NATION

PASSWORD

Roleplay of the Galaxy 4 (IC/Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Roleplay of the Galaxy 4 (IC/Open)

Postby Liecthenbourg » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:47 pm

The Galaxy is beginning to stir, many empires and many nations have begun developing different kinds of FTL travel and expansion into the stars is just about getting underway. it is almost certain nations will come into contact with each other, maybe even come into conflict or form an alliance. You are one of these nations, and it is your chance to turn your people into economic juggernauts or military war machines, perhaps a few rational minded nations will form a galactic government. Only time will tell.

The galaxy is a chaotic place at best, and random events can occur at any time. Some may be beneficial, some may be great setbacks. But they will all be fair and in accordance to faction power. Don't forget that many evil powers lurk in dark space, bent on the subjugation of the galaxy. Prepare yourself for the unexpected.

Rules:

1.No godmoding.
2.No steamrolling other races.
3. No overpowered unions like the Covenent from Halo (you will have to choose one of the factions within the Covenent), but Unions like the CIS from Star Wars will be allowed as they are hopelessly weak separated. (I will tell you if your choice is overpowered)
4. No mega-destroyers like the Reapers from Mass Effect, Or Borg cubes.
5. Your race may only start with 5 planets, no more.
6. You are able to go out and discover ancient installations, however if this begins to engulf the storyline I may protest, especially if you start finding extremely powerful stuff.
7. No being rude, or having an attitude people don't appreciate.
8. No one liners(I'll make an exception for conversations) and you must use proper punctuation and grammar (Or to your best ability)
9. To start with, Your population can only be 10 billion per planet and your fleet at 500. Please expand these two realistically.
10. You may only start with two races that are from sci-fi universes and three that you can make-up yourself. (Explain your custom races)
11. Your fleet may only have one capital ship in it at the start
12. Make your ideas original.
13. I shall be adding random events, do not argue with me like a child and accept what happens, there will be good and bad events for everyone.
14. Please limit the amount of races you assimilate, leave some for new RP'ers. Trading races is allowed.
15. Due to the cross-universal storyline, some stuff may simply be too overpowered giving however possesses it an extremely unfair advantage. So certain things I may have to decline being on here.
16. You may build or find a Super Weapon, however it'll take time to build, or find out what it does if you find one.
17: Co-ops possess the ability to accept or deny applications as well as ban people, however they must notify me afterwards. I have all these powers plus the ability to retcon or nullify bans.
18. No editing a post unless it is for grammatical errors, confusion or a plain Godmod. Do not alter your post to make life easier for you. You do something, you live with the consequences

Co-OPs: Liberated Counties, Blood Ravens, Valentir, New Panti

And here we are.
OOC: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=248280
Last edited by Liecthenbourg on Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Impeach Ernest Jacquinot Legalise Shooting Communists The Gold Standard Needs To Be Abolished Duclerque 1919
Grand-Master of the Kyluminati

The Region of Kylaris
I'm just a simple Kylarite, trying to make my way on NS.

The Gaullican Republic,
I thank God for Three Things:
Kylaris, the death of Esquarium, and Prem <3

The Transtsabaran Federation and The Chistovodian Workers' State

To understand European history watch these: Cultural erosion, German and Italian history, a brief history of Germany.

The blood ravens
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The blood ravens » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:55 pm

Terra, Washington DC

The screen of the TV flickers on with the logo of the Terran News Network. "Breaking news! In a landslide victory against his competitor the sangheili candidate Thel 'Vadam has been voted the new president of the Republic of Terra. We now go to our reporter whom is in the audience at Thel's speech." The anchorwoman says before the screen switches to the reporter. "In mere moments we are expecting to hear Thel's speech. Thel is the first non-human to be elected as the President, and many people a turning out in droves to see him give a speech."
If at first you don't succeed try again with an equally horrible plan.
FT Nation: The Aurelian Imperium

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:05 pm

Imperial Palace, Rannoch, Rannochian Empire
Emperor Tyrol stepped onto his balcony, looking at the immense crowd gathered for his speech. Cameras streamed it lived across the Empire as he leaned in and began speaking.
"My people!" he began "On this day, 112 years ago. My Great-Grandfather was in this very spot, watching our first spaceship take to the stars. Now, here we are 112 years later and look at what we've done. We have found friends among the stars, the Mgalekgolo. We have colonised worlds very different from our own!" he looked forward, at the rising sun of a Rannochian morning "This is progress! Progress we shall have once more. Go! Explore the stars live the life of the brave Rannochian Explorer!"
The crowd cheered in response, Tyrol tried not to look proud as the chorus of his name echoed throughout the area. He bowed, entering his palace once more.
Impeach Ernest Jacquinot Legalise Shooting Communists The Gold Standard Needs To Be Abolished Duclerque 1919
Grand-Master of the Kyluminati

The Region of Kylaris
I'm just a simple Kylarite, trying to make my way on NS.

The Gaullican Republic,
I thank God for Three Things:
Kylaris, the death of Esquarium, and Prem <3

The Transtsabaran Federation and The Chistovodian Workers' State

To understand European history watch these: Cultural erosion, German and Italian history, a brief history of Germany.

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:10 pm

A 10 year long civil war had finally came to an end. Lord Bakarus and the entire Imperial Senate had been killed, and power over the Bakari Empire had been given back to the people. The Bakari rebels had won. The leader of the rebels, named Maxis, would sign the Bakari Empire's surrender notice in the Imperial Palace, located in Ataro City. The Bakari Empire was disbanded, and it was reorganized into the Bakari Union, with Maxis as it's first leader. He established the High Council, which was made up of representatives from all planets in the Union. He began a long rebuilding process to rebuild worlds torn up by the war.

Several years later, the rebuilding process had nearly come to an end. The Bakari fleet was built back up, now containing 500 ships. All planets were once again fully functional, and the old Empire was nothing but a memory. However, a strange signal from deep space had reached Bakari Prime. The signal was analyzed, and it was revealed that it came from some sort of space station. Maxis decided to organize an expedition to make contact with whatever might be out there, as he sensed an opportunity to form an alliance. 5 Imperius-class Cruisers were to be designated for the expedition, but they would not be leaving right away. First, Maxis wanted to send a probe to where the signal was coming from in order to get a clearer picture of the area.
Last edited by The Orson Empire on Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Liberated Counties
Senator

Founded: Oct 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Liberated Counties » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:17 pm

Federal Senate, Thessia

Matriarch Benezia presided over the debates of colonialism as two prominent political parties of Asari battled with words, to any non-asari, this was undoubtedly a debate between wise and majestic Asari, however to other Asari it was apparent the Expansionist Coalition had the clear advantage over the Isolationist Coalition, who could no longer stand up to the oppositions arguments. the Federal Senate was always this argumentative, the Senators from each different Asari Republic never agreed with each other and as a result, those who shared similar political views often formed into coalitions to get anything done.

The Debate was closed with a slam of the Matriachs hammer, it was time the Senators and the Matriach council voted, A Matriarchs vote was considered more valuable, and therefore counted as four votes. However the bill was popular anyway, it was a bill to authorise the establishment of one hundred chartered companies to help settle another hundred asari colony prospects. and it passed with a sheer majority.
I am a Liberal Capitalist living in the UK.

IIwiki Page | NStracker Page | Factbook

Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!

The blood ravens
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The blood ravens » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:20 pm

Capitol building, Washington DC, Terra

Thel walked out onto the balcony wearing his ceramonial armor. He walks over to the microphone, and begins speaking. "Hello people of the Republic of Terra. Thank you for electing me as your president. My election is a milestone on the road to greater integration. But we couldn't have gotten here alone each of our species has a purpose in this fine republic, and that has helped ease the tensions between us. The Sangheili are the sword of the republic serving as the military arm. Our strength has allowed us to protect our people from threats within, and beyond. The Phazon are the armor crafting the finest of weapons, and armor to protect our brave soldiers, and crafting beautiful buildings for us to live in. The Indogenes are the brains. They develop the technology that has allowed is to expand, and save lives from previously untreatable diseases. The Lucario are the reflexes. Their natural martial arts skills gives us the edge in close quarters combat, and the dexterity to move quickly. But you humans are the body. You are the glue that keeps us together, and the ones whom brought us together. Without you none of this would be possible. I am honored to be the next president. Thank you." Thel then takes his leave.

New Panti
Minister

Founded: Nov 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Panti » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:41 pm

City of Triumphance, Xerxes

The Traveler hung over the city, ever silent. Triumphance was forever shrouded in shadow by the Traveler. The powers of the Traveler could be felt by everyone in the city, but not by anyone more than the Guardians and High Councilor James Rhoadaro. He looked out on the city from the Council Building, before turning around and facing the Council. The Council was made up of the most sensitive people to the powers of the Traveler, with 4 representatives of each species.
He cleared his throat and began to speak. "Today is the day we reclaim our rightful place in the universe. Today is the day we once again explore beyond the reaches of this star system, and expand our culture and civilization to stars distant. We must remember how we got here, the Traveler. This... thing has helped us immensely to the point of FTL travel, and now, because of it, we will expand. Thank you all."
Through the window, the Council could see lare ships blasting off in the distance.

The Fallen Jedi
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Fallen Jedi » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:52 pm

Emperor's Palace, Fuji, Empire of the Rising Sun Territory

Emperor Sanji was sitting on his throne looking out of the window, watching all of his military standing at attention, while the Tanks, Mecha's and many more of his Nanotechnology being loaded into huge transports and being sent to loading docks where they would be teleported to the designated Starships he had in command. when Sanji exited his Palace, all of the Imperial Warriors lifted up thier beam katanas and cheering for the emperor, Sanji though that he would never see the day that he would be leader of this great empire, but the late emperor, Emperor Jymou choose Sanji as his successor, knowing that he would bring the Empire to a greater golry then before, as Sanji continued his walk to the Military Ports, he was introduced to at least 1,000 King Oni and Tsunami Tanks standing at attention, waiting for thier orders, Sanji saluted the drivers inside the Tsunami Tanks and continued to the Meeting room where the Shogunate was meeting.

Shogunate Meeting Room, Fuji, Empire Of The Rising Sun territories

Sanji walked into the Shogunate Meeting room and was greeted by an old friend.

"Ah, Shinzo it's been awhile since we met eh?" Sanji said to Shinzo.
"Yes, it has been a long time since we have met my friend" Shinzo warmly replied.
"At last our Empire's might is restored, very soon we shall unite the Four Corners of our realm" Sanji said.

OOC: In case you were wondering, here are the Pictures of the King Oni, and the Tsunami Tanks.

King Oni Mech

Tsunami Tank

Prusseuss
Senator

Founded: Feb 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Prusseuss » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:16 pm

Chu'rat,capital city of Eayn

In the city,a celebration was at hand.It is the celebration of the Conglomerate victory,over twenty years ago.The war was between the Conglomerate,a group of Kig-Yar and Brutes,and the Imperials,the Kig-Yar supremacist group.The Imperials had been in power for almost 100 years,and had subjugated the brutes upon their discovery.But only twenty years ago,the Conglomerate had rebelled,and war had begun.And the Conglomerate had won.Their fleet is now five hundred strong,and the citizens are happy.Well,not all of them.Some do not like them,and had to be " taken " to Misette to work on the mining colonies.Just recently,several new laws had been established.All in all,the Conglomerate would be considered a totalitarian state.
98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.
FLY,MAGICKARP,FLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
" So every time I press this button,a person somewhere dies,but I get a million dollars ? "
" Yes,but don't be to hasty....."
*presses button 10 times*
" I'll take my ten million dollars now"
"............"

The blood ravens
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The blood ravens » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:52 pm

As a part of a new deep space exploration initiative several deep space probes designed by the Indogene are sent out to map the systems around sol in search of habitable planets or even alien life. The probes are equipped with powerful sensors for detecting life or ships. It is also equipped with a sophisticated stealth field generator to prevent detection.

Prusseuss
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusseuss » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:23 pm

It had only been a few days since Chur'Yar's election as high councilor of the Kig-Yar and Tartarus's battle and victory for the title of the chieftain of the Jiralhanae,but the change was nearly complete.The council had been resolved days ago,and more stricter laws had been introduced.Meanwhile,more and more power has been given to Chur'Yar and Tartarus.Now,they were the dictaotrs of the Conglamorate.Well,Chur'Yar was.But that did not really matter.Currently,Chur'ot had been colonized,and several probes had been sent out to map the surrounding systems.
98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.
" So every time I press this button,a person somewhere dies,but I get a million dollars ? "
"............"

The blood ravens
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The blood ravens » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:40 pm

Eayn's system

The small probe drops out of slipspace on the edge of the system, fully cloaked to avoid detection. It begins plotting a course to avoid the ships in system, and to get as close to the planet as possible so it can preform a full scan of it.

Prusseuss
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusseuss » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:44 pm

The blood ravens wrote:Eayn's system

The small probe drops out of slipspace on the edge of the system, fully cloaked to avoid detection. It begins plotting a course to avoid the ships in system, and to get as close to the planet as possible so it can preform a full scan of it.

The probe would be detected because of the slipsace opening.A message would be sent to the probe,and the message said " Warning.You are in Conglamorate space.Identify your identity and purpose,or you will be destroyed."
"............"

The blood ravens
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The blood ravens » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:52 pm

Prusseuss wrote:
The blood ravens wrote:Eayn's system

The probe would be detected because of the slipsace opening.A message would be sent to the probe,and the message said " Warning.You are in Conglamorate space.Identify your identity and purpose,or you will be destroyed."

The probe merely disappears after its cloaking kicks in. Once its completely cloaked it continues its trek towards the planet to complete its mission to scan the planet.

Prusseuss
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusseuss » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:55 pm

The blood ravens wrote:
Prusseuss wrote:The probe would be detected because of the slipsace opening.A message would be sent to the probe,and the message said " Warning.You are in Conglamorate space.Identify your identity and purpose,or you will be destroyed."

The probe merely disappears after its cloaking kicks in. Once its completely cloaked it continues its trek towards the planet to complete its mission to scan the planet.

The A.I. thinking the probe had left,shutoff.O
"............"

The blood ravens
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The blood ravens » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:57 pm

Once the probe was in range in entered the orbit of the planet, and began scanning the planet. Once the scan is complete, and the data beamed back the probe is hit by a piece of space trash which causes it to be knocked into the atmosphere, and begin falling to the ground.

Prusseuss
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusseuss » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:00 pm

The blood ravens wrote:Once the probe was in range in entered the orbit of the planet, and began scanning the planet. Once the scan is complete, and the data beamed back the probe is hit by a piece of space trash which causes it to be knocked into the atmosphere, and begin falling to the ground.

The probe would impact into the mountains,and would be delivered to a secret base in the north.
"............"

The blood ravens
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The blood ravens » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:03 pm

Prusseuss wrote:
The blood ravens wrote:Once the probe was in range in entered the orbit of the planet, and began scanning the planet. Once the scan is complete, and the data beamed back the probe is hit by a piece of space trash which causes it to be knocked into the atmosphere, and begin falling to the ground.

The probe would impact into the mountains,and would be delivered to a secret base in the north.

The semi functional probe sparks, and its cloaking system periodically activates, and deactivates. On its hull is a panel that stood out from the others. It looked like it was supposed to be removed, and on it were words in an unknown language.

Prusseuss
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusseuss » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:05 pm

The blood ravens wrote:
Prusseuss wrote:The probe would impact into the mountains,and would be delivered to a secret base in the north.

The semi functional probe sparks, and its cloaking system periodically activates, and deactivates. On its hull is a panel that stood out from the others. It looked like it was supposed to be removed, and on it were words in an unknown language.

Alpha base,undisclosed location on Eayn

"look at it.This level of sophistication is near ours." said one Scientist.

" Wait a second.What is that panel on the side ? " said one scientist,before removing.

Once the panel was removed,they saw the unknown language,and fed it into a A.I . In a few moments,it would be translated.
"............"

Great Empire of Gamilus
Senator

Founded: Apr 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Empire of Gamilus » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:07 pm

Gamilion, capital city of Gamilus, throne room

Desler of Gamilus strode pridefully up to his throne, easy medium strides clicked along the finely polished stone unauidable due to the hailing of his subordinates.

"GHALE DESSLER! GHALE GARMILAS! GHALE DESLER GHALE..." this continued on till he reached the throne, with a twirl of his cape he turned and hailed them back.

"Ghale Garmilas." with that he sat down and held out his left hand expectantly, a wine glass imidiately being placed in it by a servant standing off to the side. taking a sip of the ruby liquid he stard at the line of ministers and generals that held various reports and such. they were all his trusted general's, every single one of them. at the head of the line was General Gheader Talan, probably his most trusted advisor.

with one last gulp he placed the glass back into the waiting hands of the servant before motioning Talan to step forward.

with a salute the man started.
"my lord, the scout fleets are advancing in search of new worlds for us to colonize, already we have found twenty six such worlds, nine of them with population's alien to us. all nine have intersystem travel but can't exit their local solar cluster."

Desler smiled, first contact in a long time of being lonely.
"have the scouts deploy spy drones and continue on their way. potential trade partners and second class citizens are abound it seems."

with that Talan bowed and stepped off to the side, the next in line was Technical Colonel Frausky, in charge of the special weapons division.
"my lord, the next generation of superweapons is upon us and Gamilus will be sure to outdo its galactic neighbours when we meet. with this might i present the I.S.M"

with that a holographic projection shot up from the floor, five screens of data and technical manuels and several images were displayed. Desler raised an eyebrow in interest.

"go on Frausky, you have my full attention."

Frausky gestured to the image. "this is the Intersystem Missile, able to carry any payload whatsoever, it is armoured beyond all hopes of destroying it besides the engine nozzel, however we have a beam dissipator so only kenetic weapons will be able to finish it in one hit."

with this Frausky closed the hologram and bowed.
"we request funding to go beyond the test phase and introduce the type 1 ISM in active service within the year."

Desler stood, much to the shock of everyone, and apluaded.
"Technical Colonel Frausky, i would be honoured to fund your research."

ISM type 1: 1%
unknown system...
the Gamilus scout flotilla consisting of several destroyers and a cruiser jumped into system, their drives imidiately kicking in after the jump.

"do a general scan of the system and send out probes."
Last edited by Great Empire of Gamilus on Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do you hear the posters sing?
Singing the song of angry men?
It is the music of the short OP
that won't be seen again!

When the mods find this OP
Then this thread will be no more,
But the song will be sung again
When another comes!

OP, do you know the way?
Know the way to fix your post?
Just add details and sources to spark
Debate on these forums.

Otherwise this thread is doomed
Doomed to death by modly wrath
NSG will pick up and move on
'Till another comes!

--The Klishi Islands
a thread on Theism and Atheism

The blood ravens
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The blood ravens » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:09 pm

Prusseuss wrote:
The blood ravens wrote:The semi functional probe sparks, and its cloaking system periodically activates, and deactivates. On its hull is a panel that stood out from the others. It looked like it was supposed to be removed, and on it were words in an unknown language.

Alpha base,undisclosed location on Eayn

" Wait a second.What is that panel on the side ? " said one scientist,before removing.

Once the panel was removed,they saw the unknown language,and fed it into a A.I . In a few moments,it would be translated.

Property of the Republic of Terra.
Tampering with this device will result in...

The text was too smudged to read further but behind the panel was a strange device wired into the probe.
Last edited by The blood ravens on Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prusseuss
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusseuss » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:10 pm

The blood ravens wrote:
Prusseuss wrote:Alpha base,undisclosed location on Eayn

The text was too smudged to read further but behind the panel was a strange device wired into the probe.

Shrugging,one of the scientists removed the wire from the probe.
"............"

The blood ravens
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The blood ravens » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:12 pm

Prusseuss wrote:
The blood ravens wrote:

Shrugging,one of the scientists removed the wire from the probe.

With the wire removed a digital clock began counting down from thirty on the device in strange numbers unknown to the scientists.

Prusseuss
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusseuss » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:14 pm

The blood ravens wrote:
Prusseuss wrote:Shrugging,one of the scientists removed the wire from the probe.

With the wire removed a digital clock began counting down from thirty on the device in strange numbers unknown to the scientists.

The scientists,freaking out,threw the device into a slipspace hole,the portal closing.
"............"

The blood ravens
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The blood ravens » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:15 pm

Prusseuss wrote:
The blood ravens wrote:With the wire removed a digital clock began counting down from thirty on the device in strange numbers unknown to the scientists.

The scientists,freaking out,threw the device into a slipspace hole,the portal closing.

Removing the device from the probe merely caused the HAVOK to explode immediately resulting in a thirty megaton explosion.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse