NATION

PASSWORD

Super Hero High (old OOC, search for new one)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Hetland 2
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Hetland 2 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:42 pm

Camicon wrote:
Nfhd wrote:It's more along the lines of early warning system, considering he has had people turn themselves into bombs and blow themselves up, he believes it is the right way to protect himself and his family. Plus, once he is sure a person ins't any sort of threat, he never worries about them again and therefore doesn't bother scanning people again due to the large amount of mental strain it creates.

Why should any of them trust a person that has no qualms with, essentially, looking at them in any way he pleases, and has the ability to do that whenever he wants, without any of them knowing?

Just because Will says something, even if he is sincere, doesn't mean anyone else will believe him. Do you really think Rachael will care, once she learns what Will can do, and has already done to Chram?

... I don't think Rachael will care... about Chram anyways.
Don't worry. I'm just a bridge troll that feeds on forum drama.
Harbinger of the RP endtimes.
we will send a air stare on libya if they don't stop their attack
The krang countered the wave with something. And continued to try and take over the decepticon seeker.
Everybody! Can you stop saying that the cargo ship sinking we have done lately was a war crime. We were trying to economically destroy the UK.
Mair glows brightly and transforms in a human, wearing a white cloak, "leave us"
"FIRE IN THE HOE" he bellowed before triggering the explosive.
Julius Ceasar was a normal 14 year old who played Elder Tale in Russia.
We have already established, more powerful beings are not a proper weakness.

I miss Kare-bear :C

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:46 pm

Hetland 2 wrote:
Camicon wrote:Why should any of them trust a person that has no qualms with, essentially, looking at them in any way he pleases, and has the ability to do that whenever he wants, without any of them knowing?

Just because Will says something, even if he is sincere, doesn't mean anyone else will believe him. Do you really think Rachael will care, once she learns what Will can do, and has already done to Chram?

... I don't think Rachael will care... about Chram anyways.

No, but being a selfish little brat, she will care about the implications, and what it means for herself.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Country of glowing hearts, and patrons of the arts
Help me out
Star spangled madness, united sadness
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Don't shine for swine. - Metric, Soft Rock Star
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Why (Male) Rape Is Hilarious [because it has to be]

Hetland 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Hetland 2 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:47 pm

Camicon wrote:
Hetland 2 wrote:... I don't think Rachael will care... about Chram anyways.

No, but being a selfish little brat, she will care about the implications, and what it means for herself.

... Mmm... I see your point.
The krang countered the wave with something. And continued to try and take over the decepticon seeker.
Everybody! Can you stop saying that the cargo ship sinking we have done lately was a war crime. We were trying to economically destroy the UK.
Mair glows brightly and transforms in a human, wearing a white cloak, "leave us"

Nfhd
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nfhd » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:52 pm

Camicon wrote:
Nfhd wrote:It's more along the lines of early warning system, considering he has had people turn themselves into bombs and blow themselves up, he believes it is the right way to protect himself and his family. Plus, once he is sure a person ins't any sort of threat, he never worries about them again and therefore doesn't bother scanning people again due to the large amount of mental strain it creates.

Why should any of them trust a person that has no qualms with, essentially, looking at them in any way he pleases, and has the ability to do that whenever he wants, without any of them knowing?

Most likely no, optimistically I can hope one could have compassion for someone of the other kind, but if not I have contingency plans, which basically are in order from best to worst:
1. Apologize and pray
2. Evade and defend, the apologize
3. Wear a supressor most of the time as insurance
4.Smack down without powers to hopefully have they back off until better plan can be enacted
5.Smack down with powers to hopefully have they back off until better plan can be enacted

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:08 am

Nfhd wrote:
Hetland 2 wrote:
I've met some of my best friends because I used a terrible pick up line on them.

That could be the case, but I have friends who hate people who they don't know hit on them so it is more a matter of personal preference.

That would likely be me, though I've never had someone hit on me, use a pick-up line on me, or flirt with me, so I can't have an exact say on my opinion on that.

And here I am, 18 for 8 minutes, and I've never had any of those happen before :P
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:13 am

Corrian wrote:
Nfhd wrote:That could be the case, but I have friends who hate people who they don't know hit on them so it is more a matter of personal preference.

That would likely be me, though I've never had someone hit on me, use a pick-up line on me, or flirt with me, so I can't have an exact say on my opinion on that.

And here I am, 18 for 8 minutes, and I've never had any of those happen before :P

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CORRIAN!!! :hug:

[EDIT] Also, good night everyone. Sleepy-time for me.
Last edited by Camicon on Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Help me out
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Nfhd
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nfhd » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:15 am

Corrian wrote:
Nfhd wrote:That could be the case, but I have friends who hate people who they don't know hit on them so it is more a matter of personal preference.

Congratulations on turning 18, you are now considered a adult in the U.S. Do you feel more mature than you did 8 minutes ago?(Edit:Reread post and I just realized someone could take offence to this. :palm: I am an idiot. I am sorry for anyone who feels offended by this)
Last edited by Nfhd on Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hetland 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Hetland 2 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:15 am

Corrian wrote:

Happy birthday, you sexy, sexy person who I forget the gender of! I hope you have a fun 18th year of life ahead of you!

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:23 am

Camicon wrote:HAPPY BIRTHDAY CORRIAN!!! :hug:

Thanks! It's so exciting to be the age to take more responsibility for yourself, and start to go into the process of relying on yourself! Woo!

Nfhd wrote:Congratulations on turning 18, you are now considered a adult in the U.S. Do you feel more mature than you did 8 minutes ago?(Edit:Reread post and I just realized someone could take offence to this. :palm: I am an idiot. I am sorry for anyone who feels offended by this)

Thanks!

I don't take offense to anything easily. And no, I don't really :P I'm just like...."Yay, I'm 18. Not that exciting. Sure, yeah, I'm at a new milestone in my life: Adulthood. But I don't find this THAT exciting to now be an adult". Now if I lived outside the U.S., I might be able to celebrate with a beer :P

Plus side is I get to vote? Woo?

Hetland 2 wrote:Happy birthday, you sexy, sexy person who I forget the gender of! I hope you have a fun 18th year of life ahead of you!

I'm male, single, attractive, and a big part Norwegian! (And German, and Native American (Like, 1/32th), and probably 500 other things)

Ignore the part above.

And thanks!

Hopefully I will. It will probably be a typical year. Though, unlike my "2012 will be the year of change', hopefully 2013 will actually BE a year of change. Had a crappy start to 2012 so I kind of lost motivation to 'change things drastically'. 2013 though!

Other then the fact the world ends before then......The good thing though is I expect to either hear about the day, and go "Woo", and play video games like normal, wake up next morning, have a little laugh that nothing happened. Or for it to be next day and for me to be like "Oh yeah, the world ended yesterday. Woops, I forgot".
My Last.FM and RYM

Hetland 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Hetland 2 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:33 am

Corrian wrote:
Hetland 2 wrote:Happy birthday, you sexy, sexy person who I forget the gender of! I hope you have a fun 18th year of life ahead of you!

I'm male, single, attractive, and a big part Norwegian! (And German, and Native American (Like, 1/32th), and probably 500 other things)

Ignore the part above.

And thanks!

Hopefully I will. It will probably be a typical year. Though, unlike my "2012 will be the year of change', hopefully 2013 will actually BE a year of change. Had a crappy start to 2012 so I kind of lost motivation to 'change things drastically'. 2013 though!

Other then the fact the world ends before then......The good thing though is I expect to either hear about the day, and go "Woo", and play video games like normal, wake up next morning, have a little laugh that nothing happened. Or for it to be next day and for me to be like "Oh yeah, the world ended yesterday. Woops, I forgot".

Well as the Kamen Rider fanatic I am I figure there's only one proper way to wish you a happy birthday.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:46 am

Hetland 2 wrote:Well as the Kamen Rider fanatic I am I figure there's only one proper way to wish you a happy birthday.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Lolwut.

Also, I know like, nothing about that show, except the name...
My Last.FM and RYM

Hetland 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Hetland 2 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:01 am

Corrian wrote:
Hetland 2 wrote:Well as the Kamen Rider fanatic I am I figure there's only one proper way to wish you a happy birthday.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Lolwut.

Also, I know like, nothing about that show, except the name...

Its fine. Kamen Rider is pretty much a driving passion of mine.
The series I showed you was Kamen Rider OOOs. which I'd recommend checking out.

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:05 am

Kershya wrote:Sorry, but its not that big of an event, sure the reason behind it is big. Someone just need to knock a person who's fighting randomly into a coma. And a coma is just the only thing I can think of that won't cause another dragon incident in a page or two later.

Unfortunately for the dragon who would be involved in said incident, the tattooed magic person has put things in place to prevent that. Anyone trying to magic their way onto the station would be shunted to the surface of the moon instead, which isn't a very good place to be without a spacesuit on.

Corrian wrote:And here I am, 18 for 8 minutes, and I've never had any of those happen before :P

Happy birthday to you then. Please watch this instructional video for being an adult.
Last edited by Mighty Asgard on Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:45 am

Corrian wrote:

Reallly?

Well then happy birthday to you!

Let's see... Corrian needs a gift.....oh I know.

This is perfect. Hope it fits in the dorm.
Battletech RP: Giant walking war machines, space to surface fighters, and other implements blowing things up= lots of fun! Sign up here
We even have a soundtrack!

RIP Caroll Shelby 1923-2012
Aurora, Oak Creek, Happy Valley, Sandy Hook. Just how high a price are we willing to pay?

Orinon
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 08, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Orinon » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:02 am

MA, you haven't replied to me yet... :(
I did some threads a long ass time ago that some people care about Iunno ya'll crazy.

Answers to Orinon or Watery. Part time author, part time gas station attendant, full time cynical bastard.

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:52 am

Orinon wrote:MA, you haven't replied to me yet... :(

I knew there was something I'd forgotten. Working on it now.

The Kangaroo Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Kangaroo Republic » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:06 am

(Because randomly returning to this roleplay with an old character is totally the right thing to do. Well, I do have some character development planned, so this might be interesting enough.)

Name: Kristian Partanen
Nationality: American
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 170 Lbs
Hair: Brownish grey
Eyes: Green
Costume (if any): No costume, he doesn't roll that way.
Abilities: Animal form
Alignment: Still undecided, but leaning towards heroism. Prefers to stay with the vigilantes.
Brief Bio: Living in the city of Duluth, Minnesota, Kristian Partanen is the son of a family of first-generation immigrants from Finland. While he spent his first 7 years living in his home country, he consciously experienced most of his childhood in America. While he learned English fairly quickly, he still got teased at school sometimes for his heavy accent, which he has since managed to work away. He was known as a trouble-maker at school, who seemed more busy with mischief than performing well at school, leading to sub-par grades very often. However, he kept his friends very close, and was a reliably social person. His power had remained dormant for most of his lifetime, untill he accidentally triggered it when he was 15 years old. Supposedly through wondering what it'd be like to be a kangaroo, prompting his power to activate and give him his form.

While he went to the super hero high school when he was 16, he had dropped out early on, feeling himself to be quartered and forced to take a path of an idealistic hero, which was the least important objective on his mind. However, in light of the events that took place that year, the loss of his mother in the vampiric invasion, and his father prompting him to return to the super hero high school, he is making a return as a student to the super hero high school.
Sub Astra --- Australes Unum
they/them or he/him pronouns please
Version 3 of the Kangaroo Republic started on 9 March, 2014

>>Go to factbook<<

Other names for the Kangaroo Republic: The Federation, FKR, The Federal Kangaroo Republic
Demonym: Macropodine, Kangan
NS resident kangaroo furry and therian.
Demsoc, Pro BLM, Pro Antifa
Big ol' non-binary duder

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:08 am

The Kangaroo Republic wrote:
(Because randomly returning to this roleplay with an old character is totally the right thing to do. Well, I do have some character development planned, so this might be interesting enough.)

Alignment: Still undecided, but leaning towards heroism. Prefers to stay with the vigilantes.
Brief Bio: Living in the city of Duluth, Minnesota, Kristian Partanen is the son of a family of first-generation immigrants from Finland. While he spent his first 7 years living in his home country, he consciously experienced most of his childhood in America. While he learned English fairly quickly, he still got teased at school sometimes for his heavy accent, which he has since managed to work away. He was known as a trouble-maker at school, who seemed more busy with mischief than performing well at school, leading to sub-par grades very often. However, he kept his friends very close, and was a reliably social person. His power had remained dormant for most of his lifetime, untill he accidentally triggered it when he was 15 years old. Supposedly through wondering what it'd be like to be a kangaroo, prompting his power to activate and give him his form.

While he went to the super hero high school when he was 16, he had dropped out early on, feeling himself to be quartered and forced to take a path of an idealistic hero, which was the least important objective on his mind. However, in light of the events that took place that year, the loss of his mother in the vampiric invasion, and his father prompting him to return to the super hero high school, he is making a return as a student to the super hero high school.

Accepted.

The Kangaroo Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Kangaroo Republic » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:09 am

Mighty Asgard wrote:

Accepted.

Ooooshum.

So should I just post my character's arrival at the school, or assume he's been there in the background like...all the time, despite whatever crazy, very notable events, may have taken place that I don't know anything about.
Sub Astra --- Australes Unum
they/them or he/him pronouns please
Version 3 of the Kangaroo Republic started on 9 March, 2014

>>Go to factbook<<

Other names for the Kangaroo Republic: The Federation, FKR, The Federal Kangaroo Republic
Demonym: Macropodine, Kangan
NS resident kangaroo furry and therian.
Demsoc, Pro BLM, Pro Antifa
Big ol' non-binary duder

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:14 am

Mighty Asgard wrote:Accepted.

Ooooshum.

So should I just post my character's arrival at the school, or assume he's been there in the background like...all the time, despite whatever crazy, very notable events, may have taken place that I don't know anything about.

Either one works. There are literally hundreds of NPC students in the background, so one more student having spent some time in the background wouldn't be so strange.

Nakarisaune
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 17, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nakarisaune » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:37 am

Happy birthday dear fiance!
Let me just say quickly, French keyboards are trippy. You need to press shift to get a full stop. What the fuck is wrong with that?!

Corrian";p="10633736]I'm male, single, attractive, and a big part Norwegian! (And German, and Native American (Like, 1/32th), and probably 500 other things)[/quote]
SINGLE?! WHAT?![quote="Camicon wrote:
Hetland 2 wrote:... I don't think Rachael will care... about Chram anyways.

Oh you and your compliments :hug:
Sadly, this may put an end to the plans involving bombs.
"Nakari won best WW player, awarded to the person who is best at lying." - Fratt

"I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a point with a hundred endorsements. It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what."

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Founded: Feb 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:12 am

Camicon wrote:
Nfhd wrote:Uhh, whyyyyy. Well now I predict Tara being a protective person will now wage a personal campaign of vengeance against Will and will most likely recruit some other people to help her assault Will who will either try evade and defense tactics to stall for enough time for his apologies to be heard or if it get to out of hand lay the smack down on everybody that tries to assault him, which will probably in turn incite a small school wide civil war.

No. But she will make sure every girl on the station knows that he can 'analyze' them, in the way he did, no matter what they're wearing. And she'll be making sure Cassie stays well away from him.
It's Rachael you want to watch out for. :p

Considering his reasoning that basically amounted to "I cannot be aroused by seeing you naked, so it is okay," you can count Bramwell among the people avoiding him.

Oddly, that reminds me of a defense on the internet against accusations of sexism frequently used by immature forumites. It is the, "Oh, you are just complaining about them not wearing reasonable clothes because you cannot be turned-on by that sex," defense, which rooted in the idea that the only reason women's (or men's) clothes exist is so that you do not turn on other people (read: misogeny/misandry by way of reasoning why people of the sex you are attracted to wear clothes) and that the only reason you do not want to see barely-clothed or naked people is because you cannot be arroused by them (read: homophobia by way of using it as a prejorative).

Camicon wrote:
Corrian wrote:That would likely be me, though I've never had someone hit on me, use a pick-up line on me, or flirt with me, so I can't have an exact say on my opinion on that.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CORRIAN!!! :hug:

[EDIT] Also, good night everyone. Sleepy-time for me.

Congradulations, you can now serve jury duty, be charged as an adult, and vote.
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:36 am, edited 4 times in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,
The Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton II of the People of the DSA and Protector of Ukraine
Inaugurated 12:06 A.M. Ecuador Standard Time, June 26, 2014; crowned 12:23 A.M. EST; June 26, 2014; instituted the Separation of Positions 1:07 A.M. EST, June 26, 2014; retired from office 4:58 P.M. EST, June 27, 2014; returned to office 1:05 A.M. EST, June 30, 2014; retired again 12:05 P.M. EST

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:06 am

Working today. I'll try and get a response to Chram posted late tonight.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Help me out
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun

Nakarisaune
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 17, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nakarisaune » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:21 pm

Before I forget to ask, would anyone have been to see the counsellor?
"Nakari won best WW player, awarded to the person who is best at lying." - Fratt

"I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a point with a hundred endorsements. It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what."

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:49 pm

Nakarisaune wrote:Before I forget to ask, would anyone have been to see the counsellor?

Probably random NPC's (Duh), but I don't think any of my characters would of gone to the counselor. Cassie would probably just be too afraid and shy to discuss anything with a counselor...and Caitlin would have no reason to

Though, I forgot what type of counselor Roxanne was.

Anyway, I'll respond to all the birthday stuff later. Going to go hiking on some logging road or something with my dad for my birthday.
My Last.FM and RYM

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse