NATION

PASSWORD

Vapor: A Steampunk RP Region (OOC v. 2.0 -- CLOSED)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nukes?

Allow them and their use. Nuclear holocaust is inevitable. Opens possibility of post-apocalyptic RPs.
53%
Allow them but not their use. No nuclear holocaust, but nations can make empty threats.
9%
(Mish's plan) Allow their discovery, but not their use beyond initial tests, after which, the weaponized technology will be destroyed. Allows for Mish's research RP and for later nuclear power, but no nuclear weapons.
24%
Use alternative laws of physics that somehow prevent nuclear technology from functioning at all.
14%

Total votes : 173

Fanaglia
Senator

Founded: Nov 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Fanaglia » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:12 am

Cyprum Xecuii wrote:
Fanaglia wrote:
I know. I was agreeing with you. I was just pointing out that anything heavier than heavy fabric or maybe fiberglass would add significant weight to the envelope, which would mean it would have to be bigger to hold more hydrogen, which would make it heavier, which would mean it would have to be bigger...

It would be very difficult to "armor" your envelope, if not impossible.

Fortunately, we got Magor built for tech wanking. :)

My point exactly.
Map Mistress of Vapor
Factbook
OOC: Fanaglia is a steampunk nation; whenever I post IC, I'm posting from 1886. That, or from some sort of weird time rift in which my characters don't realize they are in fact 127 years in the future.
Barringtonia wrote:Only dirty hippies ride bicycles, white supremacists don't ride bicycles EVER, although the Nazis did steal a lot of bicycles from the Dutch, but that was to use the steel to make TANKS!

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Jesus H. Christ on a jelly pogo stick of justice.

Dumb Ideologies wrote:NS forums are SUPERGOOGLE.

The power of dozens of ordinary humans simultaneously interrogating a search engine with slightly different keywords. I'm getting all teared up just thinking of the power.

The Holy Dominion of Inesea
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:43 am

Novairia wrote:Sorry for taking so long, had some stuff to do first, then I had pizza! Now, down to brass tacks. :D

The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:So, would A 96 Kilogram round traveling at approx. 1,600 Meters persecond Do ANY damage?

Well..
(96kgx0.5)x(1,600^2) = (48x2,560,000) = 122,880,000 J of kinetic impact energy at muzzle escape OR 122.88 MJ when LEAVING the gun.

Then by using the ballistic conversion chart with a ballistic coefficient avg of .172, at an assumed 45* angle of fire, at sea level, with no wind, at "the 66%-69% hit range (47 kilometers) " the round has lost all but 0.06 of its initial muzzle energy.
Meaning it has 7.37 MJ left. Which then converts to 7370 Kilonewton per meter [kNm] of force.

Then we gather the data needed next. Such as shell radius for indentation (a^2/R=d), the shell cone angle (used for Tan), and SAE 4340's MoE rating (E).

Then by using the "Contact between a rigid conical indenter and an elastic half-space" equation: Image

SO: Fn= (((2/3.14159265)x205,000,000,000 Pa)x(0.0009996^2/tan(70)) = 47,462.69 Newton meters
Meaning that it takes 47.5 kNm of force to indent SAE 4340 steel 0.1cm with the Paris Gun's 238mm steel jacket round (using equal grade steel).

As such, to pierce the 26cm side armor, it would require aprox 12,350kN of force. And the 18cm top armor would require 8550kN of force [and that was only IF the incoming round also did not deform, which it will].

So no, at that range the 238's cant hurt the ICMF Armageddon's armor.. Also remember tho that the 238mm shell wasnt ever designed to be AP, but rather it was a High Explosive delivery system to wreak buildings.

PS: You would not believe the stuff I had to look up in my books and the internet to get that all figured out. :lol:

So a 238mm shell, AP(yes I am aware of the supposed 15kg of explosives IIRL, would dent the ship, or do no damage?
I'm really tired

Inoroth
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 19, 2012
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Inoroth » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:06 am

@Nov - I stand corrected (math was never my strong suit :( ), but even if the armor isn't penetrated, there are still things that can be damaged... seams between the armor can be cracked or bent, the armament of the Armageddon can be hit directly (unless they're retractable, which means they need to be opened to shoot), the leg joints might be hit (depending on how you structured the armor), any observation/RADAR/communications antennas need to be open (which means they can be hit), and so on... Enough energy to penetrate main armor = / = enough energy to do damage to something.

@Vitz - Don't have it up yet... just dragging my heels is all.
Life is what you make it -- I made it into a peach cobbler
cosmopolitan/nationalistic: 4%
secular/religious: 63%
visionary/reactionary: 39%
anarchistc/authoritarian: 25%
communistic/capitalistic: 37%
pacifistic/militaristic: 48%
ecological.anthropological: 66%
I am apperantly a Neo-Conservative... who knew?

Inoroth's Military Here.
Nations Represented By This Account: Inoroth, New Inorothian Space Empire,

Inoroth's Factbook Here

"A fool's words cut down friends on the eve of battle" - Vinchero

Cygnar
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cygnar » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:02 am

Major Railway Lines In Cygnar

RED: Caspian Railroad
ORANGE: Western Railroad
DARK BLUE: Corvisian Railway (Connection with the Caspian railroad)
LIGHT BLUE: South-eastern Railway
YELLOW: Nuln-Telmarine Southern Railroad

PANDA
Vitzenburg wrote:Cygnar, high on powa! Just try to stop him! He'll sock ya in the mouth as his boys Vitz and Servoth come a knockin!

Cyprum Xecuii wrote:
Servoth wrote:Micro-dick.

Our micro dicks make lots of people. Your 'larger' dicks still create a .000000000000000000000001 % growth rate.
EASTERNERS UNITE!
Servoth wrote:
The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:What burns in Life, itself burns in Death. To Hades is smote, thee who defy the Divine.

Divine! Bah! We could build a god from our own foundries.
Unidox wrote:LSD, no thanks. Give me some NSG.

Oh, hell yeah, thats the stuff...
♔ ||Cygnaran Königreich|| ♔
♔ ||Steampunk-Dieselpunk Nation|| ♔

Cygnar
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cygnar » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:12 am

Economic Activities In Cygnar

PANDA
Last edited by Cygnar on Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vitzenburg wrote:Cygnar, high on powa! Just try to stop him! He'll sock ya in the mouth as his boys Vitz and Servoth come a knockin!

Cyprum Xecuii wrote:

Our micro dicks make lots of people. Your 'larger' dicks still create a .000000000000000000000001 % growth rate.
EASTERNERS UNITE!
Servoth wrote:
The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:What burns in Life, itself burns in Death. To Hades is smote, thee who defy the Divine.

Vitzenburg
Minister

Founded: Aug 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vitzenburg » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:00 am

Stop being so efficient Cygnar, I mean it :evil:

Cygnar
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cygnar » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:11 am

Vitzenburg wrote:Stop being so efficient Cygnar, I mean it :evil:

:p

Cyprum Xecuii wrote:

EASTERNERS UNITE!
Servoth wrote:

Postmaster-General

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:47 pm

I want to say that I am the worlds largest Agricultural Exporter. I have a Large Maritime Industry, but small Industries in other areas. Therefore, I export Grains and Potatoes and Fishes to Cyprum and Fanalglia for Chassis and Airships respectively. The Inesean Agricultural Consortium exports food on a large scale to other countries. It is the main employer besides Maritime Trade and Fisheries. About 45% of the Inesean Economy revolves around Food Export. 25% is Maritime Trade and the other 30% is divided up between other industries. Over 54% of Inesean jobs are related to Agriculture. The entire Great Cuzco Plain, stretching from the Vitus to New Roth, the Central Straits to the Western Border, is farmland. The majority of the Eastern plains and hills are also farmlands, but not to the same extent. The northern Plains are where most factories are, but an increasing number of Industrial grade Green houses are appearing.

Now, Inesea is about the same size as most Amplectorian Nations, but has 1/2 to 1/4 the population. This means if I devoted the same attention to Agriculture as they did, I would have about 2 to 4 times as much food as them. Except that I focus on Agriculture as the main driver for my economy(alongside maritime Industries). As that is, most methods of farming are perfected in Inesea, and new improved techs and methods are made here. Therefore I am going to go out on a limb and say I produce enough food annually to feed my population 8 times over. hat means that I produce enough food to feed, as off 1905, 560 million people. Or be able to export foods able to feed 490 million people(probably more like 480 million). That's enough food to feed about 25% of Vapor.

So while you are making your new Industries, remember, Inesea has Food.
I'm really tired

Vitzenburg
Minister

Founded: Aug 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vitzenburg » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:13 pm

So does Cyprum. He's got all that food he loves to trade things for.

Postmaster-General

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:23 pm

Vitzenburg wrote:So does Cyprum. He's got all that food he loves to trade things for.

I thought he traded for food. I mean, he does with me.
I'm really tired

Cyprum Xecuii
Senator

Founded: Jan 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cyprum Xecuii » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:28 pm

The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:
Vitzenburg wrote:So does Cyprum. He's got all that food he loves to trade things for.

I thought he traded for food. I mean, he does with me.

Well we trade for different types of food. I mean exotic spices from other nations is an example of what we have to trade for. The food we sell to other nations are often staples such as rice since we have so much excess of it (even more than what fills up our storage).
Last edited by Cyprum Xecuii on Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sri Tschow
Minister

Founded: Jul 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sri Tschow » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:32 pm

We have rice and fish and natural atomic hydrogen.
"Asking NSG about military strategy is like asking Stephen Hawking about running hurdles."~Blazedtown

"There is no fixing the world. There is just making it suck a little less."~Corsca

"Humans fight to the last. When all hope is lost, when everything stands to be taken? That's when they fight the hardest. I see no reason not to continue that tradition."~The Emerald Legion

"Capitalism is a petrol station with unreasonably priced drinks on the highway to utopia."~Forster Keys
Economic Left|Right: -5.88
Social Libertarian|Authoritarian: -6.87
Vapor Political Spectrum
Are found here.

Postmaster-General

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:35 pm

There is one major problem to having such a majorly focused economy. If I suffer damage to the fields, many around the world starve, and I cannot fulfill contracts to Cyprum and Fan, which would devastate my Air Force and Army.
I'm really tired

Fanaglia
Senator

Founded: Nov 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Fanaglia » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:01 pm

Cygnar wrote:Economic Activities In Cygnar

PANDA

I gotta make me one of these. (note to self so I don't forget: I owe Mafias a zoomed-in map, too)

I'll get them both added to page 170 when I get a chance.

The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:I want to say that I am the worlds largest Agricultural Exporter. I have a Large Maritime Industry, but small Industries in other areas. Therefore, I export Grains and Potatoes and Fishes to Cyprum and Fanalglia for Chassis and Airships respectively. The Inesean Agricultural Consortium exports food on a large scale to other countries. It is the main employer besides Maritime Trade and Fisheries. About 45% of the Inesean Economy revolves around Food Export. 25% is Maritime Trade and the other 30% is divided up between other industries. Over 54% of Inesean jobs are related to Agriculture. The entire Great Cuzco Plain, stretching from the Vitus to New Roth, the Central Straits to the Western Border, is farmland. The majority of the Eastern plains and hills are also farmlands, but not to the same extent. The northern Plains are where most factories are, but an increasing number of Industrial grade Green houses are appearing.

Now, Inesea is about the same size as most Amplectorian Nations, but has 1/2 to 1/4 the population. This means if I devoted the same attention to Agriculture as they did, I would have about 2 to 4 times as much food as them. Except that I focus on Agriculture as the main driver for my economy(alongside maritime Industries). As that is, most methods of farming are perfected in Inesea, and new improved techs and methods are made here. Therefore I am going to go out on a limb and say I produce enough food annually to feed my population 8 times over. hat means that I produce enough food to feed, as off 1905, 560 million people. Or be able to export foods able to feed 490 million people(probably more like 480 million). That's enough food to feed about 25% of Vapor.

So while you are making your new Industries, remember, Inesea has Food.

Well, don't count on continuing business with Fanaglia once they realize the extent of your occupation and plans for Onheath, not to mention your support of Khamul. Good thing we have a very strong agricultural sector, as well.
Map Mistress of Vapor
Factbook
OOC: Fanaglia is a steampunk nation; whenever I post IC, I'm posting from 1886. That, or from some sort of weird time rift in which my characters don't realize they are in fact 127 years in the future.
Barringtonia wrote:Only dirty hippies ride bicycles, white supremacists don't ride bicycles EVER, although the Nazis did steal a lot of bicycles from the Dutch, but that was to use the steel to make TANKS!

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Jesus H. Christ on a jelly pogo stick of justice.

Dumb Ideologies wrote:NS forums are SUPERGOOGLE.

The power of dozens of ordinary humans simultaneously interrogating a search engine with slightly different keywords. I'm getting all teared up just thinking of the power.

Cygnar
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cygnar » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:05 pm

Fanaglia wrote:
Cygnar wrote:Economic Activities In Cygnar

PANDA

I gotta make me one of these. (note to self so I don't forget: I owe Mafias a zoomed-in map, too)

I'll get them both added to page 170 when I get a chance.
I could send you the icons if you want.
Last edited by Cygnar on Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cyprum Xecuii wrote:

EASTERNERS UNITE!
Servoth wrote:

Postmaster-General

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:14 pm

After Novairia and I duke it out for a bit in my country, the Farms there will be ruined. I will still be able to produce enough food to feed my populace 3 times over, but trade will grind down. I wonder what would happen if 12% of the availible food supply was removed from international markets....
I'm really tired

Sri Tschow
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Sri Tschow » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:16 pm

We make our own food. Rice is nice. Noodles are nu- never mind.
"Asking NSG about military strategy is like asking Stephen Hawking about running hurdles."~Blazedtown

"There is no fixing the world. There is just making it suck a little less."~Corsca

"Humans fight to the last. When all hope is lost, when everything stands to be taken? That's when they fight the hardest. I see no reason not to continue that tradition."~The Emerald Legion

"Capitalism is a petrol station with unreasonably priced drinks on the highway to utopia."~Forster Keys
Vapor Political Spectrum
Are found here.

Sri Tschow
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Sri Tschow » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:16 pm

Now I can tell you to post on the war thread, Inesea!

Vapor Political Spectrum
Are found here.

Postmaster-General

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:18 pm

Sri Tschow wrote:Now I can tell you to post on the war thread, Inesea!

Oh the Irony
I'm really tired

Postmaster-General

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:18 pm

Sri Tschow wrote:We make our own food. Rice is nice. Noodles are nu- never mind.

I am sure you imported a bit. You know, to cater to the flocks of Inesean tourists. At least until the war.
I'm really tired

Sri Tschow
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Sri Tschow » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:20 pm

Post on the war thread, dammit!

Vapor Political Spectrum
Are found here.

Postmaster-General

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:22 pm

Sri Tschow wrote:Post on the war thread, dammit!

I Will, I will, but the Aerofleet is under Pavel's strategic control.
I'm really tired

Cygnar
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cygnar » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:24 pm

Considering Cygnar is about the size of Brazil-Mongolia in real life, we are capable of producing our own food with little or no need for imports.

Cyprum Xecuii wrote:

EASTERNERS UNITE!
Servoth wrote:

Postmaster-General

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:29 pm

Cygnar wrote:Considering Cygnar is about the size of Brazil-Mongolia in real life, we are capable of producing our own food with little or no need for imports.

But if your focus is on Industries/technology, Agriculture would probably be not a priority. Besides, all those mines and natural resource gathering most likely damage your fertile areas.
I'm really tired

Sri Tschow
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Sri Tschow » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:31 pm

We're the size of Spain and Portugal, I think.

Vapor Political Spectrum
Are found here.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents