NATION

PASSWORD

Cup of Harmony 57 Hosting Bid: Falconwhereveryouare

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Falconwhereveryouare
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Cup of Harmony 57 Hosting Bid: Falconwhereveryouare

Postby Falconwhereveryouare » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:15 pm

Logo courtesy of Audioslavia

Who are you? You might know me better as the user behind Karditan. I'm bidding with this nation because soccer is illegal in Karditan, and it'd be a little difficult to avoid the authorities on that large of a scale. My previous hosting experience includes World Bowl XX, the Third International Championships, and a plethora of domestic leagues.

What is Falconwhereveryouare? It's a rather hippie-dippie nation on the northeastern tip of the Rushmori supercontinent. You're free to do anything you like within its borders, save do drugs, or offend anyone, or assault anyone, or try to start a business. Unfortunately, due to the banned nature of airplanes (and cars), you'll either need to fly to neighboring nations Taeshan or Filopines and take a train across the border or take a boat directly to one of Falconwhereveryouare's port cities.

These are usually co-hosted. What's the deal? Because Falconwhereveryouare is enough of a name to fill in for two nations! No, but really, I asked around a bit before and the hosting apathy around here seems to have stricken the forum badly. I'm still willing to co-host with a senior partner, should they come forward (and be fine with the details set out in the rest of the bid), but I'm perfectly fine with running this solo if I have to.

What scorination method would you use? Xkoranate 0.3.3, SQIS formula, additive styles. RP will be well-rewarded, of course, as this is a participation tournament.

What format would you use? Ideally, I'd like a 48-team tournament. 8 groups of 6, single-round-robin, This is to allow for maximum participation, as I'm anticipating a very good RP turnout this cycle.
If my expectations fall a little flat, as sometimes happens, and I can't find enough suitable nations, I'd opt for 8 groups of 5, single round robin. With either method, the top two teams from every group would advance and the rest of the tourney would follow a standard 16-team knockout bracket (with Group 1 first place facing Group 2 second, Group 1 second playing Group 2 first, etc...).
Tiebreakers would be Points, then, GD, H2H Results, then least Goals Allowed (because that's just as arbitrary a tiebreaker as GF). If all else fails, a tiebreaker match would played.

What criteria would a nation need to fulfill to get an invite? Putting effort into their RPs. It doesn't have to be Lemmitania-length, but if you consistently post RPs that aren't half-assed, you're definitely getting consideration (especially with the expanded scope I'm using).

Any potential complications? Yes, but nothing too serious. I'll be on vacation from July 4th to about the 13th, the latter of which is about the time the WC finals are planned to begin. However, I should have easy access to the internet while away, so I should be able to get everything set up fine. (My RPing is almost surely going to take a hit in that stretch, but I'll still be on to do my potential hosting duties.)
I'm also hosting the Copa Rushmori de Beisbol at the moment, but I seriously doubt there'll be any overlap.

If you have any questions, feel free to post them below or shoot me a TG.
Last edited by Falconwhereveryouare on Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:27 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Mangolana
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mangolana » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:21 pm

Two questions that kind of go together.

1. Why do you want to use a 48 team tournament over 32 or 40 teams and have six teams in each group.

2. Also, why do you want to run the group stage in a 2 match a day for the first two days of the tournament. Why not just make it 1 match per day and allow for more RPing to occur. I can say for a tournament of 5 matches in the group stage I am not in favor at all of the 2 matches per day style.

EDIT: Also what makes this a bid better as with just a sole bidder compared to a co-hosted bid should one come forward.
Last edited by Mangolana on Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pronounced: Man-Go-Lan-a
Deuce is Loose
Qualified for World Cup 59, 60, 65
Hosted: World Lacrosse Championship XI, Market Cup, Market Cup II, Soccer for Hope, Beach Cup 4, WISC 2, WISC 4, Campeonato Rushmori Juvenil Sub-20 and Sub-17
Won: Beach Cup IX
Second: Market Cup, Graveyard Cup
Third: Market Cup II, WIF/SC II
Fourth: Market Cup 4
Quartefinals: IBC 8, World Lacrosse Campionship XI, World Junior Ice hockey Championship, Buchadinger Cup II, Market Cup 3

Falconwhereveryouare
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Falconwhereveryouare » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:24 pm

Mangolana wrote:Two questions that kind of go together.

1. Why do you want to use a 48 team tournament over 32 or 40 teams and have six teams in each group.

2. Also, why do you want to run the group stage in a 2 match a day for the first two days of the tournament. Why not just make it 1 match per day and allow for more RPing to occur. I can say for a tournament of 5 matches in the group stage I am not in favor at all of the 2 matches per day style.

1. I'd like to make sure no one who deserves a second chance at success is denied that chance; if that's not the situation, I would have a 40 team tourney, as in the second paragraph of the Format section.

2. I'm a bit worried about scheduling concerns. The CoH usually 'needs' to wrap up before the WC does, and I'm a little unsure what a five full days of group stage would do to that. If too many people object to this, I'd be willing to score all the matches on their own days.
Last edited by Falconwhereveryouare on Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Saintland
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Saintland » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:21 pm

Would you be fine co-hosting with another host that has never hosted a WCC event should they come forward, be fine with the details of the bid and have some hosting experience outside of WCC events? So far, it appears that no experienced WCC hosts are interested in hosting the CoH this time, but it does seem like solo bids are non-standard.

I do think the larger format is a good idea (I may end up with 2 nations in the CoH, if Margaret continues to resist my efforts to recruit her into the Church of Saintland Just watch, I'm going to lose to unranked, no roster, no RP Narsora tonight for saying that...) and can see the need for 2 matches per MD to be used if the format would cause the CoH to run past the World Cup final. The CoH is probably a good place to test out 2 matches per MD and see how well that works.
Why I left NS Sports
NS Sports Results | Saintland Press | Commentaries on the WA's resolutions 7-22-14 update: Complete through #125 |
World Baseball Classic 27 co-host | World Bowl XXII host | World Cup of Hockey 23 host | Various Rankings | King Paulus XV Memorial Games
Official Name: Regnvm Sanctvsterra
Official Name in English: Kingdom of Saintland
Monarch: King Paulus XVI
Demonym: Sanctii
Trigram: SNT

Liventia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 04, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Liventia » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:24 pm

I have no problem with the solo aspect of this bid, but I see no reason for the CoH to have to finish before the World Cup, really, and would much rather you stick to one matchday per scorination. And yes, it would be a deal-breaker for me. It's likely the CoH would take place around the time of the Olympics and I simply would not have the time or ability to RP for two matches in a single day.
Last edited by Liventia on Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Слава Україні!

Falconwhereveryouare
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Falconwhereveryouare » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:37 pm

Saintland wrote:Would you be fine co-hosting with another host that has never hosted a WCC event should they come forward, be fine with the details of the bid and have some hosting experience outside of WCC events? So far, it appears that no experienced WCC hosts are interested in hosting the CoH this time, but it does seem like solo bids are non-standard.

At this point in time, I'd want either an experienced co-host or a solo job. I might take you under my wing later, if you'd like, but now doesn't feel like the right time. And numerous veteran voices have confirmed they don't mind me hosting solo--it was done relatively recently by Vilita/Turori, in I think CoH52 or 53.

Saintland wrote:Just watch, I'm going to lose to unranked, no roster, no RP Narsora tonight for saying that...

I can only hope :P

Liventia, I understand your point of view and will take it into consideration.

Saintland
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Saintland » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:32 pm

Falconwhereveryouare wrote:
Saintland wrote:Would you be fine co-hosting with another host that has never hosted a WCC event should they come forward, be fine with the details of the bid and have some hosting experience outside of WCC events? So far, it appears that no experienced WCC hosts are interested in hosting the CoH this time, but it does seem like solo bids are non-standard.

At this point in time, I'd want either an experienced co-host or a solo job. I might take you under my wing later, if you'd like, but now doesn't feel like the right time. And numerous veteran voices have confirmed they don't mind me hosting solo--it was done relatively recently by Vilita/Turori, in I think CoH52 or 53.

I wasn't necessarily referring to myself there, but I see how you might have read it that way. The CoH is on a smaller scale than the last World Bowl was, so I definitely don't see any reason why a CoH couldn't be solo-hosted.
Why I left NS Sports
NS Sports Results | Saintland Press | Commentaries on the WA's resolutions 7-22-14 update: Complete through #125 |
World Baseball Classic 27 co-host | World Bowl XXII host | World Cup of Hockey 23 host | Various Rankings | King Paulus XV Memorial Games
Official Name: Regnvm Sanctvsterra
Official Name in English: Kingdom of Saintland
Monarch: King Paulus XVI
Demonym: Sanctii
Trigram: SNT

Falconwhereveryouare
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Falconwhereveryouare » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:33 pm

On the advice of several veteran members of the Sporting community, I've decided to remove the double-matchdays completely.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports