NATION

PASSWORD

World Cup of Hockey 20 - RP/rosters/results thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Falkasia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 22, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby Falkasia » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:55 pm

"What bullshit!" Kazyenko screamed, flipping off the television as he batted his beer stein onto the floor with his other hand.

"That wasn't a tripping call! Are you kidding me? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?"

By this point in time, the television remote was half way across the room. The Premier was breaking bottles faster than could be replaced, and for all intents and purposes, had reverted to a manical state.

"Two Minute Tripping Penalty, called on Pavel Abramov..."

Kazyenko could care less, fuming at how poorly his team was playing. Sighing, the man inhaled sharply to loosen the pressure. Behind him, the buzzer suddenly went off.

"GOAL!!!" the announcer screamed, although he was droned out once again by a freshly enraged Vladimir.

"God damnit!" he screamed, nearly tearing his hair out. "Is it so hard to stop the puck? IS IT?"

"Power Play Goal, scored by #57, Left Wing Colm Strojovic..."

Kazyenko slumpt onto the couch, exhausted. Mindlessly, his hand searched for something to drink while the rest of his body crumpled lifelessly into the thick cushioning. This game was not going how he wanted.

"And that brings the score up to 3-2... with the Ice Knights leading by a margin of one..."

"Could this get any worse?" Kazyenko mumbled to himself, bringing a half-empty bottle of vodka to his lips to help quell the pain.

Not five minutes in to the third period, it did. A fight, of all things... a fight which should have been easily handled by former Falkasian Air Force Sergeant Jan Gavrin and Logan Guthrie. Only, it wasn't a fight but moreso a curb stomp.

Vladimir sat with his head in his hands, not wanting to watch as the Ice Knight suckerpunched his own player from behind. In one hit, the military veteran was out cold on the ice. That was all she wrote, and not two minutes later the Ice Knights followed up the dirty move with yet another goal.

"GOAL!!!" the announcer screamed, most likely wetting himself with excitement. "Goal scored by #18, Vladimir Tsoi... now bringing the score to a steep 4-2..."
Universal Defense Consolidated Storefront
Dramatis Personae
Just for the record; I'm colorblind to Yellow
Falkasia is ranked 1st in the region and 1st in the world for Most Awesome Nations.

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:14 pm

Montreal-Jeonjugrad Daily

Logan Guthrie-From homeless to Superstar

Loch Aislinn
Most do agree that the Royal Quebec Ice Knights, who are performing rather well in the World Cup of Hockey 20, is composed of many heros and superstars. And in this article, I would like to mention one of them, the one who weathered through so many challenges and went on to become one of the best players in the nation.

Logan Guthrie, for many times, was known as the 'Rezzi Tzar Kr'El of Quebec' or 'The Tormentor'. In ice, he is known as the most difficult and dangerous offensive player. While his scoring touch lacks of fire that younger players have in the offensive line, his skills as a two-way player is unparalleled in nation(excluding Maxwell Belmont-Deschamps). Logan, since his entry in the Quebec Hockey League as the enforcer(then the First-line offence) after 7 years in University and farm team, gained reputation for his brute, dangerous forces in the ice.

For Guthrie, it was dreams coming true, after so many hurdles and difficulties to get through his life.

His life, as many knows, has been a particularly difficult one for a Quebecois, let alone a Quebecois player.
Born in 11.12.1983 to a poor English Quebecois parents, he lived particularly a rough life. His father, who worked in construction sites across the cold,icy Northern Plains of Nunavut, was mostly not at home while His mother, from the age of 5, was confined to the ward at local hospital with a rare form of cancer. Logan, his brother Tyson(who was 7 years older than him) and his sister were separated and sent to the foster families across the nation. For 10 years, he attended 15 schools in 7 provinces. If not with his foster families, he stayed with his friends in the slums. He was homeless for large part of his life.

"It was a difficult time for me, being separated and far away from my family." said Guthrie, when asked of his early days. "I remembered how back when I was nine, I was at this place.... McConachie's,I believe,in St. John's. 8 months later, I was sent to the Riouxs at Western Attawapiskat. 3 months later, I just ran away and lived with friends at the Slums in the East End for a year before escaping that hellhole by illegally riding the freight train from the trackside."

A turning point came when his brother Tyson finally broke through the Junior League and made it to the pre-dynasty Quebec Nordiques. 15 at the time, he was finally able to live with his brother again and gained his life back on track. Tyson took his brother and sister in, granting them a safety net in a small home in upscale Quebec City neighbourhood.
"I still remember how Tyson, when he got his first salary, bought our own house," said Mr. Guthrie. "After so many years of isolation and danger, me and my sister were finally able to find a refuge and get the pieces of our life back and matched, piece by piece."

Another pivoting moment came when he met Eloise Decarie, a fellow student. She discovered him when she saw him walking into the school in an early December morning. He was wearing A-Shirt and a short.
"At that moment, tears came out of my eyes," said Mrs.Decarie-Guthrie, who's now his wife and mother of 3 children,"It was really hurting to see."
She quickly turned and offered him the way to his home. From then, she and her brother Francois-Xavier became a particularly important person in his life, instrumental in turning his life around. She often came and supported him by tutoring, while her brother Francois(who went on to become his linemate at the current Ice Knights) teached him about the Ice Hockey, the sport and passion that he found.

Slowly and slowly, he was gaining his way out of the darkness and being closer to the ultimate goal: The Quebec Hockey League. His grades and personality gradually and rapidly improved, until when he was elected as the Student Council President and graduated as an Honour Roll Student. Logan Guthrie, by the time when he graduated from high school, was far different man than he used to be.

Logan continued to take his path, studying Psychology and Physical Education in Universite St. Croix. At there, he continued to be successful, where he was the Captain of the Bleu et Blanc Ice Hockey team for the last 3 of his 4 years and scored 217 points in 124 matches. After graduation, he then drafted by the St. John's Celtics.

And the rest is history. The life, for him lately has become a wonder. He's happily married to his longtime girlfriend of 11 years in 2009, in a hugely celebrated ceremony in St. John's, and is now with 2 kids. His career as a hockey player continued to be successful, with him scoring 136 goals and 256 assists under Celtics,in total of 392 points in 496 games.

However, his journey is not over yet. Guthrie, who's now 29, has annually donated $750,000 out of his $4 million salary to various charity organisations across the nation, as well as being the ambassador for many of them.
"There are still many who lives in situations like me," said Mr. Guthrie. "and like myself, they also deserve chances to turn their lives around."
WORK IN PROGRESS: The Wanderer's Guide To Somewhere: Megathread!

Happy 420 Friends!

2x World Cup, 2x Baptism of Fire, 2x Cup of Harmony, 5x World Cup of Hockey, 2x World Bowl and 2x International Basketball Championships Host

Plutoni
Envoy

Founded: Mar 02, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Plutoni » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:47 pm

"...Plutoni took on an exciting Vaugania squad, the Golden Eagles fortunate to see their captain Tomas Alexander return to the ice after sustaining injuries early on. And after a run of low-scoring games for Vaugania, they had quite the second period, with all three goals coming in that twenty-minute interval. Plutoni went ahead on the power play, with Bainten Calvor scoring with Max Goulding in the box. And then we'd add another goal from Kayra Huse, but the Golden Eagles pulled back into the game, with Wilhelm Patrick scoring with four minutes left in the period."

"That's how it went down, Clive."

"And now comes the encounter we've all been waiting for, with Plutoni taking on the group leaders, Vilita and Turori up next."

"I haven't been waiting for it, Clive."

"The Ice Cat Things have an exciting attack, and it'll take our finest minds to figure out what they're going to do next."

"But Clive, this isn't the encounter I've been waiting for."

"What else do you do with your time? You're an announcer, you're supposed to announce these games."

"Yes, but when you think about it, they're only the fifth seeds, their success came out of nowhere."

"Exactly, which is what makes this such an exciting prospect, can they play like that against us? Or did they just benefit from easy scheduling and will they regress toward the mean?"

"Clive, nobody knew they were that good. So it isn't like we could have waited on this game, specifically."

"Oh. Well."

"And besides, it's just ice hockey."

"...Steve?"

"Now I know we all love ice hockey but there are other things we have to think about, you know, if Char wanted more autonomy, and was clashing with Plutoni--"

"--how can there be any more autonomy, Steve, it's an anarchy as it stands?"

"Well you know what I mean, if they were disagreeing, we'd have to agree that would be a more important encounter for us in Char than the hockey games."

"It still wouldn't, Steve."

"And why's that?"

"Steve, I'm still not from Char."

"Oh. Well. I mean I suppose that makes sense because you can't just change where you've been from."

"No, Steve, you can't."

"It would violate causality and--"

"That's enough, Steve."
Last edited by Plutoni on Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You're not a vacuum; you're a black hole!

84th Lowest Police Ratios

Seventeen Syllables
Secretary

Founded: May 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Seventeen Syllables » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:51 pm

Majestic castle
rejects foes imperfectly
without samurai

(Seventeen Syllables 0-1 Alexandr Land)
poetic RP / five-seven-five is the form / haiku? not haiku?

Kericia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 20, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Kericia » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:40 pm

Kericia Seagulls National Hockey Team

Uniforms

Coach
Don Rose / 48 years old

G
#1 Eli Kelly / 29 / Pulaski Snowmen
#30 Owen Wood / 22 / Scriba Eagles

D
#2 Paul Fuentes / 27 / Pulaski Snowmen
#15 Sean Price / 24 / Central Square Cs
#3 Jonathan Harris / 19 / Kericia Junior Seagulls
#11 Gene McDaniel / 22 / Scriba Eagles
#14 Tom Bennett / 32 / Scriba Eagles
#8 Carlos Scott / 27 / Hastings Ice Hawks
#17 Alex Gibson / 23 / Pulaski Snowmen
#12 Hayden Jackson / 20 / Kericia Junior Seagulls

O
#5 Dominic Smith / 25 / Hastings Ice Hawks
#20 Ben Harris / 22 / Pulaski Snowmen
#7 Albert Good / 33 / Hannibal Cannibals
#9 Miguel Davies / 29 / Fulton HC
#16 Ricky King / 23 / Scriba Eagles
#4 Julian Kelly / 24 / Pulaski Snowmen
#19 Kevin King / 26 / Scriba Eagles
#6 Herbert García / 29 / Hannibal Cannibals
#13 Allen Alston / 24 / Half Shire Bears
#10 Hal Bennett / 27 / Pulaski Snowmen

RP permissions
My Opponents, if they RP first, may:
Choose my Goalscorers: Yes
Godmod my Scores: Yes
RP Injuries to my Players: Yes
Godmod injuries to my Players: Yes
Hand out penalties to my players: Yes
Godmod other events: Yes

Gyatso-kai
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 03, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Gyatso-kai » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:26 pm

Close Calls Become Common. Ice Bisons Look Shaken

ONLINE EDITION
13 JANUARY 2013.1

TOURNAMENT - WORLD CUP OF HOCKEY

Image Comment (88235)
Image Share & Re-Post (82109)
Image Lianbook
Image RepTwitter
Image Print

Despite starting the World Cup of Hockey off on a strong foot, the Ice Bisons have begun to grow unsteady, winning the last two games by a lone goal each.

Whatever the cause of the late slump, it is sure to be known that Head Coach Kad Skirata is not amused in the least. After the 6-5 victory over Slembana, Skirata left the ice very quickly, only to be the first one in the locker room. Though ASPN reporters are not allowed into any locker room, it was reported that shouts in Mando'a could be heard and what words understood were not friendly.

Why should they be? After losing a 3-point lead in the final five minutes of the third period...

The Ice Bisons have been plagued by low-scoring games as of late; perhaps a sign of Hakoda Ishii's exhaustion in the tournament. Perhaps, it is simply time for the boys on the ice to change strategies... or even coaches...

Next up...
The Avatarian Republic of Gyatso-kai
Denomyn: Avatarian || Trigramme: GKI || Located: Arrosia
Factbook || Armed Forces Holocron
Champions: World Cup of Hockey XXIII, XLIV, XLV, XLVIII, L, AOHC XII
Runner-Up: World Junior Hockey Championship III, World Cup of Hockey XXI, XXVI,
Third Place: World Cup of Hockey XV, XVII, XVIII, XL, XLVII

Kelssek
Minister

Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kelssek » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:10 pm

Group 1
Northern Sunrise Islands 3–2 German American States
Thatius 1–0 THRILLEDGE
Arrentine 0–2 Byfugland
Cooland 0–1 Deandean98

Group 1                     Pld  W OTW T  L   GF  GA GD  Pts 
Thatius 5 4 1 0 0 11 1 +10 14
Byfugland 5 3 1 1 0 13 9 +4 12
THRILLEDGE 5 3 0 0 2 15 7 +9 9
Northern Sunrise Islands 5 2 1 1 1 13 9 +4 9
Deandean98 5 2 0 0 3 3 10 -7 6
Arrentine 5 1 1 0 3 4 8 -4 5 X
German American States 5 1 0 1 3 12 19 -7 4 X
Cooland 5 0 0 1 4 5 13 -8 1 X

Group 2
Falconwhereveryouare 1–0 The Republic of the Canucks
Maklohi Vai 1–2 Darmen
Homelands our 0–1 Kelssek
Liventia 0–1 Rovegia

Group 2                     Pld  W OTW T  L   GF  GA GD  Pts 
Falconwhereveryouare 5 4 1 0 0 9 3 +6 14
Maklohi Vai 5 4 0 0 1 10 4 +6 12
Kelssek 5 3 0 0 2 7 3 +4 9
Darmen 5 3 0 0 2 17 4 +14 9
Homelands our 5 3 0 0 2 6 5 +1 9
Rovegia 5 1 0 1 3 6 17 -11 4 X
Liventia 5 1 0 0 4 1 5 -4 3 X
The Republic of the Canucks 5 0 0 0 5 1 16 -15 0 X

Group 3
Weatherdon 3–0 Shadowbourne
Slembana 1–4 Mantwenic
Alexandr Land 1–2 Gyatso-kai
Farfadillis 0–0 Seventeen Syllables (1–2 GWS)

Group 3                     Pld  W OTW T  L   GF  GA GD  Pts 
Gyatso-kai 5 4 1 0 0 15 7 +8 14
Mantwenic 5 3 0 1 1 9 5 +4 10
Weatherdon 5 2 1 1 1 9 3 +6 9
Slembana 5 2 1 0 2 9 10 -1 8
Alexandr Land 5 2 1 0 2 7 6 +1 8
Farfadillis 5 1 0 3 1 4 10 -6 6
Seventeen Syllables 5 1 1 0 3 2 5 -3 5
Shadowbourne 5 0 0 0 5 3 12 -9 0 X

Group 4
Michael VII 3–1 The Old Confederate States
Estope 0–0 Torisakia (2–1 GWS)
Bloodbath Generation 0–2 Qazox
Kleibula 1–4 Nru_n

Group 4                       Pld  W OTW T  L   GF  GA GD  Pts 
Estope 5 3 1 1 0 13 2 +11 12
Qazox 5 4 0 0 1 17 10 +7 12
Michael VII 5 4 0 0 1 13 6 +7 12
Bloodbath Generation 5 3 1 0 1 9 4 +5 11
Torisakia 5 2 0 1 2 10 12 -2 7
The Old Confederate States 5 1 0 0 4 8 16 -8 3 X
Nru_n 5 1 0 0 4 6 13 -7 0 X
Kleibula 5 0 0 0 5 6 15 -12 0 X

Group 5
Thisbia 2–3 The Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Svengarda 2–2 Yesopalitha (2–3 OT)
Dayota 0–1 Valanora
Falkasia 0–0 Narsora (0–2 GWS)

Group 5                     Pld  W OTW T  L   GF  GA  GD Pts
The Royal Kingdom of Quebec 5 4 0 1 0 19 11 +8 13
Svengarda 5 4 0 1 0 14 5 +7 10
Yesopalitha 5 1 3 1 0 12 9 +3 10
Thisbia 5 2 1 1 1 11 6 +5 9
Valanora 5 1 1 0 3 6 6 0 5
Narsora 5 1 1 0 3 8 13 -5 5
Falkasia 5 1 0 2 2 3 9 -6 5
Dayota 5 0 0 0 5 3 15 -12 0 X

Group 6
Havl 5–0 Paxomnua
Free South Califas 4–4 Soviet Canuckistan (2–0 GWS)
Gallund 3–7 Polar Islandstates
Mashiki 3–5 Hydronium

Group 6                     Pld  W OTW T  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts
Free South Califas 5 3 2 0 0 13 7 +6 13
Soviet Canuckistan 5 4 0 1 0 16 6 +10 13
Havl 5 3 1 0 1 15 5 +10 11
Gallund 5 2 0 2 1 14 15 -1 8
Polar Islandstates 5 2 0 0 3 16 12 +4 6 X
Hydronium 5 1 0 1 3 8 15 -7 4 X
Mashiki 5 1 0 0 4 7 18 -11 3 X
Paxomnua 5 0 1 0 4 8 19 -12 2 X

Group 7
Sicoutimont 4–2 Venasta
Vaugania 0–1 Equestrian States
Vilita and Turori 5–6 Plutoni
Savski Venac 0–1 Lymantatia

Group 7                     Pld  W OTW T  L   GF  GA GD  Pts
Plutoni 5 5 0 0 0 14 7 +7 15
Vilita and Turori 5 4 0 0 1 17 10 +7 12
Equestrian States 5 4 0 0 1 11 7 +4 12
Sicoutimont 5 3 0 0 2 18 10 +8 9
Vaugania 5 2 0 0 3 3 4 -1 6
Venasta 5 1 0 0 4 10 19 -9 3 X
Lymantatia 5 1 0 0 4 4 12 -8 3 X
Savski venac 5 0 0 0 5 8 16 -8 0 X

Group 8
Mapletish 6–2 Saint Clarke
Polkopia 1–5 Birolika
Denorian 1–0 Mohawk Clans
Kericia 2–1 Qasaqi

Group 8                     Pld  W OTW T  L   GF  GA GD  Pts
Mapletish 5 5 0 0 0 27 11 +16 15
Birolika 5 3 0 1 1 17 12 +5 10
Denorian 5 2 1 1 1 4 3 +1 9
Mohawk Clans 5 2 1 0 2 12 8 +4 8
Kericia 5 2 1 0 2 8 9 -1 8
Polkopia 5 2 1 0 2 5 10 -5 8
Qasaqi 5 0 0 2 3 4 13 -9 2 X
Saint Clarke 5 0 0 0 5 5 16 -11 0 X
Last edited by Kelssek on Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Polar Islandstates
Senator

Founded: Jan 17, 2011
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Polar Islandstates » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:22 pm

Invermuir slapped the puck into the back of the net with a flourish. He did not celebrate. It was a hollow victory. The Firs had bombed out of the World Cup at the earliest stage for years. His final competition for the international side, and it was to be a devastatingly disappointing one. They had already been knocked out.

The new players simply hadn't gelled as well as they could have done. There wasn't much to be done about that, he conceded with a sigh, skating around to the bench to exchange fist-punches with all of them. Perhaps one day the Firs would be back on top of the world, and back in with a chance of reaching another final.

Perhaps.

It was with sinking heart that Invermuir conceded that that fateful day against Cotdelapoms had been his one and only chance, however, and that he would never win hockey's highest honour.

He answered the call from the bench to be exchanged with the second line, and did so without a whimper, settling down onto the bench with heavy heart, his childhood dream shattered. There would be no fairy-tale ending. Not for Invermuir.

Gallund got a goal back almost immediately, and their players celebrated. Three minutes left, what different would it make now? The Firs had won this battle, but Invermuir was going to lose the war.
The True Valhallan Federation of Polar Islandstates - Pop. 51,500,000
Capital: Franz Josef City - Demonym: Valhallan (Polarian) - Trigramme: PIS
sportnyheter.vu - Ides of March Cup
Champions: WC67, CR XIX, CR XVIII, CR XV, CR X, CR VIII, DBC56, DBC20, RLWC11, RLWC10 Runners-Up: WC66, WC65, CR VI, DBC29, DBC55, WCoH18
Third: WC70, WC68, WC57, CR XII, DBC27 Fourth: WC56, CR XXII, RLWC13, RLWC9, WCoH17
“Aut Pax Aut Bellum” - A formerly closed nation that definitely isn't fascist now. The strongest and one true constituent member of The Valhallan Union
He/Him/His

Seventeen Syllables
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Seventeen Syllables » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:43 am

Full time, overtime,
over-overtime—quickly,
Katana flashes.

(Farfadillis 0–0 Seventeen Syllables (1–2 GWS))

Paxomnia
Civil Servant

Founded: Nov 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Paxomnia » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:25 pm

Head coach:Brent Dale
LW. BOBBY Meline C. BENNETT Heemstra RW. BOOKER Radomski
LW. HUNG Hatteyer C. GALE Mittlestadt RW. SCOTTY Mcgwin
LW. RAYMUNDO Pizira C. ROBBY Blehm RW. SONNY Kais
LW. LINCOLN Seymor C.NOLAN Paustian RW. VANCE Skerl

LD. MARLIN Silvius RD. BARRET Spires
LD. ROB Mceniry RD. WES Kitchemman
LD. BRYON Ollmann RD.JARED Prioletti

G. BRENDAN McKenna
G. DAMON Ryder

Maklohi Vai
Minister

Founded: Jan 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Maklohi Vai » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:42 pm

A conversation between two youths in Totai's Softbrisket District

"WE LOST!"

"Yeah, we did. You gon cry bout it?"

"FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU WHY?"

"First, calm down. Second, STFU. Third, duferrk you gon do bout it?

"Don'tell me stfu. I got my own words, my own mouth. I gon say what I gon say."

"You need calm down. Now. Aint nothin you can do."

"I so damn mad, tho. How the hell we lose?"

"And ye'you was asking 'how we win?' when we won."

"Well I never got an answer."

"Figure that damned piece of psycho garbage out!"

"Talk to me!"

"Talk to yo therapist."

"Mind doctor? AW HELL NO! I ain't gon see no mind doctor."

"You better. You got some serious shizz gon down in that brain of yours."

"HELL NO! NO! NO! NO!"

"That's funny. You sound like my two year old."

"Hey, STFU."

"I got tell truth when it presents itself."

"Keep yo damn mouth shut fo'once."

"No. Honesty is the best policy. You know that."

"I ain't got no momma. I ain't got no daddy. Who gon teach me?"

"Yo grand mommy. She raised you, she teach you. Now get yourself out of my problems."

"Damn, don't leave, man."

"I got to go. I see you round."

"Fine. See you round."
"For the glory of our people, we govern our nation freely. For the glory of Polynesia, we help and strengthen our friends. For the glory of the earth, we do not destroy what it has bestowed upon us."
Demonym: Vaian
-Kamanakai Oa'a Pani, first president of Maklohi Vai
-6.13/-8.51 - as of 7/18
Hosted: MVBT 1; WBC 27; Friendly Cups 7, 9; (co-) NSCAA 5
Former President, WBC; WBC Councillor
Senator Giandomenico Abruzzi, Workers Party of Galatea
Administrator
Former:
Head Administrator
Beto Goncalves, Chair, CTA
Abraham Kamassi, Chair, Labour Party of Elizia
President of Calaverde Eduardo Bustamante; Leader, LDP
President of Baltonia Dovydas Kanarigis; Leader, LDP
President of Aurentina Wulukuno Porunalakai; Leader, Progress Coa.

Soviet Canuckistan
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Canuckistan » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:46 pm

Still first, only two more games left

Soviet Canuckistan lost in an exciting shootout to Free South Califas in their 5th game of WCOH 20. FSC began the first period with a bang with Eutychus Sloane scoring a beautiful top-shelf goal with a wristshot from the hashmarks. However, that wasn't the end of the scoring for the first as FSC managed to get in another in with a beautiful point shot by Stig Abbey to put them up 2-0 after 20 minutes of regulation time. However, the Canuckistanis rallied back with Petrovski finding the net at 17:20 to bring his team back into the game. The Canuckistanis equalized it not even a minute later with Smith bouncing the puck off the goalie's mask at 16:45. After 40 minutes of play, both teams were tied 2-2. The third period was an exciting one to say the least, FSC took the lead early at 19:34 with Ona Sullivan just barely getting it past the goal line. However, in the dying seconds of the game, Peunov as the 4th attacker with a pulled goalie managed to save the Canuckistani team from defeat in regulation time. Overtime was short but still filled with interest. Even after many close chances, the Canuckistani offence didn't pull it together and the game went into a shootout with FSC winning 2 shots to none.

We talked to the Canuckistani head coach after the game and he had to say, "We played a good game, not as well as we usually play but good nonetheless. FSC is a good team and were a good challenge. Anything can happen in these tournaments like last year's win by Birolika. Hopefully we play well tomorrow against Gallund and move forward in the tournament." Tomorrow's game can be caught online, on radio or on TV on any of our affiliates.

Schedule:
MD1: Soviet Canuckistan 6-0 Hydronium
MD2: Soviet Canuckistan 3-0 Polar Islandstates
MD3: Soviet Canuckistan 2-1 Paxomnua
MD4: Soviet Canuckistan 1-0 Havl
MD5: Soviet Canuckistan 3-3 (0-2 GWS) Free South Califas
MD6: Soviet Canuckistan --- Gallund
MD7: Soviet Canuckistan --- Mashiki
Economic Left/Right: -3.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.49

Alexandr Land
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Alexandr Land » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:16 pm

January, 6, 2013 hockey match Slembana vs Alexandr Land 1:0

King Alex I. watched the game on his TV when the time was 19:55 five seconds until the end of first period Slembana scored the kings reaction was this:

" Oh nevermind Slembana will not win this match. I hope "

But when the match ended it looked like this.

" WHY WE HAVE LOST THIS MATCH?! THAT GOALKEEPER! WHAT WAS IN HIS MIND? SITTING AT HOME AND EATING CHIPS? "
Welcome to Alexandr Land. Any refugees are welcomed. Also we have cookies!... seriously.

Gyatso-kai
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 03, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Gyatso-kai » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:51 pm

.:: From Rumplr user AvaH0ckeySUX Post #22121 ::.

How the Ice Bisons have managed to stay at the top of their group is beyond me! I mean, come on now! We barely win against the big name teams, and every game is a lone goal decided!

Skirata needs to be fired, plain and simple. He has been the Coach for five years, and our boys haven't yet won a cup?! Where is the validation for all the money the NSC pumps into Hockey Gyasto-kai? Where are all the 'new talent'? We have been running the same lines --- plus or minus a few random new players --- for five years. FIVE YEARS!!!

Something needs to be done...
The Avatarian Republic of Gyatso-kai
Denomyn: Avatarian || Trigramme: GKI || Located: Arrosia
Factbook || Armed Forces Holocron
Champions: World Cup of Hockey XXIII, XLIV, XLV, XLVIII, L, AOHC XII
Runner-Up: World Junior Hockey Championship III, World Cup of Hockey XXI, XXVI,
Third Place: World Cup of Hockey XV, XVII, XVIII, XL, XLVII

Birolika
Envoy

Founded: Jun 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Birolika » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:56 pm

The Daily Sheep
Birolika win, but attention distracted (but not by a bird this time)

Birolika managed another decent 5-1 win over a minnow side, this time it was 62nd ranked Polkopia and after going 2-0 up in the first it went 3-1 in the second it Birolika finished it off in the third by making it 5-1. This however wasn't the result that drew the most hope and attention from the Birolik fans as Mohawk Clans were defeat 1-0 to unranked Denorian which put Birolika into 2nd place and gave us another chance to go through.

Our game was rather boring in itself, although it did see young Ian Yoff bury his first hat-trick in the game which all came in the second and third period and become only the second under-21 after Artem Rilley in the Birolik squad. It was the first time in a while that Birolik fans started singing again, at least after the third goal went in. Of course I could talk about how great the goals are, but instead I'm going to talk about Yoff. He basically seems to be a new Artem Rilley, it is a comparison that is inevitable, however I would argue that he is a little more mature as a player and seems more well rounded. Either way he's made a decent addition to the squad and is currently being sold from the Canines to the Spiders.

In the other game meanwhile Mohawk Clans seemed to be being held to a draw by Denorian which would leave us about level with them, however it turned out to be much better than that: they ended up conceding a goal later on which now leaves us in 2nd place and once again gives hope back to the dream of not being known as a complete and utter fluke.
With the abolition of private property, then, we shall have true, beautiful, healthy Individualism. Nobody will waste his life in accumulating things, and the symbols for things. One will live. To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.
- Oscar Wilde

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:49 pm

Game 4 Review
Knights blew lead, then created one right after
Jorge Matheus Leger
FSK  0 2 0  2
QUE 2 0 2 4

GOALS
QUE: Belmont-Deschamps(4)
QUE: Belmont-Deschamps(5)
FSK: Kusko
FSK: Nabokov
QUE: Strojovic(4)
QUE: Tsoi

The Knights' match against Falkasia was a much-needed victory but a disapoointment for the Knights.
The Knights have opened the scoring when Maxwell Belmont-Deschamps easilyscored twice in a row at the first period. For most of the time,the period was mainly dominated by the Knights,who controlled the tide of the gsme. However,they were unable to continue their success as they allowed Falkasia to come back and even it up in the 2nd period. The wild mood at the Arena was quickly calmed, only to bring back the anger, as the fans booed wildly on the Knights players for their disappointing performance.
Unfortunately, Pierre Drouin was injured when Pavel Abramov accidentally tripped him as they fought for the puck. Drouin, left in the ice bleeding, was stuck for several minutes before being taken out on a bencher. This marked the end of his brilliant journey in the World Cup of Hockey, which will remain the great concern of the team.
However, the team continued to lead for the rest of the match,ultimately sealing the fate when Vladimir Tsoi scored his first goal and second point of the World Cup in a classy fashion. And the rest became history as they won.

The match was of particular importance for Quebec as His Imperial Majesty the Jacques IX, who was in Kelssek to negotiate trade contracts with the nation, was in attendance. The 9,000 Quebecois at the attendance applauded at the start of the match when the Emperor was shown in the attendance before the commencement of match.

Team Three-Stars
1st Star: Maxwell Belmont-Deschamps(2 goals, 1 assist)
2nd Star: Logan Guthrie(2 player injuries, 5 fights, 2 assists)
3rd Star: Michel Deslauriers

Note. Following the injury of Pierre Drouin, the position of Left Wing on the First line will be filled in by Logan Guthrie, while the spot on 3rd and 4th line will be with Irwin Harper and Indrajit Al Mahmoud.
Last edited by The Royal Kingdom of Quebec on Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Happy 420 Friends!

2x World Cup, 2x Baptism of Fire, 2x Cup of Harmony, 5x World Cup of Hockey, 2x World Bowl and 2x International Basketball Championships Host

Byfugland
Attaché

Founded: Dec 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Byfugland » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:55 pm

THE FLIGHT PATTERN- Your Official Source for Byfugland Jets Hockey

The Byfugland Jets came away with a seemingly easy victory last night against Arrentine. The Jets controlled the puck for most of the game, and utilized every aspect of their game to shut out their opponent, 2-0. Arrentine looked overmatched, as the quicker, more physical Jets locked down the opposing offensive threat and kept possession of the puck for a good majority of the game.

Even though the first period ended scoreless, it was clear that the Jets were in control of the game. It was astounding Arrentine managed to stay in the game, as slow defense and weak checks opened the door for many scoring opportunities for the Jets. It was, in fact, only due to the stellar play of the Arrentinian goalie that kept them in the game. No one save in particular was worthy of a highlight reel, but a long string of saves managed to stave off a Byfugland rout. It wasn't until early in the second period that Byfugland penetrated his defenses.

Three minutes into the period, Fyodor Makarov received a pass from the corner and stood all alone in the slot. With no one in front of him, he had a free shot on goal, and banged a wicked wrist shot off the top-right corner of the goalpost and over the line. The Jets scored again four minutes later, as Colton Reed deflected a slapshot from the point that came off the stick of Justin Byfuglien.

Byfugland eased off the gas pedal, putting their lower lines on the ice more. They still were able to set up chances, and though they did not score again, they dominated the rest of the game. The game was a surprise to no one, though many were impressed by the Arrentinian goaltender.

ARR: 0-0-0-0
BYF: 0-2-0-2

Scoring
1st Period
-None-

2nd Period
BYF: Fyodor Makarov, from Jarret Backman and Erik Commodore
BYF: Colton Reed, from Justin Byfuglien and Alexandros Ivanov

3rd Period
-None-

Goalies
ARR: #30- 47/49
BYF: Ryan Underhill- 34/34

Plutoni
Envoy

Founded: Mar 02, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Plutoni » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:59 pm

I shouldn't be this tired, Javier thought.

He hadn't been playing that long. It had been the first few lines rotating in and out, Plutoni at first hesitant to commit with their opponents pressing the attack. Then had come Eastern Raciani's goal, and Plutoni had gotten keyed up, equalizing through Resska Luskee.

Then the second period, both sides increasingly as itchy as the itchy trigger fingers on the unexpectedly-busy goal light button pressers. Cartai Chiate scored a hat trick, trickling into the third period, but Kevin was just as impressive, notching one of his own.

That hadn't been exactly what it was like, for the Bloodhounds to win the championship. Playing for Plutoni, Javier knew, was being part of a tradition of excellence, but with a constant striving for more. With high enough turnover rates that anyone could get their chance to come in and make a difference.

The Bloodhounds...they were more attacking, more desperate to prove themselves. Not even to be taken seriously--they were fine with the ineligible players being listed. If they were taken seriously, they were confident, they'd be crushed. Better to be ignored, treated as the incompetents they were in a division they'd never wanted to play in anyway.

And then they'd won it all.

The game in Kelssek wound on, with defenders being pushed up and forwards falling back--the fans were thrilled, the players just exhausted. The warmth of Javier's equipment didn't help. Maybe once he went out on the ice...? Andersen scored, so did defender "Mike Ice" (foreigners. No accounting for custom.)

But there was a way of counting, somehow, the Ice Cat Things' attack growing familiar to Plutoni. Neither side could skate circles around the other, they were too evenly matched, living up to their reputations. And yet...

Javier came on and found he had energy to spare. Trying to glance side to side and keep up with twelve (or even ten) players' movements from the bench was impossible, but with motion under his feet he could focus, knowing his job. A pass from Ivy, there, and the goal light blazed again.

It took a few more minutes for the game to wrap up, and a few more after that for the news to spread to Char. "Great job," Javier told Kevin afterwards, "you were fantastic, kept us in the game and--"

"Yeah, whatever," Kevin grinned, "you're going to be getting a lot more mail."
You're not a vacuum; you're a black hole!

84th Lowest Police Ratios

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:36 pm

Note. Some of the nations mentioned are based on the Real-life nations.

1.17.2013. 11:30.
Hockey Quebec Headquarters,2712 Dongpirang Road, Quebec City/Ville de Quebec

His Imperial Majesty the Jacques IX was in the Executive Board Room of the Hockey Quebec. He was particularly tired, just coming back from Kelssek a day earlier. It was tiring and busy for him during last 4 days, during which he went to a World Cup of Hockey match and successfully negotiated a trade agreement between Kelssek and the Royal Kingdom of Quebec.
The new, young Emperor came to the headquarter to discuss the matters of the Ice Knights' journey in World Cup of Hockey 20 and the results of their latest match against Thisbia. He only saw that Quebec won in a close battle over the 27th ranked team with 3-2 and was interested to hear of what the experts think of the Knights and their latest match so far.

He was particularly fond of this sport called Ice Hockey. Born to then-prince Pierre Henri IV, a huge Hockey fan, he was quickly immersed into the sport itself. He remembered how his father brought 6-year old Jacques and his sister Erina to the local skating rink. That was how he started to be linked with the ice. His interests in skating and later hockey continued after he moved to Quebec City and was listed as the 2nd in order to succeed the Royal Crown.
In his teens, he was often taken into the games of the Quebec Nordiques of the Quebec Hockey League by his father, who owned one of the 56 Luxury Boxes in the arena. For most of the time, he did his homework at there, as he was simply unable to do those after the matches, which often ended at 22:30 with him returning at 23:00.
At his Sophomore(Grade 10) year, he successfully made into the Starting Goaltender of Sir.Frederick Sullivan C.I. Uibyeongs(Uibyeongs are the irregular military that fought the Japanese army in the Korean Independence War of 1929-1932). His performance at first were slightly disappointing but gradually improved and improved until on his final season,when his team won the National Title, with him named as the Most Valuable Player of the Nationals.
After graduation, he studied in Farrer University, where he served as the Starting Goaltender for the Redmen. His performance there was consistent, with the 2.15 Average Goals per Match and saving percentage of 0.925%. However, that was the end of his Ice Hockey career, as he wanted to pursue further studying in history like his father, who was the history professor for 15 years before his appointment as the Royal Prince caused him to retire.

He turned on the television that was in front of him and the Executive Board of the Hockey Quebec. The Board, which composed of 5 experienced hockey experts and ex-players or coaches, were looking at the television of the Ice Knights' match against Thisbia. Just in case if anything goes wrong, 10 bodyguards are in place.
The two of the board members quickly went outside to research about the World Cup of Hockey, while the remaining 3 members and the Emperor discussed about the latest match and Quebec in the World Cup of Hockey 20.

"It seems like there is something wrong with the First line," said the Emperor, who looked at the television with much interest. Unlike what he has seen them from their victory against Falkasia, they seemed to have much control with offence as for many times, the passes weren't sent and executed properly.
"It might be because Guthrie's in place of Drouin,sir." said Robert Smith, the oldest member with the age of 86. "They only had third period of the 4th match and a practice and as you know, the line chemistry isn't well achieved."
"However, there are some problems associated with the other things too," said Abel Hansard, who was with a grey hair that started to grow. "and I do believe that it is due to the aging of the talent. If their body was in the form of four years ago, they could have won this match easily, dominating on every aspect."
"I do see that, Robert. However, I would like to mention that this team is rather young, with average age being of 24.8 years old, an age which most players reach their peak. Something was slightly disappointing with the offence here, I believe. Defense was good and Bernier, while not as good as Park or Molsson, was still good on goal. It's just offence that worries me." replied the Jacques IX, with worry.
"Perhaps, we might be seeing a slight disappointment. On the other hand, the Ice Knights are doing rather well in overall tournament. If the Round of 16 happened right now, they would be in the 6th Seed, a huge improvement from the last World Cup of Hockey," said Eun Gong Jeon, who just entered his 40s."And if they do continue their success, we could expect ourselves within a Cup or two as a legitimate contender."

"Maybe, maybe not." Interrupted Robert Smith, quickly shooting back,"I personally believe that it is due to the fall of the traditional competitors on their behalf. Yesopalitha and Valanora aren't in a good position by themselves and could be eliminated like the Polar Islandstates of Group 6."
"But, we should note that Free South Califas, the 43rd ranked nation, is also at the First place of the Group, leading over great teams from Soviet Canuckistan, Havl and Polar Islandstates."
"That's true."
"They are more intense than our group, in my opinion." commented His Imperial Majesty. "None of the Top 3 teams there are that dominant."
"Now, go back into the game, it seems rather interesting that Quebec's in the second place for Goals scored so far, with 19. We are only behind Mapletish of Group 8." commented Robert, who looked rather satisfied about the improved offence within 4 years.
"True. The only concern is that we are keep having close games when we shouldn't be. The goaltenders, they are making too much mistake." blasted Abel.
"It's hard to say, because each of them, when faces a team that ranks over us, always faced over 40 shots into the goal. If we used others, we would have lost our matches against Thisbia and Valanora." commented Eun Gong, now started to get pissed off at Abel.
The tension between Abel and Eun Gong were rather intense, as everyone could see,so Robert had to intervene.
"Gentlemen!" he shouted. "Our Emperor is here with us and it's not a right thing to fight like babies in front of him! Keep your manners formal and speak with reasonality."
That instantly brought the heating mood down, and they continued to talk for about two hours about the matter, Quebec Hockey League and other Ice Hockey leagues in the nation.

To be continued......
Last edited by The Royal Kingdom of Quebec on Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Happy 420 Friends!

Northern Sunrise Islands
Minister

Founded: May 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Sunrise Islands » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:20 pm

Northern Sunrise Islands is a country in the north of Esportiva, which capital is placed at Mardi. The nation's animal is the Marill, however, the Sunrisian hockey team is nicknamed by their own fans as the stars, based on their crest and the flag, these stars are based mainly on the main seven islands of Northern Sunrise Islands: Arrendine, Ayeville, Charleston, Lynder, Mabel, Mardi and Mist. Another island, Solar is represented by the sun on the flag, but doesn't have any references on the team. The three colors worn by the Stars are blue, yellow and white; with the first two being the national colours and the last one to reference the nations' political neutrality. These colors are used promeninently at their Home and Away uniforms. Allthough not that fond of the Marill, the hockey team has also managed to include the animal in their Goalie Mask.

In club hockey, Northern Sunrise Islands host the Sunrise Hockey League. In three seasons of dispute, the Byrd Cup is currently in the hands of Saint Anne and Jacob representants, the Stilwater Sharks. However, the team with most title victories (two) is the Madjorie Castors. The stadiums of Northern Sunrise Islands are mostly multi-sportive, to a point where the InComm Arena at Matthew City was the host for a final of the CHL. Other tournaments disputed in NSI in hockey range are the SMHL, a minors competition, won once by the Ryukyu Samurais (filiated to the Lorelei Shinobi) and the Sydneywood Hockeyroos (filiated to the Maori All Blacks) and the Husky Cup, a Juniors competition, to which sole champion were the Nilveneu Rafales from the LFJH.

One year after a great participation on the WCoH, the Stars return for another run at the tournament.

ROSTER
Goalie
#1 Louis OULETTE - Mabel Oilers [SHL]
#50 Marty SVELBER - Lynder Aces [SHL]
#99 Lucas PEREIRA - Mardi Capitals [SHL]
Defender
#2 Scott TEMPLER - Darveston Cornhuskers [SHL]
#3 Igor MANCEBO - San Jose Sharks [SHL] ALTERNATE
#4 Louis LEVESQUE - Madjorie Castors [SHL]
#5 Jean-Guinevere LEVESQUE - San Jose Sharks [SHL]
#6 Hatoshi KOMODO - Madjorie Castors [SHL]
#7 Yubei NAGATOMO - Mabel Oilers [SHL]
#8 Billy O' SHEA - Darveston Cornhuskers [SHL]
Center
#9 Matthew SIOUX - Matthew City Rangers [SHL]
#15 Israphel MORTIISE - Mardi Capitals [SHL] ALTERNATE
#22 Jean ROUGEAU - Arrendine Remparts [SHL]
#40 Bret OIKONNY - Hayden Whalers [SHL]
Left Wing
#10 Tyson SHARP - Darveston Islanders [SHL] CAPTAIN
#17 Enrico DELGADO - Maori All Blacks [SHL]
#25 Mauro BREMMER - Mardi Capitals [SHL]
#44 Tiago JÚNIOR - Madjorie Castors [SHL]
Right Wing
#11 Tiago MOTTA - Mabel Oilers [SHL] ALTERNATE
#16 Frederique BLANC - Madjorie Castors [SHL]
#20 Rafael CARVALHO - Darveston Cornhuskers [SHL]
#21 Eduardo CARVALHO - Matthew City Rangers [SHL]

DEFENSE
First Line
#2 TEMPLER
#3 MANCEBO
#4 LEVESQUE
Second Line
#5 LEVESQUE
#6 KOMODO
#7 NAGATOMO
Third Line
#3 MANCEBO
#6 KOMODO
#8 O'SHEA
OFFENSE
First Line
#9 SIOUX
#10 SHARP
#11 MOTTA
Second Line
#15 MORTIISE
#17 DELGADO
#16 BLANC
Third Line
#22 ROUGEAU
#25 BREMMER
#20 CARVALHO
Fourth Line
#40 OIKONNY
#44 JÚNIOR
#41 CARVALHO

COACH
Jean McConnery - An offensive coach at most[Style: +2], daughter of the legend, Steve McConnery. While not necessarilly the calmest person in the country, Jean doesn't need to rely most of her name on her father's legacy. Jean has also managed to get a job at the Matthew City Rangers after her results on the WCoH.

RP PERMISSIONS
My opponent, if they RP first, may do the following:
Choose my goalscorers: Y
Godmod scoring events: N
RP injuries to my players: Y
Godmod injuries to my players: N
Hand out penalties to my players: N
Godmod other events: N

"The Stars" are a very well disciplined team, that's why Penalties and Fights will be very rare against them. Also, keep in mind that they are mostly fast-paced players, which means that they will use their speed a lot, sometimes to aid them, but that can also screw them up (losing the puck, per example).

DE PLACA
New Look, Same Price!

WORLD CUP OF HOCKEY XX
The Stars get a good result over German American States.
A pretty interesting opponent, the German American States, took on the Stars at the City of Clayquot Arena and after having a good start against the team of NSI, really couldn't handle the good ol' Sioux offense at the third period. 3-2 and the Marills seem to actually grow up in this tournament a little more.

SCORING SUMMARY:
FIRST PERIOD
4:33 - O'ROARKE (GAS) - Montrois
5:30 - O'ROARKE (GAS)
SECOND PERIOD
THIRD PERIOD
1:25 - SIOUX (NSI) - Sharp
1:48 - SIOUX (NSI) - Motta
2:05 - SIOUX (NSI)

- So, Jean... What did you think of my offer? - asked Sioux, on knees, with a ring on his hand for her.
- A-a-a.... A marriage? Y-yes! Yes!

She gave her a sweet kiss, happily as if the world seemed to get all around fixed. Like if his purpose was the cure for the wars, the deathes, the illnesses and the two losses they got at the tournament already. Sioux cared for Jean a lot, ever since she arrived at the job and, while not originally a big friend, he started to take care of her after the death of her father during the last tournament. He always helped her on ice with his participations, and out of ice, giving her the hugs she needed or taking her to other places when they both could. She even got a job at the Rangers for him. And now... It all seemed to be perfect... And considering how their last opponents gave them a victory, it was the best moment. At last, a couple.
Tails... Watch out, you're gonna crash, aaaaah!
Project +90 | Sunrise's Sportwires (shared with Dainer) | PokéCard ~ Label Guide
Champion: WC 75 and 76, U-15 WC 4 and 6, DBC 29 and 41
Now known as Kita-Hinode

Kelssek
Minister

Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kelssek » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:24 pm

Group 1
German American States 1–2 Deandean98
Byfugland 3–0 Cooland
THRILLEDGE 8–1 Arrentine
Northern Sunrise Islands 3–2 Thatius

Group 1                     Pld  W OTW T  L   GF  GA GD  Pts 
Byfugland 6 4 1 1 0 16 9 +7 15
Thatius 6 4 1 0 1 13 4 +9 14
THRILLEDGE 6 4 0 0 2 23 8 +16 12
Northern Sunrise Islands 6 3 1 1 1 16 11 +5 12
Deandean98 6 3 0 0 3 5 11 -6 9 X
Arrentine 6 1 1 0 4 5 16 -11 5 X
German American States 6 1 0 1 3 13 21 -8 4 X
Cooland 6 0 0 1 5 5 16 -11 1 X

Group 2
The Republic of the Canucks 1–1 Rovegia (3–1 GWS)
Kelssek 2–1 Liventia
Darmen 2–0 Homelands our
Falconwhereveryouare 0–0 Maklohi Vai (3–1 GWS)

Group 2                     Pld  W OTW T  L   GF  GA GD  Pts 
Falconwhereveryouare 6 4 2 0 0 10 3 +7 16 Q
Maklohi Vai 6 4 0 1 1 10 5 +5 13
Kelssek 6 4 0 0 2 9 4 +5 12
Darmen 6 4 0 0 2 19 4 +16 12
Homelands our 6 3 0 0 3 6 7 -1 9 X
Rovegia 6 1 0 2 3 7 19 -12 5 X
Liventia 6 1 0 0 5 2 7 -5 3 X
The Republic of the Canucks 6 0 1 0 5 3 17 -14 2 X

Group 3
Shadowbourne 1–3 Seventeen Syllables
Gyatso-kai 2–0 Farfadillis
Mantwenic 3–0 Alexandr Land
Weatherdon 3–2 Slembana

Group 3                     Pld  W OTW T  L   GF  GA GD  Pts 
Gyatso-kai 6 5 1 0 0 17 7 +10 17 Q
Mantwenic 6 4 0 1 1 12 5 +7 13
Weatherdon 6 3 1 1 1 12 5 +7 12
Slembana 6 2 1 0 3 11 13 -2 8 X
Alexandr Land 6 2 1 0 3 7 9 -2 8 X
Seventeen Syllables 6 2 1 0 3 5 6 -1 8 X
Farfadillis 6 1 0 3 2 4 12 -8 6 X
Shadowbourne 6 0 0 0 6 4 15 -11 0 X

Group 4
The Old Confederate States 1–1 Nru_n (1–2 OT)
Qazox 5–2 Kleibula
Torisakia 5–5 Bloodbath Generation (3–2 GWS)
Michael VII 1–0 Estope

Group 4                       Pld  W OTW T  L   GF  GA GD  Pts 
Qazox 6 5 0 0 1 22 12 +10 15
Michael VII 6 5 0 0 1 14 6 +8 15
Estope 6 3 1 1 1 13 3 +10 12
Bloodbath Generation 6 3 1 1 1 14 10 +4 12
Torisakia 6 2 1 1 2 16 17 -1 9 X
The Old Confederate States 6 1 0 1 4 9 18 -9 4 X
Nru_n 6 1 1 0 4 8 14 -6 2 X
Kleibula 6 0 0 0 6 8 20 -12 0 X

Group 5
The Royal Kingdom of Quebec 3–4 Narsora
Valanora 7–1 Falkasia
Yesopalitha 3–1 Dayota
Thisbia 1–1 Svengarda (1–2 OT)

Group 5                     Pld  W OTW T  L   GF  GA  GD Pts
The Royal Kingdom of Quebec 6 4 0 1 1 21 15 +7 13
Yesopalitha 6 2 3 1 0 15 10 +5 13
Svengarda 6 4 1 1 0 16 6 +10 12
Thisbia 6 2 1 2 1 12 8 +4 10
Valanora 6 2 1 0 3 13 7 +6 8 X
Narsora 6 2 1 0 3 12 16 -4 8 X
Falkasia 6 1 0 2 3 4 16 -12 5 X
Dayota 6 0 0 0 6 4 18 -14 0 X

Group 6
Paxomnua 1–1 Hydronium (1–2 OT)
Polar Islandstates 3–1 Mashiki
Soviet Canuckistan 6–1 Gallund
Havl 2–0 Free South Califas

Group 6                     Pld  W OTW T  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts
Soviet Canuckistan 6 5 0 1 0 22 7 +15 16
Havl 6 4 1 0 1 17 5 +12 14
Free South Califas 6 3 2 0 1 13 9 +4 13
Polar Islandstates 6 3 0 0 3 19 13 +6 9 X
Gallund 6 2 0 2 2 15 21 -6 8 X
Hydronium 6 1 1 1 3 10 16 -6 6 X
Mashiki 6 1 0 0 5 8 21 -13 3 X
Paxomnua 6 0 1 1 4 9 21 -13 3 X

Group 7
Venasta 0–1 Lymantatia
Plutoni 1–0 Savski Venac
Equestrian States 1–0 Vilita and Turori
Sicoutimont 3–1 Vaugania

Group 7                     Pld  W OTW T  L   GF  GA GD  Pts
Plutoni 6 6 0 0 0 15 7 +8 18 Q
Equestrian States 6 5 0 0 1 12 7 +5 15
Vilita and Turori 6 4 0 0 2 17 11 +6 12
Sicoutimont 6 4 0 0 2 21 11 +10 12
Vaugania 6 2 0 0 4 4 7 -3 6 X
Lymantatia 6 2 0 0 4 5 12 -7 6 X
Venasta 6 1 0 0 5 10 20 -10 3 X
Savski venac 6 0 0 0 6 8 17 -9 0 X

Group 8
Saint Clarke 2–1 Qasaqi
Mohawk Clans 2–0 Kericia
Birolika 4–1 Denorian
Mapletish 2–0 Polkopia

Group 8                     Pld  W OTW T  L   GF  GA GD  Pts
Mapletish 6 6 0 0 0 29 11 +18 18 Q
Birolika 6 4 0 1 1 21 13 +8 13
Mohawk Clans 6 3 1 0 2 14 8 +6 11
Denorian 6 2 1 1 2 5 7 -2 9 X
Kericia 6 2 1 0 3 8 11 -3 8 X
Polkopia 6 2 1 0 3 5 12 -7 8 X
Qasaqi 6 0 0 2 4 5 15 -10 2 X
Saint Clarke 6 1 0 0 5 7 17 -10 3 X
Last edited by Kelssek on Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Birolika
Envoy

Founded: Jun 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Birolika » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:29 pm

The Daily Sheep
Birolika almost through

With just one game left Birolika are two points clear in second place and need just to secure a win against unranked Kericia in our final game to put us into the next round ahead of Mohawk Clans. Although they also have an unranked team so if we slip up we could well be smashed out of this and we're enjoying our time in Kelssek, mostly down to the booze and drugs which aren't as widely available in the UK after we voted in a Moderate Government. Either way here was how it went down:

It was only a 4-1 win this time, which is a little bit of a let down when we are used to seeing at least one more go in during the game. It started off with us going 2-0 up in the first, and although Denorian pulled one back, we went on to score another two in the last period with two quick shots put in by our first line strike force. It also saw Mark Pelav return to form with three goal smashed in by him, however the last goal of the game saw Bob Yam make one of his vague and infrequent intrusions onto the score line. Usually Yam is the set-up guy, he doesn't really have much accuracy when under pressure so it seems easier to have him do everyone else's dirty work.

Our final game is up against Kericia, a team who however four places from bottom and fifth from top. Really it's been a nothing sort of cup for them so I wouldn't expect them to go and manage anything interesting on the final match day, they have nothing to play for and Birolika do so that will probably have a large bearing on the result. Mohawk Clans meanwhile face Qasaqi who are in last place and have little hope of turning their fortunes around, unless they decide to try and take back their pride which never really seems to happen outside of dreams.

This wasn't Artem Rilley's first time in Kelssek, in fact he'd been packed off by his family to Steven Fletcher University in Burnaby and had ended up having an amazing time while he was there. In fact there were about another 200 Biroliks about and his mate Ron Rocks from the hockey team turned up a lot, though mostly just to see Burnaby. His memory was a little hazy of the whole thing as he'd spent a large amount of time abusing the wide availability of various drugs around the city. Basically it'd been three years of occasional history lectures, getting stoned and realising he'd passed his exams by the skin of his teeth at the end when he sobered up a bit. Now he found himself back on the Velocit for the first time since he'd studied in Kelssek, of course back then it didn't go to Burnaby and he was on a trip from Neorvins to Kirkenes during the holidays, but he was heading to Burnaby now. Was it to relieve his youth? Not really, to soon for that. You had to be having a mid-life crisis to try and relieve your youth and he was hardly into his mid-20's. He decided it was probably just to try and feel nostalgia for the days when he could stay up all night and not have to struggle his way through training the next day after 5 cups of coffee. He wasn't travelling alone however, he was joined by Ron, although he had a feeling that it was mostly to do with the fact Ron was fond of trains.

Ron liked trains. No wait, he loved trains. If he hadn't have been a hockey player he would either have been a stoner or a train driver, although he would really have preferred just to be a train. Now he found himself on the state of the art Velocit line from Kirkenes to Burnaby, one of the great long rail journeys of all time. He was buzzing with excitement, although he'd actually been studying at Herwood U in Birolika he'd claimed to be going 'abroad' to study for a year, however the place he was going to study at didn't really exist so he became a drifter. This might be slightly misleading as in reality he'd mooched off Artem for a year while occasionally drifting off to Mollary to buy shed loads of wine.

The train drifted lethargically into Waterfront Station and they both hopped off the train and skipped through it, they had been worried everything would be different but it was still the city they had fallen in love with. They looked around all the sights because they were, for once, tourist but they soon got bored. Eventually they headed off to get stoned and watch some punk bands smash up a tiny little club. It was brilliant, he even managed to get into a fight with a dude with 2 foot hair. Eventually they staggered back to their hotel, however they seemed to be unable to find it and gave up and ended up squatting in the run down, poor neighbourhood of East Hastings.
With the abolition of private property, then, we shall have true, beautiful, healthy Individualism. Nobody will waste his life in accumulating things, and the symbols for things. One will live. To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.
- Oscar Wilde

Seventeen Syllables
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Seventeen Syllables » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:48 pm

Heard across the ice—
Pretty girl: "Yamada-san!
Do you like your hat?"

(Shadowbourne 1–3 Seventeen Syllables)

Mapletish
Minister

Founded: Feb 26, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Mapletish » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:32 am

Minnows flying through the ice

Ranked twenty in the world, the hockey minnows were the surprise package this World Cup with six wins out of six, the second team in the World Cup apart from Plutoni, left undefeated in this season's World Cup. To top off the surprise start to the campaign, the Minnows are the highest scoring team in the WCoH currently with 29 goals from six matches, a feat no team from the other groups have overtaken too.

Apart from the group which poses challenges to the Minnows, Birolika are the ones that the Minnows are keeping their eyes on every match, the defending champions of the WCoH. Placed in the same group as the defending champions, they have got off to a good start to their season but they failed to pose a threat towards the Minnows' advance to the second round.

Despite the run, the head coach, Faron Wilson ruled the current run as the fruit of the team's labour and felt that there is nothing to be proud of. "One sallow doesn't make the season people," is the answer that he has given to reporters when asked of the feat. It might be the surprise season for the Minnows, but nothing is certain just yet.
The Minuscule Nation Mapletish
Pop. 65,000,000 | Capital: Struggait City| Demonym: Maplish/Mapletian| Trigramme: MAP
First - WLC 24, DBC 43, XIV Winter Olympics Second - WCoH 22, RUWC 23, CR 24 Third- BoF 44, HWC 11, WCoH 20, WCoH 21, DBC 49 Fourth - U15WC9, RLWC12, CR 14
Qualified for WC 64, 66
www.unionsports.map
Proudly contributing my triumph's to the glorification of the greater whole!

Maklohi Vai
Minister

Founded: Jan 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Maklohi Vai » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:47 am

A conversation between two youths in Totai's Softbrisket district.

"It all comes down to this. One game for it all."

"To qualify, you mean."

"Coas thas what I meant. You know that."

"Man, it ain't everything in the world."

"Yes it is. YES IT IS. This is important to me."

"You quite emotional."

"That cuz I emotional. Aint nothin wrong with passion."

"Right. 'S all good, man, but you need to tone down."

"No! Why I gon tone down fit aint harmin anybody?"

"You harmin my eardrums."

"Stop yo complainin, I got passion and that important."

"Why do you even like hockey?"

"Strange, right? Black man liking hockey? Sat what you mean? WELL HELL NO! Put yo racist shiznit at the door and take me at face value."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. I ain't makin' no racist assumptions here. Just yo dint grow up in a hockey house."

"Grandmammy dint like sports, she dint, but I can still. I've seen them. I like them. Not a problem."

"Hey, man, then cheer yo'self to death today, aight?"

"Mos def. Aint nothin else I'd rather be doing."

"Man, we do need this win. Bad."

"Gon be tough, but I know our boys can do it."

"I know, I know. They just got to execute and focus, you know what I sayin?

"Mmhmm. Yeah, thas right. Keep you focus on, and you will be fine."

"True advice right there. Hey, man, I got to go. I see you tomorrow for the game, aight?"

"Mos def. See you round."
"For the glory of our people, we govern our nation freely. For the glory of Polynesia, we help and strengthen our friends. For the glory of the earth, we do not destroy what it has bestowed upon us."
Demonym: Vaian
-Kamanakai Oa'a Pani, first president of Maklohi Vai
-6.13/-8.51 - as of 7/18
Hosted: MVBT 1; WBC 27; Friendly Cups 7, 9; (co-) NSCAA 5
Former President, WBC; WBC Councillor
Senator Giandomenico Abruzzi, Workers Party of Galatea
Administrator
Former:
Head Administrator
Beto Goncalves, Chair, CTA
Abraham Kamassi, Chair, Labour Party of Elizia
President of Calaverde Eduardo Bustamante; Leader, LDP
President of Baltonia Dovydas Kanarigis; Leader, LDP
President of Aurentina Wulukuno Porunalakai; Leader, Progress Coa.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports