NATION

PASSWORD

Midgard: Europe of Myth OOC (OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:01 pm

Thank you.
Economic Left/Right: -10.0 (previously -6.45)
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.18 (previously -4.72 )
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves;
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:14 am

Bump.

Pragia
Powerbroker

Founded: May 08, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Pragia » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:51 am

Peg

Neo-Assyrian Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo-Assyrian Empire » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:10 am

So, Pers, how many players do you think will be needed to start up an IC?
Account may or may not be alive or dead. We'll see what happens
General Information
<G> Is the national currency. <G> 1 = $1.6
Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: 1
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -.31
Veni, Vidi, Vici
|[=-=X|X=-=]|
Currently RPing As
Nobody
;~;

|[=-=X|X=-=]|

Pragia
Powerbroker

Founded: May 08, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Pragia » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:29 am

APP:
NS Name: Pragia
Society Name: Pragian Alliance
Species: Human (70%, 30% Dwarves (more in middle mountains)
Claims: Non-Alps Italy (no Sardina or Sicily)
Population (the largest populations are about half a million): 400,000
*Military Percentage (this includes all that can be put in action such as militias): .75% active, though many could be called for militia (maybe 4-5%)
Government/Culture: A council government, republic
History: The Pragian Alliance was formed by a binding legal agreement between the Humans of the Northern Lowlands (mainly Milan-Turin area) and the Dwarves of the middle mountains (Rome-southern central parts.) . This alliance was formed after both sides had exhausted most of their resources fighting each other, and much blood was spilled. The alliance has only recently been formed, and the Council has just begun meeting in Aurum among the seven golden hills (Rome, 7 hills by Tiber river). They hope to usher in a new age of cooperation and advancement against the barbaric world around them.
Other: focused on technology, few magic users, very superstitious about other fantasy races
RP Sample: will get, but you know me.
*Maxs= Small Pop. 15%, Large Pop. 7% , Medium 10%

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:17 pm

Neo-Assyrian Empire wrote:So, Pers, how many players do you think will be needed to start up an IC?

Tonight I'll make a list of those accepted. IC is up on Wedbesday.

Pragia is accepted.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:18 pm

Reserving northern European Russia/Komi.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Atorea
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Atorea » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:24 pm

can I reserve Britain?
Colonies: The Dominion of The Colony of Atorea, and The Community of Colonial State of Atorea
If you have an RP, and you want members, I will gladly like for you to TG me!!!!!
[Surl=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=262602]Member of the Western Coalition[/url]

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:25 pm

Atorea wrote:can I reserve Britain?

Write a decent app. Also I already have Wales.

Atorea
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Atorea » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:42 pm

APP:
NS Name: Atorea
Society Name: The Vikings Brotherhood of Odin
Species: Vikings
Claims: Nowhere, they just buy property in cities
Population (the largest populations are about half a million): 253,476
*Military Percentage (this includes all that can be put in action such as militias): All Viking men living on the Properties of the VBO, so all Viking men, about 121,378 because Viking men believe dying in battle will bring them heaven.
Government/Culture: The Viking Government is called the Allthing. The Vikings own properties all over Europe, and any VBO member is allowed to join. The Allthing is composed of Voted in leaders from towns.
History: They were formed when the Vikings left the Norseland and formed communities.
Other:
RP Sample: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=262282

Colonies: The Dominion of The Colony of Atorea, and The Community of Colonial State of Atorea
If you have an RP, and you want members, I will gladly like for you to TG me!!!!!
[Surl=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=262602]Member of the Western Coalition[/url]

Atorea
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Atorea » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:45 pm

To better explain, the Vikings just start like districts in cities and villages all over Europe. Not that they own it, its just they are parts of the places they live. They typically fight for other peoples armies as mercanaries or Viking Units, so everyone can benifet from the Vikings living in towns.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:56 pm

< -
NS Name:-/
Society Name: Sarelisian Imperium
Species: Minotauri
Claims: Cyprus, Crete, Rhodes, Malta, Balerics, Corsica, Sardinia, Gibraltar, Sicily
Population (the largest populations are about half a million): 432,918
*Military Percentage (this includes all that can be put in action such as militias): 1% in the Sarelisian Legions, 2% in the Free Companies, 2% in the Sarelisian Warfleet.
Government/Culture: Ruled by a council of the Kaiser, his heir, the Grand Legatus, Windmaster and Marshal of the Free Companies.
History: Sarelis is among the oldest nations still surviving, and has due to a mix of national pride and wealth. The Minotauri, originating from Crete where their current capital city and main port resides, quickly discovered their home island had a lack of resources; a lack that had to be rectified. Many Minotauri explorers, former Legionarries and people looking for a new life set out on voyages across what would become the Sarelisian Sea, due to their dominance over it.

Many of these colonies were established and failed for various reasons. Hostile natives, wildlife, disease and just being abandoned all played a part. But those colonies that did survive thrived.

Nearly all the surviving colonies were on islands scattered throughout the sea, and soon enough resources flooded in from the colonies, either mined by the Minotauri themselves or traded with natives. Soon enough, however, pirates began to appear. This spawned the creation of the Sarelisian Warfleet; one of the mightiest in the Sarelisian Sea. In a campaign lasting many decades, through a mix of ruthless punishments, bribes and captures, the Sarelisian Warfleet had all but irradiated the pirate menace from the Sarelisian Sea along the main trade routes.

Now the Imperium stands at its height; but it has far to fall, should it fall.
Other: Think Carthage with Roman organization but not equipment.
RP Sample: You know me (I think)
Last edited by Lunas Legion on Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:05 pm

@Atorea, both of your apps are of extremely low quality, and I'm just going to have to say denied. Also it is filled out incorrectly and just seems poorly done in general. I do not believe that this is the proper RP for you. You still need practice.

@Lunas Legion, I've rped with you a few times. The history is a bit short. Write a little more and ill accept it.

For everyone else:
There are currently five accepted players. Before the IC goes up I would like two see at least eight. Potential co-ops may telegram me. I need one other. Person to accept apps and help run the RP.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:06 pm

Personal Freedom wrote:@Atorea, both of your apps are of extremely low quality, and I'm just going to have to say denied. Also it is filled out incorrectly and just seems poorly done in general. I do not believe that this is the proper RP for you. You still need practice.

@Lunas Legion, I've rped with you a few times. The history is a bit short. Write a little more and ill accept it.

For everyone else:
There are currently five accepted players. Before the IC goes up I would like two see at least eight. Potential co-ops may telegram me. I need one other. Person to accept apps and help run the RP.

Well, time to get on that.

Shark isle
Senator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:11 pm

App:
NS Name: Shark Isle
Society Name: The Nimnauts
Species: Humans
Claims: The Swiss Alps
Population: 5,000
Military Percentiage: 25%
Government/Culture: The Nimnauts are governed by a council that meet every year. But most of the time they are governed by a mayor. The Nimnauts have very strong Catholic roots and will torture anyone who does not agree with them. History: The Nimnauts were followers of a catholic priest called Francis Nimnaut. Francis claimed he was visted by a angel who told him the Roman Catholic church was corrupt. So he started his own church to combat the Roman Catholic Church They were driven away by the Swedish king for starting there own church. They where a nomadic people who wondered Europe for years eventually finding a home in the Swiss Alps. But it was not easy to get they had to slay a giant who lived there. After they killed him they took over the mouintains and started there own country. As time went by The Nimnauts were forgoten by the rest of the world and the Nimnauts intend to keep it like that.
Other: The Nimnauts set traps all over the Swiss Alps to keep out intruders.
RP sample: The world of Teen Titans.
Last edited by Shark isle on Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Atorea
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Atorea » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:18 pm

Personal Freedom wrote:@Atorea, both of your apps are of extremely low quality, and I'm just going to have to say denied. Also it is filled out incorrectly and just seems poorly done in general. I do not believe that this is the proper RP for you. You still need practice.

For everyone else:

I do not need practice, I have been in numerous RPs, its just I do not make good apps. Heres a new one:

APP:
NS Name: Atorea
Society Name: The Viking Kingdom
Species: Humans
Claims: Norway, Sweden and Denmark
Population (the largest populations are about half a million): 156,789
*Military Percentage (this includes all that can be put in action such as militias): 15% (if bad tell me)
Government/Culture: They're culture is that they belive in Viking Mythology. They have a big military because in they're culture because they believe that dying in battle will get them to heaven. They're government is a kingdom.
History: The Vikings have fought in thousands of wars, raided hundreds of nations. That is how they get so much resources. The Vikings now center on the City of Mennt (Accomplishment in Old Norse), where they buy resources and hear the news. The Vikings also have 10 Big cities in Denmark, their religion is Old Norse Mythology, where they worship Odin as the Leader of the Gods. They have built a big center to the Gods in Mennt.
Other: Their King is King Odinson, where people beleive that he is Odins Son.
RP Sample: Rise of Nations IC.
Last edited by Atorea on Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:28 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:< -
Claims: Cyprus, Crete, Rhodes, Malta, Balerics, Corsica, Sardinia, Gibraltar
*Military Percentage (this includes all that can be put in action such as militias): 1% in the Sarelisian Legions, 2% in the Free Companies, 2% in the Sarelisian Warfleet.
Government/Culture: Ruled by a council of the Kaiser, his heir, the Grand Legatus, Windmaster and Marshal of the Free Companies.
History: Sarelis is among the oldest nations still surviving, and has due to a mix of national pride and wealth. The Minotauri, originating from Crete where their current capital city and main port resides, quickly discovered their home island had a lack of resources; a lack that had to be rectified. Many Minotauri explorers, former Legionarries and people looking for a new life set out on voyages across what would become the Sarelisian Sea, due to their dominance over it.

Many of these colonies were established and failed for various reasons. Hostile natives, wildlife, disease and just being abandoned all played a part. But those colonies that did survive thrived.

Nearly all the surviving colonies were on islands scattered throughout the sea, and soon enough resources flooded in from the colonies, either mined by the Minotauri themselves or traded with natives. Soon enough, however, pirates began to appear. This spawned the creation of the Sarelisian Warfleet; one of the mightiest in the Sarelisian Sea. In a campaign lasting many decades, through a mix of ruthless punishments, bribes and captures, the Sarelisian Warfleet had all but irradiated the pirate menace from the Sarelisian Sea along the main trade routes.

Accepted.

@Shark Isle @Atornea
Can you write a little more? Both of the apps are borderline, but I want to know more about them. The culture and/or histories should be extended.

@Atorea it Atornea: (sorry if I misspelled it). Sweden and Norway were reserved. However Denmark is a good location, don't you think?
Last edited by Personal Freedom on Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Shark isle
Senator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:02 pm

Personal Freedom wrote:
Lunas Legion wrote:< -
Claims: Cyprus, Crete, Rhodes, Malta, Balerics, Corsica, Sardinia, Gibraltar

Accepted.

@Shark Isle @Atornea
Can you write a little more? Both of the apps are borderline, but I want to know more about them. The culture and/or histories should be extended.

I edited my app.

Caecuser
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Caecuser » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:09 pm

Have any Minotaur or Beastmen species been accepted yet?

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:09 pm

Caecuser wrote:Have any Minotaur or Beastmen species been accepted yet?

I've got Minotaurs.

Caecuser
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Caecuser » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:13 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:
Caecuser wrote:Have any Minotaur or Beastmen species been accepted yet?

I've got Minotaurs.

Hmm, I will find another species. One that eats Minotaurs for breakfast. ;)

On an unrelated note, how magical can we get? I'm assuming the Conservation of Ninjutsu is at work in that the lower a population we have the more concentrated and powerful our magic is.

Neo-Assyrian Empire
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo-Assyrian Empire » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:14 pm

Caecuser wrote:
Lunas Legion wrote:
I've got Minotaurs.

You could always be a Werewolf species that wants to give all of its gold to the Vampires that run the Imperrin!, or, ya' know, just be a werewolf species...
General Information
Veni, Vidi, Vici
|[=-=X|X=-=]|
Currently RPing As
Nobody
;~;

|[=-=X|X=-=]|

Caecuser
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Caecuser » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:22 pm

Neo-Assyrian Empire wrote:
Caecuser wrote:

You could always be a Werewolf species that wants to give all of its gold to the Vampires that run the Imperrin!, or, ya' know, just be a werewolf species...

Hmm, how about some Were-Dragons? Or Giants? Or magical-warrior monks?
Last edited by Caecuser on Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:24 pm

Caecuser wrote:
Lunas Legion wrote:
I've got Minotaurs.

On an unrelated note, how magical can we get? I'm assuming the Conservation of Ninjutsu is at work in that the lower a population we have the more concentrated and powerful our magic is.

Daralanish at the most extreme. That would be a very small kingdom with about 5%. In Avalon there are about 1,800 mages, for 100,000 to 125,000 people.

Neo-Assyrian Empire
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo-Assyrian Empire » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:24 pm

Caecuser wrote:
Neo-Assyrian Empire wrote:You could always be a Werewolf species that wants to give all of its gold to the Vampires that run the Imperrin!, or, ya' know, just be a werewolf species...

Hmm, how about some Were-Dragons?

Euuh... well... that's original, I guess. Not quite sure if Were-Dragons could make for a good society, but that sounds pretty epic :meh:
General Information
Veni, Vidi, Vici
|[=-=X|X=-=]|
Currently RPing As
Nobody
;~;

|[=-=X|X=-=]|

PreviousNext