NATION

PASSWORD

WORLD BASEBALL CLASSIC XXIV - LYCRABON

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Lycrabon
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Lycrabon » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:08 am

For the four playing today/the two that have already qualified for the final sixteen:

I've already figured out what the matchups are for all possibilities tonight. Most of it is based on the Estope/THRILLEDGE winner.

- If Estope wins:
Qazox vs. Civil Citizenry OR Darmen
Zwangzug vs. The Kytler Peninsulae OR Civil Citizenry
Estope vs. Western Cuba
Maklohi Vai/NMS vs. Darmen (if Maklohi Vai wins) OR The Kytler Peninsulae (if NMS wins) (based on who wins the MV/NMS game)

- If THRILLEDGE wins:
Qazox vs. Darmen OR Western cuba
Zwangzug vs. Civil Citizenry OR Darmen
THRILLEDGE vs. The Kytler Peninsulae
Maklohi Vai/NMS vs. Western cuba (if MV wins) OR Civil Citizenry (if NMS wins)

What the matchups are and where they will be at will be revealed at latest just after 8:00/2000 Eastern US.
Embassy information NS Wiki: NS Wiki page (work in progress) Factbook (Work in progress)
Formerly Republic of Barnettsville (IC liberated and disbanded via war)
As Lycrabon:
World Baseball Classic XX Champion
Saugeais Baseball Tournament I: 3rd Place
WBC 18-19 Quarterfinals

Under former regime:
WB VII-X; BOI quarterfinals; IV Summer Olympics; WC 49/BoF 36
WBC 12 quarterfinals

Hosting:
WBC 17 and 24, NSCF 2 Woodlands Conference

Zwangzug
Issues Editor

Founded: Oct 19, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Zwangzug » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:30 pm

I can say this now that we're done; that almost looked easy.

I say "looked," I was watching this one--Comrade Danny there was on cruise control. Katou pushed in Suzuki for their only run but we were already leading by then. And yes, there was another home run to watch, Heather Nibey-Bute went yard today.

We have a day off--not that it really matters as it's back to the top of the "order" with Mel Pyrans getting the start against...well...whoever it is that we play. We have the luxury of getting to sit around and wonder who we'd prefer! Tikva and Hiroto like what they've heard about The Kytler Peninsulae, they'd enjoy the chance to meet that team, Danny and Aminda would just as soon play Civil Citizenry. Although Danny's not incredibly likely to play so I'm not sure what he really cares about there. That said, he'd probably approve of their economy--there are apparently so few businesses there they had to call in Nubind to sponsor their baseball league. That's Nubind the publishing company, from bleeping Zwangzug, and that is what you call "doing it wrong."

Myself? Darmen are high seeds for the tournament overall as well as the playoffs. My gut says the Citiz team could be a slightly harder test, but if the batters hit like they did today it might not matter. And if we pitch like we've pitched sometimes it definitely won't matter What I can't account for is how everything came together so quickly. It hardly feels like the same team--optimism I'm used to, this is almost over-the-top. That said, the hitters have been a little more easygoing all along. Though some of them can be very preoccupied if you get between them and their sunflower seeds.

I'd credit Cobara with settling in a little more and getting the players used to her style, but things feel a little too carefree to give her any credit. Maybe it's just her managing, knowing when to call people like Nibey-Bute off the bench. At least it makes more sense than her pitching decisions
Factbook
IRC humor, (self-referential)
My issues
...using the lens of athletics to illustrate national culture, provide humor, interweave international affairs, and even incorporate mathematical theory...
WARNING: by construing meaning from this sequence of symbols, you have given implicit consent to the theory that words have noncircular semantic value and can be used to encode information about an external universe. Proceed with caution.

New Montreal States
Diplomat

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby New Montreal States » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:42 pm

Bernard Laporte was not a happy man. He had started off his evening with a pre-match press conference where the assembled national media had capped off their questioning when one blond-haired, grinning gentleman who Laporte had never seen before in his six-year career him what he thought about the impending re-re-rematch between Audioslavia and the national football side. Laporte had choked out a few noncomittal words of disgust before stalking off the stage.

Back home, he got to deal with beat writers who at least knew what sport was being discussed. Some were a little geeky, some were a little slow and some were pretty drunk pretty much all the time, but at least they cared about baseball in and of itself. The national types, the ones who showed up for the playoffs and the WBCs, they didn't know squat. And when the WBC playoffs were at hand, they had shown up in such numbers as to choke out the folks from the local sports section. In the clubhouse after the previous day's match, Mo Shannon had told him that he'd heard some lady from a tabloid that was more interested in the players' marital troubles than their on-field performance complain that baseball games were too long and ought to be shortened to 6 or 7 innings with 4 outs apiece to be more efficient.

His mind flashed back to that self-tanned, self-contented dope who asked about a football match at a baseball game. His eyes narrowed and he brought his arm down a bit too hard on a breaking ball, sending it hanging over the plate. Laporte got a refresher on why you shouldn't pitch angry, and his long night had gotten just a little bit longer.
WBC 26 champions!
4th place finishers, World Cup 11; 2nd place finishers World Cup 31; Cup of Harmony 53 winners
Co-hosts of World Cup 28 and Cup of Harmony 16 with The Archregimancy; co-hosts of World Cup 64 and Cup of Harmony 54 with Wight; co-hosts of Cup of Harmony 50 with Vilita

THRILLEDGE
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby THRILLEDGE » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:04 pm

One Run Away
Dreads fall to Estope. Bench Harrington?"

An exciting ninth inning filled with hope and anxiety ended just one run short. After scoring three runs in a wild ninth and with runners on first and second, Edwin Ivey grounded into a fielder's choice at second to end the game. What could have been an epic comeback ended in a flash as the 0-1 pitch was put into the ground. Offense obviously was not lacking as both teams put up double digits in the runs column, the final score 12-11 in favor of Estope.

Of course no comeback would have been needed without Estope's eight run sixth inning. After giving up three runs in five innings and a hit to the first batter of the sixth inning, starting pitcher Israel Armenson was pulled in favor of Tyler Harrington, who then proceeded to give up eight runs, seven belonging to him. While it wasn't a quality effort by Armenson, the Dreads had an 8-3 lead going into the inning and left the inning trailing 11-8 thanks to Harrington. While Harrington has not been dismissed from the team for such a poor effort, it is unlikely he will pitch again in the Classic, definitely not against Estope.

Tonight's game is a winner-take-all game three. Second-timer Troy Shrewsbury will be on the hill tonight for the Dreads, a good sign considering there was victory in both of his starts in group play. Garrett Masser will take the ball for Estope tonight in a crucial game three. If we did learn one thing from last night's game, it is that the bullpen for Estope is vulnerable, more so than we originally thought. Although scoring three runs in the ninth came up short, it has to be good knowing that a bullpen that looked unstoppable previously has some weaknesses. Once again, in the urgency of a win, our leader and team captain Blastings Thrilledge has ordered we wear our dreadlock wigs in support of the team. If it helps us win then we shall wear them with pride *censored*(or if we do not we will face capital punishment)*censored*. Our prediction: Dreads 9, Estope 7. Go Dreads!

I followed your rotation to say Masser was pitching. If this is changed TG me to let me know. Thanks and good luck.
Baptism of Iron X Champions
Campionato Esportiva II Champions
Third Place: Campionato Esportiva V
Fouth Place: World Bowl 20
Quarterfinals: World Bowl 19, WBC 24
Round of 16: WBC 21, WBC 23, World Cup of Hockey 18, World Bowl 18

Esportiva

Maklohi Vai
Minister

Founded: Jan 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Maklohi Vai » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:40 pm

(OOC 1: For variation, a 'two-part RP,' if you will)
(OOC 2: Again, RL is pressing on the length of this)

"Here's Mae'ao, stepping up to the plate. He already has a grand slam this game, now it's up to him the bottom of the ninth. The game is tied, 5-5. Here's the first pitch. Fastball outside. Ball one. Mae'ao has been on a torrid streak, driving in 47 runs so far this tournament, along with 21 home runs, both of which lead this tournament. Second pitch... strike called on the inside corner. Roma’ai on third, Laina on first. 5-5 in the bottom of the ninth. 1-1 is the count. Here's the pitch... HIGH DRIVE! LEFT FIELD! OUUUTTTAAAAA HEEEEERRRRRRRREEE! GOOD-BYE, MR. SPALDING! MAKLOHI VAI WINS 8-5! One more game versus NMS!" -Wolmoto Likani on WTOT Totai.

(Part 2)
As the ball sailed out, Nomolo knew he had one more day. One more prayer. 10,000 more chickens, one more time. He had started to ignore all criticism that had been thrown at him. It was obvious to him, now, that he could lock it out and still perform. Nomolo's mind was clear when he drove to the stadium. There was no focus. Not on the prayer, not on the team, nothing.

He arrived to the normal setting, at the normal time. Team, midnight, silent Lomnai, 10,000 chickens. But there was a different chill in the air. Nomolo paused for a moment before he started. As he opened his mouth to speak, a voice rang out.

"ARTHUR!"
"No, it's Nomolo"
"Wrong script, sorry! NOMOLO! I, Margaret, speak to you as your lord of all baseball activity.
Your prayers have been heard, and I see them as sincere. I do not require another one tonight."
"Whatever you wish, o powerful Margaret."
"I'm not finished yet. What I want is for you to answer a few questions. These, I know, will show your true colors."
"Ask away, beloved Margaret."
"There's three. One, why did you choose to accept the task of making the sacrifices?"

Nomolo thought. He had accepted because he had wanted to help the people, not because he thought Margaret would do anything of consequence. But the question only asked why.
"I wanted to improve the people's spirits."
"That is a truthful answer. Next. Did you believe in me when you accepted the task?"
"No, I did not."
"Again, truthful. Nomolo, do you believe in me as the sole decider of your team's fate? Or are there other factors?"

This was what Nomolo had dreaded. He believed, at least partially, that there could be other factors. But when had he failed? Once, when he was not creative. Once, when he was too personal. In other words, when his focus was not solely on the team. That means that Margaret was appreciative when he did focus on the team. And she could decide if they could win. And they had every time.

"Margaret, when it has been proper, you have done so. Yes, you are the sole decider of the team's fate. You are the only one who can decide the outcome."
"You have thought well, and you are truthful once again. You have answered my questions, and you deserve a win. I will deliberate as to your fate."
"Thanks you for your consideration, great Margaret."

Nomolo left the field in doubt. Only time would tell as to his team's fate.

(OOC: Summary added for statistical purposes)
New Montreal States   101 210 000 - 5			
Maklohi Vai 400 000 013 - 8

Maklohi Vai Scoring Summary
1st: Mae'ao hit a grand slam after the first three hitters all drew walks.
8th: With two outs, Wolo Rakinalmanai hit a solo shot.
9th: Mae'ao hit a home run to drive in Laina and Roma'ai, who had both hit singles.

Stat update:
HR: Mae'ao 23, Arnao 3, Iao Laina 2, Wolo Rakinalmanai 2, Koilani Ruputuo 1, Moalna’akai Lai 1, Ri'ino Ulnai 1, Aputo Roma’ai 1
RBI: Mae'ao 54, Arnao 7, Wolo Rakinalmanai 6, Aputo Roma'ai 5, Moalna’akai Lai 4, Iao Laina 2, Koilani Ruputuo 1, Ri'ino Ulnai 1
"For the glory of our people, we govern our nation freely. For the glory of Polynesia, we help and strengthen our friends. For the glory of the earth, we do not destroy what it has bestowed upon us."
Demonym: Vaian
-Kamanakai Oa'a Pani, first president of Maklohi Vai
-6.13/-8.51 - as of 7/18
Hosted: MVBT 1; WBC 27; Friendly Cups 7, 9; (co-) NSCAA 5
Former President, WBC; WBC Councillor
Senator Giandomenico Abruzzi, Workers Party of Galatea
Administrator
Former:
Head Administrator
Beto Goncalves, Chair, CTA
Abraham Kamassi, Chair, Labour Party of Elizia
President of Calaverde Eduardo Bustamante; Leader, LDP
President of Baltonia Dovydas Kanarigis; Leader, LDP
President of Aurentina Wulukuno Porunalakai; Leader, Progress Coa.

Lycrabon
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Lycrabon » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:15 pm

Since everyone left has, who completes the sixteen??

Estope                001 000 000 - 1			
THRILLEDGE 100 110 00X - 3

THRILLEDGE wins series 2-1

Maklohi Vai           000 000 040 010 000 0 - 5				
New Montreal States 100 120 000 010 000 1 - 6

New Montreal States wins series 2-1

Which makes the matchups:

11 Yesopalitha vs. 6 Homelands our
14 New Montreal States vs 3 Civil Citizenry
10 Milchama vs. 7 Byfugland
16 Zwangzug vs. 2 Darmen
12 Saugeais vs. 5 Lycrabon
13 THRILLEDGE vs. 4 The Kytler Peninsulae
9 Tyneala vs. 8 Taeshan
18 Qazox vs. 1 Western cuba

Stadiums to come shortly.
Last edited by Lycrabon on Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Embassy information NS Wiki: NS Wiki page (work in progress) Factbook (Work in progress)
As Lycrabon:
WBC 18-19 Quarterfinals

Under former regime:
WBC 12 quarterfinals

Hosting:

Lycrabon
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Lycrabon » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:31 pm

More on the stadiums (paired up by their round of 16 companions):

11 Yesopalitha vs. 6 Homelands our:
- Charles Davis Stadium, Charlestown, Riverton (Game 1, 3):365 to left, 435 to center, 300 down the right field line, 395 in the gaps. Grass surface.

- Riverside Stadium, St. Catherine, Newcastle (Game 2):369/338 left and right respectively, 409 LCF, 382 RCF, 421 straight away center. Ohio River directly behind right center (with a 20 foot wide walkway between the wall and the river), FieldTurf, as St. Catherine State's football team plays there.

14 New Montreal States vs 3 Civil Citizenry:
- Litchko Stadium, Fair Haven, Centralia (Game 1. 3):375 Left, 410 center, 290 right, 415 left center, 314 right center. Grass surface.

- Tiger Stadium, Dravosburg, Centralia (Game 2):
380 down the lines, 425 to deep center, 392 in the left field gap, 406 to the right field gap. Highway 12 is behind the left field corner, bringing about random gusts to right. Grass Surface.

10 Milchama vs. 7 Byfugland:
- Philipsburg Municipal Stadium, Philipsburg, Midlands (Game 1, 3):328 left, 366 right, 387 center, 378 left-center, 360 right-center. Grass surface.

- Yankee Stadium, East Fork, Midlands (Game 2):
285 to the short porch in right, 310 down the left field line. 392 to deep center and 378 in the gaps. Winds get hinky often, as the stadium is on a hill at the foot of the mountains. Natural grass surface, as the NBL's East Fork franchise plays there.

16 Zwangzug vs. 2 Darmen:
- Welcome City Stadium, Summersville, Dinagat (Game 1, 3):315 down the lines, 377 in the gaps, 402 straight away center. FieldTurf, as Northern Dinagat State's football team also plays here.

- Veterans Stadium, Grantsville, Eagleton (Game 2):
Traffic-wise, one of the best stadiums for access (Highways 14 and 71 intersect nearby). The facility is somewhat spartan in amenities, but a beautiful minor-league feel. 292 to left, 308 to right, 346 in the gaps, and 399 to deep center.

12 Saugeais vs. 5 Lycrabon:
- Walker Stadium, New Alexandria, East Nampa (sometimes referred to as "The Chuck") (Game 2):251 down the left field line (the shortest of the eight; however, the wall in left is 45 feet high), 300 to right, 420 straight away center, 320/380 to left and right-center respectively. Grass surface.

- Flood City Stadium, Nampa, East Nampa (Game 1, 3):
The most historical stadium in the country, as it pre-dates both incarnations of the country. It has a tribute to Fenway Park's Green Monster with a 200-foot screen in left field - which is the reason it's only 193 to left. Left center is 242 away, center is 430, right center is 428 away, and right is 363. Field Turf surface, as Nampa State and South Nampa Catholic HS both play there as well.

13 THRILLEDGE vs. 4 The Kytler Peninsulae:
- Sims Stadium, Adrienne, North Magootz (Game 1, 3):335 to left, 328 to right, 400 to center, 355 to the gaps, grass surface.

- University Stadium, Youngstown, North Magootz (Game 2):
Bounded by a mall just past the right field wall, the stadium is nestled in the suburbs of Youngstown. 335 to left, 342 to the gaps, 405 to center, 335 to right.

9 Tyneala vs. 8 Taeshan:
- Lake Erie Stadium, Lakeview, Caperton (Game 1, 3):True turf, Vets Stadium in Philadelphia style (mostly because the U of Lakeview plays football there too). 316/328 down the lines, 375 to the gaps, 400 straight away center.

- Provincial Stadium, Ashtabula, Ashtabula (Game 2):
Lake Erie is just over the left field wall, and is the short porch at 293. Center is 420, distance to the gaps is 316 and right field is 302.

18 Qazox vs. 1 Western cuba:
- North Coast Stadium, Westlake, North Cuyahoga (Game 1, 3):
Crazy winds make even the easies pop-up an adventure (a la the old Municipal Stadium in Cleveland). 322 down the lines, 385 to the gaps, 400 to deep center.

- City Stadium, Spokane, Spokania (Game 2):
Located deep in the city of Spokane. Left Field - 331, Left Center - 376, Center Field - 400, Right Center - 375, Right Field - 337.

Umpires:

Game 1 assignments:
Matchup					HP					1B					2B			                3B
Yesopalitha-Homelands our Cole McCoy (Patient) Steven Douglas (Rules-Oriented) Brent Lancaster (Rules-Oriented) Ray Mullen (Patient)
New Montreal States-Civil Citizenry Jared Morgan (Rules-Oriented) Gus McCarthy (Spot On) Bruce Flowers (Spot On) Greg Campos (Middle Of the Road)
Milchama-Byfugland Steve Gregory (Spot On) Brandon Love (Middle of the Road) Will Campbell (Argumentative) Terrance Rose (Middle of the Road)
Zwangzug-Darmen Jeffrey Wees (Erratic) Bernie Castillo (Quick Hook) Corey Crawford (Rules-Oriented) Michael Gregory (Erratic)
Saugeais-Lycrabon Dylan Chandler (Middle of the Road) Tyler Webster (Quick Hook) Zane Stokes (Quick Hook) Nathan Jersen (Patient)
THRILLEDGE-The Kytler Peninsulae Warren Holman (Middle of the Road) Steven Pennington (Middle of the Road) Arnold Lang (Spot On) Walter Haynes (Argumentative)
Tyneala-Taeshan Kevin Hartman (Rules-Oriented) Anthony Perkins (Argumentative) Kasey Hughes (Middle of the Road) Matthew Hunter (Rules-Oriented)
Qazox-Western cuba Ed Moody (Argumentative) Gabriel Evans (Erratic) Dustin Robles (Spot On) Daniel Petty (Spot On)

Games two and three, the umpires rotate clockwise (as in the 3rd base ump in Game 1 is behind the plate in Game 2; the 2nd base ump in Game 1 is behind the plate in Game 3.)
Last edited by Lycrabon on Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As Lycrabon:
WBC 18-19 Quarterfinals

Under former regime:
WBC 12 quarterfinals

Hosting:

Maklohi Vai
Minister

Founded: Jan 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Maklohi Vai » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:37 pm

Nomolo looked forlornly over the stadium. It had been long empty. Margaret had spoken to him once more. "You have dedication, but I reward rank and past success, not dedication." Nomolo thought, Maybe that can be us later. Maybe we can win next time.

(OOC: Summary added for statistical purposes)

Maklohi Vai           000 000 040 010 000 0 - 5				
New Montreal States 100 120 000 010 000 1 - 6

Maklohi Vai Scoring Summary
7th: After three walks on a two out rally, Mae'ao broke through with the first Vaian hit of the game, a grand slam to left field.
11th: Arnao hit a solo shot to left.

Stat update:
HR: Mae'ao 24, Arnao 4, Iao Laina 2, Wolo Rakinalmanai 2, Koilani Ruputuo 1, Moalna’akai Lai 1, Ri'ino Ulnai 1, Aputo Roma’ai 1
RBI: Mae'ao 58, Arnao 8, Wolo Rakinalmanai 6, Aputo Roma'ai 5, Moalna’akai Lai 4, Iao Laina 2, Koilani Ruputuo 1, Ri'ino Ulnai 1
Last edited by Maklohi Vai on Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"For the glory of our people, we govern our nation freely. For the glory of Polynesia, we help and strengthen our friends. For the glory of the earth, we do not destroy what it has bestowed upon us."
Demonym: Vaian
-Kamanakai Oa'a Pani, first president of Maklohi Vai
-6.13/-8.51 - as of 7/18
Hosted: MVBT 1; WBC 27; Friendly Cups 7, 9; (co-) NSCAA 5
Former President, WBC; WBC Councillor
Senator Giandomenico Abruzzi, Workers Party of Galatea
Administrator
Former:
Head Administrator
Beto Goncalves, Chair, CTA
Abraham Kamassi, Chair, Labour Party of Elizia
President of Calaverde Eduardo Bustamante; Leader, LDP
President of Baltonia Dovydas Kanarigis; Leader, LDP
President of Aurentina Wulukuno Porunalakai; Leader, Progress Coa.

Yesopalitha
Minister

Founded: Sep 01, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Yesopalitha » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:50 am

Assassins to Face Homelands Our in Round of 16, Lycrabon

Despite losing two games in Group Stage, the Yesopalitha Assassins have successfully made it to Lycrabon, the site of the finals of the twenty-fourth World Baseball Classic. Their first opponents? Homelands Our, a team that finished sixth out of the nations that made it to the playoffs.

Two phases of the Assassins' game have gone according to plan - starting pitching and hitting. Johanson, Van Cruz, and Boisse have all been brilliant, lasting at least six innings, barring injury. The batters, led by Valentin Sorin, Katherine Smathers, and Xavier Hammond, have been consistent. It's all a matter of the relievers. Synne Boileau and Zyanya Martez have been the reason that the Assassins have lost the two games while being so close to losing a few others. If the Assassins wish to get past Homelands Our and past the Quarters, a feat they have never accomplished, their bullpen must play up to par.

"Z and I are aware that we haven't been playing well," stated Boileau, "And we take full responsibility. When the starters give us the lead, it is our job to extend it. We've been trying to zone things back in, so hopefully we'll be able to get things going like it should be again."

The Assassins hope so. Otherwise, they'll crash out. Early. Again.
Motto: Perseverantia saeculorum Note: I prefer to be known as YSP over YES if you use abbreviations.
Proud Original Member of Mystria

Puppet Nation of Chromatika

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 17, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Qazox » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:29 pm

The good news: Qazox surivived the group stage despite its' bullpen and swept Michael VII in the opening round of the playoffs.

The bad news: Qazox now has to face undefeated and back-to-back finalists Western Cuba in the round of 16.

The good news: Ramon McDonald (3-0 this WBC) will pitch in Game 1.

The bad news: Qazox has never won a WBC round of 16 series against an unbeaten team.

The good news: Qazox is in their 20th playoff (tied with Milchama for most in WBC history) and have won the 2nd most playoff games in WBC history (trailing only Zwangzug)

The bad news: No one thinks Qazox can win this series.

The good news: We think Qazox will win this series.
Wikipage/Qazox National Football Team
Qualified for World Cups 31, 33, 35-50, 54-59, 61, 62. Runners-up: CoH 52
Baptism of Fire 44 (w/Mangolana); World Baseball Classics 1, 4, 5, 10, 13 and 23; World Cup of Hockey 7 and 14; World Bowls IV & IX; IBC X; Baptism of Iron III and VIII; NSCAA Tourney II, III (conferences/regionals), The OXEN Cup; the TOUR de QAZOX, Qazoxian Sports Festival and NS X-Games/Winter X-Games I.
World Cups of Hockey 4 & 6; World Baseball Classics 6, 8 and 9, World Bowls 3 and XXI; Draggonnii Inviyatii V, IBC XI
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

Lycrabon
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Lycrabon » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:03 am

The last time a WBC Championship Game was played here, it was at Riverside Stadium and the Blue Jays weren't playing, Tarrentum and Newmanistan had a series for the ages: a Game 7 win for the Rockets and Lycrabon's current manager, Brianna Bruce. Since then, she has come to the Jays, and been the pitching coach for Lycrabon's first-ever championship. As Lycrabon hosts their second Classic, Brianna leads the team for another run at the title.

She named Tom Benson (2-0) the starter for Game 1 of the Round of 16 series against Saugeais, and Paul Bray (3-0) for Game 2. Lycrabon has been on a 9-game winning streak since their opening-game loss to unranked Raxillion, that led them to a fifth seed. Offensively, the team is led by Nick Mayo (.482/12 HR/20 RBI) and Sean McCormick (.450/8/17). Overall, though, this is a respectful rivalry - nowhere near as nasty, in a mutual or one-way sense as Cassadaigua-Lycrabon or Newmanistan-Qazox.

"We know they're good," said Bruce of the Rangers. "But then, to be in the playoffs, you have to be. EVERYONE is good at this stage. It's been said that Margaret respects rank; maybe that has truth to it. To win championships, you need to be both lucky AND good. Saugeais is good, but so is this team. I've been here before, the Blue Jays have been here before. I've seen the crowds from both sides, as an opponent and in the Lycrabon sky blue and black. The crowds here know their (expletive) - respectful, but rabid.

Game 1 is tonight at Flood City Stadium, and game 2 is tomorrow at Walker Stadium in New Alexandria. A possible game 3 will be back here on Thursday night. From Nampa, James Masterson, LSPN.
Last edited by Lycrabon on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
As Lycrabon:
WBC 18-19 Quarterfinals

Under former regime:
WBC 12 quarterfinals

Hosting:

Taeshan
Senator

Founded: Aug 11, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Taeshan » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:58 pm

"It's playoff time, Tyneala is number, but we have the upper hand. Think we can do it?"

"Well duh, we are Taeshan, as exemplified by the following meme."

http://www.memecreator.org/meme/if-taeshan-is-the-best-and-they-what-hope-does-everyone-else-have-but-to-roll-ov

"OMG that is so epic. We will kill them."

"We are the Knights, The Purple Knights. Of Taeshan. We own all those teams, from lands old and gone. Now we own all the new teams, and the ones with all the lame dreams. We are the Knights, the Purple Knights. Of Taeshan."

"Dude that is such an epic fight song, we should use it."

"But i just winged it in the moment."

"Still its better than our national anthem."

"Touche man, Touche."
Champions - Copa Rushmori 22, Cup of Harmony 35, Di Bradini Cup 19, World Baseball Classic 13, Gridiron World Championships (World Bowl 0), World Bowl 34, World Lacrosse Championship 2

World Cup Qualifications-41, 44, 46, 59, 61(RoS), 62(Quarterfinals), 63 (RoS), 64 (Quarterfinals), 83, 84 (RoS), 85, 87

Hosts-Cup of Harmony 55, Copa Rushmori 14, Sporting World Cup 10,
Quidditch World Cup 10, World Cup of Hockey 41, World Cup 87

THRILLEDGE
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby THRILLEDGE » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:22 pm

"Welcome to the Round of 16 preview show on the Thrilledge Baseball Network Radio. After a nice pitching performance in game three of the play-in round, the Dreads are on the the Round of 16 to face The Kytler Peninsulae. Let's take a look at the highlights from last night's win over Estope. The first inning started of good for the Dreads as they took an early one nothing lead on an RBI single by Duncan Armstrong with two outs. The events? A single by Blastings and a stolen base followed by a single to right created the first run in the game. A home run in the fourth by McQuaid and a triple by Alvarez plus a McKinley sacrifice fly in the fifth were the second and third runs for the Dreads. That's all they needed as Shrewsbury did his job and shut down Estope. Only allowing one run and four hits through eight, Shrewsbury was working his fastball to perfection. He was placing it on the outside corner and getting batters to hit it right into the ground. It was Ashwood in the ninth and a series win for the Dreads.

Now that the play-in round is over, it is on to a round where the Dreads have had quite the trouble getting through. There is a difference this time however. We are not complete underdogs this time around. In fact, it probably wouldn't be pushing it to say that we are slight favorites. The Kytlerians won their group with a record of 9-1 with their only loss coming early to Yesopalitha. In other interesting series, The Jets of Byfugland are taking on Milchama, Saugeais is going up against the hosts Lycrabon, and Qazox is facing an undefeated Western Cuba team. Our series against the Kytlerians will be held at Sims Stadium and University Stadium, both in North Magootz. We're ready for an exciting series and hopefully our first ever trip to the quarterfinals. Let's just sit back, watch some ball, and hope history doesn't repeat itself. As always, this report was brought to you by Galnorris Whiskey: 'If we get out of the first round, we'll buy the first round. Drink up.' Goodnight Thrilledge."

Esportiva

Lycrabon
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Lycrabon » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:38 pm

Heads up, Game 1 cutoff in 30 minutes (definitively for all but the Saugeais-Lycrabon series, as I'm expecting a third-party score - just don't know who/if he got someone)....

EDIT: Well, that was quick. Game 1 scores:

Depending on when/if third person, Lycrabon-Saugeais score will be up between now and 0001 (12:01 am) US East.

EDIT #2: Courtesy of Mahloki Vai, from Flood City Stadium:
Saugeais 030 010 210 - 7
Lycrabon 002 012 000 - 5

Saugeais leads 1-0

at Charles Davis Stadium
Yesopalitha           301 220 210 - 11			
Homelands our 101 000 101 - 4

Yesopalitha leads 1-0

at Litchko Stadium
New Montreal States   020 010 010 - 4			
Civil Citzenry 101 230 00X - 7

Civil Citizenry leads 1-0

at Philipsburg Municipal Stadium
Milchama              121 010 000 - 5			
Byfugland 001 012 000 - 4

Milchama leads 1-0

at Welcome City Stadium
Zwangzug              000 010 000 - 1			
Darmen 100 101 00X - 3

Darmen leads 1-0

at Sims Stadium
THRILLEDGE            000 100 110 - 3			
The Kytler Peninsula 300 001 00X - 4

The Kytler Peninsulae leads 1-0

at Lake Erie Stadium
Tyneala               113 000 210 - 8			
Taeshan 201 110 110 - 7

Tyneala leads 1-0

at North Coast Stadium
Qazox                 100 011 001 000 2 - 6				
Western cuba 110 020 000 000 1 - 5

Qazox leads 1-0
Last edited by Lycrabon on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
As Lycrabon:
WBC 18-19 Quarterfinals

Under former regime:
WBC 12 quarterfinals

Hosting:

Lycrabon
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Lycrabon » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:08 pm

Looking rusty, Blue Jays in familiar spot

NAMPA - Here we go, yet again.

After a strong 9-1 showing in the group stage, the Blue Jays of Lycrabon looked rusty in their round of sixteen debut, falling to Saugeais 7-5. Tom Benson took the loss, allowing 5 runs in 6 innings of work. Mark Bray almost brought them all the way back, bouncing one high off the left-field wall before being thrown out at second to end it.

"It's been awhile, but we should know better," commented Brianna Bruce post-game. "This is not our first rodeo, and it sure as hell isn't theirs (Saugeais). We need a quick bounce back, or it's a short trip home this time."

Benson (2-1) knew it wasn't his night: "I just wasn't getting the calls I did in the group stage, but you have to make the pitches, no matter what blue calls. Paul (Bray, tomorrow night's starter) will do his best to force (game) three Thursday."

For as frustrating as the game was, there was a surprise: Bruce did not get herself thrown out. Previous Classics have seen her get tossed from multiple games due to her famous quick temper.

NOTES: President Hodge threw out the first pitch.......the championship-winning squad from WBC 20 was recognized pre-game........announced attendance was 7,682, which is about 300 more than capacity.
As Lycrabon:
WBC 18-19 Quarterfinals

Under former regime:
WBC 12 quarterfinals

Hosting:

Zwangzug
Issues Editor

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Zwangzug » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:05 am

That was--surprise--almost kind of fun!

I'm talking about the game we just lost to Darmen. We knew they were favorites, although we didn't just roll over--Sakurakoku were so easy that we were all feeling confident. And, I think, still are that we can come back and win the next two, although that would be harder.

They got to Mel in the first inning, with their DH pushing in their catcher. And they'd score again in the fourth, but we jumped back immediately, with Kate doubling and Rosalie pushing her in.

Although Darmen scored again, it did have kind of a pitcher's-duely feeling. (Which, I guess, is what I liked about it--the batters were not as pleased, it went by so fast they barely had time to "borrow" Peter's sunflower seeds.) Hiroto was similarly relieved to have not wasted much ink on his scorecards. He always scores in ink. At first glance it looks like bravado but it makes sense when you consider there's not a pencil sharpener around for if the tip breaks off. Also, certain people--no names shall be mentioned--tend to snap pencils when they're upset (or, you know, upset).

Two sons of Darmen's manager are the bat boy and ball boy for the team. Cute. Almost enough to make me wish we had some but they'd probably get annoying after a few games though if we hadn't gotten out of the group stage maybe that wouldn't take effect though we'd be pretty annoyed in that case too. Cobara's children are a little old to be just hanging around in the dugout--I think one's in college and the other's got his own job now. I've met them a couple times, they're nice people and surprisingly carefree, I think she must be less sulky of a mother than she is as an announcer

So, it's back to Veterans Stadium for game 2. Hopefully we can take advantage of the short porch. I should call it a night, it's getting pretty late.

I think.

It's so difficult to read the clocks here.
Factbook
My issues
...using the lens of athletics to illustrate national culture, provide humor, interweave international affairs, and even incorporate mathematical theory...
WARNING: by construing meaning from this sequence of symbols, you have given implicit consent to the theory that words have noncircular semantic value and can be used to encode information about an external universe. Proceed with caution.

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Qazox » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:29 am

Eagles outlast Western Cuba in 13.

After a 2-out rally in the top of the 9th, punctuated with a single on an 0-2 count by pinch-hitter Martin Santos, who batted for Ramon McDonald, every Eagles fan shuddered as the game would then rest on the beleaguered bullpen. But for once, the 'pen pitched well, allowing just 1 run and 4 hits over the final 5 innings pitched, a solo shot in the bottom of the 13th by Gustav Nunez as Qazox took game 1 of the Round of 16 series against top-seeded Western Cuba 6-5. In game 2 tonight, Marie Darby will face Dante Maradona.

Qazox                 100 011 001 000 2 - 6 15 0				
Western cuba 110 020 000 000 1 - 5 13 0

SCORING SUMMARY

Qazox 1st: Hodgman singled to left. Jimenez walked, Hodgman to second. Hamilton grounded into 4-6-3 double play, Hodgman to third, Jimenez out at second. Dodge doubled to right, Hodgman scored. Zimmerman struck out. 1 run on 2 hits, 1 LOB 1-0 Qazox

Western Cuba 1st: Rogojkin flied out to left. Duran doubled to center. Bures doubled to left, Duran scored. Chincilla grounded out to short, Bures to third. Nunez flied out to center. 1 run on 2 hits, 1 LOB 1-1

Western Cuba 2nd: Pletenetsky struck out. Reyes singled to left. Reyes to second on passed ball by Lee. Ortega singled to center, Reyes to third. Fenyak sacrificed to first, Reyes scored, Ortega to second. Rogojkin flied out to center. 1 run on 2 hits, 1 LOB 2-1 Western Cuba

Qazox 5th: Bryant doubled to left. McDonald grounded out to second, Bryant to third. Hodgman flied out to center, Bryant scored. Jimenez struck out. 1 run on 1 hit, 0 LOB 2-2

Western Cuba 5th: Fenyak grounded out to third. Rogojkin singled to right. Rogojkin to second on balk. Duran doubled to right, Rogojkin scored. Bures grounded out to pitcher, Duran to third. Chincilla flied out to left-center, Duran scored. Nunez struck out looking. 2 runs on 2 hits, 0 LOB 4-2 Western Cuba

Qazox 6th: Hamilton singled to left. Dodge walked, Hamilton to second. Zimmerman flied out to right. Espinoza singled to center, Hamilton to third, Dodge to second. Lee flied out to center, Hamilton scored. Bryant struck out. 1 run on 2 hits, 2 LOB 4-3 Western Cuba

Qazox 9th: <PITCHING CHANGE: Mario Vasquez pitching for Fenyak> Espinoza singled to left. Lee grounded out to third, Espinoza to second. Bryant struck out. <PINCH HITTER: Martin Santos batting for McDonald> Santos singled to center, Espinoza scored. Hodgman singled to right, Santos to second. Jimenez struck out. 1 run on 3 hits, 2 LOB. 4-4

Qazox 13th: Dodge flied out to left. Zimmerman singled to right. Espinoza doubled to right-center, Zimmerman to third. Lee singled to center, Zimmerman scored, Espinoza to third. <PITCHING CHANGE: Aaron Nunez in for Ricardo Rodriquez> Bryant flied out to center, Espinoza scored. <PINCH-HITTER Jason Jones batting for Desmond Montero>. Jones popped out to third. 2 runs on 3 hits, 1 LOB 6-4 Qazox

Western Cuba 13th: <PITCHING CHANGE:Greg Adams for Montero><FIELDING CHANGE: Jones for Bryant; Pitcher's spot will bat 8th, Jones 9th>. Chincilla grounded out to third. G. Nunez 437 ft HR to right-center, G. Nunez scored. Pletenetsky struck out. Reyes flied out to center. 1 run on 1 hit, 0 LOB 6-5 Qazox
Baptism of Fire 44 (w/Mangolana); World Baseball Classics 1, 4, 5, 10, 13 and 23; World Cup of Hockey 7 and 14; World Bowls IV & IX; IBC X; Baptism of Iron III and VIII; NSCAA Tourney II, III (conferences/regionals), The OXEN Cup; the TOUR de QAZOX, Qazoxian Sports Festival and NS X-Games/Winter X-Games I.
World Cups of Hockey 4 & 6; World Baseball Classics 6, 8 and 9, World Bowls 3 and XXI; Draggonnii Inviyatii V, IBC XI
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

Taeshan
Senator

Founded: Aug 11, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Taeshan » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:55 pm

"Well that was an overly disappointing game. Couldn't even pull one out against Tyneala and we had over a week to prepare for them."

"Yeah it was truly sad how bad are pitching was. I'm embarrassed by how we lost that."

"If we lose again we will all be fired."

"Yeah we were piss poor out there."

"Maybe we should run the guys more."

"What so we can ware them out even more, they already looked incredibly sluggish out there as it was."

"What are you suggesting give them a day off before game two. Thats preposterous"

"So is losing a Round of Sixteen game to Tyneala,but hey htat already happened."

"Right you are."

"So we will do it."

"I guess we have to if we want to win. We lose tomorrow and we might not be able to go back to Taeshan."

"Ugh."
Champions - Copa Rushmori 22, Cup of Harmony 35, Di Bradini Cup 19, World Baseball Classic 13, Gridiron World Championships (World Bowl 0), World Bowl 34, World Lacrosse Championship 2

World Cup Qualifications-41, 44, 46, 59, 61(RoS), 62(Quarterfinals), 63 (RoS), 64 (Quarterfinals), 83, 84 (RoS), 85, 87

Hosts-Cup of Harmony 55, Copa Rushmori 14, Sporting World Cup 10,
Quidditch World Cup 10, World Cup of Hockey 41, World Cup 87

Lycrabon
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Lycrabon » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:47 pm

15 minutes until Game 2 cutoff.....any sweeps tonight?

EDIT: And that is it. Just a heads up, I've downgraded my own RP bonus and will be doing the Lycrabon-Saugeais Game 2. (I would have had it at a 1.0, dropped it to 0.75. Seeing as how Saugeais has a higher rank bonus than I do, it probably evens out.)

at Riverside Stadium
Homelands our         001 000 010 - 2			
Yesopalitha 100 310 00X - 5

Yesopalitha wins series 2-0

at Dravosburg Tiger Stadium
Civil Citzenry        000 104 400 - 9			
New Montreal States 101 000 002 - 4

Civil Citizenry wins series 2-0

at East Fork Yankee Stadium
Byfugland             001 101 000 - 3			
Milchama 101 122 00X - 7

Milchama wins series 2-0

at Grantsville Veterans Stadium
Darmen                012 114 000 - 9			
Zwangzug 200 005 000 - 7

Darmen wins series 2-0

at Walker Stadium
Lycrabon              000 000 040 - 4			
Saugeais 000 111 02X - 5

Saugeais wins series 2-0

at Youngstown State University Stadium
The Kytler Peninsula  000 030 202 00 - 7			
THRILLEDGE 021 011 110 02 - 9

Series tied 1-1

at Ashtabula Provincial Stadium
Taeshan               100 210 000 - 4			
Tyneala 201 200 00X - 5

In a shocker, Tyneala wins series 2-0

at Spokane City Stadium
Western cuba          201 312 021 - 12			
Qazox 020 020 510 - 10

Series tied 1-1

Which makes at present, the quarterfinal series:

11 Yesopalitha vs. 3 Civil Citizenry
10 Milchama vs. 2 Darmen
12 Saugeais vs. 13 THRILLEDGE-4 The Kytler Peninsulae winner
9 Tyneala vs. 18 Qazox-1 Western cuba winner
Last edited by Lycrabon on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
As Lycrabon:
WBC 18-19 Quarterfinals

Under former regime:
WBC 12 quarterfinals

Hosting:

Zwangzug
Issues Editor

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Zwangzug » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:09 pm

I didn't expect us to take the lead in the first with a run to spare. But we did. I was right about the short porch, Tyler Ruska going deep to drive in Rosalie with two away.

Then Priya struggled, again. She was already out of it by the sixth when Darmen went nuts, Boipelo and then Dai giving up a pair of runs in that half.

And then?

Then we saw why you can go crazy for this game, at the same time it might be driving you crazy. Amir and Jen walked, Tyler hit a triple. Sebastian flew out to right, bringing Tyler in, Charlie walked, they must have taken out their starter by this point. Anyway Leonora doubled, scoring Charlie, they should have thrown Brian out but Garret mishandled the throw at first and Leonora came in. That was it--in terms of scoring--but of course, we had no way of knowing at the time.

So Rosalie popped up, and Amir walked, again. And then Jen struck out swinging. I thought for sure the momentum would carry, after the stretch...maybe in the eighth, when Kate drew the walk off Neville...the ninth, with our home-field advantage so far from Spenson, from anywhere we care about. I think we all did. I haven't asked anyone yet.

And now?

We're through--through competing, that is, not through to the next round. But despite our luck, despite me being still convinced we're not that much better than last time around...not that you could ever know. I mean, on paper, we're a lot worse. But we couldn't actually play ourselves, could we? You'd need the same people on both teams.

I mean anyway. My point is, we'll probably get to come back for more. This time as the wise old sophomores. Wouldn't that be exciting.

Also, guess who might want to publish this thing? That's right, Nubind, they of Citiz fame! The only condition would be that I'd have to explain what I crossed out all the time.

I'm not sure I can commit to that, yet. Maybe with another Classic or two to have enough to say...

Still. "Strikeouts and Strikethroughs." It has a nice ring to it.
Factbook
My issues

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Qazox » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:25 am

Eagles lose in a slugfest, Game 3 tommorrow.

One night after having thier best performance of this WBC, Qazox' bullpen did all it could, but couldn't keep Western Cuba from extending their lead. Qazox did rally to tie the game at 9-all in the 7th from being down 7-2 and 9-4, but the rally fell short, 12-10. Marie Darby lasted just 3.2 innings, allowing 6 earned runs on 10 hits, while Mike Lee went 4-7 with a HR and 5 RBI in the losing effort. For Game 3 it'll be Mark Hummel facing off against Alejandro Torres.

Western cuba          201 312 021 - 12 22 1
Qazox 020 020 510 - 10 16 1

SCORING SUMMARY

Western Cuba 1st: Rogojkin doubled to left. Duran singled to center, Rogojin scored. Bures flied out. Chincilla singled to right, Duran to third. Nunez doubled to left, Duran scored, Chincilla out at home advancing (7-5-2), Nunez to third on play. Pletenetsky struck out looking. 2 runs on 4 hits, 1 LOB 2-0 Western Cuba

Qazox 2nd: Dodge singled to center. Zimmerman reached on Pletenetsky's throwing error, Dodge to third, Zimmerman to second. Espinoza struck out. Lee doubled to left, Dodge and Zimmerman scored. Bryant flied out to right. Darby struck out. 2 runs on 2 hits, 1 error; 1 LOB 2-2.

Western Cuba 3rd: Rogojkin struck out. Duran doubled to right. Bures singled to left, Duran to third. Chincilla singled to center, Duran scored, Bures to second. Nunez flied out to left. Pletenetsky grounded into fielder's choice (4-6), Chincilla out at second. 1 run on 3 hits; 1 LOB 3-2 Western Cuba

Western Cuba 4th: Reyes singled to left. Ortega flied out. Maradona grounded out to pitcher, Reyes to second. Rogojkin singled to left, Reyes to third. Duran 411ft HR to left, Reyes, Rogojkin and Duran scored. <PITCHING CHANGE:Terry Olney in for Darby> Bures grounded out to third. 3 runs on 3 hits; 0 LOB 6-2 Western Cuba

Western Cuba 5th: Chincilla doubled to right. Nunez doubled to center, Chincilla scored. Pletenetsky struck out. Reyes singled to left, Nunez to third. Ortega grounded into (5-4-3) double play, Reyes out at second.1 run on 3 hits; 1 LOB 7-2 Western Cuba

Qazox 5th: Olney struck out. Hodgman tripled to right-center. Jimenez singled to right, Hodgman scored. Hamilton walked, Jimenez to second. Dodge doubled to left-center, Jimenez scored, Hamilton to third. Zimmerman lined out to second.Espinoza flied out to center. 2 runs on 3 hits, 2 LOB 7-4 Western Cuba

Western Cuba 6th: Maradona grounded out to pitcher. Rogojkin singled to right. Duran flied out to center. Bures 421 ft HR to right, Rogojkin and Bures scored. <PITCHING CHANGE:David Scott in for Olney> Chincilla grounded out to third. 2 runs on 2 hits; 0 LOB 9-4 Western Cuba

Qazox 7th: Jimenez singled to left. Hamilton singled to center, Jimenez to second. Dodge struck out. Zimmerman doubled to right, Jimenez scored, Hamilton to third. <PITCHING CHANGE: Julian Santos in for Maradona> Espinoza singled to left, Hamilton scored, Zimmerman to third. Lee 419ft HR to right, Zimmerman, Espinoza and Lee scored. Bryant struck out. Scott grounded out to short. 5 runs on 5 hits; 0 LOB 9-9

Western Cuba 8th: Ortega doubled to right. Santos grounded out to catcher. Rogojkin singled to right, Ortega to third. Duran doubled to left-center, Oretga and Rogojkin scored. <PITCHING CHANGE: Sean Leva in for Scott> Bures flied out to right. Chincilla walked. Nunez flied out to center. 2 runs on 3 hits; 2 LOB 11-9 Western Cuba

Qazox 8th: Hodgman struck out. Jimenez flied out to left. Hamilton 447ft HR to right-center, Hamilton scored.<PITCHING CHANGE: Pablo Nuno in for Santos> Dodge struck out looking. 1 run on 1 hit; 0 LOB 11-10 Western Cuba

Western Cuba 9th: Pletenetsky singled to right. Reyes sacrificed to third, Pletenetsky to second. Ortega reached on Hodgman throwing error, Pletenetsky scored, Ortega to second. Nuno struck out. Rogojkin grounded out to third. 1 run on 1 hit, 1 error; 1 LOB 12-10 Western Cuba
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

THRILLEDGE
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby THRILLEDGE » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:37 pm

"Two outs, runner on first. Blastings steps up into the box, one for six on the night. First pitch, strike on the lower half. Alvarez standing on first, Ivey on third. McKinley just unable to get the job done. The pitch, low."

"McKinley could have been a hero but just got under it too much and popped it up, right to center. Unfortunate for the Dreads in a must win game two."

"Stepping back in the box and the third pitch, outside. Working the count to 2-1."

"This next pitch should be a good one to hit, look out."

"He's having a relatively quiet tournament, not batting..."

"You're lucky he's not listening to this."

"The 2-1, swung on, hit to deep left-center... its going back, at the track, to the wall, over! It's gone! It's gone! He's done it again! It's incredible! A walk-off two run home run by the captian, the leader, Blastings Thrilledge! Way a way to end it. Wow, just incredible. Studio recap in three, two, one, now!"

"Welcome to the pregame show and wow what a finish. Blastings does it again. Arthur did not give the best performance tonight, giving up five runs in six and a third. That's not all. A blown save by Ashwood kept the Kytlerians in the game. Blastings picking it up for the team, delivering when it matters. Tomorrow's game has Ryan Raymond on the hill, a guy who we definitely want on the mound, the ace. That's all for tonight, we'll have much more tomorrow night. The post game report, like usual, is brought to you by Galnorris Whiskey: "He picked up the team so we'll pick up the tab. Drinks on us tomorrow." Goodnight Thrilledge.

Esportiva

Lycrabon
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Lycrabon » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:45 pm

1 hour plus from completing the quarterfinal bracket....Is it the Eagles or the number one in the world advancing? Which mid-major advances with them? Answers soon....

EDIT: Cutoff now......who moves on?

at Sims Stadium
THRILLEDGE            100 170 100 - 10
The Kytler Peninsula 001 000 200 - 3
THRILLEDGE wins series 2-1

at North Coast Stadium
Qazox                 100 010 000 - 2
Western cuba 100 312 00X - 7
Western cuba wins series 2-1

Quarterfinal information to come shortly.
Last edited by Lycrabon on Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
As Lycrabon:
WBC 18-19 Quarterfinals

Under former regime:
WBC 12 quarterfinals

Hosting:

Lycrabon
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Lycrabon » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:08 pm

Quarterfinal info:

10 Milchama vs. 2 Darmen
13 THRILLEDGE vs. 12 Saugeais
9 Tyneala vs. 1 Western cuba

Games 1 and 3: Spokane City Stadium
Game 2: Ashtabula Provincial Stadium
HP Dylan Chandler (Middle of the Road)
1B Kenneth Dickson (Rules-Oriented)
2B Russell Norton (Middle of the Road)
3B Chester Gonzalez (Spot-On)

10 Milchama vs. 2 DarmenGames 1 and 3: Philipsburg Municipal Stadium
Game 2: Welcome City Stadium
HP Chad Woods (Patient)
1B Oscar Newman (Spot-On)
2B Brent Lancaster (Rules-Oriented)
3B Corey Wilson (Patient)

13 THRILLEDGE vs. 12 Saugeais
Games 1 and 3: Sims Stadium
Game 2: Youngstown State University Stadium
HP Cole McCoy (Patient)
1B Ryan Santana (Patient)
2B Will Campbell (Argumentative)
3B Nathan Jensen (Patient)

9 Tyneala vs. 1 Western cubaGames 1 and 3: North Coast Stadium
Game 2: Lake Erie Stadium
HP Kevin Hartman (Rules-Oriented)
1B Steven Douglas (Rules-Oriented)
2B Arnold Lang (Spot-On)
3B Ray Mullen (Patient)

As before, the home plate umpire in Games 2 and 3 will be at 3rd (Game 2) and 2nd (Game 3) for Game 1. Clockwise rotation.
As Lycrabon:
WBC 18-19 Quarterfinals

Under former regime:
WBC 12 quarterfinals

Hosting:

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Qazox » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:00 pm

Eagles blown out in Game 3, head home to re-tool for Silver Edition of WBC

Mark Hummel was rocked, allowing 7 runs in 4.1 innings as Western Cuba knocked out Qazox.

Qazox                 100 010 000 - 2  5 0
Western cuba 100 312 00X - 7 15 0

SCORING SUMMARY

Qazox 1st: Hodgman 398ft HR to left, Hodgman scored. Jimenez flied out. Hamilton grounded out to third. Dodge grounded out to short. 1 run on 1 hit, 0 LOB 1-0 Qazox

Western Cuba 1st: Rogojkin singled to right. Duran doubled to left, Rogojkin scored. Bures struck out. Chincilla flied out to right. Nunez grounded out to third. 1 run on 2 hits, 1 LOB 1-1

Western Cuba 4th: Reyes singled to left. Ortega doubled to left, Reyes to third. Torres struck out. Rogojkin doubled to right, Reyes and Ortega scored. Duran singled to right, Rogojkin to third. Bures flied out to center, Rogojkin scored. Chincilla walked, Duran to second. Nunez grounded into fielder's choice (6-4), Chincilla out at second. 3 runs on 4 hits, 1 LOB 4-1 Western Cuba

Qazox 5th: Bryant singled to left. Christian struck out, Hodgman singled to right, Bryant to second. Jimenez singled to right, Bryant scored. Hodgman to second. Hamilton grounded into double play (4-6-3), Jimenez out at second. 1 run on 3 hits, 1 LOB 4-2 Western Cuba

Western Cuba 5th: Pletenetsky struck out. Reyes doubled to left. Ortega doubled to center, Reyes scored. Torres sacrificed to third, Ortega to third. Rogojkin struck out. 1 run on 2 hits, 1 LOB 5-2 Western Cuba

Western Cuba 6th: Bures singled to left. Chincilla flied out to right. Nunez 428 ft HR ro right, Bures and Nunez scored. <PITCHING CHANGE Aaron Smith in for Christian> Pletenetsky singled to center. Reyes doubled to center, Pletenetsky to third. Ortega grounded into fielder's choice (5-2), Pletenetsky out at home, Reyes to third, Ortega safe at first on play. Torres popped out to short. 2 runs on 4 hits, 2 LOB 7-2 Western Cuba
Last edited by Qazox on Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports