NATION

PASSWORD

NSG Senate Chamber [NSG Senate]

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Great Nepal
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Nepal » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:16 am

Yanalia wrote:
Great Nepal wrote:I object, and request that LELPA remain at #1 in the queue. :p

I object, and request that ECA remain at #1 in the queue. :p

I request that we disregard senator Yanalia's objection and request.
Last edited by Great Nepal on Sun Nov 29, 1995 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:17 am

Make the ballot like this:

[ ] Council
[ ] Presidency
[ ] Be a damn hipster and vote nay to everything
Republic of Nakong | 內江共和國 | IIwiki · Map · Kylaris
"And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned round on you — where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat?"

Free South Califas
Senator

Founded: May 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Free South Califas » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:17 am

Chetssaland wrote:
Geilinor wrote:I agree. Also, butthurt does not mean "suffering consequences from rape". http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/butthurt It means "Annoyance because of a perceived insult".

Exactly, and we all know that's what he meant.

I have no vested interest in protecting Nihil. I don't know him whatsoever and he's not part of my party or coalition. I just call out an injustice when I see it.

I'm aware how the vernacular term is used. I was referring to the literal meanings that inform it. It doesn't really have any meaning without being informed by the concept of someone suffering the consequences of rape, now does it?

OOC: And Jesus F. Christ, it's a warning in a minigame. I really, really wish that were the only consequence of this fiasco for me. Though I wish you no ill will, at this point I wish you could have a taste of the excruciating pain so you understood what I was talking about. I have appointments today and a million other things to do and they're all going to be done half-assed because of this thing that happened in the place where I come to play. Nihl was harassing me about that, and while I didn't and wouldn't have reported him for that (I've been well trained and anyway I'm much more concerned about the incident itself than Nihl's references to it), I'm not shedding any tears about his little warning either.

Do you know how fast I would trade this pain for a warning in a minigame? Jeez, talk about mountains and molehills.
Last edited by Free South Califas on Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
FSC Government
Senate: Saul Califas; First Deputy Leader of the Opposition
Senior Whip, Communist Party (Meiderup)

WA: Califan WA Detachment (CWAD).
Justice
On Autism/"R-word"
(Lir. apologized, so ignore that part.)
Anarchy Works/Open Borders
Flag
I'm autistic and (proud, but) thus not a "social detective", so be warned: I might misread or accidentally offend you.
'Obvious' implications, tones, cues etc. may also be missed.
SELF MANAGEMENT ✯ DIRECT ACTION ✯ WORKER SOLIDARITY
Libertarian Communist

COMINTERN/Stonewall/TRC

The Treorai
Senator

Founded: Jul 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Treorai » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:17 am

Yanalia wrote:
Great Nepal wrote:I object, and request that LELPA remain at #1 in the queue. :p

I object, and request that the senate collectively make me a turkey sandwich on Wonderbread White. No tomato, or any bullshit, just tukey, toasted bread, and a coke in a can.
GOD-KING OF ABRASIVENESS

Dumb Ideologies wrote:It's a situation intrinsic to the committed ideologue. Whenever one makes a counter-argument the goalposts seem not only to move in two dimensions but also float several hundred thousand miles above the pitch whilst wearing cast-iron earplugs.

Rainbows and Rivers wrote:Dictators blaming America for all their problems? That's new.

Caninope wrote:If I think in my mind that the book sitting in front of me is Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows when it is in fact Robert's Rules of Order Newly Revised, 11th Edition, then it doesn't make me any more objectively correct.

Yanalia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Yanalia » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:17 am

Great Nepal wrote:
Yanalia wrote:

I request that we disregard senator Yanalia's objection and request.

I request that we disregard Senator Great Nepal's original objection and both of his requests.
Economic Left/Right: -9.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.33

Free South Califas wrote:Dammit Byzantium, stop spraying your ignorance on everyone.

Britanno
Minister

Founded: Apr 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Britanno » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:18 am

This has enough sponsors to be added to the queue (wherever the queue is exactly)

Prime Minister and President's Questions Act

Co-Sponsors: Geilinor, Great Nepal, Arglorand, Ainin, Eliasonia, Fulfflood

UNDERSTANDING that many senators may have questions they would like to ask their Prime Minister or President.

REALISING the need that all senators should have the right to question the Prime Minister or President regarding anything government related.

HEREBY;

1. Orders that once a fortnight two separated threads will be created, one for Prime Minister's Questions and one for President's Questions.

2. Orders that the Prime Minister and President must respond to every question asked.

3. Allows the Prime Minister or President to reply with “No Comment” if they do not wish to answer a question.
Last edited by Britanno on Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
NSGS Liberal Democrats - The Centrist Alternative
British, male, heterosexual, aged 26, liberal conservative, unitarian universalist
Pro: marriage equality, polygamy, abortion up to viability, UK Lib Dems, US Democrats
Anti: discrimination, euroscepticism, UKIP, immigrant bashing, UK Labour, US Republicans
British Home Counties wrote:
Alyakia wrote:our nations greatest achievement is slowly but surely being destroyed
America is doing fine atm

The Treorai
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Treorai » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:18 am

Yanalia wrote:
Great Nepal wrote:I request that we disregard senator Yanalia's objection and request.

I request that we disregard Senator Great Nepal's original objection and both of his requests.

I request that I get my fucking sandwich.
GOD-KING OF ABRASIVENESS

Dumb Ideologies wrote:It's a situation intrinsic to the committed ideologue. Whenever one makes a counter-argument the goalposts seem not only to move in two dimensions but also float several hundred thousand miles above the pitch whilst wearing cast-iron earplugs.

Rainbows and Rivers wrote:Dictators blaming America for all their problems? That's new.

Caninope wrote:If I think in my mind that the book sitting in front of me is Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows when it is in fact Robert's Rules of Order Newly Revised, 11th Edition, then it doesn't make me any more objectively correct.

Geilinor
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Geilinor » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:18 am

Britanno wrote:
Free South Califas wrote:I don't want to be confusing by posting the text in the chamber so here is a link to the latest version: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=241322&p=14932119#p14932119

Isn't this just the WEA in different words? It won't pass.

It will probably never get 70% of the workers to vote for democratization though.
Member of the Free Democratic Party. Not left. Not right. Forward.
Economic Left/Right: -1.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.41

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:18 am

The Treorai wrote:
Yanalia wrote:

I object, and request that the senate collectively make me a turkey sandwich on Wonderbread White. No tomato, or any bullshit, just tukey, toasted bread, and a coke in a can.

I object, and request that the senate bans Coca-Cola for tasting like crap.
"And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned round on you — where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat?"

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:19 am

Ainin wrote:To put an end to this pissing off contest, I move to omnibus the ECA and LELPA as the Parliamentary Reform Act.

This motion still stands. Please second it guys...

The Treorai
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Treorai » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:19 am

Ainin wrote:
The Treorai wrote:I object, and request that the senate collectively make me a turkey sandwich on Wonderbread White. No tomato, or any bullshit, just tukey, toasted bread, and a coke in a can.

I object, and request that the senate bans Coca-Cola for tasting like crap.

I Object, and request that the senate orders the ramming of a cricket bat up Ainin's... well... never mind.
GOD-KING OF ABRASIVENESS

Yanalia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yanalia » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:19 am

Ainin wrote:
Ainin wrote:To put an end to this pissing off contest, I move to omnibus the ECA and LELPA as the Parliamentary Reform Act.

This motion still stands. Please second it guys...

I second.

Free South Califas wrote:Dammit Byzantium, stop spraying your ignorance on everyone.

Franklin Delano Bluth
Senator

Founded: Apr 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Franklin Delano Bluth » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:20 am

The Treorai wrote:
Great Nepal wrote:
The National Executive and Legislative Powers Act

Drafted By: Senator Owen Tarniff II and Great Nepal
Sponsors: New Zepuha, The Azulia, Ainin

Hereby;

REPEALS The Republican Executive Act,

FOUNDS The Office of President of the Commonwealth to serve as Head of State for our nation,

DECLARES An Election will be held every three (3) months, or when serving president calls an election within aforementioned time period, and shall be held on the following terms;
- Any Senator may run for the office of President;
- All nominees must sumbit their intention to run for Presidency atleast three (3) days in advance, or their candidacy will not be recorded;
- Elections shall be held by means of exhaustive voting, where every single voting period shall last for four (4) days;
- Last standing candidate at end of exhaustive voting will be named president of the commonwealth.
- Newly elected president will take office after three (3) days of being elected to allow serving president to end any works he started.
- During the period of between start of elections and new president taking over, serving president shall be referred to as "caretaker president" and shall not start any governmental action that wasn't started before the elections.

FOUNDS The Office of Prime Minister of the Commonwealth to serve as the Head of Government for our nation,

Declares prime minister shall be appointed by president and may be dismissed by president, as he sees fit.

DEFINES The Powers and Duties of the President of the Commonwealth as Follows;
- May Veto bill passed in the senate unless the bill has been passed by two third majority;
- May Ratify or Veto Declarations of War created, and passed by the senate;
- Acts as Commander and Chief of the Armed Forces;
- Grant pardons to anyone convicted of either criminal or civil offence,

DEFINES The power and duties of prime minister of commonwealth as follows;
- May Veto one bill passed in the senate unless overruled by president or bill was passed by two third majority;
- May appoint, and remove senators to and from the various ministries established by the Acts of senate or by executive orders issued by prime minister or president;
- Acts as the Highest Level of Law Enforcement in our nation,
- Grant pardon to anyone convicted of crimes equivalent to or lower than derelict.

FOUNDS The Office of Speaker of the Senate, to serve as the head of the Senate of our nation,

DECLARES, speaker of the senate shall be hold power on the following terms;
- There shall be no more than fifteen speaker of the senate at a given time;
- Current speakers of the senate shall be Aeken, Britcan, Denecaep, Great Nepal, Maklohi Vai, Quirina, Regnum Dominae, Slazliyka, and Wolfmanne.
- New speaker of the senate may be appointed at discretion of existing speakers of the senate after internal consultation.
- Speaker of senate may be removed at discretion of existing speakers of the senate after internal consultation.

DEFINES The Powers and Duties of the Speaker of the Senate as Follows;
- Maintains the Queue for Legislation in the Senate Chamber;
- Moderates Debate;
- Keeps the official count when voting;
- Ensure civilized proceedings within the senate;
- Prevent and reduce filibusters

SHOULD The president be impeached from office by the senate or resign, a vote will take place five days following the passage of the Vote of No Confidence or resignation on the same terms as the above. The new president will serve the remainder of the three month term, and elections will be held once again,

DECLARES That a Vote of No Confidence may only be conducted after a motion of fifteen in the senate, and it may only pass with four fifth majority, that is conducted over 48 hours.

The National Executive and Legislative Powers Act has enough support to add into queue. I also move to ensure this skips queue and goes to top of the queue due to obvious changes this would make.

I second that motion.

If you feel like lovin' me, if you've got that notion...
The American Legion is a neo-fascist terrorist organization, bent on implementing Paulinist Sharia, and with a history of pogroms against organized labor and peace activists and of lynching those who dare resist or defend themselves against its aggression.

Pro: O'Reilly technical books, crew-length socks, Slide-O-Mix trombone lubricant, Reuben sandwiches
Anti: The eight-line signature limit, lift kits, cancelling Better Off Ted, Chicago Cubs

The Treorai
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Treorai » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:20 am

Yanalia wrote:
Ainin wrote:This motion still stands. Please second it guys...

I second.

Eh, what the hell. Third.
GOD-KING OF ABRASIVENESS

Great Nepal
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Nepal » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:20 am

Yanalia wrote:
Great Nepal wrote:I request that we disregard senator Yanalia's objection and request.

I request that we disregard senator Yanalia's comment since 17:00 in 24th June (GMT).

Britanno
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Britanno » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:20 am

Ainin wrote:I object, and request that the senate bans Coca-Cola for tasting like crap.

I object, and request that non coca cola lovers be removed from all political positions.
British, male, heterosexual, aged 26, liberal conservative, unitarian universalist
Pro: marriage equality, polygamy, abortion up to viability, UK Lib Dems, US Democrats
Anti: discrimination, euroscepticism, UKIP, immigrant bashing, UK Labour, US Republicans
Alyakia wrote:our nations greatest achievement is slowly but surely being destroyed

Great Nepal
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Nepal » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:20 am

The Treorai wrote:
Yanalia wrote:
I second.

Fourth, as much as I am enjoying this dickwaving.

Yanalia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yanalia » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:21 am

Great Nepal wrote:
Yanalia wrote:

I request that we disregard senator Yanalia's comment since 17:00 in 24th June (GMT).

I request that we disregard every communication Senator Great Nepal has ever made to a Senate member, or the Senate in general.

Britanno
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Britanno » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:21 am

The Treorai wrote:
Yanalia wrote:
I second.

Fourthed

The Treorai
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Treorai » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:21 am

Franklin Delano Bluth wrote:
The Treorai wrote:I second that motion.

If you feel like lovin' me, if you've got that notion...

https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/27 ... 5b006.jpeg
GOD-KING OF ABRASIVENESS

Osea 767
Minister

Founded: Feb 15, 2008
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Osea 767 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:21 am

The Treorai wrote:
Yanalia wrote:
I second.

Fifthed.
The Federal Socialist Republic of Yaroslavl
My Fanfics
Gloomy Intelligentsia (My Blog)
Political Compass (07/12/2013)
Economic Left/Right: -9.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.79
Player Info Form

Yanalia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yanalia » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:21 am

Osea 767 wrote:
The Treorai wrote:Eh, what the hell. Third.

Fifthed.

You mean sixth.

Osea 767
Minister

Founded: Feb 15, 2008
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Osea 767 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:22 am

Apparently, yes.
The Federal Socialist Republic of Yaroslavl
My Fanfics
Gloomy Intelligentsia (My Blog)
Political Compass (07/12/2013)
Economic Left/Right: -9.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.79
Player Info Form

Chetssaland
Senator

Founded: May 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Chetssaland » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:22 am

Free South Califas wrote:
Chetssaland wrote:
Exactly, and we all know that's what he meant.

I have no vested interest in protecting Nihil. I don't know him whatsoever and he's not part of my party or coalition. I just call out an injustice when I see it.

I'm aware how the vernacular term is used. I was referring to the literal meanings that inform it. It doesn't really have any meaning without being informed by the concept of someone suffering the consequences of rape, now does it?

OOC: And Jesus F. Christ, it's a warning in a minigame. I really, really wish that were the only consequence of this fiasco for me. Though I wish you no ill will, at this point I wish you could have a taste of the excruciating pain so you understood what I was talking about. I have appointments today and a million other things to do and they're all going to be done half-assed because of this thing that happened in the place where I come to play. Nihl was harassing me about it, and while I didn't and wouldn't have reported him (I've been well trained), I'm not shedding any tears about his little warning either.

Do you know how fast I would trade this pain for a warning in a minigame? Jeez, talk about mountains and molehills.

All I did was bring up that it seemed to be an unfair warning, and responded to replies. I even stated I didn't want to make a controversy. Even in our conversation I said it wasn't the place for this.

And I'm not trying to sound unsympathetic, because I have sympathy for anyone who would have to go through that, but what allegedly happened in RL to the people behind the usernames really has no bearing on how the rules are enforced. Nihil nor anyone else never had to know anything about your life in the first place.

Britanno
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Britanno » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:23 am

Yanalia wrote:You mean sixth.

Things got screwed up when I said fourth end instead of fifthed... oops :oops:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives