NATION

PASSWORD

World Baseball Classic 23 Everything thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Falconfar
Envoy

Founded: Sep 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Falconfar » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:30 pm

Truth: The Imperials finished worse this season than the previous tournament, finishing with a 3-7 record.

The man in the white suit wasn't too pleased about that. But he had finished what the Queen told him to do. He had about ten hours of footage...

And he took it to the Queen's office.

To follow, please read the last RP for Unified Falcon in the WC 61 thread.
Former Puppet of Chromatika
Currently another Northern Sunrise Islands puppet

Western cuba
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Western cuba » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:27 pm

Béisbol en La Mañana
Con Diego y Miguel

Announcer:
Diego:
Miguel:

Welcome to another edition of Béisbol en La Mañana, con Diego y Miguel on WCSN Radio brought to you by Abarquez, the official sports drink of the national baseball team.

"Well we did it, we won the group. Now we have the third seed, and to tell you the truth I think it was the perfect seed for us".

"Why would you think that?"

"If we earned the number one seed, that would just increase the pressure of us repeating. Now the pressure is off. And were facing Maklohi Vai, perhaps the weakest team in the knockout rounds. I don't see much of a problem sweeping this team".

"I have a feeling that Maklohi Vai is a lot like Melatia though, we have to keep our eyes open and not let our heads down. I'll be pretty upset if we don't sweep them when you come to think of it. If we don't, we really don't deserve to win the classic".

"Sadly I agree with you on that. But if we do not sweep Maklohi Vai, we better try our best at still winning that classic!"

"So what do you think of Fredek Fenyak starting in Game 1".

"I don't mind it, especially against a mediocre team like Maklohi Vai. After two starts, Fredek should be ready for a big game in Game 1".

"Maybe a little sympathy is needed for Maklohi Vai though, were not giving them any credit. They still made it to the knockout rounds and finished second in there group. Even if that group was weaker than the other ones".

"That group did feature #2 seed Taeshan though".

"Yeah, but in my opinion that was the only true strong team in that group. While are group was weaker than it was predicted to be, the Equestrian States are still a stronger team than Maklohi Vai. Not to mention our group still had Camwood".

"Yeah, but Camwood, I don't know what was wrong with them this classic. I don't remember seeing a top twenty team finish with a record of 3-6 just a thing like that seems so weird".

"There has been a lot of strange things this classic, Lycrabon didn't qualify. And they had a 8-2 record in there group!"

"In my opinion, they were more deserving of a spot in the knockout rounds than some of the teams currently in it. Hopefully the elimination won't affect there team's performance in the next classic. It would be a bummer, I always get excited when Western Cuba faces Lycrabon even since our meeting in the finals a few classics ago. Revenge wouldn't be as sweet though if it was done when there team was performing poorly".

"If they still play like they did this classic, they won't be performing poorly. They did fine physically this classic, luck didn't come to them though. I guess they just got to keep strong mentally throughout the off-season".

"So who do you think is the dark horse team in the knockout rounds?"

"I would have to say the Equestrian States, they were pretty impressive when they defeated us in the second half of match days. They face a very tough Milchama team, and that is where they will be tested. If they beat Milchama, they in my opinion have a chance at playing the finals".

The finals! Wow that is a pretty bold statement. You that confident in them? They did defeat us, but that was because of relief issues with our pitching core".

"And there are no excuses, the Equestrian States deserved that win."

"I suppose your right, however though if we face the States again. They won't be getting another win, they better not".

"The excitement is just taking over my body right now, I can't wait to turn on the television tonight and to watch Western Cuba win at Rockport Stadium. The country of Qazox is such a storied place for baseball".

"Oh I know, I was so excited when it was announced that Qazox was hosting this classic. I was disappointed I couldn't make it to Game 1 for Western Cuba. I'll be traveling to Qazox for Game 2".

"And I'll be there right with you, it's going to be a fun series. And tomorrow we will be on tv in case you fans don't know. It will be our first television broadcast of Beisbol en la Manana. So don't miss out on it. And especially don't miss out on tonight's game".

"We're are at the end of our show tonight folks. We'll see you tomorrow, and on tv!
Now known as the Technological State of Adros, the successor state of Western Cuba

Maklohi Vai
Minister

Founded: Jan 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Maklohi Vai » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:00 pm

Many Vaian players were watching the news recently when a story about their upcoming series with Western Cuba came onto the news. Specifically, the story talked about how some of the main baseball commentators in Western Cuba had been dismissing Maklohi Vai as an easy series, and how anything but a sweep would be disappointing. Commentator Wolmoto Likani had some choice words for the Cuban announcers:

"We understand that we are underdogs, that we are in our first tournament facing the number one team in the world. But we fight. From the time of the ancestors, we, the Vaian people, have stood up for ourselves. We back down from no challenge, and we do not quit, even when the fight is done. For every fight started is a fight that eternally is present. In defeat, we do not have shame because we know that we have performed to the fullest extent of our abilities. We fight because we are Maklohi Vai, and we are Maklohi Vai because our ancestors fought. If you fight, victory will come. It may not come quickly, nor at the first battle, but it will come."
"For the glory of our people, we govern our nation freely. For the glory of Polynesia, we help and strengthen our friends. For the glory of the earth, we do not destroy what it has bestowed upon us."
Demonym: Vaian
-Kamanakai Oa'a Pani, first president of Maklohi Vai
-6.13/-8.51 - as of 7/18
Hosted: MVBT 1; WBC 27; Friendly Cups 7, 9; (co-) NSCAA 5
Former President, WBC; WBC Councillor
Senator Giandomenico Abruzzi, Workers Party of Galatea
Administrator
Former:
Head Administrator
Beto Goncalves, Chair, CTA
Abraham Kamassi, Chair, Labour Party of Elizia
President of Calaverde Eduardo Bustamante; Leader, LDP
President of Baltonia Dovydas Kanarigis; Leader, LDP
President of Aurentina Wulukuno Porunalakai; Leader, Progress Coa.

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 17, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Qazox » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:59 pm

RP cutoff for the beginning of the Round of 16.

Which 8 teams will move 1 win closer to the quarterfinals?
Wikipage/Qazox National Football Team
Qualified for World Cups 31, 33, 35-50, 54-59, 61, 62. Runners-up: CoH 52
Baptism of Fire 44 (w/Mangolana); World Baseball Classics 1, 4, 5, 10, 13 and 23; World Cup of Hockey 7 and 14; World Bowls IV & IX; IBC X; Baptism of Iron III and VIII; NSCAA Tourney II, III (conferences/regionals), The OXEN Cup; the TOUR de QAZOX, Qazoxian Sports Festival and NS X-Games/Winter X-Games I.
World Cups of Hockey 4 & 6; World Baseball Classics 6, 8 and 9, World Bowls 3 and XXI; Draggonnii Inviyatii V, IBC XI
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Round of 16: Game 1

Postby Qazox » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:07 pm

Series E
Thrilledge (THRL) 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1
Darmen (DARM) 0 2 0 3 0 0 0 0 X 5

Series E Pld W L
1 Darmen 1 1 0
2 Thrilledge 1 0 1

Series F
Civil Citizenry (CVCZ) 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 4
Sakurakoku (SAKU) 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3

Series F Pld W L
1 Civil Citizenry 1 1 0
2 Sakurakoku 1 0 1

Series G
Michael VII (MIK7) 1 4 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 7
Yesopalitha (YESO) 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1

Series G Pld W L
1 Michael VII 1 1 0
2 Yesopalitha 1 0 1

Series H
Equestrian States (EQST) 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1
Milchama (MLCH) 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 2

Series H Pld W L
1 Milchama 1 1 0
2 Equestrian States 1 0 1

Series I
Homelands our (HMLO) 0 0 0 0 3 1 0 0 0 4
Taeshan (TAES) 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 2

Series I Pld W L
1 Homelands our 1 1 0
2 Taeshan 1 0 1

Series J (Scorinated by: Yesopalitha)
Qazox (QAZX) 0 0 0 4 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 4
Saugeais (SAUG) 1 2 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 7

Series J Pld W L
1 Saugeais 1 1 0
2 Qazox 1 0 1

Series K
Maklohi Vai (MAKV) 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Western Cuba (WCBA) 1 0 3 2 0 2 0 0 X 8

Series K Pld W L
1 Western Cuba 1 1 0
2 Maklohi Vai 1 0 1

Series L
Cotdelapoms (COTD) 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1
Byfugland (BYFG) 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Series L Pld W L
1 Cotdelapoms 1 1 0
2 Byfugland 1 0 1
Baptism of Fire 44 (w/Mangolana); World Baseball Classics 1, 4, 5, 10, 13 and 23; World Cup of Hockey 7 and 14; World Bowls IV & IX; IBC X; Baptism of Iron III and VIII; NSCAA Tourney II, III (conferences/regionals), The OXEN Cup; the TOUR de QAZOX, Qazoxian Sports Festival and NS X-Games/Winter X-Games I.
World Cups of Hockey 4 & 6; World Baseball Classics 6, 8 and 9, World Bowls 3 and XXI; Draggonnii Inviyatii V, IBC XI
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Qazox » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:34 pm

Qazox (QAZX)               0 0 0 4 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 4
Saugeais (SAUG) 1 2 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 7

2 outs when winning runs scored.

Qazox loses in marathon Game 1.

For the second time this WBC, Qazox lost in a 17-inning game, this time at the bat of Saugeais' Radcliff Snyder, who launched a 3-run walk-off HR at 3:12 am to give the Rangers a 1-0 series lead. Ramon McDonald went 8 innings, as did Franklin Nopro for Saugeais. But once again, Qazox' bullpen ran out of gas first, despite 8 scorless innings by Sean Leva, Terry Olney, Aaron Smith and David Scott combined. But Desmond Montero, who hadn't pitched since the 17-inning loss to Rustika about a week ago. For Game two, Sean Reyes will seek to keep Qazox' hopes alive against Kelvin Lane.

SCORING SUMMARY
Saugeais 1st: (McDonald pitching) Atterbury singled to right. Atterbury stole second. Garner struck out. Dairon singled to right, Atterbury scored. Silva flied out to left. Snyder grounded out to short. 1 run on 2 hits, 1 LOB 1-0 Saugeais.

Saugeais 2nd: Hoefler 410ft HR to right-center, Hoefler scored. Wilkinson singled to center. Joubert doubled to left, Wilkinson to third. Siekert struck out looking. Atterbury flied out to center, Wilkinson scored. Garner grounded out to 2nd. 2 runs on 3 hits, 1 LOB. 3-0 Saugeais.

Qazox 4th: Jimenez doubled to left. Hamilton walked. Dodge doubled to right-center, Jimenez and Hamilton scored. Zimmerman flied out to right. Espinoza singled to left, Dodge to third. Santos singled to center, Dodge scored, Espinoza to second. Lee flied out to right-center, Espinoza to third. Bryant singled to third, Espinoza scored, Santos to second. Hodgman struck out. 4 runs on 5 hits, 2 LOB. 4-3 Qazox

Saugeais 4th: Wilkinson singled to right. Joubert flied out to center. Siekert reached on Dodge throwing error, Wilkinson to third, Siekert to second. Atterbury sacrificed to first, Wilkinson scored, Siekert to third. Garner flied out to right. 1 run on 1 hit, 1 error, 1 LOB. 4-4

Saugeais 17th: (Desmond Montero pitching, Brian Garnett in for Ryan Dodge at 3rd). Atterbury singled to right. Garner singled to left, Atterbury to second. Dairon struck out. Silva grounded into fielder's choice (4-6), Atterbury to third, Garner out at second. Snyder 378ft HR to left, Atterbury, Silva and Snyder scored. 3 runs on 3 hits, 0 LOB. 7-4 Saugeais
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

Taeshan
Senator

Founded: Aug 11, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Taeshan » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:47 pm

"So we win 8 straight games, win our group and then lose to Homelands Our in the first playoff game...I mean wtf were you guys doing out there."

"Not playing well coach. Not playing well at all."

"Its quite impressive that they even fielded a team considering the recent turmoil in their homeland."

"Turmoil in their homeland?"

"Yeah they fell into the ocean a few weeks ago. Didn't you hear? It was all the rave throughout Rushmore. They had this annoying government...Not many liked them."

"You mean you watch the news? Who does that anymore?"

"People with too much free time, coach."

"And with all this freetime perhaps you have time to run some more laps you idiot."

"Yes, sir."
Champions - Copa Rushmori 22, Cup of Harmony 35, Di Bradini Cup 19, World Baseball Classic 13, Gridiron World Championships (World Bowl 0), World Bowl 34, World Lacrosse Championship 2

World Cup Qualifications-41, 44, 46, 59, 61(RoS), 62(Quarterfinals), 63 (RoS), 64 (Quarterfinals), 83, 84 (RoS), 85, 87

Hosts-Cup of Harmony 55, Copa Rushmori 14, Sporting World Cup 10,
Quidditch World Cup 10, World Cup of Hockey 41, World Cup 87

Maklohi Vai
Minister

Founded: Jan 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Maklohi Vai » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:20 pm

Maklohi Vai (MAKV)         0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0  0
Western Cuba (WCBA) 1 0 3 2 0 2 0 0 X 8

Maklohi Vai had a disappointing game today at the WBC, putting them one loss away from elimination. Taking the loss, Aonmai Rutulotoa threw 6 innings while giving up 14 hits, one walk, striking out 2, and letting in 8 earned runs. Katwo threw the seventh and eighth perfectly.

Stat update:
HR: Mae'ao 11, Arnao 3, Ri'ino Ulnai 3, Aputo Roma'ai 2, Koilani Ruputuo 1, Luimao Makai 1, Moalna’akai Lai 1, Wolo Rakinalmanai 1
RBI: Mae'ao 18, Ri'ino Uilnai 8, Aputo Roma'ai 5, Arnao 5, Moalna'akai Lai 4, Koilani Ruputuo 3, Wolo Rakinalmanai 2, Luimao Makai 1

Commentator Wolmoto Likani had some thoughts after the game. "We fought hard today. It's tough facing a team with such good offense for the first time, so I think we'll do better tomorrow."
"For the glory of our people, we govern our nation freely. For the glory of Polynesia, we help and strengthen our friends. For the glory of the earth, we do not destroy what it has bestowed upon us."
Demonym: Vaian
-Kamanakai Oa'a Pani, first president of Maklohi Vai
-6.13/-8.51 - as of 7/18
Hosted: MVBT 1; WBC 27; Friendly Cups 7, 9; (co-) NSCAA 5
Former President, WBC; WBC Councillor
Senator Giandomenico Abruzzi, Workers Party of Galatea
Administrator
Former:
Head Administrator
Beto Goncalves, Chair, CTA
Abraham Kamassi, Chair, Labour Party of Elizia
President of Calaverde Eduardo Bustamante; Leader, LDP
President of Baltonia Dovydas Kanarigis; Leader, LDP
President of Aurentina Wulukuno Porunalakai; Leader, Progress Coa.

Milchama
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 29, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Milchama » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:10 pm

"Goddamnit"

"What?"

"Can't we have one game where I don't almost have a heart attack"

"No, obviously"

"Why not?"

"Well you just saw the result, ninth inning run to win the game. Almost blowing it the inning before, hoo boy that's scary"

"Yes it is"

"That's the third game like this in the past 5"

"They're the Cardiac Warriors I'm telling you"

"Doesn't make it any easier"

"True"

"Just winning the game easier would be better"

"At least they're winning, just think about how often we blow it"

"Quite often"

"Exactly"

"So then it's progress"

"I guess"

"It's a good thing"

"Yes, but it would be nice to win a blow out once in awhile. All these close games get worrying"

"It's the playoffs, it's the WBC, it's a crapshoot. We can only hope for the best"

"Fair"

"So we are and we're doing well"

"True we did win today, even if not as easily as hoped and now we have a chance to really advance"

"Yeah let's get to quarters"

"Then semis"

"Then finals"

"Then victory"

"But first let's win tomorrow"

"Yeah let's knock those ponies from this tournament"

"Before we knock them out of the CoH"

"Yes"

"Still I can't get over that finish"

"Yeah"

"Timothy getting pulled after giving up that run to tie the game, Coe shutting everybody down to end the inning"

"Runners on second and third with one out and she pulls out a strike out and a pop fly to end the inning. What a great sequence"

"Then Clyde with the leadoff double"

"I thought it was a homer for sure"

"Just off the wall, but not like it mattered"

"True, and then Krasher's single to drive him in"

"Walk off baby!"

"Yeah, just brilliant"

"Well let's hope we beat these horses"

"Yep because even if I am an excellent steel horse, the Warriors are always in charge of horses"

"Yes"

"So then let's show them whose boss"

"Come on You Warriors!"

"Let's Go Milchama!"
Milchama Sports achievements:
World Baseball Classic 23 Champion!
Note: The demonym is Milchamian. There are two of the letter "I(i)" and not one.

3x CoH winner (29, 46, 50) 3x WBC winner (4,5,23), 1x World Cup host (32) Various other minor trophies there's a football club trophy, a kleptochase trophy, Other minor international football trophies.

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Qazox » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:59 pm

RP Cutoff for Game 2. Who will sweep and who will force a Game 3?
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Round of 16: Game 2

Postby Qazox » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:02 pm

Series E
Darmen (DARM) 0 3 2 0 2 0 2 1 1 11
Thrilledge (THRL) 1 0 1 0 0 0 4 0 3 9

Series E Pld W L
1 Darmen 2 2 0
2 Thrilledge 2 0 2

Series F
Sakurakoku (SAKU) 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1
Civil Citizenry (CVCZ) 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 3 4

Series F Pld W L
1 Civil Citizenry 2 2 0
2 Sakurakoku 2 0 2

Series G
Yesopalitha (YESO) 3 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 5
Michael VII (MIK7) 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 3

Series G Pld W L
1 Michael VII 2 1 1
Yesopalitha 2 1 1

Series H
Milchama (MLCH) 1 1 1 0 1 1 0 2 0 7
Equestrian States (EQST) 0 0 1 0 0 2 0 0 3 6

Series H Pld W L
1 Milchama 2 2 0
2 Equestrian States 2 0 2

Series I
Taeshan (TAES) 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 1 1 4
Homelands our (HMLO) 0 1 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 3

Series I Pld W L
1 Homelands our 2 1 1
Taeshan 2 1 1

Series J (scorinated by Yesoplaitha)
Saugeais (SAUG) 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1
Qazox (QAZX) 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 X 2

Series J Pld W L
1 Saugeais 2 1 1
Qazox 2 1 1

Series K
Western Cuba (WCBA) 0 0 0 0 0 3 0 1 0 4
Maklohi Vai (MAKV) 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 2

Series K Pld W L
1 Western Cuba 2 2 0
2 Maklohi Vai 2 0 2

Series L
Byfugland (BYFG) 0 2 0 0 0 4 0 2 1 9
Cotdelapoms (COTD) 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 1 0 3

Series L Pld W L
1 Byfugland 2 1 1
Cotdelapoms 2 1 1
Last edited by Qazox on Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

Taeshan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Taeshan » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:08 pm

"Well thankfully we didnt do the unthinkable and get swept by a team from Homelands Our. Which i hear from Qazoxian bookmakers was below a 4 percent chance of happening."

"You and watching the news. Its like you know how stupid it would be of you to mention it. Especially around coach. Its an automatic making of him wanting to give you more running to do."

"Well it worked last time."

"Yeah, but bro. Do you really wanna run for all of your life."

"If it wins games."

"Do you wanna be a winner all of your life."

"I would hope to be a winner all of my life."

"Tut tut. Yeah right."

"Whatever we have another game to win if we want to play some more this season. To be fair i want to play some more this season and not lose to a team like...them. So lets run."
Champions - Copa Rushmori 22, Cup of Harmony 35, Di Bradini Cup 19, World Baseball Classic 13, Gridiron World Championships (World Bowl 0), World Bowl 34, World Lacrosse Championship 2

World Cup Qualifications-41, 44, 46, 59, 61(RoS), 62(Quarterfinals), 63 (RoS), 64 (Quarterfinals), 83, 84 (RoS), 85, 87

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Qazox » Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:41 am

Saugeais (SAUG)           1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1
Qazox (QAZX) 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 X 2

Qazox forces Game 3 thanks to Reyes' gem.

Sean Reyes gave up only 3 hits, none after the first inning, striking out a carrer high 14, as Qazox edged Saugeais 2-1 to force a deciding game 3 later tonight. After allowing hits to the first 2 batters, Sean Reyes would retire 27 of the next 31 batters he faced, allowing just one hit and walking 3. But Kelvin Lane for the Rangers matched Reyes for 6 innings at least, allowing just 2 hits in that timeframe. But Qazox scrambled home a run in the 7th, mostly due to Wolfe Wilkinson' throwing error with 2 outs, that extended the inning. For game 3 tonight Mark Hummel will take the mound against Grier Adrichem.

SCORING SUMMARY
Saugeais 1st: (Reyes pitching) Atterbury singled to right. Garner singled to center, Atterbury to third. Dairon struck out. Silva singled to right, Atterbury scored, Garner to second. Snyder struck out. Hoefler flied out to center. 1 run on 3 hits, 2 LOB 1-0 Saugeais.

Qazox 3rd: Lee doubled to left. Bryant singled to center, Lee to third. Hodgman grounded into 4-6-3 double play, Lee scored, Bryant out at second. Jimenez struck out looking. 1 run on 2 hits, 0 LOB. 1-1.

Qazox 7th: Dodge struck out. Zimmerman grounded out to second. Espinoza reached on Wilkinson's throwing error, Espinoza to second on play. Santos singled to right-center, Espinoza scored. Lee flied out to center. 1 run on 1 hit, 1 error, 1 LOB. 2-1 Qazox
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

Yesopalitha
Minister

Founded: Sep 01, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Yesopalitha » Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:00 pm

Mohammed Boisse may be the youngest and newest member to the Assassins' pitching staff, but he is no stranger to big games.

Now, he will be facing Michael VII in the biggest one of his young career.

The Assassins did manage to tie up the series at one apiece thanks to Victor Van Cruz's gem after Melody Johanson's meltdown.

Now, it is up to Boisse.

Will the Assassins strike from the shadows and escape? Or will they fall?

Will the fans know why they are the Assassins this early? Or will they have to wait?

It all really depends on the right arm of Mohammed Boisse.

And perhaps a few lucky hits, or some not so lucky, may help, after all.

Game 3. There is nothing more exciting in a best-to-two series.

Nothing.
Motto: Perseverantia saeculorum Note: I prefer to be known as YSP over YES if you use abbreviations.
Proud Original Member of Mystria

Puppet Nation of Chromatika

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Qazox » Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:58 pm

RP cutoff for Game 3's. Who will reach the quarterfinals? Will anyone else RP anymore??

Find out soon!
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Round of 16: Game 3

Postby Qazox » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:11 pm

Series E                   Pld   W  L 
1 Darmen 2 2 0
2 Thrilledge 2 0 2

Series F Pld W L
1 Civil Citizenry 2 2 0
2 Sakurakoku 2 0 2

Series G
Michael VII (MIK7) 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1
Yesopalitha (YESO) 0 0 1 2 2 0 0 1 X 6

Series G Pld W L
1 Yesopalitha 3 2 1
2 Michael VII 3 1 2

Series H Pld W L
1 Milchama 2 2 0
2 Equestrian States 2 0 2

Series I
Homelands our (HMLO) 0 1 1 0 1 1 0 0 0 1 2 7
Taeshan (TAES) 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 0 1 1 0 5

Series I Pld W L
1 Homelands our 3 2 1
2 Taeshan 3 1 2

Series J (Scorinated by Yesopalitha)
Qazox (QAZX) 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 3 4
Saugeais (SAUG) 2 0 0 0 1 3 0 0 x 6

Series J Pld W L
1 Saugeais 3 2 1
2 Qazox 3 1 2

Series K Pld W L
1 Western Cuba 2 2 0
2 Maklohi Vai 2 0 2

Series L
Cotdelapoms (COTD) 2 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 1 5
Byfugland (BYFG) 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Series L Pld W L
1 Cotdelapoms 3 2 1
2 Byfugland 3 1 2

NOTE: Taeshan advances due to Homelands our CTE.

QUARTERFINAL MATCHUPS
Series M: #1 Darmen v. #11 Cotdelapoms @ Eric Riesen Field, Bruxen
Series N: #4 Yesopalitha v. #5 Milchama @ National Stadium, Fromburg
Series O: #2 Taeshan v. #9 Civil Citizenry @ National Stadium, Fromburg
Series P: #3 Western Cuba v. #7 Saugeais @ Eric Reisen Field, Bruxen
Last edited by Qazox on Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

Western cuba
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Western cuba » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:24 am

Béisbol en La Mañana
Con Diego y Miguel

Announcer:
Diego:
Miguel:

Welcome to another edition of Béisbol en La Mañana, con Diego y Miguel on WCSN Radio brought to you by Luzano, the official razor of the national baseball team and WCSN.

"Well that was a fun series to watch. Fredek Fenyak finally proved to us that he still is the weapon that we thought he used to be. Now he still is, that three-hitter shut-out he pitched was a true gem, and he lasted all nine innings. That was some great work by Fenyak. And then Diego Maradona had a pretty decent game in Game 2 to close the series for us."

"And guess who we have to face now"

"Yep quite different from the unranked team we just faced right, to tell you the truth. This quarter-final matchup should be the championship."

"And it was last time, speaking of last time. Saugeais is probably fueled for revenge after that lost last classic in the championship. I don't think were going to give in to them though".

"Well I expect that, look at the two pitchers we have starting off this series. Torres and Rivero, who have so far been the best pitchers on this team during WBC 23. We just have to hope that Torres does not further injure his groin".

"That may be one of the series deciding factors, injuries. If we stay healthy, were the favorites to win and shouldn't have a problem doing so. If we don't, were in for a problem. This Saugeais team is nothing like the last team we faced. They have plenty of experience in baseball".

"It just stinks though, the number one and the number three teams in the world facing off against each other in the quarter-finals. The quarter-finals! If this was to happen I was expecting at least semi-finals and mainly the championship. It's just a shocker to me. Saugeais is put down as a #7 seed, let me tell you. Saugeais is no #7 seed!".

"This will prove to be a very interesting classic. So tell me, who are you most worried about from this Saugeais roster?"

"Well from last classic, the name Atterberry defiantly clicks into my mind. He's a great second basemen and a great hitter. Not to mention he is the lead-off hitter for Saugeais. If he gets hot and connects on the first pitch of the game off of Torres tonight. I have the feeling the rest of the lineup will follow suit".

"While I think we have a more talented roster, to tell you the truth I'm kind of scared. This team wants revenge big time, and are probably not going to back down anytime this series. It's going to be a long and hard one. I'm not doubting my team, and I think they will pull it out. However it's going to be a hard battle".

"Probably, as much as I would love the sweep. Let's be true about this, it's probably not going to happen. Still I'm frustrated this is a quarter-final matchup. This could easily be the finals".

"Well at least we have the support of the host, who Saugeais just knocked out. They've been having quite the rivalry the last few classics. With Saugeais knocking them out again, I doubt Qazox will be rooting against us this series".

"So in a way we have home field advantage at Eric Riesen Field, we have our fans attending and then we have citizens of Qazox who earned themselves tickets to this Quarter-Final matchup".

"And even though Qazox has been eliminated, there in for a treat".

"It will be a even bigger treat if we eliminate Saugeais. But sadly look at the time, we have to go Western Cuba. Miguel and I will be at Eric Riesen field tonight though, so hopefully we will see some of you guys there".
Last edited by Western cuba on Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Now known as the Technological State of Adros, the successor state of Western Cuba

Saugeais
Minister

Founded: Jul 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Saugeais » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:33 am

"Hey there! Have you been keeping up with the series?"

"Yeah, more so than the blogger I was following. I can't believe we actually made it to the quarter finals. Especially after this exciting game 3. Game 2 was just a mess"

"Well you shouldn't look any further than the first game to explain why we performed so poor in the second. 16 innings is not something someone can just go out and do, and expect to do the exact same thing the next day. Fatigue was a major factor, and manager Greg Hanson was a little late in subbing out players."

"Yeah, don't know why he thought it was a good idea to wait until the 13th inning before taking out some of the starters. But still, Radcliff Snyder was the hero of that game, sending us home late with a three run shot to win the game 7-4."

"In the second game, yeah I agree there were some visible signs to fatigue amongst the players. That would explain why after the first inning, the bats fell silent, only getting two more hits for the rest of the game. Kelvin Lane was solid for us pitching, put key errors in the 3rd and 7th were what cost us the game. A double, a single, then a fielders choice double play allowed them to score to tie it up. Then after a throwing error, Qazox scored their second run off a single to right. The game could have also gone to extras, in my opinion, if Lane was taken out at that point, by that's in the past now."

"You say that only because we were lucky in the 3rd game. Jumped out to a 2 run lead early after an Aaron Dairon home run also brought in Marek Atterbury, who led off with a single. Four more runs were peppered in in the 5th and 6th innings, thanks to the small ball plays of Hervé Hoefler, Nikolas Siekert, Atterbury, Dairon, and Radcliff Snyder. It was 6-1 at that point and we looked to have the game well in hand."

"But, as was the problem in the group stages, the bullpen almost blew the game again. You'd think in situations like these, Hanson would never, ever use Weston Wheelock again, not after he blew the first two games of the groups. Well out he trotted in the 9th inning, relieving Koby Winter, who pitched the previous inning. He was giving up hits left and right; a single to Eric Hamilton, a double to Ryan Dodge, another double to Thomas Zimmerman, etc. until three runs came across the plate. Hanson was panicked, and had Thomas Kazmierczak warm up quickly before Wheelock threw away the game. After a walk to load the bases, "Kaz" was brought out to save the game, figuratively and literally. A strikeout and a double play ended the game, thankfully, and the Rangers move on to the quarter finals."

"We were supposed to face Milchama, but thanks to Homelands Our forfeiting their matches, Taeshan advances instead of them, causing a complete redraw. We'll now be facing Western Cuba, a team we know all too well. The rivalry is certainly there, just not as powerful as this one against Qazox and this now puts our national record at 3-1 in knockout rounds against them."

"Western Cuba went 8-2 in the group stage, and swept their opening series against Maklohi Vai. But you are referring to our history with them. Our first international matches were against them at their own tournaments many, many years back; we knocked them out, and presumably started a little rivalry between our nations in baseball. Though we haven't had many other matches since, just the fact that our little nation at the time defeated a baseball power was enough to garner that sort of attention."
The Republic of Saugeais : newswire
Founder of the AIBC
Co-host, World Cup 65
Co-host, World Cup 60 | Co-host, 47th Cup of Harmony | Co-host, Baptism of Fire 50
Hosted: 9th Winter Olympics, Copa Rushmori XV,
19th Rugby Union World Cup, Di Bradini Cup 27
Copa Rushmori VII, World Baseball Classic 21,
9th Rugby League World Cup, Market Cup 3
1st Place: Copa Rushmori 16, Cup of Harmony 58, NSCAA 4
2nd Place: World Baseball Classic 19 & 22, Gaelic Football WC 4,
Di Bradini Cup 23, CoH 54, T20 Cricket Championships 3, Rugby LWC 14
3rd Place: Copa Rushmori 5, 14, 15 & 17, Market Cup 3, RLWC 10
4th Place: DBC 15, WBC 24

Taeshan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Taeshan » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:02 pm

"Well we lost."

"Yeah i mean wtf."

"We lost a series to Homelands Our. We are officially worth it."

One of the other players comes running into the room.

"Guys we've just gotten the call from the WBC President in Saugeais and the tournament headquarters in Qazox."

"Do you have a point? I just got home from the tournament and i just kinda want to not think about baseball for a fee weeks."

"Thats my point. Homelands our was officially disqualified for not being existing and we have been pushed through in their place. We are to play in the quarterfinals."

"Oh god i hate technicalities, Do we really know if anyone exists at all anyways."

"OMG the point is we have to be in New Bruxen yesterday. Get all your stuff we are going back to Qazox."

"Oh damn, shits gotten real."

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Qazox » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:22 pm

RP cutoff for the Quartfinals Game 1. Scores up shortly.
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Quarterfinals Game 1

Postby Qazox » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:24 pm

Series M
Cotdelapoms (COTD) 0 0 0 5 0 0 0 0 0 5
Darmen (DARM) 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 3 X 6

Series M Pld W L
1 Darmen 1 1 0
2 Cotdelapoms 1 0 1

Series N
Milchama (MLCH) 1 4 0 1 0 0 0 0 2 8
Yesopalitha (YESO) 4 0 0 1 0 1 0 0 1 7

Series N Pld W L
1 Milchama 1 1 0
2 Yesopalitha 1 0 1

Series O
Civil Citizenry (CVCZ) 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 2
Taeshan (TAES) 0 0 5 2 0 0 0 0 X 7

Series O Pld W L
1 Taeshan 1 1 0
2 Civil Citizenry 1 0 1

Series P
Saugeais (SAUG) 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 3
Western Cuba (WCBA) 0 0 2 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 2 5

Series P Pld W L
1 Western Cuba 1 1 0
2 Saugeais 1 0 1
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

Western cuba
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Western cuba » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:01 am

Béisbol en La Mañana
Con Diego y Miguel

Announcer:
Diego:
Miguel:

Welcome to another edition of Béisbol en La Mañana, con Diego y Miguel on WCSN Radio brought to you by Javier Té Verde, green tea made with tea leaves grown in Western Cuba, and Western Cuba only.

"That was a classic last night, and there is no doubt about that! A game-winning home run in the 12th. Can it get any better?"

"Well it could of been in the 13th".

"Well I suppose, but you can not beat that game yesterday. You were at the stadium with me, there is no denying that was one of the best games you have seen in Western Cuban Baseball History."

"It was filled with plenty of drama."

"I'll agree with you on that. The whole fan-base's hearts probably stopped beating for a second when it looked like Torres tore his groin on the first pitch of the game yesterday, you know that shot by Atterbury that went way over the left field fence".

"That no doubt hurt watching that first pitch, and me saying that is sort of ironic. Considering the fact Torres did hurt himself on that pitch".

"I still can't believe he managed to pitch until the end of the sixth inning, allowing no runs in that time span. It was miserable but also awesome watching him pitch that whole time. The whole time Torres was clearly in pain, but still managed to dominant on the mound".

"He didn't look too good leaving the mound though, Alberto Walling, the pitching coach had to assist him in bringing him back to bench. And then he was quickly sent to the trainer".

"Oh this isn't good, I'm surfing my netbook right now, currently sources have released that Torres had torn his groin yesterday, probably from that time he strained it against the Equestrian States on his first pitch of the game. Now he will be out for the rest of the classic".

"My god, our ace down for the rest of the classic. Now were going to have to rely on a four-man rotation, unless somehow were allowed to add a pitcher to the roster and he could fly out to Qazox now."

"Hopefully we can, it just stinks though. We have plenty of talent in Western Cuba, but none can replace the skill that Alejandro Torres has. He will be greatly missed for the rest of the classic".

"Especially if we make it to the finals, but right now we should probably just concentrate on winning Game 2 tonight."

"With Ramon Rivero pitching, we should be safe. If Rivero pitches a great game tonight, he has the chance to emerge as the #1 ace on this team with Torres gone. If not, Fenyak will suddenly become the ace of this team once more".

"And he will have a rest game tonight, but Saugeais is probably fueled with revenge after last night's game. We already beat them in the last championship, and then they were probably shocked after yesterday's tough loss. Rivero will have to be fully attentive in tomorrow's game."

"And look how time flies by, were off for today Western Cuba. But be sure to watch Game 2, where Western Cuba will attempt to sweep Saugeais. If we do so, we have a great chance at winning the Classic once more".

Yesopalitha
Minister

Founded: Sep 01, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Yesopalitha » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:42 pm

Victor Van Cruz has arguably been the ace for the Assassins this season. Although Melody Johanson is the official starter for the Assassins, Van Cruz has been the clutch performer.

Now, he will try to be the clutch again. The Warriors of Milchama won the first game by scoring more runs than the Assassins in the ninth inning.
It will be up to Van Cruz to try to turn around their fortunes.

Not that he isn't used to it.

In fact, he will probably end up being the ace next time around.

It is about time.
Motto: Perseverantia saeculorum Note: I prefer to be known as YSP over YES if you use abbreviations.
Proud Original Member of Mystria

Puppet Nation of Chromatika

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Re-sim of Round of 16 series: Taeshan v. FSC

Postby Qazox » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:23 pm

Based off of this post, Homelands our CTE'd during thier 1st round match-up with Free South Califas. As such, FSC should have advanced to the Round of 16. To reduce the total amount of re-simming needed to be done, FSC will be matched up with Taeshan. Since NOW Taeshan didn't face a team that CTE'd, I need to sin this series. If taeshan wins the series, then there is no change to the quarterfinals. If FSC wins, then there will be a re-draw of the quarterfinals, and Both Game 1 and Game 2 of the "new quarters" will be done tonight.

Here is the series:
GAME ONE
Free South Califas      0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0  1
Taeshan 1 4 0 0 0 0 0 0 X 5

Pld W L
1 Taeshan 1 1 0
2 Free South Califas 1 0 1

GAME TWO
Taeshan                 0 2 0 1 0 1 0 0 1  5
Free South Califas 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 2

Pld W L
1 Taeshan 2 2 0
2 Free South Califas 2 0 2

OK so Taeshan sweeps Free South Califas, and ther will be no change to the quarterfinals. Game 2 results for the quarters will be up shortly. Once again I apologize for this confusion.
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Quarterfinals Game 2

Postby Qazox » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:25 pm

Series M
Darmen (DARM) 2 0 0 1 0 6 3 0 0 12
Cotdelapoms (COTD) 0 0 1 3 0 0 0 0 1 5

Series M Pld W L
1 Darmen 2 2 0
2 Cotdelapoms 2 0 2

Series N
Yesopalitha (YESO) 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1
Milchama (MLCH) 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 X 2

Series N Pld W L
1 Milchama 2 2 0
2 Yesopalitha 2 0 2

Series O
Taeshan (TAES) 1 0 0 0 1 0 3 0 0 5
Civil Citizenry (CVCZ) 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 2

Series O Pld W L
1 Taeshan 2 2 0
2 Civil Citizenry 2 0 2

Series P
Western Cuba (WCBA) 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1
Saugeais (SAUG) 0 0 1 0 2 0 0 1 X 4

Series P Pld W L
1 Saugeais 2 1 1
Western Cuba 2 1 1
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports