NATION

PASSWORD

Super Hero High (old OOC, search for new one)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Zernin
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Zernin » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:32 pm

Mighty Asgard wrote:
Zernin wrote:I just I should have said Intuitive Aptitude, the ability to gain a superpower my figuring out how it works...I am taking the latent one off Isaac, though since Mercy has Super intelligence I am leaving it on there.

The ability to gain a superpower simply by figuring out how it works is way overpowered on its own.

...No, it isn't...it is better then Power Replication when you know how to use the power right from the first time. With Intuitive Aptitude you get an uncontrolled/don't know how to use the replicated ability, if their ability was unstable until they learned how to stabilize it yours is unstable(same goes for strengthening ability, your ability can just become unstable.)

With power replication you automatically get/know how to use the ability, with intuitive aptitude you replicate the ability, but can't control it at first.
Last edited by Zernin on Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zernin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zernin » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:32 pm

Camicon wrote:
Zernin wrote:
I know right?Oh and I am not kidding about the New York thing...O.O...in Heroes:The RPG, I declared war on the world with another terrorist organization, and mine, the Council of Chaos, currently is blowing new york to pieces...so...guess what?We have military grade R.P.G.s and vehicles and weapons and gadgets...yay!

So, so special. More special than every other snowflake. A super special snowflake.

Shh, you're taking up my page space.(It's an inside joke..O.O)

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:34 pm

Zernin wrote:...No, it isn't...it is better then Power Replication when you know how to use the power right from the first time. With Intuitive Aptitude you get an uncontrolled/don't know how to use the replicated ability, if their ability was unstable until they learned how to stabilize it yours is unstable(same goes for strengthening ability, your ability can just become unstable.)

Being able to get any superpower at will is overpowered.

Zernin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zernin » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:35 pm

Taking Intuitive aptitude off Mercy, putting it on Isaac, taking Isaac's other powers away and just leaving ability replication on it.

That is true Mighty Asgard, but first they have to encounter the power, therefore replicating it. Gaining a power at will is like superpower manipulation, at least the inducing a power part of the ability.

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:40 pm

Zernin wrote:Taking Intuitive aptitude off Mercy, putting it on Isaac, taking Isaac's other powers away and just leaving ability replication on it.

That is true Mighty Asgard, but first they have to encounter the power, therefore replicating it. Gaining a power at will is like superpower manipulation, at least the inducing a power part of the ability.

Having to encounter a power before gaining it isn't really much of a limitation when they're attending a school full of hundreds of superhumans. It is overpowered.

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:58 pm

Zernin wrote:
Camicon wrote:So, so special. More special than every other snowflake. A super special snowflake.

Are you... are... are you really not aware that I am mocking what you said?

Every snowflake is unique. No snowflake is more "special" than another.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Country of glowing hearts, and patrons of the arts
Help me out
Star spangled madness, united sadness
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Don't shine for swine. - Metric, Soft Rock Star
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Why (Male) Rape Is Hilarious [because it has to be]

Zernin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zernin » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:17 pm

Camicon wrote:
Zernin wrote:

Are you... are... are you really not aware that I am mocking what you said?

Every snowflake is unique. No snowflake is more "special" than another.

I am aware of that...but I am a SPESHIAL snowflake...not special.

Zernin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zernin » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:17 pm

Bye bye to Isaac then!

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Founded: Feb 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:01 pm

Orinon wrote:Looking, they saw a navel ship approaching.

:rofl:

Look out, the Asari are attacking the students with their hilariously impractical ship designs! Do not let Tommy Wisea Wizea Wisseau that horrid director know a ship out there looks like that! I thought the Salarians were the type to run false-flag operations, but this is still a cool excuse to introduce the MQ-9 Reaper to the students' field equipment. What the hell did the ESA and CNSA do to get Asari commandoes PO-ed does not matter? We need a class role call (hooray double meanings)!

Great, now I also have my self thinking about:

Super Hero High: Prometheans Rising

Thanks Orinon, now I have to think about how hellish Driver's Ed must be with the Mako thanks to your example of Rouge Angles of Satin. On the other hand, the idea of the squad being the teachers and the crew the other staff is odd enough to warrant the venture of thought.
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:14 pm, edited 6 times in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,
The Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton II of the People of the DSA and Protector of Ukraine
Inaugurated 12:06 A.M. Ecuador Standard Time, June 26, 2014; crowned 12:23 A.M. EST; June 26, 2014; instituted the Separation of Positions 1:07 A.M. EST, June 26, 2014; retired from office 4:58 P.M. EST, June 27, 2014; returned to office 1:05 A.M. EST, June 30, 2014; retired again 12:05 P.M. EST

Orinon
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 08, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Orinon » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:05 pm

Blow me. I have a headache and am not in th emood for anything.

Plus, my characters come from a FT nation. You people keep forgetting that.
I did some threads a long ass time ago that some people care about Iunno ya'll crazy.

Answers to Orinon or Watery. Part time author, part time gas station attendant, full time cynical bastard.

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:13 pm

Altruistic Paladins wrote:Super Hero High: Prometheans Rising

Only if Tara gets to toss Javik out an airlock.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Help me out
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Orinon
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Orinon » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:31 pm

If you're gonna make fun of my poor grammar, fine. But how about you do it when I'm NOT IN A FUCKING BAD MOOD.
I did some threads a long ass time ago that some people care about Iunno ya'll crazy.

Answers to Orinon or Watery. Part time author, part time gas station attendant, full time cynical bastard.

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:37 pm

Orinon wrote:If you're gonna make fun of my poor grammar, fine. But how about you do it when I'm NOT IN A FUCKING BAD MOOD.

Woahwoahwoah. Chill. You're in a bad mood, fine. It happens, I get it. But don't take it out on people that have nothing to do with why.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Help me out
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun

Eaglleia
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Eaglleia » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:42 pm

Mighty Asgard wrote:
Zernin wrote:Taking Intuitive aptitude off Mercy, putting it on Isaac, taking Isaac's other powers away and just leaving ability replication on it.

Having to encounter a power before gaining it isn't really much of a limitation when they're attending a school full of hundreds of superhumans. It is overpowered.

Wouldn't that depend on whether the replicated power was permanent or temporary?
Last edited by Eaglleia on Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:47 pm

Eaglleia wrote:
Mighty Asgard wrote:Having to encounter a power before gaining it isn't really much of a limitation when they're attending a school full of hundreds of superhumans. It is overpowered.

Wouldn't that depend on whether the replicated power was permanent or temporary? (Like Ditto :p )

Power replication, depending on how it works, can be OP or not OP.

If it operated so that you have to make physical contact with a person to replicate their power, so that you only retained the power for a short amount of time (an hour or two), could only replicate one or two powers at a time, and that you didn't gained intuitive knowledge or experience about how to use that power via the replication process, then it isn't terribly OP.

Initially, it would be a pretty useless power. Once you'd gained a lot of experience replicating certain specific powers, you'd catch up on the learning curve some, but a super with the kind of power replication that I described would be eternally pushed into the role of "good at many things, great at none".
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Help me out
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun

Pragia
Powerbroker

Founded: May 08, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Pragia » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:28 pm

Cami, I get the sense you're either ignoring my character or I'm in a different location than thought.

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:31 pm

Pragia wrote:Cami, I get the sense you're either ignoring my character or I'm in a different location than thought.

Nah, Tara just doesn't have anything to say to him. Keep in mind, she has no idea who he is, or what his powers are.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Help me out
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun

Zernin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zernin » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:18 am

Pragia wrote:Cami, I get the sense you're either ignoring my character or I'm in a different location than thought.

She is evil, and I am speshial..
Last edited by Zernin on Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

Zernin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zernin » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:08 am

Name: Isaac Fain
Alias:Khaoes
Morality: Evil
Race: Superhuman*Classified*
Sexuality: Bisexual
Nationality: American*Classified*
Height: 5 feet 10 inches
Weight: 140 pounds
Build: Lean with thin muscles
Hair: Silver
Eyes: Violet(if you want your character to be unique make them have one of the rarest eye-colors in the world)
Costume:He wears a white trench coat, a tight white shirt that presses against his muscles, a white utility belt, and white cargo pants tucked neatly into black combat boots, he also has a white mask(like Robin's).

Abilities:*Classified*

Negative Energy Manipulation
Capabilities
Users are in control of negative energy, usually from some inter-dimensional or negative source. Negative energy can come in waves or as tiny particles. Users also able to gather energy from negative influences such sadness, rage,hatred, despair, etc. and channel it into raw power.
This power is usually limited to its destructive force. Negative energy is often unstable and takes a great deal of power and time in order to control its nature.

Applications
Negative Energy Absorption/Negative Energy Conversion
Negative Volatile Constructs/Negative Energy Constructs
Negative Energy Blasts
Flight by riding dark energy
Force-Field Generation of negative energy
Unleash streams and waves of dark energy
Manipulate, shape, and control darkness/shadows

Dorm: Villain

Brief Bio: Isaac Fain grew up in a fairly happy family, not too rich not too poor, just normal. Eventually he gained his abilities, and as with most other people that is when everything changed now he has gone off somewhere, he went to New York to hide, well let's just say New York has a massive "Specials" population, which it does and that is bad simply because...Isaac gets involved in everything, have fun with him and don't let him haunt you.[/quote]

I want to put -serious- levels of restraint on this character, not power-level wise, I just need a teacher for him, maybe a telepath/telekinetic to help him control his ability, or an Ergokinetic, or a mixture of ergo kinetics/telepaths/telekinetics with different specialties, or someone with his power.
Last edited by Zernin on Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Zernin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zernin » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:33 am

So, was Mercy accepted?Because now she only has Telekinetic energy manipulation/telekinesis, well she has had just that!((I'm pretty sure she wasn't, though there was no "Not accepted" either.))

Sorry for triple post, I needed to ask a question and I should stop using posting place for blabber and start using it for important stuff.
Last edited by Zernin on Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eaglleia
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Eaglleia » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:37 am

Zernin wrote:So, was Mercy accepted?Because now she only has Telekinetic energy manipulation/telekinesis, well she has had just that!((I'm pretty sure she wasn't, though there was no "Not accepted" either.))

Sorry for triple post, I needed to ask a question and I should stop using posting place for blabber and start using it for important stuff.

You could have just edited it into your first post.

Orinon
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Orinon » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:40 am

We use this thread for important stuff? O.o

Zernin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zernin » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:44 am

Eaglleia wrote:
Zernin wrote:So, was Mercy accepted?Because now she only has Telekinetic energy manipulation/telekinesis, well she has had just that!((I'm pretty sure she wasn't, though there was no "Not accepted" either.))

You could have just edited it into your first post.

That's true.

Uhm, I don't think you use this thread for important stuff, O.o.

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Founded: Feb 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:04 am

Yes, we do use the thread for things other than pregnancy jokes and the occasional well-intentioned ribbing of a funny spelling error that results in me having to apologize for that.

Camicon wrote:
Altruistic Paladins wrote:Super Hero High: Prometheans Rising

Only if Tara gets to toss Javik out an airlock.

There is a renegade interrupt for that, or several since we do not operate on dialogue wheels and interrupts, however Paragon sweet or Renegade badass they may be.
By Hits Holy Hand,
The Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton II of the People of the DSA and Protector of Ukraine
Inaugurated 12:06 A.M. Ecuador Standard Time, June 26, 2014; crowned 12:23 A.M. EST; June 26, 2014; instituted the Separation of Positions 1:07 A.M. EST, June 26, 2014; retired from office 4:58 P.M. EST, June 27, 2014; returned to office 1:05 A.M. EST, June 30, 2014; retired again 12:05 P.M. EST

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:19 am

Altruistic Paladins wrote:
Camicon wrote:Only if Tara gets to toss Javik out an airlock.

There is a renegade interrupt for that, or several since we do not operate on dialogue wheels and interrupts, however Paragon sweet or Renegade badass they may be.

I wish there was, because my FemShep would have done it without so much as a backwards glance.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Help me out
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse