NATION

PASSWORD

The Walking Dead RP [OOC][OPEN, EP. 4 STARTED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Lucantis
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Lucantis » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:18 pm

NAME: Lewis Walker
NATIONALITY: American
RACE: Caucasian
SKILLS: Enhanced senses (to an acceptable point here)
WEAPONRY: Shotgun, Swiss Army Knife
VEHICLE: At the moment, nothing.
BIOGRAPHY: Before the apocalypse, Walker was in the usual police task enforcer. He also spent 6 months in the military. While stationed in Montana, the Walkers appeared and was too late to save his wife and 3 children. Although he is destroying and killing as many Walkers as possible, he still mourns over Jamie (wife), Kyle, William, and Lewis. The weapons he aquired was from the base in Montana. He always keeps his knife with him and the shotgun was the only thing that was one of 10 things left in the armoury. (Other 10 things were pistols).
APPEARANCE:
Last edited by Lucantis on Wed Aug 8, 2012 11:02 pm, edited 999,999,999,999,999,999 times in total.

Defense condition of FRL
DEFCON 5: Normal readiness
DEFCON 4: Strengthened security measures
DEFCON 3: Increase in force readiness above than required for normal readiness
DEFCON 2: Further increase in force readiness, but less than maximum readiness
DEFCON 1: War is imminent.
OOC
Milky Way RPs that I'm involved in:
Triple Planet Campaign

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:18 pm

Camicon wrote:
Monfrox wrote:You must not know what CAP is then. CAP is an Auxiliary of the Air Force. Which means that it's member as technically in the Air Force, but civilians at the same time. They are volunteers who fly planes, trek through woods, and operate at bases in local airports to conduct Search and Rescue missions for downed aircraft, missing persons, or disaster relief. They are trained in the ways of finding people and learning habits and knowing what to look for while in the grid. Members that are Cadets (which she is) can join as young as 12.

So she's not actually part of the military then? She's part of a "civilian Air Force reserves" type-thing?

No, she is. It's a technicality thing. She's in the military, but the branch she works in doesn't get deployed overseas, nor do they train or carry firearms. It's not the reserves, because they aren't going into the Air Force unless they sign the papers themselves. Which, being a Second Lieutenant, she would be an E-3 after she completed basic training.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Sentinel XV
Senator

Founded: Oct 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Sentinel XV » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:22 pm

Lucantis wrote:NAME: Lewis Walker
BIOGRAPHY: Before the apocalypse, Walker was in the usual police task enforcer. He also spent 6 months in the military. While stationed in Montana, the Walkers appeared and was too late to save his wife and 3 children. Although he is destroying and killing as many Walkers as possible, he still mourns over Jamie (wife), Kyle, William, and Lewis. The weapons he aquired was from the base in Montana. He always keeps his knife with him and the shotgun was the only thing that was one of 10 things left in the armoury. (Other 10 things were pistols).
APPEARANCE:
(Image)

Accepted, so as long as the "Enhanced Senses" are believable.
‹ all genius is a conquering of chaos and mystery

Lucantis
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Lucantis » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:26 pm

Sentinel XV wrote:
Lucantis wrote:NAME: Lewis Walker
APPEARANCE:
(Image)

Accepted, so as long as the "Enhanced Senses" are believable.

Ok.... Any set distance for hearing, sight, and smell?
Last edited by Lucantis on Wed Aug 8, 2012 11:02 pm, edited 999,999,999,999,999,999 times in total.

Defense condition of FRL
OOC
Triple Planet Campaign

Sentinel XV
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sentinel XV » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:29 pm

Lucantis wrote:
Sentinel XV wrote:Accepted, so as long as the "Enhanced Senses" are believable.

I'd go with:

[+.5x] Sight
[+1x] Hearing
[+1x] Smell

Lucantis
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Lucantis » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:31 pm

Sentinel XV wrote:
Lucantis wrote:

I'd go with:

[+.5x] Sight
[+1x] Hearing
[+1x] Smell

So miles?

Anyway.....

Defense condition of FRL
OOC
Triple Planet Campaign

Sentinel XV
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sentinel XV » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:35 pm

Lucantis wrote:
Sentinel XV wrote:I'd go with:

[+.5x] Sight
[+1x] Hearing
[+1x] Smell

So miles?

Anyway.....

It's exponential. You can see .5 times farther than your average man, and your hearing and smell are doubled.

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:36 pm

Monfrox wrote:
Camicon wrote:So she's not actually part of the military then? She's part of a "civilian Air Force reserves" type-thing?

No, she is. It's a technicality thing. She's in the military, but the branch she works in doesn't get deployed overseas, nor do they train or carry firearms. It's not the reserves, because they aren't going into the Air Force unless they sign the papers themselves. Which, being a Second Lieutenant, she would be an E-3 after she completed basic training.

So, at the age of eighteen, she's a Second Lieutenant in the Air Force? Excuse me for finding that a little... fantastical. Even if the entire outfit is civilian in nature, becoming a Second Lieutenant when you're barely old enough to vote seems a little fanciful.
Last edited by Camicon on Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Country of glowing hearts, and patrons of the arts
Help me out
Star spangled madness, united sadness
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Don't shine for swine. - Metric, Soft Rock Star
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Why (Male) Rape Is Hilarious [because it has to be]

Legital
Senator

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Legital » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:40 pm

Camicon wrote:
Monfrox wrote:No, she is. It's a technicality thing. She's in the military, but the branch she works in doesn't get deployed overseas, nor do they train or carry firearms. It's not the reserves, because they aren't going into the Air Force unless they sign the papers themselves. Which, being a Second Lieutenant, she would be an E-3 after she completed basic training.

So, at the age of eighteen, she's a Second Lieutenant in the Air Force? Excuse me for finding that a little... fantastical. Even if the entire outfit is civilian in nature, becoming a Second Lieutenant when you're barely old enough to vote seems a little fanciful.

CAP is not military, its an auxiliary of it I do believe. Its sort of like ROTC, in a way. Not in the military, but affiliated with it. CAP just involves the Air Force.
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere."- Carl Sagan
"The Emperor Protects."
Male, Agnostic, Transhumanist, Independent (USA, politics)

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:42 pm

Camicon wrote:
Monfrox wrote:No, she is. It's a technicality thing. She's in the military, but the branch she works in doesn't get deployed overseas, nor do they train or carry firearms. It's not the reserves, because they aren't going into the Air Force unless they sign the papers themselves. Which, being a Second Lieutenant, she would be an E-3 after she completed basic training.

It's not like she holds any REAL authority in the actual military. The Cadets take orders from Senior members and higher ranking Cadets, but ultimately they can not give orders to anyone who isn't a member/above them. The Air Force is above CAP. Anything else you want me to clear up?
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Verkaria
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Application

Postby Verkaria » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:42 pm

NAME: Richard Stryker, goes by Stryker
RACE: White
SKILLS: Lock-picking, fighting skills, stealth. Hot-wiring vehicles. Intuition.
WEAPONRY: A gladius and a pair of brass knuckles.
VEHICLE: None.
BIOGRAPHY: Richard Stryker came from a strict family that was bent on fitness. His father always tried to get his son to take enhancement drugs, but Stryker would never take them. When Stryker was 16 his father, after years of taking steroids, in a fit of hormonal rage started beating his mother. Stryker jumped on him and ended up strangling him to death. The court was lenient and gave him a year in juvenile detention and 5 years in federal prison. In prison he learned how to fight by prison rules and how to 'keep his mouth shut'. He also learned how to tell what kind of person someone was. After he got out, he joined a crew of hired burglars. He learned how to pick locks, sneak stealthily, break open doors, and hot-wire cars.

After the initial breakout he raided a pawn shop, he stole a gladius and some brass knuckles. Then he set out in search for some kind of purpose.
APPEARANCE: 6"5', muscular, slim. Short brown hair, and green eyes.
Last edited by Verkaria on Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
"There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed."
~ Ernest Hemingway

"Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Give a man a religion and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish."

Sentinel XV
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sentinel XV » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:44 pm

Verkaria wrote:NAME: Richard Stryker, goes by Stryker
RACE: White
SKILLS: Lock-picking, fighting skills, stealth. Hot-wiring vehicles. Intuition.
WEAPONRY: A gladius and a pair of brass knuckles.
VEHICLE: None.
BIOGRAPHY: Richard Stryker came from a strict family that was bent on fitness. His father always tried to get his son to take enhancement drugs, but Stryker would never take them. When Stryker was 16 his father, after years of taking steroids, in a fit of hormonal rage started beating his mother. Stryker jumped on him and ended up strangling him to death. The court was lenient and gave him a year in juvenile detention and 5 years in federal prison. In prison he learned how to fight by prison rules and how to 'keep his mouth shut'. He also learned how to tell what kind of person someone was. After he got out, he joined a crew of hired burglars. He learned how to pick locks, sneak stealthily, break open doors, and hot-wire cars.

After the initial breakout he raided a pawn shop, he stole a gladius and some brass knuckles. Then he set out in search for some kind of purpose.
APPEARANCE: 6"5', muscular, slim. Wears all black clothes and a black beanie (like your usual burglar). Short brown hair, and green eyes.

Accepted.

Macenheim
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Macenheim » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:47 pm

Name: Louis Dallaire
Nationality: French-Canadian American
Race: white
Skills: viral research, advanced first aid, outdoors skills,
Weapons: S&W .357 revolver, short handled pick ax, 4" knife (plus a few hunting weapons at parents house)
Vehicle: 2002 Jeep Liberty
Biography: Louis was born into a large, wealthy family in Quebec. At 6 years old, his parents brought Louis and his five siblings to America because of a financial crisis with his dad's biological lab. Louis was fascinated with the bio-medical profession from 13 years old and has done well so far through high school biology classes. He was also an avid basket ball player and cross country runner in high school. He was accepted into Michigan and graduated after four years with a Master's in Bio-medicine. He was hired into a local lab as a tech and has even conducted study on neurological viruses. At the climax of the Apocalypse, Louis had 2 years of professional work in the field of disease, was physically active, and an Eagle Scout. Plus he has access to His parent's .300 scoped hunting rifle and their Remington 870 with upgraded sights. App. 6'3", 182 lbs., prefers light clothes that allow him to move fast.

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:49 pm

Monfrox wrote:
Camicon wrote:So, at the age of eighteen, she's a Second Lieutenant in the Air Force? Excuse me for finding that a little... fantastical. Even if the entire outfit is civilian in nature, becoming a Second Lieutenant when you're barely old enough to vote seems a little fanciful.

It's not like she holds any REAL authority in the actual military. The Cadets take orders from Senior members and higher ranking Cadets, but ultimately they can not give orders to anyone who isn't a member/above them. The Air Force is above CAP. Anything else you want me to clear up?

Nothing that's of any import.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Help me out
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Sentinel XV
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sentinel XV » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:50 pm

Macenheim wrote:Name: Louis Dallaire
Nationality: French-Canadian American
Race: white
Skills: viral research, advanced first aid, outdoors skills,
Weapons: S&W .357 revolver, short handled pick ax, 4" knife (plus a few hunting weapons at parents house)
Vehicle: 2002 Jeep Liberty
Biography: Louis was born into a large, wealthy family in Quebec. At 6 years old, his parents brought Louis and his five siblings to America because of a financial crisis with his dad's biological lab. Louis was fascinated with the bio-medical profession from 13 years old and has done well so far through high school biology classes. He was also an avid basket ball player and cross country runner in high school. He was accepted into Michigan and graduated after four years with a Master's in Bio-medicine. He was hired into a local lab as a tech and has even conducted study on neurological viruses. At the climax of the Apocalypse, Louis had 2 years of professional work in the field of disease, was physically active, and an Eagle Scout. Plus he has access to His parent's .300 scoped hunting rifle and their Remington 870 with upgraded sights. App. 6'3", 182 lbs., prefers light clothes that allow him to move fast.

Accepted.

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:55 pm

Camicon wrote:
Monfrox wrote:It's not like she holds any REAL authority in the actual military. The Cadets take orders from Senior members and higher ranking Cadets, but ultimately they can not give orders to anyone who isn't a member/above them. The Air Force is above CAP. Anything else you want me to clear up?

Nothing that's of any import.

So you now have an understanding that the Second Lieutenant position is there as a Leadership reference and makes her more than able to take care of herself and some others. Note that at no point in this discussion was I being sarcastic.

Achievement

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:01 pm

Monfrox wrote:
Camicon wrote:Nothing that's of any import.

So you now have an understanding that the Second Lieutenant position is there as a Leadership reference and makes her more than able to take care of herself and some others. Note that at no point in this discussion was I being sarcastic.

If I didn't then I'd be asking you more questions.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Help me out
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun

Nexeria
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nexeria » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:04 pm

Seems I get to be the character that drives the vehicle everyone lives in, like the Dale and the RV from the show. Yay.
Last edited by Nexeria on Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have no mouth. And I must scream.
-Ted the Voiceless Blob

Sentinel XV
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sentinel XV » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:08 pm

Nexeria wrote:Seems I get to be the character that drives the vehicle everyone lives in, like the Dale and the RV from the show. Yay.

Seriously.. fuck Carl. If that little bitch had had the balls to shoot the Walker, or at least tell Rick or Shane or someone, Dale would still be alive. Goddamnit.

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:10 pm

Sentinel XV wrote:
Nexeria wrote:Seems I get to be the character that drives the vehicle everyone lives in, like the Dale and the RV from the show. Yay.

Seriously.. fuck Carl. If that little bitch had had the balls to shoot the Walker, or at least tell Rick or Shane or someone, Dale would still be alive. Goddamnit.

Damn straight. Little bastard got one of the best characters in the show killed.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Help me out
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun

Legital
Senator

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Legital » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:11 pm

Sentinel XV wrote:

Dale did not make it? Damn, he was one of my favorites. What about Daryl? I have not caught up on the last few episodes.
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere."- Carl Sagan
"The Emperor Protects."
Male, Agnostic, Transhumanist, Independent (USA, politics)

Nexeria
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nexeria » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:11 pm

Sentinel XV wrote:

I see your still hurt by that episode.
I have no mouth. And I must scream.
-Ted the Voiceless Blob

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:12 pm

Legital wrote:
Sentinel XV wrote:Seriously.. fuck Carl. If that little bitch had had the balls to shoot the Walker, or at least tell Rick or Shane or someone, Dale would still be alive. Goddamnit.

Dale did not make it? Damn, he was one of my favorites. What about Daryl? I have not caught up on the last few episodes.

Still being a badass mo'fo' like he always is.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Help me out
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:13 pm

Camicon wrote:
Monfrox wrote:So you now have an understanding that the Second Lieutenant position is there as a Leadership reference and makes her more than able to take care of herself and some others. Note that at no point in this discussion was I being sarcastic.

If I didn't then I'd be asking you more questions.

Good to know I explained things well.

Achievement

Sentinel XV
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sentinel XV » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:15 pm

Nexeria wrote:
Sentinel XV wrote:Seriously.. fuck Carl. If that little bitch had had the balls to shoot the Walker, or at least tell Rick or Shane or someone, Dale would still be alive. Goddamnit.

I see your still hurt by that episode.

Traumatized, really. Dale was hands-down my favorite character, with Daryl being a very, very close second.

Camicon wrote:
Legital wrote:

Still being a badass mo'fo' like he always is.

Daryl is a boss. Easily the best survivor in the group. Smart, too, because he uses that crossbow but backs it up with a pistol. Many a time has his stealth and ingenuity saved people in the group.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse