NATION

PASSWORD

World Cup 62 - The Rosters thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Slembana
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 17, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Slembana » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:25 am

The Slembanan squad

(OOC: This was written on the Slembanan FA's website (http://www.slembananfa.slm). World Cup 62 qualifying will start in September 2014 Slembanan time, and end in October 2015 Slembanan time, with the play-offs taking place in November 2015 Slembanan time. The date that this was written on was 27 August 2014 Slembanan time.)

The time has come, dudes, for the sixty-second World Cup. It was two years ago that we entered our first-ever World Cup, the sixty-first edition, as an unranked team. That was in 2012, and it's now 2014. We're now ranked 129th in the world, and we're hoping to build on that ranking during this edition.

The main changes to the squad from then and now are that three players from the 2012 squad have retired since. James Bareman (who is now 39, having retired later in 2012) and Gavin Stockwell (our captain from 2012 to earlier this year, retired earlier this year, and managed our Under-21 team to the Di Bradini Cup quarter-finals in June) have retired due to old age, while Jarod Vale, who had to pull out of the squad for the 61st World Cup mid-qualifying due to a knee injury, retired in 2013 after failing to recover from that injury. Vale was replaced by Dorrin Forrester after suffering the injury, but Forrester himself is not even in the squad for World Cup 62 qualifying.

Bareman was a substitute player for the qualifying campaign for World Cup 61, so he doesn't desperately need replacing. His replacement is Hank Bowles. Replacing Stockwell is, of course, a huge act, and the player who has been drafted in to replace him is Dennis Valfern, who captained us at the Di Bradini Cup. Vale's replacement is Eddie Barlow, the 25 year-old striker who plays his club football in Iturributa, and made his international début in December 2012.

Stockwell's replacement for captain is Don Adobe, who played alongside Stockwell at centre-back in World Cup 61 qualifying. Adobe was chosen as captain for this campaign due to him having experience as captain previously, having captained us to third place at the King James Invitational Cup in July 2012, when our national team was just fledgling. Val Kylx, our star striker (and our best player by miles) was another choice for the armband, but he is only nineteen years old. Adobe isn't old either - he's just 22 - but he was seen as the best choice for our team.

Anyway, let's get on with the squad!

Starting XI:
Goalkeeper: Toby Gapman
Birthday: 29 August 1981
Caps: 67
Goals: 1
Current club: Bafilo United
Toby is a veteran, having made his debut for his first club, Velbay United, almost 17 years ago (1997). He is first choice goalkeeper for both his club, Bafilo United (who are our most successful and most well-known club) and for his country. Toby will celebrate his 33rd birthday on Friday 29 August, which is just two days away. Toby is widely regarded as the best goalkeeper in the country. He is agile and tall, and is a great shot-stopper.
Right-back: Callum Potts
Birthday: 28 July 1980
Caps: 70
Goals: 0
Current club: Vanderlei Albion
Another veteran in our squad is Callum Potts, our right-back. Callum made his début for his first club (Bafilo City) way back in 1996, and stayed at City until 1998, when he controversially joined city rivals United. Callum moved again in 2004, joining Vanderlei Albion. On the international stage, Callum has gained 70 caps, and is our first choice right-back. He may be small (5 ft 8 ins), but makes up for his height with tough tackling.
Centre-back: Don Adobe (captain)
Birthday: 25 February 1992
Caps: 72
Current club: Bafilo City
Don Adobe may only be 22 years old, but he is captaining us here at World Cup 62 qualifying. As said earlier, he also captained us to third place at the King James Invitational Cup in Cosgravia way back in July 2012, when our national team was only new. Don is very tall (6 ft 5 ins), and is thus quite slow, but great tackling makes up for bad pace. Don has played for Bafilo City his entire career, making his début for them in 2008. Don is our joint most-capped player, alongside Follin Maxet and Val Kylx.
Centre-back: Dennis Valfern
Birthday: 13 March 1993
Caps: 6
Dennis is the replacement for Gavin Stockwell on both domestic and international level, after Gavin retired earlier this year. Dennis was a substitute player in our qualifying campaign for World Cup 61, and has taken Gavin’s place in the starting XI on the international stage. On the club stage, Dennis was signed by Bafilo United from Chelsea United for D6.25 million to fill the void left in the starting lineup of the champions that was created by Gavin’s retirement. Dennis was our captain at the Di Bradini Cup, the World Cup for under-21 players, back in June. We reached the quarter-finals of the tournament.
Left-back: Norris Rawlinson
Birthday: 19 January 1980
Caps: 64
Current club: Chelsea City
Norris is our first-choice left-back here on the international stage. He has collected over 60 caps for us, and is also the first-choice left-back for his club, Chelsea City. Norris joining City from Anderson City back in 2005, having made his debut with Anderson back in 1996, aged 16. Norris was bullied at school for being a ginger, but has fought back to become one of the world’s best left-backs.
Defensive midfielder: Follin Maxet
Birthday: 24 July 1989
Current club: Bafilo City
Follin is a vital player in our squad. The 25 year-old plays for Bafilo City, having made his début for them way back in 2005. Follin is a tough-tackling defensive midfielder. He is our joint-most capped player, alongside Don Adobe and Val Kylx. Follin has black skin, and, as a result, was bullied at school.
Right-winger: Finlay Yalnif
Birthday: 21 April 1985
Caps: 71
Goals: 3
Finlay made his début for his club, Bafilo United, way back in 2001, which was 13 years ago! He embarrassed many opposition defenders with his speed, tricks, and outrageous nutmegs. That was when he was 16, and he is now 29. Despite this, he hasn’t lost any of his speed, tricks, or nutmegs, and his face is virtually unchanged from 2001. Finlay is usually seen with a smile on his face. He loves to play.
Attacking midfielder: Jyvx Dagens
Birthday: 19 December 1994
Caps: 71
Goals: 5
Jyvx is one of the best players in our squad, and is not even 20 years old. He has black skin, and is an excellent passer of the ball (as well as an excellent free-kick taker). Jyvx almost always seems to be brilliant when he plays, or, if the team perform awfully, he usually performs as one of the best. Jyvx’s best friend is Follin Maxet. The two players both have black skin (as mentioned earlier), went to the same school in Bafilo (having both been brought up in our capital, and have been teammates ever since they made their international débuts together. Even the fact that Jyvx plays for Bafilo United and that Follin plays for Bafilo City doesn’t dent the friendship of the two players.
Left-winger: Yuppë Tárnix
Birthday: 24 July 1988
Caps: 67
Goals: 2
Yuppë is another player in our squad who has black skin. He is also another player in our squad who plays for Bafilo United. He has been our first-choice left-winger since World Cup 61 qualifying, and has scored two international goals. He is a good crosser of the ball, and has set up many goals for both club and country. The player is hard-working.
Striker: Val Kylx
Birthday: 3 August 1995
Goals: 63
Current club: Feardillis’ Wanderers (Farfadillis)
What. A. Player! Val Kylx is bar far the best football player we have, despite being only 19 years old. He has scored 63 goals in 72 internationals, which means he has a scoring rate of 88% (rounded to the nearest whole number). Val scored his first way back in July 2012, against Icaia in the King James Invitational Cup. He was just sixteen back then. Val made his début for his first club, Bafilo United, aged just fourteen. What’s even better is that he scored twice in that match. Val now plays his club football for Farf club Feardillis’ Wanderers, having joined them for D55 million. Val is fresh-faced, with brown spiky hair (only spiked in the middle). He is not only famous around the world for his amazing goalscoring record, but is also famous for scoring goals very early in matches.
Striker: Eddie Barlow
Birthday: 23 March 1989
Caps: 33
Goals: 18
Current club: Sporting Iturributa (Iturributa)
He may be nowhere near how good Val Kylx is, but Eddie Barlow is still a good striker. He only made his international début in December 2012, which was after he became our first player to play abroad (joining Iturributan club Sporting Iturributa), but has already become Val’s strike partner in the starting XI. Val’s previous strike partner’s weren’t really good, so thank goodness Eddie is.

Substitute’s bench:
Goalkeepers: Kevin Banks, Josh Pitbull
Right-back: Tom Iflon
Centre-backs: Hank Bowles, Warren Lockton
Left-back: Freddie Spencer
Defensive midfielder: Max Locker
Right-winger: Olajide Tamerik
Attacking midfielder: Zorro Pullman
Left-winger: Javo Jexa
Strikers: Toby Valfox, Jordan Valfox

Formation: 4-1-3-2

Style modifier: +1.5

KPB: 5.11

Home Stadium: Royal Slembanan Stadium (136,914)

Manager: Gavin Stockwell (former captain of our national team, 38 years old)

Gavin, after managing our under-21 side to the quarter-final stage at the Di Bradini Cup in June, has decided to put himself in the hot-seat for our qualifying campaign for World Cup 62. He replaces Alex Gardina, who left in March this year. The players Gavin will be managing are almost all players who he had played with before retirement.

My opponent, if they RP first, may do the following:

Choose my goalscorers: YES
Godmod scoring events: NO
RP injuries to my players: NO
Godmod injuries to my players: NO
Hand out yellow cards to my players: Only yellow cards. Maximum one per match, and one per player. Maximum in the whole tournament (qualifying, and the proper thing if I get there): 10.
Hand out red cards to my players: NO
Godmod other events: NO

Strips (designed by Northern Sunrise Islands)
NSI could not make either of my third strips, sorry.

ImageImageImageImage
Last edited by Slembana on Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Wight
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 14, 2011
New York Times Democracy

WC-62 Synaxarion

Postby Wight » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:54 am

Last edited by Wight on Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
::: WIGHT :::
BECAUSE REASONS

Hutt River
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Hutt River » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:58 am

All characters here are based off the British television series Red Dwarf. More information on the characters mentioned can be found here.

Hutt River roster for World Cup 62
AKA: The Smegs

GK – Dave Lister [Series I-X]

Lister is a slobby man, normally dressed in a leather jacket and hat, and one of his two best shirts (which have a curry stain down the front). He wrongly thinks he is a fantastic guitarist and his life dream was to buy a small farm on Fiji. This slobiness rarely shows on the field, where he is a pretty good goalkeeper and normally has a smegton of luck on his side

RD - Duane Dibbley [Series V, Series VI, Series VIII]

Duane Dibbley is the dorky alter-ego of the Cat who has a pudding basin haircut and big overbite. He still has the Cat's rather large sense of selfishness though, and this shows as he rarely lets go of the ball. He is also hindered by his poor intelligence on the pitch, but is quite fast, owhich is often used to his advantage

CD – Arnold Rimmer [Series I-X]

Lister's bunkmate brought back to life as a hologram to keep Lister sane. Often the butt of jokes, he is selfish but smart, and oftem has doubts about Lister's ability to do most things. On the pitch he is the heart of the defence, alongside his alter ego, Ace Rimmer, and can tackle surprisingly well for his age. Has quite a short temper

CD – Ace Rimmer [Series IV, Series VI, Series VII]

An alter-ego of Arnold Rimmer, who is modest despite being a popular, knowledgeable daredevil hero. As well as that, he is also an almost perfect all round football player who plays alongside Rimmer at the heart of the defence. His only weak point is marking, especially from corners, as he tries to mark all of them to save the hassle of the others.

CD – Kristine Kochanski [Series I, Series II, Series VI, Series VII-Back to Earth]

Red Dwarf's Navigation Officer who was the object of Lister's lust before she was killed by a radiation leak. Playing football, she is the player who gets the ball forward after a corner, towards one of the strikers thanks to her fantastic accuracy when kicking a ball.

LD – Olaf Petersen [Series I, VIII. Mentioned many times]

A Danish catering officer on the Red Dwarf mining vessel, and best friend of Lister. A very strong player who out muscles almost every opposing player, his powerful free kick contribute a few goals to the overall tally. His poor intelligence, though, means that they often go into the stands.

RM – Ramses Niblick the Third Kerplunk Kerplunk Oops Where's My Thribble [Series IV (mentioned)]

A former friend of Kryten, who suffers from computer senility. His real name is Gilbert. He doesn't really do much on the field, just crossing the ball into the box. Has an excellent way of picking out players in a scrum.

CM – Frankenstein [Series I]

Frankenstein was a normal cat, accidentally turned into the mother of every single Felis Sapiens and other similar species ever, and the holy mother of the cat religion, after being left in the hold when the radiation leak happens. Really just there to make up the numbers when on the pitch.

LM – Kryten [Series II, Series III-Back to Earth]

Kryten is a neurotic Series 4000 mechanoid robotic servant, who has broken his programming He is humanoid, with the exception of the flat cubical face and head. He is incredibly intelligent which helps him when playing his left midfielder position, pointing out the exact position and power to get it to the person/machine in the six yard box.

ST – Talkie Toaster [Series I, Series IV]

An annoying talking toaster, who offers toasted stuff at every possible opportunity. He is only around because he is an excellent poacher, going through people legs and hitting the ball into the goal during a goalmouth scramble, due to his amll size and the fact he is on wheels. His small size can be a hinderance as well, mainly due to not being able getting easy headers for a human.

ST – The Cat [Series I-X]

A humanoid descendant of a modern house cat (Felis Erectus), which had been Lister's pet cat before the radiation leak. The Cat cares about himself, and only himself, and is incredibly vain. He is the main goalscorer on the team, thanks to his incredible shooting skills.

Substitutes
GK - Holly [Series I-V, VII, VIII, Back to Earth]

Holly was Red Dwarf's computer. Holly's user interface appears on the ship's screens as a disembodied human head on a black background. After being left alone for millions of years, he has suffered from computer senility. Has above average intyelligence but suffers from bad reaction times.

CD – Quagaar warrior [Series I (mentioned)]

The Quagaars are an alien species made up by Rimmer, after a garbage pod entered the ship. The warrior is essentially a discarded roast chicken. Remains on the bench pretty much all of the time

LM – Mr. Flibble [Series V]

A hand puppet penguin used by Rimmer when he was taken over by 'Hex virus'. As with the Quaagar, he just sits on the bench most of the time

CM - Queeg [Series II]

Queeg was a practical joke played by Holly to make him appreciate him being there he uses an aggressive command style and it's not unusual to see hi outburst angrily, provoked or not. Similar in working to Holly, he also suffers from the same problems

ST - Stab 'Im [Series I]

Stab 'Im is a motorised service and maintenance robot, named a Skutter, a 2 feet tall motorized box, with one limb, with three claws on the end. He can move fast but suffers from height issues.

Kits

Choose my goalscorers Y
Godmod scoring events Y
RP injuries to my players Y
Godmod injuries to my players N
Hand out yellow cards to my players Y (Max. 6 per game)
Hand out red cards to my players Y (Max. 2 per game)
Godmod other events Y
Last edited by Hutt River on Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known as Ipeland

With Hutt River: Hosted Cup of Harmony 55
With Ipeland: 1st: Ultimate Cup 3, Baptism of Iron XI
Qualified for World Cup 59
Hosted: Baptism of Fire 47, Market Cup V, 8th Babbage Rules Tournament

Westros
Attaché

Founded: Jun 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Westros » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:22 pm

Manager: Simon Mcbride
Style: +2

Starting Line-Up:

Subtitutes :
GK- John Albert
RB- Richard Hitam
LB- William Joke
CB- Bert Arnold
CM- David Spitz
CM- Max KillZone
ST- John Stryker

Football Kit:

Home:

Away:

GoalKeeper Home:

Goalkeeper Away:

Stadiums:
Ultimus Primus Areana. Capacity: 63,000

Here Is the University Areana. Capacity: 45,000.

Stadium Loyal. Capacity:30,000

If opponent, if they RP first, may do the following:

Choose my goalscorers Y
Godmod scoring events Y (With in Reason)
RP injuries to my players Y ( Minor Injuries only)
Hand out yellow cards to my players Y (Within reason)
Hand out red cards to my players Y (Within Reason)
Godmod other events Y
Last edited by Westros on Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:42 am, edited 7 times in total.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny
into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Sicoutimont
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sicoutimont » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:50 pm

World Cup 62

A new roster was drawn up for World Cup 62. Not really new, however: most players played in World Cup 61 as well. Also, the SFA announced new kits thanks to the people at Vulpine Sportif. Here is the team roster:

Starters
GOALTENDERS
GK- Pier-Luc Dion, Lac-Drouin St-Pierre
GK- Herbert Georges, Vasal United

DEFENDERS
DF- Yves Savard, Lac Drouin City
DF- Neal Kent, Champlain FC
DF- Jacques Julien, Lac Drouin St-Pierre

MIDFIELDS
MF- Hans Richelieu, Riviere-St-Denis United
MF- Tommy Taberval, Lac Drouin City
MF- Oscar de Orebale, St-Simeon United
MF-Pier-Luc Hudon, St-Simeon United

FORWARDS
FW- Girard Giroux, Club Atletico Popular de Los Chorros (Valladares)
FW- Georges Allonts, Lac Drouin City
FW- Christopher Savard, Lac-Drouin St-Pierre

SUBSTITUTES
DF- Yves de Rousselle, Lac Drouin City
MF- Georges de Morants, St-Simeon FC
FW- Albert Alkion, St-Simeon FC
DF-Robert Roberval, St-Simeon United

MANAGER
MG- Marc Denis, Lac-Drouin St-Pierre

Choose my goalscorers? Yes
Godmod scoring events? No
RP injuries to my players? Yes, but no more than 1 game
Godmod injuries to my players? No
Hand out yellow cards to my players? Yes
Hand out red cards to my players? No
Godmod other events? Yes, but not too unrealistic please.

Kits
Home-Image
Away-Image
Keeper Home-Image
Keeper Away-Image

Home Field
Rotates between 2 stadiums.

Stade St-Pierre
Home of the Lac-Drouin St-Pierre Football Club, Stade St-Pierre is in downtown Lac-Drouin, and seats 46,000.

Field Nationale
Home of the Lac-Drouin City football club. Just outside Lac-Drouin, and seats 39,000.

Style Mod and Formation
Style Mod Used: +2
Formation: 4-2-3-1
Last edited by Sicoutimont on Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Democratic Green Republic of Sicoutimont
Population: 110,500,000 | Capital: Lac-Drouin | Language: Sicoutian | Country Code: SIC

Under the wise leadership of Chairman Alphonse Pomeroy we will brighten our future!

19th Century Beards
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby 19th Century Beards » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:33 pm

19th Century Beards' World Cup 62 squad

Manager
Tom Patedson, 40
After former manager Markus Gimbiris stepped down after 19th Century Beards' rather poor performance at the most recent Campionato Esportiva, the 19th Century Beards Football Federation had a hard decision to make. Under 21 manager Tom Patedson was the favourite of many. It came as a surprise to no-one that, after only 5 and a half hours deliberation, Tom Patedson was took on as 19th Century Beards manager. The day after, Patedson announced a major shake up in the Beards' squad, replacing most of the old deadwood and bringing in younger faces from the 19th Century Beards league. Two years later he kept his promise and has replaced every single player except from one. It's a risky tactic, but will it pay off?

Squad
Number-Position-Name-Age
Height-Weight-Club-Day Job

First 11

1-GK-Thomas Smith-19
189cm-89kg-Rushton Road-Shoe Salesperson

2-RB-Jack Major-20
173cm-71kg-Ministry of Finance-Government worker

3-CB-Jack Major-17
190cm-88kg-Rushton Capitals-Shop assistant

4-CB-Andrew Milne-23
186cm-85kg-Sneezum Lane-Bin man

5-CB-Paul Milne-26
179cm-79kg-Sneezum Lane-Banker

6-LB-James Small-19
170cm-69kg-Rushton Juniors-Accountant

7-CM-Lee Thompson-28
176cm-70kg-Police Service-Policeman

8-CM-Ross Burke-25
194cm-91kg-Rushton Nature Reserve United-Builder

9-AMC-James Manilow-17
182cm-88kg-Caws Lane-Student/Shelf stacker

10-ST-Mindougas Gimbiris-33 (C)
171cm-68kg-Ministry of Sport-Co-head of NCBFF

11-ST-Markus Gimbiris II-16
163cm-66kg-Ministry of Sport-Government worker

Substitutes
12-GK-Mattie Burke-19
183cm-68kg-Ministry of Finance-Government worker

13-L/RB-Ross Steve-30
174cm-75kg-Ribble Street-Shopkeeper

14-MC-James Tiner-21
177cm-80kg-Kingsway Lane-IT Guy

15-AMC/ST-Jimmy James-16
180cm-77kg-Police Service-Policeman

16-CB-Jack Crown-22
199cm-85kg-Rushton Juniors-Plasterer

Stadium: Ribble Park (Capacity: 2,000 (100 seated))

Choose my goalscorers Y
Godmod scoring events Y
Hand out yellow cards to my players Y
Hand out red cards to my players N
Godmod other events Y

Style Mod: +1
Last edited by 19th Century Beards on Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:24 am, edited 4 times in total.
Birolika wrote:
Farfadillis wrote:Or maybe something that may sound extremely crazy: he plays but doesn't score, while another player of yours does. :O
I know it may sound ridiculous, but it can prepare you for a distant future when Val Kylx has to retire. It can also help you write a creative RP.

Scrap that, Birolika's idea is awesome.

That might be the first time one of my ideas hasn't been met with the response, "Fine, but where are you going to get all those yaks from?"

Runners-up of Campionato Esportiva II

Mesoland
Senator

Founded: Feb 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mesoland » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:56 pm

Mesoland World Cup 62 Roster

Head Coach: Bert Giazanba
Assistant Coach: Niyuka Hupafru

Starting XI:

Goalkeeper: Ziza Akazambaa, 29
Columbia Jets
Right Back: John François, 32
Ilungwe City
Centre Back: Ahaka Majukalile, 32
Ilungwe City
Centre Back: Beni Arfa, 28
Korka Town (Pelitoo)
Left Back: William Ugadu, 26
Hanakwe FC
Right Wing: Johan Schmitt, 30
Biskele FC
Right Centre: Ikarba Nazakofye (C), 34
Ilungwe City
Left Centre: Darron Miaku, 21
Tabarak East FC
Left Wing: Karaji Karaji, 19
Columbia Jets
Centre Forward: ‘Vava’, 23
BFK Ulunga
Striker: Beritata Nukaba, 25
Tympú AC (Farfadillis)

Reserves:

Goalkeeper: Naya Guma, 22
Ilungwe City
Goalkeeper: Joel Akarambi, 29
Josuhki Town
Left Back/Centre Back: Joe LaFonte, 18
Tabarak East FC
Centre Back: Neil Tufa, 33
1892 Tabarak Blues
Right Back/Left Back: Leroy Noël, 28
Kyoto FC (Mishuland)
Left Wing: Kosybi Bahazio, 24
AFC Bortuli
Centre Mid: Litaka Balotelli, 31
Ilungwe City
Left Wing/Right Wing: Zuraya Bahazio, 30
Columbia Jets
Striker/Centre Forward: JJ Lukaka, 29
Arasezio United
Striker/Centre Forward: Zirka Bulu, 20
1892 Tabarak Blues

Style Modifier: 2.5

National Stadium:

Pekolé Stadium, Tabarak (Capacity of 71,456)

RP Permissions:

Choose my goalscorers: Yes
Godmod scoring events: Yes
RP injuries to my players: Yes (Nothing career-ending)
Godmod injuries to my players: Yes (Nothing career-ending)
Hand out yellow cards to my players: Yes
Hand out red cards to my players: Possibly (TG me if you would like to)
Godmod other events: Possibly (TG me the circumstances please)
Last edited by Mesoland on Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Boring Paradise
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 01, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Boring Paradise » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:37 am

Boring Paradise's
World Cup 62 Squad

Manager: Matthew Johnstone(age 33)
Assistant Manager: Andrew Whitehouse (age 36)
Coach: Brian McFalon (age 43)
Assistant Coach: Raiyaan McCloud (age 47)

POS	Player Name		Age	Country

GK Osama Homewood 12 BRP
GK Nathan Pili 28 DMS

DF John Alklani 12 BRP
DF Daniel Jones 12 BRP
DF John Hall 12 DMS
DF Robert Johnston 12 DMS

DF Jenson Browning 15 BRP
DF Henry Roadster 20 BRP
DF Lewis Homewood 27 DMS
DF Ben Collins 28 DMS

MD Kevin Harris 12 BRP
MD Hishaam Ali 12 BRP
MD Robert Patterson 12 DMS
MD Robbie Webber 12 DMS

MD Michael Bailey 18 BRP
MD Alex Smith 20 BRP
MD Samuel Wong 26 DMS
MD Ryan Miller 27 DMS

FW Sameer Jaklim 12 BRP
FW Raiyaan Malik 12 BRP

FW Robbie Patterson 18 DMS
FW Haider Williams 24 DMS
FW Yousuf Bell 22 BRP

Key:
Starters
Captain
BRP= Boring Paradise
DMS= Deadmans

Home Strip:

Away/Neutral Ground Strip:

Goalie Strip:

National Stadium: Empilot City Arena (ATT: 141,273)

Choose my goalscorers: Y
Godmod scoring events: Y
RP injuries to my players: Y (Not so Bad)
Godmod injuries to my players: N
Hand out yellow cards to my players: Y (Only one more than your team)
Hand out red cards to my players: N
Godmod other events: Y (No KILLING)

Style Modifiers: +3.1
The Paradisian Empire contains the Center, Boring Paradise, and the loyal countries that have sworn allegiance.

Best Places
U-15 World Cup 7 Runners-Up
WWISC 2 Runners Up
U-15 Chamionship (3rd Place)
Friendly Cup X (3rd Place)
Hosted
Internation FireStorm Cup II,III
Friendly Cup X

Mapletish
Minister

Founded: Feb 26, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Team Mapletish For World Cup LXII [WC62]

Postby Mapletish » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:24 am

Team Mapletish For World Cup LXII
Nation Name : The Mapletia Unida Of Mapletish
Short Name : Mapletish Union,UM
Demonym: Maplish/Mapletian
Team Nickname: The Lions
The Supporters: The Fierykop

TEAM KIT - Kits proudly sponsored by Vulpine Sportif, Northern Sunrise Islands
ImageImage
ImageImage

STADIUM USED FOR WORLD CUP 62 QUALIFIER

Corazones Estadio,Struggait City - 87,452

Team Overview

The tide has turned down and the new World Cup cycle starts for the Lions, fresh from the World Cup playoff defeat for the 61st World Cup, the Lions come back for another challenge for the World Cup tournament and this time qualify for the tournament itself. In the post World Cup 61 tournament, the Lions endured a disappointing below par Copa Rushmori performance, which saw the Lions unable to advance to the knockout stages for the first time in the tournament marking down their worst Copa Rushmori campaign ever, finishing worst than their Round Of 16 exits in the first and third Copa Rushmori appearances. What followed was a Friendly Cup 3rd place finish right at home and a Brevity Challenge Cup Quicksilver Trophy fourth place.

Following a dramatic post World Cup Cycle performance, the Lions ran on a three match losing streak against GSM schools as they failed to score in three matches running for their worst start to any World Cup Cycle since their debut in the World Cup 57. A warning was later issued to Muain Newtons and stated that qualification for the World Cup is compulsory and failure to achieve the goal will result in him taking the sack, it seem that the Mapletish Sports Federation is putting up some pressure on everybody's back to ensure that the team qualify for the World Cup and climb the ranking ladders further into the rankings.

With pressure mounting onto Muain Newtons, only a qualification for the World Cup will erase the pressure off his back, not even a invitation to the Cup Of Harmony will do that.

First Eleven + Management Team

Management Team
Manager: Muain Newtons, 46
Assistant Manager: Oelen Heinz, 35
First-Team Coach, Jeanette Finley, 26
Physio,Jennifer Dawn, 30
Team Doctor, Jane Marl, 35

Starting Eleven

Goalkeeper - Oliver Kahner ♂
Full-Back - Glena Johnson ♂
Center Back - John Davis ♂
Center Back - Jaimie Lim ♀
Full Back - Chong Mei Kei ♀
Central Midfielder - Steven Johnson ♂
Central Midfielder - Enkainia Lee ♀
Central Midfielder - Peres De Oliver CAPTAIN
Winger - Espiridión Teófilo ♂
Forward - Alero Junio VICE-CAPTAIN
Winger - Di Natile ♂

Player Roles

Direct Free Kick Taker: Alero Junio
Indirect Free Kick Taker: Enkainia Lee
Penalty Taker: Alero Junio
Right Corner: Peres De Olvier
Left Corner: Di Natile

Substitution Bench + Reserves

Forwards
JH Morison ♂
Dennis Long ♂
Apolinar Pedro ♂
Cirillo Remigio ♂
Jessie Leons ♀

Midfielders
Diego Alvarez ♂
Steven Jerrard ♂
Anjol Darez ♂
Aarón Ernesto ♂
Janelle Elda ♀

Defenders
Joseph Danny ♂
Irwin Shah ♂
Baldassare Claudio ♂
Ambrogio Ottone ♂
Chloe Frçoisa ♀

Goalkeepers
Travis Hard ♂
Sapphire Avalon ♀

Graphical Depiction of Line-up

Official Media Broadcasters

RP Permissions
Do anything but before you go around killing and injuring my players, drop me a TG. Don't be afraid to TG me too if you have any doubts or in need of anything or everything that is related to Mapletish.

Style Modifier +5 (Or Highest)

Last edited by Mapletish on Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Minuscule Nation Mapletish
Pop. 65,000,000 | Capital: Struggait City| Demonym: Maplish/Mapletian| Trigramme: MAP
First - WLC 24, DBC 43, XIV Winter Olympics Second - WCoH 22, RUWC 23, CR 24 Third- BoF 44, HWC 11, WCoH 20, WCoH 21, DBC 49 Fourth - U15WC9, RLWC12, CR 14
Qualified for WC 64, 66
www.unionsports.map
Proudly contributing my triumph's to the glorification of the greater whole!

Kandorith
Minister

Founded: Aug 26, 2009
Capitalizt

Postby Kandorith » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:22 am

Kandorese National Team

Head Coach Huanjiou Shinji
Assistant Coach Xianjie Maru

Kit:
Home

Away

Formation

4-3-3 Attacking
Style Modifier: +2

GK
Taiji Xiahua

Def
Erizawa Mitsuharu CD
Kogo Takafumi RB /RWB
Juno Kawasho CD
Nakamura Miraki LB/LWB

MF
Sekozawa Hiroya CM/AM (Captain)
Shimakaga JieJie RM
Choshi Xian LM

FW
Hasabe Yatá ST/CF
Kamaruki Dajuro LF
Miruki Liou RF

Reserves:

GK:
Seiji Sakabara
Shigemitsu Yamato

Def
Eguchi Atasuki LB
Tsumemasa Tsutomo CD
Nakae Toyaka RB/RWB
Tatemaka Masaki RLB

MF
Murakami Mitsuhare RW
Okha Eiichi LW
Imada Tageci AM
Kawashi Akira CF

FW
Fujiwara Iichi ST/CM

Permissions:
Choose my goalscorers Y
Godmod scoring events Y
Roleplay injuries to my players Y, though nothing outrageous without consult, please.
Godmod injuries to my players Y, but nothing as severe as complete career ending.
Hand out yellow cards to my players Y, within reason
Hand out red cards to my players Y, within reason
Godmod other events N, but something can be arranged with a telegram.
Great Empire of Kanyori | 大宮来国 | Arashi Kanyori Yokoku

Overview | Constitution | Anthem | Imperial Anthem | Armed Forces | Foreign Affairs | Emperor

Hikari Kyoyu Headlines:
BREAKING NEWS: LDP wins elections in landslide though Yoshiro Murakami will not return as prime minister they stated. | Latest technology showcased at the Empress Masumi Stadium as the January Tech Summit starts for the weekend | CDP claims LDP stole the election and will take legal steps against the election results

Yelvoldia
Attaché

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yelvoldia » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:29 pm

YBC Sports - Football - Squad for World Cup 62

By Tom Nitwick

Here, we will reveal our squad for the 62nd World Cup, which is to be held in Carpathia & Ruthenia and Astrograth. We have just emerged from a somewhat successful campaign in the 49th Baptism of Fire, where we reached the round of 16, scoring a mega 18 goals in 6 games. Anyway, let's get on with the squad, which is unchanged from the BoF squad.

All players in the squad will be male humans, unless specified. In total, there are 11 male humans, and 12 others - 7 female humans and 5 badgers. The badgers are all able to talk, and all have human intelligence. They are in our squad because the badger is our national animal. These badgers were all engineered to be able to talk and have human intelligence in harmless labs. Please note that our captain, Xavier Jules, is a male human.

Starting XI (4-1-3-2):
GK: Herman Barton
RB: Martin Albertson (badger)
CB: Florence Diválo (female)
CB: Xavier Jules (captain)
LB: Robyn Smith (female)
CDM: Jack Brown (badger)
RW: Sophie Carpet (female)
CAM: Aaron Bïndel
LW: Lionel Martin
RS: Roger McLeod
LS: Connor Evans (badger)
Substitutes bench:
GK: Marty Haryx (badger)
CB: Zack Holt
CB: Dale Google
LB: Sally Edwards (female)
RW: Warren Inglis
CAM: Liz Gerthin (female)
RS: Vicky Scuginor (female)
Reserves:
GK: Eva Yelbin (female)
RB: Watson Evans (badger)
CDM: AJ Rodriguez
LW: Kieran Yerster
LS: Yerrin Easter

Style modifier: +1.5

KPB: 1.33

Manager: Dr Bart Vale (the man who genetically enginereed the badgers to be as intelligent as they are)

Choose my goalscorers: YES
Godmod scoring events: NO
Roleplay injuries to my players: NO
Godmod injuries to my players: NO
Hand out yellow cards to my players: YES, but only per game. Maximum one per player. 10 in the whole qualifying campaign (and 3 or 4 in the actual thing, if we somehow reach it).
Hand out red cards to my players: NO
Godmod other events: NO

Kits (Designed by Northern Sunrise Islands);
ImageImageImageImage
Last edited by Yelvoldia on Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Atlantian Oceania is THE PLACE
Puppet of Slembana

Free South Califas
Senator

Founded: May 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

C/P of WC61 roster for now; style and stats will change

Postby Free South Califas » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:48 pm

Choose my goalscorers Y
Godmod scoring events Y (within reason)
RP injuries to my players N
Hand out yellow cards to my players Y (sparingly, they are generally disciplined)
Hand out red cards to my players Y (sparingly, they are generally disciplined)
Godmod other events - only related to earthquakes, droughts, wildfires, mudslides and other realistic weather events typical of Southern California or your country. In winter, flooding can strand vehicles in the heavily-populated area around Mission Valley Stadium in San Diego, which is actually an emergency shelter in wildfire season. In the course of extreme-weather RP, you may injure one of my players if realism dictates it must happen. Do not kill anyone named in this post.

Presenting the South Califas Harvest Mice
and their incredible 11 kits!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage GKImage
World Cup 60 kits provided by the June 11th Solidarity Committee, FSC Aspies for Freedom, and the Worker Solidarity Movement of Free South Califas
Additional kits for World Cup 61 provided by 13FA/ISAC571 International Sporting Uniform Provision Act and the duly compensated labor thereof

The Harvest Mice weren't expected to do much when they debuted for World Cup 60 qualifying after missing the registration date for the Baptism of Fire that has traditionally honed the mettle of new nations. When the plucky Califans finished 4-3-7, just a point out of fourth place, they were shocked to do better than 7th. A 2-2 upset draw against Unibot followed by an even bigger 0-0 upset draw against Bostopia were perhaps the highlights of the Group 12 action for FSC, but they also pasted fellow unranked competitors Corderock and finished even on series with Cult of Ashley Greene and Monastery-on-the-Rock before taking another 2 points away from Unibot with a 0-0 draw.

Despite the unexpected successes along the way, South Califas pundits have warned that a group softened by Bostopia's body blows week in and week out inflated the Mice's results. While there is much difference of opinion about the way forward, the players came to agree that it would be wise to hire a manager with experience in international competition rather than relying on the player-manager system. After a characteristically long and confusing election, the players decided to bring on [nation=Osarius]Osarian[/nation] club manager Oswaldo Garabona, formerly of the Violia club (as manager) and Grasshoppers Turic (as captain). Garabona was considered a good fit for the flexible, unorthodox, somewhat unpredictable, anarchic improvisational style of the Harvest Mice. Nicknamed "El Loco", Garabona is known for using bizarre and innovative formations and controversial substitutions, as well as for giving the general air of a used car salesman.

Given the strength and resilience shown by the ragtag band of footballers from World Cup 60, Garabona has decided to bring back the entire roster and start with a wing-heavy defensive formation, from which the quick-thinking Califans--honed by the total-football-like demands of El Metodo--can rapidly shift into a counterattacking form to catch opponents off guard.

NEW Style: -2.3
Starters (6-3-1)
34 GK Christine Gonzalez, Thousand Oaks
WCQ60: 7 caps, 3 GA

02 LWB Nadezhda Prokhorova, Long Beach
WCQ60: 14 caps, 1 goal

03 LB Falerina Jomphe, Bakersfield
WCQ60: 14 caps, 3 assists

68 CB Frida Rubaiyat, Huntington Beach
WCQ60: 7 caps, 1 assist

04 SW Onofre Reynoso Lovato, Santa Maria

65 RB Isabella Ferreira Cardoso, Chula Vista
WCQ60: 1 cap

05 RWB Ernsta Heimdal, Fontana
WCQ60: 14 caps, 1 goal, 2 assists

06 LM Godvin Nes, San Diego

23 DM Hamrah Anzalichi, Channel Islands
WCQ60: 6 caps, 1 assist

07 RM Haidou Zhongyuan, Thousand Oaks
WCQ60: 14 caps, 1 goal, 1 assist

10 CF Bela Ceh, Long Beach
WCQ60: 14 caps, 4 goals

Substitutes

01 GK Gerlinda Strelc, Huntington Beach
WCQ60: 6 caps, 14 GA

35 GK Zlato Cokan, Chula Vista
WCQ60: DNP

13 CB Artis Pariseau, Bakersfield

14 FB Conchúr Vittorio, Santa Barbara

15 WB Satel Norman, Pomona

45 LM Rufus Goldman, Long Beach
WCQ60: 5 caps, 1 assist

76 RM Obioma Chukwufumnanya, Rancho Cucamonga
WCQ60: 4 caps, 1 assist

12 RM Ralf Huber, Bakersfield
WCQ60: 4 caps

00 DM Seth Stackhouse, Santa Maria
WCQ60: 1 cap

08 LS Marten Robertsen, San Luis Obispo
WCQ60: 14 caps, 2 goals, 1 assist

17 WF Cao Dong, San Diego
WCQ60: 5 caps, 1 goal, 1 assist

09 CF Flavio Filippa, Bakersfield

11 RS Chidiebele Guttman, Dwile Central (Apox)

---------------Ceh-----------------
-----------------------------------
---Nes-------------------Zhongyuan-
-------------Anzalichi-------------
-----------------------------------
Prokhorova------------------Heimdal
---Jomphe------Rubaiyat----Ferreira
---------------Reynoso-------------
-------------[Gonzalez]------------

Set pieces: Haidou Zhongyuan, Thousand Oaks RM
Penalty kicks: Bela Ceh, Long Beach CF
Shootout: Ceh, Zhongyuan, Prokhorova, Nes, Heimdal
Left corners: Nadezhda Prokhorova, Long Beach LWB
Right corners: Haidou Zhongyuan, Thousand Oaks RM

Home stadia in order (repeating):
Rose Bowl; Pasadena, Los Angeles (93,000)
Gaslamp Quarter Stadium; San Diego, SD
San Bernardino County Sports Complex; Fontana, San Bernardino
Carson Soccer Center; Carson, Los Angeles
Mission Valley Stadium; San Diego, SD
Municipal Stadium; Riverside, RS
Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum; Los Angeles, LA
Torero Stadium; San Diego, SD
Bakersfield Memorial Stadium; Bakersfield, Kern (20,000)
Last edited by Free South Califas on Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
FSC Government
Senate: Saul Califas; First Deputy Leader of the Opposition
Senior Whip, Communist Party (Meiderup)

WA: Califan WA Detachment (CWAD).
Justice
On Autism/"R-word"
(Lir. apologized, so ignore that part.)
Anarchy Works/Open Borders
Flag
I'm autistic and (proud, but) thus not a "social detective", so be warned: I might misread or accidentally offend you.
'Obvious' implications, tones, cues etc. may also be missed.
SELF MANAGEMENT ✯ DIRECT ACTION ✯ WORKER SOLIDARITY
Libertarian Communist

COMINTERN/Stonewall/TRC

New West Guiana
Minister

Founded: Sep 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby New West Guiana » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:12 pm

Head Coach
Felipe Hernandez, was hired by the WG Soccer Board of Directors on July 1, 2012 as the new head coach for the WG Soccer team. Over all his experience in the coaching field is a wide variety. He was formally part of the Gemsbrook United soccer club of the United Soccer League from 2001 until he was traded to the Port Salem AFC. He retired from the USL having been part of three league championship teams. Two from Gemsbrook United (2003 & 2004), and the only league title Port Salem has won in 2008, that year he retired.
After coming off a very good performance in Vilta four years ago at the 36th edition of the AOCAF with West Guiana's first trip to the round of sixteen, then a mediocre preformance at the qualifying stage of the world cup with an ending record of 5-6-5, finishing fourth in the group.

Roster

Goalies
3 Thomas Lichtens
4 William Andrews
2 Allen Midfiled *
Midfielders
8 Juan Sanchez
5 Florence Diyelo
6 Jeuo Lopez

9 Ali Ytei
1 Yano Xzayit
Defenders
12 Namo Yotomoto
14 Danell Hamliton
15 Quin Luther
17 Dean Hummel

18 Adam Schage
Forwards
20 Don Hummel
23 Brandon Proto
24 Jamie Usor'

26 Han Honi
27 Xetho Yi'toni

Formation
4-3-3

Uniform

Choose my goalscorers Y
Godmod scoring events Y
RP injuries to my players Y (with in reason)
Godmod injuries to my players - Y (within reason)
Hand out red cards to my players Y (with in reason)
Godmod other events N

Style: +1.5
Domestic sports leagues

NS is just a state of mind, time has no boundary nor does our sanity.

Please ignore my senseless ramblings, I'm getting old.

Bordurian
Minister

Founded: Mar 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Bordurian » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:59 pm

Bordurian roster

Starting 11
- GK Stanisław Szymborski
- DF Walter Brom
- FW Ewald Cebula
- MF Ewald Dytko
- MF Jan Penderecki
- DF Edmund Giemsa
- MF Wilhelm Góra
- DF Tadeusz Mrożek
- DF Józef Korbas
- MF Kazimierz Lis
- FW Ryszard Piec
Subs
- GK Edward Madejski
- MF Erwin Nyc
- FW Czesłow Majda
- FW Ryszard Piec
- MF Wilhelm Piec
- FW Fryderyk Piec
- DF Władysław Zabaráwski
- DF Edmund Twórz
- MF Jan Wasiewicz
- FW Ernst Wilimowsi
- FW Gerard Wodarz

Coach: Jozef Kraszewski

Bio: Jozef Kraszewski was hired after the last World Cup due to the firing of the old coach after the terrible Bordurian
performance. He had recently retired as coach of FC Dowek. He hopes that Bordurian will become more than a speck of dust during his time as coach.

Style modifier +2
RP permissions:
If my opponent roleplays first, they may do the following...
Choose my goal scorers: Y
Godmod my scoring events: Y
RP injuries to my players: N
Godmod injuries to my players: N
Hand out yellows to my players: Y
Hand out red cards to my players: N
RP the weather: N
Other events: N
Last edited by Bordurian on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Signed: Stefan III of Bordurian Grand Duke of Małapolska Duke of Bratislava Lord of Bohemia Baron of Zakopane, order of the Bear and of the Holy cross, His Holy Catholic Majesty Stefan III
Left -2.69
Authoritarian 3.45
[/floatleft]
Winners of the Free South Califas Roller Hockey Tournament
Participant in the 61st cup of Harmony,the 48th Baptisim of
Fire, the 19th Rugby Union world cup and World Cup 62
History, Geography, Reading, European
holidays, running, soccer, golf and Badminton

Andossa Se Mitrin Vega
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Andossa Se Mitrin Vega » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:05 pm

ASMV World Cup 62 Roster and Information

You can do anything you like short of killing off players

Squad Name: Sea Dragons

Home Pitch: Stadii se Draggonnii Arcea

Colors: Deep Sky Blue & Yellow[b]

Style: [b]Tidal Surge 3-2-2-1-2
(-2 defensive)

About the Tidal Surge
The Tidal Surge formation is a hybrid style that makes use of athleticism in key “flex” positions that allow the formation to ebb and flow between styles to take advantage of personnel match-ups and break opportunities. At any point in the match the Tidal Surge can more remind viewers and opponents of a 5-3-3 (most often) or a 3 4-3 (least often) but can usually be found flexing in between those extremes.
Three key positions make this formation work. The offensive midfielder with which everyone is familiar and the two hybrid positions called “UP” backs. These two positions are a direct cross between center midfielders and outside backs. These two positions use athletic ability to move up and down the pitch changing the formation to fit the needs of current needs. Thus at any one moment the formation can resemble anything from a 3-4-3 to a 3-5-2 to a 5-3-2 creating, quite nearly, the perfect positions for almost any situation.

Other style notes:
“Smashmouth Footy”. That is how the Sea Dragons play when at their best. They prefer the motto “Hit First, Ask Forgiveness Later” and yet they have become adept enough as to remain just on the safe side of the cards so many other squads get. When you play the Sea Dragons two truths are evident - 1: You had better be ready to play tough and 2: you had better be ready for rough play.

Coaching Staff

Manager: Kymykera Wu’eres Age:53
Twice in the past three World Cup adventures, Kymy has guided the Sea Dragons to two third place finishes and by far their best ever KPB ranking at #2. Two previous legends at the manager position, Mace Kinoz’gh and Pao St Martinique, had only dreamed of such greatness. The challenge for Kymy now becomes proving to the world that her squad deserves the ranking and possibly finally breaking through with a World Cup Championship.

Offensive Asst: Seyai At’roluii Age:31
Gone are the legendary goal scorers of late as Jonasei, Rainu, and Jahirri have all ridden off into their own sunsets. But one gets the impression that this starting pair of Sea Dragon forwards in the form of Jaqinze and Banjuru are ready to mae a real name for themselves and could even rival the scoring of historic icons Pablo Iglesias and Porche Alexander. Seyai will work hard to make sure that no opportunity is missed.

Midfield Asst: Nonari Em'ran'oz Age:49
Nonari was the coaching staff find that the Sea Dragons had been searching for. Finally the center of the pitch was not a liability in WC 58 and has been brilliant since. Now it is key that the improvements continue as the Sea Dragons attempt to copy their third place showing.

Defenders Asst: Laia Un’jeru’betcii Age:41
Like Kymy before her, Laia has made the jump from world class player to successful coach. Her fire and tenacity off the pitch will hopefully translate to a continued on the pitch success for her defense. Also listed as a resrve, Laia could find herself playing before this run is over if injuries occur or new talent does not develop quickly.

Goalkeeper Asst Koyinii Os'ina Age:47
Few position coaches are as lucky as Koyinii as Sanlioch as emerged as an All-World keeper and Ban’engo could start for more than three-quarters of the nations present if they were that lucky. Fortunately they are not.

Forwards

RS 12 Jaqinze Irin’arbor 23 5’7 144
Utica United (Osarius)
Jaqinze has turned into the goal scoring threat everyone knew she would be. Now entering the prime of her career and with Banjuru to keep the defenses honest, she loos to join the elite in the world as a goal scorer.

LS 52 Banjuru Shr‘tuu M 25 5’11 171
Shalerix FK
The second leading scorer of the VAFK last five seasons, Banjuru proved his worth in World Cup 61 as defenses concentrated on Jaqinze. Now hw must prove he can continue to score as he receives plenty of attention on his own.

LS 17 Aimee Irin‘Lur F 16 5’3 115
Arceathue (High School) Radience
If the name Irin’Lur seems familiar, it should. Aimee is the daughter of former Sea Dragon misfit and all-around “bad girl” Rainu Irin’Lur. And yes, many see Aimee as the demon-child second coming of her mother. But one thing is for certain, she knows how to put the ball into the back of the net.

[b}Midfielders[/b]

OM 10 Jorgais Obu‘obua M 20 6’3 195
Carrington University
Jorgais has quickly earned a name for himself in the collegiate ranks as a sure-footed scorer and even more so for his ability to make quick passes through tiny windows. Unlike his predecessor, he likes to stay forward and rarely drops into deep coverage.

RM 11 .Bareqii Ulu’namo F 22 5’8 130
Carrington FK
Bareqii is a magician when on ball. Cat-quick and with speed to spare she adds some excitement to the middle of the pitch. The world had better take notice as she ahs become the most dominant midfielder the Sea Dragons have to offer.

LM 29 Akaok Kapekeoa M 37 6’5 210
Et’ai Zirakul
A native Zirakulii, Akao has become a true Vegai hero on the pitch and a terror to opposing teams as well. Huge and bronze skinned he makes quite an impression in this traditional grass skirt and body paint. That he has lost a step is not a question, but he remains one of the most feared players in the world. When skills begin to erode, intimidation is a wonderful replacement.

M 39 Turlin Ironbeard M 142 4’5 155
Stonengarten Sarud
Turlin excels at using his small stature to lose himself among the bigger players and come out cleanly with the ball. Jorgais and the strikers should benefit from his ability to play the ball forward with pinpoint precision.

Up-Backs

RUB 13 Osurun Ayami M 25 6’5 175
Darmen City FC (Darmen)
A native of the newly acquired territories of Mara-kai, Osurun is a perfect blend of size and speed for the up-back position. Deceptively fast, he looks awkward at times but has a knack for being in the right place. He will be pushed hard by reserve Xia Cuolai, another Mara-Kaii player with more experience but without his natural skill.

LUB 14 Nelijibii Sam'roth'oq F 32 6’0 150
FK Kelsey
The best true up-back the Sea Dragons have fielded since Kymykera, Nelijibii has the potential to become the best player on the pitch. she dictates the pace of not only the opposition’s attack but her own side’s pace while in transition.

UB 69 Xia Cuolai F 28 5’6 135
Loire-Mourenx
Xia is a solid, if unspectacular, player who knows her limits and excels by staying within them. She feels slighted that Osurun was chosen to join the starting eleven rather than her and will make the best of any chance she gets to prove the staff wrong.

Backs

RB 50 Ombar Stonewall M 165 4’10 140
Stonengarten UH
A hard hitting, hard rocking, Dwarf who loves to show bigger players just how tough they are not, Ombar excels at punishing those who challenge him directly (within the rules of the game, of course). Has taken a cue from Akaok and now wears traditional Dwarven War Facepaint for every match.

CB 27 Karinzui Sa’astre F 21 5’9 165
Utica United (Osarius)
She plays with a reckless abandon that leaves opposing attackers running for their lives. If she can learn when to hit, a place where Laia excelled, she will be a star in no time at all.

LB 54 Ozyxomidruin Lamas’Porii M 32 5’10 156
Charleston Athletic (Osarius)
Another thug on the back line, Ozyx tends to be the stabilizer for the back three - a role he has had to grow into. Now comfortable with calling the assignments of the defense he can focus more on the punishment he loves to dish out.

B 97 Sammala Usikoec M 23 6’4 230
Another grass-skirt clad Zirakulii who looks to make a name for himself, Samm is a very physical back.

Keepers

K 99 Sanlioch Bez’Al M 32 6’3 242
Errion Vega FK
Can anyone say “World’s Best Keeper”? we can and we do. Enough said.

K 84 Eathohatu Ban'engo M 30 6’5 205
Vegai 4th Quad
World class in his own right, most sides wish there starter were this solid.
Champions: AORBC II (Women's Champs); AOHC IV; Cup of Harmony 44, 49, & 54; Baptism of Iron VBrevity Challenge Cup 3
2nd Place: WC64
3rd Place: WC59; WC61WC65
WC Quarterfinals- 53,58,60
Qualified for WC Proper - 27,28,29,30,53,54,56,58,59,60,61,63,64,65
Host: Draggonnii Inviyatii; BoF 17 ; World Bowl XII; BoF43 (with K&P);World Cup 58 (with QPeMA)World Cup 61 (with Valanora)

AO is, as they say, THE PLACE.
Those of you whom we consider friends and respect here on NS are welcome to join us on FB. Simply TG me and We will set it in motion.

Jedi8246
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Jedi8246 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:17 pm

The Wyverns

The Staff

Coaching Staff
Head Coach
Donald Hemlock- Donald Hemlock has been head coach of the Wyverns for the past 6 years. When he was first selected, Coach Hemlock had led the Newport Thunder to three straight National Championships in his time as coach. The man retired two years following that amazing streak, but when asked to coach the international team, gratefully accepted. He has since led the Wyverns on a variety of different runs. The Wyverns steadily improved to an international level, culminating by qualifying in the World Cup 60. Though they lost their first game of playoffs, the team was definitely energetic and ready to return to the scene. Unfortunately, a small recession meant the team received no funding and was unable to operate last year. Luckily, the recession came to a quick end and funding has returned. Coach Hemlock has taken the team to a new and higher training regime. He is ready to return to the World Cup and make the world respect the Wyverns again.

Assistant Coach
Tarry Hemer- Tarry Hemer has coached the Wyverns alongside Hemlock for the past five years. Head Coach of the Kellington Shamrocks, he led them to a national championship only five years ago. Hemer had helped Hemlock bring the Wyverns unit into a elite and fast working killing machine. Hemer's style of coaching provides an interesting contrast to Hemlock's own, though it only benefits the team. Hemer is optimistic about the Wyverns, despite the year break in between World Cups.

Management
Manager
George Thomas-George Thomas has been manager of the Wyverns for the past six years. He was picked by Jedi8246's International Sports Committee to help bring the team together. Since his selection, Thomas has helped build the Wyverns from bottom up. His selection of Donald Hemlock was much acclaimed. Prior to managing the Wyverns, Thomas was manager of the Harper Jackals. Thomas is well known for his trust in people he selects, rarely switching coaches until they retire, regardless of whether they win or lose. This strategy has been a key part of the Wyverns, whose staff and players has remained largely unchanged since the creation of the team six years ago.

Asst. Manager
Robert Godfrey- Robert Godfrey is the new assistant manager of the Wyverns. Until this year, Mikael Gibbons had held the position. Unfortunately Mr Gibbons was brutally murdered in the Red Rat killings last year. May he rest in peace. Mr Godfrey was chosen due to his sharp management of the Charleston Rangers, who took them from a bottom feeder to a playoff worthy team in a short period of five years. Godfrey will help bring a dynamic of sharply choosing players that will help benefit the overall style of the Wyverns.

The Players

Keepers
Dan Triboult (Starter)- Dan Triboult has been the starting keeper for the Wyverns for the past six years. Triboult is the three time Pro-Bowl Keeper of the Kellington Shamrocks. Acclaimed for what seems like a sixth sense, Triboult's awareness of what occurs on the field is above average. He always has an eye on the action and is always ready to defend a ball that flies his way. While he is not the fastest player, he will always know how he missed a ball and be ready to make on the spot improvements.

Leontes Guilga (Back-Up)-Leontes Guilga had been playing third string keeper for the past six years. However with Jack Oft's retirement from soccer, Guilga will now rise to fill the back-up postion. Leontes is characterized for his brutal style of play. He is not afraid to slam into scorers to stop attacks on the goal, even if he risks penalties. He is the primary keeper for the Dadisman Spartans, where he has helped define the team's playing style of rough play.

Backs
JhorDan Sykes (Left Fullback)-JhorDan Sykes has been a member of the Wyverns for the past six years as well. He had just finished his amazing rookie season with Dadisman Spartans when he joined the team. Since then, he joined the Spartans in winning a national championship only two years later and has become a well developed player. Like Guilga, he is know for a rough style of play.

Gary Dean (Left Center Back)- Gary Dean has also been a member of the Wyverns since the team's inception six years previously. Gary Dean plays on the domestic team Newport Thunder. Dean took part in the three time in a row championship team, an elite member at his position. Though he is now the oldest member of the team at 36, he still maintains his skill and finesse, if his speed and physicality isn't what it was. His experience helps rally his fellow backs in tough spots.

Acacius Fell (Right Center Back)-Acacius is a new member of the Wyverns this year. A fellow member of the backs unit of the Dadisman Spartans, he shares the same philosophy of his teammates. He combines this brutality with a quick pair of legs. Easily one of the fastest men in the nation, he is well known for quickly rushing an opponent, stealing the ball and passing it off to the midfielders.

Quintus Marks (Right Fullback)- Quintus is another six year member of the Wyverns. He is a member of the Dadisman Spartans, meaning of course he is a rough player. What separates Quintus from his fellow Spartans is his nimbleness. His skill at maneuvering has helped him direct his strength in unique ways. He is easily the most hard to guess player on the pitch.

Midfielders
Fiona Dowell (Left Midfield)-Fiona Dowell is the newest member of the team and also the first female member. The Wyverns have decided that both male and female players should be given a shot at playing on the international team. Fiona Dowell is a member of the Washington Royals and the MVP of the female league. Fiona Dowell started playing in the league as a back, before quickly developing into a faster and more lean type of player. Moving to the midfield position, she shined and helped carry the Royals to the national championship, though they failed to win.

Kris Hutchenson (Center Midfield)- A six year man out of the Gotham Knights, Kris is an interesting player. Originally he was an artist, but decided to head into tryouts on a whim. Hutchenson discovered his skill and was made a starter only a year later. He has now been in the game for nine years, having helped carry out the Wyverns style of fast play.

Sam Leon (Right Midfield)- Sam Leon has been with the Wyverns for six years as well. Sam was personally picked by Terry Hemer, who saw the man play in a recreation league. Leon was the only member of the Wyverns to have not played on a professional level, yet that failed to make his ability any lesser. Sam quickly adopted to the Wyverns style of play, considered a secret weapon in that many teams underestimate his value.

Forwards
Manny Hem (Right Forward)- Manny Hem is the oldest member of the Hem brothers. The Hem Brothers all come from the Kellington Shamrocks, whose sharp and swift attack helped carry the Shamrocks to the championship six years ago. As a unit, they are the sharpest set of forwards the game has seen in a long time. The brothers had been playing together since childhood. The Shamrocks wheeled and dealed to get all three of the brothers on their team. Their familiarity with one another make them one of the most in tune units in the game. They pass to one another with frightening accuracy. Manny is the tallest and has the most reach. He carries the right side of the field and is often the one who scores in the Hem combination.

Nicolas Hem (Center Forward)-Nicolas is the middle brother and the smallest. What he doesn't have in size, he makes up for in speed. He is a extremely fast player, who helps carry the ball between Charles and Manny. His speed also helps him take the ball around backs who would normally pose a threat to his other two brothers.

Charles Hem (Left Forward)-Charles is the youngest of the Hem brothers and the most brutal. If he didn't play on the Shamrocks, many say he would fit in quite well with the Spartans. Charles likes to play rough and hard. He is not afraid to charge any player, regardless of body type. It helps that he is one of the strongest players on the games. He has injured more players than anyone else in the domestic leagues.

Brian Kilkenny (Back-Up)-Brian Kilkenny has played back-up for the past six years. What makes him remarkable is that he seems to be a fusion of the Hem brothers into one being. While he doesn't excel particularly at any of the Hem's skills, he can fill in for any of the Hem's, should they get injured. Brian plays for the Tile Gators in the domestic leagues. The Gators are considered the worst team in the league, though have managed to hold onto Brian who is easily the most skilled player on the team. He has sticked by the team since he signed with them in his rookie year, despite other teams offering him more lucrative contracts. He continues to believe that the Gators can become a championship level team.

Bench
All-Purpose-Holden Caufield
All-Purpose-Austin Taylor
All-Purpose-Donol Adamson

Formation:4-3-3 Flat
Style Modifier:+1

Choose my goal scorers Y
Godmod scoring events Y
RP injuries to my players Y (Do so conservatively)
Hand out yellow cards to my players Y (3-5 max per game)
Hand out red cards to my players Y (1 per game)
Godmod other events N
Official Member of the Fall of Gods RP Council
Conservative Morality wrote:When you call Bieber feminine, you insult all women.

Agadar wrote:Next thing you know, God turns out to be some weird green space monster with tentacles and a monocle.

Khadgar wrote:Oddly enough, a lot of people who are plotting to harm other people aren't really interested in legal niceties.
Rank #87 in World Cup
Factbook
Jedi8246 is a far-right social libertarian. He is also a non-interventionist and somewhat culturally conservative. Jedi8246's scores (from 0 to 10):
Economic issues: +9.53 right
Social issues: -7.91 libertarian
Foreign policy: -7.32 non-interventionist
Cultural identification: +0.92 conservative

Wihsirmir Taoul di wer Qumadosfan
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wihsirmir Taoul di wer Qumadosfan » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:07 am

Wihsirmir Taoul di wer Qumadosfan
Common Translation: Floating City of the Ocean
Denonym: Qumadosfanii
Acronym: WTQ
Race: Draconian

Do anything you like short of killing my players without permission.

Formation: 3-4-3 (+3)

Squad Colors: Green and Orange
Home Pitch: Tolgalen Tirnlg

Manager: Rayath K'ang

Starters
RF Ysuluth L'skel
CF Quiathoth D'kal
LF Joth X'ald
RM Ustuhth R'koh
CM Nyrothubth M'ia
LM Itith S'sul
DM Darkinath S'hin
RB Opath H'kyv
CB Adyth S'gaz
LB Wartaierth Y'shy
K Hateth X'ald

Reserves
F Angerauth C'lax
M Yrath L'que
D Eldcereth K'dyc
K Burenuth M'zyd

Falcania
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 25, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Falcania » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:34 am

"On the bus! On the bus! Hut hut hut!" Joha stood at the doorway, shouting at the squad. "We're heading straight to Carpathia and Ruthenia for training!"

"Sir, we don't know if we've qualified yet."

"Nonsense, kid. We did unprecedentedly well in the BoF."

"It's not set in concrete, sir."

"Shut it."

"We also don't know if we have any matches in C&R,"

"I know, but they're nearer, and we need to get the hell out of this country. Before the police come. Have you got the clipboard?"

Scteven sighed and handed his boss the roster.

The Falcanian national team will typically deploy a 1-3-5-2 formation. Starting XI highlighted in Falcon Orange. C = International Caps, G = International Goals, all of which will have been earned at various AOCAF tournaments.

The roster chosen looks like this:

Manager: Joha Kruppie
Asst. Manager/Physiotherapist/Team Doctor/Boy Who Makes the Tea: Scteven Morl
Joha Kruppie has led Falcania through three AOCAF tournaments, none of which have resulted in a performance through the group stages - he also coached the Falcons to a quarter-final appearance in the Baptism of Fire, and made several million Talons betting on his own team. Some have questioned his competency, others his alleged financial ties to major organised crime figures in the New Shirley underworld. Nevertheless, it seems he's here to stay.

Sentinels
1 Rarnin Harst (Integral FC) 18C
18 Hebie Treolot (Bachman & Associates) 1C
13 Sams Nertrin (Airsweep FE) 1C
Rarnin Harst is the team captain, a solid, reliable Sentinel who is also the Integral FC team captain. The cornerstone of the team, Falcania have never won a game without him.

Guardians
83 Morthal Terinax (Icarus) 18C
44 Yrion Kork (UMANST) 16C

98 Jemm Storpor (Tonkatsu) 6C
3 Graehm Fortt (Integral) 1C
35 Woltar Crafter (Associated Digital) 3C
By the Sky, it's working! Tor Heyaldor and Jhon Mathis have been dropped from the squad to free up valuable slots for additional Protean talent, and Luys Boford continues to fight his shoplifting charges. Falcania will typically field three Guardians in any given match, as this strategy seems to be paying off.

Proteans
54 Qail Pronotiro (Glowsnap) 18C 9G
17 Dogo Rastin (Ballacorp) 1C
39 Cristof Foil (Associated Digital) 12C
9 Danniol Parkar (Integral FC) 13C 4G
38 Nicci Alleun (Associated Digital) 13C 3G

37 Thim Rais (Associated Digital) 7C
63 Todt Brost (Everleaf) 5C
77 Jesp Morsax (Airsweep FE) 5C
Kruppie brought a wealth of Proteans to the Baptism of Fire: a strong and fluid Protean contingent in the middle of the field to react to the game as it happens. Qail Pronotiro is the up-and-coming star in the team, and is one of the top goal-scorers behind the dedicated offensive spearheads.

Spearheads
33 Colan Battes (Associated Digital) 18C 14G
6 Thax Akirax (Integral FC) 18C 15G

21 Cherald Marthiew (Matsundai) 2C 1G
12 Serent Porilon (Goldmund-Teller) 1C
The only part of the squad that has not really changed much - Colan Battes and Thax Akirax are still the ones to watch here, their off-pitch rivalry and occasional on-pitch fights now the stuff of Falcanian sports TV legend. But they do keep scoring the goals, and they do keep being tolerated because of this. The crown princess Jerinna was recently spotted controversially wearing a "Colan Battes can Get Plucked" shirt from AOCAF 35.

The Kits, as designed by Barrengeka Inc. and modelled here by that corporation's native Astograthians, are attractive and eye-catching.

RP Restrictions: You have fun with it.
DO: RP goalscorers, events, discipline, injuries, Godmod setting fire to the players' tour bus, etc.
DON'T: Kill anyone on the field (or in the crowd, I suppose) without asking me first, and I'd appreciate it if you notified me in advance about match-bans and injuries that may take my players off the field for future games, just so I don't embarrass myself.

Before I Forget: Style Modifier +4

What's this I hear about bird people?: The average Falcanian is covered in downy feathers, and most have wings, though only about 45% of the population can fly unaided - typically the mark of a committed athlete. About 70% of the population have retractable, keratinous claws that extend from their fingers - several Falcanian martial arts utilise these, the most notable of these being Maradwan Carak.

Temperament: Falcanians are a violent, somewhat warlike, people. In addition, Falcanians do not really understand football, in the way that they inherently understand ritual combat. As such, Association Football in Falcania is a very bloody sport. Corporate loyalty when mixed together may result in actual intra-team fighting, especially between rivals Integral and Associated Digital, who compete bitterly in the High League, and in AO Champion's League. A so-called "friendly" between the two teams after the Champion Sword tournament resulted in the hospitalisation of AD assistant manager at the time Joha Kruppie, who is now the national team's manager. Falcanian athletes are strong, fast, agile, and quick-thinking, but as I said before, they do not really understand football.
II & Sports: The Free Kingdom of Falcania, Jayla, New Nestia, and Realms Otherwise Beneath the Skies

World Assembly: Ser Jeine Wilhelmsen on behalf of Queen Falcon IV, representing the Free Kingdom and the ancient and great region of Atlantian Oceania

Dorian and Sonya
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 23, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Dorian and Sonya » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:28 am

My opponent can do anything within reason. That means within legitimate reason for a football match.

Nation Name: The Sylvanaes Queendom of Dorian and Sonya
Nationals are known as Sylvanae. Not Dorians and Not D&Sians.
Race: Elf
Team Name: Mystical Unicorns
Colors: Pink, Purple, and Lime
Style: 3-4-3 (+3 Offensive)
Stadium: White Hall Stadium
Ages: Elves have much longer life spans than humans, so get used to seeing these names.

Starting 11
Pos no name ht wt age

RF 11 J’hys Ickaeth 5’2 100lbs 152
CF 13 Alura Sabre 4’8 79lbs 99
LF 65 Narniel Amandguord 5’1 113 lbs 116
RM 21 Wend Rayghaest 4’5 90lbs 144
RCM 25 Sison Nyifith 4’6 85lbs 121
LCM 23 Laidiriel Roloeme 4’8 110lbs 126
LM 01 Silwen Isilidilinmae 5’0 102lbs 105
RB 34 Nithiraxa Calethdren 4’6 91lbs 131
CB 33 Deshy Ielath 4’7 108lbs 128
LB 66 Jacina Elminster 5’2 107 lbs 114
K 41 Jania Lassvanil 5’0 98lbs 132

Reserves

F 14 Anilla Weresil 4’10 103lbs 129
F 02 Janwen Undomiel 5’1 96lbs 104
F 08 Mineryniel Felésthir 4’10 85lbs 101
M 06 Merdëmiel Aldatauré 4’9 78lbs 103
M 07 Amarana Aldatauré 4’9 78lbs 103
B 03 Lora Vandel 5’1 111lbs 98
B 35 Rhalimiel Raidael 4’7 92lbs 137
B 04 Lona Vandel 5’1 109lbs 98
K 42 S’ser Ayleeth 4’8 90lbs 126

Coaching Staff

Manager: Maelwen Maridilyon 4’10 94lbs 187
Off Asst: Earwasseu Nubaron 4’6 83lbs 179
Def Asst: Taluriel Arturamil 5’0 94lbs 183
World Cup 53 Champions

AO - Not Just A Place - It's THE PLACE

Cuboneland
Secretary

Founded: Aug 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cuboneland » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:31 am

The Cubonland Raging Cubones

Note: While the Cubone is Cuboneland's mascot and national animal, our citizens consist of humans, not Cubones.

Coach: Susanne Ace

Goalkeeper: DJ Holloway
Defender: Benjamin Sora
Defender: Niles Ennui
Defender: Jzargo Contristati
Defender: Frederick Bender
Forward: Xavier King
Forward: Icarus Tokugawa
Forward: Alex Jolt (Captain)
Forward: Elias Flash
Center: Krunk Caudex
Center: Chris Savior

Backups

Goalkeeper: Tim Asha
Defender: Drym Shyuan
Defender: Austin Blaze
Center: William Rook
Forward: John Deckard

The Cuboneland team is coming from a tough loss in the qualifying rounds for The 49th Baptism of Fire's Round of 16. While the team itself is stronger than ever, they are missing their previous captain, Jordan Hannibal, and the coach is still recovering from being poisoned by an angry player who didn't make the team. They have replaced Hannibal with their backup and found a new second-string center, William Rook. Cuboneland's philosophy is the best offense is a good defense, but a good offence helps too, meaning that while they are defense-oriented, they do not completely neglect their offensive department, especially with their star goal scorer, Alex Jolt.

Style Modifier: -1

Choose my goalscorers Y
Godmod scoring events Y
RP injuries to my players N
Godmod other events Y

Kiryu-shi
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 07, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Kiryu-shi » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:08 am

A roster detailing the members of the
Kiryu-shi National Football Team,
The Kiri (桐),
for competition in the
62nd edition of the World Cup
submitted for the benefit of potential rivals and interested parties.

Kiryu-shi's coaching staff will consist of a committee of representatives from a number of different Kiryu-shi groups. They will come to decisions in a consensus-based manner, and all will have completely equal authority and representation. Following several unsuccessful off-season tournaments, Kiryu-shi governance determined that this method would maximize coaching creativity and inspiration, and thus the ability of the Kiri to succeed.

GK
Maggie Giles (#1) --- Age: 29
Giles has been the backup keeper for Kiryu-shi for years, first blocked by long-time starter Kohei Yasumu but then also by Carlo Montgomery in the most recent AOCAF tournament. After Montgomery retired from international football after playing keeper for all 90 minutes of the nine-nil route against Audioslavia in Geisenfried, Giles has inherited the position by default, as the coaching staff determined that young hotshot Megumi Harris was too inexperienced to play keeper on this squad. Giles is a solid keeper herself, with few obvious weaknesses. She doesn’t have any relationship with any dominating characteristic either, however, as she tends to allow her fair share of goals. While she won’t be making any big mental mistakes, it will be interesting to see if she is physically able to keep up with the speed of the international game.

DF
Lilly Yume (#14) --- Age: 21
One of the stars of the Kiryu-shi system, Lilly Yume has started on two consecutive top-three Di Bradini squads as well as the World Cup 61 squad that made it to the knockout rounds four years ago. She combines a rare mix of top level speed and impressive maturity for such a young player, even though she is still prone towards making tactical and technical errors. While she was able to dominate matches from the back line during the 24th Di Bradini Cup, the most valuable player in leading the squad to a championship, it remains to be seen if she can shine at all facets of the game at the next level, rather than just being another cog in the defensive machine.

Rebecca Hamilton (#4) --- Age: 31 --- Sakaino University
Rebecca Hamilton is possibly the most technically skilled player in the nation, showing an incredible ability to control any ball at first touch. She is able, generally, to take a ball away from attackers with seemingly no effort, and when she can be coaxed into helping with counter-attacks, she is often able to move past multiple opposing defenders. Her experience at the back end will likely prove to be extremely valuable. While she used to have a reputation for unfocused play, at times struggling with positioning, she is being called upon to be the leader of the squad for the first time, and will have to grow accustomed to the role.

Charles Meer (#8) --- Age: 31 --- Kasakake University
Charles Meer has been one of the most physically imposing players in Kiryu-shi for a long time, with tremendous height and speed, allowing him to cover vast distances from his left wing back position. As he has become older, he has lost a step or two, but remains effective in shutting down his side of the field, while he is more prudent when choosing when to advance up the pitch. His height is a useful tool for corners on both ends.

MF
Will Feingold (#2) --- Age: 29 --- Umeda University
Will Feingold will be the key to the Kiryu-shi defense, as his position in the defensive midfield is charged with shutting down the opposition’s runs. He has tremendous speed and agility, and is able to monitor from sideline to sideline. He generally contains himself to the defensive half of the field, hesitant to help out with attacks, but when he does, he can be a strong threat with solid ball control skills. With his physical ability and his relentless in tracking the most dangerous player on the opposition attack, the he is at his most effective when he is used defensively .

Connor Boyle (#7) --- Age: 28— Sakaino University
Connor Boyle has been a perplexing player throughout his career. His incredible straight-away speed allows him to be a dynamic offensive threat, but he still plays with a wildness that isn’t necessarily conducive to consistent success on the pitch, often enthusiastically hitting the ball in the same general area of the goal, but rarely actually scoring. His athleticism in the attacking mid-field, however, adds an unpredictable element to the Kiryu-shi attack. Since his previous World Cup appearance, Boyle has become more and more effective as a defender, and will likely be asked to help on the back lines if Kiryu-shi has a lead.

Tamara Tsurimi[/b] (#13) --- Age: 24 --- Sakaino University
Tsurimi will be making her World Cup Qualification debut this year, after starring in the 23rd Di Bradini and starting for Kiryu-shi’s AOCAF 37 squad. She has demonstrated a strong awareness of other players along with a nice touch on shots from distance, and she has made a name of herself as a set piece specialist with her left foot, and will likely take her fair share of corners and direct free kicks. While she is not a superb athlete, she can hold her own in the midfield with above-average instincts and football smarts.

Ian McGuinness (#17) --- Age: 23 --- Kawauchi University
The captain of Kiryu-shi’s Di Bradini squad two cycles ago, IanMcGuinness is an attacking midfielder who has consistently demonstrated a fine awareness of the field, capable of directing a complex, multifaceted attack, and always ready to give the ball up to a player with a better shot on goal. He has an occasional, one-footed shot that can be successful, but isn’t particularly adept with his footwork and not necessarily faster than anyone else on the pitch. His precise distribution, however, allows him to be incredibly successful in what he does. McGuinness proved himself capable of facilitating playmaking in World Cup 61, and will now be asked to take command of the attacking midfield this time around.

FW
Tziganes d'Arányi (#12) --- Age: 24 --- Sakaino University
The most dazzling player on Kiryu-shi’s national team, Tziganes d'Arányi has participated in virtually every international match for Kiryu-shi since her debut in the 52nd Cup of Harmony. She has made a case for the most talented goal scoring option in the nation, but remains an incredibly divisive figure in Kiryu-shi society. Descended from a group of political dissidents who left Kiryu-shi several generations ago, d'Arányi recently emigrated back to join Kiryu-shi’s official national team. Slight and slim, d’Arányi still can be physically overpowered and can disappear during portions of matches against physical teams, but her ability to score goals from any angle with both her feet, as well as her versatile and creative ball control, makes her a tantalizingly talented scorer.

Samantha DeCastro (#11) --- Age: 30 --- Amanuma University
A former gymnast, a tremendously gifted athlete, and a veteran of Kiryu-shi international football, DeCastro has transformed her career into a dynamic complimentary playmaker for d'Arányi. Since d’Arányi’s presence on the national team has magnified, DeCastro has developed her athleticism to fit her new role, and has made it her mission to make plays happen for her teammates. While she still has some acrobatics left in her, she will be most effective as a supporting member on this team.

Miho Nakamura (#10) --- Age: 23 --- Umeda University
Nakamura, who was a reserve in the previous World Cup Qualification run, is best known for her imposing shot right-footed shot. The velocity she can pack into any ball that leaves her foot has left many domestic keepers completely overwhelmed. While she is significantly more single-dimensional than ideal, Nakamura will look to attempt to prove herself on the international level as someone capable of more than the occasional long range goal.

Formation
Giles

Yume Hamilton Meer

Feingold
Boyle Tsurimi
McGuinness

Nakamura d'Arányi DeCastro

Reserves
Megumi Harris (#21) --- Age: 18 --- Sakaino University --- GK
Tress Mi (#5) --- Age: 23 --- Kasakake University --- DF
Hikari Takenomi (#3) --- Age: 21 --- Maruyama University --- DF
Freddy Rombout (#19) --- Age: 26 --- Amanuma University --- MF
Megan Mitchell (#15) --- Age: 26 --- Umeda University --- MF
Wendy Peterson (#23) --- Age: 22 --- Umeda University --- FW
Melanie Jado (#18) --- Age: 21 --- Kasakake University --- FW

Kiryu-shi Official Kits
Image Image
Primary Secondary

Keeper

Stadium Information
Kiryu-shi home matches will be played in the new Sakaino National Football Stadium, which was debuted at the end of World Cup Qualifications during the previous cycle. The stadium seats 75,000 fans, and represents the latest in Kiryu-shi eco-friendly technology. Although its presence is controversial in a nation still in turmoil over the presence of international football, the facility itself should be top quality for all visiting teams and fans:

Choose my goalscorers Y
Godmod scoring events Y
Godmod injuries to my players Y
Hand out red cards to my players Y
Godmod other events Y

Try and keep my players from permanently disappearing, but otherwise feel free to do pretty much whatever.

Style Modifier -4
Champions: Baptism of Fire 21, Di Bradini Cup 24
Second Place: Cup of Harmony 26
Third Place: Cup of Harmony 27, Di Bradini Cup 23
Qualified: World Cup 37, World Cup 61-66

Cambirano
Attaché

Founded: Aug 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cambirano » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:41 am

Cambirano Soccer Association World Cup 62 Roster

After a disappointing group stage exit from the Baptism of Fire's 49th edition, the Cambirano soccer squad is looking to at least make a mark in the World Cup. While almost no one expects the team to qualify for the finals, some players expressed optimism that the team could surprise a few opponents.

The squad remains unchanged from the Baptism of Fire. As the manager, Corey Baldwin, said, "We have bonded and I'm proud to send these guys out."

Formation: 4-4-2

Style Modifier: +3.5

Goalkeepers:
Stephen Ayers (Ardet FC)- Caps: 0 Goals: 0
This tall, lanky keeper has shown a great situational awareness. Several times during his tenure with Ardet FC, he has managed to knock balls being celebrated by the opponent away by reading attackers' strategies. The backup netminder has shown a lack of skill, however, in penalty kick situations and free kicks.

Luke Campbell (High River FC)- Caps: 0 Goals: 0 Famous throughout Cambirano for his musical escapades, including playing a guitar while skydiving, Campbell will serve as the third-string keeper for Cambirano in the World Cup after serving the same role at the Baptism of Fire. Manager Corey Baldwin once called him a "fine man with some skill in net."

Theo Walden (Cafi FC)- Caps: 5 Goals: 0 After struggling initially in the Baptism of Fire, Walden greatly improved in the final matches of Cambirano's I'll-fated campaign. As the keeper at Cafi FC, he has been a dominating force, with one opposing attacker calling him a "true beast". He is athletic and prone to making acrobatic saves, but some opponents have exploited a lack of decision-making on corners.

Defenders:
Eric Daniels (Ippington City)- Caps: 2 Goals: 0
This short and stocky fullback shows little fear and hesitation when tackling opponents. He accrues yellow cards with surprising quickness, but he denies that he is dirty. "I don't dance ballet," he said to one reporter's query about his ferocious playing style.

Juan Hernandez (Fedira United)- Caps: 0 Goals: 0 Although he did not appear in the Baptism of Fire, teammates, both at the club level and on the international squad, describe him as a skilled defender who also has a nose for attacking and quick passing.

Scott Mandell (Trundenheim FC)- Caps: 5 Goals: 0 As a center back in the Baptism of Fire, Mandell at times looked lost when faced with quick attacks. However, at the club level, he has shown a level of determination not seen in most players. He is willing to slide and knock balls off the goal line or go up for headers with stronger and taller attackers. Cambirano believes he can have a major impact at the World Cup.

Jean Roulande (Cafi FC)- Caps: 5 Goals: 0 Roulande, a French-speaking right back, is considered to be more of a defensive midfielder than a true fullback. Manager Corey Baldwin called him "our catalyst from behind". Several times during the Baptism of Fire, Roulande played long balls down the edge of the field to start Cambirano attacks.

David Samuels (Scherten FC)- Caps: 5 Goals: 1 This strong left back was the only Cambiranan defender to score in the Baptism of Fire. Samuels put a header on target against Falcania to earn this distinction. He had never been known for his head, but instead he was known for a rough and dirty style of defending he termed, "battering ram style."

Leo Verder (Trundenheim FC)- Caps: 1 Goals: 0 A fan favorite because of his obsession with his jet black hair, Verder only appeared in one Baptism of Fire match. The speedy and intelligent fullback will be utilized more often in the World Cup, according to sources close to manager Corey Baldwin.

Peter Yarborough (Cafi FC)- Caps: 5 Goals: 0 A tough, hard-nosed and smart defender, Yarborough has excelled at Cafi FC and in the Baptism of Fire. He often is used as a sweeper, being forced to use his head and foil attacking strategies from the opponent. Manager Corey Baldwin described him as a "secret weapon".

Midfielders:
Jacob Agroune (Ippington City)- Caps: 1 Goals: 0
Agroune, who is used primarily as a center midfielder, is a good passer and sees potential routes for through balls and attacks on goal well. His ball handling skills and shooting, however, are subpar, and these are the two main reasons he is currently on the bench.

Charles Davies [C] (Cafi FC)- Caps: 5 Goals: 3 The Cambiranan captain, Davies is undoubtedly the best attacking player on the squad. He had three goals in the Baptism of Fire, but he was vocal about his disappointment with the team's performance. At a charity event before the World Cup, he made a prediction. "We are going to the World Cup finals."

Clint Easton (Benning United)- Caps: 5 Goals: 1 Easton is rarely in the mix for goals, although he did manage one in the Baptism of Fire. Instead, Easton is a behind-the-scenes player, who plays the ball around and allows others to make runs. His eye for goal, though, is not always as sharp as the team might like.

Richard Koulares (Cafi FC)- Caps: 5 Goals: 0 The tall, skinny, left winger made almost no impact in the Baptism of Fire, and some fans called for him to be benched. Teammates have expressed confidence in their teammate, but manager Corey Baldwin refused to comment on Koulares' status.

Luke Peterson (Cafi FC)- Caps: 5 Goals: 1 A quiet, former engineering student, Peterson made his mark in the BoF, showing aggressive tendencies on offense and defense. His quick feet and ball handling expertise have endeared him to the team, although a weak shot impede his goal scoring potential.

John Redding (Cafi FC)- Caps: 1 Goals: 0 This backup center midfielder excels on the counterattack. He was only given one appearance in the Baptism of Fire, and it was a disappointing appearance. Hopes are high, though, if he is ever given a chance to play.

William St. Mark (Wesson City)- Caps: 2 Goals: 0 St. Mark makes up for a lack of size and speed with game awareness that surpasses most. He struggles, though, when double teamed or surprised by the defensive strategy or formation. He also lacks a sharp scoring ability, which has led to several wide-open misses.

Stefan Vlachinovsky (Benning United)- Caps: 0 Goals: 0 The Benning United midfielder will struggle to earn playing time, but in his time with his club, he has shown some passing ability and an ability to beat defenders one-on-one.

Strikers:
Zachary Bolden (Cafi FC)- Caps: 4 Goals: 0
Expectations for the BoF were high, but Bolden failed to live up to them. He missed one game due to an ankle sprain, and he was ineffective in the four he did play in. Although at the club level he has shown dribbling and passing finesse, he will struggle to maintain his starting spot.

Xavier Camette (Fedira United)- Caps: 2 Goals: 1 After his game-winning goal against Gaveo in the BoF, Camette said he was "ecstatic". He appeared in two games, including a start for Zachary Bolden because of Bolden's ankle sprain. During these appearances, he made many probing runs and was always in the mix for headers on corners. Teammates hope his nose for goal will come through if and when he plays.

Cliff Cooley (Cafi FC)- Caps: 5 Goals: 3 This starting striker works well with midfielders, which helped him score three goals in the BoF, tied for the team lead with Charles Davies. His shot is average, but good placement makes up for a deficiency in power. Cooley is looking for big things at the World Cup.

Sanders Cooley (Scherten FC)- Caps: 0 Goals: 0 Sanders is unrelated to Cliff Cooley, and in many ways, their skills are complete opposites. Sanders struggles in tight and precise passing, and a cannon for a leg is his strongest trait. He will have scratch and claw for playing time in the World Cup.

Manager:
Corey Baldwin- Known as a reserved, shy figure in public life, Baldwin began his soccer career as an assistant coach at Groders College in northeastern Cambirano. He then moved up the ladder, eventually serving as manager at National University in Scherten, where he won five national titles in a row. He was tapped for the national team's inaugural managerial position before Cambirano's international debut in the Baptism of Fire 49.

Code: Select all
                            --T. Walden--

J. Roulande--S. Mandell--P. Yarborough--D. Samuels

L. Peterson--C. Davies--C. Easton--R. Koulares

C. Cooley--Z. Bolden

TEAM KITS
(Home/Away/Goalkeeper #1/Goalkeeper #2)

ImageImageImageImage

STADIUM INFORMATION

Pennington Stadium
Scherten, Cambirano
Capacity: 47,500

Choose my goalscorers Yes
Godmod scoring events Yes
RP injuries to my players No
Godmod injuries to my players No
Hand out yellow cards to my players Yes, but no more than one per game
Hand out red cards to my players No
Godmod other events Yes, within reason
Last edited by Cambirano on Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mashiki
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mashiki » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:54 pm

World Cup LXII Roster

After a first season of club football in Mashiki, the football association has confirmed that the national team will be kept separate from the club football team. This includes academies and training facilities. So upcoming sports people can decide whether they want to play for club or country. This means that the World Cup side is very similar from the winter's Copa Rushmori in Falconfar, and the World Cup side form 2 years ago. The MNFA have also decided to keep 29 ear old Maha Bubuneski on for another year or two, depending on how things pan out throughout qualifying. However, there are some new additions to the squad, but generally the team is the same:

Goalkeepers:
Dimitor Vashalka - 20
Finsha - 31
Barboo Wilmak - 18

Defenders:
Bashka Wimpal-Mateng - 25
Darmaka Papanda - 21
Kipra Drapov - 22
Mogrunza Harchelivak - 17
Bubula Mendov - 22
Malaki Fugula - 18
Miliak Guahka - 24

Midfielders:
Bandai Hellik - 19
Magia Hantulo - 26
Dilio Menz - 33
Vantak Donté - 28
Salla Denchski - 21
Martinak - 17
Santak Hostella - 34
Mantonta Fallo - 18

Forwards:
Papovski - 25
Papovska - 25
Gabu Hender - 28
Gustavo Milanetti - 33
Milark Devina - 25

I allow my opponent to:
Choose my scorers: Y
Godmod Scoring Events: Y
Give Injuries: Y (1 per match)
Godmod Injuries: N
Yellow Cards: Y (Up to 2 per match)
Red Cards: N
Godmod other events: Y (within reason)

Stadiums: There have been a few changes in the stadiums since last time, and these stadiums are home to the 4 teams in the global competitions this year, which is how we decide which stadiums to use:

Derendi Avenue - Home of South Bartal - Home Matches 1&7
Oceanside - Home of S.C Tubushu - Home Matches 2&5
Lakelands - Home of Darting Baltana - Home Matches 3&6
St. Lionel's - Home of Syriak Guadir - Home Match 4
Last edited by Mashiki on Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
RP Population: 76,000,000
Very Conservative. Don't really like foreigners.

Winner of Swamp Soccer World Cup III
Runner-up at Swamp Soccer World Cup II
Ranks: Football - 66

Phoenigetuzstha
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Phoenigetuzstha » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:19 pm

Style Modifier: 3.4
Phoenigetuzsthan Tournament Information
Team Name: Phoenigetuzstha National Football Team
Team Nickname: Alewredy Rewyalez
Manager: Nebuchad Bel-Hammonis (61)

Roster: (Age in brackets)
1. Durius Gahlbar GK (24)
2. Bomilqart Varitiibal GK (25)
3. Kombaledes Destherepines DF (28)
4. Darius Pulitor DF (22)
5. Hannibal Barco DF (26)
6. Ahuran Jatumi DF (17)
7. Gisgo Tanon DF (24)
8. Hamilcar Barca DF (26)
9. Aharon Abbas MF (22)
10. Alexander Heniochan MF (23)
11. Jahan Iberiash MF ()
12. Antiochus Memnos MF (31)
13. Vahgn Hairus MF (33)
14. Pharnajom Sakauron MF (19)
15. Pharas Melikshvilli FW (25)
16. Goran Xanthiochus FW (32)
17. Darius Zerzedonda FW (29)
18. Saulaces Opsitin FW (18)

First Kit -- Second Kit
ImageImage

Choose my goalscorers Y
Godmod scoring events Y
Hand out yellow cards to my players Y - Not too excessive though
Godmod other events N

Stadium: Didoan Foundation Stadium (Capacity: 53,849)
WHF5: 1st (24 points)
WHF6: 15th (7 points)
WHF7: 7th (24 points)
WHF8: 5th (29 points)
WHF9: 13th (13 points)
WHF10: 4th (31 points)
WV20: 6th (75 points)
WV21: 9th (72 points)
WV22: 4th (135 points)
WV23: 10th (76 points)

Antoletia
Envoy

Founded: Nov 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Antoletia » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:28 pm

Manager-Axkess Nahmeput (Civil Citizenry)
Formation- 4-1-3-1-1
Modifier- +5

Roster
Vladimir 	Cornelius	28	Avidia City	        KRY	GK
Hans Alexandre 28 Brady City Crunch DAR LB
Sebastian 26 Atlantea Hurricanes TAE LCB
Alec Rat 20 Atlantea Hurricanes TAE RCB
Georghe von Leeweonheouck 19 X Island TAE LM
Razvan Vaduva 28 Celtic Rangers F.C. TAE CDM
Valentin Illiescu 28 Swift City ABK RB
Iosif Nicolescu 30 Blacklake Blues TAE CM
Stefan Sala 29 Brady City Crunch DAR RM
Constantin 29 Leston Town KRY CF
Hiarchratez 22 SK Nethers United FC TAE ST
Mathew Cannibus 20 Mierton Manatees TAE DF
Niculae Ricard 23 New Capetown Falcons ANT DF
Filip Constantinescu 25 3.14 TAE CAM
Cezar Ardelean 28 Beckton Supermarine KRY ST
Cristian Balan 28 Stanton Town KRY MF
Gabriel Mohammed 21 Celtic Rangers F.C. TAE MF
Cristian Kafka 20 Blacklake Blues TAE MF
Preya Pavelski 21 Laketown Rangers TAE ST
Octavian 27 3.14 TAE MF
Sheyenne Augustini 18 Real Chinchinhua TAE DF
Hannibal 18 South Factory AST MF
Adolf Dumitrescu 22 X Island TAE GK
Danny Muller 25 Brady City Crunch DAR GK

Formation
--Cornelius--
--Alexandre--Sebastian--Raț--Illiescu--
--Vãduva --
--von Leeweonheouck--Nicolescu--Sala--
--Constantinescu--
--Constantín--

For all correct player accents go to this nswiki page http://www.nswiki.net/index.php?title=A ... eam#Roster

Jerseys-
Home Image

Away

Goalie
Last edited by Antoletia on Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
World Cup Qualifications - World Cup 58, World Cup 66, World Cup 67, World Cup 69 (Quarter-Finals)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports