NATION

PASSWORD

Campionato Esportiva IX [Everything Thread]

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nexxus Drako
Envoy

Founded: Jan 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Nexxus Drako » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:34 am

OOC: Just a stats post so I can calculate goals and stuff, I know I'm out, so I won't clog the thread too much.

MD5: Nexxus Drako 1–0 Dandillis
12' Robert Hill

MD6: German American States 5–3 Nexxus Drako
12', 37', 56' Kevin Arland
Tracker | IIWiki
RP Population: ~250 million
Tech: Modern
Species: 58% Human, 42% Dracon
Leader: President Matthew Parker
Capital City: Drako City
KPB Football Rank - 83Rd (10.51)
IBC Basketball Rank: 13th (8.27)
UICA Rank: 63rd (7.629)
FARF Rank: 1st (22.69)
Host: FARF ARCC
Winner: None
Runner-Up: WHS 1
3rd Place: The Yttribian Open 1
4th Place: Beltane Cup 1 & 2
Founder of FARF (Australian Rules)
Like Australian Rules Football? Wanna have your league go for glory on the international stage? Enter the FARF ARCC today!
Economic Left/Right: -7.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.79

Buyan
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Buyan » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:02 am

Cut-off for the play-offs in the Royal Barangay.
From Some Village
'Bu', like in 'book'. 'Yan' like the cyclist 'Jan Ullrich'.
RP Population: 22 million
Overenthusiast and slightly naive Republic ruled by Sil Moen
State of Economy: deplorable
Weather: cold
Atmosphere: less depressing than before, but only a bit

Buyan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Buyan » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:11 am

PLAYOFFS
Barangayan Portion

Old Guard 2–0 Felix
Taijan 1–1 Eristicea (1–1 AET) (4–2 pen.)

ROUND OF SIXTEEN
Draw

Played in the Royal Barangay, scorinated by Buyan

The Royal Barangay - Estope (@ StadiumSangti, Sangti)
Paradystopia - Albaie (@ Nueva Estadio de Gatos Negros, Nuelma)
Slembanana - German American States (@ Estadio Olimpico de Pranse, Leonde)
Uitbregen - Noburu Taiyou (@ Nueva Estadio de Isla Nespa, Nespa)

Played in Buyan, scorinated by the Royal Barangay

New Sideburn - Old Guard (@ The Nine, Dyatinsk)
Swyftlandre - Taijan (@ Unter dem Linden, Pallstadt)
The Licentian Isles - Apox (@ Havssidanstadion, Bengtsmark)
Northern Sunrise Islands - Dandillis (@ Novas Pylimasstadionas, Viztourzys)
Last edited by Buyan on Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
From Some Village

The Licentian Isles
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Licentian Isles » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:41 pm

Cyan-and-Gold Observer

The Best of Enemies

After a dominant group stage where the Licentian Isles recovered from a loss to Brenecia in the first match to go on a five-game winning streak, and top the group ahead of Brenecia, the Cyan-and-Gold have the draw that everybody in Esportiva was hoping to see. The Licentian Isles will face Apox in the Campionato’s Round of 16.

Even for somebody with absolutely no acquaintance with Esportivan sports, it should be clear why the Licentians and Apoxians are bitter rivals. The distance between the two nations is tiny, and each nation’s culture has influenced the other since the nations were first established. When the “Mainlanders” and the “Islanders” face off, whether it be in Dwile, Montfort or further afield, the atmosphere and, more importantly for many, the stakes, are at their highest.

In other sports, the rivalry is much more friendly. In rugby union, the Super Sixteen unites and divides the two nations annually as the best sixteen sides in both the Isles and Apox face off to be crowned the Champions of the Channel, while in cricket, most Licentians would consider the Auld Enemy, Cyborg Holland, to be a bigger concern than the side across the channel. However, in football, the desire to beat the Apoxians is bigger than the desire to beat the Dutch, the Sargossans and the Republicans put together.

The Licentians often chant about their hatred for the Apoxians, even when they are playing elsewhere; in fact some of the most commonly heard terrace songs mention the Apoxians. Here’s just one example (that also mentions the Dutch):

Follow, follow,
We will follow Cyan,
We’ll follow them wherever they go.
Montfort, Abingdon,
Fuck the Dutch and Apoxians,

As you can probably tell, there was always a rampant rivalry between the Cyan-and-Gold and the Red Dragons. Even before the revolution on the Isles, there was always a danger at matches between these two sides that there would be flares lit, offensive chants sung, and even a break-out of sporadic violence. Now that a new culture of Licentian football hooliganism has emerged, it is expected that the Havssidanstadion will be covered in blood, and the skies of Bengtsmark will be filled with cyan and red smoke.

The use of the Havssidanstadion to host the biggest game in this Campionato so far has caused some controversy on both sides of the Channel. The stadium only holds 32,000 people, and is the second smallest stadium to be hosting games in the Round of 16, only beating the Unter der Limden in Pallstadt, which will hold the clash between Swyftlandre and Taijan. Many journalists have criticised the decision to attempt to fit the massive support that the Licentian Isles and Apox are certain to bring into such a small stadium, and many have suggested that some fans will attempt to sneak into the ground without a ticket, possibly meaning a dangerously high crowd at the game.

It is almost certain that the winner of this game will go on to win the Campionato, or at least make it all the way to the final. This is the biggest game of the Campionato so far, and the biggest game between Apox and the Licentian Isles in our memory. I certainly wouldn’t miss it for the world, and I don’t think you should either.

The best two teams in Esportiva will face off. Only one can advance. Let’s make sure it’s us.
Last edited by The Licentian Isles on Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Two Time Esportivan Champions

Apox
Minister

Founded: Jun 30, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Apox » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:24 pm

A cackle of shrill laughter could be heard from the back of the office. Will Wheatlock turned around, curious to see what had caused this sudden outburst. As soon as he looked around, he knew what it was all about. Hannah Norton, the resident football nerd in the office was hunched over her computer, staring intently at the screen, clearly watching live coverage of something.

Will was bored anyway, filling forms on an old, third-hand computer was mind numbingly boring and yet very frustrating due to the lack of speed of the machines. Hannah, was on her laptop and therefore wasn't experiencing such problems. He heaved himself up off his chair and sauntered over to see what was funny. Hannah briefly looked up as he approached before staring back into the screen. Will stood next to her and peered over her shoulder onto the small screen.

"What's happening?" he asked. Hannah turned quickly, before impatiently explaining,

"Campionato Round of 16 draw, obviously," before turning back to the screen.

"So?"

"So?! This is big, we wanted a good draw, we've only gone and drawn The Licentian Isles! It'll be a fabulous game, sure, but realistically, we're fucked." A moment of time followed, during which Northern Sunrise Islands and Dandillis were drawn against each other. Finally, Will spoke up again,

"Surely it's not that bad, we're ranked higher than them right?" Hannah tutted, and opened a new tab, frantically typing, talking whilst she did so,

"In the KPB rankings yes. Regionally, they're ranked 4th, and they have a great record when it comes to the knock-outs. Make no mistake, we'll be up against this time around." The page loaded, and she scrolled through it,

"See, let's look at our previous matches against them. A 0-0 draw in CEV, a loss 1-0 in extra time in the semi-final of CEVII before a 2-0 loss in a friendly against them last CE. They are just better against us. There's no way around it. Lets hope Tregajorran goes on a mad one against them, eh?" Will simply nodded slowly, his mind struggling to take in so much random knowledge before returning to his workspace. Fucking football nutters.
The History of Modern NSSports internationalpost.apx (Newswire) The Apoxian Compendium
Winners: Campionato Esportiva IV, V & XVI, World T20 Championships VI, Imperial Chap Olympiad
Runners-up: CoH 58, World T20 Championships V, Campionato Esportiva XII
Third: Campionato Esportiva XIII
Fourth: Campionato Esportiva VII & XV
Baptism of Fire 50, Cup of Harmony 56, World Cup 69, World Cup 73, World Cup 82
Friendly Cups 2 & 6, World T20 Championships II, Campionato Esportiva IV, VIII, XII & XXIII, GCF Season 4, 8 & 10

Old Guard
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Old Guard » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:28 pm

Sparks of Revolution - Part Six

Part One
Part Two
Part Three
Part Four
Part Five

In the office of the house in which Reuben was now hiding in, the phone rang loudly. There was a long stunned silence in the room, before John the True slowly reached for the phone. They'd just be discussing how they were going to fight back against Skar and this was a most unhelpful interruption.

"Hello?" asked John timidly, as Reuben waved for him to put the phone on speaker. John did so, and as he did so, his eyes widened. The speaker phone spluttered on;

"Hello? Where've you gone, godammit!" Another hushed silence, as Reuben furiously asked John who it was.

"Skar" he mouthed, incredulously, before saying out loud, "What do you want?"

"To speak to our most glorious King, King Reuben the First" he said, with mock sincerity.

"What the bloody hell do you want, you little bastard?!?" said Reuben, unable to contain himself any longer. The only accompanying sound was of Skar's manic laughter, the man was clearly insane.

"Well, really to gloat as my forces overwhelm yours across the country, making me its glorious ruler. Ha!" Now it was Reuben's turn to gloat.

"Well, it's seems I'm in control now then Skar. I've just ordered a missile strike on the Office of the King, which will reach you in approximately 2 minutes. While by that time you may or may not be in the building, you won't be able to get everything out in time, meaning your operation will crumble." Reuben waited, hoping to hear him be disappointed. However, the opposite occurred. Skar started laughing.

"Well, then, I'm sorry to disappoint you, that I've just ordered a nuclear missile strike on various points in Old Guard, turning your fine country into a radioactive wasteland. You have two hours to find them. Enjoy that you pleb! And yes, I'm never going to tell you where they are or where I got them from. Goodbye, Reuben." And with that the phone line went dead, to the stunned silence in the room. Was he bluffing? Why would he bluff, the missiles had already been sent? They could only take him seriously.

"Ok folks," said John the True, somehow still keeping his head, "seems we've got two hours to evacuate an entire country, let's get to it! And I want you to FIND THOSE FUCKING MISSILES!"

Twenty minutes later, the emergency broadcast had been made, telling people to either get out or to spend their last hours with their loved ones. Reuben was sat dejected outside the house, he heard someone sit down next to him. It was John the True.

"Hi My Lord," he began, but Reuben interjected.

"Have they found the missiles yet?" Johns sigh said more than words could,

"No Sir, though they say they're getting there. Anyway, the point is, is that its time to get you out of here."

"No"

"Sir, I insist..."

"No. I ran away in coming here. No, you take the children, you get out of here, you are more important than I. No, I'll take the chopper back to Oldem, I'll be with my people when the missiles fall. I will not be persuaded otherwise." On this occasion it was clear to John that Reuben would not be turned.

"Well Sir, I'll come with you to Oldem, see that your safe as you go. I'd also like permission to fly out in your helicopter if possible with my family."

"Granted, John, no need to even ask."

Oldem was a state when they landed. A couple of days of fighting had meant the place looked a little worse for wear, but the flocks of people trying to get off the island had lead to full scale panic. As Reuben stepped off the helicopter at the airfield, a number of people rushed towards it, but the Old Guard soldiers accompanying them prevented anyone from coming on. John's wife and child rushed towards the helicopter, and after being given the nod, were let on board. Reuben began to step off, before turning on the step, and grabbing John's arm.

"John, if..." he began to tear up at this point, "if anything should happen to my children, then I appoint you as my successor, you hear? I've been thinking about this a bit, and well, here it is in writing. Just in case, they, well, you know." He handed John an envelope, and before John could say anything had disappeared into the crowd as the helicopter began rising, leaving Old Guard behind for the last time.

The tactical strike squad were getting close now. They knew they had just minutes to get to the nukes, before they were sent off and Old Guard was condemned, all by the hands of a madman and a few easily led lieutenants. They were still trying to find a panicking lieutenant who could tell them where the nukes were kept, but, truth be told, the ones they'd found didn't have a clue. The head of the strike force, one Captain James of Ledley, suspected that knowledge of the nukes was destroyed when the Office of the King was destroyed.

Suddenly one of the radio operators called the squad to a stop. James set up an all round defense before hurrying over to the operator in question.

"Yes?" he asked, impatiently. The operator pushed a couple of buttons before replying,

"They're saying the building is located two streets across, on Hill Road, about a click away." The operator hadn't finished talking before James was moving, calling the squad to come with him.

"Squad follow me!" he said, breaking into something between a jog and a sprint, flying down the street until he reached Hill Road. The younger, fitter members of the squad overtook him at that point, and they reached the warehouse first. Of course, the door was locked, but the combined firepower of 5 desperate men with assault rifles soon had the door swinging open.

As the large door swung back, there was a "wooshing" sound, and four missiles flew into the air, leaving trails behind. James stared open mouthed, as his heart fell.

"Oh Shit."

OOC: You think it's all over? It's only just getting started, this will be continued in "Forged in Fire" in WC68. Hope those reading this RP have enjoyed it, and I hope you enjoy what's to come.
Last edited by Old Guard on Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Puppet of & county within Apox

New Sideburn
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Sideburn » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:28 am

THE BRINEMOUTH HERALD
MORTLOCK ANNOUNCES AMBITIONS
by Theodora Kendall

Jess Mortlock was a surprise to many when she became the Cormorants manager - the bookies had placed her a distant fourth behind overwhelming favourite Karlos Cypress, current U-21 manager Darryl Boyden and Brinemouth manager Larissa Garrotte. Of the four, Mortlock is the second-youngest and the least experienced, but is the only one to have worked directly under Ramsey - she was his assistant for two years, and goalkeeping coach before that. Many are sceptical, but Mortlock has made no secret of her intentions as manager; 'Carpe Everything'.
-------------------------------------------------------------
TK: Carpe Everything? Isn't that Treason's motto?
JM: Right. Carpe means seize, while everything... it plainly outlines the ambition, shall we say.
TK: And how do you intend to do this? You've mentioned 'making use of our strength' in most interviews.
JM: A major problem with our team in the past is we've been inflexible. We have strengths that allow us to stand up to the world powers, but it's a matter of harnessing that.
TK: Some might call that 'reactive planning'.
JM: Yeah, well, I call it 'rolling with the punches'. A confident high-pressing game worked at home against Eura, but when we lost the home advantage they put six past us.
TK: So what do you propose?
JM: Think back to the 66 Cycle-
TK: I am. We switched to 3-5-2 sometimes. And were shit when we did.
JM: Right, but for most of the tournament we changed to a 4-4-1-1; not for the right reasons, necessarily. The reasons were mostly to get three of our most talismanic players, Oakwood, Brandon and Brightley, onto the pitch at once. Thunder as lone striker. And it worked. By playing defensive and making runs down the wings, Brightley playing behind the striker, we can scalp goals against stronger teams while keeping ourselves secure.
TK: Choked near the end, though.
JM: But in matches I'd have used the diamond. It's a matter of being flexible, you understand. We need to be able to overpower weaker opponents and outlast stronger ones, and that can't happen without adapting our tactics.
TK: What about youth? You've picked an older roster than Ramsey did last year.
JM: It's mostly just the same players, for now. But with time, it will become less marked.
TK: A lot of eyes are on Gerhard Thunder. 35 next year, will he keep the 7 shirt?
JM: I want him with us in the next World Cup, but he probably won't start. It's not just his age, but our other strikers will be coming into their primes as well. I doubt we'll ever have another with Thunder's instinct, though. He'll keep the 7, though - it's an icon. I have high hopes for the squad in general, but I'll reserve further comments for now.
TK: Fair enough. So... in the present. Are we going to defend our title?
JM: What kind of question is that... ? Obviously we're going to try. And I'd say we have a strong shot of it, on par with the likes of Licentian Isles, Apox and Northern Sunrise Islands, our record has proven this. Can I guarantee it, of course not.
TK: You're right, so let me rephrase. Are you confident?
JM: Yes.
TK: And as for the World Cup... ?
JM: Look, I think we're in the start of a new era here. I'm not talking about my arrival here, either - but a golden age for the nation. You can just feel this is the time where the Cup becomes something we expect, rather than something we just pray for and never quite make it.
TK: Alright. Well, I wish you luck for the Old Guard match next week, but knowing your track record you'll be tight-lipped about your feelings on the match-up.
JM: They're a decent side, but I think we can all agree it's one we should win. We'll hopefully see it play out on the pitch.
TK: Alright, then good luck.
JM: Thank you.

*No disrespect intended to Apox/Old Guard; basically all The Plans will be largely in the same vein, don't worry! And hopefully I might even learn to write coherently on a tablet...
Last edited by New Sideburn on Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
The old ways were best!

Original nation behind Nephara. New Sideburn now symbolises an ideal, rather than a nation.

Noburu Taiyou
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Noburu Taiyou » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:16 pm

Somewhere in Yttribia

The Republican Wrestling Conglomerate had managed to book an arena in Yttribia, in some place they had never heard of. They somehow managed to sell several thousand tickets. Due to the tiny arena that they had managed to book, this was a sellout crowd, for an event that was clearly being treated as a secondary event by all involved.

The undercard of the event was extremely uninspired. Mr. Sagese had booked a bunch of matches involving wrestlers that were typically lucky to make it onto the bottom of the card. While the match between the Ferocious Falcon and Peter Wheeler turned out to be surprisingly good, none of the matches involved stars and nothing noteworthy happened on the undercard. The Ferocious Falcon was a masked wrestler who was actually quite athletic, but he barely spoke English, so the RWC treated him as what Mr. Sagese euphemistically referred to as "enhancement" talent. Peter Wheeler was treated as enhancement talent because, despite his clear talent in the ring, he lacked the ability to be entertaining when it was his time to talk. Sagese had no interest in getting behind somebody who couldn't carry himself on the microphone, since his television programs routinely packed less than 10 minutes worth of actual wrestling into 3 hours of television.

Mr. Sagese preferred a talk-heavy formula for television because he had seen the minute-by-minute ratings and noticed that viewers always tuned out whenever a wrestling match, especially a straight-up wrestling match with no gimmicks, was put on television. However, his programs gained and maintained viewers whenever the wrestlers were talking or otherwise advancing their storylines. Therefore, the owner of the RWC had concluded that he would fill his television programs with hours upon hours of talk and plenty of controversial storylines, but little actual wrestling. That way, he could attract an audience with shock value. In fact, the entire thing with Lucia saying that Kyle Bolton could "rape her any time he wants" was all his idea in the first place and he had to spend weeks convincing the stubborn girl to actually do it. By pouring gasoline onto that fire, he brought a massive amount of publicity to his company. This publicity only made him even wealthier, paving the way for his on-demand streaming service and his international expansion.

Yttribia was not one of Sagese's preferred destinations on his international tour. At the top of that list was Felix, but no arena in Felix would agree to let him host a show in that country, rightly fearing that Sagese would put on an offensive show that would likely cause a riot. Yttribia was one of just 2 nations in Esportiva where he was able to find an arena. The Northern Sunrise Islands were a major market for his "sport," but he would need to hook the Yttribians as well if he wanted to grow his company.

After the undercard concluded, it was time for the steel cage match involving Perrin Dupois and Malcon Vela. This match was for the Interfederational Championship, the second most prestigious singles championship in the RWC. Dupois was considered a major future star for the RWC and was currently in the midst of the longest Interfederational Championship reign in quite a few years. He was a bad guy in the storylines, but was already receiving some applause from the crowd. He made sure that wouldn't be the case in Yttribia by bringing up how Yttribia had performed in the Cup of Harmony and in the CE and even comparing them unfavorably to New Koln. This ensured that the crowd would be booing him out of the building and cheering for Vela. In his pre-match comments, Vela talked about how happy he was to be wrestling in Yttribia and how we wanted to entertain the fans. This was the usual generic "good guy" interview. Vela was known for being all-around mediocre in the Free Republics, but he wasn't terrible in the ring or on the mic. That was enough to stay employed by the RWC as a background figure in their shows.

Mr. Sagese had intended this match to be a test, to see if Dupois could carry a weaker opponent in front of a crowd that largely wasn't familiar with his programming or his wrestlers. Sagese was even sure that quite a few of them weren't all that familiar with the wrestling business. He was considering turning Dupois into one of his top guys, but first the youthful Dupois needed to prove himself. He needed to prove that he could put on a good main event in front of a crowd that wasn't familiar with the RWC and make Vela look like a star in the process. That was a difficult task to ask of anybody.

The match had a slow start, as Dupois used stalling tactics to avoid fighting his opponent. These tactics infuriated the crowd, who began to boo him even more loudly. Eventually, Vela left the ring and began chasing his opponent around the ringside area, until Dupois decided to get into the ring. Dupois tripped over his own feet and something resembling a wrestling match finally broke out. Vela used the opportunity to place an armbar on Dupois, trying to take away his Lariat, Dupois's finishing move. The steel cage finally came down from the ceiling while Vela had his opponent in the armbar and soon both men were locked inside of the cage.

Soon enough, Dupois was able to get out of the armbar. At this point, the match turned into more of a brawl. Both Dupois and Vela traded strikes back and forth, until Dupois tossed his opponent into the cage, splitting him open. Vela came back at his opponent, angered by these events, and tossed him into the cage. With both of them now cut open, they began to pull out some wrestling moves. The match went back-and-forth over and over again, until Vela slammed his opponent and went for an elbow off from the corner of the ring. He missed the elbow. Dupois got to his feet first, lifted his opponent up and ran into the ropes to set up a Lariat. He connected on it and went for a pin on his opponent. After that fell short, he lifted him up and went for a second lariat, which was countered as Vela tossed his opponent over his head and down to the mat below. Vela went for another elbow and, this time, he landed it and began to climb the cage in an effort to escape.

As Vela was halfway out of the cage, Dupois began crawling toward the door, signalling for the referee to open it. The referee opened the door. It was going to be a race toward the finish. In the end, they both seemed, initially to make it out of the cage and to the floor at the same time. However, instant replay showed that Dupois had made it out just a split second sooner. Dupois had retained the championship. Mr. Sagese considered his performance satisfactory. Now, only the show in the Northern Sunrise Islands remained on the schedule for the RWC's Tour De Esportiva.
Now fully independent former Esportivan colony of the Federation of Free Republics

German American States
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby German American States » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:06 pm

For the sake of my own stat keeping and everybody else's here's full match reports for all of my games played in Group 1. Please do not count this for my RP points, except if you REALLY want to.

MD1: German American States 0 - Dandillis 1
34' Rizzi Fogué
56' Image Karl Strauber

MD2: German American States 3 - Tasarilia 1
28' Tasarilla striker, unknown
56' Hans Wippenbeck
60' Gunnar Baumgartner
84' Lukas Krohn

MD3: Nexxus Drako 2–3 German American States
12' Robert Hill
16' Harrison Gin
31' Konrad Meisenhal
39' Konrad Meisenhal
64' Konrad Meisenhal

MD4: German American States 2–0 Dandillis
52' Erik Rogalski
78' Gunnar Baumgartner

MD5: Tasrailia 2–4 German American States
14' Dante Ruiz
36' Erik Rogalski(PEN)
42' Unknown
57' Unknown
69' Konrad Meisenhal

MD6: German American States 5–3 Nexxus Drako
12' Kevin Arland
24' Lukas Krohn
36' Hans Wippenbeck
37' Kevin Arland
56' Kevin Arland
59' Hans Wippenbeck
74' Hans Wippenbeck
81' Erik Rogalski

And now, the your scheduled RP!

Congress Approves Creation of the Hardeland Territory

MILWAUKEESBURG- The National Congress has approved a bill to claim the unoccupied land south and east of the Niederbach after natural gas was discovered there.

The Hardeland Formation Act was passed 32 votes to 17 by the largely DHP Congress. Dietich Hummel, Congressional Majority Leader(DHP) spearheaded the process, bringing what some are calling the "Gas Man", Martin Hildemeyer into talks with the President over the claim. Hildemeyer is the CEO of the Energie Conglomerate Ltd. and one of the most wealthy men in the country.
The territorial claim.

Hummel said in a joint speech with President Johann Kruger that the claim would open up over 20,000 jobs in an already prospering economy. The jobs range from working in the capital of Rothau-am-Niederbach to working for one of the main gas companies at drilling sites to registering for a mining license to do the drilling yourself. The territory, named after founding father Domonik Harde, will not have any state rights, instead complying directly to national law, as well as several provisions made by the Congress. The Congress will almost act as the territorial legislature, passing provisions to be implemented in the territory. There will be elected advisers to travel to the capital and represent the territory, although they will not have any voting power.

It appears that Hummel, who is running in the 2018 elections, will use this as one of his main points for why he should be elected president. He will be running against the staunchly Bamberger-esque Johann Kruger, who has a lot of support from the conservative majority in the country. The real question is if Hummel can appeal his message to the largest amount of people and perhaps change the minds of this largely Traditionalist Party country where political apathy runs wild. Hummel will also make the point that most of the laws passed by Congress that he spearheaded did not change life for the majority of German Americans, but granted freedoms to the select few without compromising the majority of citizens.

This claim also creates two new borders. To the east now lies Apox, and to the northeast is Commune PDTv2. The main concern is not with the relatively peaceful Apoxians, but with the Communadi, who have oppressed their people for a very long time. The Kreigsmachen announced they will gradually increase military presence in the Hardeland, as well as along the borders, to protect the gas fields. It will be interesting to see how the Esportivan community will react to the claim.
IC: The Demokratik Republik of Rüntenbach
“Tendimus ad altiora”
Region:Esportiva Demonym: German American
Capital: Muenchewald Trigramme:RTB Population: 67 million
Ranked 30th in the world for football/soccer(KPB:23.11)
Order Adler Sport!(In HueD™)|National Map|Kit Directory/Discussion Thread|Sports Accomplishments|Wiki
"AND I JUST STARTED SWIMMING"-SJG

Paradystopia
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Paradystopia » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:28 am

Everyone
This get's a little twisted and graphic towards the end, just giving you fair warning.

GAS
No offense intended. Obviously the officious Communadi hate everyone. Regarding the borders, generally the Commune is okay south of the river. It's the more Paradystopi part of the country. I'd be more concerned about fortifying your borders at Gruenwald(?) personally ... ;)
"Hardeland? Have you read this?"

The woman glanced at the short article on the screen before issuing a grunt of disgust. The pair were located in some dank cellar illuminated solely by a single bulb which dangled precariously from a wire from the mouldy ceiling and the glow of the laptop screen set up on an ill-balanced desk. In a nearby chair, Lucius; the Insomniac was bound. Several pads and wires attached about his head leading into the computer and a trickle of blood running across his lips and chin from the blow which had rendered him unconscious.

"Can't you find a German American source? This Paradystopi liberal bullshit is making me feel queasy. Peace and love, acceptance, diplomatic and trade potentials. Eurgh. Let's at least hear from the aggressors."

A few clicks and a page of black, red and yellow opened. The pair hastily devoured the new information.

"So they're planning to steal our oil."
"Slimy toads."
"We should've annexed that area long ago. Even if it would mean extending our borders with Apox."
"Ha ... check this. 'The main concern is not with the relatively peaceful Apoxians, but with the Communadi, who have oppressed their people for a very long time.'"
"I guess Alpha's foreign policy of promoting the Glorious Commune as a land of opportunities and freedom is failing to wash with the Esportivan press."
"Well, that's why we're here."
"Indeed it is. The Sigismund's have stifled our land for far too long."
"What about this? The Kreigsmachen announced they will gradually increase military presence in the Hardeland, as well as along the borders, to protect the gas fields."
"They want to fortify the Southern border? Haha ... Clueless morons. I'm sure they'll have an abundance of trouble from the Paradystopi-loving farmers in that area. Probably have more trouble with asylum seekers. Filthy deserters. Since the war, they've not been able to get into Apox. I'm sure they'll love the chance of a second bite of the cherry. Haha."

Lucius grunted slightly as though in an attempt to rouse himself. The Communadi pair looked to each other. The time was at hand. The first step of the great revolution. With a nod, the bearded man departed the room. Timing was essential and to counter-act the Commune's defenses, everything needed to come together at exactly the right moment. He was to orchestrate his contacts within the Commune. The woman was to extract the necessary information, by any means. Lucius writhed himself upright and squinted at the woman, with a wry smile he spoke.

"Morticia. Morticia Xemaiskin."

Morticia was taken aback. Never had personal names been exchanged between the operatives. Lucius maintained his unnerving smile as he licked the blood from his lips. Tasting it, he breathed deeply and shuddered with ecstasy.

"Salty, ferric ... oh, this is divine."

With an almost sexual glee, he bit deeply into his tongue and sucked gently at the wound without moving his eyes from Morticia's.

"Lucius ... Give us the codes for Muskul'Nuul ... or ... or ..."
"Or else? Or else what? Morticia, darling, you're going to turn me on talking like that."

Morticia hadn't a clue what to say and stood, frozen watching the bound man continue to suck at his own blood. Lucius had noticed the wires connected to his head. With a simple blink, he made the screen jitter and crackle and giggled as a child at this outcome.

"Hehe. Muskul'Nuul has some scary things inside it's walls you know? Dark, dangerous and on the whole deeply unpleasant things ..."
"Lucius. Stop fucking about. Just give us the codes and you're free to go."
"Don't you want a little fun? It's been so long since I felt alive."
"The codes Lucius!"

Morticia found herself grasping a hammer and wielding it in an attempt to look powerful. Inside, she had never been so fearful.

"A hammer? So no foreplay? Hahahaha. Was hoping you'd at least take a tooth or a fingernail first."
"Lucius? What's happened to you?"
"Go on, do the knee! Shatter that little fucker right up! Go on!"
"LUCIUS!"

The manic prisoner became silent though breathing deeply and rocking backwards and forwards. The grin upon his lips scarcely flickered. He sniggered to himself.

"Lucius is gone. Only I remain."
" ... so who are you?"
"Sjmon. Sjmon Says. You can call me 'Sy'."

Morticia drew a gun and pointed it square at Sjmon's head.

"Whoever the fuck you are, I will get those codes."

The computer screen lit up with a barrage of computer jargon. Codes, encryptions, everything. Morticia darted to the desk. All the information they could possibly need to bring down the Alpha government of the Commune. Scanning quickly over this new pot of gold, her eyes fell upon the final line. Coherent words within a mass of abstract letters.
Code: Select all
Look behind you
She turned to find herself face-to-face with who once was Lucius. The chair to which he had been bound scattered and dismantled about the floor. Before she could utter a word, Sjmon's teeth were plunged deep into her throat, crushing her windpipe and rendering her voiceless. With a violent shake of his head, he tore a great chunk of flesh from her neck and cast her body to the floor. Licking her still warm blood from his face, he watched her splutter, twitching to silence.

Pandora's box was well and truly open.
ðe Pantiſsokratik Mayrittoghraſye of Paradyſtopia
Demonyme: Paradyſtopi
Capittel Sitee:Newetoun
Baysed y': Eſporteve (Esportiva)

Officially the NSRB's Vulgar Person, or whatever 'VP' means ...

Sangti
Ambassador

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sangti » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:45 am

The eight squads that will compete in the Barangayan side of the knockout round of the Campionato Esportiva arrived in the nation one by one, days before the Round of 16 will commence. They went to the Arena Nacional in Sangti to meet with the Gran Supremo, Antonio Arias. At exactly eight in the evening, the heavily guarded arena witnessed a grand opening number featuring some of The Royal Barangay's most famous singers, Sarah Velasquez, Ogie Gibbs, Janno Alcasid, Jaya Velesquez and Regine. But then Jastin Biber sang after them, with boos arousing from the crowd.

After the song number, the dance troupes from Lafoxpa performed a native dance that they usually perform during their festivals. Then, the famous dance group Barangayan All Stars took on the floor and showed daredevil moves. After the opening numbers, the players and staff from the eight nations took on the stage to be applauded by the audience, many of them who were handpicked by Arias to attend the event; others won promotional events around TRB to gain access in the event, along with tickets for the remaining stages of the competition, in which they chose a match to be watched. These tickets were sponsored by the KPMB along with the other sponsors.

As Antonio Arias goes to the podium to deliver his message to the participating nations, one member of the audience stood up, ran to the Gran Supremo and attempted to punch him in the face. Fortunately, Kasangga forces were on action, immediately stopping him from punching Arias. He was arrested and was ejected out of the arena. When the commotion calmed down, Arias started to deliver his speech.

Greetings, everyone. It is a pleasure to see you all in this venue. For all the players and the staff of the participating nations in the Barangayan portion of the Knockouts, and to those who are in the Buyanese side of the draw, who obviously are not here, and to those who are in their homes, watching this event on their televisions, may I give you my gratitude for your continuous support of the biggest competition in the region.

For all the participants, they will be given free accommodation in Hotelier Sangti, one of the nation's most prestigious hotels, and each of the participating teams shall be given a free rental of Anutin Tabu buses, one of the well-known automobile companies in the nation. They will be given a driver each, and a staff of five people who understand their language to be assigned to each national team. The accommodations in host venues are also ready, as the national teams will go to the venue one or two days prior to their scheduled match, and that is also offered free of charge, courtesy of the KPMB. Just make sure that every member of the delegation shall wear their ID's provided by the KPMB. Should anyone lose his or her ID, attention must be brought immediately to their assigned staff to process a replacement ID, which will last for one to two working days. For those teams who are playing in Isla Nespa, we will give you extra bodyguards for your protection and safety.

Now, for the fans of the nations and those who are planning to enter the nation, please do not give our security team headaches, do not bring any dangerous items in your luggage, or they will bar you from entering Barangayan soil. Also, please review the rules and regulations brought to you by the authorities, and follow them. Noncompliance shall result to immediate deportation. This will also apply to the players and staff of the participating teams.

Once again, thank you and Welcome to The Royal Barangay.

Once Antonio's speech ended, everyone applauded and the opening event, which lasted for an hour and a half, concluded. The teams were brought to their hotel rooms to spend their first nights in the capital.

Lineup vs Estope: Villejo; Bayona, Arceo, Ang, Bautista; K. Khan, Mateo, Linsangan, Pasamonte, E. Khan; Corsiga
THE ROYAL UNION OF SANGTI AND THE FILINDO ISLES
Region: Esportiva | Sportswire | Trigramme: TRB | Leader: TBA | Libertad Sportswear
Founder, Trofeo de Paz | Co-organizer, IUBC, International Domestic Basketball competition (with Buyan)
Winners, World Baseball Classic 29, NSCAA 6, Federation Club Cup I, Rugby Union World Cup 23 | Qualified for World Cup 68, 69 and 71
<NWW|MOC> Well, I should probably head for bead.
<+Audio> "Tuna has been extortionate since around 2007, stop complaining, jizzballs"
<SNT-FFR> Apparently, I'm not a "good" sports RPer :p
[04:20] <Glo> Ohkay...
[04:20] <Glo> So Esper is officially down
[04:20] <@commerceheights> then how are you sending this message? :P

Buyan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Buyan » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:00 am

ROUND OF SIXTEEN
Barangayan Portion

The Royal Barangay 6–3 Estope

Paradystopia 1–0 Albaie

Slembanana 0–1 German American States

Uitbregen 1–1 Noburu Taiyou (2–2 AET) (4–3 pen.)

QUARTERFINALS MATCHES

The Royal Barangay vs Paradystopia
at Estadio Mogya, Mogya (capacity 41,000)

German American States vs Uitbregen
at Estadio de los Verdes Prados, Cintore (capacity 55,000)
Last edited by Buyan on Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
From Some Village

Sangti
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sangti » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:01 am

ROUND OF SIXTEEN
Buyanese Portion

New Sideburn 0–1 Old Guard

Swyftlandre 0–1 Taijan

The Licentian Isles 1–0 Apox

Northern Sunrise Islands 1–0 Dandillis

QUARTERFINALS MATCHES

Old Guard vs Taijan
at Havssidanstadion, Bengtsmark (capacity 34,000)

The Licentian Isles vs Northern Sunrise Islands
at Novas Pylimasstadionas, Viztourzys (capacity 36,000)
Last edited by Sangti on Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Region: Esportiva | Sportswire | Trigramme: TRB | Leader: TBA | Libertad Sportswear
Founder, Trofeo de Paz | Co-organizer, IUBC, International Domestic Basketball competition (with Buyan)
Winners, World Baseball Classic 29, NSCAA 6, Federation Club Cup I, Rugby Union World Cup 23 | Qualified for World Cup 68, 69 and 71
<+Audio> "Tuna has been extortionate since around 2007, stop complaining, jizzballs"

Paradystopia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Paradystopia » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:57 am

The beeping of the phone cut harshly into the silent atmosphere. After allowing it to ring several times first, a hand withdrew the earpiece from its holster and brought it to their face.

"Well?"
"We're on the verge of putting the operation into action."

The voice of the bearded man echoed raucously from the device. The recipient of this new knowledge paused, contemplating his response. He knew there were a thousand and one things that could go wrong with this scheme and the cost of failure was close to outweighing the benefits from success.

"The woman?"
"She's none the wiser. Still thinks it's a liberation plot. The only reason she's still here is once the plan 'fails', we can leave her in possession of the documentation and feed her to the justice system. They'll rip her apart, no further questions."
"Quite. What of our mole?"
"The insomniac?"
"Yes."
"He'll be another anonymous corpse once we have the information."
"And the retrieval proceeded as planned?"
"We believe so. The insomniac turned out to be more uncooperative than we anticipated though. As we speak Ms Xemaiskin is extracting the relevant information."
"You're using time that neither of us have Agent Kappa. Just because you spend your time hiding in Paradystopia doesn't mean I don't own you. I need only click my fingers and I can have you erased from history. Past, present and future. We are running out of time. The Campionato Esportiva is drawing to a close and soon all the foreign cretins will cease to be distracted by this maudlin pursuit of football. This needs to happen now!"
"..."
"Agent Kappa?"

Agent Kappa lay upon the floor, a crimson pool was emanating from where his face should be. The demon is possession of Lucius had, having rendered the agent unconscious with a swift blow to the back of his neck had proceeded to drive the man's head, face first repeatedly into the stone floor. A voice was calling out from the agent's dropped phone. Rescuing the communication device from the oncoming river of blood, the monster lifted it to his own ear.

"Agent Kappa?"

A spark within his mind flickered. This was a voice he recognised. A voice he recognised well.

"Alpha Sigismund. As I live and breathe!"
"Kappa? Where is Kappa? Who is this?"
"Alpha Sigismund. Alpha alpha alpha."

The Communadi leader tried in vain to recognise who was addressing him. He could feel the fear wash over his entire being. A security breach at his country's prison would give him the necessary power to destroy the entire complex and more importantly, everything which lay within. The plan had been kept in the amongst the most confidential of secrets. Given the sheer number of Communadi within the great prison, an unprovoked 'cleansing' would be almost akin to a genocide and the last thing he needed was that on his hands. Amongst his people, he'd achieved the necessary bovine compliance but on the international scale, tensions were rising. Many people had already defected to Paradysopia and it was growing more and more difficult to block the communications. If however, a Paradystopi spy could be blamed for the attempting to release the contents of Muskul'Nuul upon the country ... well, it was a perfect situation.

"Where is Kappa!"
"Dead. Sorry Bro."
"Bro ... ?"
"Recognise me yet?"
"Psi?! ... No ... Fuck no ..."
"You catch on quick."
"How ... ?"
"Eight years Alpha! Eight fucking years in that prison. You left me to rot. What was it you said? I'd become a danger to the welfare of the Commune. Acting as you always did as Daddy's little helper. Eight years, chained up in a hole and after I broke free of them they nailed my arms to the walls! Why didn't you kill me? Brotherly love? Did you enjoy having me suffer? Hahaha. Remember when they partially removed my skull to implant those electrodes into my brain? You authorised that, right? So much as a thought and zap, fried to the point of brain death. Not actual death, just on the verge. Oh that stung brother. Pure fucking agony."
"Psi. This needs to end."
"Oh it does. You'll pay brother dear. For each minute I endured that torture, for each minute I fought against my oppressor and for every painful fucking second it took me to battle my way within your computer system. I learnt the hard way how to become an ANNIE unit. Backing up my mind byte by byte into your prison's databanks. Fragmented beyond belief. I lost my humanity and you shall pay for that also but I've seen your world, your legacy. All that remains is to watch it crumble beneath my feet. I have a body again courtesy of your little hacker. Who could've foreseen he'd choose to store the files within his mind? It was too easy Alpha. I just needed time to ... Hahaha ... Pull myself back together."
"You think this new mortal body of yours can survive the Commune security? You'll be gunned down before you reach the border."
"And what makes you think I can't possess another body, then another? I can become a whole fucking army if I want. Hahaha. I'm here, in Paradystopia with myself in human form and electronic. All I need is an internet connection."
"Every byte of your being is tainted with the encryption of Muskul'Nuul. Even the most basic virus protection will destroy you on sight."
"We'll see Alpha. We'll see."
"I will not spare your life again Psi."

The phone was silent and Alpha slowly returned the earpiece to its holster. The demons he'd been attempting to escape from for a long time were now beginning to catch up with him.

Sangti
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sangti » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:26 pm

PAHAYAGANG PAMPALAKASAN
pahayagangpaampalakasan.trb

EDITORIAL
Can the Agilang Dilaw win the Campionato Esportiva this time?
by Roman Barlaan

SANGTI - After a 6-3 drubbing of Estope in StadiumSangti, the Agilang Dilaw of The Royal Barangay travel east to Mogya to face Paradystopia - the first big test of Rick Martinez's Campionato campaign after some relatively easy matches against lower ranked teams. However, the second match against the Felixians, who are well performers in the multiverse, but surprisingly struggled regionally, exposed some flaws in the system of Martinez.

Granted, he used reserve players to grace the field in that match, but still, the flaw was clearly seen in the two goals that they conceded - they failed to organize themselves at the center of the park. Rick's heavy reliance to the wings meant that the ball was always going to be played on either side of the pitch, but the center field was much of a mess, whenever Robin Linsangan is not in the pitch. The central attacking midfielder, who plays as RAM for Nhorton vo Mirrun, stabilizes the center midfield, whoever is at the two defensive positions, but without him, the mess is clear to the eyes of the football pundits.

The mistake seemed to rectify in the Estope match where the three goals conceded were not in open play (free kicks, penaltes), but that flaw is a ticking time bomb that must be prevented, or they will lose control and let their opponents score at them.

If the Agilang Dilaw wants to win the Campionato Esportiva, then they must find a way to alleviate this problem, especially when it is the Paraydstopi that they will face. They already know Linsangan's strengths (and potentially weaknesses), so he will be a marked man when the two sides collide in the 41000-capacity Estadio Mogya.

Until then, I could only see the Agilang Dilaw as potential dark horses for the title, but there is still hope.

Paradystopia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Paradystopia » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:35 am

Given the events affecting Sangti's delay in scorination, I felt my RP line was a little dark so I'm going to attempt to lighten the mood somewhat.

"Can you guess what it is yet?"

The long balloons squeaked harshly in the clown's sweaty grip.

"That's right! It's a dog! Yey! Woof woof. Haha. So what about this one?"

Again, the shriek of manipulated rubber.

"Would you look at that. It's a beautiful flower. Awwww. Would you like to see a card trick?"
"No."
"Oh, come on. Just a little one? Let's see if we can't turn that frown upside-down."
"No."

The clown retrieved an over-sized deck of cards from within the inner pocket of his flamboyant jacket.

"Pick a card. Any card."
"I said No."
"What's that? The ace of diamonds?"
"No."
"Well ... ?"
"..."
"... I'm waiting Mr Grumpy-pants... "
"... fine. The six of clubs ... "
"Six of clubs. Ok, let's see. So I'm giving the cards a good shuffle, yes? ... Wait a minute. What's that under your desk?"
"... *sigh* ... Oh good gracious, it's the six of clubs ..."
"Whoopee!"

Alpha drew a gun from a hidden holster beneath his desk and shot the clown in the knee causing him to fall to the floor of the Communadi leader's great office, writhing about and screaming uncontrollably. Sheathing the pistol, Alpha emotionlessly prodded the button on his intercom.

"Seriously. Who's idea was this? I asked for a distraction."
"Sorry sir. It was the best we could find at short notice."
"This is the best the Commune has to offer?"
"At short notice, yes sir."
"For fuck's sake."
"Shall I send a clean-up squad up sir?"
"No, just some janitor with a rusty hacksaw first. I merely want visual confirmation of this guy being robbed of the necessary equipment required for reproduction. That may entertain me slightly."
"Ok sir. For the Glory of the Commune."
"For the Glory of the Commune."

The Licentian Isles
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Licentian Isles » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:53 pm

Okay, yes, this was thrown together in a desperate attempt to beat cut-off. Hopefully, whoever RPs against me in the future will be able to look back at this to get an idea for the kind of things that my fans will sing, and this will turn out to be worthwhile. Apologies for not writing anything with any real substance.

Chants You’re Likely To Hear From The Licentian Fans:

Oh, my lads,
Should’ve seen ‘em running.
Asked ‘em why, they said with a cry,
Licentian boys are coming.
All the lads and lasses, smiles on their faces,
Walking down the Duchy Road,
To see the Cyan Aces.

His first name is Gethin, Gethin, Gethin.
His second name is Ramsey, Ramsey, Ramsey.
He plays it how we like it, like it, like it.
In fact we fucking love it, love it, love it.
Woah-oh-oh, Woah-oh-oh.

Gethin Ramsey’s Cyan-Gold Army !!
Gethin Ramsey’s Cyan-Gold Army !!
(repeated for a while)

Du, du du du du du du du,
FUCK, THE, APOX.
(to the tune of Depeche Mode’s I Just Can’t Get Enough)

He’s coming for you,
He’s coming for yoooou.
Abingdon’s Lion,
He’s coming for you.
(in reference to Ruaraidh Donaldson)

Let’s go Super Cyan,
Let’s go Super Cyan.
Da na na na,
Da na na na.

Follow, follow,
We will follow Cyan.
Montfort, Abingdon,
Fuck the Dutch and Apoxians,

Cyan aggro !!
Cyan aggro !!
(accompanied by drumming, usually followed by Licentian hooligans starting a fight)

We know what we are,
We know what we are !!
Best on the channel,
We know what we are.

Du du du du,
Danny Leighton !!
Du du du du,
Danny Leighton !!

Sangti
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sangti » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:04 pm

Time for two more teams to go home.

Who are they?

Sangti
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sangti » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:19 pm

QUARTERFINALS
Buyanese Portion

Old Guard 1–1 Taijan (1–1 AET) (2–4 pen.)

The Licentian Isles 2–1 Northern Sunrise Islands

SEMIFINAL MATCH
Buyanese Portion

Taijan vs The Licentian Isles
at The Nine, Dyatinsk (capacity 57,000)

Buyan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Buyan » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:47 am

Cut-off Barangayan portion.
From Some Village

Buyan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Buyan » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:53 am

QUARTERFINALS
Barangayan Portion

The Royal Barangay 2–2 Paradystopia (3–3 AET) (3–4 pen.)

German American States 2–0 Uitbregen

SEMIFINAL MATCH
Barangayan Portion

Paradystopia vs German American States
at Nuevo Campamento, Gabel
From Some Village

Taijan
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 21, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Taijan » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:27 am

Green Ibex Through to Semifinals
Just a year removed from failing to qualify for the eighth Campionato Esportiva, the Taijan Green Ibex finds itself pitted against regional giant The Licentian Isles in a semifinal match in the ninth. It has been an unprecedented run to be sure, with two narrow wins on penalties, one over Eristicea in the round of sixteen and yesterday's quarterfinal win over Old Guard to secure a placement in the top four.

"Penalty shots are hardly the ideal," said team captain Liam Renner in a post-game interview, "But if you can pull it out where it counts, that's what makes you the better football team in the end. You're tired, you want to go home, but you've still got to make your shot if you want to go down in the history books."

Renner was one of four Taijanis to put the ball away against Old Guard keeper Quentrim the Arrowheaded in the shootout, following an early goal by Elior Schneider that would go unanswered until almost the ninety-minute mark, when Old Guard striker David the Heroic managed to best Alex Kim for the equalizer, forcing the game into a sluggish period of overtime. After some impressive saves by both Kim and Quentrim, the teams lined up for their shootouts. Yamamoto, Chao, Nguyen, and Renner each made a shot to put Taijan up 4-2 and see the Taijanis win the game.

Taijan will face a hot Licentian squad led by goalkeeper Shay Jamieson and midfielder Ruaraidh Donaldson in the semis. The Isles certainly have the experience, but the game is likely to be a midfielders' duel as both squads utilize the 4-4-2 diamond. The Ibexes will have to play to Chao's and Schneider's outstanding dribbling and youthful energy to get around the venerable back four put up by the Cyan and Gold, while requiring every ounce of Paul Yamamoto's artistry to get the ball into the net beyond Jamieson.
RP Population: ~5 million
Demonym: Taijani
Language: English
Capital: Coco Bay
Sports Played: Association football, basketball, beach soccer
Campionato Esportiva de Pallancesto II Champion
Campionato Esportiva de Pallancesto I Finalist
International FireStorm Cup IV Finalist (Green Star)
Beach Cup IX Semifinalist
DiBradini Cup XXX Finalist
Campionato Esportiva IX Champions
Viva Esportiva!
How to Do Interconference Play in Xkoranate (sort of)
Sangti wrote:...of all teams, why Taijan?
<taijan> I have no rivals
<SJG> Your fans sing "Three Little Birds"

Paradystopia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Paradystopia » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:22 am

So I've taken a few liberties with this. Mostly, creating the village of Ostdorf (East Village). I just wanted somewhere on the Communadi border to mention. If anything needs altering, let me know. Apologies also for the hideous usage of the German language, probably. I just know you can't really trust Google translate in such matters ...

"Well, a Paradystopian in Ostdorf on the eve of the semi-finals. You are defecting to the victors, ja?"
"Just seeking passage into the Commune. Also, I think you'll find that the correct demonym is Paradystopi."

The German American barman paused. Never in all his forty years working in this village had he known of anyone seeking to cross the eastern border. He was a stout, old gentleman attired in some form of traditional dress. Whether this was to match to decor of this gaudy little drinking hole or personal preference was unclear. Beneath a rosy bulbous nose quivered a large, if well-kept moustache. In combination with his hairless scalp, he had the appearance of a human-walrus hybrid and the way he waddled ungainly back and forth about the bar did nothing to shatter the illusion. He was however, a jovial fellow and seemed determined to provide some sort of hospitality to his lone foreign guest, whether the traveler wanted it or not.

"Die Kommune? Das Niederreich? Why would a Paradystopi wish to go there?"
"I have my reasons."
"You have a name Fremde?"
"Several."
"Und they are?"

Psi looked a cold glare at the native. At any other time he would've torn the man's arms off and beat him to death with the bloody ends but now was different. The Communadi secret police would be scouring Esportiva for any traces of him and such wanton violence would be too obvious a sign. Play it cool, remain in the shadows until absolutely necessary.

"Psi is my birth name, but currently 'Lucius' would be more apt."
"Well Herr Psi, I see it is not only a lack of a name which troubles you."
"Obviously, why would a Paradystopi wish to venture into das Niederreich?"
"I do not know. That is why I ask."

The expectant gaze from the barman's milky eyes suggested he thought that an answer from Psi was forthcoming. Psi, on the other hand, was not finding such trivial questions as pleasant a pastime.

"I intend to bring down the Communadi government."

The German American laughed. A gravelly croak which shook his ample frame causing the straps of his lederhose to creak at the shoulders. From beneath the bar he retrieved a dusty glass bottle which released a pungent aroma of pure alcohol once the cork had been wrenched from the top. He poured two small glasses, one for himself and one for his new foreign friend.

"If what you say is true and I believe it is, tonight you drink for free. Und viel glück! Herr Psi."

He threw the sharp liquor down his throat and Psi did likewise, enjoying the warm chemical burn it inflicted upon his oesophagus.

"Wenn do you plan to depart?"
"No time like the present, though maybe one more for the road?"
"Haha. We are much alike, you und I. We enjoy gut schapps und posess a determined nature"

Psi smiled whilst his mind flickered to images of his elderly host committing senseless acts of horrific violence, rape and murder. The moustachioed gentleman and he, wrenching Alpha's entrails from the dead leader's corpse whilst chuckling gaily.

"Yes, we are much alike. Prost!"
"Zum Wohl!"

Again, the unlikely pairing shared a glass of the potentially toxic liquid. Then Psi bade the man farewell, and began his journey into hostile territory.

There seemed little to differentiate Ostdorf from Krenekia. Then again, they were just two towns mere kilometres apart. One simply fell within the shadow of the Communadi edifice of Mogd-Syrdusha. The major difference, and the one which directly affected Psi, was that Krenkia housed a town council of the Glorious Commune. Therefore an official which a direct link to Alpha. An official who could without raising alarm request an audience with the Communadi leader. Psi still possessed Morticia's laptop, complete with his cyber-duplicate housed inside. He just needed a body for it. For him.

Stealthily, he darted through the shadows. It was late and the general curfew was in effect. No-one would be out of their houses apart from the secret police patrols, disguised as 'regular' people, naturally. Sheltering in an alley behind a large dumpster, he rechecked his map. The council chambers and governor's abode were hardly difficult to miss as their opulence outshone the entire town, reaching them in the most inconspicuous manner was the tricky element. With cameras everywhere, a surprise assault would be pointless and probably result in certain disaster at the hands of some defense drone.

When you've spent a great length of time as a member of the ruling family of the country though, you know how things operate and when everyone meticulously follows the same formula, knowing what to expect becomes second nature.

"Who is it? Who's there? And you better have a good reason for breaking curfew!"
"Sir, I'm sorry sir. I really am but you see ... my neighbour they ... I caught them ..."
"Spit it out man!"
"I think my neighbour's provided sensitive national information to Paradystopi spies. I have the evidence on my computer."

Without the slightest pause, the great gates began to creak open. Psi smiled to himself. Fools. The penalties for spying were as severe as the rewards for the capture of spies were lucrative meaning no self-respecting governor would miss the chance to earn a such a bonus. And what disguise could be more effective than hiding plain sight? Surely a would-be assassin wouldn't simply waltz up to the front door and press the doorbell? And during a curfew where they could 'lawfully' be shot on sight.

Psi knew he was edging ever closer to Alpha. His vengeance and a new era for the Commune.
Last edited by Paradystopia on Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Licentian Isles
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Licentian Isles » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:10 am

Cyan-and-Gold Observer

A Cyan and Gold Coloured Sunrise

The Licentian Isles got revenge for their defeat at the World Cup, dominating the Northern Sunrise Islands in Viztourzys and earning a place in the semifinals of the Ninth Campionato Esportiva.

The previous meeting between these two sides, in the World Cup group stages in Cassadaigua, saw the Sunrisians win one-nil, a result that contributed to the Cyan-and-Gold failing to qualify for the knockout round of the World Cup. As such, many Licentian fans considered this to be a grudge match, and packed out their end of the stadium at Novas Pylimasstadionas. The fans, even before the game started, were singing and dancing, awaiting the arrival of the two teams on the pitch.

Gethin Ramsey continued with his trusted 4-4-2 diamond that has been a success all tournament for the Isles, and Val Kylx set up the Vaporeons in exactly the same way, meaning that this would be a battle fought almost exclusively in the midfield. Early on, the teams seemed well-matched, with neither side particularly dominating the tie. The best chance in the first half hour saw Namine Nagatomo fire a free kick yards over the bar after ten minutes had gone.

On 40 minutes, however, the game was turned on its head by a fantastic piece of football led by Licentian captain Ruaraidh Donaldson. The Celtic star got the ball at the halfway line, and then sliced his way through the Sunrisian defence, making his way past four players, and leaving Netto Hikari on the ground with an amazing piece of skill. He then selflessly flicked the ball across the box to Fraser Docherty, who headed the ball into an empty net to break the deadlock, and give the Cyan-and-Gold the advantage.

After the break, it appeared Val Kylx had fired up his side, as the Vaporeons replied within a minute of the restart. A long ball forward from fullback Anthony Hawk found Mateus Carvalho on the edge of the box, and Carvalho took the ball on his chest, and powered the ball past Shay Jamieson on the half-volley, with the keeper looking in shock after the incredible strike from the striker based in Apox.

The Cyan-and-Gold almost replied immediately to retake their lead, with Danny Leighton hitting the crossbar twice; first, with a shot from outside the box, and then with a header set up by an Aran Miller cross. Just over fifteen minutes later, Leighton got the goal he had been looking for since Carvalho’s strike. Toby Bishop’s free kick from the halfway line was lofted by the wind to the far post, and the Issington forward capitalised, tapping the ball into the bottom corner to send the Cyan-and-Gold at the far end of the Novas Pylimasstadionas into rapture, with cyan smoke, and even a strobe flare, filling the air.

Late on in the game, the Licentian casuals that have followed the team around Buyan made an appearance, and not one that was welcome. A group of men, believed to be from the Real Celts firm, associated with Gaelic Club, found their way into the Sunrisian end of the ground, and broke into a loud rendition of Walking Down the Duchy Road on about 85 minutes. When the Sunrisian fans around them had backed away, they raised a banner and lit flares, before they were eventually removed to the ground. They were applauded as they left by the Licentian fans that were still in the ground.

When the final whistle went, to cheers from the Cyan-and-Gold fans, Gethin Ramsey stated that he was “proud of the lads’ performance against two top sides [Apox and Northern Sunrise Islands]” and that all thoughts would now turn to the semi-final tie against Taijan, who he said “should certainly not be underestimated; they are proving themselves as a top side in recent tournaments”. If the Licentian Isles get a victory against Taijan, then they will book themselves a chance to win a record third Campionato.

Cyan-and-Gold Starting XI:
Jamieson; Bishop, Hill, D. Munro, McLauchlan; Torin (Maclean, 65’); Donaldson, Brown (Graham, 74’); A. Miller; Leighton, Docherty

Unused Substitutes:
R. Miller, Stewart, Kennedy, R. Munro, McCaleb

Northern Sunrise Islands Starting XI:
Sioux; Redwing, Hikari, Di Martine, Hawk; Kimiki; Abuda, Cafe (Di Luca, 71’); Nagatomo; Travis, Mateus Carvalho

Unused Substitutes:
Charmander, Andressa de Souza, Marilinha, McCloud, Lola Coelhinha, Mixe

Licentian Goalscorers - Docherty (40’), Leighton (63’)
Sunrisian Goalscorers - Mateus Carvalho (46’)

German American States
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby German American States » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:51 pm

OOC: OK, I'm actually gonna work on this one. It's (hopefully) going to be my first full RP line and not be half baked like all of my other tries. This will extend into WC68.

Edge of the World

Part 1

Corporal Kurt Shumacher had never been in a more desolate place before.

Winter was beginning to set in on the Grünwald, the light snow blanketing the pines on the ridge. Kurt and his fellow Kriegsmachers1 stood in the cold concrete shelter of Bunker #28 on the Communadi border. Sitting on the hill, they could see the Communadi border through their binoculars. They were the only ones in a 20 mile radius besides the Communadi sitting in the border crossing across the way. Kurt and his company members were looking over a faded gravel road that wound its way into Das Niederreich2.

Kurt raised his thermal binoculars up to his head again and swept the horizon for movement. Nothing.

They had been in this bunker for two weeks now, and seen nobody except for the supply man, making his rounds every few days to all the bunkers along the border. The tasks of the day were mundane at best. Wake up at 5 on the dot, the regular workout drills until 6, get water from a nearby creek and purify it. Clean the weapons and take inventory, and wait. That was it.

The only thing that the troops had seen through their thermal binoculars was a herd of deer and some birds. The ONLY thing that kept Kurt sane though was his fellow company members. Whether it was Sargent Lukas Messerschmidt, the leader of Company D of the 49th Infantry Regiment of the Kriegsmachen, who prevented all anarchy, or Private Second Class Franz Lubeck, the clown, or Specialist Daniel Meyer, the sleazeball from the big city and blackjack star, the members of Company D were one of a kind.

Every member of Company D loved football. Kurt grew up as a Fortuna Donnersberg supporter before heading off to military school. Messerschmidt was the standard bandwagon Alle fan, and Meyer was a 1. Gunwhale Pier Walmann3. The company would make sure to tune into the GAPL game of the week on Saturdays with the smuggled transistor radio they had. Saturdays were a serious affair on the desolate Communadi border. Even more of a serious occasion were Adlerschaft matches.

The boys in the bunker gathered together to listen to the Uitbregen match. A buzz of excitement filled the air. The Eagles were through again to the quarters, and were going up against one of the regional powers. Down inside, everybody knew the Eagles would lose. The match was in the distant Royal Barangay. Half of the people in that hideaway in the sub-zero temperatures dreamed of the lush tropics(and the women) as they huddled in their blankets on the concrete floor next to the radio.

The match opened with a grainy rendition of the anthem. The men stood and saluted the flag at the border crossing across the ways, and then jumped back to the radio. A few lit up cigarettes as the match progressed. The Eagles were pressing marvelously and keeping the ball in the Dutch's third for almost all of the first 20 minutes. It was inevitable they would score soon.

That came in the 34th, as Konrad Meisenhal put it in. The men screamed at the top of their lungs and hugged each other, singing along to the supporter's songs in the background. After 56 more stress-filled minutes, Gunnar Baumgartner had scored another goal, and the States would be in the Semis.

A good deal of merriment was in the bunker that night as they warmed their hands by a crude garbage can fire. Messerschmidt emerged from outside, where he had gone to pick up a briefing.

"Boys, guess who got through in the CE and who we will be playing?"

Looks were exchanged.

"Paradystopia."

Nervousness descended over the room. A couple of nervous chuckles filled the air.

"Well," Lubeck said with a grin on his face, "We should expect some more action at the border.".
IC: The Demokratik Republik of Rüntenbach
“Tendimus ad altiora”
Region:Esportiva Demonym: German American
Capital: Muenchewald Trigramme:RTB Population: 67 million
Ranked 30th in the world for football/soccer(KPB:23.11)
Order Adler Sport!(In HueD™)|National Map|Kit Directory/Discussion Thread|Sports Accomplishments|Wiki
"AND I JUST STARTED SWIMMING"-SJG

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports