NATION

PASSWORD

Super Hero High (old OOC, search for new one)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:07 pm

I think I forgot to mention this earlier, but all the player characters will be in the same group during the mission, including the teachers. The only exception being Dominic, who will be in the other one.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:46 pm

Mighty Asgard wrote:I think I forgot to mention this earlier, but all the player characters will be in the same group during the mission, including the teachers. The only exception being Dominic, who will be in the other one.

Oh great! More arguing with ensue!:P

Also, once my freaking self actually wakes up, I'm REALLY going to read the IC now and post.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Founded: Feb 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:20 pm

Corrian wrote:
Mighty Asgard wrote:I think I forgot to mention this earlier, but all the player characters will be in the same group during the mission, including the teachers. The only exception being Dominic, who will be in the other one.

Oh great! More arguing with ensue!:P

Also, once my freaking self actually wakes up, I'm REALLY going to read the IC now and post.

Oh my deus!

Hossana meus,
fortuna deus,
aeterna teus,
mystre morte,
sancte pior!

No. No. NO! NOOOO!

Well, I guess it is as good a time as any to re-roll the stats for our new characters assuming we are not running on the rules of "Paranoia" which state that you have six clones as back-up considering just how hilariously lethal that world is. Assuming that rule is not in play, I would recommend you start preparing new characters and re-roll. Hell, you may just get a +3 vorpal sword if your rolls are that good and maybe have an eighteen in a stat. This time, we should try to roll high numbers in "wisdom" instead of "strength".
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,
The Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton II of the People of the DSA and Protector of Ukraine
Inaugurated 12:06 A.M. Ecuador Standard Time, June 26, 2014; crowned 12:23 A.M. EST; June 26, 2014; instituted the Separation of Positions 1:07 A.M. EST, June 26, 2014; retired from office 4:58 P.M. EST, June 27, 2014; returned to office 1:05 A.M. EST, June 30, 2014; retired again 12:05 P.M. EST

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:30 pm

Altruistic Paladins wrote:
Corrian wrote:Oh great! More arguing with ensue!:P

Oh my deus!

Hossana meus,
fortuna deus,
aeterna teus,
mystre morte,
sancte pior!

No. No. NO! NOOOO!

Well, I guess it is as good a time as any to re-roll the stats for our new characters assuming we are not running on the rules of "Paranoia" which state that you have six clones as back-up considering just how hilariously lethal that world is. Assuming that rule is not in play, I would recommend you start preparing new characters and re-roll. Hell, you may just get a +3 vorpal sword if your roles are that good and maybe have an eighteen in a stat. This time, we should try to roll high numbers in "wisdom" instead of "strength".

Eh, I'm going to catch up and make one big catch up post. I feel kinda stupid for taking a week or so off from posting on like, anything on NationStates, because I missed a lot of important things I could of made some good responses. Though my characters always tend to be followers, so it really wouldn't be that bad. But I'm going to make responses to anything important anyway, so my post will be big, but made in 'rushed form' because there's no reason to go into overly detailed responses to crap that happened 7 days ago.
My Last.FM and RYM

Ranbo
Minister

Founded: Aug 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ranbo » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:00 pm

Don't know if you have enough teachers, but I'll bite anyway:

Name: Ichihara Ryota
Nationality: Japanese/Korean
Height: 7'3"
Weight: 150 lbs
Hair: Pure White
Eyes: Piercing Blue
Costume (if any):
While Teaching;
•Assortment of black suits
•Casual Fridays: Hawaiian T-Shirt and Jeans
While Not Teaching:
•Black suits morph into white cloak, white boots, complete with white aura
—Does not attempt to conceal identity
Abilities:
Manipulation of Willpower
—By staring into subject's eyes, can bend subject to will
—Temporarily influences subject's actions
—Subject susceptible to persuasion of any kind
Manipulation of Senses:
—Can change senses of people
Ex:
•Can make people see things that aren't there
•Can make people smell scents that aren't ther
•Can make people hear sounds that aren't there
•Can make people feel sensations that aren't there
—Doesn't work on the Taste sense
—Limitations: Only works on individuals to small groups of people(Say, up to 10)
Subject: Disaster Prevention
—Half Semester
—Required for Heroes, Elective for Villains
—Prepares Heroes to take down Villains without causing extensive damage to surrounding areas
—Must pass Final Exam, or required to take class again(Heroes only)
Brief Bio:
Early Life:
Nobody knows where Ichihara Ryota originated from—all that he ever disclosed was that his mother was Japanese, his father South Korean. Claims to be a mutant, born with his powers.

Time as Hero:

Ichihara Ryota was always open as a hero, his Alias was simply Ryota. First appearing in Japan 30 years ago, Ryota was known for keeping the peace in his apparent 'hometown' of Tokyo. Very popular, he was known for defeating such menaces (Might I mention repeatedly) as MaMan(Demon Man), and DeathMare(No translation needed).

However, recently, Ryota 'retired' for no apparent reason. The media was abuzz for months speculating, until Ichihara, fed up with the lies the media was feeding him, disclosed that he was taking a year of vacation, and he'd be back at the end of the year.

However, at that time, Ichihara was surprise-attacked by his arch-nemesis, Hyata the Hyper Samurai. Though he managed to beat him back, Ryota felt something break inside of him, and sadly, realized it was his will to fight.

Retirement:

Now a pacifist, Ryota turned to teaching the next generation of superpowers to take on the challenges he left.

He has been recently hired by the school.
Last Edited by Charlie at 4:00 Oogle Time, 1,000,000 times in total

I am from the States of America. I dropped the United a hell of a while ago.
Bhastion Brews. For the coffee lover in you.

Jenrak, kick cancer in the face. We're all proud of your courage.

Hetland 2
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Hetland 2 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:39 pm

I'll make my post tomorrow. I've got a hell of a lot of things to attend to...
Don't worry. I'm just a bridge troll that feeds on forum drama.
Harbinger of the RP endtimes.
we will send a air stare on libya if they don't stop their attack
The krang countered the wave with something. And continued to try and take over the decepticon seeker.
Everybody! Can you stop saying that the cargo ship sinking we have done lately was a war crime. We were trying to economically destroy the UK.
Mair glows brightly and transforms in a human, wearing a white cloak, "leave us"
"FIRE IN THE HOE" he bellowed before triggering the explosive.
Julius Ceasar was a normal 14 year old who played Elder Tale in Russia.
We have already established, more powerful beings are not a proper weakness.

I miss Kare-bear :C

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:06 pm

So, finally caught up. Would of posted earlier, but spent about an hour mowing the back yard until 9:30 PM while it was cooler. The whole friggen new page is only my post, it's kinda nuts. It feels good to be caught up, and to actually be a part of this again, and not have to worry about being so left behind, and getting more and more left behind the more I shrugged posting off.
My Last.FM and RYM

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:23 am

Ranbo: accepted.

Ranbo
Minister

Founded: Aug 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ranbo » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:55 am

So...where are we in the year? It would be easy enough if we were exactly half in(nothing much to it, dropping a half semester teacher in like that), but I doubt it's going to work all nice like that. Should I just introduce him coming/already there, or do you have something other in mind?
Last Edited by Charlie at 4:00 Oogle Time, 1,000,000 times in total

I am from the States of America. I dropped the United a hell of a while ago.
Bhastion Brews. For the coffee lover in you.

Jenrak, kick cancer in the face. We're all proud of your courage.

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:36 am

So...what do these shuttles look like exactly? I doubt they look like the NASA Orbiters that we're all familiar with, and they're big enough to take down a full class, but beyond that it's sorta...open.
Battletech RP: Giant walking war machines, space to surface fighters, and other implements blowing things up= lots of fun! Sign up here
We even have a soundtrack!

RIP Caroll Shelby 1923-2012
Aurora, Oak Creek, Happy Valley, Sandy Hook. Just how high a price are we willing to pay?

Nakarisaune
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 17, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nakarisaune » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:37 am

Northern Dominus wrote:So...what do these shuttles look like exactly? I doubt they look like the NASA Orbiters that we're all familiar with, and they're big enough to take down a full class, but beyond that it's sorta...open.

Eh, I always assumed they looked like a plane with very strange wings :P
"Nakari won best WW player, awarded to the person who is best at lying." - Fratt

"I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a point with a hundred endorsements. It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what."

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Founded: Feb 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:00 am

Nakarisaune wrote:
Northern Dominus wrote:So...what do these shuttles look like exactly? I doubt they look like the NASA Orbiters that we're all familiar with, and they're big enough to take down a full class, but beyond that it's sorta...open.

I always assumed a similar idea. I have heard of the various thought experiments for airplanes that would be able to go high enough to enter orbit around the Earth, so I just assumed they looked like a high-tech version of a Concord with heat-shielding from the illustrations of those ideas.
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,
The Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton II of the People of the DSA and Protector of Ukraine
Inaugurated 12:06 A.M. Ecuador Standard Time, June 26, 2014; crowned 12:23 A.M. EST; June 26, 2014; instituted the Separation of Positions 1:07 A.M. EST, June 26, 2014; retired from office 4:58 P.M. EST, June 27, 2014; returned to office 1:05 A.M. EST, June 30, 2014; retired again 12:05 P.M. EST

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:20 am

Altruistic Paladins wrote:
Nakarisaune wrote:Eh, I always assumed they looked like a plane with very strange wings :P

I always assumed a similar idea. I have heard of the various thought experiments for airplanes that would be able to go high enough to enter orbit around the Earth, so I just assumed they looked like a high-tech version of a Concord with heat-shielding from the illustrations of those ideas.
See in my mind's eye they look like an advanced version of the Lockheed X-33 or Blackstar (the one on the right not the Valkyrie), maybe with different aero surfaces for aero-elastic wings but recognizable as a plane.

Of course, they could look even more outlandish.
Battletech RP: Giant walking war machines, space to surface fighters, and other implements blowing things up= lots of fun! Sign up here
We even have a soundtrack!

RIP Caroll Shelby 1923-2012
Aurora, Oak Creek, Happy Valley, Sandy Hook. Just how high a price are we willing to pay?

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:43 am

Nakarisaune wrote:

http://www.seattlepi.com/business/boein ... oto-750067
My Last.FM and RYM

Phaloxian
Envoy

Founded: Jun 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Phaloxian » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:11 pm

Hey anyone on?

Nakarisaune
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 17, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nakarisaune » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:22 pm

Phaloxian wrote:Hey anyone on?

Why?
"Nakari won best WW player, awarded to the person who is best at lying." - Fratt

"I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a point with a hundred endorsements. It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what."

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:15 pm

They have the basic shape of a slightly flattened airplane, but with wings and engines that allow for VTOL and hovering. Of course they also have the necessary components to maneuver in space.

Ranbo wrote:So...where are we in the year? It would be easy enough if we were exactly half in(nothing much to it, dropping a half semester teacher in like that), but I doubt it's going to work all nice like that. Should I just introduce him coming/already there, or do you have something other in mind?

We're only about two and a half weeks in to the school year. It's up to you how you want to introduce him, either way works.

Ularn
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:35 pm

Ranbo wrote:Don't know if you have enough teachers, but I'll bite anyway:

Name: Ichihara Ryota
Nationality: Japanese/Korean
Height: 7'3"
Weight: 150 lbs
Hair: Pure White
Eyes: Piercing Blue
Costume (if any):
While Teaching;
•Assortment of black suits
•Casual Fridays: Hawaiian T-Shirt and Jeans
While Not Teaching:
•Black suits morph into white cloak, white boots, complete with white aura
—Does not attempt to conceal identity
Abilities:
Manipulation of Willpower
—By staring into subject's eyes, can bend subject to will
—Temporarily influences subject's actions
—Subject susceptible to persuasion of any kind
Manipulation of Senses:
—Can change senses of people
Ex:
•Can make people see things that aren't there
•Can make people smell scents that aren't ther
•Can make people hear sounds that aren't there
•Can make people feel sensations that aren't there
—Doesn't work on the Taste sense
—Limitations: Only works on individuals to small groups of people(Say, up to 10)
Subject: Disaster Prevention
—Half Semester
—Required for Heroes, Elective for Villains
—Prepares Heroes to take down Villains without causing extensive damage to surrounding areas
—Must pass Final Exam, or required to take class again(Heroes only)
Brief Bio:
Early Life:
Nobody knows where Ichihara Ryota originated from—all that he ever disclosed was that his mother was Japanese, his father South Korean. Claims to be a mutant, born with his powers.

Time as Hero:

Ichihara Ryota was always open as a hero, his Alias was simply Ryota. First appearing in Japan 30 years ago, Ryota was known for keeping the peace in his apparent 'hometown' of Tokyo. Very popular, he was known for defeating such menaces (Might I mention repeatedly) as MaMan(Demon Man), and DeathMare(No translation needed).

However, recently, Ryota 'retired' for no apparent reason. The media was abuzz for months speculating, until Ichihara, fed up with the lies the media was feeding him, disclosed that he was taking a year of vacation, and he'd be back at the end of the year.

However, at that time, Ichihara was surprise-attacked by his arch-nemesis, Hyata the Hyper Samurai. Though he managed to beat him back, Ryota felt something break inside of him, and sadly, realized it was his will to fight.

Retirement:

Now a pacifist, Ryota turned to teaching the next generation of superpowers to take on the challenges he left.

He has been recently hired by the school.

I think Scott might have acquired himself a role-model :)
ULARN INTERSTELLAR FEDERATION
Many Worlds; One Ring!
FACTBOOK | Q&A | EMBASSIES & FOREIGN OFFICE | #NSFT | #NSLegion | TRIPLICATE DEFENCE INDUSTRIES
P2tM
Broken World: Beastmasters | Of Zombies and Men
Jesus was a carpenter, so really I'm the one doing God's work - all anyone else cares about is what he got up to on the dole!

Ularn
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:37 pm

I described them here: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=174973&p=9703734&hilit=silver#p9703734
Many Worlds; One Ring!
FACTBOOK | Q&A | EMBASSIES & FOREIGN OFFICE | #NSFT | #NSLegion | TRIPLICATE DEFENCE INDUSTRIES
P2tM
Jesus was a carpenter, so really I'm the one doing God's work - all anyone else cares about is what he got up to on the dole!

Phaloxian
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Phaloxian » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:41 pm

Hey i made my own RP and got Stattr to play she is my co-op hehe.

Ularn
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:44 pm

Phaloxian wrote:Hey i made my own RP and got Stattr to play she is my co-op hehe.

That's great...What does it have to do with us?
Many Worlds; One Ring!
P2tM

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:46 pm

Phaloxian wrote:Hey i made my own RP and got Stattr to play she is my co-op hehe.

Please stop posting here.

Phaloxian
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Phaloxian » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:47 pm

hmm okay i was just bragging and cause Stattr is not on now it makes life really boring.

Phaloxian
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Phaloxian » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:48 pm

Oh and your a jerk tata folks

Hetland 2
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Hetland 2 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:05 pm

Shit. Can anyone tell me what's going on? Cause if its a mission my reentrance might be later...
Don't worry. I'm just a bridge troll that feeds on forum drama.
Harbinger of the RP endtimes.
we will send a air stare on libya if they don't stop their attack
The krang countered the wave with something. And continued to try and take over the decepticon seeker.
Everybody! Can you stop saying that the cargo ship sinking we have done lately was a war crime. We were trying to economically destroy the UK.
Mair glows brightly and transforms in a human, wearing a white cloak, "leave us"
"FIRE IN THE HOE" he bellowed before triggering the explosive.
Julius Ceasar was a normal 14 year old who played Elder Tale in Russia.
We have already established, more powerful beings are not a proper weakness.

I miss Kare-bear :C

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse