NATION

PASSWORD

"Infinitus Dominium" Grand OOC

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Guess who's the stupidest idot of them all?

The OP is a dork.
3%
The OP is a knuckle head.
6%
The OP is incompetent.
10%
Cookies are delicious.
65%
The OP is currently aboard the phail boat.
10%
The OP is in need of an actual life.
6%

Total votes : 31

Kyuria
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kyuria » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:48 pm

Nyte wrote:Still waiting on that character app... :p

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-
Right. Well,...
I'm going to write it on my forehead.
>,>
Why must I be the only one who can be reasonable in the face of chaos?

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:49 pm

Kyuria wrote:@ Inesea; Nope, six is perfectly fine.

@ Ors; quite litterally just when I found it. XP Anyway, they're readily Approved, but I did notice just before I finished reading that you noted the Vorkon as Avian type,... but I can't really tell. I think I might have missed something, but it does not affect your app at all.

@ Steel; thanks, that does drastically change things no that I know,...

Awesome!

And the Vorkon have two arms and two legs and stand straight upwards like a human, so that is pretty much how they are avian.

Tribea
Minister

Founded: Aug 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Tribea » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:52 pm

Im not in op, so am i not accepted???
Sediczja wrote:Sediczjan infantryman drops fro the ceiling, entrenching tool in hand. Extremist shits pants, followed by death. Great success.
ಠ_ಠ
╭╮
Fantasy RP:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=289003

Kyuria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyuria » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:54 pm

I just failed to keep updating the OP is all, you'll probably get used to my incompetence eventually.

Equalsun Empire
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Equalsun Empire » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:57 pm

Yortini Systems wrote:
Entaurii wrote:

It also raises the question, how does a ball of energy do anything?

We are high-level Psionics; we use our energy to influence the environment around us.
Spirit Animal of Castle Crashers

Quick link to my horrifically messy factbook.
Awarded the Honourable Epicness Award for Persuasive Nuclear Weapon Placement 2015

Dogs of War wrote:While the motto of the British SAS is "Who dares wins" the motto of Equalsun's SAS is "Who cares who wins?"

The Great and Kawaii™ Ella wrote:As much as I love Stellaris, video games are a magnet for powerwankers, and when the AI beats them too hard, they come over to II and P2TM and take their anger out on us.

So I got into am currently in a name-calling contest in a flag rating thread...

Student, Canadian, ENFP

Equalsun Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Equalsun Empire » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:58 pm

Kyuria wrote:I just failed to keep updating the OP is all, you'll probably get used to my incompetence eventually.

Incompetence? You are keeping up remarkably well with all these happenings. Just looking at the OP gives me a sense of awe...

Awarded the Honourable Epicness Award for Persuasive Nuclear Weapon Placement 2015

Dogs of War wrote:While the motto of the British SAS is "Who dares wins" the motto of Equalsun's SAS is "Who cares who wins?"

The Great and Kawaii™ Ella wrote:As much as I love Stellaris, video games are a magnet for powerwankers, and when the AI beats them too hard, they come over to II and P2TM and take their anger out on us.

Student, Canadian, ENFP

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:00 pm

Equalsun Empire wrote:
Yortini Systems wrote:It also raises the question, how does a ball of energy do anything?

We are high-level Psionics; we use our energy to influence the environment around us.

Psionics?

I see this is one of the settings I'll have to set up the Singers as inherently anti-magic in.
Last edited by G-Tech Corporation on Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Kyuria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyuria » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:02 pm

Equalsun Empire wrote:
Kyuria wrote:I just failed to keep updating the OP is all, you'll probably get used to my incompetence eventually.

Incompetence? You are keeping up remarkably well with all these happenings. Just looking at the OP gives me a sense of awe...

Bollocks, I'm three days behind schedule as is. D:

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:02 pm

Equalsun Empire wrote:
Yortini Systems wrote:It also raises the question, how does a ball of energy do anything?

Very interesting.

I think the Vorkon used to have something similar to that ability, before the Codex subjugated them.

Old Sarthal
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Old Sarthal » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:04 pm

Equalsun Empire wrote:

The Sarthantai'd will burn you at the stake for witchcraft, if such a thing is possible with your species.
Economic Left/Right: -0.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.59
19:49 AzuraI piss excellence.

Yortini Systems wrote:God, yes, yes!
Soroi Athlai [FT]
Sarthasian Republics [MT]
Proud Member of FT-Bravo Roleplay Group
I may be a schemer, but I'm not the only one.

Generation 31 (The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)

Entaurii
Envoy

Founded: Jul 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Entaurii » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:05 pm

Old Sarthal wrote:
Equalsun Empire wrote:We are high-level Psionics; we use our energy to influence the environment around us.

The Sarthantai'd will burn you at the stake for witchcraft, if such a thing is possible with your species.

Flowmetal stake with fires summoned by Damballah?

Old Sarthal
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Old Sarthal » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:08 pm

Entaurii wrote:
Old Sarthal wrote:

Damballah is also on the "kill with fire" list, primarily for wiping out 99% of the species 3500 years ago, but sure, why not.

Soroi Athlai [FT]

Generation 31 (The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)

Equalsun Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Equalsun Empire » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:09 pm

Entaurii wrote:
Old Sarthal wrote:

You could burn us, I guess? It would be very hard, as you would need to trap our energy ball in a jar and burn the jar...

Student, Canadian, ENFP

Yalos
Minister

Founded: Aug 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Yalos » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:13 pm

Wait, Kyuria, we can have larger populations?
Seriously? Because if so, can I apply to have my population tripled to 3 trillion? I thought that my number was obscenely high, but I wanted a super Empire with lots of different contending factions, and the larger, the better, heh? Or if not 3 trillion, could I get a figure as to how high you're willing to allow?

Finium
Senator

Founded: Nov 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Finium » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:14 pm

Have no fear, the Templar is near!

Should I descend into hell, so be it. Should I rise into heaven, so be it. Should I wander the planet, so be it. For I am a Templar, I am the one who goes on when others shrink to follow, I am the one who goes on when fire rains down, I am a Templar.
big chungus, small among us

Yortini Systems
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Yortini Systems » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:15 pm

Will the Sarthantai'd exploit the artificials due to their god status?
A cactolith is a quasihorizontal chonolith composed of anastomosing ductoliths whose distal ends curl like a harpolith, thin like a sphenolith, or bulge discordantly like an akmolith or ethmolith.

Kyuria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyuria » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:20 pm

Yalos wrote:Wait, Kyuria, we can have larger populations?
Seriously? Because if so, can I apply to have my population tripled to 3 trillion? I thought that my number was obscenely high, but I wanted a super Empire with lots of different contending factions, and the larger, the better, heh? Or if not 3 trillion, could I get a figure as to how high you're willing to allow?

Of course of course, as long as the population matches the infrastructure and it's not ultimate orders of magnitude larger than everyone else combined, I've no problem. I actually think that for now 3 trill should be the upper limit.

Equalsun Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Equalsun Empire » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:21 pm

Finium wrote:Have no fear, the Templar is near!

Should I descend into hell, so be it. Should I rise into heaven, so be it. Should I wander the planet, so be it. For I am a Templar, I am the one who goes on when others shrink to follow, I am the one who goes on when fire rains down, I am a Templar.

:lol:

Student, Canadian, ENFP

Old Sarthal
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Old Sarthal » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:25 pm

Yortini Systems wrote:Will the Sarthantai'd exploit the artificials due to their god status?

They'll most likely attempt to resume their roles as masters and go about rebuilding Athla as best they can. I might have someone attempt to declare themselves the heir to the empire later on, triggering a power struggle between the planets and possibly a civil war.

Soroi Athlai [FT]

Denengrad
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Denengrad » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:28 pm

(Insert Nation Flag/Insignia here) -- Nation flag to the left, unable to find the image on the HD >.>
Civilization Name: The Polity of Denengrad
Civilization Age: Around the 1000 year mark.

Government Type: A.I semi-transparent autocracy
Government Information: The Leader of the Polity is the A.I known as PC (Polity Central) and rules over the civilization but mainly focuses on central world issues. Others worlds are governed by Sector Class A.I’s that report back to Polity Central on all issues.
Government Status: Very stable. Some separatist movements, but mostly on Line Worlds.
Population: Around one hundred billion.

Home World/Capitol: Home system – Ellingson, Home World – Denengrad, Capital City – Autozam.
Capital Status: Very good, the home world is very carefully watched over by Polity Central so as to keep it as it once was a thousand years ago.
Notable locations and such: Line World Citadel. Agharta City. Factory 101. Protected world of Ten’agellon
Founding Species: Human
Other Species: The A.I’s
=========================================================
Society and Cultural information: A possible Utopia that slightly missed its mark. It’s good but it could all end in tears and dystopia.
Society Status Some civil unrest, always found on Line Worlds. On the most part, stable.
Languages English, Thai, French, German.
Economy: 6
Industry: The Big Fifteen - Fifteen worlds that are the industrial powerhouse of the Polity, on these words there are no pollution laws or emission laws to get in the way of building things, as such these planets can churn out anything the polity wants. No one lives on these planets due to the levels of pollution and the now un-breathable atmospheres so all workers arrive via Runcible and stay for usually one week before returning home for four days off. Also, why build houses when that space would be taken up with auto factories and assembly lines, for the last 300 years the "Big15" have never been out of action, their products include - Aerospace craft, luxury ground vehicles, electronics, crystal mem storage units, heavy farming equipment, desalinization plants, star ship parts.
Production/Construction: Super heavy shipyard facility’s (mothballed). Dyson Sphere (estimated time to completion – 1200 years). Runcible Construction. Megaroad cold sleep ship production.

Soopah Powah: Assasin Drone - For the duration of the Trajeen conflict every type of fighting was engaged in and every possible weapon employed. A moon was flung from a war runcible to destroy a dreadnought, and there was even hand-to-hand fighting usually with messy and unhappy consequences, it has to be said. Terror was a weapon employed by both sides: for the Polity that weapon was the assassin drone. These killers either operated alone or in pairs. Their prime purpose was to infiltrate dreadnoughts, stations or ground bases to turn the occupants into meat paste. Usually they did this in an as messy and frightening manner as possible: diatomic acid injection, complete removal of the skin and immobilization so the victim would be eaten alive by its own ship vermin, immobilization and removal of internal organs while keeping the victim pumped up on stimulants, attaching numerous mines to a person, and using is as a weapon against its own. The drones themselves were, like most drones of the time, fashioned in the shape of various lethal arthropods and other nasty creatures. They possessed minds as hard and sharp as their outside appearances. With remorseless cruelty they killed tens of thousands, their sum purpose the cold calculation of inspiring sufficient terror in the survivors so they would divert resources to defence that would otherwise have been used for offence. It worked, too. There’s nothing quite like knowing something out there wants to slowly open you up and feed bits of you to your children while you watch to inspire you to double your guard.

Specialties/Advanced Sciences: Runcible Tech - The Runcible is a transportation device widely used in the Polity. It functioned as a teleportation mechanism, with users entering at one Runcible gate and emerging at another. The physics behind this was beyond the comprehension of unaugmented humans, and AI’s were required to operate Runcibles, one notable exception being Sarrien Gloval. On most planets, the AI operating the primary Runcible was also the Polity governor for that planet.
Runcible tech was one of the many inventions of genius Iversus Skaidon and his brief melding with the Craystein computer. Many of the technology's components are named after Edward Lear's nonsense poem, the Owl and the Pussycat. For instance, travellers are called quince, and "sliced" as they enter U-space (in reality rendered into sub-atomic particles and reassembled at the receiving gate by that gate's AI) and the gates are called runcibles.
Runcibles varied in size from small installations used for transporting humans to cargo runcibles so large they were mounted in space stations. They required at least two "horns", between which the Skaidon Warp was created, and this formed the link to the next gate (larger Runcibles often had more, One War runcible was equipred with ten horns). Polity Runcibles can be connected to only one Runcible in the Polity network and then remained locked to that location, and are accessible to all Polity citizens for a small fee. The only legal limitation on their use was the prohibition of transporting weapons without special permission (attempting to do so would result in the weapon being left in U-space upon by the receiving runcible AI). Runcible transportation was, for the most part, an extremely safe means of transportation, although sophisticated sabotage could have disastrous consequences. One example was the failure of a Buffer system, the Buffers at the runcible on Samarkand ceased functioning, causing a traveller to come through at near light speed. The release of uncontained energy was an explosion that destroyed the entire facility and much of the colony, no survivors were recovered.
Strengths: Runcible travel between worlds allowing the rapid movement of personnel and equipment. A.I autocracy allows for rapid decision making.
Weaknesses: Severely lacking in practical FTL star ship propulsion. Reliance on Runcible tech.
Map Claim Size: 1
Grid Coordinates: Delta Quadrant – Vertical = P Horizontal = J
Map Claim Color: Some form of Neon Green!

Holdings/Territory: 27 systems – 41 habitable planets – vast and numerous space facility’s

Colonization/expansion: Sector Class A.I’s will decide when their sector of space is getting a little too crowded, and then request permission from Polity Central to expand into the unknown. Should the answer be successful a search for a viable system will be conducted, this can take upwards of fifty years due to the lack of decent FTL capability. Once a system is found a colony ship will launch, on-board there will be a Planet Class A.I, several sentient war drones, a large number of construction personnel, auto-factories and heavy lifting equipment as well as a large number of drop ships, and last but not least, the Runcible. The travel time can also be upwards of fifty years for this ship.
The first order of business will involve the construction of a structure large enough to house the A.I core, Runcible and power generator, this can tke up to a year. Once the Runcible is online things will proceed at a frantic pace, personnel and equipment will arrive via Runcible and begin construction of arcology cities and the infrastructure designated for that world. These worlds are known as Line Worlds, and are usually a hotspot for separatist movements against the A.I autocracy and the A.I’s themselves.
Foreign policy: Unknown – The Polity has yet to interact or discover another advanced civilization.
Diplomacy: N/A

Technological Age: Earth years, perhaps 8000
FTL Capabilities: Instantaneous travel via Runcible. Ship FTL is very lacking indeed, a Polity ship traveling in U-Space will cover a light-year in roughly two months.
Inter Planetary Travel Nuclear fusion pulse power reactors power most ships in the Polity in terms of conventional engines, converting this into a fusion torch drive system.
Military Information: The military is known as PCS (Polity Central Security) and mostly operates on Line Worlds. It is small but its numbers can explode should they need to thanks to the auto-factories that can pump out ships and War Drones in times of crisis. There are also a large number of human troops who can be called upon
Doctrine: Each A.I warship and War Drone will confer with each other, picking out targets and areas in need of support, this happening in halves of seconds, this information is then filtered down to the human troops.
Human troops have a typical structure of command, and when on the ground work in teams of ten troops known as “Hardliners”, each Hardline unit composes of ten human troops and two sentient war drones. The troops will be in overall command of the unit via the squad commander. The two drones will provide heavy fire support and strikes, as well as stealth operations and terror tactics due to their inbuilt advanced hardware.
Ship battles are carried out solely by A.I’s as their response times are infinitely better than those of humans, typical ship weapons include Rainguns, missiles and particle beams, with rumored U-Space weapons.

Army: For when a planet must be defended on the ground as in most instances with Line Worlds troops and drones will flood though the Runcible gates of that world, securing the local arcology first before moving outwards onto the surface proper. War Drones will scout forwards in stealth mode and conduct lightening raids before larger numbers of drones and troops descend. Drones will also use terror tactics, infiltrating bases and killing occupants in as many horrific ways as they can, causing enemy personnel to panic and commit resources that would have been used offensively to be used defensively

Navy: Polity ships are built at vast auto-factories located within deep space no bound to any star, their locations known only to Polity Central and Sector Class A.I’s. Ships can range from large to behemoths, some are forbidden from entering planetary orbit as their presence would cause tidal waves and earthquakes. All ships are operated by A.I’s, each with its own unique habits, perspectives and preferred tactics. PCS ships are usually kept out of sight until they are needed. Should they be needed in a hurry it is possible to send one via a War Runcible, though the transit results in the collapse of the Runcible gate.

Strengths: Virtually limitless tactics offered by the A.I warships and war drones. Forces are also outstanding at operating in small groups in order to avoid detection within hostile territory.
Weaknesses: Reliance on Runcible tech, should the Runcibles on a world be destroyed, reinforcements may take decades to arrive.
NS activity: Several times a week
Technological Bases: The Owner books.
Prior RP links: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=167233
Last edited by Denengrad on Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:27 pm, edited 12 times in total.

Taeji
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Taeji » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:27 am

Civilization Name: Sals / The Most Concrete Republic of Dopi (of Sals) [sic] (See below)
Civilization Age: Fairly New, 600 years ago, if you ask the first colonization of foreign planet.

Government Type: Feudal Republics + Wandering Mercenary Orders + Couriers.
Government Information: Long time ago, there was a government. Sealed within the atmosphere of home planet, Amdam IV, people were oppressed to pay tax, served the Great Chieftain, sent to compulsory military service… When the first colonization succeeded in Amdam Prime, then Amdam III, then Eba III, then Eba VII, then Dopi IV, then Dopi Prime, then BLAHBLAHBLAH… Everyone just fled to the outer space! When the tax-collectors visited the orbit of far most Salish settlement, they were welcomed by giant fleets in a formation of giant middle-finger. Obviously, the government has been collapsed since then. Now Sals communities live on a feudal manner: “I serve you because I need your protection.” And the lynchpin among them is The Most Concrete Republic of Dopi of Sals. Where the right to vote is for everyone, but the number of valid ballots are multiplied by one’s wealth.
Government Status: BUSINESS AS USUAL.
Population: One hundred billion.
Home World/Capitol: De jure: Amdam System: Amdam IV: Amdaman Council (No de facto authority) / De facto: Dopi System: Dopi Prime: Dopian Council
Capital Status: LOL WHAT GOVERNMENT? / BUSINESS AS USUAL.
Notable locations and such: Eba Prime, the ONCE-ocean planet, where the nuclear wastes are dumped to reduce the radiating heats, Now it is a just one huge radioactive barren planet. Dopi IV, where Sals can swim in liquefied methane water park! YOU can also swim if you can, Sals are always nice to tourists.
Founding Species: Sals
Other Species: Sal-rice: Sliver-colored mineral flora that is edible to Sals, they can be planted on dry soil with Solar rays, also used on making metallic foils which are used as papers by Sals. (Written by swiping their fingers slowly, leaving the trail of charred Salish alphabet. Darn, they could not invent erasers so far.)
Society and Cultural information:CAPITALISM HO! Welcome to Sal society where you have sacred right to promote your products and spend money on whichever thing you desire. Good thing is that Sals only need minerals to live, and utilizes all the organic exotic floras and faunas as products or tourist destinations. They do not work in collective unless the errand in question is too hard to be accomplished by oneself. They are extremely jubilant when it comes to profit, not that they are greedy but it looks like they feel the sense of achievement stronger than other species. They disdain the jobless but able person as their lack of enthusiasm disturbs them. Once they amass the enough wealth, they tend to enjoy their vacation, spending their time on cuddling soft creatures like YOU (YES, YOU!), establishing a romantic relationship, writing a poem under a pale moon of the closet solar system. Saddening fact is that, this peace can be only maintained on water-free worlds. And they will kill billions of locals remorselessly if such planet does not welcome them.
Society Status: Salish view on personal relationship: One’s employer (boss)/ One’s employee/ One’s temporal co-worker (friend)/ One’s best friend/ One’s lover (best friend forever)/ One’s lifetime customer/ One’s potential customer / The Rest.

No there is no social class, but some stupid individuals think money makes might. But such populations are frowned upon, just like humans do.
Languages: Salish, which is a Braille-like electronic stimulus generated on their fingertips. They can make books by using folded metallic foils which they write by swiping their fingers slowly as they discharge the signals. Their keyboards for computers are thick conductor tablet without any other decorations (sans the trademark of manufacture(s))
Economy: 5. (Automated merchant stock market, exchange of abundant luxurious goods across the galaxy, vacation-tourism oriented social structure and infrastructures, various cultural products like a souvenir mineral totem to 4D Anime film for movie theaters.) Their economy is quite average since they solely depend on commerce.
Industry:2. “Oh please. Can you just import them instead of making them? I’m busy working as a merchant.” –General Conception, well, it is 2 instead of 0 because they make the best microwaves and hairdryers in the universe (or at least, they claim so.)
Production/Construction:4. Actually, veteran craftsmen are treated as high persons in Salish relationship. However, what makes them horrible on this field is that they lack the conception of copyrights, standardization, after-sales service, and quality assurance!

Soopah Powah: Microwave/Hairdryer weaponry. Not only that they produce the best consumer grade products, but also Sals employ such devastating WEAPONS on a warfare. The origin started from the very first contact with the substance called ‘water’. It was truly abominable element that was against the law of nature: they exist as a liquid in a temperature where other elements do not, while it is a common sense that the solid elements are always smaller than the liquefied forms and strangely the water does not, it can withstand enormous heat before their compositions are tore apart, even the finniest metals in the galaxy oxidize (rust) upon the contact with them, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY it can dissolve SALS. In a great panic, Sals devoted their technology on eliminating this horrible substance from the space for good. So, at first, they invented powerful air-torch called ‘hairdryer’ yet, started to use it as a close-quart weapon. But how about ranged combat? They could not risk going closer with water… So they invented Microwave and mounted it everywhere, portable firearms, infantry grenades to the planetary defense system and even terraforming tools! They are highly efficient and powerful since they are using it since the birth of their civilization, you must not laugh on that if you don’t want to be crispy.

Specialties/Advanced Sciences: They excel universally on pumping wealth from the aliens, for example they will redesign toilets if your species tend to spend more money on a tourist destination with good toilet infrastructures. They also have centuries of history of mathematically calculating the demand and supply on xeno-luxurious-goods, and earning money from exploiting/manipulating the market.
Strengths: Enthusiastic merchants, PROFIT? CRUSADE!, Competent entrepreneurs
Weaknesses: Oh wait they pay better ATTACK THE CRUSADERS!, Water! AWWWWWW!
Map Claim Size: 3 (Sparsely located, and none of these sectors are fully discovered and/or exploited)
Grid Coordinates: Alpha Quadrant: PP, NR, RN
Map Claim Color: White or Sky-blue

Holdings/Territory:The Most Concrete Republic of Dopi holds the majority of the holdings, while independent/private factions own about 20% of the holdings. However, statistically 40% of the each holding is wasted since they are unprofitable to settle (See below).

Colonization/expansion:
Section 1) Humid (= Water-present) Planets: Where there is a profit, there usually is water, awwwww despicable molecules. *Knock Knock* Hi, are you selling your goods or buying ours? Yes? Okay, pleasure doing a business with you. I need your goods not the whole planet, thanks. / Looks like they would be more profitable if we boil their planet dry, hmmmmm… Tectonic Engineering!!!

Section 2) Water-free Planets: OMG, FREE LAND!!!! HOUSE PRICING IS A GOOD INVESTMENT! IT ALWAYS RISES! AH, RESIDENTIAL! AH, COMMERCIAL! AH, INDUSTRIAL LOTS! Hmm… Looks like there are natives, we must make an offer that cannot be refused. Say hi to my fleets, do you feel lucky punk? Surrender your arms and live on somewhere else… err… somewhere more watery!, or face your extinction. / Oh, wait are you letting us to live together? Okay, we are moving on peacefully thank you. (Muhahaha… Your economy will belong to us!)

Section 3) Ocean Planets: It is an inhospitable toxic planet! Abomination among the planets! Please, remove it from my sight! AGGGGH! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!!!
Foreign policy: USALLY: Image , Sometimes: Image, don’t worry. They treat you hard when they are on business, they don’t want to be lonely anyways. They might give you the product you couldn’t buy in private saying “Don’t say thank you, it is a promotional sample.”
Diplomacy: Image WELCOME STRANGER! BUY MINE! BUY MINEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Oh, what are you holding? SELL IT TO ME! SELL TO MEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Unfortunately, diplomats from other species tell, talking to Sals is a very similar experience with going on a Christmas shopping with the whining cousins.

Technological Age: Feudal understanding of politics, no nationalism, and no ideological bond: (“Aye, my liege. ‘Tis humble commoner art not interested on such things. They merely feed your levies.”), decent level of military/applied science technology: (“Okay, so this torpedoes can rupture the core of the planet, leaving no water on its surface? Cool!”)
FTL Capabilities: None, they are trying to develop one but still no dice. They travel in Sub-light-speed. Since they are more resistant (not immune) to radiations, they use nuclear fission engines. Sometimes nuclear fusions are also used, but do you know where Deuterium, the main fuel of nuclear fusion is from? WATER!!!!!!! Lack of FTL technology is one of the reasons that their territories are not spread over the whole galaxy despite of their dispositions.
Inter Planetary Travel: “Please buckle up tight during the entrance of planetary atmosphere or you might be baked lifeless. And please do not stretch your head or arm or both out of the window. Thank you for your cooperation.”, it is just same with the flight on a 21th century airplane.
Military Information: Which military? The most concrete republic has their own military, many local communities have their own vigilantes. Many Sals are acting-mercenaries or armed-merchants (For self-protection and possible exploitation).
Doctrine: Midrange battle where the Main-gun-microwaves can bake the enemy ships dry and crispy, this doctrine is also applied to individual soldiers.

Army: Salish land armies consist of infantries and some crewed armored microwave-emitters. They even couldn’t develop any body-armors. Since they have weak industrial backings and wandering dispositions, even each soldiers of The most concrete republic do not have shared uniforms, thus they think modifying their own weapon is an obvious right if they want to survive, which usually end up exploding brutally. Don’t worry, Sals are solid and only damage they suffer on such situation is only deep frustration. They shrug off it easily.

Navy: Not very different from the Army, but most Sals prefer to finish their business on their ships because, USUALLY THERE IS WATER IN PLANETS! So, here is their tactics, at long range, they fire Microwave-emitters via their cannons, at midrange they will fire microwave main-gun or super-heater to neutralize you dry. They will not hesitate to send boarding parties because spatial prizes are very profitable business. (If you survived) they do take prisoners and thankfully there is no slavery to Sals, but that does not mean the next market he is heading do not includes slavers. They don’t attack them first if they were not hired to attack you, or maybe… do you ship water visible from the outside?

Strengths:Absurd level of physical constitution of individuals and navy ships, mineral consumption instead of organic floras, Can survive without breathing air (Nitrogen) for a day or two.
Weaknesses:(Literally) Rock-brain, inefficient long-ranged weaponry (Microwave-emitter-shooting cannons which cannot provide their firepower for a long time), severe hydrophobia (Defection and Desertion can be caused), dissolve upon a contact with Water, mineral rich (High profitable corpses), EMP weakness, unstoppable hatred against water.
NS activity:Daily! But I’m afraid I live on Asia, which means the polar opposite time zone.
Technological Bases:Crusader Kings II / EVE Online (Political Mechanisms) / Endless Space (Trade/Applied Science Mechanisms)
Prior RP links: First time on FT…
Last edited by Taeji on Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.
PRO: Democratic Socialism, Consumer Rights, LGBT Rights, Piety, Tobin Tax, Corporation Tax, Universal Healthcare, Peddlers, Soft Drugs, Vegetarianism, Protectionism on Trade, Scientific Advancements, Foreign Aids, Public Education, Abstract Arts, Anime, Taoism.

AGAINST: Public Guns Ownership, Laissez-Faire Capitalism, Abortion that the life of mother is not threatened, Copyrights and Copylefts (But credit), Jingoism, Racism, Totalitarianism, Privatization, Thatcherism, Unproductive Fiscal Manipulatiom that is called Financial Business, Imperialism, Oppressive Communism.

Nyte
Minister

Founded: Dec 06, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Nyte » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:07 am

text wall incoming...

AVE DOMINUS NOX

Civilization Name: The Interstellar Empire of Nyte
Civilization Age: 4,650 Years of recorded history.
Government Type: Nytes system of government is made up primarily of planetary governors, each appointed by, and loyal to Conrad Curze; the Emperor of Nyte. These planetary governors are given moderate leeway with how they run and defend their assigned territories, and pay annual tithes in money and raw materials that are used to fund not only the military, but a vast number of civilian and mercantile ventures as well. The Judicial branch of the government is made up of the Arbitrators which function as a combination of police, judge, jury, and when needed, as executioners. The Arbitrators deal with all aspects of Nytes civilian law and their precinct houses can be found throughout Nytes territories.
Government Information: See above… More details are soon to come once I stop being lazy and iron them out.
Government Status: Currently Nyte is run by a Semi-Benevolent Dictatorship under the Emperor Conrad Curze.
Population: Approximately 34.9 Billion as of the last census.

Home World/Capitol:

WARD 1.01

Nostromo, Nyte, Ward 1.01 (Cities in the Empire are not given official names. Instead, they are referred to as ‘Wards’ and given a numeric designation. Each ward is broken up into a number of districts which may vary in size from several city blocks to several hundred miles. As such Ward 1.01 is the first Ward, first District.)
Capital Status: Currently the Empires capitol suffers from fairly severe overcrowding caused by a long period of isolationism that lasted for over a millennia and a half. Along with the overcrowding, there is an unpleasantly high crime rate caused mostly by numerous gangs, and an abundance of readily available illegal substances that have had a detrimental effect on certain aspects of society. (Think Necromunda from Warhammer 40,000 and you’ll have a good idea of what it’s like.) Otherwise, the economy is fairly booming due to the last few centuries of colonization and general expansion.
Notable locations and such:

WARD 6.15 – Built around the first of three orbital elevators.

The planet Nyte has three orbital elevators built around its equator. Each of these has a thriving city built around these elevators that are home to the vast majority of Nytes Guilds which function similarly to corporations. These three cities (Ward 6.15, Ward 18.03, and Ward 35.19) are also the primary hubs for the Black Market and form the commercial heart of the planet Nyte.

THE SWORD OF NYTE

Orbiting the planet Nyte is a pair of Aegis Class Defense Stations known as ‘The Sword and Shield of Nyte’ that form the heart of Nytes military command. The 'Sword' is home to Nyte Aerospace and Fleet Command, and the 'Shield' is home to Nyte Ground and Spec-Ops Command respectively.

BASTION STATION

Bastion Station is a top secret military research facility built into a Fortis Class Asteroid Facility; the location of which is a heavily classified secret known only to the highest ranking military commanders. Although little is known about this facility, it is believed that only the most powerful and dangerous technologies are researched here.

Founding Species: Nyte/Nyteborne
Other Species: N/A
Society and Cultural information: Nytes society and culture is an odd mixture of forward thinking dreamers that are leading Nytes current change toward a more enlightened and growing society, and the older, guild-led society born from centuries of internal strife that has devolved into a mess of violent, drug addicted gangs, cultists, and delinquents who resist this change for all they are worth; usually with random bouts of violence and rebellion. Oddly, most of the surviving guilds have evolved with the times and now fulfil important roles in business, intelligence gathering, colonization, and exploration.
Society Status Currently fairly stable with only the usual levels of discontent and violence from certain parts of society. At present, things are well under control…
Languages English, Imperial Gothic (Bastardised Latin)
Economy: 07/10
Industry: Much of the more damaging industries have been moved off-world and into asteroid fields. The Nyteborne endeavor to maintain a fairly clean environment on their planets; with strict regulations concerning pollution and waste management long in place, the more harmful effects of heavy industrialization are noticeably lacking.
Production/Construction: In recent times, most Production is done off world in space based facilities. Advanced automation has led to an abundance of easily affordable goods manufactured from all around the empire, and construction methods have been streamlined so as to be quick and efficient.
Soopah Powah: Logistics/Supply. The Nyteborne excel at making sure that they have the appropriate amount of men and material in the right place at the right time. The military is also known for its tendency to prepare for the worst by stockpiling needed supplies and weaponry in hidden locations which works well with the usual strategies and tactics employed by the military.
Specialties/Advanced Sciences: Computer Science, A.I., Cybernetics, Holographics, Medicine/Chemestry, Manufacturing, Hydroponics, Water Recycling.
Strengths: Highly mobile and versatile military, overlapping defensive systems, fairly cheap manufacturing, advanced medical treatments/procedures.
Weaknesses: Internal strife/issues, inexperience in dealing with other ways of life/other lifeforms.
Map Claim Size: 3
Grid Coordinates: Assuming they are still available… Gamma QX, QW, RW (the first letter is over, the second is up.)
Map Claim Color: Midnight/Dark Blue.

Holdings/Territory: The Interstellar Empire of Nyte currently holds 7 fully colonized worlds and has a claim in 35 separate systems. Most of these systems only have a token presence; usually in the form of small scale mining operations, way stations for resupply and maintenance purposes, or the occasional small scale asteroid colony…

System, Planet, Capitol City
Nostromo, Nyte, Ward 1.01
Population: 11.5 billion
Governor: Conrad Curze, the Emperor of Nyte

Nequam, Fatum, Ward 4.01
Population: 4.9 billion
Governor: Mickel Malbaume

Caligo, Caligo Secondus, Ward 3.01
Population: 2.2 billion
Governor: Gen. Ret. Dante Astorious

Gigas, Affictus, Ward 2.01
Population: 3.5 billion
Governor: Gen. Victor "The Lion" Morrow

Baal, Ignifera, Ward 1.01
Population: 2.3 billion
Governor: Azeriah Black

Vastare, Canicula, Ward 5.01
Population: 6.4 billion
Governor: Seraphina Ophelia

Lamiae, Halcyon, Ward 3.01
Population: 4.1 billion
Governor: Constance Marie Volor

Colonization/expansion: The Nyteborne go about matters of colonization in a fairly straight forward manner. In the early phase of planning, a scout fleet is formed to scout out a specified region of space. Their job is primarily to scout out potential hazards or threats to the following colonization effort and to find a likely planet for a colony. This fleet will also lay out automated beacons to notify other races that the territory is already claimed… While this is happening, the government begins the process of screening potential colonists for the best candidates from a pool of volunteers. This pool is usually reasonably large as the colonization efforts have been well received by the general populace, and have thus far proven to be quite successful. After the colonists are selected, they will undergo a governmentally funded training program to prepare them for what is to come. Once this training is complete, the government tasks the military with forming a colonization fleet to escort the colony ships to their destination. This fleet will also form the beginning of the new colonies defenses while other defenses are constructed in overlapping layers. The entire process can take anywhere from several years to a decade from start to finish.
Foreign policy: The people of Nyte are coming out of a long period of isolationism and xenophobia. Currently, the government has taken a fairly cautious approach when dealing with other races. As such, Nyte ships are under orders to explore all possible diplomatic routes first, and only take hostile action if provoked or threatened.
Diplomacy: N/A for now…
Technological Age: Approx. 2,650 years beyond real life Earth.
FTL Capabilities: Nyte ships use a warp drive with a maximum speed of ten times the speed of light. When exiting FTL, ships generate a ‘bow wave’ capable of frying anything within a 2,000 to 3,000 meter radius of the ship. As such, Nyte ships make a habit of dropping out of warp a fair distance away from any planets, installations, and other ships to avoid any unpleasantness…
Inter Planetary Travel Nyte ships use a hybrid Fusion torch/Gravitic drive when traveling at sub-light speeds.
Military Information: Please see my factbook for the details. The factbook also includes Nytes rank structure and standard fleet groupings/numbers. http://www.nationstates.net/nation=nyte/detail=factbook
Doctrine: Nyte military doctrine combines a mixture of high speed hit and fade tactics, combined with advanced stealth systems, and modular, adaptable military units that can be equipped to handle a variety of situations. Nyte forces do not make extensive use of heavy armored vehicles (tanks), instead they prefer to rely on unmanned light and medium mecha and an extremely versatile power armored infantry force backed up by armed gunships and aerospace craft.
Army: Nytes ground forces are made up of versatile power armored units and a wide variety of mostly unmanned A.I. controlled mecha. Primarily geared towards hit and fade tactics, urban warfare, night fighting, and combined arms tactics, Nytes military usually prefers not to engage in open terrain. Instead, they focus on fighting an evasive style of warfare that allows them to pick enemies apart piecemeal while taking the fewest number of casualties possible.

Of special note are the Nytelords squads, which function as a mixture of front line command units (A Nytelord squad leads every infantry company in Nytes army), heavy assault infantry, and military police. Nytelords undergo several years of the most brutal training ever devised by Nytes military, and secretly form the first line of defense against potentially traitorous military commanders/units. (They have a role similar to a Commisar from Warhammer 40,000 in that they execute traitors, and discipline military personnel who commit infractions in their conduct.)

Navy: Nyte ships are surprisingly well armed and heavily armored for their size. Leaning towards speed and mobility, a number of different stealth systems that make them extremely difficult to detect and target at long range, and advanced armor plating to make up for a lack of any type of force fields. Like Nytes ground forces, Nytes navy focuses on hit and fade tactics when on the offensive, and usually endeavors to lure enemies into prepared traps/ambushes and crossfires where an enemy can be picked apart from multiple angles at once.

However, it is defensively that Nytes navy excels. Combined with a massive arsenal of defensive weapons platforms, installations, and cheap mass produced units like minefields and armed weapons satellites an attacker would have to fight their way through rings upon rings of defenses before they even reached their target.

Strengths: Stealth, speed/mobility, versatility, flexibility, unmanned units are easily replaced.
Weaknesses: Lack of force fields, lack of a main battle tank unit.
NS activity: Frequent. I'm usually on everyday even if it's only to check on things.
Technological Bases: Custom, with a hint of Warhammer 40K, Necromunda, Sin City, and Judge Dredd for background purposes and fluff.
Prior RP links:
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=257823
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=256549
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=255478
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=236352
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=241484
Last edited by Nyte on Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Self censored due to concerns of Moderation Abuse and ambiguous rules enforcement.

Caecuser
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Caecuser » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:08 am

For some reason I keep frowning at Taeji's app...

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:01 am

Caecuser wrote:For some reason I keep frowning at Taeji's app...

It bemuses me. Water-averse ancaps who love anime.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

The Holy Dominion of Inesea
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 08, 2012

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:04 am

Is there an ic up?
I'm really tired

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents