NATION

PASSWORD

War of Words [IC, closed; ATTN ACA, Pardes, Akimonad]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Santheres
Game Moderator

Founded: Apr 29, 2005
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Santheres » Sat May 11, 2013 9:12 pm

I L G L O B O

INTERNATIONAL - Pardesian Turmoil

Comment (415)
Recommend

Germanian Hackles Continue to Raise Further
Test Ballistic Missiles, Claim Impenetrable Missile Shield

BERLIN, GERMANIA - Steinbach continued to reiterate his stance against pulling Anti-Communist Alliance forces from Pardes, speaking on no uncertain terms that he believes the correct course of action for his nation is to maintain constant active forces in an otherwise stable region in which Germania has no true stake.

In his speech, he emphasized the fact, perhaps unknowingly, that Germania had no purpose in Pardes due to the lack of crisis, as he had always known that Premislyd would not be long in the ACA, whether they left or he had them removed. In this, he denied the existence of a crisis, prompting questions about the reasoning behind the active military forces in the region. The crowd, however, seemed to neither notice nor question; rumors have arisen concerning the amount of Imperial spending used to hire a devoutly loyal audience such as was present.

Ballistics Retested

In a show of force mimicking many insecure rulers, Germania conducted ballistic tests. Experts have verified that the tests were of current models of missile and nothing newly developed, which prompted many to ask why tests were required at all. It is well known that ballistic tests as intimidation are ultimately ineffective, as the threat of mutually assured destruction is a constant, rendering such launches an effective impossibility by any rational government.

The threat was, however, suggested even by domestic figures, such as Maximilian Pflanz, a popular Germanian show host, who stated that a war in Pardes would mean the automatic usage of nuclear weapons to destroy Pravengria.

Despite Steinbach's faith in his ballistic shield, expert projections indicate that even with an 80% interception rate, far higher than any such system currently in existence, the nuclear launch strategies adopted by the majority of the world's nuclear-armed states would still result in enough break throughs to destroy any targeted location.

Quigley's Cabal

A keynote of Steinbach's speech, and a belief held by several public figures in Germania, was the continued insistence that the leader of Akimonad is a puppetmaster, controlling numerous states - indeed all states that oppose the ACA - whether or not these nations have had any previous dealings with Akimonad. Jeffrey Goldberg - a niche political scientist - referred to all states not accepting the ACA as "weak-willed subordinates of Kent," ignoring those with which Akimonad has little if any relationship.

Bianca Venturini, current Council Chancellor, said in her official statement on Steinbach's speech, "The idea that Santheres is subordinate to Akimonad is laughable at best. Of course, I don't believe that he was referring to us, as he would much rather forget the fact that we're always here, watching at least the larger steps that Germania and the ACA make. I think, though, that it's all irrelevant; in the end, Steinbach will take the reasonable course of action, whether or not he understands it."

G. Ciaramitaro Referred Commenter
One thing that everyone reading this should remember is that Germania is, ultimately, of no threat to Santheres or our allies. The ACA as a whole may pose problems for Akimonad, and I doubt we'll leave them in the cold, but House Giarelli alone can face down any of their memberstates. When this is over, everyone involved will regret the wasted time, Steinbach included. Economic projections of the stand-off, and of the hypothetical conflict, are available in the Ciaramitaro family archive.
11-05-2013

More

You must be logged in to comment.

Popular Articles
Quigley Cabale Produced by Porto Viro Microbrewery
House Giarelli Places Two Carriers at Akimonad Disposal
Emmeria: Rumors of PrussCorp Expansion Rebutted
OPINION: If Akimonad is the Face of Anti-ACA, Rodarion is the Tail

URL: http://www.ilglobo.ccn.san/articles/2357283
© 2013 Caccini Entertainment Media

For redistribution rights, contact CEM
Last edited by Santheres on Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
:: Absolutely Orwellian :: Positively Kafkaesque ::
:: Undeviatingly the Year of Our Lord Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-Four ::
:: IIWiki :: The Local Cluster (FT) :: NSFT Community Discord :: IIWiki Community Discord
Up on the housetop Santhbots pause;
Peace torn apart by steely claws!
Does it bring gifts of fun and games?
Nay, 'tis the king of acid rains!
Where can we flee from Santhbot's path?
No place is sheltered from his wrath!
Cyborg horror of the skies,
Flee! Save your children! Santhbot rides!
Proprietor of IIwiki :: santh dot ns, gmail for any iiwiki inquiries (and only iiwiki inquiries)
NS RP Community Manager - my TGs are open for RP community management/moderation purposes

Castille de Italia
Minister

Founded: Mar 22, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Castille de Italia » Sat May 11, 2013 11:04 pm

Pictured: New ICBM CM-47 Collier Launched, Capable Of Striking Any Pardesian Targets.

Pardes Heats Up, Conflict Likely
With a strong military presence in Pardes, war is imminent.
May 11th, 2013, 11:05 PM EST | By Julius Flavius, CNN Journalist

Much rhetoric has come out from various news corporations in the last week, and with a large military presence in Pardes, war seems imminent.

Washington Hayes was recently sworn in as the President of the United Republic of Emmeria, and is currently leading a coalition against the Anti-Communsim Alliance, "who is only trying to stabilize the crippled region," a random Castillian citizen said in a survey conducted by CNN.

Currently, the Holy Roman Empire's Der Standard - Wien reported false information, saying that, "Castille de Italia itself has during the past two months beheaded a Secretary of Defence, fired another, had one Chancellor (Vici) assassinated, and retired one more Chancellor, not to mention the ghastly murder of Emperor Titus Valerius I."

No Defense Secretary had been beheaded. One [Avenius] was killed in a car bombing, and the other [Tiberius] was tried for treason and incarcerated at Rutherford Detainment Facility. Chancellor Vici was not assassinated by the government, and there was no Chancellor retired recently. Emperor Titus Valerius I had been killed on unrelated circumstances, before the Pardes Crisis. The assassinations of Vici and Avenius have been linked to James R. Tennison, the lone gunman at Ti Armani Square.

The Papal Republic of Rodarion, and mainly Pope Pius III, who the Castillian Empire had been rather lenient toward due to it being a fellow Catholic theocracy, called for the deaths of Chancellor Mede, a devout Catholic, and Kaiser B.E. Steinbach, the monarch of the German Empire. Pope Innocent X, the head of the Castillian Vatican stated, "It was wrong for a Catholic to call for the death of another Catholic, or anyone in general. The Rodarion Catholics are not true Catholics. I also do oppose the Mormon faith, and it is a strong and moral faith, one that I would defend anyday."

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints President Matthew Young said, "I thank the Pope for standing up for our faith. It's not often a high official of the Vatican does that."

In other news, the Imperial High Command confirmed that the First, Fifth, and Seventh Imperial Fleets will remain outside Pardes, and act as security for the region. The Fourth Imperial Ballistic Command Fleet will also be sent outside Pardes, to act as a ballistic missile deterrence. The First, Fourth, and Seventh Imperial Fleets have enough supplies to support an invasion force. The Imperial High Command stated that, "the Pardesian Order is solely that of a peacekeeping role The fleets will not be entering Pardesian waters, though."

With missile tests being frequently being carried out by the German and Castillian Empires, and the increased military presence in Pardes, not to mention the heightened state of alertness in many nations, war seems to be an outcome of the once-peaceful ACA presence in Pardes. "Our intentions were of peace in the beginning. But those who opposed us perverted those intentions, and were increasingly aggressive over the last few months. Now, we may almost go to war, just because someone didn't like the new kid on the block," Princess Alyssa Giovanni, the Castillian representative to the ACA said.

The Pardes powder keg is getting closer and closer to exploding.

TOP STORIES ABOUT PARDES IN TROUBLE
  • Rhetoric and Lies from the Holy Roman Empire [ 1,437 ]
  • Ships Move Into Pardes [ 3,226 ]
  • Pardes Will End Up In War [ 2,092 ]
    Image Comments [ 8,987 ] | Image E-mail this article
    Castillian News Network 2013, All Rights Reserved, Imperial News Bureaucracy
Last edited by Castille de Italia on Sat May 11, 2013 11:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The Castillian Federation | La Fédération Castillia
Fraternité sous notre Fédération

Main Directory | IIWiki | Dramatis Personae | Pan Dienstadi World Airways | Latest Political Crisis
Proud Supporter of the Israeli War of Self-Defense Against Hamas Terrorists
Proud Supporter of Frat Boys Tearing Down Palestinian Solidarity Encampments
Proud Supporter of Waffle House

Belfras
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 17, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Belfras » Sun May 12, 2013 2:53 am

BNN International
Pardesi-ACA news

PM offers port to 'stranded' Belhavian fleet
"They're not the aggressors of the ACA." says PM
09/MAY/2013 | Hannah Montell-Wright (@HannahMWonwri) (BNN)
The move comes after a cross-party meeting in Parliament.

Isn Deslen, Belfras - We were gathering in the main conference room in the Parliamentary building on sunday morning. A few of us were bleary eyes and were eager to begin the consumption of coffee, myself included. Whenever a morning conference was called, the Parliament staff always supplied us with coffee, usually brewed with expensive varieties of beans and customized to the drinkers wish, to an extent. They had gotten into a set of formalities that had to be completed prior to the Prime Minister speaking to the press. First someone had to come to the podium and tell us that he was coming and what he was covering, and then the flag-pole carrying the Kings eagle had to be hefted in roughly a minute before the PM entered the room. You can imagine that our journalism taste buds were singing when the staff member announced the following: "Ladies and gentleman. The Prime Minister will be speaking in a few minutes regarding the Anti-Communist Alliances presence within regional waters." Because, let's be honest, anything about the A.C.A. gets a lot of headline news.

In came the flag, the proud eagle adorned with the crown. It was set directly behind the Podium, ready to be obscured by the Prime Minister and whoever spoke afterward. An exact minute afterward Mr. Davies walked into the room, gave a small wave, and took to the stage. All the while being bombarded by the flashes of cameras. "Good morning, everyone." he started, the bags under his eyes being a give-away that he probably hadn't enjoyed a nights sleep. "Let us begin."

Mr. Davies set down some papers and began, as he hinted. "Roughly thirty minutes ago a message was sent to the Belhavian fleet currently within Pardesi waters. The message contained an invitation for them to sail to and dock at the naval base at Portsdown. The facts on the ground are that they're [the Belhavians] not the aggressors of the ACA. They're stranded in Pardesi waters with no safe haven to go to. Well, [Belfras] will supply that safe haven in the form of our naval base in the city of Portsdown."

He went on, "Should they accept our offer, they'll be met at the mouth of the Belfrasian Gulf by a Naval cruiser that'll lead them to the assembly area just outside of Portsdown. Thisis because they'll be unfamiliar with our docking procedures and the general landscape of Portsdown in general. From the assembly area they'll be met by a small flotilla of civilian piloting ships that will off-load a single pilot to each Belhavian vessel that will guide each ships navigation team into docking at the Naval base itself. Tugboats will be on standby should they be required, but the civilian sector pilots are pretty experienced at this."

"They'll be berthed in slots reserved for ships that are currently on exercises and their crew will undergo a standard custom check if they venture off of it. This, as you all know, is usually an ID check and to ensure they're not bringing anything illegal into the country. They'll be given a tenure-stay visa, similar to that given to passengers of cruise liners. The ships will be offered replenishment of fuel, food, and anything else they may need that doesn't stray into military ordnance."

A question was asked in regards to a potential Belfrasian-Belhavian meeting, which Davies responded "I'd like to think so. At the moment we're just offering them a port to replenish themselves and to stay at until they're ready to move on. Admiral Teller, the commander of Portsdown Naval base, has already expressed a desire to meet the Belhavian fleet commander if and when the fleet docks."

Davies was then asked about the recent Prussian announcement which seemed to "stray into the boundaries of an aimless rant and eventually culminated in a threat of nuclear holocaust on Pravengria." as the reporter whom asked the question put it.

"I'm not for trusting news sources in other countries." Davies answered, smiling. "But I did notice how he quoted me, then ignored what I said. Probably because it's true. ACA have no legitimate reason to be in Pardes, they're doing this because they think it'll make them look big when it comes to facing actual communists. Let's look at the whole picture. If they collapse to pressure to leave, they'll never be taken seriously by communist states. Once pressure for them to leave us alone dies down, they'll move onto someone else. At the moment this is just rhetorical nonsense."

Further detail went into the conference, which can be viewed Here.

Hannah Montell-Wright reported on this in Isn Delsen with the assistance of her junior correspondents and members of the Parliaments news team.
    Image Comments [ 43 ] | Image E-mail this article
    © Belfrasian News Network 2013

Demonym is Belfrasian, currency is Lira

Castille de Italia
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Castille de Italia » Sun May 12, 2013 10:44 am

[OoC: I would like to apologize for my latest post, which has been edited to prevent any confusion, which stated that the Castillian Empire would be sending three fleets into Pardes. I was under the impression that the War of Words would actually escalate into a full-blown war, and thus why I was going to send ships into Pardes.

I have been notified that this was talked about between ACA leadership and Pardesian nations. This information was not relayed to me, and thus I was under the guise of there being a major war in Pardes. There will be no Imperial fleets entering Pardes, although they will be outside Pardes, which I will go into detail in my next news post, assuming that everyone involved feels that it is okay for me to continue posting in this thread.

Again, I would like to apologize for my conduct, and hopefully all of you wish to still roleplay with me. If you don't, I understand, and will respectfully quit participating in the War of Words thread. Thank you, and a happy Mother's Day. End OoC]

Main Directory | IIWiki | Dramatis Personae | Pan Dienstadi World Airways | Latest Political Crisis

Virana
Minister

Founded: Jan 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Virana » Sun May 12, 2013 5:13 pm

Dangerous "Quigley Cabale" outlawed in United Republic
Scientists: Santheres beer has a number of harmful side-effects

Image SHARE THIS: Image Image Image Image
12 May 2013 7:53 PM | By Joshua Rigalis (@JRig_Garlic) (The Garlic)

OURED, D.A., United Republic — The Senate and House unanimously passed a joint bill outlawing the notorious "Quigley Cabale", a beer produced by the Santherese Porto Viro Microbrewery, due to its gruesome side-effects.

During testing on live humans, scientists were alarmed at their results.

"Quigley Cabale test subjects resorted to tossing their computers into a lake and eating their eyes out. They were jumping and screaming and yelling at us for some unspecified abomination that they said was destroying the world," one scientist said in a presentation before a joint session of Congress. "The only other way to produce these effects is by forcing test subjects to read PrussCorp," he added, referring to the renowned Prussian media outlet known for matching American Fucks Fox News and British DailyFail DailyMail in terms of journalistic content value.

Other subjects were reported as having been inflicted with Steinfuck's Syndrome, a disease in which they experienced unparalleled delusions of grandeur and became highly conceited and arrogant. They also began to call everyone except their closest friends "minions of Quigley", although scientists were unable to determine the nature of the statement or what it was supposed to mean.

The disease, discovered just two months ago, is named after C. F. Steinfuck, an insignificant man who became the first to be diagnosed with it when his relatives noticed that he was exhibiting the aforementioned symptoms.

However, scientists confirmed that the newly discovered disease is not very contagious. Despite this fact, they stated that it could be spread through the air and recommended that Emmerian citizens breathe less in order to lessen their chance of acquiring Steinfuck's Syndrome.

This article was written by a The Garlic contributor. As the world's premier news reporting agency, The Garlic ensures that all content is 100% accurate. Please do not contact the UP staff regarding informational accuracy in this article; doing so may result in severe fees.

ON THE WIRE
  • German emperor, Castillian chancellor "really hitting it off" [ 5243 ]
  • Reports: Steinfuck confirms raging desire to get into bed with Akimonad President Johnathan Quigley [ 9429 ]
  • Reports: Castille de Italia pussied out of Lyramoni war, still refuses to man up [ 1375 ]
  • Estovakiva Viking Navy to retake world, enter Valhalla to prepare for Ragnarok [ 922 ]
  • United Republic purchases "IASM Territory" from Ralkovia, forecloses current tenant; "Ditor behind on rent", says Hayes [ 922 ]
  • Rodar Pope Prius to Castillian Pope Guilty: "Nigga I'm the only pope" [ 1242 ]
  • Prussian government: "If we say 'Quigley Cabal' enough, it might actually catch on" [ 815 ]
  • PrussCorp Emmeria branch goes bankrupt due to lack of profit [ 1851 ]
  • UP CEO to PrussCorp: "No, you use #808080, we use #0080BF, so suck my dick you lying cunt" [ 751 ]

Image 3511 comments
Image STAR THIS DISCUSSION

II Mentor specializing in MT and GE&T. If you need help, TG me, visit our thread, or join our IRC channel, #NSMentors on irc.esper.net!

Mentors Hub | Welcome to II | RP Questions | #NSMentors
International Incidents Mentor | IIwiki Administrator

Owner of the United Republic of Emmeria and everything about it

Pravengria
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Pravengria » Sun May 12, 2013 8:09 pm

Prussia's ''Slap to the Face''

Saxonopl', Pravengria- His Majesty released a statement just yesterday that Pravengria will be looking forward to a detente with New Belhavia. Who His Majesty claimed is ''a very respectful nation, who respects our business and leaves it be.'' This came after both nations seemed to be leaning towards friendlier relations, His Majesty hopes to sign off numerous trade deals with the Belhavians.

President Anina who is backing His Majesty had some words of her own, ''The Belhavians are probably the only nation in the ACA who Pravengria can truly respect. They haven't tried to thrust anything upon us, they are very non-interventional regarding our business unlike that of Prussia or the CdI. Their leaders have been rather respectful and kind, and I can say, that I will definitely back Alestei on the trade negotiations.''

An internet poll that took the web by fire in Pravengria, which was started by that of Tomas Alessandro, a small town professor in Prozana, asked what people though of New Belhavia, Prussia and CdI. It then showed a page where it stated which country they'd much rather be friendly to. New Belhavia is leading with 68% while Prussia who has the lowest is at 12%. Anina who had seen the poll said she 'wasn't surprised'.

''When it comes to Prussia and CdI, there's alot of resent to them'' she said commenting to news of a youtube video that had been released of Pravene citizens burning Prussian and CdI flags, and spitting and urinating on them. The video in question was released by a youtuber named 'T1m3f0rjust1c3', it showed citizens in the city of Caracal taking Prussian and CdI flags, stomping, spitting and even urinating on them before coating them in gasoline and setting them on fire. The video so far has 1.4 million views after only being posted just yesterday. The video linked the poll from earlier, which explains how both are getting such a huge turn out.

Law enforcement officials in Caracal stated that 'aslong as they [the citizens who are doing the flag burnings] don't put anyone's life in danger or disrupt the public they are allowed to do so since it is an expression of free speech' President Anina stated that they [citizens] will be watched to ensure they don't cause any trouble, but that under the constitution they are allowed to desecrate a flag, whether it be of the Pravene flag or another nations. The act is protected under the 'Citizen Rights Act in Article V' where free speech is protected by the law.

With such resentment towards the two nations by the public, Anina stated that the move to strengthen ties with New Belhavia and such will be a 'Slap to the face' of Prussia. She says that it is a good move. The Pravene government seems to be changing its stance, simply writing off Prussia and CdI as more of nuisances, and not to be taken seriously. A move that they believe will frustrate the Prussians, ''They have problems, especially the Kaiser'' stated Johan Schwartz an ex-Austrian citizen. ''By ignoring them, and treating them like they're nothing but a pest, will surely upset them, hardly anyone in the government and other governments in Pardes really can't take such a hot headed nation [Prussia] seriously, they're too weak.'' he said.

Image Comments/Commientes| Image E-mail this article/Sendar Articulo du Mensaj
    © Le Federau Enformacione Union 2013-Toate Ritas Conserbido
Last edited by Pravengria on Sun May 12, 2013 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Federated Commonwealth of Pravengria
Foreign Affairs
CyberSel Group

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Mon May 13, 2013 8:43 am

Der Standard - Wien

Imperial and Royal Monarchy to Castille de Italia: Stand Down Your Nuclear Capable Weapons Now

The Hofkriegsrath Authorizing General Alert System - Ultra: RED after CNN reported moving ballistic missiles danger close to Pardes

Vienna, the Holy Roman Empire- Imperial and Royal War Navy Officials has reported today to Der Standard that the alert status for all it's forces in the Pardesi region has now reached GAS-U RED, second highest after shooting war. This is in response to Castille de Italia's irresponsible deployment of visible intercontinental ballistic missiles to a position danger close to the Pardesi region. The Imperial and Royal Ministry for Foreign Affairs have decried this move as wholly irresponsible gaming with nuclear fire, and vowed to wipe Castille off the face of the Earth if Pardes hears as much as a whiff of Castille launching missiles, the Minister herself has strongly urged the Castillan leadership to cease their idiotic overreactions to words and remove all missiles post-haste, otherwise a happy outcome could not be guaranteed.

In other news:
  • "New Belhavia, why are you still following the leadership of immature children?" Asks citizens of the Monarchy.
  • Representatives of the Imperial Government of New Belhavia invited to Vienna to explore options in jointly removing the threats to Pardes

Image Comments| Image E-mail this article
    © The Imperial and Royal Media Association 2013 - All rights reserved
Last edited by Austria-Bohemia-Hungary on Mon May 13, 2013 9:20 am, edited 6 times in total.
The Holy Romangnan Empire of Ostmark
something something the sole legitimate Austria-Hungary larp'er on NS :3

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

Belfras
Ambassador

Postby Belfras » Mon May 13, 2013 9:57 am

BNN International
Pardesi-ACA news

PM gives Castillian forces warning
"Castillians have crossed the line" says PM
The Prime Minister was critical of Castillian policy and promises a similar response.

Isn Deslen, Belfras - In possibly one of the most heated statements issued by Prime Minister Davies, we were all called into the conference room with the promise of an international headline. We certainly received more than we bargained for. During the statement Davies refused to mention the Anti-Communist Alliance, but rather singled out Castille de Italia.

"Castillian forces are coming to the waters just outside of Pardesi territory, and they think it makes it better." he began. "They're sending a ballistic-missile carrying fleet that can, apparently, strike any target within Pardes. This is a blatant act of aggression that needs to be dealt with in similar nature. Until now the so-called 'War of Words' had been just that, a rhetorical conflict. The Castillians have escalated this by actively bringing nuclear weapons to our homes. It is quite clear that the Castillian government desires a war with the entirety of Pardes, as this threat is not angled toward any particular nation but to the region as a whole." Davies appeared eager to emphasize the need for a joint response to this threat to the safety of Pardesian citizens.

"I am appealing to all nations within Pardes to unite behind this new endeavor of ours. The Castillian forces outside of Pardesi waters are clear in their intent to terrorize our citizens for no valid reason. This is something we cannot and will not tolerate. The Castillians must withdraw these forces immediately as they have no other purpose to serve but to preempt an invasion of our region. Should they refuse or simply ignore this warning, forces will be dispatched to intercept the Castillian forces. They've started a real, tangible conflict with this act of aggression. They can either withdraw their forces or be the responsible party to a shooting war."

"To the crews aboard the Castillian ships that now terrorize our citizens with the threat of annihilation, I say to you this. Appeal to your commanders to bring you home, for all of our sakes." Davies then abruptly walked off without answering any of our questions.

It seems highly possibly that the forces that would intercept the Castillians be the formations that make up Warfleet Trident, a colossal armada that is comprised of the first five fleets of the Belfrasian Navy. Warfleet Trident was proposed and accepted as an emergency plan in the event of a conflict in order to project the largest force possible. While the strategy in 1998 called for the deployment of close to 200 warships, it is unknown how many vessels would be successfully utilized in this actual deployment, should it occur.

Live coverage of this story will follow.

Hannah Montell-Wright reported on this in Isn Delsen with the assistance of her junior correspondents and members of the Parliaments news team.
    Image Comments [ DISABLED ] | Image E-mail this article

Pravengria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Pravengria » Mon May 13, 2013 11:31 am

ICBMs being ready for transport from Central 6 facilities

Pravengria follows suite from Belfras against CdI

Saxonopl', Pravengria- His Majesty has approved the order to have DEFCON 2 for all forward missile bases in the Commonwealth, following the announcement of the Castillians deploying a fleet with what is believed to be MRBMs. Yesterday, CdI through their media outlet stated that three fleets were moving 'outside of Pardes, to act as missiles deterrents' reports by the Castillians say the fleet(s) are nuclear capable.

Belfras has issued a warning to have the fleets remove themselves or face attack by the Warfleet Trident, the Belfrasian Armada. In an emergency Press Conference, the decision was made for missile bases in all members of the Commonwealth to be put on DEFCON 2 status. The missiles that had been deployed by Pravengria have now been switched out with ICBMs. Supreme Admiral Shakarty who is in control of the Ilopl' fleet was ordered to be dispatched to the Central Ocean, the Ilopl' fleet has 9 nuclear submarines capable of launching MRBMs and ICBMs.

Following the sudden rash of tensions, that have provoked alerts across Pardes, Central 6, the central command for all military operations in Pravengria released a statement minutes after the DEFCON 2 status, which although is played by a robotic voice shows the danger of the situation.

''DEFCON 2 has been initiated for all forward missile bases. DEFSAT is online and monitoring for any change in stance on CdI or Prussia. At 23:05, PADS and ARMSAT were activated prompting the ability to mount a massive nuclear strike on that of Castillian fleets outside of Pardes; Prussian capital Berlin; Numerous cities in Prussia; Numerous cities in Castille de Italiana. At 24:01, Secondary Launch Silos were put online with Inter Continental Ballistic Missiles. At 24:45, Primary Launch Silos were put online with Inter Continental Ballistic Missiles. At 24:50, ACTP was put online.

Currently no stance has changed regarding nuclear weapons from Prussia or CdI. It is advised that in case of attack, all personnel be briefed on the correct cautions and facilities to head to in order to avoid possible fatalities.''

The message which repeats for about four minutes was broadcasted not long after the order for the Pravene Nuclear Defense Protocol was put into affect. The missiles are capable of hitting targets around the globe. Central 6 is not releasing any information as to the type, or number or even yield of the warheads but is ensuring that they are a 'reactionary' measure incase of an enemy launch. Being at DEFCON 2 means that all military forces are on stand-by, selected airforce units can be deployed within 15 minutes of attack. We will continue to keep you informed as we hear more.

Image Comments/Commientes| Image E-mail this article/Sendar Articulo du Mensaj
    © Le Federau Enformacione Union 2013-Toate Ritas Conserbido
Foreign Affairs
CyberSel Group

Virana
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Virana » Mon May 13, 2013 11:38 am

[OOC: Apologizing for pushing for war, but still putting nuclear-armed vessels right outside region.

Yep, I'm really buying that man.

People need to learn that they will have enemies that they can't do shit about, and that they don't have the power to treat everyone like America can treat a third world shithole.]
Last edited by Virana on Mon May 13, 2013 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
II Mentor specializing in MT and GE&T. If you need help, TG me, visit our thread, or join our IRC channel, #NSMentors on irc.esper.net!

Itailian Maifias
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 15, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Itailian Maifias » Mon May 13, 2013 1:04 pm

New Secretary of Defense Appointed; Ramps up anti-ACA actions

Secretary Helena Justinia Zonara - " Itailia will not allow nuclear conflict or regional bullying by Castillians"

Evening Star 24, 2E69| By: Marius Pestorianus

Archon Evelin addressing the public from her personal office across from the Palazzo di Archos

EBONAERVON- Following the revelation by higher ups in the Castillian government that the Castillian military had deployed four fleets to the immediate area just outside of Pardes, including a ballistic fleet intended to "act as a missile deterence", a deterence that Itailians know all too well doesn't entirely work as many hope it would. Additionally, Castillian officials also reported that all fleets would "have enough supplies to sustain an invasion."

Promptly following this remarks that were reported internationally on both Castillian and non-Castillian news agencies, Itailian stock markets fell by twenty points as the Empire is facing the first serious nuclear threat since the Hardenburgh Nuclear Crisis that devestated the Empire just over a decade ago. Archon Evelin meet with an already convened emergency session of Congress and exited a few moments later for a short press release to allow a small statement and no questions. " My fellow Itailians, no matter where you are, from Valeryth to New Firenze and Danzig, all of us are now faced with the glowing reality that in the coming hours, our existence may be terminated by the arrogant children known as the Castillans who flout around weapons that should not even exist. My administration and this office has been calling for peace summits since we became involved, intent on resolving this like honorable individuals, however this blatant near declaration of war by the Castillians upon Pardes can no longer be ignored by my office, nor this Empire. Therefore, from this moment on, the Empire will be going to DEFCON 2 and the Augustus Anti-Ballistic Missile Defense Network [AABMDN] installed twelve years ago around this Empire has been activated. I will be re-convening with your duly elected Representatives and Senators to discuss and more powerful and legal action to respond with against this bellicose threat, and rest assured, you will have my answer by tonight."

Helena Justinia Zonara, acting Secretary of Defense for the last four months

Rumors are swirling around the capital that there are only two reasons for Archon Evelin extending the emergency session; for getting Congressional, and more importantly public backing, approval for a military response against the agressive actions taken by an ACA member, and also for getting Congress to bypass two more months of confirmation hearings and approve Helena Justinia Zonara, formerly a Commander in the Itailian Air Force, as the new Secretary of Defense, a position vacated by James Venenzio when he was impeached by the Senate for charges of public corruption. Many pundits have been critical of Zonara's appointment, stating she was too "warhawkish" for the office, an office needing a suitable candidate ready to lead Imperial forces in a time of peace, at least for the moment. She's faced severe opposition from the Modernist Party, which despite it's small majority, controls key positions on Tribunals, extending the confirmation process. Helena has been quiet on the actions so far, except today when she followed up Archon Evelin's speech with a small statement of her own. " This Empire has never tolerated nuclear warfare, and the Hardenburgh Nuclear Crisis reaffirmed that idealogical belief. Nuclear weapons serve no end, except the mindless destruction of millions of souls and the degradation of the human race. I, nay this Empire, will not allow nuclear warfare, not here, not ever."

MORE IN ITAILIA
  • Senate election campaigns to begin soon [345982134]
  • Mascalene United oil tanker stopped and searched at the port of Valeryth [ 1349752 ]
    Image Comments [ 56765008 ] | Image E-mail this article
    © Imperial Broadcasting Corporation
The Kingdom of Hibernia [FT]| The Empire of Britain [E2] | The Kappan Dominion [SWG]
Your Local Peculiarity in the Southern Beta Quadrant
" You hypocritical Venetian bastard "
" Intentions pave a certain road, outcomes are what matter."
For Minnysota
Come here ya' Frenchie. The only Viking fan I ever liked.
For Reformed Britannia
Remember, remember the Plight of Sir Roberts
For Gibet
Vorwärts Für Immer

Estovakiva
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Estovakiva » Mon May 13, 2013 1:42 pm

TVNP International
Pardesi-ACA news

Estovakiva Supports Region
"A stern warning from the region" says High Admiral
09-MAY-2013 | Freja Olaffssen (@FrejaOlaffsen) (TVNP)
High Admiral Steingrímur "We shall respond in kind"

Naval Base Skjord, Estovakiva - In perhaps one of the few times nation`s in Pardes have united against a common nuclear threat coming from the nation of Castille de Italia, the Volostovian reports as High Admiral Steingrímur criticizes Castille de Italia and warns that the Stratocratic Federation shall respond in kind.

"For too long, has Estovakiva remained silent and tolerated the sabre rattling going on, but with Castillian forces coming to the waters just outside of Pardesi territory as remarked by Prime Minister Davies of Belfras and with a ballistic-missile carrying fleet that can, apparently, strike any target within Pardes with them as well. The stratocratic Federation strongly agrees with our regional neighbors and brothers that this is indeed a blatant act of agression that shall and will be dealt with in similar nature. We have monitored this "War of Words" since the begining and we are appaled that a nation has escelated a rhetorical conflict, into something which endangers the regional safety of our region, Pardes, by bringing nuclear weapons to our lawn, acording to our Belfras friends it is clear that the Castillian government desires a war with the entirety of Pardes, and by Odin, they shall have it." High Admiral Steingrímur seemed to talk out by a well-writen script which appears to follow the Belfrasian PM`s wording urging for a joint response.

"The Stratocratic Federation of Estovakiva shall unite its arms with Belfras, in their endeavor. Our tolerance stops now as Castillian forces with unknown intentions are being deployed outside our region with WMDs, we classify this as fleets with high-alpha attack capability which can launch pre-emptive attacks at our region at will, both conventional and nuclear. A major threat to the region which we cannot and will absolutely not tolerate, as said by our Belfrasian comrades the Castillians must withdraw these forces immediately as such forces have no other purpose but to bring terror to our region. Should they refuse or simply ignore the warnings, from us and the Belfrasians. The full might of Warfleet Jörmungandr shall aid the Belfrasians in the interception of the Castillian forces. They can withdraw their forces or suffer the grave consequences that such foolish actions carry." The interview was then suddenly over as the FSB guard detail esorted the Volosotvian`s reporters out of the premises.

Acording to sources from the Estovakivan Federation Navy, Warfleet Jörmungandr is the most battle-capeable and strongest Warfleet of the Federation, as it consists of various other fleets and is used for total naval domination, its exact size or composition is unknown to the public.

Reported by Freja and her junior correspondents with the asistance of The Federal Security Service

Image Comments [ DISABLED ] | Image E-mail this article
©The Volostovian Newspaper(TVNP) 2013

Last edited by Estovakiva on Mon May 13, 2013 3:15 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Tehraan
Minister

Founded: Nov 29, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Tehraan » Mon May 13, 2013 2:03 pm

TCTV International

Castillian Navy sends fleets toward Pardes
The Hegemonic Union responds
A weapon cannot substitute for the will of man. (The Union's eternal victory)

Peace and Brotherhood

Picture of surfaced Darekan class leaving Tehraanian territorial waters

As the rhetoric spewed forth by Pardesi and ACA members continues to resonate through the region. The Castillian government and it subservient military, failing to observe reservation towards military action have dispatched several fleets capable of attacking Pardesi states, either through invasion or a nuclear first strike. The Castellian government officially holds the policy as 'peacekeeping'. It is the usual double-speak that can only be described as the threat of military force, which is the quintessential aspect of military control over foreign states.

Naturally, Pardes cannot abide, despite our best intentions to ignore such a clear provocation directed against our freedom and security. Despite previous attempts at negotiation by the HU and various other parties, little progress has been made as the fast majority has landed on deaf ears. In response to the impulsive act, the King of Belfras has called upon a joint counter operation to force the extra-regional aggressors from regional waters.

Minister of Foreign Affairs Mitalref Lraga, has with deepest regret addressed the issue to the hearing comity of the corporate & state counsel. Who were dismayed at hearing the diplomatic missive had been ignored. The foreign ministry stated that they sorely condemn the actions of Emmeria, Pravengria and Rodarion in irresponsibly provoking the extra-regional forces to move on Pardes, actions that served no other purpose than continuously escalate the situation. The foreign ministry added that the Hegemonic Union will hold all three parties equally (as the ACA) accountable for any subsequent damage that might result from this crisis.

Military spoke persons have confirmed evidence that the ballistic missile submarine fleet, armed with extra-regional missiles had been deployed into the ocean and that the ground based arsenal of Tsefa-1 extra-regional missiles have been brought to a state of readiness to counter force the nuclear threat. Citizens have been advised to remain calm as the actual likelihood of a nuclear exchange remains low, despite the heavy handedness.

Echoing the Belfrasian initiative, the Unified Navy has deployed two Task force fleets containing a number of surface groups alongside an unspecified number of nuclear attack submarines each to aid the Belfrasian war fleet Trident, together with other Pardesi naval forces. No other information has been released on this subject matter, but it is believed the joint armada is set to meet the aggressor outside of the Pardesi regional waters.

Image E-mail this article
    © Tehraan Central Television 2013
Last edited by Tehraan on Mon May 13, 2013 3:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Itailian Maifias
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 15, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Itailian Maifias » Mon May 13, 2013 2:29 pm

Secretary Zonara Confirmed; Deployes Fleet to Intercept Castilla

INS Everdeen, a Longsword-class spotted leaving Pardes

Evening Star 24, 2E69| By: Marius Pestorianus

Secretary Helena Justinia Zonara, at the press conferece

EBONAERVON-

In a not so shocking move, just one hour following the two press releases by the Archon and her acting head of the Department of Defense, the duration of the emergency session expired and Consul Gregory Telimoni announced that Congress confirmed Helena Justinia Zonara as the 6th Secretary of Defense of the Empire and that it had approved the use of military actions against the nation of Castilla de Italia in response to their movement of nuclear capable weaponry in the vicinity of the region of Pardes.

Just moments after she was confirmed, Secretary Zonara announced that she was deploying a group of warships, of an unconfirmed or reported number, to intercept the Castillan fleet and "to stop the usage of nuclear weaponry at any cost." She also stated that all Itailian conections to Castilla were being closed and all Imperial citizens there were being advised to return home immediately. It was reported by a local fishing corporation that the INS Everdeen, the Longsword-class warship stationed at Etrucia was seen exiting the region of Pardes just an hour previously, followed by a group of what appeared to be several escorts and more than likely, submarines as well underneath the surface.

MORE IN ITAILIA
  • Justicar's hit record high signups [345982134]
  • Mascalene United oil tanker stopped and searched at the port of Valeryth [ 1349752 ]
    Image Comments [ 56765008 ] | Image E-mail this article
    © Imperial Broadcasting Corporation
The Kingdom of Hibernia [FT]| The Empire of Britain [E2] | The Kappan Dominion [SWG]
Your Local Peculiarity in the Southern Beta Quadrant
" You hypocritical Venetian bastard "
" Intentions pave a certain road, outcomes are what matter."
For Minnysota
Come here ya' Frenchie. The only Viking fan I ever liked.
For Reformed Britannia
Remember, remember the Plight of Sir Roberts
For Gibet
Vorwärts Für Immer

Rodarion
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Rodarion » Mon May 13, 2013 3:02 pm

Papal Republic of Rodarion Broadcasting

Delivering God's message through truth of the world's events

13 May, 2013

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Military raises alert status to Alpha 1

Thousands attend the late mass in the pouring rain

His Holiness - "Let us pray for peace, surely the ACA will not go so far as to bring nuclear hellstorms upon man, I pray that the devils give way to sanity".

In one of the most dramatic scenes to ever grace the stones of Saint Peter's Square, over 60,000 people attended a sudden and sombre mass led by His Holiness himself. Thousands prayed with him, pounded by the heavy showers. In his speech, Pope Pius III declared that the Papal Republic had raised its national alert status to Alpha 1, the highest and the first time done so since 2003 with the outbreak of war with the Islamic Social Republic. The alert status was risen in response to the news that Castille had deployed nuclear armed submarines at the edge of Pardes, prompting a major nuclear escalation in current tensions with the ACA.

As such the Minister of State Defence and Security Corneliu Banciu gave a swift and solemn press conference an hour before the mass outside the Vatican, in which he declared "We have discussed the situation with his Holiness and the Sacred College Committee, as such we have agreed to up our alert status to Alpha 1, war is a serious possibility and due to the current nature of tensions, we have decided to place our nuclear forces on high alert, at one command they can be readied and launched in 40 minutes, I hope the ACA is watching and I hope they reign in the mad dog Victoria Meade".

At the mass his Holiness made a strong and heartfelt appeal to the ACA leadership through prayer.

"Let us pray for peace, surely the ACA will not go so far as to bring nuclear hellstorms upon man, I pray that the devils give way to sanity, I pray that they recognise the fact of what they are doing. They chose to ignore this grand region's simple demands and decided to face off this region with the threat of weapons of horrific nature, if they wish to turn our nations into hellish wastelands let them, but let us pray that they know, the Papal Republic does not fear death, for our servitude to the lord has been ceaseless and undying, we shall all be welcomed into heaven as defenders of his faith. Let us pray that they know that should they assault the Papal Republic with such monstrous weapons will not hesitate one second to reply in kind, let us pray that they know that we all welcome death as to die in the name of the lord is to die an honourable death, a death equal to Saint Peter himself.

Let us pray for peace so that the ACA nations are saved from their own evil deeds, let us pray that peace prevails so that the people of ACA nations are not dragged down into hellfire with their leaders, because they should know that if they pull us down into hellfire we will take them down with us".

Thousands of people reportedly sobbed as the atmosphere of the mass turned to sombre, Cardinals lining the balcony behind the Pope looked saddened by the current state of affairs, thousands of leaflets have been distributed by the Papal Information Department, calling on Rodarians to pray for peace and to pray for forgiveness should tensions escalate further. The Office of Church Records has stated that since the Castallians deployed their nuclear armed submarines over 3.5 million people have confessed in Churches across the Papal Republic. President Ceausescu and Vice President Petru Olmescu both tweeted the same thing, "Confessed my sins, preparing to meet the Lord, praying for peace and brotherhood".

Schools across the Papal Republic reportedly halted all lessons and took all students into mass for the entire school day. Teachers and School Chaplins led students in prayers for peace and mercy ahead of the possible nuclear holocaust that would result in further foolish acts by Castille.

Asking ordinary Rodarians on the streets of Oradea, we found that many people believed that nuclear war was a strong possibility. "I think it will happen, we just need to prepare ourselves for it. I know il prepare my children" said one woman. "They know they can't f***k around with nukes, its mad. Il pray that they see true" said a man in his early 20s.

"This may be the end of all we know dear friends, the end of our land and our existence. But know this, if this is the case, we will retaliate against these circles of satanic servants. If they feel so bold as to prepare to use such weapons then they must be willing to face the concequences, they will face one thing and one thing only, eternal damnation, let them burn for eternity in the fire and brimstone of hell, let them wollow the circles of hell, let them be tortured and tormented by Lucifer and his hosts, let them burn and let them drag down their people with them. My message to the ACA peoples, if you fire one nuclear device at any Pardesian nation, we shall respond in kind, we will bomb you city by city and ever more terribly in order to make it impossible for you to survive under God's gaze, let the ACA leaders take you down with them if you will" a bold threat by his Holiness.

One Papal Army official has stated informally that "Rodarion's first nuke will landing on top of the b*****d Castallian Pope, let him burn in enternal damnation". Anti-Castille protests have also erupted across the Papal Republic, joining street mass groups and repentance marches. With the deployment of Rodarian nuclear armed submarines to the Central Sea and the readiness of land based ICBM stations, Rodarion has followed Belfras and Pravengria in meeting Castille's escalation. According to the Office of the Papal Army, preparations for nuclear attack infrastructure is going ahead as planned.

"If this is indeed the end, let us welcome it as a nation, as a singular family as a covenant under God. Let us pray for one another, let us pray for loved ones, friends and neighbours and for strangers. Let us pray for the countless millions that lay under the cloud of ACA insanity and satanic influences, if this is indeed the end, I welcome it because I have lived a good Christian life and I have nothing to fear, I pray you all do to, amen" Pope Pius' final statement.

National Headlines:
- Fear grips Rodarian Society, but faith will protect us
- Papal Army increases presence on streets against ACA threat

International Headlines:
- Belfras and Pravengria up their alert statuses
- Castille - The Harbinger of Death
- President Ceausescu calls for Pardesian Cooperation

COMMENTS
Are disabled for this article
Comments (0)
Last edited by Rodarion on Mon May 13, 2013 3:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Eslovakia
Ambassador

Founded: May 04, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Eslovakia » Mon May 13, 2013 3:41 pm

███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
Some good info on Sweden
Birkaine wrote:Idiots who are not only aware of their idiocy but hell bent on keeping it regardless of how much disruption they cause deserve to eat a dick
Birkaine wrote:How about we have a thread that's just about some guy getting a back alley handjob from a New Delhi whore but we write it in such technical and obtuse language that the mods won't notice? First one to get banned loses.

Birkaine wrote:Are you seriously trying to turn this into a conversation on whether or not you're a human?
2QTBSTR8 ~ oHai thar! ~ I'm Bisexual, for LGBT rights and this is how I live my life regardless of other peoples opinions.
If you support LGBT rights, feel free to add this to your signature ~~~ヾ(^∇^)

Castille de Italia
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Castille de Italia » Mon May 13, 2013 3:50 pm

Pictured: Imperial Marines on the deck of the ICN Perseverance

Pardes Pushes Against Castille de Italia
Several Pardesian Nations Threaten War Against the Empire
May 13th, 2013, 4:05 PM EST by Julius Flavius, CNN Journalist

The Imperial High Command stated two days ago that it would send several fleets outside Pardes, to provide as a security measure and a missile deterrence system, should a war break out in Pardes. Today, it stated that these fleets will not be entering Pardes, but they will be outside the region, engaging in military readiness exercises. It stated that there will be no ICBMs, as the Fourth Imperial Ballistic Command Fleet will not be taking part, near the region, and that all nuclear testing is being done in the Empire's territory in Haven.

The combined fleets, which have not yet left port, will not be entering the region at all, due to the stress on international relations it would cause. "We've already received countless threats from Pardesian nations who don't want a Castillian fleet in the region. There's a Belhavian fleet currently in Pardes, and we believe that's enough," a spokesperson for the Department of Defense said.

The military readiness exercises, will consist of invasion landing drills, air combat, and naval warfare. Concerning Pardesian concern of the exercises, the Imperial High Command stated that no commercial shipping will be harassed and that no incidents should occur, unless provoked.

Political pundit Aurelius Aranus denounced the Imperial High Command's decision to send a fleet this close to Pardes, stating that "It's a terrible idea to send ships in now, as there is a cold war in Pardes. They think there will be ICBMs! We need to reevaluate our position in the Pardesian Crisis." The Imperial High Command again assured Pardes that there will be no conflict.

In other news, the Imperial government dismissed the threats made by the Holy Roman Empire, who was the first to threaten to use military action against the Castillian Empire. Chancellor Mede said that it was a "minor irritant, who is hardly relevant on the global stage." Pope Innocent X also slammed Rodarion Pope Pius III, claiming him to be "the living anti-Pope, who may also very well be the anti-Christ."

Pardes continues to heat up.

TOP STORIES ABOUT PARDES IN TROUBLE
  • Rhetoric and Lies from the Holy Roman Empire [ 1,437 ]
  • Pope Denounces Pope [ 3,226 ]
  • Pardes Will End Up In War [ 2,092 ]
    Image Comments [ 8,987 ] | Image E-mail this article
    Castillian News Network 2013, All Rights Reserved, Imperial News Bureaucracy
Last edited by Castille de Italia on Mon May 13, 2013 4:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Belfras
Ambassador

Postby Belfras » Mon May 13, 2013 4:05 pm

[OOC] REMOVED with thanks to Cdl
Last edited by Belfras on Tue May 14, 2013 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Virana
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Virana » Mon May 13, 2013 4:52 pm

Mod edit: Ok, this went way over the line. While we allow for a bit more than strictly PG-13 when it comes to the RPs, this was neither necessary or conductive. While we also allow for satire, this also cannot use that as a fig leaf. Trans has reported that you were willing to remove this and you of course have no prior run ins with Moderation. In light of that, I will NOT issue you a formal warning, but we do want you aware that we are not happy with this, you went way past the line and it could have well resulted in a warning. Consider the rolled up newspaper very firmly applied and that notice has been given to not do this again. -NERVUN
Last edited by NERVUN on Mon May 13, 2013 6:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Castille de Italia
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Castille de Italia » Mon May 13, 2013 5:03 pm

CNN Hot Update via Twitter
#ImperialHighCommand: Ships will not be sent to Pardes #TaskForcePardes to stay in ports. #VictoriaMede: "Not a smart move, considering #Belfras and the rest of #Pardes threats against #TaskForcePardes. #PardesCrisis

Prussia-Steinbach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Prussia-Steinbach » Mon May 13, 2013 5:54 pm

PRUSSCORP.
International News Service

PRAVENGRIA CONTINUES TO FABRICATE UNLIKELY TRUTHS - FACT-CHECKERS SAY "NO WAY DO EVEN THEY BELIEVE THIS"

Claus von Achilles, president of the German fact-checking organisation "Die Unverfälschtes Fakten," is skeptical of the vast majority of Pravengrian claims made in the last few weeks

By ROBERT KOHMANN
Published: May 13, 2013

SAXONOPL', Pravengria — Lately, much of the flak generated from the so-called "War of Words" between the Anti-Communism Alliance and anti-ACA nations has been directed at the German Empire, a founding nation of the anti-left league. And much of the flak in general has originated in the Federated Commonwealth of Pravengria, a Pardesian nation located east of Havenwalde and northeast of Estovakiva. Though having been generally considered a minor — but visible — player in international politics for quite some time, the state appears to have determined to set itself up as a superpower — both within its region and the world.

In a series of articles aimed mainly at disparaging the honour and integrity of the German Empire, Pravengria has begun to go so far in its inflammatory rhetoric that they are starting to lose the little respect they may have had from even its Pardesian allies. Calling the German nation a "laughingstock," using comedians and vulgar pseudo-pundits as sources of political commentary and even publishing blatantly racist and bigoted remarks against the entire people they incorrectly categorise as "Prussians," this federation might have gone too far in its rhetoric to fully rescind its arguably out-of-line statements.

On May 11, the Pravengrian NPN (Noveta Praviana Nacionau) news outlet released an article picking apart and analysing a recently-published PrussCorp news release. While making several avoidable mistakes — such as stating that HIM the Kaiser typically spoke in public while protected by a bulletproof barrier, as do most well-known heads of state, and claiming a statement declaring the German Empire did not desire war but would fight in the defence of itself or its allies as a threat of possible nuclear warfare — the media source consistently used overly-casual language and misplaced both commas and apostrophes, both mistakes not typically expected of an internationally-circulated news provider. Childishly engaging in blatant ad hominem against a royal and attacking an entire people as members of the "shallow end of the gene pool," the article was more closely related to an especially virulent, ethnically-intolerant propaganda piece than a legitimate announcement of valid occurrences.

In another article, published May 12, Pravengria falsely claimed to have established a "detente" with the Constitutional Monarchy of New Belhavia, an ACA member state and strong right-wing ally of the German Empire. Citing a recent poll formulated by a Pravengrian professor questioning citizens about their approval of three of the most prominent anti-communist countries in the world today, New Belhavia, "Prussia," and Castille de Italia. The results were, as stated by an anonymous Pravengrian national "Anina," "not surprising." The German Empire — referred to throughout the article as "Prussia" — received the lowest approval rating, at twelve percent. New Belhavia received the highest, at sixty-eight percent. The Castillian rating was unpublished. This announcement of something they apparently consider a major move on the world stage and promoting of an easily-fabricated poll from the easily-tampered-with internet has formulated what the NPP calls a "slap to the face" of "Prussia."

PrussCorp, in response to these numerous allegations Pravengria has made against the German Empire, requested the not-for-profit, independent, volunteer-based Die Unverfälschtes Fakten fact-checking organisation analyse the latest articles of the popular Pravene news source for possible fabrications, exaggerations, and flat-out falsehoods. After delivering a several-page report via the mail, the organisation's head, Claus von Achilles, visited the IPCNS headquarters to be interviewed by PrussCorp reporters. Achilles, a Progressive People's Party member and nobleman who renounced his title and has donated ninety percent of his inherited fortune to various anti-poverty charities around the world, was candid about his view of PrussCorp and the German government. "Let me be clear," he began, as he sat down with reporters in the PrussCorp newsroom. "I am committed to truth, as a man of my profession should be. I do not generally read or watch PrussCorp News, as I find it to be a generally nationally-biased and slightly-opinionated source of information. I believe the government to be staunchly right-wing, despite its liberal advances in some social issues. I do not favour this corporation or its subsidiser. However, as I have stated, I am committed to the truth, and I have come here to share that." Achilles, a freelance journalist for several newspapers in the Empire and abroad before returning to claim his property once his father passed away, has always been known as a well-articulated and honest personality.

The reporters thrust the question upon Achilles immediately: Is Pravengria's Noveta Praviana Nacionau a generally reliable and valid source of news and information? "We have a rating system for newspapers and websites," Achilles said, clasping his hands. "We rate them on a scale of one to twenty, on three categories: Bias, Opinion, and Falsehood. The Bias rating indicates exactly how much a source skews its information to favour its "side"; the Opinion rating indicates how much a source includes opinion in its articles; the Falsehood rating indicates how much the source tells lies in its articles. The higher the number, the more there is, with one being none at all, and twenty being virtually all of it." In the DUF's analysis of PrussCorp News Service, the company received a 15 - 7 - 1 rating.

Achilles brought out an envelope containing a copy of the official results for the NPP. Opening the manila paper casing, he announced its official rating to a hushed press: 16 - 18 - 10.

"I personally worked on this analysis, and believe me, it was thorough," the organisation head said, shaking his slightly. "We hired two proclaimedly biased, for-profit think tanks on both sides of the political spectrum to analyse this in addition to ourselves, to ensure we get cover the issue thoroughly, as we do on many high-profile actions such as this. Their views, surprisingly, weren't that far apart: they had both determined that, in general, the NPN was not the best source of accurate, non-opinionated information."

Achilles began to list several things that stunned him in Pravengrian news articles. "First of all, the racism and below-the-belt personal attacks!" he said, eyes widening. "I mean, news sources are obligated to publish all sides of an issue if they want to be truly informative; but what kind of professional, scholarly political professor says something like 'that nation is like a bastard child', to an international news source? I believe that was counted as a 'falsehood' in our analysis, simply because no one could believe any true member of the intelligentsia would say something so categorically ignorant.

"Their language was also consistently vulgar and overly-inflammatory," he reported. "They used crude metaphors referring to the swinging of phalli, and actually said — yes, the reporters actually said — that 'Prussian' reporters needed to 're-attend school.' They not only accuse journalists of lacking in education, but misreport said reporters' nationality. Overall, it was saddening. I mean, no way do they even believe all of this."

When questioned about the use of logic in the NPN, Achilles continued. "Some of their arguments need work," he said. "They would have more leverage if they stopped making so many assumptions. The majority of their analytical article was just that: assumptions. Luckily, we attributed much of that to Opinion rather than Falsehood. If we had given them to Falsehood, that score would have neared twenty, easily."

He also discussed Germany's apparent lack of strength, as reported by the Pravengrian news outlet. "I am anti-war," Achilles said, stating an opinion definitely not endorsed by the government. "Our government is unashamedly imperialist, and I despise them for it. However, I recognise that, in order to be imperialist, you need military strength; the Empire has that."

So the German Armed Forces are not "weak," as stated by Johan Schwartz, a claimed ex-Austrian citizen?

"No, they are not," Achilles said perplexedly. "We were rather confused by this individual's statement as well. I mean, even German enemies recognise German strength; that is why they are enemies. That was another view we doubted was authentic."

Claus von Achilles was thanked for his time before exiting the building and leaving in his used car. He recently donated five thousand dollars to the PPP's youth wing, and will be speaking at the annual People's Convention in Bonn on May 30.

The attitude in Saxonopl', the capital city of the Federated Republic, toward the "Pardes Crisis" seems to echo the opinion of the NPN. "I am not worried at all about the Prussians," Jimmie Vicente, a Pravengrian road worker said. "Their military barely exists. Their dick-waving's silly, we'd beat them up if they blinked at us." Most other people on the street voiced similar opinions. Whether this is due to misinformation through Pravengrian news sources or formulated, researched opinion, is nearly impossible to tell.

Robert Kohmann reported from Saxonopl'. Eberhard Neuhierl contributed reporting from Berlin.

Image Share this Article Image Tweet this Article Image E-Mail this Article
© 2013 PrussCorp. Corporation

6.990 Comments
Share your thoughts.

dookie888X Bevensen, Hanover
fuck this shit im redin the garlic
4.095 likes
Image Reply Image Like

May 13, 2013 at 6:59 p.m.

Ekkehard F. Berlin, Brandenburg
Seriously, Pravengria is the laughingstock. I had a cousin who studied art there for a semester; some of the people there are deluded enough to think they're a legitimate superpower, but the vast majority of liberal intellectuals know that their nation is a glorified Titianicia. That is, the intellectuals they have left. Most of the citizens left - the ones that haven't skipped the border or been imprisoned for knowing things - are poor comedians and power-hungry C-average students. It's sad.
8.005 likes
Image Reply Image Like

May 13, 2013 at 7:00 p.m.

hookahs4salechep Pillakallen, East Prussia
Hookas for sale, CHEAP!!! http://tinyurl.com/bq45uro BEST HOOKAHS IN THE EMPIRE LIMITED SUPPLY BUY NOOOOOOWWWW
51 likes
Image Reply Image Like

May 13, 2013 at 7:00 p.m.

TOP STORIES RIGHT NOW:
  • Pflanz: "I told you so" [ 5.889 ]
  • Rumours of Tyrranian-German Marriage Continue to Grow [ 11.743 ]
  • Emmerian government goes on "trust-busting" spree, PrussCorp first target [ 5.867 ]
  • PC CEO to UP CEO: "Wanna fight about it?" [ 5.221 ]
Last edited by Prussia-Steinbach on Tue May 14, 2013 3:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do.
The question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. ― William S. Burroughs

Belfras
Ambassador

Postby Belfras » Tue May 14, 2013 3:23 am

BNN International
Pardesi-ACA news

Relief over Castillian decision
"They've done the right thing, the honorable thing." says PM
The Prime Minister expressed relief over the Castillian decision not to send forces that would be stationed just outside of Pardesi waters.

Isn Deslen, Belfras - The Prime Minister was eager this morning to address the recent Castillian decision to not dispatch forces that would take position just outside of Pardesi regional waters. The move, which came after wide-spread condemnation and threats of military action, was warmly received by Mr. Davies and King James.

"[The Castillians] have done the right thing. The honorable thing. The Imperial High Command and Chancellor Victoria Mede both have the thanks of a grateful nation and undoubtedly a grateful region. It is from here that negotiations and, hopefully, a resolution came be birthed. We want to address the concerns they have that would force them into sending an invasion fleet and find a sensible solution that leaves all parties in agreement." Davies continued by saying that "[Warfleet Trident] won't be mobilized, but I have given the order for several flotillas to be mobilized from our stations throughout the region. These flotillas will be on call should any merchant shipping be threatened or placed under attack by anybody within the region. They'll be tuned to the international distress frequency and will respond to any calls that directly ask for their assistance."

Davies was then asked about the cause of the verbal conflict and the possibility of an attack on merchant shipping. "I don't think there will be an attack on merchant shipping, by anyone. Not only would it be an international piracy crime, it'd also give the victims nation valid casus belli to start a war. I can guarantee that Belfrasian naval vessels would neither shadow nor attack merchant shipping from another nation, as it'd be against Belfrasian native law. This force is an in-Pardes bred naval task group that will respond to distress calls specifically asking for Belfrasian assistance. At no other time will they be deployed to distress calls.. Unless, of course, it is of a ship in distress and one of the flotillas is capable of responding quickly."

The Prime Minister was then asked what he was going to be doing in light of this recent relaxation of tensions. "I plan very much to enjoy the golfing trip I had to delay over the weekend." he replied with a grin, "This is a taxing job and some down-time is good for the spirit."

King James also wanted to thank the Castillian government for their restraint and honorable move, but was represented by Aide Robert Hangfast, one of his confidants and one of the highest ranking members of the Palacial staff. Aide Hangfast was clad in the black suit of the staff with red stripes over his shoulders, signifying his position as a Cupbearer. Cupbearers are a position that has gone back several hundred years and means that the staff member is one of the monarchs personal servants.

"King James, first of his name and head of house Achilles, wanted to warmly thank Chancellor Victoria Mede himself, but is unable to because of his ill health of late." Aide Robert Hangfast told reporters. "The restraint and actions undertaken by Chancellor Mede which were reflected in the Imperial High Command are of the highest standard and deserve nothing but praise. His Majesty has also heard that Chancellor Mede is unwell with the Common Cold and wished that, should she still be afflicted with it, that she have a speedy recovery from the ailment."

Image Comments [ 52 ] | Image E-mail this article

Pravengria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Pravengria » Tue May 14, 2013 8:22 am

Foreign Affairs
CyberSel Group

Belfras
Ambassador

Postby Belfras » Tue May 14, 2013 12:04 pm

BNN International
Pardesi-ACA news

Formal celebrations in capital after Castillian withdrawal
"Couldn't have been achieved without our fellow Pardesi nations" King James quoted as saying.
Celebrations were held in Isn Deslen after the Castillian decision not to send forces to the waters outside Pardes.

Isn Deslen, Belfras - Parties are being hosted throughout the capital in formal celebration of the Castillian withdrawal from what was surely a war-starting decision. In a tradition almost five hundred years old, the capital city was formally clad in the yellow and blue stripes previously used to identify the medieval armies of house Achilles during the Unification war. The tradition formally started after the Achilles household took the old city of Isn Deslen, they in turn dressed the city in their houses colors and lead celebrations for a fortnight. Whilst the longevity of these celebrations will surely subside come tomorrow, the mayor of Isn Deslen, Ser Patrick Mournhold, has given bars free license to sell alcohol into the night but reinforced police presence on the streets. He called on people to address the nights celebrations with sensibility and to be mindful that it is a working and school day tomorrow. Warning "Hangovers make even the nicest people into the devil."

The King was represented by his youngest child, Princess Elizabeth in leading a processing to present offerings at the Chapel of the Nine gods. The Princess, clad in her houses colors, presented the pantheon roses and Bloodwine - Wine from the Mountainblood estate that has a strong consistency, gaining its name from its appearance. She was quoted as saying that "The decisions made by our honored friends both across the Inter-regional sea and within Pardes have humbled us."

Prime Minister Ian Davies is due to fly out to Kunarii to begin a two-day golfing trip, but was able to make a final statement in which he praised the actions of "our fellow Pardesi nations." and promised "The actions of their nations governments and people will never be forgotten by Belfrasians. Everybody gathering behind our endeavor helped the honorable Chancellor Mede and her subordinates see the error in this judgement and allowed them to correct it, leaving us all at a situation we can be happy with."

Davies continued his praise for his fellow Pardesi leaders. "Without the support of the governments of Emmeria, Pravengria, Estovakiva, Tehraan, the Holy Roman Empire, and Itailia, we surely would not have gotten this mutually beneficial agreement. Despite our recent disagreements with our southern neighbors of Rodarion, we also thank them for their actions. Together we have shown the entire world what Pardesi people can do when united behind a common cause. Together, my friends, we shall usher in a brighter era for our region than previously thought possible."

Image Comments [ 52 ] | Image E-mail this article

Rodarion
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Rodarion » Tue May 14, 2013 12:54 pm

Papal Republic of Rodarion Broadcasting

Delivering God's message through truth of the world's events

13 May, 2013

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Nation celebrates but government remains cautious

President Ceausescu during his nationwide address

President Ceausescu - "Our prayers for peace were answered, but you can't trust snakes, for they will manipulate you and those around you, hence we will not budge from our view towards the ACA".

In a national televised address to the nation, President Octavian Ceausescu declared that the Castillians had decided not to go ahead with their planned deployments of naval fleets and nuclear armed submarines, greatly calming the possible nuclear confrontation. However the President went on to say that unlike other Pardesian nations, Rodarion will not fool victim for premature overtures of a detente. "I thank the lord for delievering peace through the Castillian decision to back down, but although this is a great act by the Lord we cannot trust the snakes within the ACA meadow, if we look at the story of Adam and Eve they were decieved by a snake and I do believe, as does this government that the ACA is a council of snakes who manipulate and lie their way to success".

Although the government and military reduced the national alert status to Alpha 2, the government has stated that its readiness to respond to any further ACA escalation will remain that of swiftness and deadly percision. All Rodarian nuclear forces have backed down, however the military confirmed that it will ready all forces should the government order it. As such the Rodarian Military remains the only one in Pardes for the moment, the only one prepared for a sudden return to direct escalation.

"Our prayers for peace and harmony were answered, but reconciliation is not an option. We do not and will never trust an organisation built to fight communism that treats equally anti-communist nations as such communist nations. They have no reason to be here, we Rodarians despise communism and have fought valiantly against its vile tenets, so why does the ACA continue its hostile acts of incursion and manipulation. Leave it is simple, we are not threat to you, leave. But they have not and so you cannot trust them. We do not trust them, we will remain vigilant, watching their every move. And I make this vow as President, one foul move and we will return to Alpha 1 and we will deploy our nuclear forces" President Ceausescu continued.

Rodarion became a nuclear power in 1983 following the successful 'Blazing Cross' test in Parenare. Since then Rodarion has become a major nuclear power possessing close to 900 nuclear warheads.

Despite the President's call to the ACA to stop its actions, thousands of people across the Papal Republic left work and celebrated in the streets and the major squares of every major city. One celebration in Constanţine saw 100,000 people sing hymns and patriotic songs together in complete harmony. Hundreds of thousands of messages of peace have been uploaded to state sanctioned social networking sites, with one accepted tweet say, '#PeaceinPardes at last'.

However others were sceptical about the current situation, one woman in Voluntari said, "I think its a ruse, I wouldn't put it passed them, I just want this to be over, Rodarion has enough to deal with the Social State and Premislyd, let alone the ACA on our doorstep". Similar calls have been made by MPs, who have called for Rodarion to make itself neutral in the ongoing crisis, with even several cabinet ministers calling for a withdrawal of the Papal Republic from the crisis. Minister of Agricultural and Fishery Affairs, Ioanna Testescu stated, "I personally believe that the Papal Republic should be neutral in this affair, the ACA has not directly threaten us in anyway, we're drawing their gaze on our own accord and its dangerous".

Several members of the Sacred College have also raised concerns over Rodarion's involvement in the crisis with the ACA. Some popular figures within society have also criticised Rodarion's policy towards the ACA. Such criticism and protest has lead to several ministers in cabinet reportedly pressuring President Ceausescu to put the debate to a formal session of Parliament. To which he mentioned in his address.
Thousands celebrate in Radu Ibasecu Square

"There have been numerous calls within Rodarion and its legislature to debate our involvement with the ACA as a whole, I accept the these calls, I understand the worries but the truth is, we cannot abandon our neighbours to the predatory and vicious grip of the ACA. We may not agree with Belfras, but we need them in this situation and I thank them as Prime Minister Davies did, for all their help and cooperation, In short I see this crisis as a major stepping stone for Pardesian peace. I do aim to see relations between the Kingdom of Belfras and the Papal Republic to improve relations in face of this looming evil".

A political analyst from Oured stated, "That should Rodarion decied to become neutral in the ongoing crisis, Pardes may lose one of its most important defenders, Rodarion is the face of Anti-ACA sentiments in Pardes in my opinion, they may have issues with pretty much every state in Pardes, but they're proud Pardesians. We can't let them give way now, we all need to stand united and we need the Rodarion link in the Pardesian chain".

Should the President recieved a Papal order to debate the Papal Republic's inolvement, many commentators in Rodarion believe that the vote would lead to one thing, Rodarian neutrality. Hence for the sake of Pardesian unity and a chance to mend relations with Pardesian states through cooperation, President Ceausescu may remain firm on his decision not to hold a debate, fearing the result of a vote.

National Headlines:
- Celebrations erupt across Rodarion
- How close did war really come?

International Headlines:
- Celebrations in Belfras
- Rodarian and Belfrasian citizens celebrate together along the border

COMMENTS
Are disabled for this article
Comments (0)
"Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

PreviousNext

Advertisement