NATION

PASSWORD

Might and Magic |EPIC|OPEN|Sign-Up|REBOOT

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Untied Rements of the Alphas
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Untied Rements of the Alphas » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:23 am

Skaldia wrote:
Alleniana wrote:Is it plausible for magic to flood into my world via the gate, giving people magic powers?

Magic already exists on every world. However, I could see the activation of the Gate causing magic to become more common.

Has any one ever thought that magic is simply power of the mind?

Skaldia
Minister

Founded: Jun 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Skaldia » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:27 am

Untied Rements of the Alphas wrote:
Skaldia wrote:
Magic already exists on every world. However, I could see the activation of the Gate causing magic to become more common.

Has any one ever thought that magic is simply power of the mind?

In this universe, magic is and isn't willpower. It can be tapped and used by will alone or by careful study.
||Empty||
||“The lesson of history is that no one learns.”
||Empty||
||“Witness.”||
||“Chaos needs no allies, for it dwells like a poison in every one of us.”

TG for Discord

Alleniana
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:36 am

Skaldia wrote:
Alleniana wrote:Is it plausible for magic to flood into my world via the gate, giving people magic powers?

Ok. Like a sort of dormant ability, I suppose.

Skaldia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Skaldia » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:48 am

Alleniana wrote:
Skaldia wrote:

Ok. Like a sort of dormant ability, I suppose.

Yeah. Which basically needed a jolt.
||Empty||
||Empty||
||“Witness.”||

TG for Discord

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:49 am

Skaldia wrote:
Alleniana wrote:Ok. Like a sort of dormant ability, I suppose.

Yeah. Which basically needed a jolt.

Yup.

Danvark
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Danvark » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:09 am

Skal, will I be using the gate in your nation or do I get my own gate?

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:16 am

Danvark wrote:Skal, will I be using the gate in your nation or do I get my own gate?

YOu probably get your own, I think.

Skaldia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Skaldia » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:22 am

Danvark wrote:Skal, will I be using the gate in your nation or do I get my own gate?

It depends on whether you want your own Gate or not.
||Empty||
||Empty||
||“Witness.”||

TG for Discord

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:24 am

I will finish this later on today
Nation Name:Cathay
Capital City:Sigfurf " The Storm's Eye" placed in the center of Cathay and is known as the most calmest place in the entire nation. The city is also a the land bridge that connects between the two lands that the major clans settle. It was once a major port for the Empire of Lysenia before the Strugiok Rebellion. The city still holds true to its Lysenia architecture but most of the houses and even the Clan Capital building, Castle Horseajur, is an actual castle that is Lysenia and use to be the capital building for the governor before the Rebellion.
Government Type: Clan Tribunal/ Council, each Clan gets a say in a form of a council. They elect a High Elder that is the leader of the Clan Tribunal and is also the leader of the nation of Cathay
Head of State:High Elder Ralikuj of Clan Stormcall
Claimed Territory:on the map
State/National Religion:The Ancestral Echo, the Ancestral Echo is the main religion of Cathay, it centers itself around the worship of the ancestors that first came to Cathay and give them their language, nation, and magic. It was founded during the Strugiok Rebellion by Dragonborn warriors who use their magic from the Ancestors and formed the Echo, which became the language and culture and after the Rebellion, it became their religion for it associated themselves with their ancestors that died to free the land centuries ago.
Dominant Religion:The Ancestral Echo
Minority Religion(s):normal ancestor worship
Population: (Please be realistic...)
Military Organization:
Army Size:
Army Units:

Fleet Size:
Naval Units:

General Terrain:
Noteworthy Fauna:
Magic or Science?:
Primary Import(s):
Primary Export(s):
Primary Species: (Primary culture/linguistic group)
Accepted Species:

Brief Description of your nation's History:
Brief Description of your nation's economy:
Brief Description of your nation's government:
Brief Description of your nation's populace:

RP Example:
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Skaldia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Skaldia » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:27 am

Ralnis wrote:I will finish this later on today
Capital City:Sigfurf " The Storm's Eye" placed in the center of Cathay and is known as the most calmest place in the entire nation. The city is also a the land bridge that connects between the two lands that the major clans settle. It was once a major port for the Empire of Lysenia before the Strugiok Rebellion. The city still holds true to its Lysenia architecture but most of the houses and even the Clan Capital building, Castle Horseajur, is an actual castle that is Lysenia and use to be the capital building for the governor before the Rebellion.
Government Type: Clan Tribunal/ Council, each Clan gets a say in a form of a council. They elect a High Elder that is the leader of the Clan Tribunal and is also the leader of the nation of Cathay
State/National Religion:The Ancestral Echo, the Ancestral Echo is the main religion of Cathay, it centers itself around the worship of the ancestors that first came to Cathay and give them their language, nation, and magic. It was founded during the Strugiok Rebellion by Dragonborn warriors who use their magic from the Ancestors and formed the Echo, which became the language and culture and after the Rebellion, it became their religion for it associated themselves with their ancestors that died to free the land centuries ago.
Military Organization:
Army Size:
Army Units:

Fleet Size:
Naval Units:

General Terrain:
Noteworthy Fauna:
Magic or Science?:
Primary Import(s):
Primary Export(s):
Accepted Species:

RP Example:

Cathay is actually based off of Rokugan from L5R with a decidedly Asian cast. However, if you prefer a more European feel, I suggest Calgard.
||Empty||
||Empty||
||“Witness.”||

TG for Discord

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:32 am

Skaldia wrote:
Military Organization:
Army Size:
Army Units:

Fleet Size:
Naval Units:

General Terrain:
Noteworthy Fauna:
Magic or Science?:
Primary Import(s):
Primary Export(s):
Accepted Species:

RP Example:

Cathay is actually based off of Rokugan from L5R with a decidedly Asian cast. However, if you prefer a more European feel, I suggest Calgard.

Great, well atleast I know that before I continued on, I was thinking that it said Clans, I was thinking European, but how would suggest Calgard be like in a European sense?
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:46 am

Skaldia wrote:
Military Organization:
Army Size:
Army Units:

Fleet Size:
Naval Units:

General Terrain:
Noteworthy Fauna:
Magic or Science?:
Primary Import(s):
Primary Export(s):
Accepted Species:

RP Example:

Wasn't Cathay he medieval name for China?

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:48 am

Alleniana wrote:
Skaldia wrote:

Wasn't Cathay he medieval name for China?

That would explain why he wanted it base off Asia then;

Skaldia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Skaldia » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:09 am

Ralnis wrote:
Skaldia wrote:

Great, well atleast I know that before I continued on, I was thinking that it said Clans, I was thinking European, but how would suggest Calgard be like in a European sense?

Clans were more for Japanese Culture. Although the name Cathay was used for China in medieval times, Cathay in Eldanar is decidedly more Japanese than Chinese thus the Clans.
||Empty||
||Empty||
||“Witness.”||

TG for Discord

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:20 am

Skaldia wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Great, well atleast I know that before I continued on, I was thinking that it said Clans, I was thinking European, but how would suggest Calgard be like in a European sense?

Clans were more for Japanese Culture. Although the name Cathay was used for China in medieval times, Cathay in Eldanar is decidedly more Japanese than Chinese thus the Clans.

Ok, I think I got it. I am thinking now that Calgard will be more European feel( I.e what I was trying to go for before the misconception on my part)I am just trying to get it right so their are no disagreements.

Skaldia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Skaldia » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:26 am

Ralnis wrote:
Skaldia wrote:

Ok, I think I got it. I am thinking now that Calgard will be more European feel( I.e what I was trying to go for before the misconception on my part)I am just trying to get it right so their are no disagreements.

Calgard would be perfect but remember a sizeable portion of their military is made up of the Augur.
||Empty||
||Empty||
||“Witness.”||

TG for Discord

Shnercropolis
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 30, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Shnercropolis » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:58 am

IIIIIIIIICCCCCC!!!!!!!!!
it is my firm belief that I should never have to justify my beliefs.

Shaggai
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Shaggai » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:47 am

I have once again ripped off history in order to finish my app. Now can I be accepted plz?
piss

Skaldia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Skaldia » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:07 pm

Shnercropolis wrote:IIIIIIIIICCCCCC!!!!!!!!!

The IC will be up within 24 hours. And Shner could you tell me which page your app is on?

Shaggai wrote:I have once again ripped off history in order to finish my app. Now can I be accepted plz?

Repost it.
||Empty||
||Empty||
||“Witness.”||

TG for Discord

Shaggai
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Shaggai » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:35 pm

Skaldia wrote:

The IC will be up within 24 hours. And Shner could you tell me which page your app is on?

Shaggai wrote:I have once again ripped off history in order to finish my app. Now can I be accepted plz?

Repost it.

Okay.
piss

Shaggai
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Shaggai » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:38 pm

NS Name: Shaggai
World Name: Vetorys
Number of Nations: Various small states, with a few empires. The two main empires are the Kashevra Empire and the Lerethkra Empire
World Population: Approx. 500,000,000
Location of Gate: Lerethkra Empire
World Climate: Earthlike, with various climates throughout.
Dominant Species: Marked (and Shapers, the symbiotes)
Other Species: No other sentients
World History: When the Gate closed, the hold the Imperium had disappeared, creating a massive power vacuum. Various bands arose, fighting among themselves for control. A tribal system soon developed, and was the norm for a great many years. From the tribes arose kings and kingdoms. Kingdoms fought, invading each other, and taking land for themselves. For now, we have two great empires, poised on the brink of conflict: The Kashevra and the Lerethkra.
Nation Name: Lerethkra Empire
Capital City: Resavan
Government Type: Monarchy chosen by strength of Marks, with aristocracy chosen the same way.
Head of State: Metirale II
Claimed Territory:
State/National Religion: The Lerethkra Empire is mostly Elarav, a religion that considers Marks to be holy, as a sign of its God, called Elar. This provides the justifications for the choosing of king and nobles. I can explain more later, but that's the main political and social import.
Dominant Religion: See above.
Minority Religion(s): Kiristav. It believes that in the beginning of the universe, there was merely chaos, which is anthropomorphized and called Kirist. A being known as Ra'shek came upon Kirist, and slew it, forming the Gate (called the Shek) with the blood and body of Kirist. With the Shek, he produced order on the chaos, shaping the universe. And around the Shek he formed a world, to be the home of his holy people, the Marked. They believe that Vetorys is the center of the universe, though they see no conflict with it orbiting around the sun, as they simply believe that the universe shifts around it. It may apparently revolve around the sun, but that's just the universe shifting around it.
Population: 20,000,000
Military Organization: Divided into ranks similar to Roman organization but based off of the numder eight, which is holy. Eights, 64s, 512s, etc.
Army Size: 800,000 approx.
Army Units: Officers: Squadleaders (have command over 8 ), Lieutenants (64), Captains (512), Commander (4096), General (32768), Marshal (262144), King (Everybody)

Squads of 8 are the basic unit. Common marks, such as strength, speed, enhanced senses, claws, etc. are distributed among squads so that they have many talents in them. Those with multiple Marks are distributed among squads on the same basis, although squads with polyMarked tend to get more polyMarked in the future. Certain divisions are based on certain rarer marks, though. There are groups composed entirely of winged soldiers, or of sorcerers. And so on and so forth.

Fleet Size: Varies. Up to a hundred.
Naval Units: Screw it, we hire corsairs to be our navy whenever we need one. Note that, for battles between players, this will not come into play, most likely, as the Gate is in the west and the Tharak Sea is in the northeast.

General Terrain: The Empire mostly covers plains and hilly grasslands, although there is the Favit range of mountains in the west, and most of the east is forest of a kind of tree similar to cedar. It borders the Tharak Sea (similar to the Mediterranean), and has many ports there. To the south is the Resilav Desert.
Noteworthy Fauna: Khord are poisonous lizards, common in the hills. Their bite is fatal within an hour and there is no known antidote. However, they are shy and tend to stay away from anything larger than themselves. Varest are horse-like beings, which are a lot like deer. They are often used for food. Thrazhel, insectoid creatures like a panther or mountain lion, live in the plains, using the grass for camoflauge.
Magic or Science?: Mostly magic.
Primary Import(s): The Lerethkra Empire mostly imports rel, a popular wine-like drink, and iron, as it has only a few mines. Salt is also an import, as are various types of simple building wood.
Primary Export(s): A silk-like fabric called khaf, cedar wood, and gold.
Primary Species: Marked and Shapers
Accepted Species: What does this mean?

Brief Description of your nation's History: For all of recorded history, the Shapers, the Marks, and the Ceremony of Marking have been the same. It is unknown how they came to be.
when the Imperium came, and conquered them, they had been the beginnings of a civilization. In much of the world, nomadic tribes were still the norm, although there were many city-states around the Tharak Sea, and a few small empires.
When the Imperum collapsed, though much knowledge was lost, some small fragments survived. Civilization developed extremely fast, as such matters go, until it reached the level of midsized states and larger empires. Empires have risen and fallen, conquered by others. The most recent to do so was the Remanra Empire, conquered by the Lerethkra.
Now the Lerethkra and the Kashevra Empires are poised on the brink of conflict, after the Lerethkra killed the king of the independent state of Lenivar, during a battle. A Kashevra noble claimed succession rights over it*, while the Lerethkra claimed right of conquest. While the land that had been Lenivar was split between them, and a truce made, it is an uneasy peace. All it needs is a little push, some eventat the fulcrum, that could tip the peace over the edge... into war.
*The Kashevra mostly follow Kiristav, and don't believe that Marks are inherently holy. Kings and nobles are given titles by succession, and nobility can be granted by the king.
Brief Description of your nation's economy: Similar to a medieval economy. The standard currency is the dravat, worth approximately $1.5 USD. There are various guilds in the cities, while towns generally have one or two of each job, and jobs are usually hereditary, especially in the small towns. There are apprenticeships, etc..
Brief Description of your nation's government: The king (gender-neutral term) is chosen by strength of Marks. Whoever is modified the most by the Marking becomes next in line for the throne. There are 127 nobles, all in theory equal in status (although strength of Marks generally confers some respect, and there are of course politics among them), who are the 127 most Marked after the king.
Brief Description of your nation's populace: Mostly born human, at age 13 they bond with the Shapers, symbiotic beings who give them attributes called Marks, which vary from person to person. Commonly, they include enhanced strength and speed, or various minor bodily modifications (claws, scales, etc.). More rarely they can be major things (a tail, wings, magic). Some things include drawbacks, of course (enhanced strength and speed require more food to survive, some enhancements like wings can lead to difficulty moving, if a sense is enhanced others atrophy). The basic look of Marked is somewhat like this:

Note that anyone with that level of Marking would probably be an extremely high noble, if not king. But that's the basic "feel" of Marked.

RP Example:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=256045 I'm Restar Imata.
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=254286, viewtopic.php?f=31&t=252657, viewtopic.php?f=31&t=246741) All these are reboots of the same RP. I'm Gonurl and Saruman in these.
viewtopic.php?p=14720089#p14720089
piss

Skaldia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Skaldia » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:43 pm

Shaggai wrote:NS Name: Shaggai
Number of Nations: Various small states, with a few empires. The two main empires are the Kashevra Empire and the Lerethkra Empire
World History: When the Gate closed, the hold the Imperium had disappeared, creating a massive power vacuum. Various bands arose, fighting among themselves for control. A tribal system soon developed, and was the norm for a great many years. From the tribes arose kings and kingdoms. Kingdoms fought, invading each other, and taking land for themselves. For now, we have two great empires, poised on the brink of conflict: The Kashevra and the Lerethkra.
Government Type: Monarchy chosen by strength of Marks, with aristocracy chosen the same way.
Claimed Territory:
State/National Religion: The Lerethkra Empire is mostly Elarav, a religion that considers Marks to be holy, as a sign of its God, called Elar. This provides the justifications for the choosing of king and nobles. I can explain more later, but that's the main political and social import.
Minority Religion(s): Kiristav. It believes that in the beginning of the universe, there was merely chaos, which is anthropomorphized and called Kirist. A being known as Ra'shek came upon Kirist, and slew it, forming the Gate (called the Shek) with the blood and body of Kirist. With the Shek, he produced order on the chaos, shaping the universe. And around the Shek he formed a world, to be the home of his holy people, the Marked. They believe that Vetorys is the center of the universe, though they see no conflict with it orbiting around the sun, as they simply believe that the universe shifts around it. It may apparently revolve around the sun, but that's just the universe shifting around it.
Military Organization: Divided into ranks similar to Roman organization but based off of the numder eight, which is holy. Eights, 64s, 512s, etc.
Army Units: Officers: Squadleaders (have command over 8 ), Lieutenants (64), Captains (512), Commander (4096), General (32768), Marshal (262144), King (Everybody)

Squads of 8 are the basic unit. Common marks, such as strength, speed, enhanced senses, claws, etc. are distributed among squads so that they have many talents in them. Those with multiple Marks are distributed among squads on the same basis, although squads with polyMarked tend to get more polyMarked in the future. Certain divisions are based on certain rarer marks, though. There are groups composed entirely of winged soldiers, or of sorcerers. And so on and so forth.

Naval Units: Screw it, we hire corsairs to be our navy whenever we need one. Note that, for battles between players, this will not come into play, most likely, as the Gate is in the west and the Tharak Sea is in the northeast.

General Terrain: The Empire mostly covers plains and hilly grasslands, although there is the Favit range of mountains in the west, and most of the east is forest of a kind of tree similar to cedar. It borders the Tharak Sea (similar to the Mediterranean), and has many ports there. To the south is the Resilav Desert.
Noteworthy Fauna: Khord are poisonous lizards, common in the hills. Their bite is fatal within an hour and there is no known antidote. However, they are shy and tend to stay away from anything larger than themselves. Varest are horse-like beings, which are a lot like deer. They are often used for food. Thrazhel, insectoid creatures like a panther or mountain lion, live in the plains, using the grass for camoflauge.
Primary Import(s): The Lerethkra Empire mostly imports rel, a popular wine-like drink, and iron, as it has only a few mines. Salt is also an import, as are various types of simple building wood.

Brief Description of your nation's History: For all of recorded history, the Shapers, the Marks, and the Ceremony of Marking have been the same. It is unknown how they came to be.
when the Imperium came, and conquered them, they had been the beginnings of a civilization. In much of the world, nomadic tribes were still the norm, although there were many city-states around the Tharak Sea, and a few small empires.
When the Imperum collapsed, though much knowledge was lost, some small fragments survived. Civilization developed extremely fast, as such matters go, until it reached the level of midsized states and larger empires. Empires have risen and fallen, conquered by others. The most recent to do so was the Remanra Empire, conquered by the Lerethkra.
Now the Lerethkra and the Kashevra Empires are poised on the brink of conflict, after the Lerethkra killed the king of the independent state of Lenivar, during a battle. A Kashevra noble claimed succession rights over it*, while the Lerethkra claimed right of conquest. While the land that had been Lenivar was split between them, and a truce made, it is an uneasy peace. All it needs is a little push, some eventat the fulcrum, that could tip the peace over the edge... into war.
*The Kashevra mostly follow Kiristav, and don't believe that Marks are inherently holy. Kings and nobles are given titles by succession, and nobility can be granted by the king.
Brief Description of your nation's economy: Similar to a medieval economy. The standard currency is the dravat, worth approximately $1.5 USD. There are various guilds in the cities, while towns generally have one or two of each job, and jobs are usually hereditary, especially in the small towns. There are apprenticeships, etc..
Brief Description of your nation's government: The king (gender-neutral term) is chosen by strength of Marks. Whoever is modified the most by the Marking becomes next in line for the throne. There are 127 nobles, all in theory equal in status (although strength of Marks generally confers some respect, and there are of course politics among them), who are the 127 most Marked after the king.
Brief Description of your nation's populace: Mostly born human, at age 13 they bond with the Shapers, symbiotic beings who give them attributes called Marks, which vary from person to person. Commonly, they include enhanced strength and speed, or various minor bodily modifications (claws, scales, etc.). More rarely they can be major things (a tail, wings, magic). Some things include drawbacks, of course (enhanced strength and speed require more food to survive, some enhancements like wings can lead to difficulty moving, if a sense is enhanced others atrophy). The basic look of Marked is somewhat like this:
Note that anyone with that level of Marking would probably be an extremely high noble, if not king. But that's the basic "feel" of Marked.

RP Example:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=254286, viewtopic.php?f=31&t=252657, viewtopic.php?f=31&t=246741) All these are reboots of the same RP. I'm Gonurl and Saruman in these.

Accepted. Just need your Hero App.
||Empty||
||Empty||
||“Witness.”||

TG for Discord

Shaggai
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Shaggai » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:37 pm

Skaldia wrote:
Shaggai wrote:NS Name: Shaggai
Claimed Territory:

RP Example:

Will do.
piss

Shnercropolis
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 30, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Shnercropolis » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:13 pm

Skaldia wrote:

viewtopic.php?p=16050679#p16050679
it is my firm belief that I should never have to justify my beliefs.

Skaldia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Skaldia » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:52 pm

Shnercropolis wrote:
Skaldia wrote:

viewtopic.php?p=16050679#p16050679

||Empty||
||Empty||
||“Witness.”||

TG for Discord

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse