NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Commend Omigodtheykilledkenny

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
Agaralia
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 06, 2010
New York Times Democracy

[DRAFT] Commend Omigodtheykilledkenny

Postby Agaralia » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:31 pm

NOTING Omigodtheykilledkenny's Condemn

NOTICING that the Security Council resolution "Condemn Omigodtheykilledkenny" does not include any of Omigodtheykilledkenny's acomplishments

COMMENDING Omigodtheykilledkenny's authorization of three GA resolutions as listed below
a)WA general fund
b)WA world headquarters
c)Freedom of Expression

FURTHER NOTICING Omigodtheykilledkenny's many polite posts in the 'Security Council' and the 'General Assembly' forums

INCLUDING that Omigodtheykilledkenny authored

short on time, I will finish later
Last edited by Agaralia on Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
Tom Bishop wrote:There's no point as we are already being oppressed.

South Norwega
Senator

Founded: Jul 13, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby South Norwega » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:54 pm

Agaralia wrote:Repeal "Condemn Omigodtheykilledkenny

RECOGNIZING the actions of the CSA to be things that we may not desire.

EXASPERATED that a nation could increase their carbon dioxide emissions by 1,000% every year

HOWEVER Omigodtheykilledkenny has made many contributions to WA resolutions in existence

INCLUDING that Omigodtheykilledkenny authored three WA resolutions. WA headquarters, WA general fund, and freedom of Expression

NOTING that Omigodtheykilledkenny actually likes being condemned

THEREFORE believes that a better punishment would actually be to take away their condemnation

ALSO taking the view that Omigodtheykilledkenny does not deserve their condemnation

PLEASING both sides of the issue and hereby removes Omigodtheykilledkenny's badge of hate (or badge of honor)

Spelling fixed.

This has problems.
Agaralia wrote:Repeal "Condemn Omigodtheykilledkenny

RECOGNIZING the actions of the CSA to be things that we may not desire.
First of all, the resolution needs to explain what the CSA is, and reiterate some of their actions.

EXASPERATED that a nation could increase their carbon dioxide emissions by 1,000% every year

No problems there

HOWEVER Omigodtheykilledkenny has made many contributions to WA resolutions in existence

Where does the however come from? HOWEVER Noting, NOTING that, BELIEVING that these are counterbalanced by, etc...

INCLUDING that Omigodtheykilledkenny authored three WA resolutions. WA headquarters, WA general fund, and freedom of Expression

Including? Noting, recognising would be better.

NOTING that Omigodtheykilledkenny actually likes being condemned

I don't believe this should have any bearing on anything, really.

THEREFORE believes that a better punishment would actually be to take away their condemnation

It wasn't really a punsihment, it was a humorous recognition.

Code: Select all
ALSO taking the view that Omigodtheykilledkenny does not deserve their condemnation

Then why are we punishing them by taking away their condemnation? This vaguely contradicts the last two clauses.

PLEASING both sides of the issue and hereby removes Omigodtheykilledkenny's badge of hate (or badge of honor)

Not sure what this is meant to mean. There are two sides of this issue? How will they be pleased by this? The WA was presumably pleased by passing the condemnation, I suppose.
Worship the great Gordon Brown!
The Republic of Lanos wrote:Please sig this.

Jedi 999 wrote:the fact is the british colonised the british

Plains Nations wrote:the god of NS

Trippoli wrote:This here guy, is smart.

Second Placing: Sarzonian Indoor Gridball Cup

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:08 pm

Why not commend him for the stuff about him that you admire?

Unibot
Senator

Founded: May 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:11 pm

I'd support a commendation of Kenny, I don't know if Kenny would though... :)

Agaralia
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby Agaralia » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:09 pm

But I thought that you authored it (is'nt Unibotian WASC mission one of your puppets)

South Norwega
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby South Norwega » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:29 pm

Agaralia wrote:But I thought that you authored it (is'nt Unibotian WASC mission one of your puppets)

There's nothing to stop a nation having both a Commendation and a Condemnation.

Agaralia
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby Agaralia » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:49 am

There is. Mods removed a resolution from the floor titled "Commend Omigodtheykilledkenny". So I think it is illegal.

South Norwega
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby South Norwega » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:59 am

Agaralia wrote:There is. Mods removed a resolution from the floor titled "Commend Omigodtheykilledkenny". So I think it is illegal.

viewtopic.php?p=1460105#p1460105

A relevant ruling.

Agaralia
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby Agaralia » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:06 am

Archodile was talking like she had met him in that post. Okay then. New main post is going up.

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 14, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:27 am

Unibot wrote:I'd support a commendation of Kenny, I don't know if Kenny would though... :)

Aw, why the heck not? Looky here, I even wrote my own! 8)

The Security Council,

Recalling its previous vote to Condemn Omigodtheykilledkenny for practicing fraud and deception in the enforcement of international mandates, not to mention its hypocrisy in appointing a notorious terrorist to its WA mission even while it invades and demoralizes smaller nations on trumped-up charges of supporting terrorism;

Conceding, however, that there are two sides to every coin;

Acknowledging that the inverse to the assorted evils of the Federal Republic's former UN/WA policy includes the successful commission of a new headquarters for the infant World Assembly, in the wake of a tragic arson incident that destroyed its predecessor (and was most likely perpetrated by the very same Kennyite terrorist mentioned earlier);

Noting also the passage of WA General Fund, which forever subjects member nations to the annual inconvenience of being harassed by gnomish collections agents seeking "donations"-- Oh, god! I think that's them at the door right now! Quick, turn out the lights pretend we're not home!...

Exercising its rights under Resolution #30 and freely expressing its annoyance at the Federal Republic resigning from the World Assembly and being thus immune to all the mandates it has imposed on others over the years;

Recognizing that issuing a Commendation to the Federal Republic under the auspices of the World Assembly Security Council, an organization the Kennyites openly despise, would be the ultimate insult to Kennyite national pride;

Predicting that such a provocation would likely even precipitate military action against this organization;

Realizing that the resultant onslaught of exploding penguins, Stripper Commandos, gay spray and Ashlee Simpson concerts will bring devastation to the Security Council headquarters, but also spectacular ratings and reams of cash from ad sales;

Not wanting to miss all the drama and excitement of this action-packed episode;

Inviting viewers to tune in to K-SPAN this Tuesday evening for this special primetime-TV event, sponsored by Blast! Cola and 0rville Redenbacher's Classic Popcorn™;

Hereby COMMENDS the Federal Republic of Omigodtheykilledkenny-- EVERYBODY TAKE COVER!!!
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

Agaralia
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby Agaralia » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:30 pm

Ha ha

Quadrimmina
Minister

Founded: Mar 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Quadrimmina » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:52 pm

I feel like this is a HoC violation from the first line?
Sincerely,
Alexandra Kerrigan, Ambassador to the World Assembly from the Republic of Quadrimmina.
National Profile | Ambassadorial Profile | Quadrimmina Gazette-Post | Protect, Free, Restore: UDL

Authored:
GA#111 (Medical Research Ethics Act)
SC#28 (Commend Sionis Prioratus)
GA#197 (Banning Extrajudicial Transfer)

Co-authored:
GA#110 (Identity Theft Prevention Act)
GA#171 (Freedom in Medical Research)
GA#196 (Freedom of Information Act)

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:32 pm

Quadrimmina wrote:I feel like this is a HoC violation from the first line?

See the rules - Ardchoille updated them recently, and reference to other resolutions in a proposal is no longer illegal.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council