NATION

PASSWORD

Right Wing Extremists Attack Panzara (OPEN, MT-PMT)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Xanixi
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Xanixi » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:06 am

Burt nodded at the major. He couldn't argue with his plan, but that wasn't what the Commonwealth Defence Command had in mind. Rather, the plan designed at the time was to separate their forces across the entirety of Panzara. Obviously, they didn't care -what- the Gaelics were doing. The Commonwealth needed their presence in every sector.

'It has to be us,' Burt thought, 'someone else might get it wrong.'

Deciding to finally speak, Burt went on, "Commonwealth vehicles, such as the Combat Eagle and the Badger transport are designed with ease in mountainous terrain in mind. That isn't a worry. The worry I currently have is that the Commonwealth Defence Command wouldn't like to be designated one specific region. As I said, our forces were to be spread across all territories, for the ease with defence."

For a moment, he paused. His brain was processing every piece of information that he had just received from the major, thinking of the best way to respond.

"Nor am I saying that all of our armoured units be in the mountains. Rather, I'm saying that the plan was to expand to multiple territories. I have it understood that the Gaelics are defending the southeast, and, if I know the CDC, I'm sure they don't care what they're doing." Burt shook his head. He needed to actually say what it was that the CDC wanted, rather than blurting out whatever came to mind.

"Allow me to rephrase: the Gaelics are defending the southeast. I'll surely deploy a unit to defend the mountains. If you can give me locations on a map, I'll move units there. And don't worry about roads; we're bloody experts."

Civilian Airliner flight 0972 | Toiletia, Pooped'On | 0550 hours

Alistair stared out the window of the large, civilian airliner. The water glistened below him, shining in the light of the reflected Luna. It was beautiful, the white background with grey spots distorting itself in the waves of the vehicle.

Alistair laughed within himself. Thus far, the operation had been too easy. Boarding the aircraft and passing through security was easy, obviously, and their flight had gone entirely uninterrupted. Though it was clear: 'The only easy day was yesterday'. They certainly weren't done yet. Of course, with Alistair's service record, it was hard to go against it. Undergoing operations in Southeast Asia, major sabotage during the Second Scorpion 'War', and the ranking officer of the Sealand operation. How he longed to return to the minute ten-second window in which the Sealandic Little Bird was pushed back from the explosion of his Crown's M323. Not merely watching the helicopter spin out of control, but rather, the recognition he received back in the Commonwealth Defence Command for having shot down a hostile helicopter with a grenade launcher. Of course, at the time, he was merely a Warrant Officer Class 2. Nowadays, he held his Brigadier emblem as a crown jewel.

And even then, his career wasn't over. The SAS had always been one for keeping their best operatives functional for as long as possible. The reasoning was obvious, and you couldn't go against it. How could Alistair ever retire at this point?

This mission was, of course, a bit different. Back in Sealand, the operation consisted of nearly an entire troop of marines from Ireland, and a small fireteam of SAS operatives. The idea wasn't sabotage - it was seizure. It had been a thorn in their side, and Alistair was tasked with capturing it. That was easy. Go in, shoot some buggers, tag their weapons, and leave the marines to their work. This mission required him to move in with five other SAS operatives, integrate themselves into normal society, and sabotage. Done. And in this case, their weapons weren't brought over. Bloody Command said operation could be hampered with smuggling of weapons. Of course, these guys weren't going empty-handed. Their 'pockets' were full, and the Black Market was a splendid source of weapons, even if they were second-grade.

For now, the Commonwealth had erased his records. Not just his, but their entire team. All of their SAS files were erased, stuck in some file somewhere, where only the top echelons of the SAS could know where to find. They were given new identities. Alistair Beckham suddenly turned into Alistair Stanley, Santherese citizen. It was nearly impossible to distinguish him from a regular civilian. In fact, with the SAS' handiwork, it was impossible. The SAS knew infiltration better than most.

He shifted his head left, down the large, carpeted aisle that rolled out next to him. He looked across at the other seats; within the other sections lay other SAS agents. The rest of his team. First-Class was nothing compared to the SAS' fiscal budget, and this operation was crucial; no expense was spared.

"We'll be landing in a few moments. Please fasten your seat belts and prepare for landing." The pilot's voice was calm and coordinated as it rang over the multitude of speakers across the different classes of the aircraft. Economy class, further back, was still blaring the films they had been watching for over six hours. It had begun to get on Alistair's nerves, thought at least the flight was ending soon.

Turning off the console he had been occasionally reading to observe news and other details of the surrounding area, primarily Toiletia, he sat up straight in the polished leather seats, and fastened the black-and-grey belts that rested at the head of the seat. He dragged it over his chest, above the white tank top, and clicked it into the other side. He pulled lightly, smiling as the belt's limit had been reached.

The force of the aircraft landing was like all the other times he had been moved from one location to the next. He was pushed up against the seat, closing his eyes and swallowing saliva constantly. Finally, the screech of the wheels impounded their ears, and his eyes opened, immediately drifting off to his right to look out the clear window. The airport's lights lit the entire sector up, and the aircraft rapidly moved from the tarmac to the terminal. As they arrived, he heard more wheels screeching; another aircraft had been landing. Probably why his airliner moved so quickly off the tarmac.

"We've arrived at the terminal," the captain spoke again, "please grab your luggage and begin disembarking the aircraft. Have a pleasant day, and enjoy your stay in Toiletia."

Alistair stood rapidly, watching as the other agents followed suit. They quickly removed their suitcases from the overhead, and plopped them on the aisle. Their black wheels rolled as the silver logo on the front of the suitcases glowed brightly. Moving quickly, Alistair took the lead of the five other men, and began walking out through the gate and to security.

"So, we've arrived," Gaz whispered, resting his hand on Alistair's shoulder, "now what?"

"Now we go sightseeing," Alistair coded to Gaz. 'Sightseeing'. A common tourist phrase utilised to refer to looking at the city and viewing the landmarks the city had. To them, it meant search for critical positions in the Toiletian government and prepare themselves to carry out sabotage missions there.

"Sounds expensive!" Harvey joked, poking Gaz on the back.

"It's going to be. Not just money, but time consuming. Of course, I'm sure we'll enjoy it, considering we came here with cargo ships of free time," Alistair responded.

"How about transportation?" Nate asked, genuinely.

"Covered. Rented a few vehicles here and there," Alistair looked back, waiting to see if anyone had any more enquiries to make.

"I'm assuming you've got quite the schedule planned?" Ethan asked, partially to annoy Alistair, and partially because he actually wanted an answer.

"I'll show you guys at the hotel."

"Sorry, Al," Harley said, "I don't know what I'm supposed to ask." The small group shared a weak laugh, as they continued down the aisles to reach the security passes. As they walked, Alistair turned his head right. Past the windows and the aircraft, he could see the light emerging from the multitude of buildings in Pooped'On, the capital. Smiling, he looked back and continued walking.

"All right," Alistair said, "everyone split. We'll meet up on the far side."

"Sure," they responded in unison. They all separated, going to different counters and beginning the process.

As Alistair arrived at his, he flashed a smile at the employee, and said, "Greetings," with his delicate British accent. He placed his passport and citizenship identification card on the table, and handed them to the employee, and said, "I'm a Santherese citizen. I've come here for a few months on vacation."
Grand Imperial Republic of Thedosia | Galactic Imperial Republic [FT]
DEFCON: [4]; Double Take
| Pop.: 508,191,116 | Area: 24.670.330 km2 | Demonym: Thedosian/Republic/Imperial |
| Military: 5,482,193 | GDP: US$32,842,135,458,524.96 | Lifespan: ~650 y/o |
Dr. Carl Sagan wrote:“They say astronomy is a humbling and character-building experience. There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.”
Most Astounding Fact
#AupaAtleti #ContigoHastaElFinal
American and Spanish

Toiletia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Toiletia » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:50 am

To: Admiral Antaro
Subject: Withdrawal
Encryption: Military Level III
Admiral Antaro, it has come to our attention that you have failed to secure the Adriatic Sea, and have failed to act quickly enough to land on the shores of Panzara. Looking over this critical failure, it has been decided that you are not to lead any operation into southern Europe. You are to immediately return home through any open straight or canal available. Preferably the straight of Gibraltar, but the Suez may be your only option. I'd imagine that many enemies have that area completely locked down.

But there is one final request. Leave one carrier with transport helicopters, guarded by five cruisers. If the Berserkers fulfill their task on Norovich, they must be picked up, or reinforced. If they fail, those vessels may then return to the fleet.

Pooped'on

"Why, hello good sir!" a very preppy blond woman was at the counter. There was nothing unusual about it-it was just like the preppy women at all airports-but this one had a very strange distinguishing factor... she was naked. Such is law in Toiletia. "Let me just look at this-it'll only take a moment." As she inspected the passport and ID card, she tried to make casual conversation. "You're Santherese? That's really neat. Most of my great grandparents are from that area of the world. They came to this area of the world for gold. At the time, Toiletia was only--" she stopped when multiple of the scores of military police in the airport gave her a vicious glare, implying that she should not speak of the days before the Great Conquest. "Anyways... that's all! Have a great time here!" she said with a very large, unnecessary smile. "Oh! before you go, there's a question I'm supposed to ask everyone." After taking a moment to try to remember what it was, she finally spoke again. "Yeah! That's it! Well, it's actually a couple questions. One-Do you know Latin at all*? Most people here will not only trust you more, but give you better deals if you did. Two-What political part do you belong to? I was not told why I need to ask that. Just answer the questions, and you'll be on your way!"

Norovich

Enough was enough. The more they advanced, the more wounded soldiers piled up. There had only been two casualties, but the wounds were very serious. 20% of the wounded men were probably going to die still. There were missing legs, missing arms, splintered ribs, cracked spines, and more. It was dreadful.

Following the example of Team B, Teams A and C stopped to make themselves barriers with any metal objects they could find, including armored truck doors... and then proceeding to flip the truck itself over to use. Teams D and E were in relatively open areas, and had not experienced many obstacles or ambushes, so they proceeded with their task. Setting up machine guns, and multiple-setting lamps, they watched the sunset. At a certain point, they dimmed the lamps down and turned on their night-visors. These were marvelous devices. If a blinding light were to meet the visor, the first hint of extreme light rays would activate a feature which dimmed everything down to 1% brightness for 5 seconds, or until the operator presses a button to turn it off. It was not perfect, but it had a high success rate in preventing blindness, if even just temporary blindness.

Barriers on all sides. Machine guns on all sides. Mortars, rocket launchers, brand-new grenades. Titanium knives! These soldiers were, by most standards, overly armed.
Last edited by Toiletia on Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blood for the Blood God, skulls for the Skull Throne
Kill, maim, burn!
Let the world drown in blood!

Proud genocidal, totalitarian dictator, making as many people as I want fight in our military. Proudly approving the genocide and/or sacrifice of anyone that I feel like and brainwashing the entire nation to worship the Blood God and me, and making them do anything for either of us.

Bukharabia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Bukharabia » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:26 am

-Norovich Island-

And, at last, the sun had completely set; enveloping the island in darkness.

"Sniper Team: 075, 085, 043; in position." A voice over the comms said

"Ambush Team-1: 112, 102, 056; in position."

"Mortar Team: 110, 064, 055, 087, 076; in position."

Similar voices echoed all over the comms, filling the night with chatter completely unbeknownst to the Berserkers. The Ashbaah took their positions across the entire island, until not even a single Ashbaah was out of place. The positions of each and every Berserker was being watched via cameras, so nothing they could do would catch the Ashbaah by surprise.

"Showtime."

-Berserker Camp-

The Berserkers were manning their camps, setting up their positions and looking for any signs of the Ashbaah; when, suddenly, a Berserker noticed some sort of bright light in the sky.

"Fireworks?" He asked, seeing the light explode into several different pieces; just like fireworks.

He was proven wrong, as the pieces of light began falling from the sky; right where he was standing.

"Morta-!" He managed to breath, before one of the pieces fell right onto him; exploding violently. The other chunks, similarly, began falling onto their positons; decimating the camp

Several dozen more balls of light then entered the sky, breaking up into hundreds of smaller explosive chunks just as the others had and raining death upon the Berserker Camps.
Home of Sultan Altair Ibrahim Ragez, KCGG (as knighted by the Duke of Wessex) and an all around cool leader.

The White Knights:

Lyrics:

No horizons
No horizons
Our greatest dreams will lead us onward
Let us forge ahead
Making clear the way
Our Knights!
Swear the oath right here
Onward!

No horizons
World encompassed
Souls this young and free
Know no limits
Now is the time
Come!
Grab life while we can
It's time
Onward
Bukharabia!

Panzara
Envoy

Founded: Sep 01, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Panzara » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:30 pm

Report from the Panzaran Armed Forces Command

6th Airborne Infantry | Panzovograd International Airport | 2225 hours CEST July 15th

Haxov could see the dismay on Burt's face.

"I'll talk to Colonel Virov." was all he said before continuing, "He's in charge of the northeastern planes and he's pissed that he only has access to two armored companies to defend Vidlakov*. I'm not saying send your tanks there, but you could devote some of your forces to that region."

-N/A- | Mountains | 1225 hours CEST August 5th

The spaceship was massive. It loomed over the landscape, its ion cannons decimating everything in sight. Soon, the Zamarinians would have to surrender to the Thkesh. That's when it all went wrong. The Zamarinians... What did they do? Eight year old Aleks was having a tough time deciding whether he should imagine them launching their proton torpedoes or firing their laser cannons. He kept wandering through the grassy mountainside as he was deciding. Then he saw his favorite little sheltered area. It was surrounded by boulders in such a way that made it the perfect little place to hide from parents, big kids, and even [i]Zamarinian invaders[i]. On that note, Aleks decided the Thkesh would launcher their-

Standing in the center of his favorite sheltered clearing in the boulders were three soldiers. Aleks had recently come to know what Panzaran soldiers looked like and dressed like. He was getting a feel for the weapons they carried as well. These men were not Panzarans. He simply stood where he was, his eyes locked with the center man while the other two stared at him and his legs paralyzed with shock and fear.
Last edited by Panzara on Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Toiletia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Toiletia » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:52 pm

Norovich, Berserker Team A

Sergeant Keller bolted over to his dying comrade. In the final moments before Private Opion's death, Keller did not make any dramatic last words. He simply asked "Where did the shell come from? Did you see?"

Opion understood. Everything was about war in Toiletia. He responded, "Over there," he pointed, "just a little to the--" then he passed. Sergeant Keller immediately relayed the info to the nearest mortar team, and used his helmet's comm device to share the info with teams B and C to the east. Each of them had two 88mm mortars-the standard, mass-produced small artillery. Zooming in with their helmets' visors, they could see the location to which Opion was pointing. They loaded up, and began their retaliation.

Team B:

Corporal Furum had just launched his first shell before a perfect circle of a hole popped into his helmet, and he keeled over dead. The wound was looked at. Then the examiner looked in the direction from which the shot must have come. He used his helmet's comm to deliver the new update to the nearest snipers. As he did this, Furum's spot was instantly taken by another soldier. Artillery was a high priority in any Toiletian land-tactic.

Nillium, a dignified lieutenant and well-known marksman, was the receiver of the news of Furum's death. He pulled up his visor, and pulled down a single lens from underneath it. This was a feature given only to the helmets of designated snipers. Aiming through that eye, he peered down the scope. The night-vision made everything clear as day. He found his mark, and took the shot.

Team C:

"That's it!" the captain said, "Team A and B already have their eyes on that mortar, just look around for any other suspicious... anything!"

Team D and E

"Over there!" Kramien exclaimed. The entrance to the base's strategic bunker had just been spotted. That would be made the location of the two teams' camp.
Kill, maim, burn!

Proud genocidal, totalitarian dictator, making as many people as I want fight in our military. Proudly approving the genocide and/or sacrifice of anyone that I feel like and brainwashing the entire nation to worship the Blood God and me, and making them do anything for either of us.

Xanixi
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Xanixi » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:11 pm

Burt nodded his head. He didn't know exactly what it was that this 'Vidlakov' was, though it was obvious that it was a city or population centre. Whether or not it was an important strategic position, a major industrial centre, or just some useless position in the back of the lines wasn't important. It was obvious that this 'Colonel Virov' was trying to protect it. Panzaran Command hadn't given enough troops, and the Commonwealth was likely to compliment.

"Very well, major," Burt nodded, smiling, "where we do go?"

Operation Deathclaw
Airport | Toiletia, Pooped'On | 0557 hours

'Why hello', Alistair thought, as he noticed the attendant was nude. It was a different custom, and as he was supposed to be prepared for unexpected situations, his eyes locked on hers and ignored the different situation.

"You're Santherese? That's really neat. Most of my great grandparents are from that area of the world. They came to this area of the world for gold."

"That's neat," Alistair said, continuing the conversation. Even if it was only slightly, stealing the trust of an attendant made his entrance into the nation far, far easier. Acting like any regular, ignorant tourist that would be fascinated at the most genuine customs of other countries and flopping a smile in anyone's face would be a wonderful way to start Operation Deathclaw.

"At the time, Toiletia was only--"

Alistair squinted his eyes as she stopped. Was something wrong? What was going on? His brain took screenshots of her eyes, and noticed they trailed off of him and to the side. He felt her getting tense, her heartbeat getting faster.

Immediately, Alistair trailed his own mind off of the attendant and off to the same direction she had suddenly devoted to scanning. There stood multiple soldier-looking personnel, probably working for the airport. They looked vicious, ready to pounce at any given time. Not just on him, but her as well. In fact, their eyes scanned her face more than his own.

Uninformed but feeling that this wasn't the time to be curious, he looked back at the woman, who continued, "Anyways... that's all! Have a great time here!" After a momentary pause, she yelled, "Oh! before you go, there's a question I'm supposed to ask everyone." Another pause ensued, her brain trying to process what these 'harmless' questions could be.

"Yeah! That's it! Well, it's actually a couple questions. One-Do you know Latin at all*? Most people here will not only trust you more, but give you better deals if you did. Two-What political part do you belong to? I was not told why I need to ask that. Just answer the questions, and you'll be on your way!"

'The bloody hell is this?' Alistair thought, though his face showed the same tourist enthusiasm as always. 'You'll trust me more just because I speak Latin? Goddamn, I'm lucky I learnt Latin in Basic.'

"Why, yes, I do," Alistair said, a smile emerging from his face, "I studied Latin when I was in High School, on a project separate from the original educational teachings. Italian, English, and Spanish just aren't enough for me, I suppose," he laughed, giving a heartily addition to his tourist theme.

Then, he analysed the second question. Political Party? Heh. Alistair hadn't thought of anything but the Commonwealth Parliament. The Commonwealth didn't work as a party government in itself; rather, each individual Councillor would have his own views, and each one would promote them when the time came. Most of them were liberal, as were the Emperor and Empress.

Alistair smiled, "I'm not particularly in any one party. I don't recognise myself amongst any of them. Rather, I just side with what I think is right." Alistair shifted his head left to his shoulder; the soldiers weren't there any more. A shift to his right proved that they weren't in this region, though they could easily be hiding amongst the crowd. 'No worries,' he told himself, 'This bloody mission is mine.'
| Pop.: 508,191,116 | Area: 24.670.330 km2 | Demonym: Thedosian/Republic/Imperial |
Dr. Carl Sagan wrote:“They say astronomy is a humbling and character-building experience. There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.”
Most Astounding Fact
American and Spanish

Bukharabia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Bukharabia » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:06 pm

-Mortar Teams-

"Position 1-used; moving onto Position 2 if all clear is given." An Ashbaah said, carrying half of a mortar as he walked through the jungle; his partner was carrying the other half

"Position 2 is clear Mortar Team." Cepheus replied over the comms

The mortar teams soon made their way to the next positions, slight amusement flashing through their minds as they watched the enemy bombard their former position. They set up their mortars once more, fired them right at the Toiletian positions, and then left to a different positon once more.

-Sniper Team-

An Ashbaah back at the bunker, assisting Cepheus, watched the Toiletian snipers on the monitors; as he was assigned to.

"Toiletian Sniper has spotted you and is about to fire, 085. Duck." The man said to an Ashbaah sniper over the comms, who immediately followed his advice and ducked; barely dodging the shot Toiletian bullet from Nillium

085, with his years of experience as a sniper, immediately fired back; with his VARIS Railgun Sniper Rifle aimed right at Nillium's body before ducking once more.

"Reposition, along with your squad; Position 5 is open and should allow for an excellent vantage point." The man said, 085 immedietly following his orders and repositioning

-The Bunker Entrance-

Cepheus watched the Toiletians walking towards the bunker on his screens, and laughed; even if the Toiletians somehow managed to get through the two feet of concrete and steel that the blast doors provided, they would soon wish that they hadn't.
Last edited by Bukharabia on Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Home of Sultan Altair Ibrahim Ragez, KCGG (as knighted by the Duke of Wessex) and an all around cool leader.

The White Knights:

Lyrics:

No horizons
No horizons
Let us forge ahead
Making clear the way
Our Knights!
Onward!

No horizons
World encompassed
Know no limits
Now is the time
Come!
Grab life while we can
It's time
Onward
Bukharabia!

Panzara
Envoy

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Panzara » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:13 pm

6th Airborne Infantry | Panzovograd International Airport | 2230 hours CEST July 15th

"See the building out there? The one with all the crates and fangley shit out front? Go there and take your first right. Check with the guard in the hallway to see that the Colonel is in. If he gives you any lip, just tell him I sent you. Virov's kind of a dick, but he'll be more than happy to get some help. Also, you didn't hear from me that he's a dick. If you need me, I'll be in here going through papers like Americans go through potato chips." Haxov explained.

38th Infantry, 2nd Armored Company | Panzovograd International Airport | 2230 hours CEST July 15th

"That's fine." Colonel Virov said curtly into the phone.
-Pause-
"Well just tell command that I can't adequately defend the entirety of Vidlakov with what I'm being-"
-Pause-
"Yes." "No, damn it, I don't need the 12th Support Infan- Why? Because they're a bunch of fucking box pushers, that's why!"
-Pause-
"Look, just get me one more armored company to-"
-Pause-
"Fuc-king why? Panzara has literally hundreds of thousands of armored units! They can't just send me a dozen?"
-Pause-
"Yes, I understand. Right right, reserves and that nonsense-look: we're at war. Maybe now would be a good time to tap into those reser-"
-Pause-
"Alright fine. This won't be the las- Right. Goobye. And stop interrupting people." he said irritably before slamming the phone down.

The same crap as always. "Oh, we need to keep our reserves full" command would say. Maybe wartime was a good time to dip into those reserves. Part of him knew why they were really keeping so many reserve units. Panzara wanted to maintain the capability to launch a counterattack if need be. They had to maintain their offensive capability. That didn;t change the fact that Virov needed more tanks to protect Vidlakov if anything went for the city. Two armored companies wasn't very much. Not for a city of 12.8 million.
To see where Vidlakov is, look at Panzara's map. Vidlakov is the biggest blob in the brownish looking area northwest of Panzovograd
Last edited by Panzara on Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nordengrund
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nordengrund » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:20 pm

OCC: I wonder why Right- Wing people are often seen as evil and are used as villains in RPs?
1 John 1:9

Velkanika
Minister

Founded: Sep 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Tripwire

Postby Velkanika » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:45 pm

0725 (UTC+0), 9 August
V.S.S. Harvest Moon, South Atlantic Ocean, approximately 300 kilometers west of the Republic of Cape Verde

Senior Lieutenants Svyatopolk Serafim and Varfolomey Pavel scrambled into the cockpit of their F/A-21B Wyvern strike fighter as the wind whipped tiny droplets of water off of the flat wing of their aircraft. The first thing Varfolomey did once inside was to flip the switch to close the canopy, and then he sat down in his seat behind Svyatopolk's.

"Hey Tolly," Svyatopolk called from his seat up front as the two pilots donned their helmets and started running down their preflight check list, "what do you think about all this?"

"Define all this," Varfolomey grunted as he yanked back on his 30 kilogram instrument console to make sure it was secured. "The mission, the Cheezits, the Cobs, or how fucked up the world is today in general?"

"The mission and the Cheezits," the pilot laughed, "The INS is booting, radar is powering up to standby."

"The main computer is finished booting, synching INS with GPS. I don't know comrade, the Cheezits have been getting really aggressive lately. We've got to help the Panzies still, and it looks like the Chazicarians are gearing up for war."

"Da, and we're the ones who get to challenge them in the Atlantic. Radar is in standby, INS fully loaded. The computer has the SATSTAR feed. That was fast, maybe its because of the latitude?"

"Probably. It's the Sandy's fault for parking their entire goddamned navy in the Adriatic. They were pretty much asking for someone to swoop in and trap their armada in the Mediterranean." The pilots checked their ejection seats and finally strapped in, then waved to get the attention of a yellow-jacketed Flight Director. The Flight Director twirled his fingers at them, and Svyatopolk started the jet engines in reply as a flight deck tractor clamped onto their nose landing gear and pulled them across the deck to the starboard catapult.

"Da," Svyatopolk agreed as they were pulled into alignment with the catapult. "Fortunately for us, the Cheezits have to cross the Atlantic in order to supply their base at Gibraltar. The Inertial's doing weird things again."

"It sometimes takes a minute for the INS to start tracking properly," Varfolomey replied as the two of them connected their oxygen hoses to their ejection seats and Velcroed their masks on. "I'm switching us over to GPS for now."

With two jarring thumps, the forward landing gear of the fighter was locked into the catapult. A yellow-clad Catapult Officer in front of the fighter began twirling his finger in the air, signaling them to rev up their engines as the JED, or Jet Exhaust Deflector, elevated behind their aircraft and redirected the hot rivers of exhaust skyward. As Svyatopolk slowly advanced the throttle to full dry thrust, he monitored the engine RPM, oil temperature and pressure, and hydraulic pressure. Everything spooled up correctly, and 30 seconds later he engaged the afterburners. Both pilots looked straight at the Catapult Officer and gave him a salute. The yellow-clad officer, actually a fellow aviator that was in charge of all catapult operations, then looked behind the aircraft at the black-clad Final Inspection Officer, actually a Senior Chief in this case. He flashed the Catapult Officer a thumbs-up and ran to the port side of the ship to inspect a KS-3B Viking tanker. Their Catapult Officer surveyed the information displayed his tablet PC one final time to ensure that there were no weather problems, technical difficulties in the catapult, etc. that would prevent the successful launch of the externally-clean flying wing. Upon seeing none, he let the tablet swing from a black cable lashing it to his grease and soot-covered belt, turned to face off the bow away from the howling fighter, and held the catapult trigger above his head in his left hand. With his right, he flashed a thumbs up to his opposite number on the port catapult who was also standing in an identical stance. On the deck in front of the catapults, five amber lights lit up and slowly winked off at one-second intervals.

"Hey," Varfolomey started to say from the back seat, "the INS is working again."

Svyatopolk's reply was strangled off as what felt like God's Fist punched him in the chest. The catapult threw them off the front of the ship with an acceleration six times the force of gravity, bringing their airspeed up to 190 knots as they left the deck. Svyatopolk was ready for this, and dipped his right wing as he pulled their nose up 20° above the horizon and slowly climbed as they quickly gained speed. Three seconds behind them, the KS-3B was shot off and turned left. It would take station above the fleet and relieve the almost dry tanker already on station. The two fighter pilots in their Wyvern climbed to 5,000 feet until they were 15 nautical miles out from the carrier, then began the climb to their patrol station 35,000 feet and 50 nautical miles north-west of the ASW screen of the fleet. They were on station 20 minutes later, where they were joined by the second aircraft of their element, Knight One One Eight.

All Velkanikan aircraft and ships had maintained radio silence and kept their radars in standby to deprive any listeners from detecting any electronic noise since crossing the 10th Parallel a few days prior while they were south of the Equator. A RORSAT pass three hours ago had confirmed the presence of an unidentified carrier task group in about the location where fleet Intelligence believed the Chazicarian 5th Fleet to be. The easiest way to determine what the Cheezits' intentions were was also the easiest; make some noise and see what happens. Five nautical miles behind and 10,000 feet above the two fighters, a propeller-driven E-44 switched its radar from standby to active and blasted radar energy from the giant saucer mounted on the top of the fuselage. This would be detected by every EW system within 400 nautical miles, and probably a couple at 500. One of the radar controllers sitting in the back of the AEW&C aircraft began calling nearby commercial airliners and inquiring about the weather on the general aviation frequency as well. The three pairs of stealth fighters flying nearby remained silent, but now they were being fed the radar picture from the E-44 courtesy of the SATSTAR system.
Last edited by Velkanika on Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The necessity of a navy, in the restricted sense of the word, springs, therefore, from the existence of a peaceful shipping, and disappears with it, except in the case of a nation which has aggressive tendencies, and keeps up a navy merely as a branch of the military establishment. 1
1Alfred T. Mahan, The Influence of Sea Power Upon History, 1660-1783, 12th ed. (Boston: Little Brown and Company, 1890), 26.

Please avoid conflating my in-character role playing with what I actually believe, as these are usually quite different things.

Toiletia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Toiletia » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:14 am

Nillium & Team

Aiming to take another shot, Nillium noticed the Ashbaah sniper taking aim back at him. He saw this as a good time to duck, knowing that they probably had a shot lined up already. Activating his comm device, he spoke to another sniper. Right as he did, the bullet sailed over his head, and splintered the paved ground behind him.

"I got a problem up the hill," he said, and then described the area. He awaited a response. A few seconds later, he got a reply from Warrant Officer Iliono.

"I see what it is. On it, over." Now taking aim, he hoped to catch the unfortunate Bukharabian off guard. Iliono's rifle was loaded with tungsten tipped bullets. This was an anti-armour measure, but there was clearly no armour to worry about.

He held his breath. He could feel his heart pounding, but slowing down as he concentrated on the enemy. Steady now. Iliiono pulled the trigger, aiming directly for the enemy sniper's head.

CO, Team A,

"Stop the shelling!" the CO yelled at the top of his lungs. The mortar teams stopped where they were. A few moments later, another hostile projectile was seen in the air. "Duck for cover!"

The soldiers rushed to get into nearby buildings before the explosives could hit the ground. Many did not make it, and were ripped apart from several directions due to the multitude of blasts.

"That's it! Find the nearest armoured vehicle! We're on a military base, god dammit! There's got to be one around here!" His eyes swept the inside, and then the outside in turn. He spotted what looked like a garage. "This way!" he called. Him and his team charged across to the garage. There were 4 armoured trucks. Perfect! Only 2 would be needed. He got into the passenger seat of one, and half of the team got into the back. The second one had the same setup. Commander Adriack flipped the ignition switch for the driver, and they sped off. They were going to utilize their specialty-the specialty of all fighters native to Toiletia and those who worship Khorne... Close-quarters combat. There was no need to be cautious. This was war, so fast, reckless driving was the least of their concerns. They just had to get up to continue the fight on a new level.

Pooped'on International Airport

The attendant scribbled the answers down, put them in a bottle, and sent the bottle through a chute. It would travel to the main office, where it would be evaluated by Toiletian secret police. Anything that looked suspicious would result in action.
Last edited by Toiletia on Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kill, maim, burn!

Bukharabia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Bukharabia » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:09 pm

Toiletia wrote:Nillium & Team

Aiming to take another shot, Nillium noticed the Ashbaah sniper taking aim back at him. He saw this as a good time to duck, knowing that they probably had a shot lined up already. Activating his comm device, he spoke to another sniper. Right as he did, the bullet sailed over his head, and splintered the paved ground behind him.

"I got a problem up the hill," he said, and then described the area. He awaited a response. A few seconds later, he got a reply from Warrant Officer Iliono.

"I see what it is. On it, over." Now taking aim, he hoped to catch the unfortunate Bukharabian off guard. Iliono's rifle was loaded with tungsten tipped bullets. This was an anti-armour measure, but there was clearly no armour to worry about.

He held his breath. He could feel his heart pounding, but slowing down as he concentrated on the enemy. Steady now. Iliiono pulled the trigger, aiming directly for the enemy sniper's head.

CO, Team A,

"Stop the shelling!" the CO yelled at the top of his lungs. The mortar teams stopped where they were. A few moments later, another hostile projectile was seen in the air. "Duck for cover!"

The soldiers rushed to get into nearby buildings before the explosives could hit the ground. Many did not make it, and were ripped apart from several directions due to the multitude of blasts.

"That's it! Find the nearest armoured vehicle! We're on a military base, god dammit! There's got to be one around here!" His eyes swept the inside, and then the outside in turn. He spotted what looked like a garage. "This way!" he called. Him and his team charged across to the garage. There were 4 armoured trucks. Perfect! Only 2 would be needed. He got into the passenger seat of one, and half of the team got into the back. The second one had the same setup. Commander Adriack flipped the ignition switch for the driver, and they sped off. They were going to utilize their specialty-the specialty of all fighters native to Toiletia and those who worship Khorne... Close-quarters combat. There was no need to be cautious. This was war, so fast, reckless driving was the least of their concerns. They just had to get up to continue the fight on a new level.
-Sniper Team-

This was perfect; the Toiletians were still looking for the snipers on the previous hill. In the minds of most of the Ashbaah; the battle was already won. They knew the Toiletians' every move from the cameras, they perfectly mapped the area, and they've had plenty of time to devise strategies and create dozens of positions for each and every situation. A loss simply was extremely unlikely with all these advantages.

085, Abdullah, aimed his VARIS Railgun at the Berserker Snipers; this time in an even better position which allowed him full vantage over them. He, along with two other snipers, immediately fired upon the Berserkers; with sure shots to two of the supersoldiers.

It was truly an unfair battle, but the Ashbaah prided themselves on being unfair. It was unfortunate that 075 died, a Toiletian round going through his esophagus and severely damaging his heart, but that's just the way the cookie crumbles.

-Mortar Teams-

"Toiletian Berserkers getting into armored trucks; destroy the trucks, then bombard their position with regular H-50 Hell Rain Shells." Cepheus' voice said over the comms

The mortar teams immediately followed his orders, placing five anti-armor GPS-guided shells into the mortars and letting loose once the targets had been found. The shells were designed to destroy Main Battle Tanks, and as such would have no problem decimating a few armored trucks. These shells did not glow, and as such they would not be detected.

After a while, in which they took the time to reload the mortars, they fired another round of shells; these ones using the same principle as the first shells in which they split into several explosive glowing pieces which would decimating the Berserkers once they exited their burning and destroyed vehicles.
Last edited by Bukharabia on Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

The White Knights:

Lyrics:

No horizons
No horizons
Let us forge ahead
Making clear the way
Our Knights!
Onward!

No horizons
World encompassed
Know no limits
Now is the time
Come!
Grab life while we can
It's time
Onward
Bukharabia!

Xanixi
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Xanixi » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:06 pm

Lads, stop with the quoting. Quote = Momentum broken

Burt measly nodded his head. He copied the directions the man spoke and looked back at the major. Obviously, things were going a bit unexpectedly. Arriving and being sent immediately to shore defences wasn't happening, as Burt had oh-so-hoped. But he couldn't argue with the current results, as they were. It seemed that the effectiveness of his battle group had only just begun. His deployment hadn't been completely wasted on frivolous targets and needless positions. After speaking with this new commander, he hoped, his team would be set on the front lines, in locations of major strategic importance.

Even then, he doubted they would ever require it.

Following the major's instructions, he twirled around and walked out of the building. The computers in the main room continued to beep as the grey steel door screeched open, and his lungs breathed fresh air once more.

"We got targets, captain?" one soldier asked eagerly, walking up to Burt. The insignia that rested on his shirt was distinct; he was a staff sergeant. Despite the Emperor and Empress not wearing crowns, the Commonwealth was based around the crown, which expressed the government, but more-so the royal core. They didn't much like it, but the Emperor and Empress, along with their family, had been named the 'Royal Family'.

"Not yet, sergeant," Burt responded, walking down the cement, "I'm going to talk to some colonel and see if we can get placements in strategic locations."

"Deep in the fight, sir?"

"If there ever is one, then yes."

The solder nodded and turned, jogging back to a small group of soldiers that had remained. It seemed that he was explaining the situation to the others, amongst which rested a sub-lieutenant. Interesting turn of events, obviously. It was normally the highest ranking officer in these types of groups that went to ask. It made it seem more professional and official than if a lower rank did the same.

Regardless, Burt paid no attention. He continued stepping across the air field until he reached the building he was told, and looked at the guard. Arriving slowly, he said, "Captain Burt, 37th Task Force, 2nd Detachment, Commonwealth Enforcer Corps. I was sent here by Major Haxov to speak with a Colonel."

Operation Deathclaw
Airport | Toiletia, Pooped'On | 0615 hours

Alistair watched the woman cautiously. He had already been delayed for far too long, and he was getting anxious, though not displaying it. The soldiers from before had put him on alert, if only for a moment, and the first thing he wanted to do was bail out of here and reach the other side so he could regroup with his team and begin organising his operation.

Finally, he was cleared. The woman had finished her paperwork and allowed him to pass.

"Many thanks, lass," he said, passing through the gate. With his bags on hand, he walked through the clear hallways until finding the rest of his team standing.

"Bloody hell," Harvey joked, a smile erupting on his face, "you surely took your time, lad."

"Held up in traffic," Alistair responded, smiling back.

"Hope that doesn't mean your eyes twirled off the eyes of attendant, mate," Gaz joked further. They were lucky to get along as well as they did. Alistair had been on unpleasant missions with unpleasant people before.

"Surely you don't mistake me for a novice, Gaz," Alistair replied. "Come on, we should have a car waiting for us outside." With Alistair taking the lead of the seemingly ordinary tourist group, they walked through the airport, occasionally stopping to give the impression of tourism by whipping out their cameras, with enormous lens attached, to take pictures of the impressive scenery. The brochure they received seemed to believe that people were poor with punitive taxes from the government.

'Can't say I know better already,' Alistair thought to himself, his eyes scanning the surroundings carefully, 'only been here about a half hour, at most.'

Alistair was especially observant. He wasn't deliberately taking pictures of the scenery, like his mates, but he was making mental notes. Patrols, guard numbers in specific sectors, etc. His memory allowed him to actually use that to his advantage; something many people couldn't say. Of course, his team wasn't doing badly either. Although it seemed like they were taking pictures because of tourism, they were taking pictures because of espionage. The first of many assignments for the team.

"Hurry, lads," Alistair said, waving his hand, "we haven't got all day."

Finally, the glass doors to the outside opened and they walked casually to a parked car. It had been left exactly where the renting company had said so, with the keys hidden underneath the car in a black blanket. Not the safest thing, obviously, but Alistair had requested the car be left in a place they could receive it without having an attendant stand by her all day.

Alistair grabbed the keys and hit the big, black button, opening the doors to the vehicle and prompting everyone's entrance. As the last door, the back-right, closed, Gaz began, "Pictures are good. Got some of flight schedules, just for the hell of it. Got pictures of some guards. We can cross-reference their faces to the database and see what we can find. Armaments are in the pictures as well, as we can see just how well these guys are armed."

"More problems than ordinary cops. Strict restrictions on speech, I think," Alistair went on. "My attendant was about to speak about Toiletia when she stopped. She looked to my left, and when I checked, two armed soldiers stood. Military police. She stopped and continued with the attending."

"Odd," Ethan said, "I did see bloody scores of military police around."

"Get any pics?" Alistair asked, his head steering backwards

"Two. Well-armed, so it would seem. Don't think they patrol to keep it safe, though. Generally, military police are kept in separate areas, not the bloody terminals. Or, at least, back home it is."

"Yeah. Back home attendants have clothes on." Harley joked

"What a custom!" Gaz laughed, looking down at his camera.

"All right. We'll analyse what we can at the safehouse and set up shop. You guys got the blinds?"

Ethan nodded, "Yeah. My bag. Thick, black ones."

"We'll need to make sweeps of the apartment to make sure we don't get any bugs around."

"Damn it," Gaz said, with a smile, "I love ladybugs, though."

After a chuckle, Alistair said, "I guess I saw that coming." A pause for a moment, as Gaz continued to fiddle with his camera. "Ooh," he said in a tune, "I got a picture of a high ranking officer, from what I can tell on his uniform."

"Good," Alistair said, igniting the engine, "get it ready for inspection. You never know how might be a good target."
Most Astounding Fact
American and Spanish

Panzara
Envoy

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Panzara » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:39 pm

38th Infantry, 2nd Armored Company | Panzovograd International Airport | 2235 hours CEST July 15th

"The Major sent you? Well in that case don't let me stop you. The Colonel's inside. Try not to let anything he says get to you. You'll know what I mean when you get in there." the guard replied, pulling open the door for Burt.

Once the guard told Burt to head in, he pressed a button on his headset and spoke into it, "Colonel. Visitor Coming, sir. He's with the Commonwealth."

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Re: Right Wing Extremists Attack Panzara

Postby Yohannes » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:40 pm

Treasury Office, Ardenfontein
Yohannes, northeastern Gholgoth

The second Lord of Flannagan, James Rhodesia Flannagan - whose bid to become Her Majesty's Minister of the Treasury for the second consecutive term in office was defeated by the motion of Chancellor Edmund Autenberry and his corporate bordello's plagued Foreign Office high-ranked diplomatic cronies - was the most continuous ingredient in the so-called 'strengthen her commerce and preserve her neutrality abroad' movement over the last decade.

But the old survivor would not survive this time.

In just over two years, after the passing of his latest proposal to the lower assembly of the States-General in regard to the assurance that Her Imperial Majesty's Government would not intervene militarily in New Edom, the man would be dead. His party's opposition, or as Chancellor Autenberry proclaimed once, the 'socialist scum' Yohannesian Labour Party would acquire the capacity to send their candidate to assume the seat of Her Majesty's Minister of the Treasury, for the next eight years. The Empire of Yohannes was about to experience what one Lyran military attaché has called an 'extravagant humanitarian aid initiative' and 'spending-spree of gross proportion'.

That markedly contrasting foreign contributory policy, with that of the general policy of the Chancellor's party, would become apparent in the way that the Labour began to condition and correlate the conduct of foreign aid as well as governmental-backed donor - particularly to vulnerable nations abroad - with the abundance of foreign exchange reserve which the conservative Social Democrat's previous treasury ministers had accumulated for Her Majesty's Government. It goes without saying that, as far as the pro-austerity faction within the Social Democratic Party would like to care about, the Treasury under the Labour was starting the 'passing of Yohannesian economic hegemony' with 'needless spending' to 'undeserving beggars.'

It was an awareness of these negative characteristics that led Empress Garnet to write of ''The Declaration of Treasury Dependency", which prohibited the excessive spending of Yohannesian foreign exchange reserve-generated governmental coffer, without 'the written, authorised permission of Her Imperial Majesty the Empress.' Some foreign observers have noted this event as 'embarrassing' and 'unconstitutional', while some Labour circles have demanded 'less authority of the executive branch'.

None of this should suggest that the Labours assumed ministerial portfolio with the backing of a coherent entity and blueprint of philosophical ideology, however. Its representatives within the States-General were not, on the whole, 'socialists', though most of the party's 'intellectuals', poets and newspaper editors were of socially liberal leaning. Only with the approval of Her Majesty's signature, however, that the present Labour-represented Minister of the Treasury could assemble the sufficient capital to maintain Her Majesty's Imperial Government latest 'foreign aid' accomplishments under the Labour-led Treasury office.

And it was with that limitation in mind that Dr Cornelius Pristine-Christchurch forwarded the Treasury's communiqué to the present government of the United Socialist Republic of Panzara.

From the Desk of Her Majesty's Treasury Minister
[Translated to English] [Translated from Yohannesian]
Ardenfontein, Yohannes
Northeastern Gholgoth
Associated representative
Government of Panzara

Dear Sir/Madam,

The Empire of Yohannes has noted the latest predicament of your represented government. This letter has been written on behalf of Her Majesty's Treasury by I myself personally to show the sincere understanding, condolences and regret which I have felt toward the latest tragedy perpetrated by select extremist factions within Panzara.

If our Labour-led Minister of the Treasury and your represented government have one common and dominant preoccupation; it is how best to use the financial resources which the people we collectively represent have entrusted upon us. For most of the preceding two decades, the conservative Social Democrat-led Treasury Office have ensured that the Empire of Yohannes had not fulfilled its financial aid and monetary donor obligations to the less unfortunate members of this international community. It is, therefore, with regret that I have noted the long list of smears imprinted upon the clean sheet of Yohannesian foreign policy and relations record.

I would like to announce, however, as of the day this letter has reached your desk, that the above policy shall immediately change. Though Her Majesty's the Empress has noted the gulf of political ideology and link which is notably present between our represented government and your represented government in office, it is with a staunch belief in the mutual prosperity of our less-than-fortunate fellow members of the international community that, under my dictation, the Treasury of Her Majesty's Imperial Government shall hereby put forward a monetary transaction surmounting to the full amount of seven hundred and fifty-six billion Universal Standard Dollars to your represented government.

The above monetary fund shall be made henceforth upon the arrival of this letter. Her Imperial Majesty's Government would like to, furthermore, propose the possibility of a future commercial and trade agreement between the United Socialist Republic of Panzara and the Empire of Yohannes. The possibility of the aforementioned initiative, however, will start only upon the conclusion of the present unfortunate situation within the territorial sovereignty of your represented government.

I and Her Majesty the Empress of Yohannes await the official respondance of your represented government.

Sincerely,
The Rt Hon. Cornelius Pristine-Christchurch
Minister of the Treasury
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Panzara
Envoy

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Panzara » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:26 pm

Message from the Panzaran Armed Forces Command

To: The Empire of Yohannes
Encryption: Moderate

As little time as possible was wasted in getting your message directly to my office. Our current status is one of heightened alert, though our borders are secure, save for a special forces incursion that is being more than dealt with by our Bukharabian allies. I digress. The sum of seven hundred and fifty-six billion Universal Standard Dollars($756,000,000,000USD) can be wired to the Federal Digital Income Transfer Account, whose information is supplied in an attachment.

Regarding trade routes, I refer to my previous statement of the relative security of our nation. If you wish, upon entry to the Mediterranean, your cargo and trade vessels will become our responsibility. Any attacks carried out on them for the duration of hostilities within Panzaran borders, waters, or airspace will be considered an attack on the United Socialist Republic. If you are still not comfortable with this concept, then trade routes can be withheld as long as Her Majesty wishes.

Do not hesitate to reply with questions or concerns.

-Commadon Kellov

See attachment

Panzara
Envoy

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Panzara » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:55 pm

3rd Shock Troop Company | Slightly Northeast of Norovich Isle | 0230 hours CEST August 17th

The Panzaran-made TH-160 Hummingbird glided almost silently through the air over the black ocean below, its engines humming quietly. The helicopter was nearly invisible on radar, bearing a radar signature no larger than one of the hummingbirds it was named after. The engines had been silenced and modified to the point where one would only be able to hear the helicopter from a little less than 150 meters. They would only be able to pinpoint where it was from about 100 meters. Almost 65% of the helicopters's exterior was covered in active camouflage systems. The bottom and lower sides of the helicopter projected the images captured by cameras on the top. This meant that, upon looking up, one would only be able to see a slightly distorted night sky. The windows were designed not to reflect any light, as were the lenses on the few exterior lights. The helicopter was the closest thing to invisible that it could be. Inside was a three man Shock Troop fireteam.

Sergeant Aleks Afanasei, Sergeant Lev Meztrov, and Private First Class Simon Gregorovich each wore their full suite of stealth equipment. The equipment was the same that had been used in the strikes against the EPM stronghold: active camouflage vest, black balaclavas, eye pieces with their augmented reality systems, custom-made conventional camouflage for the mission, heavily silenced weapons that projected barely any sound and no muzzle flash, and more. These operatives also wore miniature night vision scopes for their right eye, as it did not have the HUD eyepiece in front of it. Their rifles had thermal scopes, as did their augmented reality equipment. Their uniforms, which were designed to absorb IR light and prevent thermal loss, shielded them from most night vision and IR systems. The fact that it was the dead of night only made their jobs easier.

The fireteam once had four members, but Corporal Oleg Kadovich, one of the fireteams's members, had been killed in action several months earlier. They had not yet received a replacement and weren't sure they wanted one. The fireteam was more than capable of operating with three members and, in addition to that, wasn't sure they wanted some rookie taking Oleg's place.

"ETA 1 minute." the pilot said calmly over the intercom.

"Understood," Afanasei said before returning to his teammates and saying, "Make sure we're ready for this. Remember: our goal is not to engage in a fight. We're not firing at will unless fired upon. Simon, you're on over watch. Lev, you're with me. I'll be point. We find the Toiletian snipers, team leaders, and mortar operators and neutralize them. Lethal force can be used to complete these objectives if necessary. Any questions?"

"30 seconds." the pilot said.

"Good. And remember: if the shit hits the fan, we sound the alarm to call in the army. The QRF they have on hand if we fail is big enough to fill the island to the point where our boys will be standing shoulder to shoulder."

"On location. Lowering ropes." the pilot said.

"Roger," Afanasei responded, "Opening doors now."

On that note, Afanasei slid open the motor assisted side doors, revealing the rope in front of him. Lev did the same on the other side. Afanasei grabbed the rope with his thick gloves and pushed away. He felt the rope swinging below him as he slid downward. It tightened above him as he slid down, his body acting as a weight to keep it taut. The moment his feet touched the ground, he released the rope and rolled away, bringing his heavily modified and silenced Bizon SMG to his hands. He scanned the area where they had fast roped down as Simon followed just behind him. Above them, there was a click. The next moment, the ropes were falling into coiled piles. After a few seconds more, the TH-160 tilted to one side and flew off into the night. Within only seconds, the helicopter was completely inaudible and almost entirely invisible.

All that was left was the fireteam. The three commandos were already moving, the ropes hidden under foliage behind them. They were trying to get away from the landing site as quickly as possible while still remaining invisible. Their being detected while fast roping was unlikely. They had inserted well away from the combat zone. The nearest known Toiletian Berzerkers were the ones that base surveillance said had stolen two Kamaz trucks. They were no less than 200 meters away and, between the noise of the engine, the possible gunfire they could be receiving and/or dispensing, and the other sounds of battle, there was no way they could have detected the commandos.

As the team was running, Afanasei patched himself into the frequency used by the coalition forces. After a brief delay wherein he had to request a relay to the Ashbaah units, he spoke.

"Sergeant Afanasei, 3rd Shocktroop Company, 2nd Shocktroop Brigade. We are on the north end of Norovich Isle. If you have a map of the locations of traps as well as a video feed from the cameras, please relay that information to my team and I. Once we have that, you won't see us or hear from us again."

Xanixi
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Xanixi » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:51 pm

Alistair stared carefully down the scope of his rifle. Impressive, it was. Not Royal-made, but sufficient enough for the leads of his. Surely, of course, the sniper rifle wouldn't be of horrible standards. It was, after all, an British creation.

Before the British Dominion expanded into western Europe, their arms manufacturing companies invested millions of Pounds into developing sniper rifles capable of maintaining themselves at long distances. The outcome turned to be the Royal Model 700B, based off the original Remington Model 700. It proved successful and was a major assistance during her expansion, most especially in Germany, where enormous amounts of urban warfare prevailed. Of course, once the Commonwealth was established and Royal Arms became the number one preferred arms manufacturer in the nation, the Model 700B was replaced with the 'Archer', a far more advanced version of the weapon. The Royal Marines wasted no time in denominating the Model 700B obsolete and removing her from service.

And since that year, the old sniper rifle had become a number one favourite on the black market. Though arms trafficking didn't prevail in the Commonwealth, other nations, much like Toiletia, had an almost unstoppable arms sale. Due to neighbourhoods attacking one another, tracking who had bought it was paramount to impossible.

Alistair clutched the rifle up against his chest and sighed, resting his cheek on the stock of the rifle. His left eye closed quietly, and his right eye, having made contact with the Schmidt & Bender sight, analysed the area around him patiently.

"The streets are rather crowded," Alistair notified his team, "it looks like the mission -is- a go."

"The target?"

"Defence minister. Didn't catch the name, but I've got his bloody face imprinted in my head. One I see him, I'll call him out and we can coordinate a crossfire."

"Crossfire for a single target, sir?" Harvey enquired quietly. He was the number two of the other team; the back up soldier. What Gaz was to Alistair. The sniper of the other team was the second-hand marksman; Nate.

"Bogey is likely to have entourage. Need to take them out, and bail back to camp."

"A wee bit risky, eh?"

"You're SAS. You've practically got a board with big thick letters screaming 'Risk, I'm over here!'".

They stifled their laughs as they continued to observe the streets silently. The sniper had been good for that. Her abilities in urban warfare were staggering. Her small, comfortable size and ability to fire just over a kilometre made her great for distanced assassinations. How the Archer had surpassed this weapon would be beyond most living beings, due to the Model 700B's ability to be so adept at her job. Alistair knew the difference between the two weapons, and suffice it to say the Archer was a nice leap ahead.

After a long silence, with the City Square remaining quite inactive other than the jumping and screaming civilians, Gaz, who sat right next to him with an L85A2 - also a British design, but not the current one in service, which made it significantly more easy to capture her on the black market - asked, "Sir, do you really believe that rifle is going to work? She is quite old?"

"It cost us £1665, mate. And in dollars, too. Getting those $4500 to them makes it good."

"The black market is known for sabotaging their customers, sir."

"We also stormed their facility and kill four of their men in a few heartbeats. The last thing they'd want is our rifle not working."

Gaz nodded his head in response. How, exactly, that SAS team had broken into the facility, and, with mere pistols recovered from a small patrol on the outside of the facility, managed to kill four men and convince them that the weapons were theirs now.

"This team can be pretty intimidating."

"We're SAS. That's part of the job."

"Sir," Nate calmly exclaimed over the radio, "I see a car coming up on the square."

Alistair stuck his eye back into the scope and observed. A fine, black limousine rolled her thick wheels on the asphalt of the road until reaching the steps of the domed building, and out walked the Minister of Defence.

"Al, is that the target?" Nate asked, his view on the other side of the street. "That's the Minister of Defence."

Alistair watched as the man turned from his seat and raised his hand, waving it about and smiling at the crowd.

"Affirmative," he spoke, "that's the target."

The entourage that was normally called 'security' stepped out of the vehicle and rapidly pushed to move him up the streets.

"Are we clear to engage?"

"Engage the entourage. I got the Minister."

"Copy that. Notify."

Alistair moved his sniper rifle carefully, aiming at the torso of the Minister. The updated viewfinder calculated speed, gravitational pull, distance, and a multitude of other factors that would overall affect the trajectory of the round. Alistair quickly accounted for all the information, and had placed the centre of his scope in such a perfect position that practically naught could stop the bullet from impacting its target.

"Team," he said, quietly, ensuring to not move his rifle as his jaw lowered with each word, "engage."

Alistair pulled back on his trigger, closing his right eye and feeling the recoil of the rifle move the scope back slightly. He heard the silenced round leave the barrel, the suppressor absorbing the muzzle flash, making it nigh impossible to track them if they moved quickly, before the Toiletians could mobilise. Along with his own, he heard the shots of the other Model 700B that lurked above and across the street from him.

They had all calculated their shots and pulled the triggers. The rest was up to fate.

Toiletia: I'm aware I don't actually know the name of your minister of defence. It wasn't ever mentioned, and you don't have a factbook of the top echelons of government, so I'm forced to slip by with Alistair not catching his name, though having his face imprinted into his head. Which is what matters, since I doubt people actually identify others with names rather than physical appearances when they're trying to snipe them.

Either way, I hope that doesn't matter.

Now, as for the sniping part, I figured that the map you showed me earlier was sufficient, and so, I utilised it. I vaguely remember you telling me that you secure the surrounding one hundred kilometres (exaggeration) to protect your personnel. What I had in mind was that, perhaps, the soldiers had gone in, checked it out, and the last team (since there are only two dots of two soldiers depicted on the map) managed to create a distraction that drew your troops away. Then they slip through a crack, while your soldiers attempted to control whatever distraction we caused. If you require me to elaborate (or edit it into the post), I'll more than happily oblige.

Is this a problem, or...?
Last edited by Xanixi on Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Most Astounding Fact
American and Spanish

Bukharabia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Bukharabia » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:37 am

Sergeant Afanasei and his soldiers waited, and waited, and waited; but no response came from the Ashbaah.

Suddenly, he felt something tap him on his shoulder; turning around; he saw a man in extremely darkened camouflaged armor that seemed to fit perfectly with the surrounding terrain. His soldiers had just begun to notice the man despite their proximity to him, and quickly aimed their weapons at him.

"073 of the Ashbaah Special Operations Supersoldier group reporting, here to deliver what you've requested." The man said, bringing out a data chip, "Using frequencies, secured or unsecured, to transmit such vital information is something we'd rather not do in this situation. Your assistance is appreciated, but is also unnecessary. Most of the traps have been detonated, but the few remaining traps, along with a live feed from our cameras, are located in this chip."

The White Knights:

Lyrics:

No horizons
No horizons
Let us forge ahead
Making clear the way
Our Knights!
Onward!

No horizons
World encompassed