NATION

PASSWORD

WorldVision Song Contest 29 - DISCUSSION|OOC Thread

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:03 pm

Kingsley Bedford wrote:
Luziyca wrote:When will host voting start?

Very soon.. we're discussing the deadline

Yeah. It just seems so unusually long. May I suggest Oct. 25 or 26?
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Kingsley Bedford
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 18, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Kingsley Bedford » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:11 pm

Luziyca wrote:
Kingsley Bedford wrote:
Very soon.. we're discussing the deadline

Yeah. It just seems so unusually long. May I suggest Oct. 25 or 26?

It'll most likely be sooner than that.
Kingfordian Republic of Kingsley Bedford
WA Delegate and head of diplomacy in Democratic Republics
Co-owner of Kiphtur Multinational
Co-President of United Democratic Party

http://kiphturmultinational.forumotion.com/index.htm < storefront
Federation of Democratic Republics <-- Join our region!

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:13 pm

Kingsley Bedford wrote:
Luziyca wrote:Yeah. It just seems so unusually long. May I suggest Oct. 25 or 26?

Okay. :)

I pray that I at least get second, but I know I'll likely get third. Also, I am noticing it seems like with each passing edition, the host bid numbers are falling...
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Kingsley Bedford
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kingsley Bedford » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:20 pm

Luziyca wrote:
Kingsley Bedford wrote:

I pray that I at least get second, but I know I'll likely get third. Also, I am noticing it seems like with each passing edition, the host bid numbers are falling...

Which is good, I think we had too many host bids last time.

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:29 pm

Kingsley Bedford wrote:
Luziyca wrote:Okay. :)

Which is good, I think we had too many host bids last time.

Yeah. While it does increase my chances, I am betting CQ will win. But if I win, I plan that signups will be terminated when I post the link, but I will give a ten-minute grace period to sign-ups and those who have yet to choose a song.
Last edited by Luziyca on Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:12 pm

Luziyca wrote:
Kingsley Bedford wrote:

Aside from the graphics, I actually kinda like yours...
早晨!ToBu for short.
[violet] wrote:You are my go-to nation for long names.
Oct 16 2018- Indo States wrote:YOU'RE FALSE TOBU
Apr 21 2020- Llalta wrote:omg tobu you’ve literally given me asthma with ur art

Wanna Nyan
Attaché

Founded: Oct 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Wanna Nyan » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:32 am

Nyan, We Love You by Nyan Orchestra (National Anthem)

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:51 am

Todlichebujoku wrote:
Luziyca wrote:Okay. :)

Aside from the graphics, I actually kinda like yours...

Thanks.

Wanna Nyan wrote:Nyan, We Love You by Nyan Orchestra (National Anthem)

This is not a national anthem competition...

Nekoni
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 29, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Nekoni » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:25 am

I can't really come up with a good host bid for crap, but if anybody wants me to graphic for them and it's within the rules, I'll be welcome to help out.
Eurovision apologist, International Broadcast Alliance founding member

Debuted in 26, currently entered 29 times

Wins: 2 (70, 92)
Podiums: 3 (70, 80, 92)
Top 10s: 12 (46, 63, 64, 70, 71, 73, 75, 78, 80, 90, 92, 94)
Hostings: 3 (64, 80, 94)

Former Scuderia Fuoco e Ghiacchi, now Polaris Racing Team
WGPC 13 Drivers & Constructors Champion
7-time Grand Prix Host
Renowned* Track Designer

*by himself

Polkopia
Minister

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Polkopia » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:27 pm

Polkopia's bid is designed to look back and reflect on the history of each and every nation in order to see what brought us so close together in the past, and what we can do to bring us even closer together in the future. The Worldvision Song Contest is designed in order to bring nations, no matter what their religious, political, or social views may be, together.

Valinkova, Polkopia, is located beneath the Thom river, making it the only metropolitan area to lie underneath the river. Although the architecture in Valinkova resembles large, tall skyscrapers, the city itself doesn't span a large area of land. Though the population of Valinkova is approximately 13,000,000, most of the population lives inside large apartment buildings. The city was the site for the first laboratory in Polkopia, and also was the site of the 'Westernization' of Polkopia by King Yarinovski back in the early 1500's. Since then, Valinkova was the hub for the development of Polkopian science up until 1901, where the First Polkopian Revolution left Valinkova in ruin. Since the Communist takeover in 1903, the city was rapidly reconstructed, in hopes of bringing about its former glory, but other cities such as Peeto, Restnov, and Dovgorodia, were already the largest metropolitan areas in the country. Because of this, Valinkova was never really able to grow and develop as rapidly as it used to. Nevertheless, the city remains one of Polkopia's larger cities with plenty to see and do around the city.

Participants will be arriving via the Valinkova International Airport, (VLK) which is made up of three sections, which are all connected via outdoor shuttle. Participants will be flying through Section B, which is designed for international travelers. From there, they will be able to access transportation through rail or road, as complimentary taxis are always waiting outside the airport to take you anywhere you wanted to go throughout the city.

Through drivers are still used, some taxis are equipped with fully automated GPS systems, which steer the car without the need of a driver. The car is steered by signals which are transmitted by various wireless network providers which were installed underneath the roads this past year. Though they are tested thoroughly, some prefer manual drivers instead, for the sake of safety. For this reason, the Valinkova International Airport provides both for the convenience of the customer.

Due to space limitation, there will only be one hotel which will be available for the participants to stay in. This hotel would be Moon Star Hotel. The hotel is shaped like a moon, which marks the only hotel in Polkopia to be shaped like a specific object. Guests will not be permitted to stay at the hotel for the sake of privacy for the participants, and each participant will receive their own suite, which includes a walk-in closet, two full bathrooms, three bedrooms, a kitchen with an island, a living room, and a separate room which can be used for extra space, if the need arises.

Participants will receive a complimentary breakfast from the hotel's finest chefs, each whom used to cook for the finest restaurants around Polkopia. Other luxuries include a gym, massage room, a game room, and an indoor pool, where guests can relax and feel right at home. The hotel is situated near the coast of the Thom river as well, so guests will be able to enjoy a nice view as well. Various bars and clubs are also situated within the vicinity of the hotel, giving guests easy access to have a good time outside of the hotel and the event.

Valinkova is blessed with a cuisine entirely different from the traditional Polkopian cuisine that you would find anywhere else. Because it had been isolated from the rest of mainland Polkopia up until the 15th century, Valinkova had an influence of many different cultures from surrounding groups and nationalities, which blend together in its own special cuisine exclusive to Valinkova. The cuisine is defined by a fish-potato blend, with various sauces that bring out a sweet, yet grainy texture of the food.

Guests will be able to watch (and taste) various demonstrations of Marzipan decoration, where performers will create dishes made exclusively of a mixed honey and sugar blend into pieces that resemble real-life foods that are famous around the world. Guests will even have their hand at trying this, also, and will receive 1-on-1 instruction on the art. Performers will also receive a free dinner at the Mobiya ye Rasta (The Mobile Restaurant) which is essentially a restaurant that travels throughout the city on a monorail. Guests will be able to see the city zoom past them at 300 miles per hour while they barely feel a thing on the smooth, safe, mobile restaurant.

A majority of Valinkova's leisure is spent dedicated to watching competitive sailing down the Thom river, or even sailing down the river for fun on their own time. The beautiful scenery seen from the river adds an extra feeling of being one with the Earth as well, as the experience of sailing by yourself down the river can be best described as peaceful and tranquil. Visitors will be able to bring their pass to the Worldvision Song Contest and receive a free day sailing down the river. There are four marked areas, one which is reserved for competitive races only, and one other being for those who do not wish to run a designated course, but instead, enjoy the beauty around them.

If you're not into that, no matter! Valinkova's leisure is spent on more than sailing. Most of Valinkova's activities are spent outside, so guests will see a lot of football (soccer), volleyball, and golf throughout the city. Another thing exclusive to Valinkova is that it holds Polkopia's largest public paintball course where guests will engage in a fierce battle, similar to a real war, but with balls of paint used instead of bullets. The course is set up so that one team defends a castle, while another one attacks it. Three identical arenas are set up adjacent to the one pictured, so there is hardly any wait!

The stage was constructed in 2012 in order to host the Valinkova Rovers football team, which competes professionally in the Polkopian Futleague. The stage will be revamped so that it will be able to incorporate a stage throughout the duration of the event, without disrupting the normal football schedule. The stage is made up of three levels, each with easy access to the stage, and speakers throughout will evenly distribute the singers' voices throughout the stage. Nobody will be left out on this wonderful experience!

Inside, the temperature is kept at a 23 degrees Celsius temperature, but don't let that number fool you! Technicians have brought in a bunch of factors which could possibly raise or lower the temperature, depending on the factor itself, but the projected temperature will be about 26 degrees. The stage can seat 55,000 though all three levels, and smoking is prohibited throughout the entire stadium in order to protect each and every visitor.

The stage is designed so that the background will incorporate landscapes and cityscapes more than simple lighting effects, as the theme is more focused on the history of the land rather than a modern perspective of the contest. Of course, lighting effects will still be readily available, but will not have the amount of effects that other contests have had in the past. Effects are limited to strobe lights, fog, spotlights, and moving screens. The director of the stage, Igor Smolnikov, had stated in an interview that he'd just rather focus on the song itself rather than the effects that cause viewers to overrate the song.

Postcards

Postcards will feature a shot of a major city in a participating nation, blended with the land that it once was before it was built up. This adds to the theme of 'History in the Making' by showing the development of human innovation throughout the ages. We've come a long way as humans, and what better way to show our progress than to show what we have accomplished throughout the ages compared to what would've happened, had we not developed the land the way we did?

The above shot shows a sample of a postcard used for Valinkova, Polkopia, where the two images are blended together to create a "before and after" feel. Identical effects will be done with other nations' cities to show the development of each and every nation throughout their history. Every person from every nation has left a mark on this world, and we at the Polkopian delegation believe that this is the best way to show it.
Last edited by Polkopia on Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anthem (Instrumental) Factbook Embassy
Check out the Polkopian Premier League

1st place: 8 Times (WV25, WV30, WV35 WV39, WV44, WV48, WV50, WV75)
2nd place: 2 Times (WV26, WV34)
3rd place (8 Times: WV27, WV31, WV32, WV37, WV54, WV59, WV70, WV72)

WorldVision Committee
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 26, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby WorldVision Committee » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:36 pm

Deadline for submission of hostbids is: MONDAY 21ST OCTOBER 17:00 CET
Host voting will start once the deadline has passed.
WorldVision Song Contest Committee
"Uniting the Multiverse through Music"

Run by Carrelie, Elejamie, Malta Comino Gozo, South Batoko, and Ugunnustan

Wanna Nyan
Attaché

Founded: Oct 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Wanna Nyan » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:17 am

Amour Pour Wanna Nyan by Jean Sisço

Kingsley Bedford
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kingsley Bedford » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:42 am

Wanna Nyan wrote:Amour Pour Wanna Nyan by Jean Sisço

You do realise you can only submit one song don't you?

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Founded: Jul 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:56 am

Kingsley Bedford wrote:
Wanna Nyan wrote:Amour Pour Wanna Nyan by Jean Sisço

I guess he changed the song because of the national anthem comment.
Euskirribakondara: Prosperity In Diversity
Political Compass: -7.38 (EC), -6.21 (SO)

WHF and WorldVision, Entries and Results
32nd World Hit Festival Winner

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:11 am

Euskirribakondara wrote:
Kingsley Bedford wrote:

Probably. But he should've said that (at least) "I am changing my song from w by x artist, to y by z artist."

Yakostan
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 31, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yakostan » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:38 pm

Luziyca wrote:
Euskirribakondara wrote:

Probably. But he should've said that (at least) "I am changing my song from w by x artist, to y by z artist."

Meh, he's new lets give him the benefit of the doubt
Former Chief Executive of the Genesis Corporation
Infamous WorldVision Sheep Entry

Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: -4.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.33

WorldVision Results:
WV 22: 19th for Beards (Ba Ba Ba)
WV 23: 30th for Jimmian Tell Overture
Punch in the Face Award: Phoen
WV 24: 27th for Ours is Best
Middle Finger Award: Ultimate Evil
Shut the F Up Award: Lymantia
WV 25: N/A for Die in a Hole
Newcomer What the F*ck Award: Lymryk Isles
WV 28: 30th for Do the Pelvic Shake
Golden Dick Award: New Warwick
WV 32: DQ for Pilgrim

Vampirum
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vampirum » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:49 pm

I forgot to say this before, but I'm with Nekoni. I'd be more than willing to help people with their host bids as well if it's within the rules. :) I'm not doing much right now so I don't see the harm.
Last edited by Vampirum on Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---------FACTBOOKNATIONAL ANTHEMNATIONAL NEWS---------
FT NATION WITH MAGIC AND VAMPIRES
13th place - WorldVision 24
3rd place - WorldVision 25
5th place - WorldVision 26
6th place - WorldVision 28
5th place - WorldVision 29
2nd Place - WorldVision 31
2nd Place - WorldVision 37

Magazine Hottest Royals In The World Competition - 7th place

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:00 pm

Yakostan wrote:
Luziyca wrote:Probably. But he should've said that (at least) "I am changing my song from w by x artist, to y by z artist."

Meh, he's new lets give him the benefit of the doubt

Unless if he is European. :P Then he clearly should be familiar with a song contest like this. I believe it's called the EuroVision Song Contest.

Vampirum wrote:I forgot to say this before, but I'm with Nekoni. I'd be more than willing to help people with their host bids as well if it's within the rules. :) I'm not doing much right now so I don't see the harm.

Yeah. I am, but mine would be the bait to lose. :P
Last edited by Luziyca on Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WorldVision Committee
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 26, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby WorldVision Committee » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:41 am

The Deadline for submitting host bids has passed.

The host voting has now begun.

As usual you vote for your 3 favourite bids
8 points to your 3rd favourite bid
10 points to your 2nd favourite bid
and 12 points to your favourite bid.

TG you host votes to WorldVision Committee
WorldVision Song Contest Committee
"Uniting the Multiverse through Music"

Run by Carrelie, Elejamie, Malta Comino Gozo, South Batoko, and Ugunnustan

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:43 pm

And sent, as well as a pre-emptive congrats to CQ, because I bet $12 he's gonna win (or 12 quid or euros).

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:18 pm

Luziyca wrote:And sent, as well as a pre-emptive congrats to CQ, because I bet $12 he's gonna win (or 12 quid or euros).

Why not Bloodbath?
早晨!ToBu for short.

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:19 pm

Todlichebujoku wrote:
Luziyca wrote:And sent, as well as a pre-emptive congrats to CQ, because I bet $12 he's gonna win (or 12 quid or euros).

Why not Bloodbath?

Gave BG the 8. But with CQ's bid so well done, I don't stand a chance. :P

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:23 pm

Luziyca wrote:
Todlichebujoku wrote:Why not Bloodbath?

Gave BG the 8. But with CQ's bid so well done, I don't stand a chance. :P

Between the two of us we've covered all the bids- except one, I think.
早晨!ToBu for short.

Alianza Albos
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Alianza Albos » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:10 pm

Alianza Albos signs up with Menfis Rodríguez

Title: Fasista Vigilante
Artist: Infierno Blanco Band (Singer: Menfis Rodríguez)
Tune: Paranoid (Black Sabbath)
Language: English, Spanish
Composed by: La 11
Written by: TuMadre FasCaca.

Lyrics pending.
The ninth best team in the twentieth century in America.

We're greater than Fasistas.

This hooligan/tifosi nation is puppet of San Jose Guayabal

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:33 pm

Todlichebujoku wrote:
Luziyca wrote:Gave BG the 8. But with CQ's bid so well done, I don't stand a chance. :P

Between the two of us we've covered all the bids- except one, I think.

Acathey. They look nice, but ehhh...

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates