NATION

PASSWORD

Proposed New Airline Legislation (Open, Please Contribute)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Proposed New Airline Legislation (Open, Please Contribute)

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun May 05, 2013 3:19 pm

OOC: This law is now complete
:clap: :clap: If you don't contribute now, don't complain that we're too harsh later, you had your chance :clap: :clap:
People who have contributed so far:
Hellraiser-Army
New Hayesalia

Since Australia is such a vast nation with such are large including mass territorial waters, it's expected that planes will try to fly past Australia or her waters. Whilst Australia hasn't any issues with this, we do, however wish to control which planes may or may not fly over Australia and enter Australian territory. This new legislation is just a proposal, and, since it does involve other nations, we would like your imput in this and how we could improve the new proposed laws so that they are fair and just, in addition to protecting the Australian law in Australia's territory
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Sun May 05, 2013 4:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Australia's Territorial Area

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun May 05, 2013 3:21 pm

Just so you can get the idea of how large Australia's sovereign territory is, Australia is a nation constituting many islands. The total land are of all of these islands is 7,692,789 km2, In ADDITION to this, 12 nauticle miles around these islands, is soverign territory of Australia.

Australia ALSO has an additional 5,896,500 km2 Antarctic Territory, with a futher 12 nauticle miles north of this land in Antarctic Waters

So as you can see, Australia has a vast and massive area, with millions of square kms soverign territory, which we desire to protect
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Entering Australian Territory

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun May 05, 2013 3:22 pm

Australian federal air space spans from 2 nauticle miles above ground level or sea level above the land or water of states or territories (the area below belongs to the state or territory) to the end of Earth and the begging of space, and all space from sea level till the boarder of Earth and space over federal waters belongs to the federation.

In order for a civilian commercial airline to enter Australia's space, either cargo, charter or passanger, the airline must have obtained permission and must agree to abide by Australian laws and regulations. The Australian government does not care whether or not the airline is owned by a coperation or the government. Once the airline (or airline group) has been approved, any aircraft of that airline may enter Australian airspace, as long as it follows all other laws. All aircraft of an approved airline must radio their position, origin and destination. Most of the time, the aircraft can enter without any hassle, but in the rear case where the plane is requested by ground staff to make a stop-over in Australia, the aircraft must choose an appropriate airport, any airport which can handle that aircraft and land before leaving Australian Airspace. In extremely rear cases, or in cases of un-registered airlines, the aircraft may be denied entry. The ONLY exception is emergencies, in which case, an aircraft may enter whether or not the airline is registered.

IN ADDITION TO THIS:
The aircraft has 3 options before entering airspace. No matter which is option is chosen, the aircraft must radio in their position, origin and destination and pend approval. The options include:
1. Whilst applying to enter Australian airspace, ALL passengers and staff must be radioed in, including names, and destination
2. A list must be sent with details of ALL passengers and staff, including names, and destination and must be acknowledged PRIOR to the take-off of the flight entering Australia. This list may be sent electronically and a message shall be sent within a few seconds stating that list has been received
3. Sending an electronic copy of the tickets of every single passenger, and the names, origins and destinations of all of the staff, and waiting for a message of recognition stating that the appropriate information has been received

Private aircraft: All private aircraft entering Australia must radio their origin, destination and position, as well as the name of every person on board. If they do not radio in, they will be contacted by ground staff and asked if they know whether or not they are entering Australia. If ground staff request that the aircraft must land at an airport, the aircraft must do so before leaving Australian Territory, or in rear cases, entering airspace may be denied. If ground staff cannot come into contact with the aircraft, the persons on board should be informed that may be accompanied by two Australian Air force aircraft, one which they will be expected to follow and one that will follow them. If this does happen, the persons on board should not be alarmed, as they are just being directed to an appropriate airport where they can land. If the aircraft stops following the air force plane, the air force plane may shoot a dummy bullet. If this does happens, persons on board should not be alarmed, it's just a warning, and if any bullet does hit, the person who shot it will be court martialed. The ONLY exception is emergencies.

Militant aircraft: Australian military aircraft may enter and exit freely at will.
Ally nations must contact Australia and inform us of incoming aircraft, and the aircraft must radio origin, destination and position, unless in cases of emergency, in which they may enter with ease. If the nation has contacted Australia and informed us that they are at war, in order to limit communication, which may cause vulnerability, they may enter Australian airspace without radioing in, but are not permitted to land, unless there is an emergency, or the allied nation has made arrangements
Neutral Nations: Military aircraft of neutral nations may only enter if they radio in and ask for permission to enter. Permission may be either be approved or denied, except in the case of emergency, in which case permission will always be granted. Neutral nations, may, however contact Australia and make arrangements for military aircraft to enter. If these arrangements are made, then entry of militant planes will work on a case-by-case basis

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Full Name of Legislation

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun May 05, 2013 3:23 pm

The Australian Republic Federal Airspace Protection Act. 2013

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Conditions of Entry

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun May 05, 2013 3:26 pm

Aircraft may enter Australian federal air space if they are deemed safe and obey federal laws
Aircraft may enter the airspace of the states and territories if they are deemed safe and obey federal laws, in addition to the laws of the spacific state or territory
The only exception is emergencies, in which all aircraft is permitted to enter Australian airspace under any circumstance (except for military aircraft, in which work on a case by case basis)
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Sun May 05, 2013 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Federal Laws Concerning Safety

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun May 05, 2013 3:27 pm

The following laws apply to all commercial airlines, passenger, charter and/or cargo:
In order for the airline to be granted permission, it must meet the following safety requirements:
-The airline must be safe. It must not be from a country with alleged poor maitenance or if it is, it must prove its maintenance is sufficient
-The airline must have no current bannings or have had bannings in the past 12 months in any other nation, ally, neutral or enemy for safety reasons or for breaking the laws of those nations
-The airline must report all crashes or bannings for safety reason to Australia as often as they occure, and must submit a full safety report to the federal government every 3 months
-The airline has a bad history involving terrorism or hijacking. A few attacks are acceptable, even major attacks, but not too many attacks

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Federal Laws Concerning Quarantine

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun May 05, 2013 3:56 pm

If the aircraft, has the intention of landing in Australia, all personal (passengers and staff), cargo and luggage are required to alight from the aircraft and go through airport security, on the stop over DIRECTLY BEFORE ENTERING Australian Territory (which is the current OOC laws). The stopover before entering Australia must be in AN APPROVED NATION. In addition, all personal (passengers and staff), cargo and luggage are required to alight from the aircraft and go through airport security on the FIRST STOP OVER in Australian Republic, and the LAST STOP OVER in Australian Republic, this is for commercial and private aircraft.
Food or wood products from the aircraft may not be brought into the nation.
Animals may not be brought into the nation, with the exception of approved animals for frieght, or assistance animals which pass a safety and health test.
Airlines must not allow people, passangers or staff, to board the aircraft on the STOP OVER DIRECTLY BEFORE Australia, if they are aware that the person is carrying a disease which has been placed on the quarantine list
During these scans and tests, the airline may NOT depart until advised by the federal police (estimated time: an hour and half)
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Sun May 05, 2013 4:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Additional Laws

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun May 05, 2013 3:59 pm

Laws bounded by Australian Constitution:
-Each toilet on a passanger and charter aircraft must be unisex, and provide free menstrual padding, of a reasonable quality (you may charge for luxery menstrual padding)

Other laws:
-Toilets may contain smoke alarms and ciggarett smoke alarms, but may not contain cameras or anything else which may invade one's privacy, unless for safety reasons
-Smoking of tabbacco is not permitted on any passanger or charter flights, unless it is a registered smokers flight
-Consumption of other recriational drugs is prohibbited
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Sun May 05, 2013 4:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Failure to obey these laws

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun May 05, 2013 4:24 pm

If a commercial or charter aircraft enters Australian airspace without permission, it shall be contacted, if it refuses to leave Australian airspace (or we can't get in contact with it) (assuming there is no emergency), the airline shall be contacted. If the airline refuses to act, the nation shall be contacted
If a private aircraft enters Australian airspace without radioing in all the information, we shall attempt to contact it and ask if they are aware that they are in Australian airspace, if we cannot get in contact with them, two airforce planes shall be sent to direct them (one for the private aircraft to follow, and one following the private aircraft), if the private aircraft does not follow the airforce plane, the second airforce plane shall follow it until it leaves Australian airspace, or until it lands. If it does leave Australian airspace, the nation, assuming we can determin it, shall be contacted
If a militant plane enters Australian airspace without permission, it shall be contacted and asked to leave. If it does not leave or we cannot contact it, the aircraft may be shot down and the piolet will be taken in as a spy until we contact the nation

If the nation refuses to respond, it shall be considered an act of war

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Mon May 06, 2013 5:39 am

bump

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Tue May 07, 2013 12:46 am

Bump

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Smoking-New Section

Postby Australian rePublic » Tue May 14, 2013 6:13 am

Smoking of tabbacco is prohibited on all flights, unless they are registered smokers flights. Smokers flights are required to have a seperate flight code to regular flights on that route and the airline is REQUIRED to make a smokers flight clear at time of booking AND on the ticket. The code of the smoker's flight must be registered and approved by the Australian government

In order for smoker's flights from Australia to the host nation, or vice verca, to be approved, the host nation must be willing to accept smokers flights on the same route/s, shall an Australian airline fly to that nation
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Tue May 14, 2013 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents