NATION

PASSWORD

New Edom's Religious Freedoms Threatened! (Closed)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:25 pm

Code: Select all
FROM: McNernian Foreign Ministry-Office of the Prime Minister
TO:Allied States of New Edom
SUB:Detainees
SEC:CLASSIFIED

Greetings

We would like to have someone from our embassy investigate the business of Raltirian Nationals being accused of terrorism. We want proof so that innocents are not harmed. We wish to send Police officials to provide a second perspective on the matter and provide meditation between you and the Raltirians if you should need it. We are not impressed with your Return to Sender program.

To:McNernian Foreign Ministry--Office of the Prime Minister
NOTE: The MESSAGE FORWARDED BACK WAS SENT INCORRECTLY, WITHOUT PROPER FORMS OF ADDRESS OR ADDRESSED TO THE WRONG DEPARTMENT. IT HAS BEEN SENT TO THE SUBDESK OF QUESTIONABLE MEMORANDUMS, UNDER THE SUB-DIRECTORATE FOR EXTRAREGIONAL COMMUNICATIONS UNDER THE DIRECTORATE OF ADMINISTRATIVE AFFAIRS. IF YOU WOULD LIKE A DIFFERENT REPLY, PLEASE ADDRESS YOUR COMMUNICATION ACCORDINGLY. IF YOU NEED TO KNOW HOW TO DO THIS, PLEASE EMAIL US AT http://WWW.GOVERNMENTOFNEWEDOM.INQUIRIES.NE, OR CALL US AT 1-800-123-4567

To: McNernian Foreign Ministry--Office of the Prime Minister
Congratulations! You have won a free trip to Bird City Fun World in Nass, Teman. Fun for the whole family and take your picture with Harry the Bird and have a Birdburger dinner for five on the house at the Birds' Nest Theme Restaurant!
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

McNernia
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby McNernia » Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:30 pm

Code: Select all
TO:B.Kent Foreign Minister of the Allied States of New Edom
SUB:Raltirian Detainees
SEC:SECRET

Greetings

We are not amused with your coupon antics, we were under the assumption and we apologize for thinking that the message would be forwarded properly automatically. We wish to mediate as to returning the Detainees home, we have every reason to belive their innocence.
Polaria
Erin Islands
Kaisong Islands
Al-Azkar
Rhodana
Eragh
Arisal
Kirav
Neu Engollon
New Edom: Clyde Hullar Ambassador
Aurora
Children of Aurora
A Luta Continua
Aneas
Tyrennia
Golgoth
Pardes
Cornellian Empire
Rostil
Sondria
Ajax
Astyria

Greater Dienstad
Minyang
Endorser of the Amistad Declaration
SIgnatory of the Amistad Declaration
IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY RPing, TG ME PLEASE, THANKS A BUNCH.
A Time of Trouble
All my posts shall be dedicated to Tom Clancy. May he Rest In Peace.
I Consider the above to be Canon. Which means I want to RP with you if you've been in those regions. Or Are.

Call me Archinia ICly and well maybe Mcnernia is plausible....I don't know.

Lore change?

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:02 pm

FROM THE OFFICE OF THE FOREIGN MINISTER
To HM Emilion IV

Encryption: Private

Your Royal Majesty,

With all due respect, I have no idea what you are talking about when you refer to 'coupon antics'. Is that a code for something? And may I ask what detainees you are referring to?

Apparently there was an earlier exchange of messages which the President and your Prime Minister had which were not followed up on, so I would like to respectfully ask that we clear this matter up before we proceed further.

I look forward to your reply,

Sincerely,
Benjamin Kent
Minister of Foreign Affairs
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

McNernia
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby McNernia » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:18 pm

Official Statement of HM Government of the Kingdom of McNernia
Concerning the Allied States of New Edom

HM Government of the Kingdom of McNernia:

Supports Relgious Freedom

Condemns terrorism

Condemns states that engage in the arrest of Foreign Nationals and refuse to provide evidence of the charges

Condemns Declarations of war over causes that could be solved via diplomacy.
Polaria
Erin Islands
Kaisong Islands
Al-Azkar
Rhodana
Eragh
Arisal
Kirav
Neu Engollon
New Edom: Clyde Hullar Ambassador
Aurora
Children of Aurora
A Luta Continua
Aneas
Tyrennia
Golgoth
Pardes
Cornellian Empire
Rostil
Sondria
Ajax
Astyria

Greater Dienstad
Minyang
Endorser of the Amistad Declaration
SIgnatory of the Amistad Declaration
IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY RPing, TG ME PLEASE, THANKS A BUNCH.
A Time of Trouble
All my posts shall be dedicated to Tom Clancy. May he Rest In Peace.
I Consider the above to be Canon. Which means I want to RP with you if you've been in those regions. Or Are.

Call me Archinia ICly and well maybe Mcnernia is plausible....I don't know.

Lore change?

Riysa
Senator

Founded: Jan 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Riysa » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:02 pm

The Fascistic Autocracy of Riysa
جمهورية العربي ألفاشية الريسي

"One Unified Nation, For Eternity"

To: MFA Benjamin Kent, New Edom

Greetings,

We have sent a previous message inquiring on the purpose of the law in question, stating our belief that the citizens from Raltirian Denethier were wronged, and asking for reparations between the two nations. We receieved this in reply:
To:Za'im Tawfiq al-Hiwari
NOTE: The MESSAGE FORWARDED BACK WAS SENT INCORRECTLY, WITHOUT PROPER FORMS OF ADDRESS OR ADDRESSED TO THE WRONG DEPARTMENT. IT HAS BEEN SENT TO THE SUBDESK OF QUESTIONABLE MEMORANDUMS, UNDER THE SUB-DIRECTORATE FOR EXTRAREGIONAL COMMUNICATIONS UNDER THE DIRECTORATE OF ADMINISTRATIVE AFFAIRS. IF YOU WOULD LIKE A DIFFERENT REPLY, PLEASE ADDRESS YOUR COMMUNICATION ACCORDINGLY. IF YOU NEED TO KNOW HOW TO DO THIS, PLEASE EMAIL US AT http://WWW.GOVERNMENTOFNEWEDOM.INQUIRIES.NE, OR CALL US AT 1-800-123-4567

To: Za'im Tawfiq al-Hiwari
Congratulations! You have won a free trip to Bird City Fun World in Nass, Teman. Fun for the whole family and take your picture with Harry the Bird and have a Birdburger dinner for five on the house at the Birds' Nest Theme Restaurant!

Understandably, we weren't very happy when we receieved something we perceived as stonewalling. If this is an honest mistake - which it appears it is, you have our sincerest apologies.

Za'im Tawfiq al-Hiwari

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:15 pm

FROM THE OFFICE OF THE FOREIGN MINISTER
To Za'im Tawfiq al-Hiwari

Dear Sir,

The 15 Raltirians arrested were arrested on charges of terrorism. As a nation which has been obliged to defend against insurgency itself, surely you understand the imperative of a government to defend its people even when it is unpopular to outsiders? If you would like to know more about the situation, we would be glad to inform you further about the details of the matter. As for our culture and religion, while they may differ from that within your own country, they are nevertheless ours, and we hope that there can be mutual respect regarding this. Raltirian Denethier's government has consistently refused to do so and will not acknowledge any actual diplomatic effort on our part, however.

As to the automatic message, unfortunately that is sent out when our government receives messages that are not addressed to an appropriate government ministry, and it is not intended as any insult. There is a website that can be contacted for how to properly address government messages.

I look forward to your reply,

Sincerely,
Benjamin Kent
Minister of Foreign Affairs

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Lamoni » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:17 am

Office of the President of the Free Republic of Lamoni

To: <open communique>

The governments of Lamoni and Ganosia have taken notice of the hostile messages that have been sent of late to the government of New Edom. We would like to remind these governments that New Edom is an ally of both Lamoni and Ganosia, and that any attack upon New Edom will be regarded as an act of war perpetrated by your nation upon both New Edom, as well as upon both of our nations, and we will respond accordingly.

Signed,

Andrew Stinson
President
Free Republic of Lamoni

Quinn Zurithalissaran
Empress
Ganosia (AKA Ganos Lao)
Last edited by Lamoni on Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:42 am

Official Press Release of the United States of Allanea

The endless arrogance of New Edom – or alternately, the deep lack of professionalism of its government officials – wherein messages from foreign governments, or foreign government leaders, are bounced back with spam messages and advertisements for some form of contests – speaks to us of a country which has nothing but contempt of the world community. It would save New Edom a lot of grief to hire a room full of clerks to just sit there, read foreign letters, and then forward them to whatever government office they are relevant to. Failing that, a Mechanical Turk service could easily be used to resolve such problems.

In other news, we have nothing but complete support for the nation of Raltirian Denethier. We cannot help but wonder if the hostile reactions of many nations towards New Edom are brought upon by their cosmic rudeness.
Last edited by Allanea on Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Founded: May 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:07 am

Excerpt from the New Alexandrian Courante online version; 8th Augustia, 2014, Assorted Ausitorian Standard Time
Subsidiary of the ABC

Parliament reunited as Palmerston brings in Trade Sanctions against New Edom

The Spring Palace, Alexandria, The Commonwealth of Sebvorshka
In a popular move, the Duke of Palmerston, Union Foreign Secretary of State, proposed that under section 2 (a) of the World Assembly Resolution #209 New Edom should be stripped of the right to export or import Ausitorian end-user goods. In a speech widely commended, not only by government supporters but also by large numbers of opposition members, he declared that "New Edom's enforced nudity policy constitutes a basic breach of fundamental rights to privacy, diversity, and religious nonconformity; and we will not tolerate it any longer".

Having sailed through the Commons and Lords facing a mere 27 abstentions, the enabling resolution comes into force tomorrow, although a spokesperson for the Department of Commerce suggested that he felt it unlikely to effect more than 0.2% of annual trade, since there is almost no direct trade owing to the disastrous public relations fallout after the New Edomite and Spirean Conspiracy resulted in the voluntary ejection of our Homelands and their assets from this particular reality. One informed source told reporters that anti-Edomite opinions are running at fever pitch in the corridors of power, particularly among those politicians and civil servants now effectively exiled from their homes. He added that New Edom should feel itself lucky that it had escaped a declaration under section 2 (c) - which deals with 'serious international disputes' and 'times of war'.

The leader of the opposition was unavailable for comment, and the issue has unusually united the country, bringing together both liberals and human rights protectionists with those who have worried that recently the Imperial Commonwealth has been going for profit at any cost. There has however been some opposition from a few outspoken social labour conservatives, who complain that it is none of the government's business, and that trade losses incurred should be taxed and spent on the poor. Critics - although surprisingly few - have denounced the move as nothing more than a cynical (and successful) attempt to reunite the Liberal Trading Party with an image of corporate responsibility.

Nevertheless, the stock market rose slightly, in line with a small rebound in the government's polling rating.
Last edited by Libraria and Ausitoria on Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:29 am, edited 5 times in total.
The Aestorian Commonwealth - Pax Prosperitas - Gloria in Maere - (Factbook)

Disclaimer: Notwithstanding any mention of their nations, Ausitoria and its canon does not exist nor impact the canon of many IFC & SACTO & closed-region nations; and it is harassment to presume it does. However in accordance with my open-door policy the converse does not apply: they still impact Ausitoria's canon.
○ Commonwealth Capital (Bank) ○ ○ Commonwealth Connect (Bank Treaty) ○ ○ SeaScape (Shipping & Energy) ○
(██████████████████████████████║║◙█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙[█]

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:53 am

1 COPPER

THE FINEBERG TIMES

CITY FINAL MONDAY SEPTEMBER 30, 2013

Strange Old Man Hates Children

by Annabelle Barca

FINEBERG, New Edom Rumors to the effect that President-King-Emperor-Duke-Marshal-Prince etc Kazansky of Allanea hates children continue to pile up. This eccentric and elderly gentleman also claims to be a friend of elves in public addresses. “We’re not actually sure what that means, but it’s disturbing,” said Undersecretary of Foreign Affairs Levi Dathan.

The most recent outburst on the part of the Allanean government was outrage at the existence and promotion of Bird City Fun World in Nass, Teman. There can be no greater expression of a country’s desire to encourage children that fun for a whole family. Yet the ageing President etc of Allanea has made strong statements against this theme park. There is much speculation as to why.

“Maybe it’s because he’s old and can’t go to theme parks anymore?” wondered a weary single mother, a widow, with her six children waiting to get into the theme park.

Among this eccentric and geriatric head of state’s private pleasures are reading other people’s mail and criticizing the mail through public correspondence. “The world should be concerned about elderly and possibly mentally incapacitated leaders invading the privacy of others and overly concerned with meddling with people’s lives. But this thing about him hating children is crossing a line,” said Attorney-General Dr. Uriah Nicanor. “We will be scrutinizing this activity to a greater degree.”

On the other hand corporate trade between Edomite and Allanean companies has thus far been brisk, as Cute Bunny Burger chains in New Edom and Paladin Cinemas chains in Allanea bear witness to. “Hopefully,” said Dr. Nicanor, “We can in conclusion say that the ordinary man and woman in the street, the ordinary consumer, has more sense at times than political leaders may claim to have.”
Last edited by New Edom on Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:11 am

1 COPPER

THE FINEBERG TIMES

Inquiry Launched into Peacekeeping Incompetence

by Annabelle Barca

FINEBERG, New Edom A commission has been put together over the last several months to inquire into the failure of the peacekeeping efforts by the UEF and ICPPO during New Edom's 2nd Civil War.

The Pahath-Moab government is determined to back this commission fully, as during this period of peacekeeping there were open attacks on New Edomite government authorities, civilians and utter failure to coordinate and control peackeeping responses. The commission intends to in particular look into how bureaucratic concerns and the personal pride of peacekeeping field commanders prevented focus on humanitarian concerns.

"I have very little respect for governments complaining about New Edomite solutions to New Edomite problems when they have either avoiding helping during our time of need or worse than that, interfered in ways that contributed to our troubles," Dr. Uriah Nicanor, the Attorney-General, stated to the press. "However we will have a fair inquiry that will get to the bottom of this. Among the worst incidents were the "Massacre of 9th Street" in which Norvenian peacekeepers opened fire in a crowded area and for reasons never fully resolved during a negotiation for evacuation of civilians from a disputed district of Fineberg, killing several civilians and wounding many others. Another was the massacre at Aphek by Major-General Krancke of the Greater Aryan Race's peacekeeping force, which opened fire on Free Congress militia without provocation, also causing civilian casualties.

Among those individuals being investigated are Sir John Grayne, the Peacekeeping Advisory Council's intermediary to the Imperial Commonwealth of Libraria and Ausitoria, Viscount Vickers, the commander of the aerial peacekeeping forces, Peter Randall, who headed the Norvenian Commonwealth's mission, and several of the ground force commanders. Lack of oversight and command and control is one of the main failings the commission intends to investigate. Findings will be released to international peace and humanitarian organizations when complete.

Riysa
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Riysa » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:20 am

The Fascistic Autocracy of Riysa
جمهورية العربي ألفاشية الريسي

"One Unified Nation, For Eternity"

To: MFA Benjamin Kent, New Edom

Greetings,

We find that you are lacking in proof regarding the actions of the Denetherian citizens. All we've heard is fluff, and no actual proof; in fact, to the contrary, we have found proof that this is a deliberate action, supporting the government and minor outlying groups at expense of the people.

As a devout nation of diverse religions - Sunni Islam, Greek Orthodox, Assyrian, and Antiochian Orthodox Christianity, for example, we respect and hold dear the concept of religious freedom. What we find that your nation is doing is anything but ensuring religious freedom - rather, it is oppression of religion. We have no respect for such actions.

Furthermore, we find it lazy and disrespectful that you resort to an automated spam macro, instead of having even a slightly more expensive automated system or government functionaries sort through the official mail that you receive.

There is much trouble right now, and all of this can be solved if you simply release the nationals you detained on basis of a single, bizzare, oppressive law. Isn't ensured peace worth a few people?

I believe our position is quite clear.

Za'im Tawfiq al-Hiwari

أخبار الوطن
Akhbar al-Watan - News of the Nation
الطبعة الإنجليزية - English Edition

ريسا الله يحميها
V40-I40
1 Lira

Za'im Declares Support for Raltirian Denethier Against New Edomite Aggression

Flag of New Edom.
This morning, our beloved Za'im gave his weekly address on live television. During the session, consisting mostly of standard discourse on future economic and military growth policy, he abruptly brought up the issue of New Edom, whihc had been quietly circulating on international news. With devoted passion, he announced his support for the citizens of Raltirian Denethier currently detained by the tyrant Edomite government.

After much deliberation, we have come to the conclusion that the government of New Edom has no basis for detaining the Denetherian citizens, and is and has been oppressing its citizens on the basis of their religious convictions. We have seen proof, gathered both from our Mukhabirat al-Jawiyah as well as supplied by friendly foreign agencies, that the government of New Edom purposely oppresses people for its own selfish gains and the pleasure of certain government-supported groups! We have called on them for their release, only to be met with disrespect and silence. New Edom does not seemingly respect the rights of foreign nationals, if it gets

I can not guess what the poor, wronged, foreign nationals must be going through right now under the pressure of the tyrants! And I say - my heart is with them! Furthermore, how can a nation even consider such a law, to begin with? This is a completely alien, strange concept to my mind, and I am sure, to everyone who is listening!

*applause occurs at this point*

We can not even consider it, do you know why? Because we are not a nation of selfish, morally bankrupt, corrupt people! We carry our honor and dignity and raise our heads up high! We sacrifice for our brothers and sisters, and for the greater good! A selfish concept is incompatable with our way of life!

Oh Queen Maria, oh President Pahath-Moab, I call on you - release those that are detained, and you will have proven to us and the world that you can still differentiate between wrong and right! You and your nation will have regained respect in the international community. Is that not worth a handful of foreign citizens?

If you refuse, I can not sufficiently express my dissapointment, for you have all been caught up in the darkness of your desires, and have abandoned respect and dignity, particularly towards others.

After giving his speech, the Za'im announced a complete embargo of New Edom, and that the amount of interceptor and naval patrols around Riysian aerospace would increase. In his own words, "We are seeking to ensure the absolute safety of Riysa and our allies from New Edom at this time. We are especially concerned about Edomite allies that are close to our homeland, and efforts have been stepped up to keep watch on them at all times." When questioned about what nations he ment, he smiled, and said: "Wouldn't we lose the element of supprise if we released specific names?"

Also in this section:
Riysian military capabilities and new equipment issued for service.
Air Force actively seeks out scientists and engineers - benefits for working under various specialties.
Last edited by Riysa on Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:37 am

The Duke of Palmerston, Head of the Security Committee, and resplendent in a colourful embroidered orange silk tunic, broke into gales of laughter as he read the diplomatic memo. He passed the memo speechlessly to the Deputy Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs, who was wearing a red business suit, and chuckled gently before laughing uproariously as he passed the memo on to the Deputy Permanent Secretary of the Cabinet Office, who was dressed soberly in a grey suit with a fun blue tie with dolphins frolicking. He stifled a giggle before rolling his head around as though it was about to fall off. Within a few minutes the entire sunny veranda of the Spring Palace was full of colourful civil servants roaring around with so much laughter that the Press on the other side of the building heard it and wondered if the whole buildings was being laughing gassed.

Apologizing to the Prime Minister, who was not immediately amused at being distracted in his office (until he read the memo and saw the funny side to it), the Security Committee finally recovered its senses and seats and set about to respond in kind. Unfortunately they couldn't think of any major action short of declaring war, but that didn't spoil their sheer delight that they had annoyed New Edom into a response. Now to try to cajole and entice New Edom back into civilization.

Excerpt from the New Alexandrian Courante online version; 8th Augustia, 2014, Assorted Ausitorian Standard Time
Subsidiary of the ABC

Supreme Court reissues invitation to New Edom to bring forth their evidence to the Post-Peacekeeping Public Inquiry

The Supreme Court, Alexandria
In response to New Edom's remarkably late decision to further investigate UEF & ICPPO Peacekeeping Policy, the Supreme Court has reissued its now ancient invitation to the New Edom government to submit their evidence for further consideration, promising to take a new look at the considered opinion of the Court that 'without the advantage of hindsight, it is difficult to see how any blame may be attached to the failure of our different cultures to communicate more effectively'.

But in what a confidential source told us the Duke of Palmerston had referred to as 'a load of nutty fruitcakes setting up a kangaroo court', the Government of New Edom has decided to launch their own investigation - which seems to have already decided, even before the inquiry begins, that the Peacekeeping was incompetent. The Duke spoke only slightly less scathingly to reporters. "It's obvious that they're attempting, even at this very late stage, to draw a smokescreen and rewrite history to make the barbaric aftermath of their civil war look a little bit less like their own fault. And as for this witch-hunt of individual scapegoats - why didn't they come forward with evidence last year if they were concerned about it? That's either deliberate stalling or serious incompetence!"

Analysts have remarked before on the surprisingly balanced opinion of The Imperial Commonwealth, which suggested several modifications to internal civil service policy. However, many fear that New Edom has no cultural appetite for engaging in such grown-up debate, gloomily pointing to their lack of interest in considering foreign viewpoints, and complete and utter contempt for the international community. While the Supreme Court's final recommendations were diplomatic, the need to deal with primitive tyrannical mindsets, lack of legal culture, and narcissistic and evasive behaviour has lead many to suspect that New Edom may regretfully not be interested in improving relationships.

However, other analysts have put a more positive outlook on the incident, suggesting that by showing a preparation to adopt judicial methods, New Edom might finally be on the way to rejoining civilization. With the example of well-balanced judgements, New Edom might finally be able to move on and to dispel their contempt for the free world. We can hope.
Last edited by Libraria and Ausitoria on Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Disclaimer: Notwithstanding any mention of their nations, Ausitoria and its canon does not exist nor impact the canon of many IFC & SACTO & closed-region nations; and it is harassment to presume it does. However in accordance with my open-door policy the converse does not apply: they still impact Ausitoria's canon.
○ Commonwealth Capital (Bank) ○ ○ Commonwealth Connect (Bank Treaty) ○ ○ SeaScape (Shipping & Energy) ○

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:26 pm

1 COPPER

THE FINEBERG TIMES

Foreign Threats Increase

by Annabelle Barca

FINEBERG, New Edom In spite of the vowed support of governments such as those of Ganosia, Lamoni, the Cornellian Peacekeeping Organization's signatories, foreign nations continue to try to squash New Edom's economy and sovereignty. In the face of this, General Pahath-Moab has said that he has no choice but to maintain a heightened level of military readiness.

"In the recent past," the General said, "We have tried to be reasonable and fair to these nations which threaten us for our way of life. Each time we have been taken advantage of and attacked. I must reluctantly therefore declare that we will remain in a state of martial law until such time as we are no longer threatened by the international community."

The embaroes have thus far been seen to be ineffective--they have been in the opinion of New Edomite economic experts to be more of a nuisance than anything truly damaging. While there have been some dissident opinions from some quarters in the country, generally support for General Pahath-Moab is on the increase. Demonstrations against certain international organizations have taken place against the Za'im of Riysa and Duke Palmerston of the Imperial Commonwealth of Libraria and Ausitoria as well as of the Supreme Counselor of Raltirian Denethier.

Greater Mackonia
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Mackonia » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:15 pm

OFFICIAL COMMUNIQUE TO THE WORLD OUTSIDE FROM THE GOVERNMENT OF THE STATE OF (GREATER) MACKONIA

Concerning Whomon Nudity

It has come to the ears of good Macks across our fair lands that tensions are once more rising among the whomons, who go to war almost as often as they change their clothes. Well given the current situation such an analogy may be best saved for other situations. It is not the whether or not you wear clothes or not that the Mack care about, we never felt the need to cover our bodies with cloth and fur so why should you whomons?.We defend the right of the people of New Edom to be free of this bizarre custom, we suspect that those shadowy voices saying otherwise are doing so for the interests of their own countrymen in the tailoring industry. However there is something that does frighten every good Mack to the core of his being, the fact that you reject clothes, that so many humans accept as the definition of civilization raises a chilling prospect. That the people of New Edom shun the pinnacle of what is good in the universe....the hat, we implore the government of New Edom to give us an answer soon.And if the answer should sadly be that your people are hatlackers in the truest sense of the word then the Interregnum of Greater Mackonia will feel it necessary to outlaw your faith within our borders.

This is the word of the representatives of the chosen people of Mackonia, who were blessed by the six at the dawn of all things and who's wisdom shall go unquestioned by wise ears.

Signed by: Deetravus sijhal Uleksandiir-Nysulva Kjarendvoga one zulal-Lyserikstro, Vahlthos of Foreign Affairs.
Last edited by Greater Mackonia on Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The Agonocracy of Greater Mackonia
"Show me someone without an ego, and I'll show you a loser."
-Donald J. Trump.

Raltirian Denethier
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Raltirian Denethier » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:30 pm

City of Denethier, Raltirian Denethier

Encouraged by the support of nations around the world, the Supreme Counselor once again calls for New Edom's government to renounce its stubborn attachment to its theological policies which serve only to oppress the peoples living within its own borders. He reminds the world that what New Edom seeks to perpetuate is far from a system of religious freedom. Quite contrary, to oppress another on the basis of one's own religion is religious oppression. Now, what New Edom has done is oppress the citizens of another state based on policies which violate the human rights of both those foreign nationals as well as its own citizens. Those Raltirian citizens were, he would like to remind all of us, denied the right to contact the Denethrien embassy in New Edom. They were refused any rights as foreign citizens and were instead assaulted and sexually humiliated in public, then dragged off to be branded as terrorists, despite legal documentation providing a waiver for these citizens from the Compulsory Nudity Act.

New Edom does not deserve to be commended by any foreign state, and the Supreme Counselor is baffled as to why any foreign states would consider this a righteous act to begin with.

Friends of New Edom have rallied under a banner of democracy and national sovereignty, when New Edom, itself, is governed by a military dictatorship which tolerates the existence of armed militias organized by various religious groups around the country. Denethier, therefore, cannot view the government of New Edom as being a legitimate entity to represent and lead the country in this time of hardship.
Nation Information
I hail from the great continent of Aels, known to much of the world as Atlantis.

Began RPing on Facebook Nations forums in September of 2008, joined with the Aels group (for nations without real world locations) in the next few months as one of the first three members, and have been playing loyally ever since. Since Facebook Nations is in deep decline and is very nearly dead, we make our home here.

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:33 pm

This time it was sighs around the table. Evidently not yet.

Subsidiary of the ABC

Duke Palmerston calls upon New Edom government to engage in dialogue

As New Edom succumbs to an increased state of paranoia, with General Pahath-Moab taking the drastic measure of declaring martial law, Duke Palmerston issued a call to the New Edom government to "engage with the community of nations" and "not to blow what remains of their respectability on unconstructive knee-jerk populism". However, with headlines like "Foreign Threats Increase" and an unwillingness to discuss the real issues at stake, commentators have suggested that this approach is unlikely to fail, and that the best way of approaching the New Edom regime is on their own terms, with their own abrasive language and violent mindset.

Speaking at an academic discussion on Politics Today, analysts discussed the apparent inferiority complex that caused such a terrible closed mindset and isolation from the international community. Comparing New Edom with Ausitoria, they said that New Edom sadly appeared to be culturally beyond reach - lacking the confidence in foreign dealings and sheer self-confidence required to adapt, to change their minds, and to tame their instincts. "Looking at the history of Ausitoria," Sir Jeremy Auberton commented, "we have never before been in such a terrible position - we have always known we could pull through and come out better. But New Edom, while full of confidence like ourselves, is full of the hollow sort - not the questioning sort, not the cultured sort, but rather the primeval innate sort." He added that he was sure there were some New Edomites who were not like that, and joked that he expected to be burned in effigy by automatic reaction within the hour, challenging protesters to 'engage in academic debate' and 'question themselves' instead.

However, demonstrations are expected to continue in New Edom, which seems to be tottling on an unstable path. Economists reminded business leaders that while the effect of the embargoes makes no real difference to the Ausitorian economy, there is a lot of Ausitorian money involved international telecommunications and banking services - products that, by the long chains of international commerce, would normally find their way into New Edom.

It is therefore to be hoped that New Edom might be persuaded to abandon its more egregious policies, with the Department for Trade leaking a note stating that that for administrative reasons they would be exercising a legal loophole and not enforcing the embargo until they had time to conduct a more thorough study.
Last edited by Libraria and Ausitoria on Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:47 pm

1 COPPER

THE FINEBERG TIMES

Raltirian Terrorists Thin End of Wedge

by Annabelle Barca

FINEBERG, New Edom Backed by Libraria and Ausitoria, a nation of "Murderers" in the eloquent voice of the people of the Allied States, Raltirian Denethier's Supreme Counselor has openly stated that "Denethier, therefore, cannot view the government of New Edom as being a legitimate entity to represent and lead the country in this time of hardship." Foreign Minister Benjamin Kent stated in response to this that "How can we negotiate with people who do not recognize us as a legitimate body with which to negotiate?"

The very fact that Raltirian Denethier's government does not deny that the citizens arrested are legitimate terrorist suspects speaks volumes. "There has been," the Foreign Minister went on to say, "No demand for extradition, to have officials visit the prisoners in spite of our invitation that international organizations or foreign governments should do so. In spite of our consistent open door policy towards this, they continue to demand supplication. We are informed that Duke Palmerston wishes New Edom would engage in dialogue. With whom? With his countrymen, who regard us as savages and openly declare us to be so, and have shown not the slightest remorse for their own actions? The Allied States' Government does not engage in dialogue with hypocrites who offer a friendly hand along with their insults and threats."

Meanwhile, the 15 terrorist suspects remain in custody at Stonehaven National Prison. Charges are being prepared for an official Accusation by the Chief Magistrate of Fineberg, Bishop Zecharias.
Last edited by New Edom on Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raltirian Denethier
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Raltirian Denethier » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:29 pm

City of Denethier, Raltirian Denethier

The Supreme Counselor is further displeased by New Edom's further blatant lies. Since the beginning, he has called for New Edom to step back and give his citizens the rights they deserve as foreign nationals. Moreover, such has been true on the grounds that charges of terrorism have not been substantiated by proof or proper investigation by Edomite authorities. These citizens were simply apprehended without having given the government of New Edom any legitimate reason to believe acts of terrorism had been conducted by these citizens. The Supreme Counselor has in no way ignored the needs, the rights, or the innocence of these citizens. It has been New Edom who has been unwilling to yield in its decision to abuse and arrest these citizens and unwilling to negotiate in the past, rather taking stubborn, unyielding stances in any discussions conducted regarding its ill-treatment of its own people and of others.
Nation Information
I hail from the great continent of Aels, known to much of the world as Atlantis.

Began RPing on Facebook Nations forums in September of 2008, joined with the Aels group (for nations without real world locations) in the next few months as one of the first three members, and have been playing loyally ever since. Since Facebook Nations is in deep decline and is very nearly dead, we make our home here.

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:34 pm

The High Court, Fineberg, New Edom
Nations with embassies in New Edom may send journalists or observers to the court in session; others may not.

Security for the court session was partly provided by the Fineberg Police Department, in dark blue uniforms that were double breasted with military style boots and riot helmets; however there was a Council Police presence as well.

The judges who were of particular note were Bishop Zecharias and Gabrielle Balaam. Two near opposites; the others were considered nonentities by the press and by politicians and political groups. But Zecharias represented the Archbishop (a generally loved figure) and the old establishment. Balaam represented the Manifesto--she was openly gay in defiance of state law--the fact that she had never been publicly observed to be practicing made it impossible to arrest her or even Accuse her. She was considered notorious for handing down radically liberal sentencing; she was a stately woman with short iron grey hair, a humorous mouth and intelligent eyes; Zecharias was a short feline man with heavy lidded eyes and a small mouth. He was known to be tough and shrewd.

Judges in New Edom wore black robes with red trim, and sat on a panel. Above them on a stonework scroll read the letters in flowing script: Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.

Media had one gallery, foreign dignitaries and representatives of ambassadors another, and general observers and members of government the center, with the dignitaries in the front row.

"I hearby call this court to order." said Zecharias, glancing around, leaning towards his microphone. "The Accused," he glanced towards a large rectangular dock they were seated in, "are advised that they are here under rule of law. No harm will come to them for speaking the truth as they understand it to be, but rather they will be Accused and if found that there is nothing to Accuse them of, they will be set free." he glanced at his fellow judges, who were nodding.

The prisoners looked unhappy, hunched naked, trying to be modest. It didn’t seem to matter to them that the media and most of the others in the room except for uniformed services, clergy and judges were also nude. They may have been kept in cells but that was somehow different; it was like a form of torment to them. Here, they had been taken out of vans in broad daylight in spite of their protests, brought in by guards and sat down. The prisoners, 9 men and 6 women, were mostly between the ages of 20 and 35 or so from the look of it, looked variously upset, worried, defiant, sullen, angry. Some of them looked upset and ashamed to be in their state of undress in a public place where hundreds of strangers were looking at them like they were dangerous animals on display.

"Accusor, are you prepared?" asked Zecharias, glancing at the public prosecutor. Beside this official sat the Attorney-General, Dr. Uriah Nicanor, a balding strongly built gentleman in his fifties.

"Yes, Your Excellency. The Accusation is as follows: that these fifteen prisoners had connived to blow up public buildings such as schools, court houses, rail stations, power stations, water refineries and other areas which would have caused citizens to become injured, sick or be killed.” said the Accusor; he was a neatly dressed man in his early thirties, with fair hair and light blue eyes. “The evidence is overwhelming. Their strategic photographs of such places, their recorded conversations about the importance of bringing down this government, and their contact with foreign agents who are known terrorists as well. They are from Raltirian Denethier, a nation which is known to be hostile to the government of the Allied States, refusing to even acknowledge our country’s sovereignty.”

“SHAME!” a group of ETC militia and Edenists leapt up in outrage, shaking their fists, clasping their hands heavenward. The dignitaries mostly just sat quietly; a few glanced over their shoulders. They were mostly people wearing either neat clothing (members of the aristocracy), military uniforms, or very ornate body paint that suggested clothing or artwork.

“Silence in this Court!” shouted Bishop Zecharias. “God is not the author of confusion!” The crowd simmered down. “Counsel for Defense?”

“Your Excellency,” said the Counsel for Defense, Mr. Skandros, a rather hairy man with a neat goatee and a pectoral like pelt on his chest, standing, “May it please the Court that these people are merely foreigners who came concerned about the plight of…er…non heterosexual persons as refugees, and wanted to help them…”

“BOO!!!!” shouted the audience. The prisoners flinched and looked apprehensively, a few defiantly, at the crowd of angry citizens.

“One more outburst like that and I’ll clear the court!” the Bishop, like a cat to the very end, once roused was very roused indeed; his eyes flashed, he stood up, pointing at the loudest people until they subsided. However he was a trifle worried; the ETC in particular seemed roused themselves. He was glad that they had to put weapons in an arms locker at the entrance to the court. “Very well. I would like to see the evidence…”
Last edited by New Edom on Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:49 am

1 COPPER

THE FINEBERG TIMES

War Games Announced!

by Annabelle Barca

FINEBERG, New Edom Regular war games take place occasionally between New Edom and her allies. One of the most notable sets of them were the Marine Landings exercises in which Lamonian Marines helped train New Edomite Marine Infantry, ultimately helping them prepare for the invasion of Damoclea. The Lamonian Department of Defense was along with Estovakiva, Inutoland and Sensal partly responsible for the modernization program which made the current New Edomite Department of Defense possible.

The war games being launched today however mark two things: Lamoni's semi-neutrality with regard to avoiding choosing sides int he 2nd Civil War and preparation for a theoretical invasion by Raltirian Denethier and possible allies from Allanea and other nations.

"While we do not wish to say that Allanea is our enemy--we have no reason to think that they are--it is not inconceivable that they could, given their political posture towards New Edom, become one were all the right circumstances to line up," said Chief of the General Military Staff General Martin Benajah. However the military spokespersons and the Chief of Staff insist that it is merely a theoretical exercise and has no bearing on government policy. "We need to be prepared in many eventualities."

"We aren't trying to provoke Allanea or Raltirian Denethier per se, but they seem to be making ridiculous accusations while ignoring the offers from our government to sit down and talk. If this acts like a form of slut shaming to them, maybe they need to wake up and smell the coffee," said General Solomon Barak, commander of I Army Corps, using language somewhat modified here.

Lamoni, one of New Edom's most important trading and diplomatic partners, is also one of its strongest allies, which dates back to the personal friendship of President Andrew Stinson and President William Touchstone. LAIX Armaments, a multi-role defense firm, is in partnership with New Edomite manufacturers through Arcanum Armaments, an international conglomerate. Certain weapons in development are likely to be tested during the exercises.

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:59 am

Subsidiary of the ABC

Baron Lolopretjzyl's notes on the Fineberg Times leaked: "Does New Edom Understand what Extradition is?"

The Supreme Court, Alexandria
Baron Lolopretjzyl, Supreme Justiciar of the Alexandrian Court Circuit, had his legal notes on the Fineberg Times leaked to reporters. Beside the comment "Does New Edom Understand what Extradition is?" he had written "Extradition to a civilized country like Denethier would be asked if the suspects were suspected by Denethier. Evidently they are not suspected by Denethier. And New Edom expects a demand for Extradition? Where did they learn law?"

He had gone on to outline an attack upon the legal procedures of New Edom, asking "Why is it that New Edom does not primarily consider individual rights, but thinks only in terms of governments? Denethier hasn't decided its citizens are (or aren't) terrorists because they have due legal processes and innocence until proven guilty. And Denethier demands New Edom treat their citizens properly. Yes, that speaks volumes! If New Edom fails in their legal system we must consider our options."

He also made a note in the margin for a press release to state that "while Ausitoria is being called 'Murderers' - a libelous slander the government should consider taking up later - why should New Edom be surprised that officials from foreign countries feared the lynch-mob currently running New Edom?" And in the final line, he added that New Edom should get used to be critiqued by the rest of the world as a condition for membership, finishing with the comment: "evidently they're not used to freedom of speech, and if they really can't bear to consider the constructive criticism of foreign well-wishers, why don't they engage in more dialogue with themselves?"

Although he refused to comment on the leak, beyond verifying it, the Baron told reporters that his message to New Edom was: "The world will not look kindly on a show trial. The Courts must consider both sides of every argument."

The leak, from sources we cannot reveal, comes on top of considerable leaking from several government departments recently, with a memo from the Prime Minister's Office calling upon government departments to "refrain from leaking" immediately leaked to the press. Evidently the ship of state is the only ship to leak from the top. Which just goes to show what an open society we live in.
Last edited by Libraria and Ausitoria on Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:09 am, edited 4 times in total.

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Lamoni » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:29 am

Lamonian Air Force 12th Air Division participates in military exercises in New Edom

By: Harry Martell

In conjunction with the Lamonian Navy's carrier battlegroup that is homeported in New Edom, the Lamonian Air Force's 12th Air Division has participated in military exercises in New Edom.

Comments have been made about the timing of these previously scheduled military exercises, as nations such as Allanea, Menelmacar, and Raltirian Denethier are staging international protests against the Edomites for putting fifteen terrorist suspects on trial, according to Edomite law.

There has been no official statement from the Lamonian government or military on the situation thus far, other than a statement of support for the Edomite government and people. Speculation has focused on the exercises being used by the Lamonian Government to prove to Allanea that the Free Republic will not be pulled away from their Edomite allies in time of crisis. Hostilities are not seen as likely at this point, but it looks like no options have been left off of the table at this point.

Lamoni Today will bring you more news as we learn it.
National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:24 am

Subsidiary of the ABC

Government defends attack upon New Edom's System: "Why should the 51% be able to shove their buttocks in the 49%'s faces?" "Now is the time to push more."

Expressions of solidarity with New Edom such as
this nudist rally (not pictured) lead to further debate
Amid gathering charges from the opposition that the government has 'misled' the nation about the precise nature of New Edom's compulsory nudity policies, with their significant exemptions and waivers which permit people to opt-out for vaguely defined 'religious reasons', the Duke of Palmerston attended a gathering at the Royal Geopolitical College in Alexandria to explain the government's stance. Having passed through a hostile nudist rally (not pictured) while studiously looking in another direction, the Duke of Palmerston explained to a packed debating hall that "while New Edom has been making significant progress, finally abandoning their Gay Re-Education Centers, now is the time to push for more progress, for more comprehensive rights. How do they still justify, on the grounds of safety, forcing an entire region to submit to compulsory nudity?" - a question that the debating hall, filled with intensely bright individuals, was unable to offer any sensible answer to, many adding that the temptation of so much bare flesh would probably worsen public order in areas unused to it.

The Duke went on to object to the idea of general nudity as a majority-enforced concept. "Majority does not mean people can run all over the minority. 51% of people cannot leave the other 49% to starve, so why should the 51% be able to shove their buttocks in the 49%'s faces? Some people might prefer not to see that sort of thing. People should be able to live with a reasonable expectation to not see nude people all the time in the course of their daily lives, and nudists should respect such rights in the same way we do. The right of people to disassociate themselves from the majority should take precedence over some mobocratic variety of 'democracy'," he finished.

With such dramatic imagery, although the debating hall flippantly voted that there were certain buttocks they might not mind being shoved in their faces, the hall almost unanimously agreed that they did not feel the New Edom's majority government gave them the right to run ram-shod over the minority's rights.

Asked about what the government was planning to do, the Duke of Palmerston replied that as usual, when individual rights are concerned, all options remain on the table. He added that he hoped a peaceful resolution was possible, and expected that New Edom's allies would do the right thing and persuade their friends in the New Edom government to reconsider their policies - the latter statement adopted in the closing vote of thanks.

Idoa
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Idoa » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:05 pm

Official Communique from the desk of President Carl Frost

To:Benjamin Ken, Minister of Foreign Affairs
Encryption: Very High

I have witnessed the events of lately that are transpiring against you country and I must proclaim that I view them with contempt. Any nation that wishes to flex it muscles against a peaceful and just democratic process can only be viewed as a tyranny with nothing but malice in their heart. After much discussion with my advisors and support from leaders of the Senate The Federated States of Idoa will take the official stance that New Edom's policies are just and fair ones and as such Idoa fully supports New Edom in any way that we can provide. Furthermore there are many thinly veiled threats that are being aimed your country as well and this is another cause of concern to us and we are currently assessing what assets we have in the area to offer assistance and the 3rd Rapid Foreign Expedition Corps is being put on high alert as well.

We hope this message of support will bring some light to you in what we consider to be dark times

Carl Frost, President of the Federated States of Idoa
Last edited by Idoa on Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[04:06] (Allanea) he roleplays his nation as this openly and utterly evil thing
[04:07] (Allanea) that kidnaps people and crucifies children
[04:07] (Allanea) like I can just stab this

PMT/FanT: The Federated States of Idoa
FT: The United Systems of Usidia

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents