NATION

PASSWORD

Super Hero High: Prometheus Rising (OOC, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:42 am

Corrian wrote:This threads quietness is still making me sad, though :(

It's slowed down once or twice before and then picked up speed again, so probably nothing to be worried about.

Orinon
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 08, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Orinon » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:29 am

Mighty Asgard wrote:
Corrian wrote:This threads quietness is still making me sad, though :(

It's slowed down once or twice before and then picked up speed again, so probably nothing to be worried about.

We hope.

I've watched two iterations of this thread die unfinished, I do not wish to see a third.
I did some threads a long ass time ago that some people care about Iunno ya'll crazy.

Answers to Orinon or Watery. Part time author, part time gas station attendant, full time cynical bastard.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:49 am

Even if it is only a few of us forever throughout the rest of the school year, that's okay, anyway. I shall never consider it dead even if Mighty Asgard and I are the only ones posting :P

I've noticed Altruistic Paladins has been strangely quiet lately. I'm not used to them being so quiet.

I'm still not sure what happened to Zarkenis Ultima...
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

The Abel Imaginarium
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Abel Imaginarium » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:49 am

Annyeong! :) ....Interested in this so I will be making an app when I have time

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Founded: Feb 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:16 am

Orinon wrote:
Mighty Asgard wrote:It's slowed down once or twice before and then picked up speed again, so probably nothing to be worried about.

We hope.

I've watched two iterations of this thread die unfinished, I do not wish to see a third.

I am still here. I just am busy currently.
By Hits Holy Hand,
The Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton II of the People of the DSA and Protector of Ukraine
Inaugurated 12:06 A.M. Ecuador Standard Time, June 26, 2014; crowned 12:23 A.M. EST; June 26, 2014; instituted the Separation of Positions 1:07 A.M. EST, June 26, 2014; retired from office 4:58 P.M. EST, June 27, 2014; returned to office 1:05 A.M. EST, June 30, 2014; retired again 12:05 P.M. EST

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:37 am

I need to post, my brain just hasn't been working.
Times are looking grim these days~

Retro Frost
Envoy

Founded: Feb 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Retro Frost » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:10 pm

I haven't had much time due to dual credit bs, but I hope to be done with that soon.
If it doesn't work add more struts, If that doesn't work add even more struts.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:34 pm

Orinon wrote:We hope.

Wait, they died unfinished? I always thought you guys had a steady enough amount of people who posted regularly that it kept them alive until they finished. I'm not sure why, though, that's just what I assumed.

Yeah, we're not letting this die :P

And too many of my favorite characters I like playing are in here (Cassie and Kira, and Caitlin has become much more enjoyable and developed, too), so to lose them and the proper developing them over time would suck.

I doubt it will die, though, because we got enough people around that post it should be fine, even if it slows down for a little while.
My Last.FM and RYM

Orinon
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Orinon » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:04 am

I started around half way through the first thread, which was on the Jolt Forums. Then they closed and we restarted over here, and then that thread sorta just died.
I did some threads a long ass time ago that some people care about Iunno ya'll crazy.

Answers to Orinon or Watery. Part time author, part time gas station attendant, full time cynical bastard.

The Abel Imaginarium
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Abel Imaginarium » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:36 am

Okay here is me app :)

Name: The UltiUniSol (Ultimate Universal Soldier) Abel Lee
Nationality: American/Korean
ImageImageImage

Height: 6 ft.
Weight: 88 kg.
Hair: Hazel
Eyes: Dark Blue
Costume (if any):

Abilities:
Peak Human Condition
Indomitable Will
Dorm: Hero/Level 2c
Brief Bio:
Abel was born with a defective heart condition and diagnosed by the doctors as a child with a lifespan of at least 10 years. In desperation, L.I.F.E Agent Jane Lee, his single parent, decided to place her son within the Genesis Initiation Program (G.I.P) a secret military project funded by L.I.F.E itself in the creation of highly-advanced super soldiers called UniSols (Universal Soldiers) that began during the great war against the vampires. Injected with a new mutagenic virus (originally taken & formed from the blood cells of vampires) known as VoZ, Abel was the first test subject whose DNA was capable of absorbing and adapting itself with the virus. In the past 20 years, male & female UniSols have been unable to completely bond together with VoZ thus creating a few genetic problems in their mental and physical condition (e.g: rotting skin, severe psychological experiences, aversion to the light or the sun etc..) which naturally prevents them from performing their duties within the peak or maximum efficiency. For Abel he had none of these defects and even his heart problem was resolved. At the age of 15 he had already surpassed his predecessors in all aspects and terms of strength, speed, intelligence and willpower. He completed his first mission at 17 where he took down an entire terrorist cell almost single-handedly. L.I.F.E wanted him to continue his work as their best special operative and gave him the title of The Ultimate Universal Soldier as well as the rank of commander. But when his mother became the new Director of L.I.F.E, she decided to send him to Super Hero High first in order to further his studies and enable him to become a more humane & open-minded person......one that does not completely obey orders without reason that is.

During his UniSol training days, Abel never really had anybody else to interact with, save his superiors and the other operatives he worked with. His mother and his two sisters he rarely saw (although he is closer to his younger sibling due to her being in the same facility as himself). L.I.F.E made sure that all their UniSols were to be handicapped of most of their emotions in order to perform their duties with near-perfection and to the fullest. Thus, Abel is seen as a very disciplined and straight-laced, no-nonsense person although deep down inside he feels really sad and lonely.
Last edited by The Abel Imaginarium on Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:51 am, edited 10 times in total.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:18 am

Not a great post but I finally posted.
My Last.FM and RYM

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:23 pm

The Abel Imaginarium wrote:Okay here is me app :)
Nationality:[spoiler] A.I (Abel Imaginarium) Citizen

Costume (if any):
Abilities:
Peak Human Condition
Indomitable Will
Brief Bio:
Abel was born with a defective heart condition and diagnosed by the doctors as a child with a lifespan of at least 10 years. In desperation, L.I.F.E Agent Jane Lee, his single parent, decided to place her son within the Genesis Initiation Program (G.I.P) a secret military project funded by L.I.F.E itself in the creation of highly-advanced super soldiers called UniSols (Universal Soldiers) that started during the wars against the vampires. Injected with a new mutagenic virus (originally taken & formed from the blood cells of vampires) known as VoZ, Abel was the first test subject whose DNA was capable of absorbing and adapting itself with the virus. In the past 20 years, male & female UniSols have been unable to completely bond together with VoZ thus creating a few genetic problems in their mental and physical condition (e.g: rotting skin, severe psychological experiences, aversion to the light or the sun etc..) which naturally prevents them from performing their duties within the peak or maximum efficiency. For Abel he had none of these defects and even his heart problem was resolved. At the age of 15 he had already surpassed his predecessors in all aspects and terms of strength, speed, intelligence and willpower. He completed his first mission at 17 where he took down an entire terrorist cell almost single-handedly. L.I.F.E wanted him to continue his work as their best special operative and gave him the title of The Ultimate Universal Soldier as well as the rank of commander. But when his mother became the new Director of L.I.F.E, she decided to send him to Super Hero High first in order to further his studies and enable him to become a more humane & open-minded person......one that does not completely obey orders without reason that is.

During his UniSol training days, Abel never really had anybody else to interact with, save his superiors and the other operatives he worked with. His mother and his two sisters he rarely saw (although he is closer to his younger sibling due to her being in the same facility as himself). L.I.F.E made sure that all their UniSols were to be handicapped of most of their emotions in order to perform their duties with near-perfection and to the fullest. Thus, Abel is seen as a very disciplined and straight-laced, no-nonsense person although deep down inside he feels really sad and lonely.

I like the character, though there are a few details that might need work. First, I'd prefer if he was from some real world country, a couple of people were allowed characters from NS nations but that generally just makes things confusing for everyone so it works best if we keep to the real world. And there was actually just one war against vampires, which was about a year previously in IC time. There were vampires around before that though so the super soldier program would still work.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:54 pm

Orinon wrote:I started around half way through the first thread, which was on the Jolt Forums. Then they closed and we restarted over here, and then that thread sorta just died.

Hmm, I think I actually witness that one. I joined it app-wise, but it seemed to be dying (Despite a pretty clear flow of people who still enjoyed it, so it seemed weird) so I apparently never actually joined. Kind of glad I never actually fully joined until it was rebooted, because that let me start my characters out when the school year began instead.
Last edited by Corrian on Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Last.FM and RYM

The Abel Imaginarium
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Abel Imaginarium » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:53 am

Mighty Asgard wrote:
The Abel Imaginarium wrote:Okay here is me app :)
Nationality:[spoiler] A.I (Abel Imaginarium) Citizen

Costume (if any):
Abilities:
Peak Human Condition
Indomitable Will
Brief Bio:
Abel was born with a defective heart condition and diagnosed by the doctors as a child with a lifespan of at least 10 years. In desperation, L.I.F.E Agent Jane Lee, his single parent, decided to place her son within the Genesis Initiation Program (G.I.P) a secret military project funded by L.I.F.E itself in the creation of highly-advanced super soldiers called UniSols (Universal Soldiers) that started during the wars against the vampires. Injected with a new mutagenic virus (originally taken & formed from the blood cells of vampires) known as VoZ, Abel was the first test subject whose DNA was capable of absorbing and adapting itself with the virus. In the past 20 years, male & female UniSols have been unable to completely bond together with VoZ thus creating a few genetic problems in their mental and physical condition (e.g: rotting skin, severe psychological experiences, aversion to the light or the sun etc..) which naturally prevents them from performing their duties within the peak or maximum efficiency. For Abel he had none of these defects and even his heart problem was resolved. At the age of 15 he had already surpassed his predecessors in all aspects and terms of strength, speed, intelligence and willpower. He completed his first mission at 17 where he took down an entire terrorist cell almost single-handedly. L.I.F.E wanted him to continue his work as their best special operative and gave him the title of The Ultimate Universal Soldier as well as the rank of commander. But when his mother became the new Director of L.I.F.E, she decided to send him to Super Hero High first in order to further his studies and enable him to become a more humane & open-minded person......one that does not completely obey orders without reason that is.

I like the character, though there are a few details that might need work. First, I'd prefer if he was from some real world country, a couple of people were allowed characters from NS nations but that generally just makes things confusing for everyone so it works best if we keep to the real world. And there was actually just one war against vampires, which was about a year previously in IC time. There were vampires around before that though so the super soldier program would still work.

alright done :)

Oh and btw...are we all allowed to have only 2 chars or is three O.K :blush:

Orinon
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Orinon » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:02 am

I get away with aliens and people that refuse to die because I'm the reason this thread exists :D

That and it sucks to be my characters. Seriously, it's a crapsack world for them.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:17 am

The Abel Imaginarium wrote:alright done :)

I think 2 is the best to start out with, because you can establish said characters and in general it is a good way for the OP to get to know how you are and whatnot, but I don't know if it matters entirely.

I have 5 now, but I've been in this thread for about a year and 8 months now. And I still have like, the 2 characters of mine who are my main focus, and the other 3 are like minor characters.
My Last.FM and RYM

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:27 pm

The Abel Imaginarium wrote:
Okay here is me app :)

Nationality: American/Korean
Costume (if any):
Abilities:
Peak Human Condition
Indomitable Will
Brief Bio:
Abel was born with a defective heart condition and diagnosed by the doctors as a child with a lifespan of at least 10 years. In desperation, L.I.F.E Agent Jane Lee, his single parent, decided to place her son within the Genesis Initiation Program (G.I.P) a secret military project funded by L.I.F.E itself in the creation of highly-advanced super soldiers called UniSols (Universal Soldiers) that began during the great war against the vampires. Injected with a new mutagenic virus (originally taken & formed from the blood cells of vampires) known as VoZ, Abel was the first test subject whose DNA was capable of absorbing and adapting itself with the virus. In the past 20 years, male & female UniSols have been unable to completely bond together with VoZ thus creating a few genetic problems in their mental and physical condition (e.g: rotting skin, severe psychological experiences, aversion to the light or the sun etc..) which naturally prevents them from performing their duties within the peak or maximum efficiency. For Abel he had none of these defects and even his heart problem was resolved. At the age of 15 he had already surpassed his predecessors in all aspects and terms of strength, speed, intelligence and willpower. He completed his first mission at 17 where he took down an entire terrorist cell almost single-handedly. L.I.F.E wanted him to continue his work as their best special operative and gave him the title of The Ultimate Universal Soldier as well as the rank of commander. But when his mother became the new Director of L.I.F.E, she decided to send him to Super Hero High first in order to further his studies and enable him to become a more humane & open-minded person......one that does not completely obey orders without reason that is.

Accepted.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:31 pm

Jesus, where did the day go? I forgot to post...
My Last.FM and RYM

The Abel Imaginarium
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Abel Imaginarium » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:53 pm

Corrian wrote:
The Abel Imaginarium wrote:alright done :)

I think 2 is the best to start out with, because you can establish said characters and in general it is a good way for the OP to get to know how you are and whatnot, but I don't know if it matters entirely.

I have 5 now, but I've been in this thread for about a year and 8 months now. And I still have like, the 2 characters of mine who are my main focus, and the other 3 are like minor characters.

okay I'll just start with two then....once I get up my 2nd app, will introduce them together in my first post to make it easier :blush:

So can anybody give me a brief update on whats going on now?......I think I'm alittle too far back :oops:

Orinon
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Orinon » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:01 am

To answer your character question, you're basically allowed as many as you think you can handle.

For example, I have seven.

Pragia
Powerbroker

Founded: May 08, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Pragia » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:29 am

Sorry all, I need to get posting, school has been trying to keep me away from better school in space with superheroes.

It's a conspiracy.

The Abel Imaginarium
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Abel Imaginarium » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:39 am

So guys....alittle tip or suggestion on where I should start? :blush:

Pragia
Powerbroker

Founded: May 08, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Pragia » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:22 am

The Abel Imaginarium wrote:So guys....alittle tip or suggestion on where I should start? :blush:

Your character arriving via shuttle, maybe a bit of a preface like when you're still on earth. There's a security checkpoint after you get out.

EDIT: I think I just made the shortest rp post I've ever done...
Last edited by Pragia on Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kintain
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kintain » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:18 am

Are there any active villains still around?
Political: Centrist
Religion: N/A, Atheist
Philosophy: Nihilistic, still expanding upon it and finding myself further

Retro Frost
Envoy

Founded: Feb 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Retro Frost » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:48 pm

I could probably make a villain character if Asgard is fine with it. I have finished a lot of stuff and will have a lot of free time soon so I can back to posting.

Edit: I just got a great idea for a villan character that I am going to have to expand on.
Last edited by Retro Frost on Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If it doesn't work add more struts, If that doesn't work add even more struts.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse