NATION

PASSWORD

The Walking Dead: Schism / Episode 3 [IC - Closed]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

SSTxReaper
Minister

Founded: Nov 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby SSTxReaper » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:18 pm

United World Order wrote:Johnny chuckled and shook his head. "That bitch is not what this trial is about, its about Alex" he said as he scratched his forehead.

"True and I already stated my vote about Alex. But since we're here now and acting for once like a group why not put her on the stand as well. After all she did shot and injured Alex. Might as well get her on here now so we can vote on it as well." Xia said.
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."-J. Robert Oppenheimer

"Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war."-Donald Trump

"Leadership cannot really be taught. It can only be learned."-Harold S. Geneen

"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards "-Albert Einstein

Raziac
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Raziac » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:33 pm

"Right here, actually." I respond with a smile, my body language anything but friendly.
"We've already covered this. Now please, if we could move on, I'd enjoy it, as I'm sure everyone else would. Also, my name isn't 'Bitch', it's Kyra." I remark before sitting grabbing the chair the Scott kicked and sitting down in it.
Last edited by Raziac on Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FT-Prime. Stand your ground laws in effect. A country of human beings living in a bi-solar planetary system.
DEFCON 10
STANDBY LEVEL; 5
BUYING; Uranium
Step 1: Take 5% of my population.
Step 2: Go to nsecomomy, find Raziac.
Step 3: Find Unemployed but Able and Criminal numbers.
Step 4: Divide Unemployed but Able by 4.
Step 5: Add new Unemployed but Able total to the 5%.
Step 6: Divide Criminals by 35.
Step 7: Add new Criminal total to the Unemployed but Able and 5%.
Step 8: Done!
We support alternative energy, or in Emperor Palpatine's words UNLIMITED PPOOWWWAAHHHHHHH!!!!

Dimoniquid
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 10, 2009
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Dimoniquid » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:36 am

Alex sighed again. "I'm going to make you an offer. I'll plead guilty and exile myself... if you leave the group, come with me, and fight it out. No group intervention, no weapons - just man to man action. Your choice. Whoever survives at the end of the fight comes wins. You want the chance to kill me - take my offer." Alex called after Scott. "It's pretty even. We both have fucked limbs, we both know how to fight. It's just about who wants it more, Scott."
Last edited by Dimoniquid on Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nexeria
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nexeria » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:19 am

Kenny

Kenny and Zoe had not been heard for most of the Trial. Kenny was unsure of what had happened between Alex and Scott. Kenny had developed strong opinions about Scott himself. Kenny didn't know much about Alex, except for the fact he's missing an arm.

Kenny raised his hand, "Hang on. I haven't got to vote."

[OOC: Would've said more, but I gotta 2 go be back later. Promise.]
Last edited by Nexeria on Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have no mouth. And I must scream.
-Ted the Voiceless Blob

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:33 pm

"Not my affair, son," Joseph said gruffly. "From where I'm sitting, if you and Scott want to go at it, well, the old ways were always best. Mano a mano."
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:04 pm

The Explorer pulled up as quietly as it could outside of the parked pool of cars. Once it was back in it's previous spot, Allison turned the key off. "So you've met the group yet?" She asked Ashely. Ashely shrugged. "The only ones I really met were Marshall and Shelton." "Both assholes." Allison said a sudden bitterness. "You can't expect everyone to like you." "They just don't get me." "Well, Marshall was also misguided on a lot of things." "Ain't that the truth."

The two took their equipment and exited the SUV. Not paying Shelton any mind, Allison held her sister's arm as they walked into the control tower. They weren't aware of the trial, or what caused it in the first place. They sat to themselves and casually chatted in a corner of the open room.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Nexeria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nexeria » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:23 pm

Kenny

Kenny looked at Alex, the man had busted nose and one-arm, he couldn't have posed much of a threat to Scott or the group. Kenny stood up and walked over to Alex. His burns were healing, but it caused him pain nonetheless.

"Now I'm not sure what happened between you to, but as far as I'm concerned this guy's innocent. I'm not helping murder a handicapped guy. Look at him. You're telling me this guy poses a threat to the group."

Turning toward Alex, Kenny continued, "I will admit that Alex shooting Scott was incredibly stupid, but lucky for Scott, he didn't get shot, at least not by Alex. Hell, I was shot helping Scott before! I was burned because of Scott! How many people have died under his leadership? I've been shot helping Scott. I would blame him for the burns, but I feel like I brought that on myself. Scott's a good guy... but I think we need to change the way we run things around here. Stop putting all the weight on Scott, because in the end everyone will just balme him."

"I say innocent." Kenny finished.
Last edited by Nexeria on Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
-Ted the Voiceless Blob

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Cylarn » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:59 pm

Nexeria wrote:Kenny

Kenny looked at Alex, the man had busted nose and one-arm, he couldn't have posed much of a threat to Scott or the group. Kenny stood up and walked over to Scott. His burns were healing, but it caused him pain nonetheless.

"Now I'm not sure what happened between you to, but as far as I'm concerned this guy's innocent. I'm not helping you murder a handicapped guy. Look at him, Scott. You're telling us this guy poses a threat to the group or to you."

Turning toward Alex, Kenny continued, "I will admit that Alex shooting you was incredibly stupid, but lucky for you, you didn't get shot, at least not by Alex. Hell, I was shot helping you! I was burned because of you! I've been thinking a lot lately. Just how many people have died under your leadership? I want to say I respect you, Scott, but... I don't think I do."

"I say innocent." Kenny finished.

"So, your vote is based on the fact that Scott isn't a good leader?" Monroe asked. "Think about what you're doing. Scott saved your life, repeatedly. Remember that time back at the depot, when my "friends" were seizing the bus? Remember who seized the initiative? Think about that, and think about why you're putting your own personal views into your decision. You're making your decision because you don't like Scott, not on the evidence presented. Can't you see that Alex is changing his story? First, he said that he didn't intend to kill Scott; now he's saying that he didn't notice the vest and that he aimed on impulse. Think about what he said, not your personal views of Scott."

Scott barged back into the room, and simply listened to the rest of the trial. Alex had challenged him, but Alex also advocated democratic rule.

"Alex, don't that go against what you've been advocatin' for?" Scott asked.
Last edited by Cylarn on Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

Nexeria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nexeria » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:34 pm

Kenny

Kenny replied.

"Look, it's not about Scott. I do respect and thank...

Turning toward Scott.

...you for saving my life. In truth, you remind me of my brother. I feel like you got my back, but at times it seems your holding a knife to it. It just seems, if we have a leader, we have someone to blame if things go bad, and honestly I don't want to see you dead. I would suggest the same as Xia, but still Alex won't last long on his own, not in his condition. I'm not sure what to do, but I don't think you should kill Alex."
Last edited by Nexeria on Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-Ted the Voiceless Blob

United World Order
Senator

Founded: Jun 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby United World Order » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:38 pm

"What else do you want done with him, if hes innocent him and Scott will be at eachothers throats till we find one of them dead" he said with a sigh before stretching his arms out.

"I dont think we need anymore outbursts of violence today or anyother day, involving them. Someone has to go" he finished

Nexeria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nexeria » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:51 pm

Kenny

"Maybe..." Kenny replied to Johnny's statement. "...but if anyone's gonna kill Scott it's not gonna be Alex. Hehe, that would be something. We could take his gun... but then there's danger of walkers or worse. What was Alex's reason for attacking Scott, again? Restate it, anybody."
Last edited by Nexeria on Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Ted the Voiceless Blob

United World Order
Senator

Founded: Jun 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby United World Order » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:58 pm

"From what I heard, Alex was fed up with Scott over leadership" He said "Shooting the leader doesn't really count as discussing leadership problems" Johnny finished

Sulamalik
Minister

Founded: Apr 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sulamalik » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:59 pm

"It took a shooting to get us to, that's for sure." Piped Yussef from the back.
Freiheit Reich wrote:"Economically disadvantaged and angry urban youth music."
Is that a nicer and more modern term to use?

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:20 pm

Allison looked over and sighed. "Ash...head to the tower. I've got to figure something out." Ashely nodded solemnly and headed up the staircase to the tower, stopping on the steps and sitting down. Allison kept her hood up and breathed. She put on a poker face and stood up. Her rifle was on her back, her knife in it's sheath, her kodachi in it's hold, her pistol in her holster, and her pack on her back. She walked up to the others. "What's going on here?" She asked.
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Phonencia
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Phonencia » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:16 am

Taylor sighed as Scott ignored her and left.
"Oh well."
she sighed. Matt shrugged,
"He's not really the talkative type."
the Coordinator said.
"Yeah, but he probably should tell someone how he's feeling. He needs to just sit and tell someone how he feels without them..."
Taylor began
"Trying to kill him or dogcussing him?"
Matthew finished.
"Yeah, pretty much. Holding stuff in and never complaining about it is never good."
she sighed in reply, lazily resting her head on her soldier's shoulder.
"You're not very comfy y'know."
she teased, tapping a polished fingernail against the magazine pouches on his vest that were poking her in the ribs.
"Sorry."
Matt replied with a grin, pulling her up and off the uncomfortable gear strapped onto his body armor (which wasn't exactly pillow-soft either)
"Do you wanna' go back inside and see what everyone's said?"
Taylor asked, unbuckling the strap of the Captain's helmet and lifting it off his head. She leaned down and placed a kiss on his forehead.
"I'm fine right here, thanks."
Matthew replied.
Taylor ran a hand over the prickly little brown buzz cut atop his head and pouted,
"I wish you'd grow your hair out."
Matthew groaned,
"I've had a military haircut since I was like 15. I'm not sure it remembers how to grow back."
he replied, running a hand across the tiny stubble starting to grow over his face.
"I could use a shave."
he noted.
"I like it, it makes you look sexy in a rough kind of way."
Taylor replied with a smirk, leaning in for a hug. The Captain, not missing such a perfect opportunity, lowered his chin and viciously rubbed his scratchy whiskers against Taylor's cheek, causing her to squeel a little and leap back laughing.
"Oooh, sexy and dangerous."
she giggled. Matthew laughed as well and kissed her cheek,
"If you want me to I'll stop shaving my head."
he offered,
"But no beards or whiskers or anything. Regardless of how sexy it makes me look."
Taylor smiled and smacked his arm,
"Oh fine."
she agreed. The two sat together, enjoying each other's company for another long moment before the Captain said,
"We should probably get back inside. Make sure no one's trying to kill anyone or whatever."
Taylor pulled away to look at him,
"Yeah what's with them anyway? Why are they all together if they act like they hate each other?"
she asked.
"I mean, since I got here the only people I haven't seen yelling or fighting have been ignoring everyone else for the most part and just sorta' sitting in a corner or whatever. It's kinda' sad."
Matthew shook his head sadly,
"I know. They weren't anywhere near this bad when I joined them a couple days ago. See, everyone was living in a prison quite a ways from here and from what I've heard it was pretty nice for a while. But there's this weird team of pyschopaths running around called "The Watchers". They've been screwing with the group for quite a while. They killed a bunch of people in the group and freaked the rest out pretty thoroughly. From what I can tell, they're ex-special forces or something. Anyway, while Monroe and I were out, the prison exploded. From what I've heard, one of the Watchers infiltrated the place, killed a couple people and blew the whole thing up. Everyone's been on the road since."
Taylor looked a little scared. Nothing that unfortunate or dangerous had happened at The Compound before.
"The worst part is, we don't know if The Watcher is still with us or not. And there's probably still one or two of his buddies out there, stalking us. It creeps me out. That's one of the reasons I spend so much time with Scott and Monroe. They're the only ones I KNOW I can trust because they both helped me kill a few Watchers and have had my back since I crashed near the prison."
Taylor hugged her soldier tightly,
"I'm kinda' scared now."
she said,
"Should we really be outside?"
Captain Shelton seemed to consider it a moment then concluded,
"No, not really. It's probably safest in the top of the tower, away from everyone else. We should cover the windows though, so no one can see us when we're up there."
Taylor looked wary for a moment, arching an eyebrow at her boyfriend.
"No, no not like that!"
he defended,
"I mean, y'know, snipers and stuff."
Taylor smirked smugly at her soldier, finally stumbling verbally and at a loss for words rather than his cool, collected self.
"And stuff..."
she repeated, wriggling her eyebrows in a playfully suggestive manner. The two laughed happily and hugged again,
"Seriously though, we should get inside like, now."
Matt said into Taylor's hair. She groaned with annoyance and slid off his lap.
"Alright. Let's go."
she was oblivious to it, but anyone with the eye for training and detail would notice that as she walked, her soldier shadowed her, eclipsing her from view to anyone that may be behind them at the omenous treeline. He walked with her more like a bodyguard than a passionate lover and as soon as she stepped inside and the door slammed behind them, he let out a breath he didn't know he'd been holding. The two immediately went to the stairs (though Taylor half wanted to stay and watch the proceedings) Rather than going straight up to the top though, they waited at the foot of the winding concrete staircase, watching everyone.
Unified diversity
Functioning as one body
Every part encouraged by the other
No one independent of another
Irreplaceable
Indispensable
You're incredible
Incredible...

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Postby Cylarn » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:45 am

Monroe paced around the room, looking at everyone as he put his two semesters of his incomplete Criminal Justice degree to work. He stood beside Alex, putting a hand on his shoulder before speaking, looking directly at the people who sided with Alex before approaching them.

"If we let him get away with trying to kill a member of the group, what else will you let him get away with?" Monroe asked. "You're conceding to what he wants. He says he wants a council in charge of the group. While I am not saying that it's not a bad idea, look at how he will use that to his advantage. Soon, he'll ask for a bigger meal ration, and you're gonna concede to that, right? If you let him get away with shooting a member of the group, then why shouldn't you let him get away with other things? What are you going to do once he's ruled innocent? Rule Scott guilty for getting shot? Are you gonna exile him, or take him behind a building and shoot him in the back of the head? Are you gonna take myself and Shelton as well and execute us? Is that how the law works around here? You commit a crime and get off the hook, while the innocent man gets punished? Is that your philosophy? Answer me that."
Last edited by Cylarn on Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

Phonencia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Phonencia » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:51 am

Shelton smiled at Monroe's back,
"Well done."
he said quietly, crossing his arms over his chest. He had some things to say that were fairly important but decided they could wait until AFTER everyone was through realizing how illogical they were acting through the help of Monroe.
Unified diversity
Functioning as one body
Irreplaceable
Indispensable
You're incredible
Incredible...

Nexeria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nexeria » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:14 am

Kenny

Kenny mind then locked in a standstill.

"I understand your point, and... I am becoming unsure about what to do with Alex. Alex brings up an excellent point about our leadership condtions, but he made a stupid mistake. I mean why the Hell would a one-armed man attack an ex-soldier surrounded by other soldiers, without expecting someone else to intervene. Incredibly stupid, yes. But, maybe his mind is scrambeled because he just lost his arm, and witnessed a lot of people die. I wanna think he was misplacing his anger, but I don't know? *Sigh*"

Kenny paused and responded to Monroe.

"And look I'm not on Alex's side, about trying to overthrow Scott, but I do propose we start acting a little more like a democracy. Now, I don't mean everybody has to get a vote, just whoever is willing to make tough decisions, kind of like this."
Last edited by Nexeria on Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Ted the Voiceless Blob

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Postby Cylarn » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:22 am

Nexeria wrote:Kenny

Kenny mind then locked in a standstill.

"I understand your point, and... I am becoming unsure about what to do with Alex. Alex brings up an excellent point about our leadership condtions, but he made a stupid mistake. I mean why the Hell would a one-armed man attack an ex-soldier surrounded by other soldiers, without expecting someone else to intervene. Incredibly stupid, yes. But, maybe his mind is scrambeled because he just lost his arm, and witnessed a lot of people die. I wanna think he was misplacing his anger, but I don't know? *Sigh*"

Kenny paused and responded to Monroe.

"And look I'm not on Alex's side, about trying to overthrow Scott, but I do propose we start acting a little more like a democracy. Now, I don't mean everybody has to get a vote, just whoever is willing to make tough decisions, kind of like this."

"I think we should just exile him," Scott said. "Give him a gun, a ruck, some ammo, some food, and some supplies, and send him off into the wilderness. I do not object to a council, but we need to relocate before we make any decisions on the council issue. I'll be more than happy to form a council, but we need to relocate first."
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:24 am

Allison had been listening silently for a while; her presence seemed to go unnoticed. Instead of speaking up again, she listened intently. So that's what had happened. That's why everyone was all in an uproar. She stayed calm and looked between the others as they chatted.

Achievement

Dimoniquid
Powerbroker

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Dimoniquid » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:56 am

"Get your hand off me, Monroe." Alex said, shrugging Monroe's hand off of his shoulder. He looked at Scott. "I'm a bit confused, Scott. First, you wanted me to be executed - now, you say that I should get exiled? What made you change your mind?" Alex asked. Alex had it figured out. He would be exiled. There would probably be a stalemate between people who wanted to execute him and people who didn't. He'd end up being exiled with a supplies that would last him a day or two.

Shelton said that they could going to Tennessee - and he'd follow them. By plane, he guessed it would be an hour or two to get there - by car, or by horse, it would take a day or two with the main highways being blocked up. The highway would be a good place to get supplies, with abandoned cars and other assorted vehicles, he was confident he'd find some supplies there. Then, he'd head to Tennessee, and make sure that he got his revenge.

Phonencia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Phonencia » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:20 am

Matthew cleared his throat loudly, moving down a few steps so everyone could see him better. When he spoke, he was Captain Shelton again, all professional.
"Kenny you should know we ARE going to start operating more democratically. But NOT as a Democracy. I once heard before all this, an excellent quote that sums up my feelings on the matter. Democracy is what happens when two wolves and a lamb vote on what's for dinner. A Republic is what happens when the lamb has an AK47 and contests the vote."
his voice rose a little so everyone could hear,
"Everyone that's coming with me should know. The Compound, in Tennessee, functions somewhat as a Republic. There's a council of people that represent different groups within The Compound and other councils of specialists in charge of things like maintenance, healthcare, etcetera. Ultimately, I am in charge but I don't make a habit out of ignoring dozens of my peers and doing something stupid or immoral, so you can all pull your trousers back outta' your asses. When we get there, all of you can either integrate with the main populace completely or stay together and pick out a representative for the council. Either way though, if you all want a more Democratic leadership, your best bet is to come with me."
he shrugged,
"I won't pretend not to care about most of you. A lot of you have been very helpful, supportive and kind to me and Taylor, especially you guys, Scott and Monroe. I'd hate to just part ways without ever seeing you guys again, so I'd really prefer it if you'd come with me. Gabrielle, Ashley, Allison, you girls too. And Yussef and Kenny. I'd hate to miss out on one of your little panic attacks,"
he chuckled,
"The rest of you I don't know well but would still like to bring with me with a few obvious exceptions. I won't name names,"
he coughed fakely and muttered a "Johnny" and "Alex" in between,
"But even though you piss me off, it's kinda' my job to NOT let people die if at all possible. Sooo you can come too."
he looked at Alex,
"Well, not you obviously. I'd prefer we just shoot you but they all seem against it so, I guess you're gonna' be exiled."
he shrugged,
"Now's the best time for it I suppose. Someone get a paper and pencil, everyone that wants to come to Tennessee with me, write your name on the list and when everyone's done, just bring it to me and I'll make arrangements for everyone's gear and seating."
he climbed back up the stairs to Taylor's side,
"Oh, and anyone that want's a comfy, first class seat, I'm willing to trade ya' for a small pair of boots."
he sat down on the concrete step casually, Taylor lowering herself to the step next to him and not commenting.
"That's all. Carry on."
Captain Shelton said, slipping back into his relaxed, casual state where he was simply Matthew.
Last edited by Phonencia on Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Unified diversity
Functioning as one body
Irreplaceable
Indispensable
You're incredible
Incredible...

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:15 pm

Allison looked to Shelton. "This, coming from the guy who said I was acting like a ittle fucking kid earlier. Why do you want me? And a better question: Why should I go? I have people here. People I made a personal attachment with. People that you haven't seen. So why should I leave?" She asked.

Achievement

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:41 pm

It was during another of "Captain" Shelton's little speeches, about how his shit didn't stink and how he was the last bastion of rational thought and human dignity, that Joseph finally acted.

His plans had almost been ruined when Gimpy McBumleg went outside and sat in the Tahoe, and Idiot Army Boytm and his ex-pop star "girlfriend" followed him. Then the Explorer pulled up, with the crazy girl and her sister in it, moments later. Thankfully, he had been inside the hangar at the time, where he stayed until everyone had gone back into the building. Alone once again, he finished his preparations.

As many supplies as he could fit, stockpiled. Fuel, siphoned. Tires, slashed. And, Joseph chuckled to himself at his own skill, one GPS with coordinates marking the location of hundreds of caches, with everything a body could want for the end of the world. Joseph had already uploaded the GPS's data to Colossus, so he dropped the little computer on the ground and smashed it in half with his boot. No point in letting these fuckwits keep it.

If anyone had been listening particularly hard while Shelton was speaking, they might have heard the ignition of the HMMWV. Had anyone gone outside to look, they would see that Johnny's motorcycle, the Explorer, Tahoe, the vehicles that the Toledo group had driven in on, and the tour bus all had deflated tires. Large lateral slashes clearly visible in the rubber. A further inspection would reveal that not one of the vehicles had any gasoline left in their tanks. Whatever bicycles had been sitting around would be found with their spokes cut, and chains twisted beyond repair.

If, at this point, anyone thought it might be a good idea to check inside the vehicles, they would discover that each one had been stripped bare of the supplies they had been carrying. When members of the group went to inspect the condition of the plane, as they undoubtedly would, they would find a meager amount of supplies stuffed into the back. A few jugs of gasoline, and enough food and water to last the group two or three days (possibly up to a week if strictly rationed). Of the guns and ammunition, there remained almost nothing. A pair of pump-action Remington shotguns, with 100 shells of double ought between them; one bolt-action hunting rifle, no scope, and 30 rounds; four semi-automatic .22 rimfire rifles, each with about 60 bullets. There was no military hardware left.

Resting on top of the pile of supplies, was a small handwritten note, that read:
Hey there,

Sorry to leave so abruptly and all, but I have other engagements to make, and I was growing quite bored with all the infighting going on. Honestly, if any of you had pulled your heads from out of your asses for a few minutes or more, you might have able to stop me and my compatriots. Of course, your pathetic little "leadership" was too busy sending able-bodied men on suicide missions, just to add some more dead weight. A little unfortunate really. You didn't even make it entertaining for me.

And your little "trial". I really must thank you for that. It's the only reason I was able to pull this off. What a waste of time and energy, trying to decide whether or not to kill off a valuable group member. In case you hadn't noticed, humanity is near the brink of extinction. We're hopelessly out-manned, and while our numbers shrink daily their's grow steadily larger. And there you are, debating among yourselves about whether or not you should kill an asset, or exile him from the group. I wish I could say it surprised me that nobody thought to just let the Gimpy McBumleg and Gimpy McOnehand talk things out, and settle things like the adults they are, but I can't.

Thank you for those supplies, by the way. That GPS as well. That'll keep my boss, and my boss' boss, flush with some top notch gear for a while to come. Honestly "Captain", though you're undeserving on the rank, I have no idea how someone so completely clueless as you is even alive right now. A child could have pulled that off of you.

Anyways, it's been fun and all. I'll be interested to see how long it takes for your "group" to self-destruct. Like that prison of yours. Hoo' boy, did you see that explosion? Boom! Like a goddamn fireworks show. Boy, if there's anything I love more than fucking around with simpletons, it's blowing up their shit.

But I really must be going now. Cheers. We'll be watching.

The letter was signed with a roughly drawn eye. The symbol that the Watchers had used to mark their territory back in Milan.

Joseph would be long gone by the time anyone discovered his sabotage. And with no vehicles to pursue him, and almost no weapons to fight him with, taking back what he had stolen from them was simply not possible. For his part, Joseph was just anxious to wait and see if they would discover the "present" he had left them, expertly hidden aboard the plane. Probably not though. They were a useless bunch of people, really.

And all this time, from the concealing forests around the airfield, a pair of eyes watched.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Country of glowing hearts, and patrons of the arts
Help me out
Star spangled madness, united sadness
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Don't shine for swine. - Metric, Soft Rock Star
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Why (Male) Rape Is Hilarious [because it has to be]

Dimoniquid
Powerbroker

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Dimoniquid » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:14 pm

Alex looked around. He tallied the votes - he was almost beat. One man hadn't really given his opinion yet - at least not to Alex, anyway. Joseph. He looked around the room. "Where's Joseph?" Alex asked. He could hear the sound a car, truck, something driving away from the airport. "What in the hell is that?"

"I'll go see what it is." Sara replied. She walked outside, pulling out the P14 that she had taken off of Alex. "Shit. Where the fuck is all of our stuff!" She shouted. "We've got a problem!" She shouted inside to the hanger. "Joseph took all of stuff, I'll check the plane." She said, chambering a round and heading towards the plane. Inside, she inspected the supplies and picked up the note. "Well fuck you too." She dropped the note, and picked up a shotgun, along with a handful of shells.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse