give a no
Give a no
I know that you left you family and friends for hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiim!
Last edited by Estenia on Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Runner-up at the 1st OMAHAN FUTSAL WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS, 4th at Maple Leaf Bowl III, 4th on Baptism of Fire 57, 2nd at Runner Cup 4, 3rd at 21st World Lacrosse Championships.

88% Libertatrian
72% Conservative
63% Liberal

Communist Quinntopia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Communist Quinntopia » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:51 am

redacted
Last edited by Communist Quinntopia on Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:29 am, edited 4 times in total.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Britonisea » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:39 am

11: Britonisea-
ARTIST: Garange L'Iwes
SONG:Be the one to win
COMPOSER/s: Garange, Stewart L'Iwes and Finley Matla'bron
TUNE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-ddbcOiAbM (Skyfall)

IC

It is dark. There is no lights but the flashing of the cameras in the stadium. You then here the piano played to introduce Garange and then the music gets louder. As it gets as loud, You here the first few lines.

This is the one.
The one to win.
The one to go.
The one to take all!

Then there is a pause. And the lights turn on slowly and different colour splashes over the stadium. Then the music speeds up.

The one to win.
And the loser!
Then can't win all.
I one this
The one to win!
And the loser!
Would drown!!! To the ground.
The one to win
The one to win. The one to win

Then the stadium goes dark. The Music is quiet. The second verse starts...

The people.
The best of people.
Winning is not bad.
Winning is GREAT!!!

Then the chorus comes and the music gets faster!

The one to win.
And the loser!
Then can't win all.
I one this
The one to win!
And the loser!
Would drown!!! To the ground.
The one to win

Then a purple light is on his face. And the song is over...
Last edited by Britonisea on Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rexubliqué Univexserellué de Brityunik #BRI
Follow Britonish Television on Twitter: TVBBritonisea
WorldVision Top 9 | WorldVision Factbook
1st - 162 points - WV112 (314 J+T)
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 138 points - WV99 (258 J+T)
1st - 134 points - WV87 (242 J+T)
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

World Hit Festival Top 9 | World Hit Festival Factbook
1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

Zjednoczony Polski
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Zjednoczony Polski » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:41 am

12:
Jon Gof jumped on to the stage and started singing,
" Hel-lo Hel-lo wake up
I feel good gonna take a stroll
Felling blues cos I aint been outside
But there we go cos

The outside world with trees and love
Dont wanna be a lil boy wrapped up in my bed
Wanna be out there in the outside world with trees and love
I can feel the running animals and creepy crawlies
The outside world, the outside world.

Know when your inside your bored as hell
But out in the outside you scream and shout
You can do it if you want its fine
So love it

The outside world with trees and love
Dont wanna be a lil boy wrapped up in my bed
Wanna be out there in the outside world with trees and love
I can feel the running animals and creepy crawlies
The outside world, the outside world.
Last edited by Zjednoczony Polski on Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mister X
Ambassador

Postby Mister X » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:34 am

MRX TWO COMMENTARY

Following a fantastic holiday in Polkopia, Robert's travels this year have bought him to Russadonia. He's finding his stay okay so far, but with all thoughts on Jack Baxter, MRX ONE and MRX TWO cut funds for Robert this year to pour them into the national final. Consequently, a dopey-eyed Robert enters the commentary box, does some sound checks, and the show begins...

salve [sic], Mister X, and welcome to WorldVision 31 live from Russadonia. This is Mister X's third WorldVision, and this year, we're on Twitter, so send your thoughts in to @MRXWorldVision and use the hashtag #WorldVision.

OOC: If anyone does use Twitter and wishes to contribute, your tweets may feature in later parts, although there is no @MRXWorldVision Twitter account at the time of writing.

So, with the marina in full swing and the Mister X float in green, red, and blue floating just past me now, let the show begin. Here's the running order for tonight's entries, complete with the voting numbers you need for the Xian vote:

From a landline, call 01721 12 12 followed by the number of the country you want to vote for.
From a mobile, call 9 12 12 followed by the number of the country you want to vote for.

Voting is free this year so get dialling!

(OOC: I will update this as we go through!)

01 LYMANTATIA
02 DUTZENDERLAND
03 VERONA
04 MISTER X
05 GREGORYISGODISTAN
06 LUZICYA
07 VETTERA
08 VAMPIRUM
09 ESTENIA
10 COMMUNIST QUINNTOPIA
11 BRITONISEA
12 ZJEDNOCZONY POLSKI

So, let the show begin!

01 LYMANTATIA

It's DANAE's last appearance at WorldVision, and it's not the best way to say goodbye if I'm honest. A little bland, sadly. To vote for it, call 9 12 12 01 from a mobile or 01721 12 12 01 from a landline.

02 DUTZENDERLAND

03 VERONA

A bit of a, well, hippy song. I can imagine someone singing this slumped in a pub doorway. It's very dull, I'm afraid. To vote for it, call 9 12 12 03 from a mobile or 01721 12 12 03 from a landline.

04 MISTER X

By jove! What a beautiful song from Jack Baxter, bringing a tear or two to me eye. It's such a sweet and sad song, and I really hope we can build on last year's ninth place with that. After all, Mister X, you did vote for it yourselves, but you can't do so here, I'm afraid. We can't vote for ourselves.

05 GREGORYISGODISTAN

We had the electrician ready to put on Countdown in the event of another execution. And when he blew up the stadium, he nearly punched that button. Nonetheless, it 'went off' in more ways than one in the second half. Although they need to stop doing such silly things on stage. To vote for Gregoryisgodistan, dial 9 12 12 05 from a mobile or 01721 12 12 05 from a landline. We'll look at some of your tweets whilst they repair the stage.

@CaeciliusInHorto: "@MRXWorldVision Gregoryisgodistanum amo. #WorldVision"
@YouUtterSnob: "@MRXWorldVision Mister X made the wrong choice in the national selection and the running order's not good for us either. #WorldVision"
@Innocent_Bystander: "@MRXWorldVision No winners in that first section so far. #WorldVision"

06 LUZICYA

Best Luzicyan entry in years. Very well done, Luzicya. I absolutely love this. To vote for Luzicya, dial 9 12 12 06 from a mobile or 01721 12 12 06 from a landline! Well done, Luzicya! :clap:

07 VETTERA

We're getting into it now, and it's a half-decent attempt from Vettera, but it's not my style of music, I'm afraid. Good debut though, and to vote for it, Xians, you dial 9 12 12 07 from a mobile or 01721 12 12 07 from a landline. See you next year, Vettera.

08 VAMPIRUM

09 ESTENIA

Very nice, Estenia. Well done. A decent ballad to start with and something to build on for next time. To vote for Estenia, dial 9 12 12 09 from a mobile or 01721 12 12 09 from a landline.

10 COMMUNIST QUINNTOPIA

That is the best Communist Quinntopian entry I've ever seen since the Xian debut in WorldVision 29. That's a very good song, Quinntopia. I'm blown away, but I think it could be forgotten by the end. Nonetheless, Quinntopia could run away with this. I hope not, for I want to see a close voting - let's hope Jack gives them a run for their money. To vote for Communist Quinntopia, dial 9 12 12 10 from a mobile or 01721 12 12 10 from a landline.

And, with that, it's off to the Twittersphere.

@GNAA1: "@MRXWorldVision Poor standard of entries this year. #WorldVision"
@Quintus_LXXXVIII: "@MRXWorldVision Luzicye, ex ubi ille advenit!? optimus est! #WorldVision"
@Rob1995: "@MRXWorldVision Well, well, well, who'd have thought that Qunntopia could produce that!? #WorldVision"

Back to the show.

11 BRITONISEA

Not bad at all, Britonisea. Dramatic and the audience loved every word, so very well done! To vote for Britonisea, dial 9 12 12 11 from a mobile or 01721 12 12 11 from a landline.

12 ZJEDNOCZONY POLSKI

Not bad, but not great. Dial 9 12 12 12 from a mobile or 01721 12 12 12 from a landline to vote for it.

We're back with more after the break.
Last edited by Mister X on Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
MISTER X

Lyonsland
Envoy

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Lyonsland » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:53 pm

13. Lyonsland
Sierra Foster - "Take Back"
After winning the local pre-selection with a clean sweep of top scores from the international juries, Sierra Foster believed that she was confident enough to perform a good showing for Lyonsland. With a rather mediocre finish last time with a local superstar, Sierra felt that she needed to prove to not only the world but also her own nation that she was good enough to do Lyonsland proud. Her ballad “Take Back” is about a woman who fights for pride and dignity from an abusive relationship, something Sierra has gone through before. It has already been a massive hit in Lyonsland, reaching #1 in the charts shortly after her win at LyonSong. As the postcard ran, Sierra appeared on-stage in a beautiful sparkly dress. Then, the music played. She was ready to sing.

The screen cuts to a pianist who plays the introductory piece, to which it cut to Sierra.

Why do, Why do I’ve to suffer,
Just because you’re stressed out from your pain?
How come, how come I have no choice?
I feel like I’ll never be the same…

Sierra stands still, trying to hold back the emotion of the song which relates a lot to her past.

But I am changing,
I am strong.
Why do, Why do I’ve to suffer,
Now I’ve the courage to say “enough”!

At this point, a male and a female ballet couple begin dancing together with the lyrics effecting their choreography. Shots of the dancers are shown several times during the rest of the performance.

I’ll take back my heart,
Take back my dignity.
Take back my life,
That you took from me away.

I cannot stand it anymore,
Nothing could heal this aching sore!
Take back my life.

Searchlights now begin flashing in sync with the intense drums that have begun playing. The dancing also becomes more intense. Along with that, the LED screens begin showing images of war and dictatorships. Many of which include the dictatorships of Everia and Unolia, the violent overthrowing of governments in Eastern Esquarium, showing the pain of what families and communities have to endure in this current period of time.

You have, you have to know something,
I am not your servant or your slave.
Too bad, too bad it is too late,
You go run into your vicious cave!

But I am changing,
I am strong!

After an extremely high note being mastered beautifully by Sierra, she then begins to walk down the catwalk of the stage as the ballet dancers take over.

I’ll take back my heart,
Take back my dignity.
Take back my life,

Take back my life.

The music pauses for a brief moment, which is followed by a loud heartbeat noise echoing the arena. The dancers pause their routine and stand facing the crowd, with red LED heart lights visible on their chests.

Take back my heart,
Take back my dignity.
Take back my life,

Take back my life.

The dance routine wraps up with the female dancer elegantly pushing her partner down to the ground, indicating that the abused woman had finally spoke up for herself. Sierra then cries out the last lines.

I’m free!
I am free!

The song ends and the crowd bursts into applause, with a small group of over-ecstatic Lyonese fans chanting "SIERRA! SIERRA!" to which the cameras cut to them. Sierra then thanks the audience, first in Lyonese and then in English. "Gorra Tak! Thank you!"
Lyonsland, Esquarium's favourite Celtic-Nordic federal kingdom!

Polkopia
Minister

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Polkopia » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:41 pm

14. Polkopia

Song Title: "When Will I"
Artist: Irena Neto

Language: English
Tune: t.A.T.u - "All The Things She Said"

Irena Neto had won the Landa vy Polkopiya, which served as Polkopia's National Selection for picking an entry to the Worldvision Song Contest for five editions, this being the sixth. The entry is voted on by international juries, each jury giving a song points ranging from 5 to 0. Irena Neto had taken an astonishing lead from the start, managing to told on to the same lead until the very end, narrowly avoiding being topped by second place Tatiana Boenchuk with her song, Stop, which earned a total of eleven points. Neto's song earned twelve points total, earning a maximum five points from only one other nation, while earning four and three points from other voting nations respectively.

Irena Neto now stood on the stage, accompanied by three backup singers who each took their place in the back of the stage, almost completely hidden from the public's view. Other than that, she was alone, wearing a beautiful, white dress, her long, blonde hair was parted to the side, falling over a single shoulder. She wore a brown earring and necklace set, which matched her dark brown eyes. The lights were bright, and the background screen showed glimpses of a generic war-torn country. She held the microphone in her hand, clearly excited about her performance. The music played in the background and Irena began to sing.

(Parenthesis indicate backing singers)

I just want to see
I just want to see
Happiness around
Happiness around
All around me

I just want to see
I just want to see
Us all to agree
Us all to agree
When will I see?

I just want to see

The lights to the stage all flash on and off for a moment, before Irena proceeds to sing the first verse. The background screen shows various patterns in black and white

We all need to stop, and look all around us
What have we done? What's with all of the fuss?
Why have we changed? What's with all the pain?
Our once happy past is now nothing but pain

I keep asking myself, where did this start
What happened to us when we beat as one heart?
Can we roll back time, so it all can go back
We all were one, but now we all fight
(We all were one, but now we all fight)

The lights now turn different shades of red, and travel all around the stage and crowd. A multicolored pattern now plays on the screen as she sings the chorus.

I just want to see
I just want to see
Happiness around
Happiness around
All around me

I just want to see
I just want to see
Us all to agree
Us all to agree
When will I see?

I just want to see
(Us as one)
When will I see?

As the instrumental plays, the lights flash on and off again, slowly turning from red to black and gray. The screen also seems to cut out, turning completely black as the next verse is sung.

We are all blinded by our own lies and shame
All of this causes nothing but pain
Can we look past it all and forget about it
We all want to fight, but all we must resist

If you see us now, you'll see death and decay
'Cause we sleep at night, after fighting all day
We can try to pretend, we can try to forget
But just remember, it's all on your head

She now walks around the stage, singing the chorus with a sweet, yet excited smile. Red lights emerge once again and the pattern from when she sang the chorus before returns. A single, white spotlight is focused on her and where she moves. Toward the end of the chorus, though, Irena walks down the catwalk in a quick pace.

I just want to see
I just want to see
Happiness around
Happiness around
All around me

I just want to see
I just want to see
Us all to agree
Us all to agree
When will I see?

I just want to see
(Us as one)
When will I see?

The backing singers continue to sing, lights of all different shades of red flashing around the crowd. Irena herself sings part of the song, in sync with the backing singers.

(When will I see?)
Happiness
(When will I see?)
Joyfulness
(When will I see?)
Paradise
(When will I see?)
Us at peace

Now, the lights completely dim out except for the single spotlight centered around Irena at the end of the catwalk. She is hunched over, as if she's in pain, when, in reality, she's expression deep emotion.

The world's looking at you
Maybe you'll find a clue
Can you save us all?

The world's looking at us
Our glee has turned to dust
Why must we all fight?

The lights turn back on and Irena runs back up the catwalk while singing with an ecstatic smile. She is very happy with the performance so far, and isn't afraid to show it.

I just want to see
I just want to see
Happiness around
Happiness around
All around me

I just want to see
I just want to see
Us all to agree
Us all to agree
When will I see?

I just want to see
(Us as one)
When will I see?

When the song ends, the lights turn back on and Irena yells, "Thank you! Thank you so much Russadonia!" into the microphone before exiting the stage.
Last edited by Polkopia on Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anthem (Instrumental) Factbook Embassy
Check out the Polkopian Premier League

1st place: 8 Times (WV25, WV30, WV35 WV39, WV44, WV48, WV50, WV75)
2nd place: 2 Times (WV26, WV34)
3rd place (8 Times: WV27, WV31, WV32, WV37, WV54, WV59, WV70, WV72)

Kishrael
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kishrael » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:17 am

15. Kishrael - קיסרל
Maya Shiran - White Feather
מאיה שירן - נוצה לבנה

Language: English, Hebrew

To the Tune Of - Dilara Kazimova - Start A Fire

Kishrael had achieved their worst ever result last edition, a mediocre 12th, gaining just 66 points. The drastic change in style which led to this result was driven by the international opinions on Kishraeli songs, so once that song flopped, KBA were left scratching their heads. Undeterred, KBA announced another internal selection, this time it was Maya Shiran, a young, unknown singer from the capital. Her song was announced as "White Feather", and Maya had this to say on her entry "The white feather has been used as a symbol of cowardice throughout the ages, I'm using it as a metaphor for not being brave enough to face the truth, and then regretting it but ultimately being able to move on. I hope people can relate to my song as we've all been in a position were we haven't said how we really felt and may regret it forever." The ballad has many middle-eastern influences, reflecting Kishraeli identity, as well as the identity of the Muslim minorities present in Kishrael. Generally, the song had been well met, it was a sophisticated ballad which built into a powerful finale, now everyone just hoped that Maya could pull it off and put Kishrael back near the top were they felt they belonged.

The stage was dark, as the music started a single spotlight appeared, shining down on a white piano, being played by composer David Ofiri, who was also the composer of Kishrael's 2nd ever entry to the contest which finished in 3rd. The spotlight shining on the piano and David went off, and then a spotlight shone on Maya who was in a long white dress decorated by sequins. As her time came to sing, the camera panned down from above, and another angle highlighted her face, as she looked down the camera to sing the first lines of her WorldVision entry.

Weeping, sweeping sands of the barren desert
Fierce fire light of my life why did you die?
But it seems that it’s inevitable that every bloom wilts

Then as the small interlude was played by the duduk, a light shone on it's performer, a man sitting on a carpet on a podium, his name was Elnur Xhananov - a Turkic musical genius who was drafted in to perform in the song. After his part finishes the light went off; Maya's light remained lit throughout.

And while there is so much substance in this lifetime
An inescapable void of black is all I find
And I have died every day since I lost your face

At this interlude, two violinists are lit up, just for a moment as they play their flourishing notes, before disappearing again. The camera focuses once again on Maya's face. During the chorus, the whole posse of musicians is lit up alongside Maya.

Maybe I’m scared, a coward
And maybe I can’t, have you here
And so I will run far, how could I?

The musicians all remain lit now, and the stage slowly is fading into a soft white/grey colouration. Maya now switches to Hebrew for the next part of her song - bilingual entries are often favoured by WorldVision audiences.

Ani hit’ahavti im zikaron - אני התאהבתי עם זיכרון
Ha’lid’chof v’limshokh shel ahava v’sinah - הלדחוף ולמשוך של אהבה ושנאה
V’akhshayv mushar kmo qlipah reyqah shel choshekh - ועכשיו משר כמו קליפה ריקה של חושך

I’ve fallen in love with a memory
The push and pull of love and hate
And now I’m left as an empty husk of darkness

As the dramatic flourishes appear again, Maya, who had been stationary for most of the performance, lifted her hand up symbolically, but inside was a white feather. Clasping it in her fingers she held it up, before placing it in her hair in an obvious position so it could be seen by all.

Kol mah ratziti, hayiyta otkha - כל מה רציתי, הייתי אותך
V’ani nisiti, l’hiot mushlam - ואני ניסיתי, להיות מושלם
And so I will run far
Fierce fire, fierce fire
And so I will burn this, this white feather

All I wanted, was you
And I tried to be perfect

As the song ends, she takes the feather out of her hair, and holds it up. In front of everyone's eyes, it sets itself on fire, before crumbling into ash in her hand. The musicians all stand up and take a bow, along with Maya who smiles and trots of the stage.

Bloodbath Generation
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Bloodbath Generation » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:53 pm

16. Bloodbath Generation
Az eszemet (Come Back Stronger)-Brendon Towers
to the tune of Hela Natten-Josef Johansson

For the second year in a row, the selection for the Bloodbathian entrant was a journey in itself. BGBC had internally selected a current top 10 hit by Tilden, one of the biggest stars in the nation. However, due to "creative differences" and fan backlash, he withdrew. With only weeks before the show, the network held an online selection, with a televised show shortly after. 5 entrants later, Brendon Towers was chosen with his anthemic, bilingual ballad. Soon after the win, it was revamped, now more polished and a dark horse. Going under the radar, he hoped his performance, song and act would come together on the night.

The song starts off with a gentle piano intro. Lights are dimmed, with a few shining faintly on Brendon. He is standing alone, a little farther back from the center of the stage, singing straight to the audience, hands at his side, not holding the microphone or the stand.

Ma már nem lehet minden nap, (Today may not be your day)
de nézd csak, ez a te életed, (But this is your life)
és öntsd fel egy üveg a sugárba, (And as you pour up a glass)
és a csillagok, (And stare at the stars)
mi lesz a ma esti gondolkodás? (What will you be thinking of tonight?)

Then, he steps up, grabs the stand fiercely and continues, whipping his head to the right, then looking straight and pointing into the camera before the melody, building up the mood.

Akkor fogta magát és azt, (Will it be of how he held you)
hogy hogyan lehet azt, (How you trusted him)
hogy azért bíztam benne. (How you thought it was really love)
Se ha kinyitod a szemed és nézze meg, (But now when you have opened your eyes)
mit lett volna a- (And seen what you have fallen for)

Putting his arms out wide, he begins the melody, pumping his fists down and bouncing, as if overcame by passion, almost religious. 4 backing singers, 2 male and 2 female, are now seen in a semi-circle around him.

Szálljon le a lábad, (Get up off your feet)
fogd meg a kezem. (And take my hand)
Gyere vissza minél erősebb (You will come back stronger)
Ígérem, hogy nem jövök vissza erősebb. (I promise you will come back stronger)

Brendon continues, as the camera pans out to show a wide view of the stage.

Van valami a levegőben (There's something in the air)
Eljött az ideje annak tiétek és (The time has come and it's yours for the taking)

Grabbing the microphone off the stand, he starts walking, with each of his 4 backing singers making moves at him, only to have Brendon push them away and keep moving. After the last person, the camera zooms in closely, so you can only see his mouth moving, and not the microphone as Brendon builds up into the melody, with the backing vocals more prominent.

Mi van ott, hogy ne veszítse el? (What's there to lose)
Mi a legrosszabb, ami lehet baj? (What's the worst that can go wrong?)
Bizonyítani mindenkinek, és látni fogják, most már te is, oh oh oh. (Prove yourself to everyone and they will see who you are now)

Brendon makes his way down the runway and to the platform for the melody. The camera pans out, and shows Bloodbathian audience members, spread out in 4 sections of the arena singing along, and others waving hands and light sticks in the air.

Szálljon le a lábad, (Get up off your feet)
fogd meg a kezem. (And take my hand)
Gyere vissza minél erősebb (You will come back stronger)
Ígérem, hogy nem jövök vissza erősebb. (I promise you will come back stronger)

Now flanked on each side by female backing vocalists, Brendon comes to the bridge.

Ah, ah ah.
Hogy nem jövök vissza erősebb
Ah, ah, ah ah.
Hogy nem jövök vissza erősebb...

The camera zooms in dramatically, only to suddenly bounce back, as the lights rise triumphantly, the key change comes in and a very loud, moving choir sound is heard across the arena. When the camera zooms out a little more, it is seen that there is one choir on stage, but also, on raised platforms inside the audience (on the floor, about 8 rows or so from the stage specifically) , are 3 other choirs. The choirs on platforms have lighting a la Sanna Nielsen (on a much smaller scale), and Brendon himself is on a rising platform like Bonnie Tyler. Now singing in English, the lyrics are seen onscreen, and many in the audience join along, making even the viewer at home get a sense of the feeling and vibe Brendon's song is giving.

Oh, oh oh.
And I know you will come back stronger.
Ohh, oh oh.
It's your day, it's your day.

And I know you will come back stronger.

Brendon puts his microphone down and smiles, very genuinely. The arena roars in applause as the platforms are brought back down, the choir members go back to their seats, and the show goes on.
Last edited by Bloodbath Generation on Sun May 11, 2014 5:48 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Zjednoczony Polski
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Zjednoczony Polski » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:37 am

Zjednoczony Polski WorldVison 31 Commentary

Chris Giagon and Jolie Wilson the presenters

"Hello folks and welcome to WorldVison 31, first time we have participated. Jon Gof is our artist and his song outside world. We are is Russadonia, Polski put that as number two but congrats. So we know our artist but who is giving our scores? Non over than King Blashew II. Tonight join POLSAT, me Chris Gigaon and my partner Jolie Wilson as we look at WorldVison gossip, the songs, scores and more! Now voting is NOT open now Jolie."
"Thanks Chris voting opens later just to make sure you don't waste money you can't have the number. So tonight we are in Russadonia. First we have a opening song *astronaut* so Celsete folks here the opening song." *opening song*

"Chris don't know your thoughts but I like the song it was number one last week in Polski so I loved it, not exactly postive and such but still. I loved Lonicas entence. My favourite bit is I dupmed when you were down. Chris thoughts?"
"I like Lonica, good band and there recent album is amazing. Just not this its depressing, its ok but not a huge fan. Suppose its a ok song but some how you like them better Jolie I think."
"Ok Chris, now our host is coming so we can tell you he was born here, its the one and only Triston Vance."
"I like him he is cool, Jolie lets tell people Triston did in fact split with his girlfriend, views on Triston ring 0789 435, not a voting line so lets listen to Triston." *Triston speaks*

Lymantatia
"Its Lymantatia, there music not that comman but known, their song and artist are DIVA, who are the most popular Lymantatia artist or group in our nation. There song is Croyez!" Chris went silent *first verse*
"Chris I am loving it, better than the video. Look there switching sides exciting good song translation later." *rest of song*
"Jolie I have to say what a bubbley, diverse song with such melody. I was grooving along."
"Chris I agree. Guys a little bit will be shown later with the phone number, I enjoyed the tune as well."

Dutzenderland

United Regions of Verona
"Chris I am not of fan of Verona music, the video was not my taste. Lets see what this brings." *Vektor, Maria and Koja run on stage and set up* "Jolie I agree, this year United Regions of Verona has there song as Kovoko by Viktor, Maria and Kojo. They are rising stars." *The song*
"Hey Jolie, that was... diffrent I disliked the song I mean Glory to the supreme leader? I am no poltican but democracy? Obvously not and part of it talks about raiding."
"I like the guitar, but yer. The langauge was good but some was a poltical stage. Jon Gof may support Vilk Mocha he dont sing. WorldVison is for fun not poltics."

Mister X
"Mister X has popularity in Polski and Jack Baxter is a good artist. His song today is I just lay down on my bed. A nice song." *song*
"Thanks Jolie, now that was AMAIZNG. That is in my head and I love it best song yet. Fantastic. Loved it. The backing singers helped and i loved the tune."
"I agree Chris a good song."

Greyoryisgodstan
"Oh Jolie, hell I hate this nation.Greg is god? No, I herad the song Multiverse. Ok but it says how greg is god. Not looking forward to it." *song*
"Chris that was not good. I like multiverse just not greg is god."
Last edited by Zjednoczony Polski on Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:13 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Nebesina
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Nebesina » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:12 pm

17. Nebesina
Podmasters - Na moy sinne (On my mind)
Melody

The Podmosters made their debut. The stage was all prepared, and peppered with Nebesinan memorabilia. Some beer cans scattered, stuffed koalas, kangaroos, emus, and a live wombat, that they had as a pet. The screen was set to show Nebesinan scenery.

Singer Gregory "Gary Glitter" Shemrov was dressed in typical Nebesinan rancher's clothes except with liberal application of glitter, while another bandmate, Boris Adamseen is seen dressed as a modern day Nebesinan teenager, and lastly, a male Aborigine (yes, like the Aussie aborigines) bandmate, David Nelayan (of the Nunga who used to inhabit the area around Nebesa before being forced in the 1900s to migrate west to Vost-Terra) wearing traditional Aborigine clothing.

David Nelayan began performing the melody on his electric guitar, Gary Glitter was ready to sing, and Boris Adamseen played the drums. Backup singers dressed as an Aborigine girl, a rancher's daughter, and a modern teenage girl in Nebesina. The screen showed a ranch in the Outback,

Everything seems to be on my mind
Everybody seems to annoy me
Heading to the ranch, I'd feel better
Even my old cow looks good,
The horses just don't go
My ostriches just go slow
I got tonight on my mind!

The chorus begins, and all sing the chorus. Between each line, they go the "do do do do do" until the third bit. The screen, showing his routine now shifts to the beautiful scenes of Nebesa.
Fick ha vesle citaya,
Vara med min druga, taka krasivaya,
Temno pulchra,
Utom oculis for mig,
Ikvall... Tratita panem,
Ikvall... Obazglavlen,
Ikvall... fa ikvall,
Nyimani, fick Nebesa moy sinne!

Gonna have fun in the city,
Be with my friends they're so pretty,
They look fine tonight,
They're out of sight to me,
Tonight....I spend my bread,
Tonight...I lose my head,
Tonight...I got to get tonight
Nyimani, I got Nebesa on my mind!

During the brief interlude, the screen returns to the ranch. The live wombat manages to maul one of the backup singers, but the singers are completely oblivious, even as the singer screamed for help. Unfortunately, the camera angle shows the wombat mauling the backup singer.

Gary Glitter then continues on.

Do the ranching drag once more,
Know of nothing else that bugs me
More than working for the rich mEn,
Hey I'll change that gig one day,
Today I might be pissed,
Tomorrow I'll be glad,
I've got Nebesa on my mind!

As the interlude occurs, a wild dingo suddenly enters the audience from the main doors and seems to run at its fastest speed to get anything. It grabs a 18 month old girl named Azaria from the audience and quickly runs out the door with the baby in its mouth. The audience is horrified, and quite a few run after the dingo. Some call the police, but the song was to be finished anyways.

Fick ha vesle citaya,
Vara med min druga, taka krasivaya,
Temno pulchra,
Utom oculis for mig,
Ikvall... Tratita panem,
Ikvall... Obazglavlen,
Ikvall... fa ikvall,
Nyimani, fick Nebesa moy sinne!

Gonna have fun in the city,
Be with my friends they're so pretty,
They look fine tonight,
They're out of sight to me,
Tonight....I spend my bread,
Tonight...I lose my head,
Tonight...I got to get tonight
Nyimani, I got Nebesa on my mind!

The concert hall was nearly deserted, and Glitter says, "THANK YOU RUSSADONIA!"
Adamseen said, "I hoped you liked it!"
Nelayan then said, "We lagi tau nggawa sing wombat kene tau maneh." (We're never going to bring a wombat here again).

The paramedics and police come to treat them. The singer who was mauled by wombat managed to live, but was heavily scratched. After an hour, the police inform the organizers that 782 people were injured. 83 are in critical condition, and 18 died, all by being trampled by the crowd. The young girl survived, but is in critical condition due to the dingo snatching her.

With that, WorldVision 31 continues.
Last edited by Nebesina on Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kalosia
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kalosia » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:49 am

Kalosia
Dance the Night Away - Krista
to the tune of The Red Shoes [분홍신] by IU

Krista was the artist chosen by RTVK to represent Kalosia in the 31st WorldVision Song Contest. There wasn't much hype around the Kalosian entry, as, contrary to some previous editions, RTVK was not very actively giving information about Kalosian participation at the event. The song topped Kalosian charts shortly after release and became one of the fan favourites.

Krista was ready, wearing a lolita-style coat-dress with a hat. It was finally time to perform. (Brackets) indicate backing singers.
The song started with an orchestral melody, in which the 'crystals' that ornament the stage were positioned at the bottom. The stage was dark, but in the background, a city skyline can be seen with a sun setting, being replaced by the moon. There was also fog effects.
The drums kicked in, the fog went off, the lights went on and so did the crystals, which were quickly lifted, exposing a drummer, 2 people playing trumpets, and a trio of backing singers. There was a mic stand in front, and Krista could be seen hurrying to it, as the camera zoomed in on her. The camera stopped zooming as she started to sing.

Are you feeling bad?
Did someone make you sad?
What’s the point of crying
If you won’t start trying?
Cheer up honey, let’s go have some fun tonight

The camera switches to a general view of the stage. (note: I won't describe every single camera position, so assume the positions change as usual)
Running from reality
We’re dreaming of a perfect bliss
Get prepared and follow me
A chance you don’t want to miss

The moon in the background has noticeably risen and will continue its path until the end of the song. Even besides that, it's not as if the background is completely static. If one looks closely, the details are animated, but the general picture stays the same.
Let us dream of a perfect world
Let your sorrows go
Dance the night away
You should know
Beauty is a miracle
Life will show you (loving is the answer)

You know what I think
You deserve it just like I do
So come on
Dance away

(Umparum-padum-dubidu-badum)
(Dance your thoughts away just for tonight)
Come on! Let’s dance!

The moon smiles, so generous
Lively streets call out to us
Treat yourself only for tonight
Leave your troubles behind
It’s okay to take a break from time to time

Running from reality
We’re dreaming of a perfect bliss
Don’t get lost in what you see
Tomorrow we’ll leave all this

Let your sorrows go
Dance the night away
You should know
Beauty is a miracle

You know what I think
So come on
Dance away

(Umparum-padum-dubidu-badum)
(Dance your thoughts away just for tonight)
Come on! Let’s dance!

Krista takes the mic off the stand and makes her way to the beginning of the catwalk.
In this next part, she gets to the island (in an energetic, half-dancing way), where another mic stand is slowly rising from the trapdoor.
(Dancing, ticka-tocka-ticka-tocka-ticka-tock yoo-hoo)
We’re having fun, aren’t we?
(Dancing, ticka-tocka-ticka-tocka-ticka-tock yoo-hoo)
As if no tomorrow

As it turns out, Krista's boots are tap-dancing boots. She places her mic on the stand and then tap dances and her boots make clicking noises. Meanwhile, her backing singers follow her onto the island. She gets back to the mic in time to sing the next part.
Let your sorrows go
Dance the night away
You should know
Beauty is a miracle

The island slowly began to rise, bringing Krista and the backing singers.
You know what I think
If only
We could rewind

(Umparum-padum-dubi-dubi)
(Umparum-padum-dubi-duba-dum)
If only we could repeat tonight

She starts tap dancing, but as the music gets faster she 'sinks' into the stage through a trapdoor.
(Again!)
(Again!)
(Again!)
(Again!)

During the outro, the camera focuses on the background where the moon sets and gets replaced by the sun (similar to the beginning of the song), and as the camera zooms out, Krista is revealed to be the front of the stage, like she had been earlier.
The audience goes wild, but Krista can only manage to say "Thank you Celeste, thank you everyone!"

Polkopia
Minister

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Polkopia » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:11 pm

Polkopian Coverage of Worldvision 31
Brought to you by Nikolai Fernsov Television, chief broadcaster of the Polkopian Nation

"Hello, and welcome to the Polkopian coverage of this edition of the Worldvision Song Contest, brought to you by NFTV. I am your host, Nikolai Fernsov, here to bring you all of the action seen here today in Russadonia who is hosting the contest for the very first time. Anyway, yes, there are your standard songs which are horrible beyond belief, but maybe we'll see some songs which will bring some light to this contest? Who knows? Anyway, the show is about to begin, so let's kick this contest off with the opening act!"

Opening Act

"Well, the music is catchy, and it certainly brought everyone to their feet. The aerial dancers were, of course, amazing, and some of the effects that were used were great as well! The lyrics weren't as welcoming as the melody and performance, but I think we can all look past that, as the energy seen here today was enough to get anyone riled up."

"I also appreciate the fact that some of the effects that were used emphasized the theme of this year's contest. Well done, Russadonia! Good on you!"

"With that, this brings us to our first act of the day... Lymantatia... Great, this should be something special. They always manage to secure one of the top three acts of the contest and never manage to grasp a top three spot in the final, isn't that funny? Anyway, that was mean. Back to the contest."

Lymantatia Performs

"Guess who's back? Yes, it's DANAE, the notoriously... infamous participant who has represented Lymantatia for nine editions of the contest now. Amazing, right? Well, for all you DANAE fans out there (If there are any), we regret to inform you that this will, in fact be her last performance on the Worldvision stage."

"Yes, and there she goes with the speech... Okay, move along now, start your song and get it over with. Thank you!"

"And there we have it. If you're just tuning in now, don't worry, you just have to rewatch last edition in order to see Lymantatia's entry. It's nothing new; a poorly-translated, repetitive song that makes you want to rip your ears off. Sorry DANAE, Je ne l'aime pas." Up next, we have Dutzenderland, another nation renowned for their terrible Worldvision entries.

Dutzenderland Performs

Reserved.

United Regions of Verona Performs

"Well, here you have an entry performed by Vektor, Maria and Kojo, who are lucky enough to be representing the United Regions of Verona in the nation's debut for the contest! I am actually pretty excited to see what they have to offer. It can't be worse than the first song, so maybe they'll set the mood for the rest of the night! Let's see!"

"Do I detect a hint of propaganda? Yes? Anyway, apart from that, it's a nice, mellow song, and I can see a few Polkopian voters voting for this nation. We do enjoy some propaganda ourselves, but not for another nation's leader."

"Pfft! I think one of them, Maria I think, just tripped! Well, there's some comic relief so far, but you have to admire how she shakes it off so easy. So far, the night has been pretty dull; nothing exciting has happened, but there's still much more to go! Up next, we have Mister X with Jack Baxter singing, "I Just Lay Down On My Bed."

Mister X Performs

"Well, what we have here is a nation who's entries have steadily gotten better and better with each passing edition of Worldvision. I like to see that. This shows that they're willing to put forth the effort to actually do well, meanwhile we have countries such as Ly-... Those who should not be named, who's entries continue to plague our beautiful contest."

"So, this entry is a bit long, yes, but I have to say, it's one of my favorite entries of the night. Granted, there have been only four entries, but this one seems powerful and emotional enough to rank high in the final scoreboard."

"Well, this makes up for the first few entries which showed little potential of scoring high. This one is probably the best so far. Up next, we have... Oh god... Gregoryisgodistan, who, last edition, executed someone on stage for saying the word, "coconut." Thank goodness I don't like there, otherwise I'd be a goner. Anyway, we'll see who they execute now.

Gregoryisgodistan Performs

Well, we open the performance with another propaganda-ridden opening, something that seems quite common for Gregoryisgodistan. And again, we have a singer who has no given name, but instead, a randomly generated set of numbers and letters. And to think, some people call Polkopia corrupt! Sure, we've had our share of genocides, and poor leadership, but we're nothing compared to... this!"

"And... we already have a statue, and lyrics that are dedicated to praising the "almighty" Gregory, who, quite frankly, doesn't seem the type to be called such. Oh, and there we have a picture of Gregory distributing food, yet he's one to implement all these ridiculous laws in his country. For one, the use of the word, "coconut" is banned and punishable by death, apparently. So far, nothing out of the ordinary has happened, and usu... Oh.. wait... there we go. Of course, we have a bomb now, which, thankfully hasn't resulted in any fatalities, but left a gaping hole in the stage. Lovely."

"It's a wonder why Polkopia hasn't declared war on these terrorists yet, but that's another story for another time. As for the song, it was pretty terrible, really. Quite frankly, I'd rather listen to Lymantatia's entry 10 times before seeing this again. Now, we're going to take a short break. Tune in shortly, for, up next we have Luziyca!"
Anthem (Instrumental) Factbook Embassy
Check out the Polkopian Premier League

1st place: 8 Times (WV25, WV30, WV35 WV39, WV44, WV48, WV50, WV75)
2nd place: 2 Times (WV26, WV34)
3rd place (8 Times: WV27, WV31, WV32, WV37, WV54, WV59, WV70, WV72)

Mister X
Ambassador

Postby Mister X » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:42 am

MRX TWO COMMENTARY: PART II

Welcome back, we've seen 12 entries, and in this part we'll be looking at the songs from the following nations:

13 LYONSLAND
14 POLKOPIA
15 KISHRAEL
16 BLOODBATH GENERATION
17 NEBESINA
18 KALOSIA

We're hearing Estenia, song number 09, has been disqualified, so don't vote for that.

Anyway, on we go!

13 LYONSLAND

Not bad at all. Quite nice but just not my cup of tea. May sneak a point from us but it's all up to you, so dial 9 12 12 13 from a mobile or 01721 12 12 13 from a landline. And we go on to Polkopia.

14 POLKOPIA

Tense, dramatic music. But I find it OK. Last year's winners to make it two on the trot? Quite possibly. To see Polkopia get a second win, dial 9 12 12 14 from a mobile or 01721 12 12 14 from a landline. Next up is Kishrael.

15 KISHRAEL

They appear to have copied the Xian formula of ballad emotionally sung. I just wish it would 'go off' at some point, sadly. But nonetheless, good song and a resurrection from Kishrael's WorldVision 30 disaster? To see Kishrael return to the top, dial 9 12 12 15 from a mobile or 01721 12 12 15 from a landline.

What do you say on Twitter?

@ThatcherSaviour: "@MRXWorldVision Communist Quinntopia have surprised everyone with that, well done. #WorldVision"
@V95Z036: "@MRXWorldVision Mister X... what a fantastic song. I also like Luzicya and Communist Quinntopia. #WorldVision"
@15-2-1: "@MRXWorldVision 15 entries so far... only one winner. Fifteen to one... #WorldVision"

16 BLOODBATH GENERATION

17 NEBESIA

Well, I've got a while to talk about this whilst the wild dingo chase continues. A rather ridiculous entry. If this was Mister Xian then I'm afraid they'd be in real trouble. After all, we were slated by our own government for allowing a duck to peck a Polkopian's feet last year. So I'm going to go walkabouts whilst the crowd are nowhere to be seen. I'm going to treat Xian viewers to a real treat here. If you follow me from the commentary box, I'm going to walk down the stairs and meet Jack, who's sneaked out from the green room to chat to us here at MRX.

Robert: Jack, ille bonus erat, non?
Jack Baxter: ita vero, et Russadonia meum amat.
R: vinis, vidis - et vicis?
JB: ita vero! canticum nostrum pro WV31 mellior quam cetera est.
R: And now we'll speak to Filius Deorum, last year's Xian entrant. Filius, is it good to be back at WorldVision?
Filius Deorum: Yes, certainly. I think we have a very good song this time.
R: Were you disappointed by only coming ninth in Polkopia?
FD: Not really, I thought anything better than Entourage would be quite good, because Entourage are a tough act to follow.
R: Let's ask them, they're standing right here. How does it feel to be back, Entourage?
Entourage: Fantastic!

I'm afraid, you lot, that's all we have time for, because I now have to move along. I'm now standing in what is largely a deserted stadium. Hold on, a Russadonian policeman's coming, let's see, then, if he has anything to say.

R: Hello, I'm from MRX, the Xian broadcaster. Do you have any comment on the ongoing situation?
Policeman: No comment.

Well, it seems as though he has nothing to say. Hold on, another policeman is going to make an announcement, I'll just stick my microphone in.

Policeman: The singer who was mauled by wombat managed to live, but was heavily scratched. Sadly, 782 people were injured. 83 are in critical condition, and 18 died, all by being trampled by the crowd.

Well, some very sad news here from WorldVision 31 in Russadonia. There will have to be some questions asked about Russadonian security and crowd control there. Anyway, it appears that, for one hour, I neglected to give you the voting number for Nebesia, not that you'll need it. It's 9 12 12 17 from a mobile and 01721 12 12 17 from a landline. Finally, we can move on.

18 KALOSIA

A 1950s throwback there from Kalosia. To vote for Kalosia, not that you'd want to, you dial 9 12 12 18 from a mobile or 01721 12 12 18 from a landline.

We'll take a break. We'll be back, don't go away.
MISTER X

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:28 am

Lord Almighty Gregory's Commentary:

Lord Almighty Gregory is the only one in Gregoryisgodistan allowed to decide anything. Democracy is banned. Consequently, he will be the only one voting in WorldVision. Here are his thoughts on the contestants so far.

01. Lymantatia

Shut up with the speech. This is a singing competition, not a boring retirement speech competition. Nobody cares! I don't care. And why can't you sing in English? This is gibberish. Truly awful entry. I don't get the point.

02. Dutzenderland

Reserved

03. United Regions of Verona

Ooh, finally an exciting entry. Funky colors and their dear leader is obviously very dear to them, just as I am very dear to all of Gregoryisgodistan. They did a very good job. I like it.

04. Mister X

Not as good as their last entry. It was rather mediocre. I'm confused by the plot. Is he gay or not? Then why does he have this lovely girl? Or is it a girl? I don't get it. Too confusing.

05. Gregoryisgodistan

Oh boy, that's us! Yay, a beuatiful postcard. It's from Gregoryisgodistan Day, the true celebration of everything Gregoryisgodistani. And now he's bowing down to a statue of me. I am so happy. And yes, beautiful song, beautifully done, and we don't have to execute him for saying a forbidden word. That's good. Oops, my slave shouldn't have given him the real bomb by mistake. I will have to remember to execute Slave UAU818 after this contest. It's his fault.

06. Luziyca

Hilarious, and his name is dogecoin. Much awesome. Much funny. Much lols. I should make a doge meme about myself. Much God. Much love. Much Gregory. I shall do it later. But this is a good song. I like it.

07. Vettrera

Fancy lighting, but the lyrics were awful. Was she kidnapped or something? If not, then get out of there. It makes no sense.

08. Vampirum

Reserved

09. Estenia

IMPOSTOR! IMPOSTOR! She is secretly a New Kolnese singer. New Koln is banned from this contest. Surely she must be disqualified and New Koln shall be punished further. I would have her executed if the contest were in this country. Too bad it isn't. That's cheating. Cheating isn't cool.

10. Communist Quinntopia

Oh boy, fireworks. That means things blow up. I like that. The lyrics and music were good too, but anything with stuff blowing up is cool. On second thought, accident or not, I will reward Slave UAU818 for giving our singer the real bomb. He shall be liberated and then I will hire him for money. Yay!

11. Britonisea

Decent. Very meh. Middle of the road in a normal contest, but actually one of the best so far somehow.

12. Zjednoczony Polski

What in My name did I just watch? This is the worst performance I've ever seen and I sat through New Koln last year. This guy should be executed for shaming his nation. I'd bring out the brownie cutter of death if he were representing us.

13. Lyonsland

Finally, a truly great performance. This one had it all. I say much reward.

14. Polkopia

Back-to-back great performances. We're getting somewhere. Good job Polkopia.

15. Kishrael

Well, the streak had to end. Very depressing, dull, boring lyrics. Hideous song. Hideous artist. Hideous lyrics.

16. Bloodbath Generation

Reserved

17. Nebesina

Ooh boy, people died! Wombat mauling, dingo charge. What fun! And now a lot of audience members have been trampled. That alone vaults this to first place on my list, but the lyrics were good too. Unless someone else blows up the stage, Nebesina is getting 12 points.

18. Kalosia

Well, it was pretty good, but how do you follow that up? I'm sorry, I don't pay much attention to performances right after wombat maulings. It's too hard.
Gregoryisgodistan, population 75,000,000. All citizens are required to worship Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state, as a deity.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
World Indoor Soccer Championship 6 - 2nd place
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
WB XXII 10th Place in Casaran, advanced to Round of 32
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,