NATION

PASSWORD

QFA-56 Thorn UCAV

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]
Pharthan
Minister

Founded: Feb 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

QFA-56 Thorn UCAV

Postby Pharthan » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:31 pm

QFA-56 THORN UCAV
Stealth Multirole UCAV

Go To Halcyon Arms Storefront For Purchase

Hi-Res Image Available for Viewing/Download

PRICE

• Unit Cost: $40mil NSD
  • DPR: $6bil NSD
Length: 39 ft
Wingspan: 21 ft
Height: 5.8 ft
Armament: (1) 20mm Cannon
(1) Bay (8 hardpoints per bay)
(2) Wing-Pylon Hardpoints
Radar Range: (Fore) 105 mi
(Sides) 30 mi
(Rear) 30 mi
Empty Weight: 10,000 lbs
Loaded Weight: 40,000 lbs
Max Takeoff Weight: 43,000 lbs
Powerplant: (2) General Electric/Rolls Royce F139U (19,500 lbs w/ afterburner)
Max Speed: Mach 2.7
Range: 2,600 mi
Combat Range: 1,100 mi
Max g: 13.6+
Ceiling: 64,000ft

Description
The Thorn was started as a individual fighter program, but when the F/A-53 Shrike was in it's final stages, both program owners realizes that the WSO of the Shrike was not fully tasked, with the pilot being capable of far almost every function of the fighter itself. Along with the "swarm" capabilities of both fighters, allowing for maximum tight-band, encrypted communications and data-link between their fellow aircraft, they realized that the Shrike's WSO could easily control the Thorn, so certain adjustments were made.

The Thorn can act as it's own individual air power as originally designed, however, often works as a supplement to the F/A-53 in combat, allowing for a fighter pilot to coordinate as best as possible with his own wingman - who is sitting right behind him. The Thorn takes the brunt of the combat, allowing for the F/A-53 to make the final kill, with the more maneuverable QFA-56 to risk itself instead.

HALCYON ARMS STOREFRONT

"Humanity is a way for the cosmos to know itself." - Carl Sagan
"Besides, if God didn't want us making glowing fish and insect-resistant corn, the building blocks of life wouldn't be so easy for science to fiddle with." - Dracoria

Why haven't I had anything new in my storefront for so long? This is why. I've been busy.

Pharthan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Pharthan » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:36 pm

Reserved
HALCYON ARMS STOREFRONT

"Besides, if God didn't want us making glowing fish and insect-resistant corn, the building blocks of life wouldn't be so easy for science to fiddle with." - Dracoria

Why haven't I had anything new in my storefront for so long? This is why. I've been busy.

Pharthan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Pharthan » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:37 pm

Reserved
HALCYON ARMS STOREFRONT

Return to Global Economics and Trade