NATION

PASSWORD

High Summer Sun ((A Bone County Sheriff's RP)) ((OOC; OPEN))

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
The Psuedo-Democratic States of the Doge
Envoy

Founded: Dec 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

High Summer Sun ((A Bone County Sheriff's RP)) ((OOC; OPEN))

Postby The Psuedo-Democratic States of the Doge » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:13 pm

HIGH SUMMER SUN - Bone County Sheriff's Department Roleplay

Background

It's June, 1993. After a spike in crime in surrounding the surrounding counties of Las Venturas and Los Santos, San Andreas has become mostly crime-ridden. With San Fierro having its fair share of economic problems, many, in and outside of San Andreas, have turned to Bone County as one of the last beacons of safety. With the population rising by almost two-hundred percent in the past three years, the Bone County Sheriff's Department is having a tough time coping with the massive influx of people. Unfortunately, Bone County is now also being consumed by the 90's "Drug Rage", seeing a mass influx of new criminals as well. That's where you come in. As a Deputy of the Fort Carson Precint, you have been assigned to combat crime in this rapidly changing city. Will you stand next to the law, shielding it from harm? Or will you become consumed by the engulfing fires of crime and drugs? The county's your oyster. What you choose to do is up to yourself.

Setting

Founded in 1887, Bone County's history stretches back as far as the history of San Andreas itself. Before 1993, the population stood at a measly 1,000, rather small considering its size. Now standing at 3,000 members, Bone County's population is exploding. Fort Carson, where you are stationed, looks like your typical modern, medium, desert town. Although keeping its "Old West" feeling, Fort Carson is quickly modernizing. Being crowded with a blue-collar working environment, Fort Carson has many bars, pubs, and trailer homes surrounding it. There are some older, wooden houses in the center of it. Crime is increasing greatly, with marijuana and meth use up around 90 percent. Cocaine is also becoming in use as some of the population gets richer (Either from legal or illegal work). Gunshots are heard at least each week in the slums area and bar fights happening almost three times a day. Some refuse to heed traffic laws on surrounding highways, while others just drive blatantly drunk. As a Deputy in the Fort Carson Precinct, don't be surprised to find drugs in the most odd places. Don't be surprised with the influx of 911 calls. Welcome to Fort Carson. ((Look up Fort Carson, San Andreas if you still don't understand, for pictures))

OOC Rundown

Hello, I'm Doge, your OP for this RP. I used to be a big fan of MTA (Multi-Theft Auto) in which I participated in many Bone County RPs, playing as a Sheriff. Here, you will be able to make your own story as a deputy for the Fort Carson Precinct of the Bone County Sheriff's Department. You have the freedom to do basically whatever you want as long as it is in realistic terms. You can make your own events, just don't make anything too big/grand without asking me because events like long high-speed pursuits, hostage situations, and other large-scale events require assistance from everyone. You are free to be anything in the B.C.S.D. A patrol officer, a detective, a S.W.A.T. unit, Aerial Support Officer, etc. I do want to see more patrol officers first who can have side jobs, such as being in S.W.A.T., ASU, Rifle Patrol, Traffic Unit, Highway Patrol, etc. Detectives will be allowed on a case-by-case basis. NOTE: You may play as one or two officers (Try to stick with one officer) at a time. You don't need to make separate apps, just post both their information in the application. You can be corrupt, but you must PM me first notifying that you will be. I don't want a lot of that, however I will never reveal that you are corrupt nor do I want any metagaming. Have fun! And no godmodding! P.S. This is 1993, not 2014. ALSO!!! Please try to keep the rank of your player on the lower side. This is a PRECINT, so most will be low-ranking with only a few high-ranking. You can join units that other players lead, but remember who actually leads them. Regardless of your unit, you will spend most time on patrol (Except if you are a detective).

Equipment

Although I'm letting people have lots of freedom on this issue, only a SMALL few can have revolvers or Colt .1911s, which must be rather modern to the time period. Most people should be using Glocks, H&K Pistols, and the like, usually chambered in 9MM. Each vehicle (Older First Generation Crown Victorias for Patrol units) will usually be outfitted with a pump shotgun of choice. Everyone has body armor of some sort. Just go by 1990s equipment, talk about it in OOC if you have any suggestions or wants.

Code: Select all
[b]B.C.S.D. FCR[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Description (Picture will do):[/b]
[b]Sex:[/b]
[b]Unit involved in:[/b]
[b]Rank:[/b]
[b]Equipment (For Regular Patrol):[/b]
[b]Bio:[/b]

NOTE: Officers are either regular PATROL officers (City Patrol Unit) or part of the D.B. (Detective Bureau). S.W.A.T. is open to all types of officers (And will be limited, most will be made of NPC, controlled by me). The subunit you are associated with (Highway Patrol, ASU, Rifle Patrol, etc.) is written to the right of your name on the roster. An OIC for both the CPU and DB is needed (Both ranking will be Lieutenant and Detective-Sergeant respectively).
Last edited by The Psuedo-Democratic States of the Doge on Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Do you want a great RP experience? Sign up for Die Wende! viewtopic.php?f=31&t=275296 I am playing as SFR Yugoslavia (Time to get rid of kebab).
Surgeon General (Brigadier General) William Hammond; C/O of the Union Medical Corps.

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Psuedo-Democratic States of the Doge » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:17 pm

Reserved for OP
Fort Carson Precinct Roster (Officers of Note)

High Command

PRECINCT COMMANDER: COMMANDER Russell Keller ((Cylarn))

PRECINCT ASSISTANT COMMANDER: CAPTAIN John Garcia - S.W.A.T. OIC - ((ME))

City Patrol Unit (C.P.U.)

Officer-in-Charge: VACANT; LIEUTENANT

SERGEANT Derrick Thompson - Rifle Patrol Unit ((Sagrie))

DEPUTY Samuel Knight - Aerial Support Unit ((Phalnia))

Detective Bureau

Officer-in-Charge: VACANT
Last edited by The Psuedo-Democratic States of the Doge on Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:11 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Do you want a great RP experience? Sign up for Die Wende! viewtopic.php?f=31&t=275296 I am playing as SFR Yugoslavia (Time to get rid of kebab).
Surgeon General (Brigadier General) William Hammond; C/O of the Union Medical Corps.

Sagrie
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sagrie » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:43 pm

B.C.S.D. FCR
[b]Name: Derrick Thompson
[b]Age: 26
[b]Description (Picture will do): http://www.lacp.org/Graphics/JeffCorbin-2.jpg
[b]Sex: Male
[b]Unit involved in: Patrol Unit, Rifle Patrol
[b]Rank: Sergeant
[b]Equipment (For Regular Patrol): Police Issue Colt 45. 1911, Police Issue Bullet Proof Vest, Police Issue Radio, Portable Flashlight, Pepper-spray, Night-Stick, and Handcuffs as well as Single-Shot AR-15 equipped with medium range scope and a high powered flash light
[b]Bio: Joined the Police Department as a volunteer right out of high school and went into collage for criminal justice studying for 4 years, after collage came directly to Police Academy, and then straight to the precinct where he has been a officer ever since.
Last edited by Sagrie on Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pro-Conservative
Pro-Capitalism
Pro-Republican

Like police RP's, or new to omniverse join us here viewtopic.php?f=31&t=281098

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Psuedo-Democratic States of the Doge » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:45 pm

Sagrie wrote:B.C.S.D. FCR
[b]Equipment (For Regular Patrol): Police Issue Colt 45. 1911, Police Issue Bullet Proof Vest, Police Issue Radio, Portable Flashlight, Pepper-spray, Night-Stick, and Handcuffs.
[b]Bio: Joined the Police Department as a volunteer right out of high school and went into collage for criminal justice studying for 4 years, after collage came directly to Police Academy, and then straight to the precinct where he has been a officer ever since.

Nice Application. Short, but to the point. ACCEPTED May I ask, did you play MTA? I vaguely remember that name.
Last edited by The Psuedo-Democratic States of the Doge on Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sagrie
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Sagrie » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:47 pm

The Psuedo-Democratic States of the Doge wrote:
Sagrie wrote:B.C.S.D. FCR
[b]Equipment (For Regular Patrol): Police Issue Colt 45. 1911, Police Issue Bullet Proof Vest, Police Issue Radio, Portable Flashlight, Pepper-spray, Night-Stick, and Handcuffs.

Nice Application. Short, but to the point. ACCEPTED May I ask, did you play MTA? I vaguely remember that name.

No I did not, but I used to watch the videos of people playing it. It was a pretty awesome looking, at the time I did not have a computer with the specs to run it.
Pro-Conservative
Pro-Capitalism
Pro-Republican

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Cylarn » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:57 pm

B.C.S.D. FCR
Name: Russell Keller.
Description (Picture will do): Soon.
Sex: Male.
Unit involved in: Precinct Commander.
Equipment (For Regular Patrol): Standard gear.
Bio:

This will be completed soon.
Last edited by Cylarn on Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

Sagrie
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Sagrie » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:21 pm

Cylarn wrote:B.C.S.D. FCR
Sex:
Unit involved in:
Equipment (For Regular Patrol):
Bio:

I bet hes going to come in with the most battle hardened rambo type dude he can at the highest rank he can lol
Pro-Conservative
Pro-Capitalism
Pro-Republican

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Psuedo-Democratic States of the Doge » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:56 pm

B.C.S.D. FCR
Name: John Garcia
Description (Picture will do):

Sex: Male
Unit involved in: S.W.A.T.; High Command - Assistant Precinct Commander
Equipment (For Regular Patrol): TYPE II Patrol Vest, GLOCK 17; Air Taser Model 34000; Remington 870 Express; Standard Police Equipment
Bio: Born in Fort Carson, Mr. Garcia has seen the streets he once lived on rapidly change. Before he worked out of the county with Las Venturas Corrections when he was younger. Garcia joined the B.C.S.D. in 1987, in which he is now helping the sheriff's department reform to meet the demands of the large Fort Carson community.
Last edited by The Psuedo-Democratic States of the Doge on Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sagrie
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Sagrie » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:00 pm

I forgot to mention what kind of shotgun I will carry with me in my regular patrol car do you mind if I add it in?
Pro-Conservative
Pro-Capitalism
Pro-Republican

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Psuedo-Democratic States of the Doge » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:01 pm

Sagrie wrote:I forgot to mention what kind of shotgun I will carry with me in my regular patrol car do you mind if I add it in?

Well, you are carrying a rifle, since you are part of R.P.U.

Sagrie
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Sagrie » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:05 pm

True, Can I use a Remington Model 700 with a classic hunting scope, or a 22. Spring Field with a scope?
Last edited by Sagrie on Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pro-Conservative
Pro-Capitalism
Pro-Republican

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Psuedo-Democratic States of the Doge » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:32 pm

Well, considering this is a rather urban/populated suburban area, the term "Patrol Rifle" means a single-shot AR-15 (Medium-Long Barrel) or a single-shot longer barreled HK54. I'd prefer that bolt-action rifles aren't used on patrol, as most occurrences faced on patrol are medium to short ranged situations. Usually, if such a long-distance weapon is needed, S.W.A.T. would have been called in. Patrol Rifles are only used in situations when more firepower is needed (So you wouldn't order a suspect out of his car with one unless he is heavily armed or lethal force is authorized on such a level).

Sagrie
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Sagrie » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:34 pm

The Psuedo-Democratic States of the Doge wrote:Well, considering this is a rather urban/populated suburban area, the term "Patrol Rifle" means a single-shot AR-15 (Medium-Long Barrel) or a single-shot longer barreled HK54. I'd prefer that bolt-action rifles aren't used on patrol, as most occurrences faced on patrol are medium to short ranged situations. Usually, if such a long-distance weapon is needed, S.W.A.T. would have been called in. Patrol Rifles are only used in situations when more firepower is needed (So you wouldn't order a suspect out of his car with one unless he is heavily armed or lethal force is authorized on such a level).

Okay I was originally before you said this going to go with a AR-15 Police issue but I was like probably to high power, What do you think about Single-Shot AR-15 with medium range scope and a flashlight?
Last edited by Sagrie on Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pro-Conservative
Pro-Capitalism
Pro-Republican

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Psuedo-Democratic States of the Doge » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:40 pm

Sagrie wrote:
The Psuedo-Democratic States of the Doge wrote:Well, considering this is a rather urban/populated suburban area, the term "Patrol Rifle" means a single-shot AR-15 (Medium-Long Barrel) or a single-shot longer barreled HK54. I'd prefer that bolt-action rifles aren't used on patrol, as most occurrences faced on patrol are medium to short ranged situations. Usually, if such a long-distance weapon is needed, S.W.A.T. would have been called in. Patrol Rifles are only used in situations when more firepower is needed (So you wouldn't order a suspect out of his car with one unless he is heavily armed or lethal force is authorized on such a level).

Okay I was originally before you said this going to go with a AR-15 Police issue but I was like probably to high power, What do you think about Single-Shot AR-15 with medium range scope and a flashlight?

Everything else is up to you. Sounds great.

Sagrie
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Sagrie » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:49 pm

Heck even if its deadly force I can use the 45. it will probably be more effective than the AR-15's 5.56 round but if its heavily armed id rather use the AR-15 for accuracy so I can get a quick shot from medium range
Pro-Conservative
Pro-Capitalism
Pro-Republican

Phalnia
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2010

Postby Phalnia » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:03 pm

B.C.S.D. FCR
Name: Samuel Knight
Description:

Unit involved in: Patrol, Aerial Support
Equipment (For Regular Patrol): Glock 9mm, bullet-proof vest, night stick, pepper spray, handcuffs, radio, flashlight.
Bio: Samuel was born and raised in Fort Carson. The day he turned eighteen, he enlisted in the Army. There he learned how to pilot helicopters. Once his enlistment was up he knew he didn't want to stay in the Army. Deciding to become an police officer he enrolled in a local college and received a degree in Criminal Justice. With a degree and prior experience Samuel was quickly hired on as a member of the Aerial Support Unit.
Last edited by Phalnia on Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"The air up there in the clouds is very pure and fine, bracing and delicious. And why shouldn't it be? - it is the same the angels breathe." Mark Twain
“Don't feel entitled to anything you didn't sweat and struggle for.” Marian Wright Edelman

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Psuedo-Democratic States of the Doge » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:59 pm

Phalnia wrote:B.C.S.D. FCR
Name: Samuel Knight
Description:
Unit involved in: Patrol, Aerial Support
Equipment (For Regular Patrol): Glock 9mm, bullet-proof vest, night stick, pepper spray, handcuffs, radio, flashlight.
Bio: Samuel was born and raised in Fort Carson. The day he turned eighteen, he enlisted in the Army. There he learned how to pilot helicopters. Once his enlistment was up he knew he didn't want to stay in the Army. Deciding to become an police officer he enrolled in a local college and received a degree in Criminal Justice. With a degree and prior experience Samuel was quickly hired on as a member of the Aerial Support Unit.

ACCEPTED. You should also invite your friends!

Cylarn wrote:B.C.S.D. FCR
Sex: Male.
Unit involved in: Precinct Commander.
Equipment (For Regular Patrol): Standard gear.
Bio:

Considering I do need a Precinct Commander, ACCEPTED. Just finish your bio and description when you can.

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Postby Cylarn » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:01 pm

I'll do it tomorrow. Right now, I need my sleep.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

Phalnia
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2010

Postby Phalnia » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:23 pm

The Psuedo-Democratic States of the Doge wrote:ACCEPTED. You should also invite your friends!

There's a GTA discussion thread where you might drum up some interest.
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=263583

"The air up there in the clouds is very pure and fine, bracing and delicious. And why shouldn't it be? - it is the same the angels breathe." Mark Twain
“Don't feel entitled to anything you didn't sweat and struggle for.” Marian Wright Edelman

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Psuedo-Democratic States of the Doge » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:52 am

Phalnia wrote:
The Psuedo-Democratic States of the Doge wrote:ACCEPTED. You should also invite your friends!

There's a GTA discussion thread where you might drum up some interest.
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=263583

Interesting. Let's see if we can get a few more members from that interest thread.

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Postby Cylarn » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:06 am

Not that it's important or anything, but my RP, San Andreas: State of Sin, won an award for best crime RP.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Psuedo-Democratic States of the Doge » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:07 am

Cylarn wrote:Not that it's important or anything, but my RP, San Andreas: State of Sin, won an award for best crime RP.

I just don't understand why people don't do San Andreas RP as much anymore.

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Psuedo-Democratic States of the Doge » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:45 pm

If we are able to get a few more sign-ups, I'll start the IC thread. Also, the actual size of the B.C.S.D. will be larger than the actual amount of players. There will be NPCs that you may patrol with (You can customize their name and attributes throughout the RP, just flow along with it. They don't require an app). You'll be able to perform any duties, respond to 911 Calls and situations you customize in your IC posts, and also participate in large-scale events (Hostage Situations, Bank Robberies, Warrants, etc.) I want you guys to have a lot of freedom here. I also wouldn't mind a female character or two.

Sagrie
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Sagrie » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:18 pm

The Psuedo-Democratic States of the Doge wrote:If we are able to get a few more sign-ups, I'll start the IC thread. Also, the actual size of the B.C.S.D. will be larger than the actual amount of players. There will be NPCs that you may patrol with (You can customize their name and attributes throughout the RP, just flow along with it. They don't require an app). You'll be able to perform any duties, respond to 911 Calls and situations you customize in your IC posts, and also participate in large-scale events (Hostage Situations, Bank Robberies, Warrants, etc.) I want you guys to have a lot of freedom here. I also wouldn't mind a female character or two.
cant wait
Pro-Conservative
Pro-Capitalism
Pro-Republican

Sagrie
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Sagrie » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:36 am

Im inviting some people from my region
Pro-Conservative