NATION

PASSWORD

NSG Senate Chamber [NSG Senate] - Version 4

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:50 pm

Finium wrote:
Ainin wrote:*admin paper bag on (like I said, we're out of hats)*

I hate to be that guy, but I cannot help but notice that Robert's speech went without this level of scrutiny from the administration. If you are to censor our speeches, then I suggest that you begin with Senator Glasgia's.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=268961&p=17808780&hilit=glasgia#p17808780
Republic of Nakong | 內江共和國 | IIwiki · Map · Kylaris
"And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned round on you — where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat?"

The Nihilistic view
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Nihilistic view » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:50 pm

Finium wrote:
Ainin wrote:*admin paper bag on (like I said, we're out of hats)*

I hate to be that guy, but I cannot help but notice that Robert's speech went without this level of scrutiny from the administration. If you are to censor our speeches, then I suggest that you begin with Senator Glasgia's.

It did, he was asked to withdraw parts of it.

That reminds me, has he withdrawn yet? I have not seen a post in line with the new rules.
Slava Ukraini

Finium
Senator

Founded: Nov 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Finium » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:51 pm

Ainin wrote:
Finium wrote:

Why do I ever talk? I have yet to actually know what I'm talking about :p
big chungus, small among us

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:51 pm

The Nihilistic view wrote:
Finium wrote:

That reminds me, has he withdrawn yet? I have not seen a post in line with the new rules.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=268961&p=17818047&hilit=Glasgia#p17818047
Republic of Nakong | 內江共和國 | IIwiki · Map · Kylaris
"And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned round on you — where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat?"

The Nihilistic view
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Nihilistic view » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:54 pm

Ainin wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=268961&p=17818047&hilit=Glasgia#p17818047

Thanks.
Slava Ukraini

Soviet Canuckistan
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Canuckistan » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:04 pm

Senator Sovcan rose again, this time in response to the speeches made by the government and the opposition.

"Ladies and Gentleman, Rhinettes and Rhinos of Aurentina, the main forces of Aurentine politics, the "Progress" Coalition and the National "Freedom" Coalition, have ruined our nation for far too long. These governments have failed to serve the muggles and rhinos of Aurentina and are propped up by the silly humans of Aurentina in their attempt at democracy. As part of the true opposition, the one that isn't a sorry attempt at democracy, I had absolutely no expectations for any of these governments.

The people who they have chosen to fill their cabinets aren't the rightful rulers of a free Aurentina, they're people like muggles and hippo enthusiasts, who are a burden to the state. The government has chosen to create a series of frivolous ministries in an attempt to create a flimsy executive that is supposed to serve the interests of the people. How can Transport, Health and Education be possibly more important than the cornerstones of our nation, Magic Silly Walks and Twerking. How can the citizens of Aurentina possibly sleep at night when their beliefs aren't being met by parties that don't promise renewable energy from the hot air created by this building, a defence force that uses time-tested technology like Spitfires and keeping the law of gravity. If these governments think they can govern, they should really stop and maybe read up on how to govern an entire nation.

Our governments fiscal situation is dire, with the British pound and the US dollar replacing the best currency of them all, bubble gum. A currency that when filled with helium can be floated internationally, can be inflated and deflated at will, and will provide a tasty treat for those seeking a low-calorie snack. Another dire situation is our education system, look at these frivolous programs such as math and the sciences, they need to be replaced with a comprehensive education for this century with languages such as Esperanto and trades such as telegraph operating. Crime is at an all-time high in Aurentina with the government directly at fault by creating a criminal code. Without a criminal code, there would be no crime and Aurentina would be crime-free.

I ask you, current senators and ministers of the government and opposition, can you please get up and represent the true people of Aurentina, the muggles and Rhinos of our nation. Other nations have ignored our call, but will you be responsible for turning us away at the door. We hope not. Please get your heads out of your rectums and clean the fecal matter off your spectacles, we have work to do to make this country a paradise on Earth for all. Thank you."
Economic Left/Right: -3.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.49

Dangelia
Senator

Founded: Jul 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Dangelia » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:36 pm

Ainin wrote:
Finium wrote:

i feel like these rules are just a little too harsh.

Pesda
Minister

Founded: Jun 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Pesda » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:31 am

Britanno wrote:Six opposition members abstained on the Aurentine Education Act,
That's because I didn't read it, obviously. Not because I hate children.
St George of England wrote:
Pesda wrote:Alchohol has a funny taste
So does semen.
Professional Leaders wrote:
Neo-Sincostan wrote:Nah mate I live in Scotland. Or, as I dislike relating it to, the UK.
thats cool i like ireland
Interstellar Britannia wrote:And indeed, cavemen are fully capable of writing books. Have you heard of the Communist Manifesto perchance?
Green Ham wrote:
Pesda wrote:Making someone happy.

I advise lubricant if that's your objective. Or spit.
Kheil HaAvir wrote:i sleep with a poster above
Welsh speaking Plaid Cymru and SNP supporter.
Left -5.75 Lib -6.05
Why I voted for Plaid Cymru
Now a student... In England

The Nihilistic view
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Nihilistic view » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:32 am

Pesda wrote:

Why did you not read it senator?
Slava Ukraini

Pesda
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Pesda » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:29 am

Pesda wrote:That's because I didn't read it, obviously. Not because I hate children.

Because I have a life outside this RP. I can't read every bill.
Last edited by Pesda on Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
So does semen.
Neo-Sincostan wrote:Nah mate I live in Scotland. Or, as I dislike relating it to, the UK.
Interstellar Britannia wrote:And indeed, cavemen are fully capable of writing books. Have you heard of the Communist Manifesto perchance?
Green Ham wrote:

Left -5.75 Lib -6.05

The Nihilistic view
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Nihilistic view » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:33 am

Pesda wrote:

So just don't vote on it, then he won't have an IC reason to attack you. :)
Slava Ukraini

Britanno
Minister

Founded: Apr 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Britanno » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:38 am

Pesda wrote:

If this is an IC statement, then you are not doing your job. If this is an OOC statement, then fair enough but just don't vote.
NSGS Liberal Democrats - The Centrist Alternative
British, male, heterosexual, aged 26, liberal conservative, unitarian universalist
Pro: marriage equality, polygamy, abortion up to viability, UK Lib Dems, US Democrats
Anti: discrimination, euroscepticism, UKIP, immigrant bashing, UK Labour, US Republicans
British Home Counties wrote:
Alyakia wrote:our nations greatest achievement is slowly but surely being destroyed
America is doing fine atm

Gallup
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gallup » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:42 am

Pesda wrote:

So do all of us. Just don't vote.
Economic Left/Right: 6.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 5.92
NSG's Official Hero of Kvatch and Prophet of NSG
Have you seen Evita? Best musical ever.
╔═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╗
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Repost this if ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ you are a beautiful strong Argonian maid ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ who don’t need no Nord ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
╚═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╝

Britanno
Minister

Founded: Apr 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Britanno » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:43 am

In response to Ainin...

I personally do not interpret things the way you do, and feel that some of the things you mentioned were not actually rules that were broken, but I will happily withdraw any statements that you have ruled to break previously passed bills to show my respect to the administration team. I'll happily accept the ruling, and apologise to Glasgia or other opposition members if they were offended by my short speech.

Maklohi Vai wrote:Wulukuno rose gravely and addressed Senator Brit. "James, I am disappointed in your use of generalizations and inaccuracies in that speech. On your accurate and precise illustrations, I do not contend, but surely your point could have been presented without the use of such language."

"No language was used with the intention to insult and members of the senate, generalise any groups or just plain lie, I assure you. I offer my apologies if that was how my statements were interpreted."
NSGS Liberal Democrats - The Centrist Alternative
British, male, heterosexual, aged 26, liberal conservative, unitarian universalist
Pro: marriage equality, polygamy, abortion up to viability, UK Lib Dems, US Democrats
Anti: discrimination, euroscepticism, UKIP, immigrant bashing, UK Labour, US Republicans
British Home Counties wrote:
Alyakia wrote:our nations greatest achievement is slowly but surely being destroyed
America is doing fine atm

Pesda
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Pesda » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:00 pm

Pesda wrote:Because I have a life outside this RP. I can't read every bill.

Britanno wrote:
Pesda wrote:That's because I didn't read it, obviously. Not because I hate children.

If this is an IC statement, then you are not doing your job. If this is an OOC statement, then fair enough but just don't vote.

Gallup wrote:
Pesda wrote:Because I have a life outside this RP. I can't read every bill.

So do all of us. Just don't vote.

Alright then, so when I want to vote on some bills but not on others in the future, I should say "Bill X: Aye; Bills Y and Z: not voting"? That's fine.
So does semen.
Green Ham wrote:

Left -5.75 Lib -6.05

The Nihilistic view
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Nihilistic view » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:02 pm

Pesda wrote:

Britanno wrote:

Gallup wrote:So do all of us. Just don't vote.

Alright then, so when I want to vote on some bills but not on others in the future, I should say "Bill X: Aye; Bills Y and Z: not voting"? That's fine.

As PpT I can say you don't even need to do that, all you have to do is vote on the ones you want to vote on. You don't have to say your not voting. If your abstaining for OOC reasons that is. Of course don't let's Brits speech dissuade you from voting Abstain on bill you have read in the future.
Slava Ukraini

Pesda
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Pesda » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:06 pm

Pesda wrote:

As PpT I can say you don't even need to do that, all you have to do is vote on the ones you want to vote on. You don't have to say your not voting. If your abstaining for OOC reasons that is. Of course don't let's Brits speech dissuade you from voting Abstain on bill you have read in the future.

Oh, okay. You see with previous PpTs they asked people if they wished to vote on other bills too, so that's why I thought it would be a good idea to specify. But if you don't need it that will save me some time typing. So yes, I'll remember to only vote abstain for in character reasons in the future.
So does semen.
Green Ham wrote:

Left -5.75 Lib -6.05

The Nihilistic view
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Nihilistic view » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:11 pm

Pesda wrote:

Oh, okay. You see with previous PpTs they asked people if they wished to vote on other bills too, so that's why I thought it would be a good idea to specify. But if you don't need it that will save me some time typing. So yes, I'll remember to only vote abstain for in character reasons in the future.

No, I trust that you are all capable of working out how many and which bills are at vote thus if less than the number at vote are cast you just don't want to vote on those bills. I always thought it was a little condescending to ask.

EDIT: I do wish sometimes I did not have to read such monsters though. I read every bill from top to bottom before I vote but sometimes it is so dull. Probably why I vote Nay to more bills than I vote Yay in general.
Last edited by The Nihilistic view on Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slava Ukraini

Beta Test
Minister

Founded: Jan 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Beta Test » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:17 pm

Soviet Canuckistan wrote:Senator Sovcan rose again, this time in response to the speeches made by the government and the opposition.

"Ladies and Gentleman, Rhinettes and Rhinos of Aurentina, the main forces of Aurentine politics, the "Progress" Coalition and the National "Freedom" Coalition, have ruined our nation for far too long. These governments have failed to serve the muggles and rhinos of Aurentina and are propped up by the silly humans of Aurentina in their attempt at democracy. As part of the true opposition, the one that isn't a sorry attempt at democracy, I had absolutely no expectations for any of these governments.

The people who they have chosen to fill their cabinets aren't the rightful rulers of a free Aurentina, they're people like muggles and hippo enthusiasts, who are a burden to the state. The government has chosen to create a series of frivolous ministries in an attempt to create a flimsy executive that is supposed to serve the interests of the people. How can Transport, Health and Education be possibly more important than the cornerstones of our nation, Magic Silly Walks and Twerking. How can the citizens of Aurentina possibly sleep at night when their beliefs aren't being met by parties that don't promise renewable energy from the hot air created by this building, a defence force that uses time-tested technology like Spitfires and keeping the law of gravity. If these governments think they can govern, they should really stop and maybe read up on how to govern an entire nation.

Our governments fiscal situation is dire, with the British pound and the US dollar replacing the best currency of them all, bubble gum. A currency that when filled with helium can be floated internationally, can be inflated and deflated at will, and will provide a tasty treat for those seeking a low-calorie snack. Another dire situation is our education system, look at these frivolous programs such as math and the sciences, they need to be replaced with a comprehensive education for this century with languages such as Esperanto and trades such as telegraph operating. Crime is at an all-time high in Aurentina with the government directly at fault by creating a criminal code. Without a criminal code, there would be no crime and Aurentina would be crime-free.

I ask you, current senators and ministers of the government and opposition, can you please get up and represent the true people of Aurentina, the muggles and Rhinos of our nation. Other nations have ignored our call, but will you be responsible for turning us away at the door. We hope not. Please get your heads out of your rectums and clean the fecal matter off your spectacles, we have work to do to make this country a paradise on Earth for all. Thank you."

Rupert stood up and said "I demand someone inquire into the mental health of this senator!"
Member of the Coalition of Workers and Farmers
Michael Ferreira: President of the Senate
Philip Awad: Former Secretary of Rural Development

The Nihilistic view
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Nihilistic view » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:19 pm

Beta Test wrote:
Soviet Canuckistan wrote:Senator Sovcan rose again, this time in response to the speeches made by the government and the opposition.

Rupert stood up and said "I demand someone inquire into the mental health of this senator!"

Order, Order.

The honorable gentleman will withdraw that statement or face a Point of order raised against it. It is not acceptable to question the mental health of a senator in the chamber.

-PpT
Slava Ukraini

Beta Test
Minister

Founded: Jan 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Beta Test » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:21 pm

"I withdraw the comment."
Member of the Coalition of Workers and Farmers
Michael Ferreira: President of the Senate
Philip Awad: Former Secretary of Rural Development

Kouralia
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 30, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kouralia » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:30 pm

Policing and Law Enforcement Act (2013)

Urgency: UTMOST

Drafted by: Senator Kouralia of the USLP

Co-Sponsors: New Freedomstan (USLP), Evraim (PC), Othelos (PC), Zweite Alaje (NIFP), Demphor (?), Geilinor (LD), Ziegenhain (LFP)

The government of our nation,

AWARE that our fair land has no formalised method of dealing with criminals,

UNDERSTANDING that such a situation is objectively unacceptable,

RECOMMENDING that the senate hereby moves to form a uniformed, official and publicly accountable Police Force/Police Forces along the following lines.

A : Formation of Localised Constabularies and Equivalents
1.0 - The formation of the Regional Marshals and Temporary Policing Coordination bureau
1.1 - Acknowledging that the creation of a professional and qualified Police Force takes time, we must not suffer temporary anarchy.
1.2 - In order to overcome this, until such time as a professional organisation can be formed, a system of elected deputies shall exist. Each geographically-divided region shall be mandated to elect approximately 1% of its populaton to serve part-time as a 'Regional Marshal' [hereafter RM]. Their job shall be to temporarily inter people under the society's interpretation of the laws. Additionally, a Temporary Policing Coordination Bureau [hereafter TPCB] shall be formed to manage, enlist, dismiss and investigate the RMs.
1.3 - Acknowledging that this leaves the situation open to abuse, an alert of any act committed by an RM shall be transmitted to the TPCB by the RM him/herself. The TPCB shall be able to order any RM to cease and desist in any activities.
1.4 - All RM shall be accountable for their actions, which shall be reviewed by the Ministry of Justice (National Security Act) following the dissolution of the RM and TPCB. If they are found to be unlawful then a punishment can be thusly applied.
1.5 - Any RM may be formally relieved of their position by the TPCB if a complaint regarding them is found to be truthful and of acceptable severity.
1.6 - The position of RM shall be paid by a wage of *X*, not affected by their productivity but affected by their successful conviction rate with danger pay provided.

2.0 - The dissolution of the Regional Marshals and Temporary Policing Coordination Bureau
2.1 - The Dissolution of the RM and TPCB shall occur by the order of a judge of a Court of Law, with each order only being able to be passed when the Officers Commanding of any relevant regional Constabularies agree that they are capable of undertaking the Law Enforcement Duties in that area.
2.2 - Any RM who refuses to surrender any claim to that position when required to do so by the legal authority of the TCPB or a Court of Law will be charged with Impersonating a Police Officer.

3.0 - Formation of Regional Constabularies
3.1 - Jurisdictional Districts shall be determined by a Committee of the Ministry of Justice (National Security Act), and each shall have a Constabulary formed within it. (e.g. Metropolitan Constabulary).
3.2 - The recruitment of officers into each Constabulary shall be handled by the relevant officials in that Constabulary, with final decisions remaining with that Constabulary.
3.3 - Requirements for recruitment will be determined by each Constabulary, however the following shall be mandated as a minimum:
  • Holding a Current Drivers License (Following the creation of a Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency)
  • Ability to swim
  • No past violent or serious crimes
  • Non-membership of any Party Paramilitary (e.g. the Security Branch of the People's Proletarian Force)
  • Passing of a Standardised Fitness Test, the contents of which are to be determined.

B : Accountability of Localised Constabularies and Equivalents
1.0 - Accountability of Regional Marshals
1.1 - All RM shall be held accountable to the TPCB, and the TPCB has complete ability to mandate removal of an RM for violation of organisational ethics.
1.2 - The TPCB is accountable to the elected Minister of the Ministry of Justice (National Security Act), and the request for its dissolvement shall come from him/her alone.

2.0 - Accountability of Local Constabularies
2.1 - All local Constabularies will be held accountable to the Independent Police Internal Affairs Agency [hereafter IPIAA].
2.2 - The IPIAA shall be tasked with investigating fully any complaint against the Local Constabularies.
2.3 - The IPIAA shall have the ability to fire any police officer found to have violated the Policing Code of Practice, or provide any other proportionate punishment including recommending they be charged with a criminal activity to be tried in a Court of Law.
2.4 - The IPIAA and Regional Constabularies shall be held accountable to the Ministry of Justice (National Security Act) and therefore to the elected Minister, and therefore to the Public. This ensures that neither organisation can continue along a path without the backing of the Public.

C : Powers of Local Constabularies
1.0 - Powers to Arrest or Search a Person
1.1 - Any sworn in Constable (Constable used hereafter to refer to any sworn in law enforcement officer of a Local Constabulary) can arrest someone formally as a Police Officer as opposed to a Citizen’s Arrest.
1.2 - Upon arresting any person, the Constable must cite which section of the Law they have breached, and have their rights read to them: ‘You have the right to remain silent, however anything you do say can and could be taken down and be used in a court of law against you. beware of failing to mention something now which you later rely on in a Court of Law. You have the right to Legal Assistance.’ If this does not occur then the Custody Serjeant may refuse to take Custody of the Arrestee.
1.3 - In order to arrest that person, the Constable must have reasonable cause to believe they have breached the required section of the law, and should they fail to have breached that section of law then the Constable could suffer a penalty up to and including Assault, Kidnapping and Unlawful Detainment.
1.4 - In the event that a person resists this arrest, another charge may be applied. If the arrest is found to be unlawful, this charge may be translated to a relevant civilian/civilian assault charge should it be found to be disproportionate (i.e. stabbing a police man because said Constable is mistakenly arresting the wrong person for throwing a projectile at a Constable would result in a charge of attempted murder - even if it were determined that the Constable Arresting were doing do knowingly unlawfully.)
1.5 - No person may be searched without consent unless they have been arrested.
1.6 - Refusing to be searched is not a crime, however if being searched is a requirement for anything (e.g. entering a Government Building) then refusal to be searched will not enable this requirement to be bypassed.
1.7 - No person may be searched by a Constable of the opposite gender.
1.8 - Any evidence procured through a search must be isolated from the Officer’s possessions and placed within an evidence bag. It’s seizure must be made known to the Searchee. If this does not occur then it may be inadmissable in court.

2.0 - Powers to Enter or Search a Property
1.1 - A Police Officer may enter any private property should they have reason to believe (beyond reasonable doubt) that any of the following are occurring:
  • Assault
  • Battery
  • Attempted Murder
  • Manslaughter
  • Theft
  • Sexual Assaults
  • Destruction of Property
They may enter any private property should they have reason to believe (beyond any reasonable doubt) that any of the following have been committed in the property:
  • Murder
They may enter any private property in order to pursue a fleeing suspect. They may enter any private property to ‘ensure the safety and integrity of life of person or property’. If this is found to be mis-used then the police officer may be punished up to and including being charged with Breaking and Entering.
1.2 - A Police Officer may search a property without a warrant under the above conditions barring Pursuit of a Suspect. This search must be non-invasive and must end at the boundary of the private property.
1.3 - Any destruction of property occurring through an illegal entrance or search will be compensated for to 100% by the Local Constabulary. If the search or entrance was legal, then an application for compensation may be made but successful reimbursement is not guaranteed.

3.0 - Powers with Warrant
3.1 - If in possession of a valid warrant (e.g. ‘Warrant to Search property Number 221B, Baker Street, London’) then the pre-stated requirements to search, enter or arrest an individual or property are not required.
3.2 - If this warrant is served incorrectly, then the results of the search may be inadmissible.
3.3 - If the property owner is present and brought to hold conversation with involved Constables, then said warrant must be presented to them for inspection. If not, then it must be presented to them upon arrival.
3.4 - Violence to resist the serving of a warrant will incur a criminal charge.
3.5 - A warrant may only be signed by a Sworn In Judge, and if it does not contain a signature from any said person then it is invalid as a legal document.
3.6 - If said warrant was invalid illegal, enacting it will not constitute an offence, unless it is done while knowing that the warrant was invalid, in which case a penalty up to and including Breaking and Entering OR Assault and Kidnapping and Unlawful Detention OR Assault (respectively to Enter, Arrest or Search (a person)).

4.0 - Power to Bear Arms
4.1 - Understanding this nation has no firearms limitation laws, all Police officers are entitled (or mandated, by Constabulary-Determined policy) to carry Constabulary-standardised firearms classified as ‘Pistols’ about their person while on duty.
4.2 - Understanding this nation has no firearms limitation laws, specialist Firearms units shall be formed of specially trained and selected elite Firearms Officers.
4.3 - Said Firearms Officers may carry appropriate weaponry for their role.

5.0 - Power to End Life
5.1 - Should an armed person A) present a Clear and Present Danger, or B) cause a Constable to believe they present a Clear and Present Danger to another human being, a Constable will be justified in engaging them with their Duty Weapon.
5.2 - Said Constable is justified in using sufficient force to neutralise the threat utterly.
5.3 - Said Constable is free to act without prior permission in such an instance.
5.4 - Said Constable’s actions will be thoroughly investigated, and if the action was found to be justified yet in error (see 5.1.B), no action may be taken to punish them. If the action was found to be in error and unjustified then any punishment up to and including being charged with Murder may occur.

6.0 - Jurisdiction
6.1 - A Local Constabulary’s jurisdiction RE: call outs extends to the limit of their jurisdiction, with reasonable leeway.
6.2 - A Local Constabulary’s jurisdiction RE: crimes in progress and witnessed by a Constable in person extends up to the end of national borders and national waters.
6.3 - Hot Pursuit applies RE: the pursuit of suspects cross jurisdictions.
6.4 - A Constable maintains powers over any and all citizens of this nation, including Military Personnel. This is not reciprocated by Military Policemen. Any citizen of this nation may Lawfully Assist a Constable in the lawful enactment of their powers.

D : Equipment
1.0 - Uniforms
1.1 - It is recommended that the uniform of each Constable consist of numerous Dress Uniform Numbers. Ceremonial, Working and Combat.
1.2 - Ceremonial to consist of a Standardised national Dress Uniform in line with, yet distinct of the Army #1 Dress.
1.3 - Working to consist of easily maintained and hard-wearing material clothes, an example being a service cap/bowler hat, a stab-proof vest in an unobtrusive hue (black recommended), belt kit, a polo-shirt in an unobtrusive hue, cargo trousers in an unobtrusive hue and combat boots (black). This uniform may be deviated from by Local Constabularies.
1.4 - Combat to consist of Working with ballistic protection for use by Firearms Officers.

2.0 - Belt Kit
2.1 - Acknowledging that all Police Constables require equipment in the carrying out of their duty.
2.2 - Mandating the carrying of this by every Beat Officer:
  • 1x Handcuffs Pair
  • 1x Baton
  • 1x CS can
  • 1x Radio
  • 2x Evidence Bags
  • 1x Badge of Office
2.3 - Recognising that additional equipment may be carried by Constables where necessary.

3.0 - Weaponry
3.1 - Understanding this nation has no firearms limitation laws, it is recommended that all Constabularies arm their officers with a semi-automatic, magazine fed pistol firing a round either 9x19mm or .45 ACP.
3.2 - Understanding this nation has no firearms limitation laws, it is recommended that all Constabularies maintain an appropriate arsenal of Pistol-Cartridge semi-automatic Carbines (‘SMGs’), Intermediate-Cartridge select fire Rifles (Assault Rifles), Smooth-bore weapons (Shotguns) and Rifle-Cartridge Semi-automatic Rifles (Battle or ‘Sniper’ Rifles).

4.0 Vehicles
4.1 - Recommending that all Constabularies adopt a standardised vehicle which shall be chosen for it’s suitability to task. But not mandating this.
4.2 - Mandating all Constabularies outfit their vehicles with Battenburg markings (yellow/Blue) for clarification, Constabulary Livery and lights.
4.3 - Allowing any Constabulary to procure specialist vehicles as and where necessary, if it meets the requirements.

E : Misc.
1.1 - The Constabularies will be utterly independent of any and all Political Parties.

F : Ommissions of Act
1.1 - This Act Omits listing the Criminal Justice Code
1.2 - This Act Omits listing the Police Code of Code of Conduct
1.3 - This Act Omits legislating on the creation of Courts, though RECOMMENDS that such is done.
1.4 - This Act Omits legislating on Service Police or Nationwide Forces. National Police are covered by the National Security Act (National Security Act), and Service Police (e.g. Military Police, Air Force Police, Naval Provost) must be covered in legislation concerning their respective branches. it is RECOMMENDED that such is done.
1.5 - This Act Omits legislating on Forensics Investigation, though RECOMMENDS that such is done.

Please ignore, this is not a re-submission of the bill.
Kouralia:

The Nihilistic view
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Nihilistic view » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:32 pm

Wonderful, it's not easy to read. It's just the BB code. I normally copy it into word to read.

Also reminds me to put the submitted bills in the queue in a sec.
Slava Ukraini

Kamchastkia
Senator

Founded: Jan 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kamchastkia » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:13 pm

I motion we commend the actions taken by India's Supreme Court, again making the crime against god, homosexuality, illegal.

Corenea
Senator

Founded: Oct 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Corenea » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:15 pm

Kamchastkia wrote:I motion we commend the actions taken by India's Supreme Court, again making the crime against god, homosexuality, illegal.

I oppose the motion and do not bring up God in politics
Just call me Cor
Economic Left/Right: 5.50
Social Left/Right: -1.33
On the American Revolution
Assault weapons
The Korean-American Tea Partier, I promise not to be whatever evil thing the Tea Party is accused of being right now. I don't care who you are, if you're not a jerk, then we won't have any problem
"Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery" - Winston Churchill
How to handle bullying problem

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives