NATION

PASSWORD

World Cup of Hockey XIX Everything Thread (We have a Champ!)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Mapletish
Minister

Founded: Feb 26, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

WCoH XIX Matchday 1 : Mapletish 3–1 Soviet Quebexico

Postby Mapletish » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:24 am

The Minnows come out top in scramble match-up

Nacional Ice-Hockey Stadia all set up for the opening game against Soviet QUebexico.

Mapletish         0 2 1   3
Soviet Quebexico 0 1 0 1

Opening a match in a world tournament is never easy and the Minnows come out top with a 3-1 win over Soviet Quebexico,thus earning them a pin-point number one spot in Group 5.

"Looking at the quality of play,the Minnows have certainly done well," spoke Faron Wilson,the newly appointed head coach of the Minnows in the post-match interview,"The Minnows might have been a little too nervous in front of goal this time round,however that is certainly better than the previous opening match."

Opening the match with a more conservative set up then how other head coaches that have taken the reins of the Minnows,it is expected that he is up to something.Instead of practicing shooting,passing or team drills before the match like how other teams would,he opted for the team to do skating.Skating? Yes skating,with the stick and disc.He explained later on,"I wanted the players to play the disc down to their control and not mis-handling the disc or mis-placing a shot or pass later on." That certainly worked well in his favour as the Minnows kept the disc under control for most of the match.

The first period was certainly one down to excitement however it ended up with both sides not being able to score the goal that will bring the atmosphere and tension of the crowd.Despite the slow start,there seems to be little urgency building up among the players,was that the road to failure?The answer was no,soon after a slow start,Wystan Colby raised above all the above as he scored the opener,that certainly kept the feet on their toes.The visitors raised one more as the score the equaliser to keep the score level.

Just seconds before the 2nd period was up,it was Wystan Colby once more as he struck the disc from long range and it ended up right in the goal.Keeping the score with a goal advantage,the pressure has started to slide down a little.The crowd's loud chants,cheering and drum beatings start to build up the atmosphere that kept the Minnows going.Just one last period and everything was over.

The two teams started out their 3rd period this time with a more offensive formation.Playing with only one defender,the Minnows are not playing up at their best formation yet however that is not a worry,with continuous pressuring on the visitors, the Minnows notched one last goal to seal the match in their favour 3-1 as they open up their fine start to the World Cup Of Hockey.

Group Five
Darmen 2–1 Weatherdon
Mapletish 3–1 Soviet Quebexico
Nopspri 4–5 Sicoutimont

Group Five                         Pld    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD    Win %   Pts 
1 Mapletish 1 1 0 0 3 1 +2 1.000 2
2 Sicoutimont 1 1 0 0 5 4 +1 1.000 2
3 Darmen 1 1 0 0 2 1 +1 1.000 2
4 Nopspri 1 0 0 1 4 5 −1 0.000 0
5 Weatherdon 1 0 0 1 1 2 −1 0.000 0
6 Soviet Quebexico 1 0 0 1 1 3 −2 0.000 0

The group filled with a majority of Rushmori nations,the top seeds open up their campaign with fine wins too,Darmen beat fellow Rushmori nation Weatherdon and Sicoutimont edged out Nopspri in a 9 goal thriller.
It might all seem to be comfortable but it is only the first match of the campaign.It might be just as fair to see what Darmen and Mapletish can do to achieve the top notch spot.
The Minuscule Nation Mapletish
Pop. 65,000,000 | Capital: Struggait City| Demonym: Maplish/Mapletian| Trigramme: MAP
First - WLC 24, DBC 43, XIV Winter Olympics Second - WCoH 22, RUWC 23, CR 24 Third- BoF 44, HWC 11, WCoH 20, WCoH 21, DBC 49 Fourth - U15WC9, RLWC12, CR 14
Qualified for WC 64, 66
www.unionsports.map
Proudly contributing my triumph's to the glorification of the greater whole!

Sicoutimont
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sicoutimont » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:55 am

5.....4......3......2......1.... Game Over! shouted Sicoutian goaltender Louis Lefay. But the game you would expect wasn't over. No, not at all. Julio Archambault had challenged Seamus Sinclair to an air hockey match. You see, Sinclair was a bit cocky, and said he could defeat anyone who challenged him in any sport. An air hockey table was the only thing available, so Archambault challenged him. Deep in the nation of Nopspripi, the team had just got off the ice for morning skate, and were tired after finding the restaurant didn't serve Belgian Waffles for breakfast. "Eh, Lio, ya beat 'im?" asked teammate JP Dandenault. "Nah, we tied," replied the 6'11 defensive defender. "Oh, screw that man, I scored almost 3 goals that didn't count cause Louis wasn't watching!" replied Sinclair. "Ah, so Lio 'ere beat ya, so you're mad? Ah, Sinclair's mad guys. He lost to Lio!!!" replied Dandenault as the team began to roar in laughter. "OK, so ya got me in hockey, but how about...." he scanned the room. "Chess!" Sinclair said. "Chess? I beat ya in hockey, I'll get ya with pawns s'well." "Fine. We'll go for 15 minute break, then I'll destroy you...."

"Your move," smiled Archambault. He had Sinclair down to but a king, 2 pawns and a bishop. Sinclair moved a pawn. Archambault took the bishop. This continued. Finally, Julio checkmated him. "Screw you, we've got a game tonight and you're messing around with little wood carvings. C'mon, the car's waiting," was Sinclair's reply. Everyone else had left 20 minutes ago. Sinclair remained edgy until about 2 hours before game time. "Okay guys, we've got the home team now. We don't know they're roster, and I saw about half the arena full. We need to show 'em how to play Sicoutian hockey. Goubs, you're in net," said Coach Michel Nillonier. The team went onto the ice, Team Sicoutimont's first ever international game. As soon as the team left, scratch Charles Sarulon had been told by Archambault to install a ping-pong table in the room, which he did.

The game began. Rolloton won the faceoff back. The first period wasn't eventful, except for Julio Archambault's hit on a Nopspri centre. He caught the player with his head down, and just destroyed him. Score 1-1 after the first, with Jean-Luc Desjardins scoring for Les Royales.
The 2nd period had much more going on, Desjardins scored 2 more goals to get a hattrick. Yves Lapierre scored on a powerplay. Score: 4-3 for Les Royales. The 3rd period saw the home side tie it up, until Gaspard Richard scored with 1:13 left. Final score, 5-4 for Team Sicoutimont. Assists went to Julio Archambault (3), Maurice Rolloton (2), and Jean-Luc Desjardins (2). Etienne Goubert played 59:27 in net, and stopped 26 of 30 shots for a GAA of 4.00. His save percentage is 0.850. Coach Nillonier announced that Louis Lefay would start the team's next game, against Weatherdon, ranked 49th in the world. Oh, and Seamus Sinclair sucks at table tennis, too.
Democratic Green Republic of Sicoutimont
Population: 110,500,000 | Capital: Lac-Drouin | Language: Sicoutian | Country Code: SIC

Under the wise leadership of Chairman Alphonse Pomeroy we will brighten our future!

Soviet Canuckistan
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Canuckistan » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:00 am

Excellent Results to Begin WCOH 19

HIS GREAT KINGDOM- The Canuckistanis shut out His Great Kingdom today in a 2-0 win for their first game of WCOH 19. The Canuckistanis showed the world today that they were ready to play on the international stage and that they weren't going to watch other teams skate by. In the opening minute, a beautiful save by Prefontaine stopped the Kingdomites from getting the opening goal. The Canuckistanis recovered from that close call to secure the first goal just two minutes later at 17:26 with Polomaniuk bouncing it off the goalie from the corner to trigger that red light. The rest of the game was pretty uneventful with the Canuckistanis outskating the Kingdomites but not finding the net. However, in the fourth minute of the third period that streak was broken with a slapshot from the point from Virilini for the last goal of the game.

We interviewed Goaltending Coach Oleg Sybanski, himself a player in WCOH 18 and he commented, "We saw some amazing goaltending today and amazing play from the forwards and defence, hopefully this keeps up so that we can be a winning team." Next game is against Ziketonia on the road, with the Canuckistanis hoping to win another.

Matches:

MD1:@ His Great Kingdom 0-2 Soviet Canuckistan
MD2:@ Ziketonia
MD3: v. Valanora
MD4: @ Estope
MD5: v. Havl
MD6: v. His Great Kingdom
MD7: v. Ziketonia
MD8: @ Valanora
MD9: v. Estope
MD10: @ Havl

Lead Scorers:
Name Goals Assists Points
Polomaniuk 1 0 1
Virilini 1 0 1
van Key 0 1 1
Plamondon 0 1 1
Peunov 0 1 1
Last edited by Soviet Canuckistan on Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Economic Left/Right: -3.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.49

Birolika
Envoy

Founded: Jun 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Birolika » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:21 am

The Daily Sheep
(Image)
Bananas: Tasty and irrelevant

Birolika win: Second line of forwards go missing

Birolika	0 1 3 	4
Falconfar 1 1 0 2

Last night Birolika managed to pull off a shock against Falconfar when they managed a strange turn around in the third period to make their first game a victory. Ten minutes into the second period however Toby Orson got on the wrong side of Falconfar defender Nevin Little. As a result the entire second line of Birolikan forwards clumsily skated off the rink and haven't been seen since. For those who believe in the myth of Birolikan being terrified of physical comfrontation now have a lot of evidence mounting...

The first period Birolika got off to a bad start with their first attack of the game being cut short with Cavonic falling backwards on his backside and losing the puck. It then got worse as Falconfar managed to storm past the defence and scored as netminder Jim Laker ducked out the way of the puck which was heading straight at his face. The rest of the period was spent with most of the defenders cowering behind the goal and the forwards doing their best ot keep out of the way, however they managed to avoid conceding anymore. Coach Balker commented on the first period by saying that they 'could have done better, but they were just getting into the swing of things again.'

The second period got off to a bad start, they conceded in the first couple of minutes which led to a line change. However just a few minutes later the entire second line disappeared off of the rink with Toby Orson trying to avoid comfrontation which led to an impromtue line change. However with just two minutes until the end of the second period John Jacker managed to get Birolika's first goal of the game.

In the third period Birolika suddenly came into form, they finally looked more like hockey players and less like first time skaters. It started out with Mark Pelav taking his first goal of the tournament, it came from Marvin Pilchard chipping the puck up (not on purpose, he fell backwards) and Pelav grabbed it and slotted it in. This took the game to 2-all, the first time in history Birolika haven't been behind. This was followed by Nate Crash managing to score his first goal in the tournament with a short range attempt while the goaltender was being confused by Artem Rilley who was pulling faces in the corner. The final goals came when Yam managed to score with a longer range attempt.

Next we have Qazox, the highest ranking team in the group. They've also won two WCoH's, however this was rather a long time ago. They also won their first game beating Audioslavia 2-1, who are definatly better than us. Anyway long story short we're going to be destroyed, we might as well go hide under a rock like the second line.
With the abolition of private property, then, we shall have true, beautiful, healthy Individualism. Nobody will waste his life in accumulating things, and the symbols for things. One will live. To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.
- Oscar Wilde

Weatherdon
Attaché

Founded: Apr 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Weatherdon » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:29 am

Weatherdon Opens WCoH XIX with Loss to Darmen, 2-1
by Dan Erikson, Sports Editor
MICHAEL VII

Group Five                         Pld    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD    Win %   Pts 
1 Mapletish 1 1 0 0 3 1 +2 1.000 2
2 Sicoutimont 1 1 0 0 5 4 +1 1.000 2
3 Darmen 1 1 0 0 2 1 +1 1.000 2
4 Nopspri 1 0 0 1 4 5 −1 0.000 0
5 Weatherdon 1 0 0 1 1 2 −1 0.000 0
6 Soviet Quebexico 1 0 0 1 1 3 −2 0.000 0

Last night was a rough night, as the World Cup of Hockey kicked off. Stephen Drauch gave up two goals early in the first period, and Weatherdon was playing catch up for the rest of the game. It's hard to play catch up against a team whose skaters appear to be all over the ice. In the first period, even Brett Michalek, the team's best PWF, couldn't seem to hold on to the puck.

However, it was a fight late in the second that seemed to change the flow of play. Chris James, bless his heart, not only won the fight, but drew an instigator penalty as well, putting Weatherdon on the 5v4. The forward combination of Toews, Tretiak, and Griffith cycled the puck very effectively. Suddenly, Johnathon Miren skated straight into the slot, and one-timed a pass from Griffith high, glove side.

Not much happened in the third, as the coaching staff were juggling lines, trying to find something that would be more effective against the Darmen skaters, but nothing seemed to stick together.

This match could be called the most difficult one that Weatherdon will play in the qualifying stage. Next, they will play Sicoutimont at home. Tickets are already sold out, however, standing space will be available starting two hours before the game.
Runner Up - Copa Rushmori IX, XI

Andossa Se Mitrin Vega
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Andossa Se Mitrin Vega » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:03 am

Ice Dragons lose 0-1 to Western Cuba

The Halls of Undermountain echoed and thrummed with life-like vitality as nearly 35,000 Khord chanted and stomped their undulating approval of the fact that international ice hockey had made a return to the “Gateway to the Underealms.” The Khord (or Dwarves if you must) were nearly rabid with excitement and the sounds of their anticipation reverberated for miles around the ancient city. Even the ice trembled at the sound and the crew responsible for its maintenance had even begun to seriously wonder if it would crack as Undermountain Stadium Cavern seemed to come alive. Not even recent World Cup 61 matches played here had sparked this much enthusiasm.

And then it got even louder as the players too to the ice. Many present wondered how they even played on the vibrating surface as the level of noise and excitement seemed to grow until long after the game had concluded. And not even a 0-1 loss to the visiting squad from Western Cuba had managed to calm it.

The next game will also be played here and we know for sure that Audioslavia will bring their A game. Let’s just hope the forget the earplugs.
Last edited by Andossa Se Mitrin Vega on Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Champions: AORBC II (Women's Champs); AOHC IV; Cup of Harmony 44, 49, & 54; Baptism of Iron VBrevity Challenge Cup 3
2nd Place: WC64
3rd Place: WC59; WC61WC65
WC Quarterfinals- 53,58,60
Qualified for WC Proper - 27,28,29,30,53,54,56,58,59,60,61,63,64,65
Host: Draggonnii Inviyatii; BoF 17 ; World Bowl XII; BoF43 (with K&P);World Cup 58 (with QPeMA)World Cup 61 (with Valanora)

AO is, as they say, THE PLACE.
Those of you whom we consider friends and respect here on NS are welcome to join us on FB. Simply TG me and We will set it in motion.

Plutoni
Envoy

Founded: Mar 02, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Plutoni » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:18 pm

"What do you know about Schrodinger's cat?"

"That it has dots on it."

"What?"

"It's Schrödinger. Dots. As in, Vaniolë Litheth. Or maybe the Quodites had players like that too, I don't remember."

"...The Quodites?"

"Hockey team. Now, Kelssek have a couple accents, but I don't think they have any dots on their names."

"Okay, never mind, this is beside the point. The cat. What do you know about the cat?"

"Well, let's see. Cats have nine lives, but Mister Schrödinger--with the dots, you understand--lived so long ago that--"

"I don't mean in terms of having nine lives!"

"No, clearly you mean in terms of having half a life, which makes total sense."

"What are you even doing?"

"Watching hockey, obviously, and I'd prefer if you didn't distract me." On the screen, Tyvmeer Kal made another slapshot clearance up the ice, and Samuel Lawrence took a shot. Mikka Karlson cleared it, and quickly, Perinpanland had killed off a penalty.

"I would really prefer not to have to deal with hockey."

"Where's your sense of patriotism?"

"What about our--our infrastructure? Our education, our turtles, our transportation? Plutonian ingenuity! We should be proud, we should be--we could get back in the World Assembly, flex our muscles, or robotic equivalent, there. We could do something, get back on the world stage, make ourselves known. Science, technology. Space travel! Do something. But no, everything is hockey, hockey, and steam hockey."

"We don't even do that much steam hockey anymore--"

"Exactly! The rest of the universe dictates what we do, not the other way around."

"So what, you think we should become interstellar dictators?"

"No. But we can't let everyone else push us around."

Calvor pushed Chris Giodarno around, earning Plutoni a penalty. "This is so dumb, we're going to be held to a draw against these teams."

"I think I know what the problem is. I'm going to need help if I want to solve it."

"And you're talking to me? But I'm just a dumb hockey fan."

"Unfortunately for me, the problem involves the hockey team."

"Oh? Now you're talking."

"Indeed I am. And that, unfortunately, is why I need your help."

"If we can help the team, I'm in."

"So be it. Now. We need to talk about quantum physics."
You're not a vacuum; you're a black hole!

84th Lowest Police Ratios

Byfugland
Attaché

Founded: Dec 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

CUT THE DREADS: Beat Thrilledge, Own Zollnando

Postby Byfugland » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:20 pm

Managed by Minister of Sports in Byfugland, Hank Boudreau

Line 1
LW: Vyacheslav Dostoyevski (A) #71- The greatest hockey player in Byfugland History, Dostoyevski owns every record in the book, and there is no sign of him slowing down. Last season, he beat his own record of goals in a single season with 93.
C: Casey Byrant #5- Genetically altered from birth to be great at hockey, Byrant and his twin, Matt, are clones of hockey players from rival nation, THRILLEDGE.
RW: Matt Byrant #27- Byrant and his twin were part of a top-secret coup of THRILLEDGE's genetic research facilities. Together they are a near unstoppable force.

Line 2
LW: Erik Commodore #44- A pass-first player. Solid on the forecheck and a good physical presence. When paired with scorers like Shelby and Holden, Commodore becomes very effective.
C: Daniel Shelby #82- A finesse player, a tremendous scorer. Shelby is small and quick, a good balance to the bulky Commodore. He can weave through defenses and is good at taking the puck away.
RW: Phoenix Holden #67- Holden is an amazing player with a mysterious background. No one is sure why he refuses to remove his shades at any point. Quickly rising through the ranks as one of the nation's elite players, Holden is a finesse player with a wicked wrist shot.

Line 3
LW: Garret O'Sears #9- The fastest skater in the Byfugland Hockey League. He has a weak slapshot but his puckhandling coupled with his speed make him dangerous. He can slice through any defensive scheme
C: Fyodor Makarov #91- A rookie, Makarov has swift feet and a steel body. Both physical and a talented skater, he has a promising career ahead of him. He is a face-off wizard.
RW: Rodrigo Gregorio #23- A speedy player who, when paired with O'Sears, completes the fastest line Byfugland has to offer.

Line 4:
LW: Cliff Soricelli #74- Soricelli may be the biggest thug on the team, look for him to instigate plenty of fights going forward. He is also good on the pk.
C: Colton Reed #25- Reed has a deadly combination of speed and strength. He doesn't score often but generates plenty of opportunities
RW: Albert Turziano #62- Turziano completes the toughest line on the squad. When it comes time to play rival THRILLEDGE in the Battle of Zollnando, Turziano will lead the forceful jets squad into battle.

Defense 1
Justin Byfuglien (C) #3- As supreme ruler of Byfugland and as one of the more talented offensive defensemen in the league, Byfuglien leads his squad on the powerplay on the point, as a terrific passer and solid shooter.
Alexandros Ivanov #6- Ivanov has the hardest slapshot in Byfugland, registering at 110 MPH. Look for him to rack up goals, especially on the power play.

Def. 2
Jarret Backman #55- Backman is the best shutdown defenseman in Byfugland, and is awesome on the penalty kill.
Forrest Mackins #49- Mackins, another shutdown d-man, is a hard checker and an excellent player along the boards. Mackins and Backman have established themselves as the most impermeable defensive pairing around

Def. 3
Crusher McPersoncrusher #98- Back for his second year of hockey, he stands alone as the best fighter in the Byfugland Hockey league, perhaps his region.
Ryan Linderhagen #66- With a wicked slapshot and a better uppercut, Linderhagen is both a talented skater and fighter. He completes the enforcer-pairing of the Jets.

Goalies
Ryan Underhill #35- A fan favorite in Byfugland, Underhill has a 1.93 GAA this year. Fans love to sing the "Underdog" theme to his name.
Mickey Ryan #1- Improving, but not starting material. Byfugland is not known for many talented goalies other than Underhill.

Powerplay 1
LW: Vyacheslav Dostoyevski
C: Casey Byrant
RW: Matt Byrant
D: Alexandros Ivanov
D: Justin Byfuglien

Powerplay 2
LW: Garret O'Sears
C: Daniel Shelby
RW: Phoenix Holden
D: Ryan Linderhagen
D: Erik Commodore

Penalty Kill 1
LW: Cliff Soricelli
C: Fyodor Makarov
D: Forrest Mackins
D: Jarret Backman

Penalty Kill 2
LW: Rodrigo Gregorio
C: Dan Shelby
D: Justin Byfuglien
D: Ryan Linderhagen

If my opponent RPs first, I give them the right to:
Name my scorers Y
Godmod scoring events Y
Injure my players N
Godmod injuries N
RP ejections to my players Y
Godmod other events Y
Last edited by Byfugland on Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darmen
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 16, 2011
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Darmen » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:18 pm

Darmen National Ice Hockey Team

Heach Coach: Marc Lemaire, Scott City Oilers
Asst. Coach: Jack Ramsey, Brady City Darmenians
Trainer: Septimius Antonius Vibianus, some homeless guy from Romanopolis

Line One
G-Peter Roloson, Scott City Oilers
D-Mattias Mitchell(Captain), DAR IF
D-Brent Brown, Janwick Stars (Civil Citizenry)
RW-Trent Gaborik(Alternate Captain), Tim City Canucks
LW-Todd Dupuis, Kyle Red Waves (Civil Citizenry)
C-Brendan Ronning, Eau Claire Jets

Line Two
G-Dan Kochan, Brady City Darmenians
D-Bryan Bombardir, Scott City Oilers
D-Sami Kuba, Darmen City Flames
RW-Marek Zyuzin, Sterling City Senators
LW-Boris Landvik, Tim City Canucks
C-Bernhard Kucera, Vogler City Maple Leafs

Line Three
D-Brady Pittenger(Alternate Captain), Darmen City Flames
D-Murat Ozoliņš, Sterling City Senators
RW-Florian Schräder, Chippewa Falls Blackhawks
LW-Guthrie Bonds, Darmen City Flames
C-Suppan Clemons, Sterling City Senators

My Opponents, if they RP first, may:
Choose my Goalscorers: Yes
Godmod my Scores: Yes
RP Injuries to my Players: No
Godmod injuries to my Players: No
Hand out penalties to my players: Yes, as many as you want, Darmen is known to be penalty prone. The Second Line fights quite often as well.
Godmod other events: Yes

Style Modifer: +3
The Republic of Darmen
President: Sebastian Elliott (NLP) | Capital: Scott City | Population: 10.6 mil | Demonym: Darmeni | Trigramme: DAR
Factbook (WIP) | Encylopedia | Domestic Sports Newswire
Champions: CoH 51, CR 13, GCF Test 9, GCF Test 13, WBC 25, QWC 7 Runners-up: CoH 53, CR 10, GCF Test 11, T20C 2, T20C 4, RLWC 10, WBC 42
Third: CR 20, T20C 10, RLWC 20, RLWC 22, R7WC 4, WBC 21, BC 6 Host: CR 9, RWC 18, RWC 26, RWC 35, RLWC 12, RLWC 18, RLWC 22, BC 6, BC 10, WVE 4

THRILLEDGE
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby THRILLEDGE » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:41 pm

"...and Marlboro'll touch up for icing. Apox has not had much luck on the dump today."

"No they have not. The Dreads' defensive speed has shut down most offensive opportunities Apox is trying on the transition."

"And it seems that that's all they can afford to try as the Dreadlocks have really controlled this game and kept the puck in the offensive zone with their forecheck that they established so early in the game."

"That's right. They've been so aggresive and it's shown. The Apox defenders are being pressured to the moon and back and have turned the puck over way too many times. Fortunately for Apox the netminder has played solidly and the posts have rung a few times."

"The posts have to be frustrating to Matthew Haering as he sees his team still tied in a scoreless game with five to go in the second period. Asselmeyer to take the faceoff... and it is won. Passed back to the point where Gustavino holds and then dumps it in on the right. Apox to the puck first gains control and Asselmeyer has him against the boards. A beautiful poke check wins in away. Pass up to Koni who fires...deflected over the glass and out of play. And there's that forecheck you were talking about."

"Asselmeyer works it to perfection and gives Koni an opportunity to put one away. Unfortunately the a defender was able to get a leg on it."

"Lots of chances are coming at the point. You have to think they're going to keep trying it from out there."

"Why not keep it up? They're getting the opportunities, fire away."

"The first line comes in for the Dreads as Koni and Gustavino stay on the ice."

"Surprising move by Haering keeping the defense on."

"The draw is won by the Dreads as Blastings tied up the Apoxian center and Casey Bryant swooped in to take the puck. Out to Gustavino...holds and sends it across to Koni...winds up, fires... it's in! Goooooooooaaaallll! Tally one for the Dreads! That beat the goaltender right through the old five-hole. The goal is credited to Matt Bryant as he got his stick on the shot and deflected it through the wickets."

"As a player that silenced crowd is the greatest thing you can hear. Key goals on the road really shuts up the fans"

"Mostly silenced, except for the few who journeyed over to the other side of Esportiva for the match. The first Dreadlock goal of the World Cup of Hockey is registered by the veteran Bryant. And for Koni and Gustavino, they each get an assist."

"Great positioning by both of the Bryants here on the play. Casey screens the goaltender and draws defensive attention as Matt casually deflects it in. That unspoken language they have is pure magic on the ice."

"Fitzgerald to take the draw following the goal and it is won by Apox as the pass goes back to the defender..."
Last edited by THRILLEDGE on Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Baptism of Iron X Champions
Campionato Esportiva II Champions
Third Place: Campionato Esportiva V
Fouth Place: World Bowl 20
Quarterfinals: World Bowl 19, WBC 24
Round of 16: WBC 21, WBC 23, World Cup of Hockey 18, World Bowl 18

Esportiva

Estope
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Estope Wins World Cup of Hockey XIX Opener

Postby Estope » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:37 pm

Twin Brooks, Estope - Estope scored a huge victory over Ziketonia 3-1 in their home opener and first ever international game. In a sold-out Votum Motors Arena, Estope jumped out to an early 2-0 lead after the first period with Elliott Tewari and Brady Loynes each scoring a goal. Goalie Joshua Worrel saved six shots in a stellar first period that set the tone for the game. However, the momentum did not carry over to the second period. Ziketonia possessed the puck for most of the second period and took advantage of a power play with little time left to score and bring the game within one. The game remained tight during the third period until Brady Loynes scored midway through to put the game out of reach. Estope took advantage of 15 giveaways by Ziketonia to give first year head coach Nicolas Kolich his first win.

Head Coach: Nicolas Kolich (1st Year: 1-0)
Arena: Votum Motors Arena (34,000)

Goalie:Joshua Worrel
Defensemen: Aaron Bowdon, Tyson Paganico
Wings: Brady Loynes, Murray Lenze
Center: Elliott Tewari

Bench
Goalie: Travis Heiserman
Defensemen: Devon Toepke, August Nuzum, Leonardo Dutt
Wings: Alex Rookwood, Curt Francesco, Jamal Galanis
Center: Burton Moren, Chandler Mareen

My Opponents, if they RP first, may:
Choose my Goalscorers: Yes
Godmod my Scores: Yes
RP Injuries to my Players: Yes
Godmod injuries to my Players: No
Hand out penalties to my players: Yes
Godmod other events: Yes
Soccer: 61st (14.33 pts.) | Football: 26th (9.08 pts.) | Baseball: 13th (3.23 pts.) | Rugby: 13th (5.07 pts.)
Hockey: 11th (16.85 pts.) | Basketball: 25th (2.73 pts.) | Lacrosse: 4th (37.62 pts.)
Maklohi Vai Tournament (Baseball)
Esportiva Union Cup II (Rugby)
Estope Open
World Bowl XXIII
Maple Leaf Bowl III

Maklohi Vai
Minister

Founded: Jan 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Maklohi Vai » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:58 pm

Maklohi Vai dropped their first international match today on a freak goal that bounced off a Vaian player's shin and into the net. However, Head Coach Kimo Nalapani said that he was, "Pleased with our performance overall. We got a lot of shots off, which is important for us, and we played pretty solid defense. Sometimes it's just one thing that you slip up on."
Last edited by Maklohi Vai on Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"For the glory of our people, we govern our nation freely. For the glory of Polynesia, we help and strengthen our friends. For the glory of the earth, we do not destroy what it has bestowed upon us."
Demonym: Vaian
-Kamanakai Oa'a Pani, first president of Maklohi Vai
-6.13/-8.51 - as of 7/18
Hosted: MVBT 1; WBC 27; Friendly Cups 7, 9; (co-) NSCAA 5
Former President, WBC; WBC Councillor
Senator Giandomenico Abruzzi, Workers Party of Galatea
Administrator
Former:
Head Administrator
Beto Goncalves, Chair, CTA
Abraham Kamassi, Chair, Labour Party of Elizia
President of Calaverde Eduardo Bustamante; Leader, LDP
President of Baltonia Dovydas Kanarigis; Leader, LDP
President of Aurentina Wulukuno Porunalakai; Leader, Progress Coa.

Northern Sunrise Islands
Minister

Founded: May 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Sunrise Islands » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:01 pm

At the Crow's Nest, Falconwhereveryouare...
Steve McConnery walks in circles at the locker room of the Away Team, in this match's case, the "Stars" of Northern Sunrise Islands.
"Here we are, boys." said the coach, lightning up his cigarette. "Our chance to enter the mainstay scenary of hockey."
Matthew Sioux, the youngest player of the team, jiggled happilly from the bench where he and other players were sitting.
"But we are already progressing, sir! Our domestic league has been sending very good teams to play and we already hosted the final match of-"
He was then interrupted with a slap from McConnery.
"Shut up, kid. We're here for national stuff, not something that money can afford. Now, where was I..."
While McConnery turned, Eduardo Carvalho said in the lowest tone of voice as possible.
"Don't speak when the coach wants to speak. You remember it from our training."
"Yes..." said the young player, looking to the floor.
"...Oh, I remember. Well, we have to work hard as we are going to face an important nation at the sport. If you guys screw up, you'll have to pay for my cigarettes till next match. Got it? Now... GO!"
The team left for the ice as ordered, while the coach looked to them. "...And may god help us. Because damn, we'll need it."

DE PLACA
New Look, Same Price!

WORLD CUP OF HOCKEY XIX
NSI beats Falconwhereveryouare at the Qualifiers.
The first match of the Stars in the WCoH Qualifiers and it's already a huge upset. The Stars managed to obtain a 4-2 score, thanks to two goals from center Matthew Sioux. Didn't help a lot that the team clumsly depended on Ignacio Valentine as the main goalie for this match, and hoping that their third Forward Line would do it easily.
SUMMARY
1ST PERIOD
GOAL - 4:35 (FAL) #3 Ci-ga IWA'OA
PEN - 7:50 (FAL) #54 Damian JONES (High-Sticking 2')
GOAL (PP) - 8:15 (NSI) #9 Matthew SIOUX
2ND PERIOD
GOAL - 3:45 (NSI) #15 Israphel MORTIISE
GOAL - 8:35 (NSI) #44 Tiago JÚNIOR
3ND PERIOD
GOAL - 7:22 (NSI) #9 Matthew SIOUX
GOAL - 9:00 (FAL) #3 Ci-ga IWA'OA

Group Nine                         Pld    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD    Win %   Pts 
1 Northern Sunrise Islands 1 1 0 0 4 2 +2 1.000 2
2 Licentiapacisterra 1 1 0 0 1 0 +1 1.000 2
3 Cassadaigua 1 0 1 0 2 2 0 0.500 1
3 Port Hawthorne 1 0 1 0 2 2 0 0.500 1
5 Maklohi Vai 1 0 0 1 0 1 −1 0.000 0
6 Falconwhereeveryouare 1 0 0 1 2 4 −2 0.000 0

Next week, the Stars will take on an Esportivan clash as NSI and Licentiapacisterra face-off. Both teams came from a victory (Licentiapacisterra won 1-0 against Maklohi Vai. And the Stars are hoping that they can see their fans filling up the InComm Arena at Matthew City for this match, huh? Don't miss this one up!
Tails... Watch out, you're gonna crash, aaaaah!
Project +90 | Sunrise's Sportwires (shared with Dainer) | PokéCard ~ Label Guide
Champion: WC 75 and 76, U-15 WC 4 and 6, DBC 29 and 41
Now known as Kita-Hinode

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 17, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Qazox » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:02 pm

Omega: That was a close one. Jekin was lucky that he's so tall. If he was an inch shorter, that shot from Gartxia would've gone in.

Alpha: Even I got to admit that a 6'2" goalie is useful. But we shouldn't have been in a postition that a late rush from the ice bulls could've tied the match.

Omega: True, but not every match is going to go our way. The replacement referees that had for this game were rediculous. 17 penalties?

Alpha: I'll agree with you there, but how the heck can you call a bench penalty on someone on the ice? Don't distract me. We should've won that game by at least 3 goals.

Omega: Gaizka Exarte played our of his (or her) mind. 26 saves on 28 shots, and one of those was too be honest a fluke goal, as Coples just happened to be in the right place at the right time on his goal.

Alpha: So you're agreeing with me. This team needs to in the direction I want it to go in.

Omega: Dude, chill it's only been 1 game. Give it time.

SCORING SUMMARY:
Qazox: Ivan Mzachinov (assisted by: Mark Gelan and Cam Rice) 14:03 2nd period. 1-0 Qazox
Audioslavia: Ibar Belasko (assisted by: Txordin Zubiondo) 17:43 2nd period. 1-1
Qazox: Travis Coples (assisted by: Mzachinov) 4:09 3rd period. 2-1 Qazox
Wikipage/Qazox National Football Team
Qualified for World Cups 31, 33, 35-50, 54-59, 61, 62. Runners-up: CoH 52
Baptism of Fire 44 (w/Mangolana); World Baseball Classics 1, 4, 5, 10, 13 and 23; World Cup of Hockey 7 and 14; World Bowls IV & IX; IBC X; Baptism of Iron III and VIII; NSCAA Tourney II, III (conferences/regionals), The OXEN Cup; the TOUR de QAZOX, Qazoxian Sports Festival and NS X-Games/Winter X-Games I.
World Cups of Hockey 4 & 6; World Baseball Classics 6, 8 and 9, World Bowls 3 and XXI; Draggonnii Inviyatii V, IBC XI
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

Vaugania
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaugania » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:14 pm

Bill Jameson watched as the puck skittered down the ice. Himself and his fellow Golden Eagles were on the penalty kill after a Mathias Beran two minute hooking call. Mantwenic regroup behind their goal and pressed forward. As penalty time ended, Beran came out of the sin bin like a shot. He scooped up an ill-fated Mantwenic pass and hit the jets as he careened down the ice. His skates passed the blue line and he fired in a well timed wrist shot towards the top hand corner of the goalie's glove side. A lightning hand refused him the result he was looking for.

Wilhelm Patrick lined up for a faceoff to the goalie's left. He could feel his heart pounding in his head and he watched as a single drop of sweat fell from his nose as made an ever so tiny splash on the ice. He looked the referee in the eye as he released the puck from his grasp. The black disc hit the ice and sticks clashed. Mantwenic's center was denied possession of the puck as it went back onto Bill Jameson's blade.

Beran and Perch moved off to the left. Jameson pushed the puck across the offensive zone to Beran who almost immediately put the puck on the stick of Zacharias Perch. Perch drifted beyond the goal line along the sideboards. He stopped in the corner. His options were weighed carefully. He could go back to Beran or send it cross ice to Streit. A snap decision was made as a Mantwenic defender applied pressure. Beran found himself with the puck yet again. This time he wound up and fired the puck at the net. Mantwenic's goalie slid out in front of the crease and deflected it off of his left leg pad. Jurgis Streit charged at the rebound. Mantwenic's goalie made an attempt at getting after Streit's shot, but it was too little, too late. The puck rolled across the goal line to make it 3-1... Mantwenic.

"Goal by Jurgis Streit. His first of the tournament. Assissted by Beran and Perch," the arena announcer boomed. No such announcement would be made again as Mantwenic took a 3-1 victory at home.

The dejected Golden Eagles returned to the visiting locker room to see results off the rest of their group. Polar Islandstates 1-1 Svengarda.

Words of "We got this, boys" and "We'll whip 'em for sure" came from the Vauganian players. This was the result they were least expecting out of that day. They had Polar Islandstates the next day at home. With a sold out crowd ready for rejuvination, the Golden Eagles planned on victory

Bongo Johnson 1–0 Yuznetovian Julia
Mantwenic 3–1 Vaugania
Polar Islandstates 1–1 Svengarda
My most favoritest picture ever | Sports Achievements | Poltical Test... just as I suspected
Population: 120,000,000
President: Kris Strong
Active Military: 2,000,000
Military Reserves: 6,500,000 (mandatory reserve service from 18-21)
VAUGANIA
RUSHMORE FOREVER
Just call me Vaug. Or not if that's how you roll.

Kelssek
Minister

Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kelssek » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:28 pm

Opinion: slumping Team Kelssek's problems go right to the top

EDWARD CAYLEY
Courier Sports

They came out flat, played listlessly, conceded a soft goal and slumped to a defeat that will only fuel the fires of criticism directed at Hockey Kelssek. It has now been four tournaments since the national team has looked like a World Cup contender and the merry-go-round of coaching appointments can't be helping.

It's been a rotation of the mediocre and the downright bizarre, the lowlight being the dismissal of Mike Milley for declaring gingers an inferior race. No less than Neville Keanes, hero of the World Cup win, has slammed the mismanagement and complacency that has set in. It's hard to believe that the country's best players aren't similarly frustrated at the constant gong show in the front office. The KHL clubs aren't amused either; relations are at an all time low and it's completely bonkers to have our country's top hockey teams at loggerheads with the sport's governing body.

This time there's an "interim" coach behind the bench. Rowan Cordonnier is certainly experienced in KHL-level hockey but he's hardly the man to light a spark under the players. Moreover, the interim label signals to the players that there's no long term accountability for how they train and play under him. Cordonnier goes back to his day job with Vickery HC once the World Cup is over and someone else will be at the helm next time. Where's the continuity and the stability in the programme? The opportunity to build a winning tradition was tragically lost.

The answer to this is actually quite simple. If the national federation can't give the team the right leadership, then the national federation doesn't have the right leadership. The national team will continue to be a directionless embarrassment if this isn't made right. And if this isn't made right, then fans and members must mobilize to force a shakeup in the Hockey Kelssek boardroom.
Last edited by Kelssek on Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yesopalitha
Minister

Founded: Sep 01, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Yesopalitha » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:51 pm

Boring Paradise 0-1 Yesopalitha

There is a reason that the Xavier Hammerheads own the YHL, and they showed it on the rink today as the Yesopalitha Flames opened their World Cup of Hockey XIX group play with a squeaker over Boring Paradise on the road.

Adrian Markov kept the Flames from conceding a goal, blocking all shots directed his way. Nevin Barston pushed the puck up. And Ralph Emerson, the reigning MVP? He scored the game winner, a shorthanded slap shot, halfway through the third quarter.

Pundits said that the only reason the Flames did so well on the last cup was because the cup was held in Yesopalithan soil. That may still come to pass, but the team looks good... for now.

Looking forward to their game versus Kelssek, the team that knocked us out last tournament...
Motto: Perseverantia saeculorum Note: I prefer to be known as YSP over YES if you use abbreviations.
Proud Original Member of Mystria

Puppet Nation of Chromatika

Falconfar
Envoy

Founded: Sep 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Falconfar » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:08 pm

B stands for Birolika, Falconfar's first opponent during this World Cup of Hockey.
I stands for inadequate, which was Falconfar's defense for this game.
R stands for Ryan Beaulac, the center of the Vinvevol Stars that scored both goals for the Arctic Wolves.
O stands for overwhelmed, which was the state of Bernard Vaghold in this game, which was unfortunate.
L stands for loss, which was not the best way to start Falconfar's first campaign, especially against a fellow unranked team...
I stands for Irswabi, the site of home games for the Wolves. Hopefully we won't have to wait for a win that late.
K stands for Konrad Fanguy, who will have to really step up if the Wolves are to do better.
A stands for again, as in, if at first you don't succeed, try, try, again.
Former Puppet of Chromatika
Currently another Northern Sunrise Islands puppet

Port Hawthorne
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Port Hawthorne » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:32 pm

Port Hawthorne in 2-2 tie against Cassadaigua
TIMOTHY GURGANU
Michael VII

Port Hawthorne came on top with a 2-2 tie against the Cassadaigua earlier today in Michael VII. The two hockey clubs fought in the neutral zone for the full length of the scoreless first period before entering the first intermission Port Hawthorne forward Franc Balažic was penalized for a two minute minor for slashing. Cassadaigua's John Doe would score the first goal of the game at 15:28.

Port Hawthorne would quickly place high pressured fore-checking on the Cassadaiguan squad, Port Hawthorne defenseman Marco Lundqvist would score on a onetimer slapshot from inside the blueline from forwards Henry Abbot and Liam Hewitt in the final minute of the second period.

Port Hawthorne would score their second goal of the tournament by team captain Timothy Gould from behind the net short handed after Sam Mackenzie was penalized for tripping five minutes into the third. The referee originally called for a penalty shot but Port Hawthorne head coach Kevin Haynes challenged the goal stating that defender Dominic Price was merely centimeters in front of Joe Doe before he fell. The referee still penalized the perpetrator. Port Hawthorne would successfully fight off their first successful penalty kill of the tournament.

The Cassadaiguan club was able to score the game tying goal in the last thirty seconds on a high snapshot over Hayden Adams' right shoulder.

Port Hawthorne plays against Maklohi Vai in their second game of the tournament.

Michael VII
Minister

Founded: Jun 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Michael VII » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:37 pm

World Cup of Hockey 19. The Party is starting!

So yesterday, the 19th World Cup of Hockey commenced in Michael VII. Well, sort of. We are hosting the games, and started out at home, but you wouldn't know it. Qualifiers aren't that much fun, and only scoring one goal against a new team we've never heard of is never fun. The ice in Frbiba was still a bit munched up since the previous NHA season, and it looks like they're not caring much about it until the tournament actually starts.

A near-capacity crowd came to see the Blue and Golds play Reen in the Flyers Centre in Frbiba, but we'll see the crowds come when qualifying is nearly over, or, once we start getting good. In other words, we'll see them by WCoH 28. So, we can't complain about crowds, given the tournament has only started qualifying now, and we weren't playing a decent team. We'll get them back by the time we play Gyatso-kai at home.

To the fans who wanna know when the games are in their arena, we've gone on tour to advertise the tournament in the qualifiers, which 5 games spread over 4 arenas. Game One was played in Flyers Centre, in Frbiba, the next is to be played in Jagoza, before playing in New Schmejgland and Bensville, before ending up back in Flyers Cetre ready for the real tournament to begin. So, please buy tickets, surely the hosts will get sellouts right? Well, maybe not in Bensville, but with their recent successes, I wouldn't bet against it.

In the end, we came out victorious against Reen, winning only 1-0, in what was seen as a bad game offensively on all fronts, the forecheck wasn't aggressive enough, the passing lanes were bad, our shots weren't positioned well, and right now, it looks like we won't even make it back to playing in the qualifiers, IN OUR OWN ARENAS!

Surprisingly enough, Line Four scored the only goal, with young gun Alexei Andropov scoring with 17:39 left in the 2nd Period, the only high point of the game for M7. Remember, draws can happen in qualifying, so sometimes they're a little bit boring...Ah well, better luck next time. A win's a win, even when it's a bad win.

We'll hear more after tonight's game, so let's go Michael VII!
My timezone, Southern Winter (Current Time): NZST, UTC +12, Southern Summer: NZDT, UTC +13

NSCF 5 Champions
Qualified for World Cup 62
Hosted World T20 Championships I, Baptism of Iron X, World Bowl 17, World Cup of Hockey XIX, World Bowl 19

Domestic Sportswire

Michael VII
Minister

Founded: Jun 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Michael VII » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:38 pm

And cutting off now. This cutoff is brought to you by Frbiban Fudge Limited, proud sponsors of the NSCRAA, the only tournament where driving in a circle still isn't simple enough for a Michael VII win!

Group One
Westros 1–1 Reen
Republic of The Dallas Stars 0–8 Michael VII
Equestrian States 1–4 Gyatso-kai

Group One                          Pld    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD    Win %   Pts 
1 Michael VII 2 2 0 0 9 0 +9 1.000 4
2 Gyatso-kai 2 2 0 0 6 1 +5 1.000 4
3 Equestrian States 2 1 0 1 4 5 −1 0.500 2
4 Reen 2 0 1 1 1 2 −1 0.250 1
5 Westros 2 0 1 1 2 4 −2 0.250 1
6 Republic of The Dallas Stars 2 0 0 2 0 10 −10 0.000 0

Group Two
Yesopalitha 0–0 Kelssek
Saugeais 0–0 Free South Califas

Boring Paradise 1–0 Filopines

Group Two                          Pld    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD    Win %   Pts 
1 Free South Califas 2 1 1 0 1 0 +1 0.750 3
Yesopalitha 2 1 1 0 1 0 +1 0.750 3
3 Boring Paradise 2 1 0 1 1 1 0 0.500 2
4 Filopines 2 1 0 1 2 2 0 0.500 2
5 Saugeais 2 0 1 1 1 2 −1 0.250 1
6 Kelssek 2 0 1 1 0 1 −1 0.250 1

Group Three
Torisakia 2–3 Plutoni
Slembana
1–0 Perinpanland
Carmadin 1–0 Ko-oren

Group Three                        Pld    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD    Win %   Pts 
1 Carmadin 2 2 0 0 4 2 +2 1.000 4
Slembana 2 2 0 0 4 2 +2 1.000 4
3 Plutoni 2 1 1 0 3 2 +1 0.750 3
4 Perinpanland 2 0 1 1 0 1 −1 0.250 1
5 Torisakia 2 0 0 2 4 6 −2 0.000 0
6 Ko-oren 2 0 0 2 2 4 −2 0.000 0

Group Four
Yuznetovian Julia 2–0 Svengarda
Vaugania 0–4 Polar Islandstates
Bongo Johnson 0–1 Mantwenic

Group Four                         Pld    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD    Win %   Pts 
1 Mantwenic 2 2 0 0 4 1 +3 1.000 4
2 Polar Islandstates 2 1 1 0 5 1 +4 0.750 3
3 Bongo Johnson 2 1 0 1 1 1 0 0.500 2
4 Yuznetovian Julia 2 1 0 1 2 1 +1 0.500 2
5 Svengarda 2 0 1 1 1 3 −2 0.250 1
6 Vaugania 2 0 0 2 1 7 −6 0.000 0

Group Five
Weatherdon 0–0 Sicoutimont
Soviet Quebexico 2–3 Nopspri
Darmen
4–2 Mapletish

1 Darmen 2 2 0 0 6 3 +3 1.000 4
2 Sicoutimont 2 1 1 0 5 4 +1 0.750 3
3 Nopspri 2 1 0 1 7 7 0 0.500 2
4 Mapletish 2 1 0 1 5 5 0 0.500 2
5 Weatherdon 2 0 1 1 1 2 −1 0.250 1
6 Soviet Quebexico 2 0 0 2 3 6 −3 0.000 0

Group Six
THRILLEDGE 0–0 The Gypsies
Thisbia 1–0 Thatius
Apox 0–4 Byfugland

Group Six                          Pld    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD    Win %   Pts 
1 Byfugland 2 1 1 0 4 0 +4 0.750 3
2 Thisbia 2 1 1 0 1 0 +1 0.750 3
THRILLEDGE 2 1 1 0 1 0 +1 0.750 3
4 The Gypsies 2 0 2 0 1 1 0 0.500 2
5 Thatius 2 0 1 1 1 2 −1 0.250 1
6 Apox 2 0 0 2 0 5 −5 0.000 0

Group Seven
The Scandinavian Islands 0–2 Shofercia
TaQud 0–1 Sheltopia
Mohawk Clans 0–0 Royal Kingdom of Quebec

Group Seven                        Pld    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD    Win %   Pts 
1 Sheltopia 2 2 0 0 3 0 +3 1.000 4
2 Mohawk Clans 2 1 1 0 1 0 +1 0.750 3
3 TaQud 2 1 0 1 4 4 0 0.500 2
4 Shofercia 2 1 0 1 2 2 0 0.500 2
5 Royal Kingdom of Quebec 2 0 1 1 3 4 −1 0.250 1
6 The Scandinavian Islands 2 0 0 2 0 3 −3 0.000 0

Group Eight
Vilita and Turori 1–0 Raxillion
The Jahistic Union Republic 1–1 Kingdom of Phoenixia
Camwood 1–2 Civil Citizenry

Group Eight                        Pld    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD    Win %   Pts 
1 Civil Citizenry 2 2 0 0 7 3 +4 1.000 4
2 Camwood 2 1 0 1 3 3 0 0.500 2
3 Vilita and Turori 2 1 0 1 2 2 0 0.500 2
4 Kingdom of Phoenixia 2 0 2 0 1 1 0 0.500 2
5 Raxillion 2 0 1 1 0 1 −1 0.250 1
6 The Jahistic Union Republic 2 0 1 1 3 6 −3 0.250 1

Group Nine
Port Hawthorne 1–0 Maklohi Vai
Northern Sunrise Islands 2–0 Licentiapacisterra
Cassadaigua 1–1 Falconwhereeveryouare

Group Nine                         Pld    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD    Win %   Pts 
1 Northern Sunrise Islands 2 2 0 0 6 2 +4 1.000 4
2 Port Hawthorne 2 1 1 0 3 2 +1 0.750 3
3 Licentiapacisterra 2 1 0 1 1 2 −1 0.500 2
4 Cassadaigua 2 0 2 0 3 3 0 0.500 2
5 Falconwhereeveryouare 2 0 1 1 3 5 −2 0.250 1
6 Maklohi Vai 2 0 0 2 0 2 −2 0.000 0

Group Ten
Ziketonia 0–0 Soviet Canuckistan
Valanora 2–0 His Great Kingdom
Estope 1–3 Havl

Group Ten                          Pld    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD    Win %   Pts 
1 Valanora 2 2 0 0 8 1 +7 1.000 4
2 Soviet Canuckistan 2 1 1 0 2 0 +2 0.750 3
3 Havl 2 1 0 1 4 7 −3 0.500 2
4 Estope 2 1 0 1 4 4 0 0.500 2
5 Ziketonia 2 0 1 1 1 3 −2 0.250 1
6 His Great Kingdom 2 0 0 2 0 4 −4 0.000 0

Group Eleven
Western Cuba 4–3 Falconfar
Qazox 3–1 Birolika
Andossa Se Mitrin Vega 1–0 Audioslava

Group Eleven                       Pld    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD    Win %   Pts 
1 Qazox 2 2 0 0 5 2 +3 1.000 4
2 Western Cuba 2 2 0 0 5 3 +2 1.000 4
3 Birolika 2 1 0 1 5 5 0 0.500 2
4 Andossa Se Mitrin Vega 2 1 0 1 1 1 0 0.500 2
5 Audioslava 2 0 0 2 1 3 −2 0.000 0
6 Falconfar 2 0 0 2 5 8 −3 0.000 0
Last edited by Michael VII on Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My timezone, Southern Winter (Current Time): NZST, UTC +12, Southern Summer: NZDT, UTC +13

NSCF 5 Champions
Qualified for World Cup 62
Hosted World T20 Championships I, Baptism of Iron X, World Bowl 17, World Cup of Hockey XIX, World Bowl 19

Domestic Sportswire

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 17, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Qazox » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:20 am

Alpha: Well that was interesting to say the least.

Omega: What do you mean?

Alpha: Qazox got lucky again tonight.

Omega: You mean the penalty shot? Rice was drug down from behind on a breakaway, what else could the referee call?

Alpha: I'm still not impressed with this team.

Omega: 5 goals in 2 games.. just shaking off the rust.

Alpha: Whatever. The Commissioner's supposedly going to be attending the next home game, and if he doesn't like what he sees...

Omega: What? He's going to give total control over to you? I highly doubt it. But what did you think of David Mucah's debut?

Alpha: Pedestrian. He stopped only 16 shots. But I suppose you'll spin that to say that the defense was playing that great.

Omega: Well they did. And who cares how many shots he faced, given that Jekin's brother was shot last night and Buck's still nursing a MCL injury, what other choice did we have?

Alpha: Lucky for him he wasn't playing one of the better teams in the group.

SCORING SUMMARY:
Qazox: Ivan Mzachinov (2) (assisted by: Nathan Holsten) PP 7:14 1st period. 1-0 Qazox
Qazox: Mark Gelan (assisted by: Coby Branch and Saul Fischer) 3:05 2nd period. 2-0 Qazox
Birolika: Mark Pelav (assisted by: Bob Yam and Pete Harkin) 11:35 2nd period. 2-1 Qazox
Qazox: Cam Rice (unassisted) Penalty Shot 6:11 3rd period. 3-1 Qazox
Wikipage/Qazox National Football Team
Qualified for World Cups 31, 33, 35-50, 54-59, 61, 62. Runners-up: CoH 52
Baptism of Fire 44 (w/Mangolana); World Baseball Classics 1, 4, 5, 10, 13 and 23; World Cup of Hockey 7 and 14; World Bowls IV & IX; IBC X; Baptism of Iron III and VIII; NSCAA Tourney II, III (conferences/regionals), The OXEN Cup; the TOUR de QAZOX, Qazoxian Sports Festival and NS X-Games/Winter X-Games I.
World Cups of Hockey 4 & 6; World Baseball Classics 6, 8 and 9, World Bowls 3 and XXI; Draggonnii Inviyatii V, IBC XI
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

Andossa Se Mitrin Vega
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Andossa Se Mitrin Vega » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:05 am

Have you ever seen the Colloseum with its majestic stone pillars and soaring arches rising from the ground like the bones of some long forgotten beast? Have you ever stepped foot on the arena floor to see the galleries rise up into the vaulted heights? Have you ever paid homage to one of the greatest feats of architecture and engineering the world has ever seen?

Now picture an arena so similar upon first glance from the stadii floor that one would have to second guess his own location. Then add to it a million or more touches that only the Khord (Dwarves) can produce and an elegance only they can replicate when building with stone. Buttresses, statues, and carvings. Images of days long forgotten in the history of Men. Grandeur in and of itself simply because it is. Has your mind developed that image? Good, for we are just beginning.

Now picture the same set far below the lands of Man, in the eternal realm of stone known simply by most as the Underdark. Let your mind see it as it is - carved in one singular whole from the Pentelic Marble heart of the Khord’s own Holy Mountain. Can you see the pillars rising and the arches soaring overhead in all of their translucent glory, the soft white light of the ancient stadii pulsing ever so slightly as if the place were nearly alive? Can you see the seamless work of the Khord stonemasons as one flows into the other. Can you see the multi-colored sparkle from the thousands of precious gemstones that encrust the vaulted ceiling more than 500 meters overhead?

Now turn your attention to the stadii floor and look upon the crystalline ice that has been illuminated from below by the ingenuity of the Khord engineers. See the surface where teams will play, glittering without the aid of lights or sun. Feel the cool cavern breeze as it wafts across the ice and into the throngs of Khord that fill the galleries. This is the beauty of Undermountain Stadium Cavern.

Now move your attention to the Khord themselves as they fill the stadii with there lust to see more of this game. See their beards of black, brown, red, and gray wag up and down as they chant in unison, their deep voices causing stone and ice alike to vibrate with their power. Feel the rumble in your bones as the most ancient of races stomps and jumps to show their passion for the game. Listen as the cacophony of noise fills your ears, your head, your body. This is the power of the Khord.

Now it comes time to combine the two, for one is naught without the other. See the pulsing, ambient light and hear the earth-moving chants. And then twist it around. Hear the pulsing ambient light and see the earth-moving chants. Feel them both in your soul. This is the glory of Ice Dragon Hockey.
Champions: AORBC II (Women's Champs); AOHC IV; Cup of Harmony 44, 49, & 54; Baptism of Iron VBrevity Challenge Cup 3
2nd Place: WC64
3rd Place: WC59; WC61WC65
WC Quarterfinals- 53,58,60
Qualified for WC Proper - 27,28,29,30,53,54,56,58,59,60,61,63,64,65
Host: Draggonnii Inviyatii; BoF 17 ; World Bowl XII; BoF43 (with K&P);World Cup 58 (with QPeMA)World Cup 61 (with Valanora)

AO is, as they say, THE PLACE.
Those of you whom we consider friends and respect here on NS are welcome to join us on FB. Simply TG me and We will set it in motion.

Sicoutimont
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sicoutimont » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:19 am

"Welcome back to Real Housewives of Cote-Manicougan," the tv blared.

"God no," replied Seamus Sinclair. The time was 11:02 local time, and Team Sicoutimont were gathered around the only television that got a Sicoutian signal-probably in the whole nation. "Sinc, ther's notin' else we can watch 'n Sicoutian French! Suck it up, you could'a picked if you didn't hit that post 'gainst Weatherdon, we woulda won," replied captain Jean-Luc Desjardins. Sinclair backed away to the small fridge, where he pulled out an Energy Drink. "Screw you guys, I'm going outside," he spit out. The team laughed, and kept watching. The show came back on just as Sinclair walked out the door of the room. "Last time on Real Housewives, Dana and Ashley fought with Annemarie after the latter spiled her drink on Dana's carpet, and Annemarie refused to clean it up...". "Man, do they maybe have a sports channel?", piped up Louis Lefay.

Sinclair was in the surprisingly large elevator when this all went down. He typed in ground floor, and was there 20 seconds flat. He stepped out the door of the hotel, and was now on the streets of the city of Aubany's downtown core. He walked down the street, and by 12:21 local time, he decided to get a bite to eat. He headed into the local Exotic Foods place to see if they had anything Sicoutian-not really a cuisine, per se-like a nice cut of beluga whale. To his luck, they did. The waiter even said he'd like to visit Sicoutimont someday. Seamus quicly finished his meal, and was getting up to leave to pay the bill. "Mr. Sinclair, I need to see your passport....." said the waiter. Seamus was shocked, and said "This is a restaurant, you don't need to see my passport......." The waiter removed his black uniform to reveal a suit and tie. "I'm Officer Drouin, Sicoutian International-Domestican Police," the man replied. "And trust me, I need to see your passport......".

Back at the hotel, the team had quit on RealityTVSicoutimont, and were now focused on the Jenga game going on in the middle of the room between Etienne Goubert and Louis Lefay. JP Dandenault, who had been at dinner with some other team members, came into the hotel room just as Goubert had made the tower shake with fury. The restaurant had given him a fork afterwards, for some reason-he didn't understand the man-and threw it at the Jenga tower. "C'mon man, Cote-Manicougan kinda failed on us and the police warned us for being too loud on the street! 'Parently they don't let ya throw water bottles at birds here!". "Oh yeah, coach, Desj and I were looking at you guys doin' that! We ere laughin' and makin' fun a ya..... 'Oh, Mister, please let me throw my bottle at that pigeon up der!'". Anyway, Coach wants me to tell ya that 'gainst Soviet Quebiexico, you're starting Lefay." "When we get home, first thing I'm doing is never coming back to any of these country's we'v been too.......guy can't even play Jenga here!" shouted Lefay..... when suddenly on RealityTVSicoutimont, the news came on. Seamus Sinclair's face was on... the headline? "Hockey defensemen arrested for illegal passport".
(OOC: For Soviet Quebixico's RP purposes, this next game will take place in St-Simeon.)
Democratic Green Republic of Sicoutimont
Population: 110,500,000 | Capital: Lac-Drouin | Language: Sicoutian | Country Code: SIC

Under the wise leadership of Chairman Alphonse Pomeroy we will brighten our future!

Maklohi Vai
Minister

Founded: Jan 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Maklohi Vai » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:55 am

The Vaian team is in uproar over the last match against Port Hawthorne due to a controversial series of hooking penalties called against Vaian defensemen. There were faceoffs after faceoffs in the Vaian zone, and the defense eventually broke down and let in the only goal of the match. Reports later circulated that the team had calmed down by a couple hours after the game, but that there was still talk of an official protest. Team official Nutorao Kamolaipani said, "We're not through with this yet. We're definitely not through."
"For the glory of our people, we govern our nation freely. For the glory of Polynesia, we help and strengthen our friends. For the glory of the earth, we do not destroy what it has bestowed upon us."
Demonym: Vaian
-Kamanakai Oa'a Pani, first president of Maklohi Vai
-6.13/-8.51 - as of 7/18
Hosted: MVBT 1; WBC 27; Friendly Cups 7, 9; (co-) NSCAA 5
Former President, WBC; WBC Councillor
Senator Giandomenico Abruzzi, Workers Party of Galatea
Administrator
Former:
Head Administrator
Beto Goncalves, Chair, CTA
Abraham Kamassi, Chair, Labour Party of Elizia
President of Calaverde Eduardo Bustamante; Leader, LDP
President of Baltonia Dovydas Kanarigis; Leader, LDP
President of Aurentina Wulukuno Porunalakai; Leader, Progress Coa.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports