NATION

PASSWORD

World Cup of Hockey 11 (Rosters/RPs/Scores)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 17, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Qazox » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:47 pm

Don't read too much into it, but Qazox' secondary squad (consisting mostly of 18-19 year olds) lost to the Fanboyists 3-0. Why shouldn't anyone read too much into it? The team arrived in QoD just 4 hours before face-off and arrived at the arena just 20 minutes before the face-off. So factor in the 15-hour flight, the 6 hour delay in taeshan, the 3 hour layover in Krytenia, and insane amounts of traffic in Highmark City, The team was all but worn out before the game. Luckily tonight they get a chance to rest before facing Tocrowkia tommorrow.

Scoring Summary
First Period
(FNB) 9:31 - Andicek goal, Oevachkun assist (1-0, Fanboyists)
Second Period
(FNB) 1:16 - Oevachkun goal, Andicek assist (2-0, Fanboyists)
Third Period
(FNB) 2:41 - Maarks goal, Braannur assist (3-0, Fanboyists)
Wikipage/Qazox National Football Team
Qualified for World Cups 31, 33, 35-50, 54-59, 61, 62. Runners-up: CoH 52
Baptism of Fire 44 (w/Mangolana); World Baseball Classics 1, 4, 5, 10, 13 and 23; World Cup of Hockey 7 and 14; World Bowls IV & IX; IBC X; Baptism of Iron III and VIII; NSCAA Tourney II, III (conferences/regionals), The OXEN Cup; the TOUR de QAZOX, Qazoxian Sports Festival and NS X-Games/Winter X-Games I.
World Cups of Hockey 4 & 6; World Baseball Classics 6, 8 and 9, World Bowls 3 and XXI; Draggonnii Inviyatii V, IBC XI
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

Tocrowkia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 13, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Tocrowkia » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:08 pm

NordicNation.net

World Cup of Hockey 11 coverage

Code: Select all
           1 2 3  F
ROY        0 1 0  1
TOC       2 1 1  4

Goalscorers:
Audrey Haviland (1:24 in 1st)
Audrey Haviland (5:12 in 1st)
Katharine Eisermann (2:32 in 2nd)
Viktoria Moehle (5:45 in 3rd)

An impressive victory, but the tune of 4-1 was notched in the opening game of the 11th World Cup of Hockey. Buoyed by an Audrey Haviland outburst in the first period and a strong goaltending performance from Adrian Lais, the Nordics cruised in their first game of this new Frozen Cup. And seeing as this is a team that has a lot of confidence after winning the 1st Pheonix Cup in Qazox, more strong performances can be expected.

((OOC: Again, sorry for the short post. I've gotta get up early tommorow.))
[Member of the Hermes Alliance] - [Member of the Coalition] - Tocrowkia WIKI (Constant WIP. Check back all the time for new info)

General Information:
Title: The Liberal Neo-Imperial Reich of Tocrowkia (MT), the Interstellar Reich of Tocrowkia (FT)

Under the auspices of: Steward Seth Mahone (MT), Stewardess Amelie Chaste (FT)
Style: Your Grace. e.g. His Grace, Steward Mahone. Her Grace, Stewardess Amelie Chaste.

Official Language: Neo-Gothic

Demonym Tocrowkian
Sporting information:
~Nordic Nation~

Titles: WBC 11, Keisler Cup I U-21, 1st Pheonix Cup, World Bowl IX
Leaders (Head coaches, Managers, etc): Paul Rudolf (Baseball), Vincenz Roehler (Gridiron), Justin Michahelles (Hockey), Richard Gottberg (LaCrosse), Jonas Haker (Basketball)

Eizen
Spokesperson

Founded: Antiquity
Corporate Police State

Postby Eizen » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:49 pm

HEre's what various TV shows and personalities are saying about the Eizen National Hockey Team

SOUNDSTATION: THE FIRST...AND BEST...MUSIC CHANNEL IN EIZEN

"Over the last two weeks we've been asking for you, the viewer's, opinion on what the theme song should be for the Eizen National Team as they compete in the World Cup of Hockey. Several of the most famous bands in the Empire have submitted their entries for a chance for their song to become the offical anthem for the State Hockey Consortium, the financial benefits involved, and a chance to play their song live in concert at the opening game of the Pinnacle League Season.

We had literally dozens of selections that made the cut, here were the top five vote getters in no particular order:

"WORLD BEATERS" By Brother Slaughterer
"NOTHING ELSE BUT VICTORY" By Lunar Cry
"ON FROZEN SHEETS OF BLOOD" By Stahlfaust
"STICK THIS" By The Eulogies
"PUCK OFF" By The Euphemisms

We'll be announcing the winners soon, so get online to our website at GEE.SOUNDSTATIONTV.EIZ and vote now!

CHUCKLECHANNEL...With a name so lame you know we take our humor seriously!

"So did we send our best hockey players? Or did we just find the AA meeting with the biggest guys in it and give them skates? Okay I know they're some of the best athletes we have to offer, but the impression that our guys are giving people from other countries, they're going to think everyone from Eizen is a hard drinking deviant who'll break your jaw first chance he gets...Granted if a foreigner were to walk through our audience he'd get the same impression!

*Wild cheers and applause from the audience*

Well I do wish our boys luck and I hope they come away with more wins than paternity suits.

SNACKTV...We never feel guilty about what we eat!

Now if you're watching the games coming up, and I know I am, you gotta make sure you have the right snacks. The Eizen Horseshoe is the ultimate gametime entree for hungry fans at your get together!

Ingredients
1 (9 ounce) bag frozen french fries
1 pound ground beef
4 slices bread, toasted
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups half-and-half
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
salt and ground black pepper to taste

Optional Ingreidents include:
-Hot Sauce to taste
-Bacon
-Jalapenos
-Mushrooms
-Other Vegetables

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Spread french fries out on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown. Meanwhile, divide the ground beef into four equal parts and form into patties. Fry the patties in a large skillet over medium-high heat until well done, about 4 minutes per side. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat and whisk in the flour. Cook while stirring constantly for 4 minutes to cook out the flavor of raw flour. Gradually whisk in the half-and-half so that no lumps form. Bring to a simmer then remove from the heat and add the cheese; stir until melted. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Place 2 slices of toasted bread onto 2 dinner plates and top each slice with a beefburger patty. Top each patty with cooked french fries. Pour the cheese sauce on top of everything and serve immediately, topping it with other ingredients such as bacon at your leisure.

Another way to enjoy the game with with the cheesiest burger of them all, the Oozy Loozy! Simply take two beefburger patties together, put cheese in the middle, crip the patties around the cheese and cook to order, the cheese inside will melt and be incredibly hot but it will provide one of the best burger flavors you have ever enjoyed!

State News Network: The only news that is state approved!

"Well on our program today we were going to have a rousing debate on the Eizen National Hockey Team and the amount of expenses gone into both funding the team, and insuring the professional contracts of the participating players. Pinnacle League Comissioner Gurrah Buttman was poised to argue against letting professional players participate against international teams in a debate with Bryan Burque of the State Hockey Consortium. However just prior to the program the Emperor declared Buttman's stance treason and sentenced him to prison in a labor camp.

Toiletdonia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 10, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Toiletdonia » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:26 am

Toiletdonia's first game ends in hapless draw.

Last night toiletdonian's watched a dull one all draw on the ice. Although this is a good start Toiletdonian's are getting restless. All three of their baptism of fire gamess have been draw's and so has their first hockey match will they ever win?
Trust member in Taltos industry!
10th December 2009-10th December 2010!
I do weddings! And I'm probably official as well!
I'm English and not very proud of it!
Writer Emeritus of F7's most Godawful play. Thanks for the title Nana.
Astronaut
Finance manager
Hallucinater
Trust member in Taltos industry
Priest
Jalanat wrote:Or like that time I misheard something my mom said about the rain and I thought that rain was made of dirty goats for 5 months.

Jalanat wrote:I hope you weren't trying to call me a reindeer, we mooselike are a hundred times better than the reindeerlike. Stupid reindeers. Oh, look at me, I am a reindeer, look at my not so big antlers which look ugly compared to mooses, oooh look at me, I am a reindeer, I am flying in the sky pulling a fat man in red clothes in a sled.

Eizen
Spokesperson

Corporate Police State

Postby Eizen » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:57 am

"...And now the starting lineup for the Eizen National Team!"

At Right Wing Number 88 Kharn Gorechild!

*cheers from very loud, very boisterous, very intoxicated Eizen fan section*

At Left Wing Number 16 George Pathos!

At Center Number 66 Bane Blackheart!

At Defenseman Number 25 Chris Prongermeyer!

At Defenseman Number 27 Scott Niedermonger!

And in goal for Eizen Number 35 Sebastian Jigair!

"Puck's about to drop coach, you sure you want our heavy hitters out there first?" Assistant Coach Bobcat asked.

"I'm sure of it Mike, Maybe it isn't the perfect matchup, but these three right there, they're frothing at the mouth to tear these guys apart. I've been stoking this fire all day. I put them at the back of the chow line at the breakfast buffet this morning and by the time they got through everything on their palte was cold. I paid off a plumber at the hotel to disconnect the hot water to the showers in their rooms. I put Gorechild over there in a room next to Quagmire so that he would have to deal with the thumping from the headboards all night. Meanwhile Pathos and Blackheart are roomies and PAthos snores like a bastard. Oh these guys are angry as hell, and they've been waiting all days for this puck to drop."

Quintessence of Dust
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 21, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Quintessence of Dust » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:03 am

RP cutoff
The fight is long and tough, but together, we can make it. -- José Carlos Mariátegui

Two kinds of pork in one soup? Bring it on. -- Christina Hendricks

Quintessence of Dust
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Quintessence of Dust » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:17 am

Group A (Kynythin)

Ad'ihan 3-1 StevePolis
Sarzonia 2-3 Valanora
Swartaz 2-1 Warkus
Pos                         P    W   D   L   GF  GA    GD  Pts
1 Valanora 2 2 0 0 7 2 +5 4
2 Swartaz 2 2 0 0 5 2 +3 4
3 Sarzonia 2 1 0 1 6 5 +1 2
4 Ad'ihan 2 1 0 1 5 5 0 2
5 StevePolis 2 0 0 2 2 6 -4 0
6 Warkus 2 0 0 2 1 6 -5 0

Group Æ (Toonmar)

Andrewboy 2-4 The Fanboyists
Cyrelia 2-1 Royalsoldiers
Qazox 5-1 Tocrowkia
1 The Fanboyists 2 2 0 0 7 2 +5 4
2 Cyrelia 2 1 1 0 4 3 +1 3
3 Qazox 2 1 0 1 5 4 +1 2
4 Tocrowkia 2 1 0 1 5 6 -1 2
5 Andrewboy 2 0 1 1 4 6 -2 1
6 Royalsoldiers 2 0 0 2 2 6 -4 0

Group Á (Greschmeier)

The Babbage Islands 3-0 Chocolate Pencils
Cassadaigua 3-1 San Giorgio a Cremano
Euroslavia 0-3 Toyur
1 Toyur 2 2 0 0 8 3 +5 4
2 Cassadaigua 2 2 0 0 5 2 +3 4
3 The Babbage Islands 2 1 0 1 4 2 +2 2
4 Euroslavia 2 1 0 1 2 3 -1 2
5 San Giorgio a Cremano 2 0 0 2 4 8 -4 0
6 Chocolate Pencils 2 0 0 2 0 5 -5 0

Group À (New Cleethorpes)

BrightonBurg 0-1 Jeffgordonville
Estresse Intenso 0-3 Newmanistan
Kenavt 3-5 Plutoni
1 Jeffgordonville 2 2 0 0 6 2 +4 4
2 Newmanistan 2 1 1 0 4 1 +3 3
3 Plutoni 2 1 1 0 6 4 +2 3
4 Estresse Intenso 2 1 0 1 5 4 +1 2
5 BrightonBurg 2 0 0 2 1 6 -5 0
6 Kenavt 2 0 0 2 5 10 -5 0

Group Ä (Dareb)

Dancougar 2-1 Sibirsky
Kulverint 2-1 Toiletdonia
Taeshan 3-1 Vitius
1 Taeshan 2 2 0 0 7 3 +4 4
2 Dancougar 2 2 0 0 6 3 +3 4
3 Kulverint 2 1 0 1 4 5 -1 2
4 Toiletdonia 2 0 1 1 2 3 -1 1
5 Vitius 2 0 1 1 2 4 -2 1
6 Sibirsky 2 0 0 2 3 6 -3 0

Group Å (Highmark City)

Delaclava 3-4 Kelssek
Eizen 1-3 Sorthern Northland
Shivat 4-0 Virabia
1 Shivat 2 2 0 0 6 1 +5 4
2 Sorthern Northland 2 1 1 0 7 5 +2 3
3 Eizen 2 1 0 1 4 4 0 2
4 Kelssek 2 1 0 1 5 5 0 2
5 Virabia 2 0 1 1 4 8 -4 1
6 Delaclava 2 0 0 2 4 7 -3 0

Current Moderately-Tempestuous-Card Standings (top 8 only shown)
Gp.                         P    W   D   L   GF  GA    GD  Pts
À Plutoni 2 1 1 0 6 4 +2 3
Á The Babbage Islands 2 1 0 1 4 2 +2 2
Æ Qazox 2 1 0 1 5 4 +1 2
À Estresse Intenso 2 1 0 1 5 4 +1 2
A Sarzonia 2 1 0 1 6 5 +1 2
Å Eizen 2 1 0 1 4 4 0 2
A Ad'ihan 2 1 0 1 5 5 0 2
Å Kelssek 2 1 0 1 5 5 0 2
Last edited by Quintessence of Dust on Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The fight is long and tough, but together, we can make it. -- José Carlos Mariátegui

Shivat
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Shivat » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:44 am

Shivat defeats Kelssek
Saturday, February 6, 2010|11th World Cup of Hockey|By Ho Shu-Ming|Highmark City,QOD

As if it was a dream, our national ice hockey team, which can’t be considered a good one, because of their lack of experience, they have only played in the previous World Cup of Hockey , but what has shocked our national media is or our great luck or big change and improvement of our play, to win such an experienced team such as the one from Kelssek, that is currently supposed to be the fourth biggest team of all, while ours is just the 26th sharing the same points as the team of Kulverint.

The match started as any other one, with a constant movement between the two sides of the field, with a big number of stops by our both national defenders that were. Without doubt the greatest players of this match weren’t other than the goalies of both teams, Park Jae from Shivat and Brian Duborny from Kelssek, even if so as the final score shows, our goalie was better than theirs.
The result still shows a great equality of both teams, because when normally there are a total of 4 to 8 scores per match, in our there were just 3.

The first score was scored by Kelssek’s forward Laurent Oberforsky, who showed a great skills after passing our strong defence line and reaching –and effectively surpassing- our goalie in minute 16 of the first part of the match, when this happened, our team seemed to be lost because there wasn’t truly big opportunities of defeating them , but later, this showed to be different, when in minute 24 of the first time, one of our forwards, Choi Tae-Hyun scored with a great style typical of a great player.
The second of our scores was scored by our leading forward, Iseul Yoon who finally the scored the victory score in minute 30 of the second part.

The next match will be played in the same city but against the team of Virabia, one that lacks of experience, even more than we do, so we are expecting a victory, that would lead us to a top position in the group.

Toyur
Envoy

Founded: Jun 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Toyur » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:08 am

(OOC: Sorry in advance for this being rushed, very limited time today)

Toyurska Sportnyhet

SOMEONE'S GOTTA DO IT
Strong performance in goal leads Grizzlies to win
by Sven Magnusson

GRESCHMEIER, QUINTESSENCE OF DUST (TP) - Goaltending, it is said, is the most important position for a hockey team. One must be able to rely on the man in large equipment protecting the goal. The rest of the team gains confidence from a strong goaltending performance.

If this is the case, then Patrik Dahlin can take full responsibility for his team's 3-0 win over Euroslavia on matchday 2. Once again the Grizzlies failed to get going early on, forcing Dahlin to bail his team out with some sharp saves in the first period. 11 shots were turned aside in the first frame, with the Toyuri offence only managing 6 on the opposition after some ill-advised penalties. Euroslavia went to the powerplay three times in the first period, yet it was the Grizzlies who went into the first intermission leading, with a late goal from Andreas Silander.

Toyur opened the second period much stronger than the first, striking early through Stefan Jansson. The powerplay got its own opportunity halfway through the second, and Jakob Hjerstedt rounded out the scoring with a one-timer from Niklas Aspelin. The third period saw no scoring, but both goaltenders made excellent saves in the third period to maintain the 3-0 scoreline.

The win for Toyur puts them top of group A-with-accent-going-up-to-the-right on goal difference, tied on points with their matchday 3 opponents Cassadaigua. The critical showdown can be seen on TSTV1.

Code: Select all
TOYUR vs Euroslavia
Scoring Summary

First Period

TOY A. Silander (1) (Hölmqvist, Nyqvist) 17:19

Shots on Goal: Toyur 6 (6), Euroslavia 11 (11)

Second Period

TOY S. Jansson (1) (Linderoth, Hjerstedt) 2:13
TOY J. Hjerstedt (3) (Aspelin, Holmberg) 10:33 PP

Shots on Goal: Toyur 10 (16), Euroslavia 6 (17)

Third Period

No Scoring

Shots on Goal: Toyur 9 (25), Euroslavia 8 (25)

Three Stars:
1. Patrik Dahlin (Toyur)
2. Jakob Hjerstedt (Toyur)
3. Stefan Jansson (Toyur)
Last edited by Toyur on Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Babbage Islands
Senator

Founded: Mar 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Babbage Islands » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:30 am

GRESCHMEIER, Quintessence of Dust (BPA) -- Alexis Rochette posted a hat trick for The Babbage Islands Bumblebees, and they cruised to a 3-0 victory over Chocolate Pencils in World Cup of Hockey qualifying.

Two of Rochette's three goals came on the power play, both on passes from Colette Rouleau. His third goal was an unassisted breakaway early in the third period.

The win leaves the Bumblebees with a 1-1 record. Their third of ten matches in Group Á will be against Euroslavia, also 1-1 after losing to group co-leaders Toyur. In other group play, Cassadaigua defeated San Giorgio a Cremano 3-1. So far the group is playing to form, with the two top-ranked teams unbeaten, the third- and fourth-ranked teams in the middle, and the unranked teams at the bottom.
NS World Cup: Runner-up 55/59; Third place 50/52/58/62/63; Host 49/54/60.
Founding member, Global Cricket Federation; 2x Twenty20 world champions.
FactbookRedballer scorinator for test cricket
Community football scorinator and CFC v2.1 (rules)

Cyrelia
Envoy

Founded: Jan 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Cyrelia » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:57 am

Shaw shook the hands of his opposing coach with unrestrained pleasure. Cyrelia's first win of the group had been hard fought, a 2-1 victory with the final goal in the third period. The team from Royalsoldiers had struggled to keep up with Cyrelian fitness, although the standards of physical play had been more or less equal. Overall the team was performing beyond Shaw's expectations, one win and a draw put them in second place for now, their game had been the last game of the evening giving Shaw and his team a good foundation to approach the game. With two goals per game so far he was happy with how his team was challenging the opposing defenses. Returnng to the changing rooms off-rink he raised his arms to the crowds, clapping moderately to show his appreciation for those who had come to support the game. It had not been a huge crowd, the two lowest ranking teams not being the centre of attention in this division. For Cyrelia, however, it had been a huge win and morale booster. They had surprised the Fanboyists and pushed a win past their closest ranking team, maybe now the higher teams would approach Cyrelia with new found recognition...

Shaw pushed his way through the off-rink staff milling back and forth in their post game duties and opened the changing room door to see his team jocking around in post-game jubilation. Pausing to take in the scene, Shaw remembered what it was like to be so young and so talented. The potential he saw in this team for the future was growing with every game. Khuul and Webb slapped each other brutishly as the rest of their lines chanted on their support, first goaltender Lymm sat in quiet conversation with the assistant coach, Merrick, as they probed the pros and cons of the match just gone and in the corner Cyrelia's third line were happily conversing over the "sick" goal they scored in the first period. Shaw smiled softly and waited for Merrick to notice him, the assistant coach patted Lymm on the back and stood up, calling for the team to sit for a minute and listen up. Shaw closed the door behind him and strode in to the middle of the room, he looked around at the raptly attentive team around him before speaking.
"Evening campers, I have to say I'm pleased with your performance tonight! We're doing better than I expected so far and I hope you will continue to meet such expectations. Our esteemed assistant coach has already begun informing some of you where you need to improve individually, he will see you all before the end of the night. I have a few pointers for the team as a whole: firstly the translation from training to games is commendable; we need to work on our positioning in the defensive zone, their goal could have been avoided with a little better marking and closing down; defence you guys need to listen to your goal tender more, Lymm knows what needs to be done to help him and you guys don't always take notice of what he shouts and if you keep ignoring him I'll bench you. Our offensive play is working, but we're letting stupid and basic mistakes compromise our defence. We'll be doing some training to improve this before the next match, and so far I have no complaints in regards to your fitness but remember that if you slack I'll drop you down a line. We're performing better than the world expected, and if we continue like this I have no doubt that we can go far, but don't get complacent or we'll get annihilated. So far we've had it easy, the next match is against Tocrowkia and they beat Royalsoldiers 4-1! I expect nothing less than your absolute commitment to improving what I've raised tonight..." He paused, looking around again at the faces that looked up at him, "Now relax tonight, I hate to say it but you guys have earnt it this evening, well done!"
The team nodded respectfully and the more vocal members yelled a few chants back and forth before they resumed their post-game activities. Merrick returned to coaching the team members individually and Shaw motioned for Khuul to come over for a word.

Khuul was the captain, a large muscular player from the region of Kardathan on the first line of the team. He had scored the power play goal in the final period that won the game for Cyrelia tonight.
"Khuul, when you're changed we have some captain related duties that you need to attend to,"
"Sure boss, I assume its media related right?" Shaw couldn't understand Khuul's comfort around the media, even now the media terrified him and this young jock of a player handled it like he'd been born on camera.
"That's right Khuul, don't let the bright lights power your ego too much though ok?"
Khuul chuckled and moved back over to talk with his team mates. Shaw exited the changing room and left his team to enjoy their victory, there would be time to go over what he felt needed to be worked on later: for now the victory was all they needed to focus on.
"Survive and Prosper"
Cyrelia
Cyrelia: Embassy -- Factbook

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:31 am

A couple of minor changes, but otherwise a very similar roster.

Coach: Stephanie Grabowski, 57
Assistant: Courtney Rangen, 46
Assistant: Sarah Kennedy. 40 (first year with team)

Goalies:

Starter: #1- Melanie Roy (5’11”, 177)
Backup: #31- Jennifer Griffin (6’1”, 188)

Line 1:

LW: #18- Andrew Preston (6’3”, 223)
C: #11- Kathleen Doyle (C) (5’11”, 188)
RW: #21- Danielle Castleberry (6’4”, 212)

Line 2:

LW: #24- Rachel Castelli (A) (6’0”, 192)
C: #16- Meghan Stafford (5'10" 162)- 18 years old, rookie, future phenom.
RW: #14- Korey Fallstrom (6’7”, 239)

Line 3:

LW: #12- Laura Hansen (5’9” 175)
C: #25- Julie O’Connell (5’8”, 164)
RW: #19- Allen Johnson (6’4”, 215)

Line 4:

LW: #17- Jessica Ahrberg (6’5”, 220)
C: #26- Scott Davenport (6’2”, 209)
RW: #20- Amanda Luciano (6’3”, 218)

D Pair 1:

LD: #2- Kim Garrett (6'3" 202)
RD: #4- Adrienne Gaucher (6'2" 198)

D Pair 2:

LD: #3- Samantha Preston (6'1", 200)- Andrew’s little sister. 19 years old and a rookie.
RD: #7- Cheryl Tollner (6'5" 219)

D Pair 3:

LD: #5- Brian Zuchovitsky (6'1" 192)
RD: #6- Nicole Rouse (6'1" 185)

PP Unit 1: A. Preston-Doyle-Castleberry; S. Preston-Luccitelli
PP Unit 2: Castelli-Stafford-Fallstrom; Gaucher-Zuchovitsky
PK Unit 1: Hanson-Fallstrom; Garrett-Tollner
PK Unit 2: O’Connell-Johnson; Gaucher-Rouse

Reserves:

W: #10- Tara Grocki (5’9”, 168)
W: #9- Brenda McGuire (5’8”, 176)
W: #22- Ben Patnode (6’2”, 199)
W: #27- Eugene Sorella (6’5”, 221)
C: #23- Megan Sommerville (6’2”, 210)
C: #13- Vincent Mastriano (6’0” 194)
D: #8- Anthony Dennin (6’6”, 239)
D: #32- Timothy Lyons (6’4”, 212)
D: #34- Susan Hornung (5’11”, 195)
D: #36- Charlotte Stanley (6’2”, 209)
G: #35- Christina Randolph (6’3”, 204)

Style Modifier: +1

RP Permissions: Don't kill or seriously injure anyone. Do not have anyone under 6' 0" fight, taller people can. Otherwise have fun.
NS Sports’ only World Cup, World Bowl, World Cup of Hockey, World Baseball Classic and International Basketball Championships winner!

(Motorsports, college basketball, and volleyball, too)

Specific Titles: World Cup 50, 51; WBC 14, 16, 19, 50 & 58; WB 8, 22, & 40; WCOH 11 & 39; IBC 13.
Also: CR 40 & 43; CoH 39; Swamp Soccer 4, RTC WC 18 & 19; WVE 6; NSCAA 3, 5 & 9; NSSCRA 7
Runner Up: CoH 40, CR 37, 38 & 41; WB 21, WcoH 8, IBC 12, WBC 13, 15, 47 & 48, DBC 21.
WC Qualified for: 45, 46, 49-61, 67, 79 (DNP WC 69-77), 81-90, 92.
XIII Summer Olympiad: 2nd Most Medals
Hosted: WC 54, 67, 84 & 88; CoH 57 & 73, BoF 47, CR 30, WB 16, WBC 18, 26, 40, 45 & 50, NSCAA, NSCH 1; WLC 7, 30 & 33.

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:56 am

Andrew’s Blog

It’s time for the World Cup of Hockey once again, and I could not be any more excited. Cassadagan sports have been getting great results of late, and hopefully this will lead to a repeat of number eight, where we got to the final, but then a change of history, where we then win it. Plutoni is the team to beat, and they should be. They have won this two years in a row now and there is no reason to think that they couldn’t win it again, but I’m going to bet against them. There have been some nations, ourselves included, that have gradually moved upwards in the rankings and appear poised to strike. Something tells me that this might be a transition cup for the entire tournament where some normal contenders start to fade away and new faces emerge on the scene. We want to stay there, but at the same time as a nation that only debuted in World Cup of Hockey 8, we are still one of the new faces.

One of the biggest news stories concerning the World Cup of Hockey out here in Quintessence of Dust is the failure of the Secristani team to properly enter the competition. This is a big news story in the region, and is especially relevant to us since they border us to the west and we have a longstanding history with the Millionaires. We echo the opinions of other international media outlets who, given Secristan’s reputation, think that this is utterly hilarious, but at the same time we realize that their absence does create a little bit of a void. On a personal level, it is very exciting that my sister Samantha has been named to the team and will start on defense. She had a great junior career, but let’s face it she got good when she was a kid because she was always the person trying to stop me from scoring goals. If you look at hockey rosters across the world as to where you see more them one member of the same family that have made it professionally, it’s not an uncommon for the oldest to be a forward and the next oldest to be a defensemen. Some may wonder how that happened, well, it happened when they were kids outside playing in the yard on a frozen sheet of ice. Big brother took the shots, little brother/sister tried to stop them. And lo and behold, one becomes a forward, and the other a defensemen.

Two games are in the books now, and we have won them both; taking care of The Babbage Islands 2-1 in the opener and then a 3-1 win over San Giorgio a Cremano. It’s early, but 2-0-0 is the best possible record after two games, so we will be happy with it.
NS Sports’ only World Cup, World Bowl, World Cup of Hockey, World Baseball Classic and International Basketball Championships winner!

(Motorsports, college basketball, and volleyball, too)

Specific Titles: World Cup 50, 51; WBC 14, 16, 19, 50 & 58; WB 8, 22, & 40; WCOH 11 & 39; IBC 13.
Also: CR 40 & 43; CoH 39; Swamp Soccer 4, RTC WC 18 & 19; WVE 6; NSCAA 3, 5 & 9; NSSCRA 7
Runner Up: CoH 40, CR 37, 38 & 41; WB 21, WcoH 8, IBC 12, WBC 13, 15, 47 & 48, DBC 21.
WC Qualified for: 45, 46, 49-61, 67, 79 (DNP WC 69-77), 81-90, 92.
XIII Summer Olympiad: 2nd Most Medals
Hosted: WC 54, 67, 84 & 88; CoH 57 & 73, BoF 47, CR 30, WB 16, WBC 18, 26, 40, 45 & 50, NSCAA, NSCH 1; WLC 7, 30 & 33.

Estresse Intenso
Secretary

Founded: Jun 08, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Estresse Intenso » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:11 pm

Independent Media
the pirate radio which is the only news source of Estresse Intenso warzones

It has been difficult to get the news from Quintessence of Dust, where the World Cup of Hockey is happening, but we managed to exchange ammo and weapons for some information from the borders. As you may know *noise of static* well, Estresse Intenso has a team for this competition. They are not the best players our country could offer, of course, as most of those are involved in the war, but these are the best ones that could leave the country and play abroad. And they are good players, I must add. I met Kohlmeir once and, even with him being a workaholic during his AUGECC times, working inside an office building, he still managed to have some time for trainings. And what about Roch? I know that he is a drug addict and can be very dangerous, but he was the best hockey player of his gang, and now is a key player of Estresse Intenso's team. So, we may do a nice job, although we aren't at the level of the strongest squads.

But let me share with you the information I have about the first games of this team *noise of explosions* damn, another bomb close to here... I bet the gangs are lauching an assault at that office buildings again, I can hear the helicopters coming... *more explosions* heh, not that they have to launch an assault, this is an eternal conflict. Let's proceed *noise of people screaming* ignore the noise. In the first game, we had an excellent victory, in which our players managed to cooperate with each other, something we were in doubt if it would happen as they are from different factions. The excellent worked resulted in five goals. In the second game, our team did the best that it could. They lack experience, aren't used to play together and faced a tough opponent. So, the loss against Newmanistan isn't a disaster. We may only hope the team can keep playing well, and together.

Quintessence of Dust
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Quintessence of Dust » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:22 pm

OOC announcement.
    Press Advisories From The Department of Sport

FAO - WCoH Group A (Kynythin)

Please be advised that February 8 will now be an off-day for all teams in this group. Motor Hall has unfortunately been double booked by the Quintessence of Dust national women's team, and they cannot rearrange their important final pre-Olympic practice.

FAO - WCoH Group Æ (Toonmar)

Please be advised that February 8 will now be an off-day for all teams in this group. Bracket Park is playing host to a fundraiser by the Northern Liberal Party, which cannot be arranged at late notice (though any interested players are welcome to attend; the theme is "How To Pretend You're Interested In Poor People Without Looking At Their Stupid Faces").

FAO - WCoH Group Á (Greschmeier)

Please be advised that February 8 will now be an off-day for all teams in this group. The Northern Astrodome is hosting the unveiling of Klein & Klein's winter collection, featuring a guest appearance by footballer-turned-model Marina Sundqvist of former World Cup (complete lack of) fame.

FAO - WCoH Group À (New Cleethorpes)

Please be advised that February 8 will now be an off-day for all teams in this group. New Cleethorpes Municipal Sporting Ground Rink #1 has been doubled booked by the Quintessential-Icelandic Over-85s Mixed Hockey League; Rink #2 is scheduled for maintenance work to remove asbestos and racoons from the changing rooms.

FAO - WCoH Group Ä (Dareb)

Please be advised that February 8 will now be an off-day for all teams in this group. The Eli F. Baker Memorial Arena is playing host to a son et lumière display for the workers of South Fields Station Alpha, a gasworks. A few pretty lights cheer up the underpaid, non-unionised, lonely alcoholics tremendously.

FAO - WCoH Group Å (Highmark City)

Please be advised that February 8 will now be an off-day for all teams in this group. We just plain don't like you.

Jeffgordonville
Envoy

Founded: Mar 16, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Jeffgordonville » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:54 pm

The Jeffgordonville Star

Yes, we know it's technically not a star

Jeffgordonville shuts out BrightonBurg

After the scoring frenzy that was the game between Jeffgordonville and Kenavt, only once did the puck enter the goal in the Jeffgordonville-BrightonBurg match. Fortunately for the team in white and red, the lone goal of the game went to them, and ensured that the team takes an early lead in the New Cleethorpes group. While hopes of winning the group are somewhat out of the question, it certainly puts Jeffgordonville in a good position to make it through to the playoffs.

The first period saw 10 shots taken at each goal apiece, though neither goalie were willing to give any ground. A powerplay for BrightonBurg after Tim Duncan was penalised for tripping resulted in a fantastic opportunity going begging, and likewise for Jeffgordonville later on in the period. Both teams went into the locker rooms scratching their heads as to how to end the deadlock.

The second period saw Francesca Lyons come out of the gate charging, as she barraged BrightonBurg's goalie with 7 shots, before being subbed for the first line. Martin McReynolds noted that BrightonBurg's defence was rather worn down after the second line's assault, and at 7 minutes into the period, took advantage of this. Firing a beautifully aimed backhander in the middle of the offensive zone, McReynolds scored for Jeffgordonville, and gave them the 1 goal advantage which would decide the game. Further efforts by a myriad of players from both teams to emulate McReynolds were denied, and going into the final period, Jeffgordonville continued to hold the advantage.

Francesca Lyons again kicked off the period with a succession of shots, all deflected. With 15 minutes remaining in the game, rather than risk giving BrightonBurg the opportunity to equalise the game, the team hunkered down in their defensive zone. From there, Jeffgordonville successfully warded off any and all attempts by BrightonBurg to tie the game, successfully controlling the game until time ran out. It wasn't very exciting, but it got the job done.
Jeffgordonville's International Racing History:
WGPC
Season 8
7th (Lee Rogers) and 18th (Richard Emberton) in Drivers Championship
6th in Constructors Championship

Season 9
World Champion (Matthew Portland) and 4th (Lee Rogers) in Drivers Championship
2 wins (Rogers 1, Portland 1)
2nd in Constructors Championship

NSSCRA
Season 1
4th (Calvin Emberton), 7th (Kyle Onasi), 25th (Jason Antilles), 46th (Denny Cummings) in Championship
4 wins (Emberton, 3, Onasi, 1)

Plutoni
Envoy

Founded: Mar 02, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Plutoni » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:28 pm

Plutoni ice hockey blog: WCoH 10, Matchday 2
Back on track with Kenavt victory

A day after conceding five goals to Jeffgordonville, the Kenavt defense was at it--or rather not at it--again. Despite scoring three of their own against Plutoni, the Purple Pirates fell five goals to three. Meefla Katlon set up goals for each fellow first-line forward.

The first goal of the day, however, would be scored by Derram Noklin. Kenavt equalized shortly afterward, through Kelsey Warden. But Jofri Spendral, Alexander Cashman, and Mirsh Atzin's unanswered goals in the third period gave Plutoni a lead they would not relinquish. Cleve Hynam scored for Kenvat 5:09 into the third period, but Katlon would assist on Lintsa Tameen's goal 8:40 in. It was the Purple Pirate Ashton Peti who provided the final goal of the game, converting a near miss from Connor da Vincho.

Kenavt, unsurprisingly, have conceded the most points of any team at the WCoH. Plutoni have three points, but are third in their group (though the only three-point team occupying a Moderately-Tempestuous Card slot). They will next face the debutant team of Estresse Intenso before a newly-scheduled off day.

Comments:
1. bocky_boy: Well, at least somebody's doing well. My cold is so bad I almost caught the game live last night!
2. flake: I'm not really sure I see the allure of watching games live. What difference does it make?
3. icebaby: The thrill of liveblogging games with these experts?
...On second though, I agree completely with you.
4. seb: I guess there's no risk of having the results spoiled. Also, not sure da Vincho should be starting for Kenavt: he seems a little frenetic out there. Oh well, all the better for us!
You're not a vacuum; you're a black hole!

84th Lowest Police Ratios

Toiletdonia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 10, 2009
Ex-Nation

Toiletdonia mange a slight loss

Postby Toiletdonia » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:27 am

Last night Toiletdonia was desapointed with a 2-1 deafeat. Toiletdonia's team say's "Were still in it!"
Trust member in Taltos industry!
10th December 2009-10th December 2010!
I do weddings! And I'm probably official as well!
I'm English and not very proud of it!
Writer Emeritus of F7's most Godawful play. Thanks for the title Nana.
Astronaut
Finance manager
Hallucinater
Trust member in Taltos industry
Priest
Jalanat wrote:Or like that time I misheard something my mom said about the rain and I thought that rain was made of dirty goats for 5 months.

Jalanat wrote:I hope you weren't trying to call me a reindeer, we mooselike are a hundred times better than the reindeerlike. Stupid reindeers. Oh, look at me, I am a reindeer, look at my not so big antlers which look ugly compared to mooses, oooh look at me, I am a reindeer, I am flying in the sky pulling a fat man in red clothes in a sled.

Quintessence of Dust
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Quintessence of Dust » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:36 am

As announced here, owing to the site being down for several hours MD3 scorination has been delayed and the schedule updated. As a reminder, tomorrow is still an off-day, meaning MD3 will now be scorinated on Feb 9th. ICly, this postponement is owing to a massive, nationwide powercut that affected all arenas.

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 17, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Qazox » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:45 am

See what a good night's rest can do for you? A 5-1 dominating victory voer Tocrowkia, and the Qazox B Squad is back in contention for the World Cup of Hockey. A 3 goal outburst in the 2nd period broke open a 1-0 game, and sparking the way was Hannah Askanti with 2 goals and 2 assists. Up next is Andrewboy.

Scoring Summary
First Period
(QZX) 15:20 - Hannah Askanti (1-0 Qazox)
Second Period
(QZX) 4:42 - Cassidy Amos (2-0 Qazox)
(QZX) 8:11 - Hannah Askanti (3-0 Qazox)
(QZX) 15:20 - Issac Maynerd (4-0 Qazox)
Third Period
(TOC) 6:41 - Audrey Haviland (4-1 Qazox)
(QZX) 18:02 - Mike Uwe (5-1 Qazox)
Wikipage/Qazox National Football Team
Qualified for World Cups 31, 33, 35-50, 54-59, 61, 62. Runners-up: CoH 52
Baptism of Fire 44 (w/Mangolana); World Baseball Classics 1, 4, 5, 10, 13 and 23; World Cup of Hockey 7 and 14; World Bowls IV & IX; IBC X; Baptism of Iron III and VIII; NSCAA Tourney II, III (conferences/regionals), The OXEN Cup; the TOUR de QAZOX, Qazoxian Sports Festival and NS X-Games/Winter X-Games I.
World Cups of Hockey 4 & 6; World Baseball Classics 6, 8 and 9, World Bowls 3 and XXI; Draggonnii Inviyatii V, IBC XI
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

The Fanboyists
Senator

Founded: Sep 21, 2007
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The Fanboyists » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:18 am

Defense? What defense?!
No, seriously, Andrewboy had a defense?

The Volunteers are in firm command of their group today after winning a laugher against Andrewboy. The Vols never trailed and carried off a 4-2 victory, placing them atop their group with a +5 goal differential and without a loss.

It was a good night for Maarkus Stahlburg, who had an assist and a goal, while Kristin Maarks had two goals, and Allaaks Oevachkun had goal and Andicek had an assist. Theodur Braannur had two assists.

The scoring started early, when Oevachkun opened the game with a score half-way through the first period after a quick set up by Stahlburg. The next goal would not come until the second period, after Andrewboy had answered the first, Stahlburg was set up by Andicek, as he smashed the puck in with no problems. Andrewboy answered this one as well in the second period, but the score at the end would be tied, 2-2.

But in the third period, the Vols opened up. Giving the back-up center an opportunity, Braannur joined Kristin Maarks on the ice, and Braannur set her up twice in the period, early on and mid-way through, to seal the game, 4-2. The Vols had their second win.

Scoring:
Volunteers --- 1 - 1 - 2 --- 4
Andrewboy --- 0 - 2 - 0 --- 2

OOC: Power's back on! W00T W00T! Let's go Caps! 14 in row today! And go Colts, AFC Represent!
Proud member of the Ajax role-playing community!
Ottonia, Draakur, and Untsangazar in Ajax
Terefuxe, formerly Allamunnic States (NSSport)

"The plans and schemes of tyrants are broken by many things. They shatter against cliffs of heroic struggle. They rupture on reefs of open resistance. And they are slowly eroded, bit by little bit, on the very beaches where they measure triumph, by countless grains of sand. By the stubborn little decencies of humble little men." -Eric Flint, Belisarius II: In The Heart of Darkness

Dancougar
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 25, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Dancougar » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:22 pm

Last time, on World Cup of Hockey Side Story!

"It seems silly to think that Cashman would have just made stuff up for the match report," mused Russ. "We have testimony that he was in the press room that night watching the wire."

"I never had any problems with him. He seemed like a pretty mellow guy." Larry McDonegal, known in these parts as The Chief. "But you look at where we are and who we're competing against, and it's just impossible to keep someone like him around who's just going to foul up."

"In any case, let's turn out attention to the night Cashman died," Russ continued. "How the highlights from the Sarzonia game were misreported..."

Leo Cashman... promising intern for AGAINST, the sports network which wants so badly to be DSPN but fails hard. After botching a match report for a playoff game against Sarzonia, Cashman atoned for it with his life, apparently unwilling to accept the traditional intern pink slip. But is that what really happened? Peter Klingenschmidt and Russ Pauli are on the case because there is no one else. No, seriously, there isn't. We looked.

"Hmn, let's see if I can remember that..." Chief leaned back in his chair and put his hands to his forehead in thought. "Normally we just stream our own feed directly and we have guys in the video room cutting together the highlights. Leo's job was to do the writeup for the site. Normally that would just be a matter of watching the feed and jotting down notes for later."

"Do you know if anyone was working with him at the time, or if he was alone that night?" asked Russ.

"I think Todd might have been with him... Todd Shane," replied Chief. "He was another intern working with us during the tournament. We had Todd working in the cutting room putting together the highlight reels, and we didn't uncover any problem with those."

"Did Todd and Leo work together often?" asked Russ. Peter was still watching the video screen and fist pumping every now and then. "Peter, what are you doing? The Kulverint game ended already."

"Dude, fluid time," Peter replied. "We're playing Sibirsky right now and it's locked up at one. Second period's almost over but we're pouring it on. Those guys are getting tired and... OH, NICE HIT!! That Allinger kid's got something, man, our fourth line is killing them."

"I really have to apologize for him," Russ said, turning back to the Chief.

"Ah, it's no problem, really," Chief replied. "We've had friends of employees back here before to have a look, and actually it's great for people to get a look at how we do things every now and then. But to go back to your question..." Chief shifted in his seat to try and get more comfortable. He was a big man, and the chair creaked as he wiggled into his groove. "Sometimes Todd and Leo would compare game notes to make sure everything matched up. I don't know if they were together that night, though."

"Thanks for your help," said Russ. "Todd Shane, you said?" He jotted the name down in his notepad and flipped it closed. "Does he still work here?"

"Yes; if you want to talk to him, he should be upstairs," Chief replied. "I'll take you up." Russ peeled Peter away from the video screen just as Floyd Jacaruso was getting a one-timer stoned by Ville-Veik Hasti. They made their way upstairs and found themselves in a cube farm. After a minute of weaving through, they arrived at a desk. "Hey, Todd, you got visitors."

The man turned around in his chair. He couldn't have been long out of college -- his face was stubbly and his hair was tied back in a ponytail. His shirt was wrinkled. "Can I help you two?" he asked.

"Mr. Shane, my name's Russ Pauli and this is..." He turned to introduce Peter, but Peter's faced was glued to his cell phone. "Peter... uh... Peter, are you paying..."

"GOAL, BABY!" Peter nearly tossed his phone into Todd's computer monitor as he punched the air. "Leave it to cap' to put a period on this one," he said. "Branny just put us up two-one. Sibirsky are beat, man, they've had one shot in the last five minutes."

"Ah, so you're a hockey fan, then?" asked Todd. "That's good to know. I was afraid we were doing all this work on the World Cup of Hockey for nothing!"

"Are you on the staff for the current tournament?" asked Russ.

"Yeah, I'm doing the match writeups for now," Todd replied. "They have me do a little bit of everything since we're a little light on staff right now. Nobody's wanted to come on for an internship since... well..."

"That's what we're here to talk to you about," said Russ. "We were told that you and Leo Cashman worked together on the previous World Cup of Hockey."

Todd tensed up and rolled his seat back. The wheels squeaked and there was a small thump as he hit into his desk. "Wait, you don't think I did something, did you?" he asked.

Todd's sudden panic raised a little flag in the back of Russ' mind, but he ignored it for now. Anyone would be surprised if detectives suddenly came around to talk about a case that was supposed to be closed. "Not at all, but we're trying to put the pieces together, and any information at this point would be handy..."

World Cup of Hockey 11 QUALIFIER
Dareb, Quintessence of Dust

DANCOUGAR 0 1 1 - 2
SIBIRSKY 1 0 0 - 1

1st Period
8:53 SIB: Henke (Satchell)
2nd Period
4:19 DAN: Andreasen PP (A Brancanto, Prier)
3rd Period
13:26 DAN: A Brancanto (Baillie, Shilke)

Goalies
DAN Sarmiento : 21 SV, 1 GA
SIB Hasti : 30 SV, 2 GA
Scorinators: Basketsim | NSFS 2.0.7.2
NSWiki: D-League
Sporting Braggery:
Champions: WC46, WB(1,4,6), BoF26, OC11, WLC6
Second: WB3, WCoH11, WLC(4,5)
Third: WC(43,48), WB2, WLC2, KC1
WC Qual: 40-50
Club Champions: GC6, IUCC(4-6,12,14,16,18-20)
Host: WB(7,10), BoF31, CoH(36+Caf,38), IBC(1-5)

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2005
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Newmanistan » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:06 pm

The players became more and more annoyed about the fact that Slava Kolosov and Alexander Starkov would be gambling on World Cup of Hockey games, and even more so on games directly involving the Rockets. They weren’t sure if the WcoH committee actually had a policy on this which could land the team in even deeper waters, but the simple fact that they could determine the outcomes of games were frustrating. They know that the Empire is trying to build on the progress it showed in the tournament it hosted two years prior, and does not need any deceptive practices. Sure, Kolosov and Starkov would be up for the game against Plutoni, and they were great Estresse Intenso as well, but would they tank in games against Brightonburg or Kenavt, for example? The Brightonburg game was especially notable. For those not in the now, Brightonburg is the largest nation in One Big Island, even though it does not have anywhere nesar the international sporting pull that Newmanistan (or others) has in the region. This would make them a perfect underdog for gamblers to collect off of, and Kolosov and Starkov, both being defensemen, could easily help out. They could struggle to keep the puck in the offensive zone on a power play, or accidentally make an errant clear and instead set up a Brightonburg forward so well that you think they should also get an assist on the play. But captain Jacques Carpentier and others did not want coach Hennessy or the media to know yet, and they would work to keep it in house.

Bannister: Another one?

Stuart: Another what?

Bannister: Another damn raccoon! What the hell, this is supposed to be a world class hockey arena and the locker room is infested with raccoons.

Stuart: Perhaps they are adored in Quintessence of Dust.

Anderson: That’s why they cancelled the games here tomorrow, and we can’t play at the other rink because of the old guys. That might be cool to watch though, I think we should all take it in!

Carpentier: Trevor’s right, we get a couple of rest days and hopefully we never see another raccoon in here again. I don’t mind taking in the old guys, it’s a mixed league, so it could be interesting.

Anderson: I prefer Eizen co-ed hockey rules. When’s that game between them and the Ice Girls?

Bannister: Don’t know, would like to watch that as well.

Carpentier: It could be interesting, but we’ll probably have to play. I’ll get a friend to go to Secristan, buy the pay-per-view and tape it for us all to watch when the time is right.

Anderson: Excellent.

Bannister: Yeah, thanks.

Carpentier: But guys, we have a bigger problem that we need to take care of. As I think you know, Kolosov and Starkov are betting on Rockets games.

Anderson: That’s not exactly good is it? But it can’t be too bad.

Stuart: Well, they are defensemen, they can easily undermine what we do.

Anderson: You mean like wait an extra second to bring the puck into the offensive zone so we will be offsides?

Carpentier: Yeah, little things like that. Things that won’t be immediately obvious unless it happens a lot. It won’t, but there could be a game or two where we are nicely favored that it could.

Bannister: When are we ever favored?

Stuart: Well we have moved up in the rankings. Actually have done so pretty well, we will probably be favored to win every game we play other then Plutoni.

Bannister: I was kidding, but thanks.

Carpentier: So what are we going to do?

Stuart: Not back them up if the other team takes a cheap shot on them in the next game? I dunno. There really isn’t much, we just have to try and convince them that it is bad. But Starkov is in with some ring based out of Dover City, and that might be tough, especially if they had a role in what happened in the basketball.

Bannister: I’d rather us not have to deal with any of this shit. Tell coach, and get them kicked off the team.

Carpentier: Then the Myedvedeyan-Newmanistanian population will cry discrimination.

Anderson: This is too complicated. Let’s just play and if they start acting weird in a game, then we call them out during an intermission or something.

Suart: Or we can just talk to them.

Carpentier: Good idea. If only it would be so easy. Slava is pretty firm on that he is not doing anything wrong.
Six-time World Baseball Classic Champions
Now just here to run NSSCRA. Thank you to the community for all the fun in other sports.
NEWMANISTAN SPORTING ACHIEVEMENTS:
CHAMPIONSHIPS: DBC 4; 27th BoF; CoH 34, 36, & 37; Oxen Cup 12; WBC 10, 12, 15, 17, 41, & 43; IBC 4, 5, & 29; CE 26; WLC 1
Runner Up: DBC 5 & 6; Oxen Cup 6; WBC 7,9 11, 14, & 45; IBC 1; WB 4, 6 & 34; WLC 2 & 3
World Cups qualified for: 46, 48 (R of 16), 49, 50, 54
Hosted: WORLD CUP 49, WB 1, 2, 5, & 35; WBC 8, 11, 14, 19, 38, 44, & 46; CoH 33, 35, & 39; CE 25, WLC 2, 4 & 5; WCoH 10, IBC 24, NSSCRA, Multiple NSCAA Basketball Tournaments, and a horse racing series

Eizen
Spokesperson

Corporate Police State

Postby Eizen » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:06 am

"Coach...the arena's completely dark. What are we doing here?"

Coach Dunlop chomped at an unlit cigar. "Power might be out, but i've got some battery powered spotlights, and the Zamboni's running on a full charge to clean up when we're done. We're gonna practice until every one of you assholes pukes or I still feeling sorry for you."

One of the players cried out..."But coach you'd push an elderly woman down a flight of stairs if it meant winning a game!"

"Then I guess it's not very likely that i'll be feeling sorry for you anytime soon."

OOC: Glad for the delay, Saturdays and Sundays are my toughest workdays and I don't have as much time to get RPs in. That and a Super Bowl laden with colossal hamburgers stuffed with cheese and bacon (refer to recipes in earlier post) and i'm verrrry sleepy.

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2005
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Newmanistan » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:22 pm

Kevin Collins, the editor-in-chief of the Rocket Report was feeling great now that his staff was safely recovered. The three that had been abducted from the International Basketball Championships were safe and sound, even though cameraman Nick Cashman no longer seemed to be innocent. He knew that the one reporter, Joe Loggins had planned to put in his resignation papers when he was released from the hospital though he hoped that he would just need some time off and then reconsider that. Brittany Allison appeared ready to head back into sports coverage. With them safely brought back, he prepared to send a crew to Quintessence of Dust to cover the World Cup of Hockey. Since he received the first threatening letter that demanded that if he did do that, that the crew would suffer a worst fate then the basketball reporters, he had not received anything else, and he was starting to feel that with those suspects now arrested, that he had nothing to worry about. He was looking over his roster of possible people to send, and thanked his secretary as she delivered the mail. In the stack, another ominous plain brown envelope. It couldn’t be, he thought, but indeed it was.

Dearest Kevin,

I am sure you are feeling very good now that your precious basketball staff have returned safely. You probably think that since some people were arrested that this is over with and now you can safely bring a Rocket Report crew to Quintessence of Dust. I really hope that you do not do this, because it will turn out very badly for you and for whoever you send. So far, the Rockets have done a great job in hockey, upsetting Plutoni by getting a point out of the game, and then impressively beating Estresse Intenso, in the two games in which your lame, rambling publication has not covered. We thank you for not setting up another monotonous state of the Rockets interview with the head coach at the beginning of the tournament and not providing a long-winded game recap that no one even reads, save an international reader or two when they think their could be a mention of their country. You’ve done Newmanistan and the entire world a great favor, and we hope that you continue to do this. As for the people arrested, they are working with us, but what happened there was not the work of three men, but of a large scale operation, and while we may have lost that battle, we will win the next one if we need to fight. It’s a faceoff you won’t win.

There was no closing to this brief note. Before turning it into the police , Collins shook his head. How could he let these people win? The Rocket Report had already been forced to not cover the International Basketball Championships, and now they would target the World Cup of Hockey. If he allowed this to continue, would the prestigious World Cup 50 be next? Not gonna happen, he thought. He was sending a crew to Quintessence of Dust, like it or not.
Six-time World Baseball Classic Champions
Now just here to run NSSCRA. Thank you to the community for all the fun in other sports.
NEWMANISTAN SPORTING ACHIEVEMENTS:
CHAMPIONSHIPS: DBC 4; 27th BoF; CoH 34, 36, & 37; Oxen Cup 12; WBC 10, 12, 15, 17, 41, & 43; IBC 4, 5, & 29; CE 26; WLC 1
Runner Up: DBC 5 & 6; Oxen Cup 6; WBC 7,9 11, 14, & 45; IBC 1; WB 4, 6 & 34; WLC 2 & 3
World Cups qualified for: 46, 48 (R of 16), 49, 50, 54
Hosted: WORLD CUP 49, WB 1, 2, 5, & 35; WBC 8, 11, 14, 19, 38, 44, & 46; CoH 33, 35, & 39; CE 25, WLC 2, 4 & 5; WCoH 10, IBC 24, NSSCRA, Multiple NSCAA Basketball Tournaments, and a horse racing series

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports