NATION

PASSWORD

[Draft]Repeal of International Road Safety

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

The St Timothy Isles
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The St Timothy Isles » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:15 pm

Good Idea!

Thanks for the tip. I was going to nuke a large city. *Phew.*
Siv Jackson, Minister of Foreign Affairs and World Assembly votes

DEFCON 5
"To make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe..."
--Carl Sagan
"The Jonas Brothers are here. They're out there somewhere. Sasha and Malia are huge fans. But, boys, don't get any ideas. I have two words for you: predator drones. You will never see it coming. You think I'm joking."
--Barrack Obama

Create a Mario Kart track!—http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=53596

The St Timothy Isles
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The St Timothy Isles » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:29 pm

Can a mod close this forum please? I'll give it up because of the new GA resolution. :)

DEFCON 5
--Carl Sagan
"The Jonas Brothers are here. They're out there somewhere. Sasha and Malia are huge fans. But, boys, don't get any ideas. I have two words for you: predator drones. You will never see it coming. You think I'm joking."
--Barrack Obama

Create a Mario Kart track!—http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=53596

Lou Sonova
Attaché

Founded: Apr 02, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Lou Sonova » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:49 am

Kryozerkia wrote:
The St Timothy Isles wrote:Is this any good? I just wrote it in an hour and I would like to know any suggestions. :)
HOPING that a better written resolution concerning the above can be drafted by an intelligent country;

It's probably too short, but I would like some tips to make it better. :)

Here's a tip, since the first reminder seems to have not sunk in: remove that line. If you submit this proposal with that line in it, your proposal will be removed from queue for flaming.

Ok i would like to first say that yes for the sake of saftey this part in the proposal is a little heavey.But if you look at the exact wording of this clause i do believe you will see that it does not in anyway say that the author of the original resolution was not intelligent,i do believe that its just stating that the re-write of this resolution(if it shall come) should come from a different intellegent(as in experienced,intelligent game wise)should re-write it.with that in mind that part could be put to rest on its many out puts regarding its content.Though if there are SOOOOOO many people who have a problem with it perhaps it would be best to word it a little different.

The St Timothy Isles
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The St Timothy Isles » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:05 am

The St Timothy Isles wrote:Can a mod close this forum please? I'll give it up because of the new GA resolution. :)

Oops, it was defeated. DARN!

Okay, I'll reword it, thanks Lou Sonova.

DEFCON 5
--Carl Sagan
--Barrack Obama

The St Timothy Isles
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The St Timothy Isles » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:11 am

YAY! Draft 2 is done. I tried to help relations with New Rockport in this one. Tips, please.

DEFCON 5
--Carl Sagan
--Barrack Obama

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:26 am

Draft 2 is slightly* better, however, we still do not see enough "flaws" to warrant repeal. We remain, therefore, completely unsupportive of this proposed repeal.

* emphasis on the slightly. Its is still not something we could support.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

The St Timothy Isles
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The St Timothy Isles » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:27 am

Grays Harbor wrote:Draft 2 is slightly* better, however, we still do not see enough "flaws" to warrant repeal. We remain, therefore, completely unsupportive of this proposed repeal.

* emphasis on the slightly. Its is still not something we could support.

Well, thank you.

If Microcredit and Microgrants is reposted, then this will be torn down.

How would you be able to support it?

DEFCON 5
--Carl Sagan
--Barrack Obama

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:46 am

We believe we have made it abudently clear that we support the resolution as it stands, and cannot support any repeal attempt of it.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

The St Timothy Isles
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The St Timothy Isles » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:48 am

Grays Harbor wrote:We believe we have made it abudently clear that we support the resolution as it stands, and cannot support any repeal attempt of it.

Okay, you guys did make that clear.

Anyone want to give any positive tips other than Grays Harbor and New Rockport? They would be much appreciated.
Last edited by The St Timothy Isles on Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

DEFCON 5
--Carl Sagan
--Barrack Obama

Lowell Leber
Minister

Founded: Jan 27, 2010
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lowell Leber » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:10 am

Given that the International Road Safety Act is to us a fine piece of international legislation, I cannot offer any 'positve' comments on its repeal. Furthurmore, I for the life of me cannot see why so many fellow WA nations want to repeal this resolution.

With Regards,
Ms. B. Taylor
High Commissoner for WA Affairs,
The Armed Republic of Lowell Leber.
IC The Leberite Empire

New Nicksyllvania - Unjustly Deleted 4/2/11

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:56 pm

The St Timothy Isles wrote:
Grays Harbor wrote:We believe we have made it abudently clear that we support the resolution as it stands, and cannot support any repeal attempt of it.

Okay, you guys did make that clear.

Anyone want to give any positive tips other than Grays Harbor and New Rockport? They would be much appreciated.

Perhaps you should take the lack of positive tips as an indication that you will not be able to rally the support needed to actually have this repeal happen?

Bob Flibble
WA Representative

Lou Sonova
Attaché

Founded: Apr 02, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Lou Sonova » Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:45 pm

Lowell Leber wrote:Given that the International Road Safety Act is to us a fine piece of international legislation, I cannot offer any 'positve' comments on its repeal. Furthurmore, I for the life of me cannot see why so many fellow WA nations want to repeal this resolution.

With Regards,
Ms. B. Taylor

I believe too many members wil vote for it when it comes time siply cause they think its a good resolution not because of the thing it will repeal whether they are already posting in this forum or not I dont know.But you know thatll be the case you give a man a good peice of litreature and he'll go along with it no matter what.

The St Timothy Isles
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The St Timothy Isles » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:46 pm

Lowell Leber wrote:Given that the International Road Safety Act is to us a fine piece of international legislation, I cannot offer any 'positve' comments on its repeal. Furthurmore, I for the life of me cannot see why so many fellow WA nations want to repeal this resolution.

With Regards,
Ms. B. Taylor

Because it's not good.

DEFCON 5
--Carl Sagan
--Barrack Obama

Lowell Leber
Minister

Founded: Jan 27, 2010
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lowell Leber » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:03 pm

With Regards,
Ms. B. Taylor

Because it's not good.

That was a very in-depth and insightful answer. However, could you please review the reasons this resolution is 'not good'?

With Regards,
Ms. B. Taylor
Last edited by Lowell Leber on Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
IC The Leberite Empire

New Nicksyllvania - Unjustly Deleted 4/2/11

The St Timothy Isles
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The St Timothy Isles » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:18 am

Lowell Leber wrote:

With Regards,
Ms. B. Taylor

Because it's not good.

That was a very in-depth and insightful answer. However, could you please review the reasons this resolution is 'not good'?

With Regards,
Ms. B. Taylor

Okay, close this thread. It has zero support, and with Microcredit and Microgrants coming soon (there was a typo and they are redoing it) this will be useless. So close it!

DEFCON 5
--Carl Sagan
--Barrack Obama

The St Timothy Isles
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The St Timothy Isles » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:00 am

Please close this thread. Please.

DEFCON 5
--Carl Sagan
--Barrack Obama

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly