NATION

PASSWORD

Beach Cup 2 (RP/Rosters/Results)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Sarrbia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Beach Cup 2 (RP/Rosters/Results)

Postby Sarrbia » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:13 pm

Welcome to the 2nd edition of the Beach Cup, hosted by Sarrbia. In the 1st Beach Cup, the host nation Hossaim took home 1st place with a 7-5 win over Kazzoria in the championship. After a successful inaugural tournament of 14 nations, the Beach Cup is back, this time with 20 nations. Despite controversy in the sign-up and host bid process, we are certain this torunament will be full of some great Beach Soccer! Will Hossaim defend their title and win their 2nd Beach Cup? Will Kazzoria avenge their loss in the championship and take the crown? Or will a new nation rise up and shock the world?

Below you will find the group draw, the schedule, and other information about The Beach Cup 2.

Group 1
Games at Cinnamon Beach Arena

Hossaim
Sarrbia
Garon Averia
Vulshain
Vekaiyu

Group 2
Games at Concord Enterprises Stadium

Kazzoria
Meguroko
Great- Britain
Mangolana
Civil Citizenry

Group 3
Games at Sanders Sportsplex

Delaclava
D Land and Isles
Eastfield Lodge
Eurentus
Megadia

Group 4
Games at Sapphire Stadium

Western Cuba
Carasatoga
Spitfyred1
Altimarus
Corpi

For this edition of the Beach Cup in Sarrbia, there will be 4 groups of 5 teams. In every group, each team will play each other 2 times for a total of 10 matchdays in the group stage. When these 10 have been concluded, the top 2 teams in each group (8 total) will advance to a knockout stage. From there will be quarterfinals, semifinals, 3rd place game, and the Championship. There is a detailed schedule below.

SCHEDULE

MD1: 2 vs 5 and 3 vs 4 (Jan. 14)
MD2: 2 vs 3 and 1 vs 5 (Jan. 15)
MD3: 1 vs 4 and 5 vs 3 (Jan. 16)
MD4: 3 vs 1 and 2 vs 4 (Jan. 17)
MD5: 1 vs 2 and 4 vs 5 (Jan. 18)

Friendlies (Jan. 19)

MD6: 2 vs 5 and 3 vs 4 (Jan. 21)
MD7: 2 vs 3 and 1 vs 5 (Jan. 22)
MD8: 1 vs 4 and 5 vs 3 (Jan. 23)
MD9: 3 vs 1 and 2 vs 4 (Jan. 24)
MD10: 1 vs 2 and 4 vs 5 (Jan. 25)

Quarterfinals (Jan. 26)
Semi-Finals (Jan. 27)
Third Place Game and Championship (Jan. 28)

Other Information

As you can see, the first matchday will be scorinated the night of Friday January 14. This should give everybody plenty of time to post rosters and get RPs in in time. Scorination will generally be done 10:00 CST, however I may be a few hours late or early on some nights. The Beach Cup 2 is scorinated using NSFS 3. Results will be heavily determined by RP bonus. Rankings developed by Hossaim using results from Beach Cup 1 will be used, but RP bonus will be far more significant. RPs will be graded on a scale of 1 to 5, based on my judgement.

When you post your roster, include a style modifier ranging from -5 to +5. Remember that -5 is the most defensive and +5 is the most offensive

Venues

Capacity: 20,000

Cinnamon Beach Arena is the premiere beach soccer location in all of Sarrbia. It is located near beautiful Palm Coast, the capital of Sarrbia. Not only does Cinnamon Beach Arena offer pristine scenery and access to the capital, but it also holds 20,000 fans and is one of the largest stadiums of its kind in the world. The pitch's sand is extremely soft and powdery-making it one of the best tourism-and beach soccer-locations in Sarrbia. The Championship Game and other important games will be played at Cinnamon Beach Arena.

Capacity: 9,000

Concord Stadium is located near Wypuli, Sarrbia's unofficial Beach Soccer capital. While not quite as extravagant or high quality as Cinnamon Beach Arena, Concord Stadium holds 9,000 spectators and is an excellent venue for the Beach Cup. Concord Stadium will be used for playoff matches of secondary importance and some group stage matches.

Capacity: 8,600

The Milo Sanders Oceanside Sportsplex, often shortened to Sanders Sportsplex, is a multi-purpose beach sports facility in Malton, Sarrbia. Most often used for beach soccer, Sanders Sportsplex can hold just over 8,000 fans at maximum capacity. The sand at the MSOS is harder and more dense than the sand at the previous two venues, which makes it slightly more challenging to play at. Despite this, it is still one of the finest Sarrbia has to offer and will be used for group stage matches and any playoff games not covered by the prior two venues.

Capacity: 6,400

Sapphire Stadium is the only location of the four that is not situated on an actual beach. Instead is located near Sarrbia's only mountain range and offers amazing scenery. Sand is imported from Wypuli, the location of Concord Stadium. Sapphire Stadium is brand new and is the cleanest and most high-tech of the stadiums, although it is smaller, holding 6,400 fans. Sapphire Stadium will be used for the group stage.

Friendlies

There will be a day for friendly matches halfway through the group stage. Each nation may have no more than 2 friendlies. Friendlies may be discussed and planned in the discussion thread.

Confirmed Friendlies (5)
All friendlies are played in Sarrbia. You may pick the venue, however. If you do not, I will.

Civil Citizenry vs. Sarrbia
Crasatoga vs. Civil Citizenry
Garon Averia vs. Carasatoga
Altimarus vs. Vulshain
Sarrbia vs. Kazzoria

All OOC commentary should go in the discussion thread.
If you have any questions or want to know more about Sarrbia ask me or refer to my host bid
For those that don't know much 'bout beach soccer, this would be helpful
Map of Sarrbiathat shows locations of all the stadiums
That's about it! Post rosters, RP, and most of all, have fun!
Last edited by Sarrbia on Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:54 pm, edited 21 times in total.
Map of Sarrbia
Co-Founder and two-time host of the Beach Cup
Qualified for World Cup 56, 57

Hossaim
Minister

Founded: Oct 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Hossaim » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:19 pm

Coach: Terry Fenords
Assistant Coach: Mohamed Fo Zalid
Team Medic: Tom Zefrenterg

Starting V:
GK: Parker Stevens 28
DF: Carl Bisohp, 25
DF: Many Qenello, 35
FW: Jerry Renalds, 26
FW: Andrew Peralton, 24

Bench
GK: Noah Gooper, 24
DF: David Verbon, 28
DF: Sean Embed, 20
FW: Harry Jaberlick, 18
FW: Wayne Ronan, 26

Style: +3
Hossaim Family of F7
Nicolas Hossaim (Headmaster of Waverly Academy)
Jamie Hossaim (wife of Nicolas Hossaim)
Steven Hossaim (Son of Nicolas Hossaim, Court Wizard of Castle Talos)
Mark Hossaim (Son of Nicolas Hossaim, Necromancer at F7 Graveyard)

Mangolana
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mangolana » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:36 pm

Today Mangolana announced its first ever beach cup team for beach cup 2, it's roster is as follows

Head coach/Manager: John Simontine Forenzo
Assistant Coach: Fransico Mollacery
Trainer: Dr. Han Simmons
Equitment Manager: Soo Wanapet

Starting Lineup

Goalkeeper: Ronald Fernando
Defensive Back Left: Juan Mangellan
Defensive Back Right: Shaun Gernazo
Midfielder Center: Joseph Juanapert
Attacking Center: Assante Mucasa

Reserves

Goalkeeper: Jacob Montesuma
Defensive back: John Simila
Defensive Back: Huante Mucasa
Midfielder: Rashan Forenta
Attacker: Elfonso Marrella

Style: +1

As you can see Mangolana beach soccer fans, Mangolana is coming into this tournament, all guns ablazing. This as Coach Forenzo says " this could be our year, and I hope it is." We will just have to wait and see.
Last edited by Mangolana on Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pronounced: Man-Go-Lan-a
Deuce is Loose
Qualified for World Cup 59, 60, 65
Hosted: World Lacrosse Championship XI, Market Cup, Market Cup II, Soccer for Hope, Beach Cup 4, WISC 2, WISC 4, Campeonato Rushmori Juvenil Sub-20 and Sub-17
Won: Beach Cup IX
Second: Market Cup, Graveyard Cup
Third: Market Cup II, WIF/SC II
Fourth: Market Cup 4
Quartefinals: IBC 8, World Lacrosse Campionship XI, World Junior Ice hockey Championship, Buchadinger Cup II, Market Cup 3

Vulshain
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Vulshain » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:06 pm

THE CONFEDERATE SENTINEL

Vulshain's Tidal Sea-Wolves Ready for Some Action in the Second Beach Cup!

The Tidal Sea-Wolves are Vulshain’s first international beach soccer team. The team’s outfits include both one-piece and two-piece sports uniforms for women and trucks and shorts for men. However, the two-piece outfits are quite comfortable according to goalie Gitta Monika, who admits that the two-pieces aren’t that bad in terms of modesty. “They’re actually quite modest, as far as two-pieces go that is.” Zina Teodozja, however, has chosen to wear a one-piece suit, mainly because of her religion. “I’m a Vayan Catholic, and I have nothing against my other teammates’ preference to wear bikinis and two-pieces. I’m just not comfortable wearing one that’s all.”

Here is the Tidal Sea-Wolves' roster, including staff.

Starting Lineup:

Gitta Monika (Female Vulpine age 22): Goalie

Dietlinde Annegret (Female Lobo age 23): Defensive Back Left

Hanako Melitta (Female Lobo age 23): Defensive Back Right

Zina Teodozja (Female Vulpine age 20): Midfielder Right

Velimir Bernard (Male Vulpine age 24): Midfielder Left

Reserves:

Goran Halim (Male Lobo age 25): Goalie

Alfreda Esfir (Female Human age 26): Defensive Back Left

Julek Mehmed (Male Vulpine age 23): Attacking Center

Kamil Malte (Male Vulpine age 24): Midfielder Right

Branislava Luba (Female Vulpine age 23): Defensive Back Right

Meine Uriasz (Male Lobo age 24): Midfielder Left

Yekaterina Agata (Female Lobo age 25): Goalie

Staff:

Stephanie Gennadiya (Female Vulpine age 28): Head Coach/Manager

Charlotte Kader (Female Lobo age 27): Assistant Coach/Assistant Manager

Severin Kudret (Male Lobo age 26): Trainer

Bronislav Grigoriy (Male Vulpine age 25): Equipment Manager

Vladislava Alicja (Female Vulpine age 26): Team Medic

The Tidal Sea-Wolves are ready to win and have been practicing. "There are a lot of good teams out there, but we are planning to win. This is what we've been training and practicing for!" Alfreda Esfir, the only human on the team and the reserve Defensive Back Left player, said this right before she was lifted onto the shoulders of her teammates Goran Halim, the starting Defensive Back Right player and Meine Uriasz reserve Midfielder Left. "Vulshain all the way!" This was the battlecry the three Sea-Wolves shouted!

When asked about this, team manager and head coach Stephanie Gennadiya simply laughed. "I used to be like them too. We've all been practicing real hard to get here. I've even practiced alongside my players. In my opinion, to be an excellent coach, you have to practice with your team. I treat them not as players who I coach, and they don't see me as their manager and head coach. We see each other as teammates."

There is a lot of talk about the future match between Vulshain and Vekaiyu, but for right now, the Sea-Wolves are focusing on their match against Garon Averia's team. The Tidal Sea-Wolves are ready and pumped!

The staff of The Confederate Sentinel sends this message to the players and staff of the Tidal Sea-Wolves: Go get them!

OOC: Style: +2

The Sea-Wolves are somewhat aggressive, but they also focus on defense.

RP Permissions:
Available for Friendlies: Yes
RP my Scorers: Yes
Godmod Scoring Events: Yes (But don't get too far out with it. To be safe, ask me first.)
Give out Yellow Cards to my Players: Yes (Limit 1 unless you ask first)
Give out Red Cards to my Players: Yes (Please ask first)
RP Injuries to my Players: Yes (Ask first; I'll decide how severe the injury is)
Godmod Injuries: No
Godmod other Events: No

Last edited by Vulshain on Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:44 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Western cuba
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Western cuba » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:17 pm

Beach Soccer is Back with Sarrbia Hosting

Here is the Roster of the Western Cuban Beach Soccer Team, which are all Members of Vladgrad U

Roster

Coach: Jerry Springer

GK Boyan Peykov
13 GK Nikolay Mihaylov
2 DF Victor Genev
3 DF Yordan Miliev
4 DF Petar Zanev
5 DF Veselin Minev
6 DF Nikolay Bodurov
15 DF Ivan Ivanov
16 DF Zhivko Milanov
22 DF Plamen Nikolov
7 MF Blagoy Georgiev
8 MF Chavdar Yankov
14 MF Hristo Yanev
17 MF Martin Petrov
18 MF Nikolay Dimitrov
19 MF Stiliyan Petrov (captain)
20 MF Stanislav Genchev
21 MF Vladimir Gadzhev
9 FW Ivelin Popov
10 FW Valeri Bojinov
11 FW Dimitar Rangelov March 7, 1983 (age 27) 25 2 Maccabi Tel Aviv
23 FW Dimitar Makriev Jan
Now known as the Technological State of Adros, the successor state of Western Cuba

Spitfyred1
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Spitfyred1 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:41 pm

Starting Lineup

Goalkeeper: Sand InnaFaz
Defensive Back Left: Claude Nutz
Defensive Back Right: Al Kaholic
Midfielder Left: Dawn Keebals
Midfielder Right: Ellis Dee
Attacking Center: Ben Dover

Reserves

Defensive back: Hugh Jass
Defensive Back: Ivana Humpalot
Midfielder: Hal E. Luya
Attacker: Kay Oss

Style -3 Very defensive team

OOC: get the jokes

Eurentus
Attaché

Founded: Nov 28, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Eurentus » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:12 pm

Coach: Montag Felichini - AGE 29
Assistant Coach: Freder Alvarez - AGE 27

Starting V:
GK: Berny Montagio - AGE 16
DF: Carlos Vegg - AGE 15
DF: Claude Garcina - AGE 22
FW: Edgar Montero - AGE 22
FW: Nickolas Petiet - AGE 25

NOTE: This team has been put together entirely by the coach Montag Felichini. It is in no way sponsored by the government. Felichini found a lupool in the current laws allowing soccer to be played in Eurentus that allows variations of soccer. Although the government is currently working to make Beach Soccer illegal, he can get around it at the present time.

Garon-Averia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Garon-Averia » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:57 pm

THE GARON-AVERIA BROWNCOATS

Background: Beach soccer isn't a professional sport in Garon-Averia, and many of the players on the team play in local clubs and leagues in the summer, when pitch soccer leagues do not play.

Coach: Keith Overton
Assistant Coach: Nick Molliyet

Starting Five:

Netminder: Patrick Hurley
Defense: Richard Monnin
Defense: Jimmy Franco
Forward: Paul Prothesius
Forward: Ryan "Tank" Tankana

Reserves

Netminder: Anthony Green
Defense: Klaviar Lorgous
Defense: Ilya Lorgous
Forward: Carlos Belgrade
Forward: Eoin Macmillan

Formation
---------------------Netminder---------------------
------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------Defense--------------------
---Defense-----------------------------------------
-----------Forward----------------Forward--------

Style: +4

Garon-Averia plays with a relentless attack, paying nearly no attention to defense. The two forwards will attempt to strike quickly, and strike often, and the defensemen won't be far behind them. Because of this, the team, especially the defensemen, are conditioned for running up and down the field often, and quickly. Expect Garon-Averia to attempt to have high scoring matches.
Last edited by Garon-Averia on Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sarrbia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Sarrbia » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:24 pm

Sarrbia Beach Cup 2 Roster and Information

Due to Sarrbia's vast amount of beaches, beach soccer is equal in popularity to normal soccer. The top beach soccer athletes from Sarrbia's beach soccer league have been called to Sarrbia as it hosts the 2nd Beach Cup. Please note that the Sarrbian squad is mixed male and female. You can find more information on the team below.

Basic Information

Manager: Mikhael Sarmon
Assistant Manager: Lee Howen
Based in: Wypuli, Sarrbia
Colors: Pink and white
Gender/species: human of both genders
Formation:
-----------------------Mallakos----------------------
-------------Draughns---------Wykti---------------
-----------McSanders----------Thompson----------

Starting 5:

GK - Kyle Mallakos
Mallakos is an extraordinary 26 year old goalie from Wypuli, Sarrbia. He is tall and has excellent coordination and judgement.
DF - Penelope Draughns
Draughns is a young beach soccer phenomenon from Sapphire Springs, Sarrbia. She is only 19 but is the best Sarrbian defender.
DF - Milo Wykti
Wykti is a veteran who has been playing for a long time. At 35, he brings experience and leadership to this young team.
FW - Lee McSanders
McSanders has established himself as one of the best scorers in all of Sarrbia. He can knock in a goal from anywhere on the pitch.
FW - Charlotte Thompson
Thompson is renowned as the best beach soccer player Sarrbia has ever produced. She is incredible, and will dominate games.

Subs:

GK - Rupert Burton
DF - Graham Makomar
DF - Julia Verdiene
FW - Dalton Nalofawr
FW - Peeta Greene

Style Modifier: +2
RP Permissions: If you're doing anything unusual or injuring my players telegram me first. Everything else, is fine.

Kit

Last edited by Sarrbia on Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:58 am, edited 6 times in total.
Map of Sarrbia

Carasatoga
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Carasatoga » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:24 pm

INFORMATION
Nation: Carasatoga
Association: National Beach Soccer Federation (NBSF)
Found: 1973
Titles: 0
Team Nickname: The G-Hawks
Style Modifier: +2.0

STAFF
COACH- Austin BRUIN, 51 College- Jackson State University, currently head coach of Newport Storm Racers
AST COACH- Merek ANGELO, 56 College- Bridgeport University, currently head coach of Red Bull Milita

ROSTER
Starters:
GK #2 Iam KAY, 25 College- Columbus State University, plays for Aurelia Coast FC
DEF #1 Cameron JARVIS, 24 College- Newport University, plays for Newport Storm Racers
DEF #9 Micheal SWIFT, 23 College- Oriale University, plays for Martinsburg Beach Arsenal
FWD #8 Jeff MEAHL, 27 College- Jackson State University, plays for Sporting Windsor
FWD #5 Juno ANGELO, 29 College- Bridgeport University, plays for Red Bull Milita

Bench:
GK #6 Mike DALY, 25 College- Edmonton University, plays for Venice Black Stars
GK #15 Brock PRESCOTT, 23 College- Milita University, plays for Hialeah Flash
DEF #13 Jason EARNHARDT, 27 College- University of Carasatoga at Edmonton, plays for Pierre White Sox
DEF #10 Francisko XALATEREZ, 29 College- University of Hialeah, plays for Orlando Gems
DEF #7 Gabriel TRAIN, 28 College- Martinsburg University, plays for Oklahoma Wild
DEF #4 Harold TYLER, 25 College- Columbus State University, plays for Jackson Sharks
DEF #00 Denton SANDLER, 28 College- Bridgeport University, plays for Oklahoma Wild
FWD #3 Sarge WELSON, 23 College- Milita University, plays for Sporting Windsor
FWD #11 Kesher RIDDICK, 22 College- University of Carasatoga at Edmonton, plays for Newport Storm Racers
FWD #12 Javin MIZRACHI, 25 College- University of Hialeah, plays for Aurelia Coast FC
FWD #14 Steven WALES, 24 College- Newport University, plays for South Beach Sparrows
FWD #16 Bryan SHARPE, 23 College- Martinsburg University, plays for Camden Fire

FORMATION
--------------------KAY--------------------
------JARVIS-------------SWIFT----------
---------------MEAHL---------------------
----------------------------ANGELO-------

Captain: ANGELO
Second Capt.: MEAHL
Third Capt.: KAY
Penalty Order:
1-ANGELO
2-MEAHL
3-SWIFT
4-KAY
5-JARVIS

KIT

RP INFO
Available for Friendlies: Y
RP my Scorers: Y
Godmod Scoring Events: Y
Give out Yellow Cards to my Players: Y (Limit 2 unless ask first)
Give out Red Cards to my Players: Y (Limit 1 and ask first)
RP Injuries to my Players: Y (Ask first)
Godmod Injuries: N
Godmod other Events: Y
Last edited by Carasatoga on Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.
The Carasatoga Authority Republic
Demonym: Carasatogan || Population: 32,526,307 || Trigramme: CRG || Located: Rushmore

Champions: U-18 IBC 1, Women's Soccer World Cup I
Runners-Up: Volleyball World Expo I, II & VI, West Guiana Softball Invite II
3rd Place: World Softball Classic, Saugeais Baseball Tournament, Volleyball World Expo III & IV, Beaver Cup, Lake Moritz Curling Gloriakos
Hosted: IBC IX, Volleyball World Expo I, II, III & VI, World Indoor Soccer Championship 1, U-18 IBC 1, Lake Moritz Curling Gloriakos

Rankings:
Football: NR Basketball: 26 Baseball: 50 Beach Soccer: 54 Ice Hockey: NR
Indoor Soccer: 10 Lacrosse: 46 Soccer: NR Softball: 3 Volleyball: 3

Kazzoria
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kazzoria » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:55 am

Last time Kazzoria played very well and came in second. The tribe and their sport was then accepted into our culture and they were too. But things didn't end that happily for the tribes people. We forgot to redirect our nuclear weapons practices so... yeah, they're... umm... dead. Because of that they had to field a new team full of tribes people, eager to avenge their deceased ancestors, in beach soccer and with the nuclear weapons.

First team:

GK:
Ponkska
He is an upcoming new keeper. He is good at stretching for the ball and often punches it away. He had played for his tribe and has gained them much respect with his penalty saves. He has had many great saves and he is currently the best Beach Soccer goalie in the whole of Kazzoria.

DF:
Juko
He an older, very muscular defender. He doesn't have much speed, but his skill and clear mindedness makes up for it. He is strong and good at tackling, he is also very good at clearing the ball during a scramble in the box. He is one of the best defenders in the tribes, but not as good as the younger ones.

Yarpi
He is much younger than Juko. He is much faster as well. He is good at breaking defence into attack for our team. He is one of the young tribe members looking to impress, and he often does at lighting speeds.

MF:
Tankili
A strong and fast 30 year old midfielder. He is good at setting up Karpali and is know to score goals himself. He has been talented for years and was always gunning for the place for the first team, he just took a while to make it.

[F]FW:[/b]
Karpali
He maybe 102 years old, but he's still got it. He has scored many goals while he has been playing and is one of the oldest members of the tribe. He has a good eye, they other fell out 20 years ago, and is one of the greatest finishers of all time.

Bench:
GK: Pungi
DF: Ponigo
DF: Halphali
DF: Doskun
MF: Liwin
MF: Parski
FW: Pongull
[align=center]Co-Hosted the Baptism of Fire 40 | Winner of Beach cup II | Qualified WC 56 (Quater-finals)

Spitfyred1
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Spitfyred1 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:46 pm

Not only are the fyreballz here they have fans

Modedit: Images removed per OP request. Let's not have any more of that, thanks.

Last edited by Spitfyred1 on Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Altimarus
Attaché

Founded: Jan 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Altimarus » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:31 am

INFORMATION
Nation: United States of Altimarus (USA)
Association: USA Beach Soccer Federation (BSF)
Found: 1977
Titles: 0
Team Nickname: Scarlet Sharks
Style Modifier: +0.00

STAFF
COACH- Hector CUSSON, 51
AST COACH- Tim PERRAULT, 59

ROSTER
Starters:
GK #2 Rene WISTE, 27
DEF #16 Jackie AUSTELL, 28
DEF #14 Joey STRAUSS, 24
FWD #11 Jeremiah McKENNON, 25
FWD #00 Nick McKENNON, 25

Bench:
GK #6 Julius NODINE, 29
GK #12 Evan STALLINGS, 23
DEF #7 Kent FEARON, 26
DEF #1 Seth DILLHAUNTY, 25
DEF #5 Luther HOWERTH, 29
DEF #3 Austin RADDITZ, 27
DEF #9 Eduardo BARBIAN, 28
FWD #10 Freddie LOFQUIST, 26
FWD #8 Terren GRAMBLING, 29
FWD #17 Wade CANEDO, 28
FWD #13 Wesley MORGANTI, 23
FWD #15 Tim McELVAIN, 23

FORMATION
--------------------WISTE--------------------
------STRAUSS-------------AUSTELL--------
-----------J. McKENNON---------------------
-------------------------N. McKENNON------

Captain: STRAUSS
Second Capt.: N. McKENNON
Third Capt.: J. McKENNON
Penalty Order:
1- N. McKENNON
2- J. McKENNON
3- STRAUSS
4- AUSTELL
5- WISTE

KIT

RP INFO
Available for Friendlies: Y
RP my Scorers: Y
Godmod Scoring Events: Y
Give out Yellow Cards to my Players: Y (Limit 2 unless ask first)
Give out Red Cards to my Players: Y (Limit 1 unless ask first)
RP Injuries to my Players: Y (Ask first)
Godmod Injuries to my Players: N
Godmod other Events: Y
Last edited by Altimarus on Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Civil Citizenry
Minister

Founded: Dec 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Civil Citizenry » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:09 pm

We've all seen it in the movies. Blinding lights give the bland hallway leading to the field a little color and depth. At the end of the ominous tunnel is a streak of white light - the million-dollar lamps surrounding the massive stadium. These lights give way to a dark night sky above it, lit with stars aligned just right for the moment. It's hard to think over the deafening roar of the expectant fans, yet the players act as if this is a game of streetball with the respect of the neighborhood on the line. We can all imagine it, clear as the lights that brighten the stadium.

But this is not one of those made-for-movies moments. This is beach soccer: somewhat atypical, maybe not befitting a nation of relatively frosty climate - a sport created for the guys from Bad News Bears. Imagine a gang of misfits running down the makeshift tunnel on a sunny beach: the gangly one picks his nose, the tubby one trips over the winding sand, and half the team is searching for hot girls clad in revealing bikinis. In short, beach soccer is not a sport built for the mainstream athlete.

But, as in all areas of life, some find it to be their niche, their calling in life. It is for these men, women, and various other creatures that the Beach Cup was created for. Though only in its second edition, it has found popularity around the world; television ratings report high viewership from college-aged males - an aroused demographic, to say nothing else.

The Civil Citizenry squad is here in Sarrbia, the host nation of the Beach Cup 2, fairly extemporaneously. Cobbled together by Head Coach Pulianaj Kanayopolo, who also chairs the Civil Citizenry National Beach Soccer Association Executive Committee, the team is pretty old. Though the athletes are fit and well-trained, their level of inter-personal trust lies somewhere between the cast of The Office and Tiger Woods's family. The Sand Mouflons - the team nickname - have never competed on an international level; it's not as though beach soccer has a particularly impressive history anyway. They were placed in a group with a finalist from the first Beach Cup, Kazzoria. In a nation where beach soccer is as enthralling as its counterpart on turf, no entering nation should consider any game an easy one.

All things considered, expectations are low for this ragtag bunch. Still, Kanayopolo shakes off the skepticism that has surrounded the Sand Mouflons ever since Civil Citizenry decided to enter the Beach Cup 2. His team is led by Threlapolog Nufreskal, the leading forward who is best known across the nation as the man who prevented a gunman from rampaging across the Seaside State University campus as a freshman. He is joined on the front line by Gikanam Utikarepee, a 26 year old, and reserves Hyaz Creelimanhash (at 32 years old and coming off of reconstructive elbow surgery, his worth to the team may be minute) and Bintalia Xameroot (a slim, aggressive attacker who, being 21 years of age, has a lot of time to garner some more soccer IQ and become the team leader). The defense is led by goalie Jicated Lahaner, the team's Jekyll and Hyde character - one day he's one of the best in the world, the next he's tripping up stairs and letting 4 year old shots slide past him. His backup, Iretades Wolbin, may need to step into the starting role more often than one might expect on a national team; however, he was impressive in winning the Federation's National Tournament (FNT) of Beach Soccer last year for East Suburbia College. The starting five will be rounded out by the defensive duo of Doboobonok Exnestua (brother of Parlataka, a national basketball team player) and Yipulath Fera. Kanayopolo could only conjure a single defensive reserve - Rupib Najamanam, a nothing-special character in his mid-20s.

I bet you thought I'd come up with a clever ending. Or maybe a few lines of graceful poetry, Cyrano de Bergerac-style. Alas, the hour grows late, and I must prepare myself for the excitement of tomorrow's opening match against Meguroko. I like my nightly Chocomilk at just the right time - not too near retiring for the evening, not too early that I am left with a hollow feeling in my stomach as I curl up under the covers of my bed in this hoi poloi motel here in Sarrbia.
Yours in skeptic journalism,
Kanayo Hereeshapa
The Independent Conglomerate of Civil Citizenry
Demonym: Citiz || Population: 36,000,000 || Trigramme: CVC || Located: Rushmore || Information: Wikipage · Sports Newswire · Bartewick News Service
"Worst Tweet of the election season:
'Because of the hurricane, I am extending my 5 million dollar offer for President Obama's favorite charity until 12PM on Thursday.' - Donald Trump"

Todd McCloud
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Todd McCloud » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:25 pm

Team: Vekaiyun Nationalists
Nation: Vekaiyu

Staff:
Head Coach/Manager - Ivanov Lucaseri (40, male)
Assistant Coach/Manager - Makswel Ikanistre (31, male)
Trainer - Reko Nobikastri (28, male)
Equipment Manager - Ivalsa Kivistale (27, female)

Starters:
GK: Rin Siplalistre (25, female) - fast, good at blocking, and seems to have outgrown her footing problems.
DF: Ehjy Oklaveristre (23, male) - young, can outrun most attackers but can have a little trouble with following the ball's movement
DF: Yiisu Uliveri (24, male) - good at following the ball and turning it over to their side, but tires a bit as the game goes on
FW: Sayli Rilivari (19, female) - Plays the game "smart" and has many different attack patterns in her arsenal, despite being young. She's not the most powerful person on the field, but she's fast and sneaky.
FW: Ankya Lukiniste (19, female) - fast individual who has a deadly shooting kick, but her small frame can take a beating as the game goes on.

Reserves:
GK: Yamano Iknistre (27, male)
DF: Vinsent Novinire (25, male)
DF: Yalela Ilisarikre (24, female)
FW: Liviala Koleneri (25, female)
FW: Kirin Nobeyovri (18, male)

Skill: +1

RP Permissions:
Available for Friendlies: Yes
RP Scorers: Yes
Godmod Scoring Events: Yes
Give out Yellow Cards to my Players: Ask
Give out Red Cards to my Players: Ask
RP Injuries to my Players: Ask
Godmod Injuries: No
Godmod other Events: No
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II

Kazzoria
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kazzoria » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:35 pm

Once again Kazzoria were back for the Beach Cup. This will be the second attempt at winning after falling out of the final last time. Last hurdle failing is never fun for anyone so the squad is ready to bounce back and avenge. Avenge because the last squad was killed in a nuclear firing accident. In our group we have Meguroko, Great- Britain, Mangolana and Civil Citizenry. Only one of them is ranked, Meguroko, and we don't think they pose a threat. Otherwise the only team we have any worries about are the up and coming Civil Citizenry side. We have a good feeling about the group and hopefully we can make it one step further this time.

Another hot day in the Kazzorian desert and the team was having one last practise before they left. They were playing a game to help make any final decisions about the squad and everyone was trying to impress. There was one minute left and Pongull had the ball. He was only a bench player, but he wanted to break into the squad. He ran forward, fast, a trail of dust appeared behind him. He skilled his way past the defenders and took a shot. It hit the bar, and was bouncing back. But then the spin on it sent it into the net. It was a goal, and an impressive one. He had expected just that to happen and he walked off the pitch, satisfied. The manager caught up with him and he said "Your on for Karpali." He smiled.

Later that day there was an interview with the manager to name his final starting line up for the Civil Citizenry tomorrow. He stood up and said:

"Ponkska, Juko, Yarpi, Tankili and Pongull."

There was murmuring around the room. This wasn't expected. He walked out with people taking pictures of him. This certainly was strange and unexpected. When Jolk, the manager, got home he would find his answer machine packed out with questions. None of which he would answer, yet.
Last edited by Kazzoria on Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[align=center]Co-Hosted the Baptism of Fire 40 | Winner of Beach cup II | Qualified WC 56 (Quater-finals)

Sarrbia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Sarrbia » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:00 pm

MATCHDAY 1

Todd McCloud 4, Sarrbia 7
Vulshain 2, Garon Averia 0
Hossaim: Bye

Group 1 Standings

Team P W D L For Ag +/- Pts
1 Sarrbia 1 1 0 0 7 4 +3 3
2 Vulshain 1 1 0 0 2 0 +2 3
3 Hossaim 0 0 0 0 0 0 +0 0
4 Garon Averia 1 0 0 1 0 2 -2 0
5 Todd McCloud 1 0 0 1 4 7 -3 0

Civil Citizenry 7, Meguroko 2
Mangolana 4, Great- Britain 5
Kazzoria: Bye

Group 2 Standings

1 Civil Citizenry 1 1 0 0 7 2 +5 3
2 Great- Britain 1 1 0 0 5 4 +1 3
3 Kazzoria 0 0 0 0 0 0 +0 0
4 Mangolana 1 0 0 1 4 5 -1 0
5 Meguroko 1 0 0 1 2 7 -5 0

Megadia 1, D Land and Isles 2
Eurentus 5, Eastfield Lodge 3
Delaclava: Bye

Group 3 Standings

1 Eurentus 1 1 0 0 5 3 +2 3
2 D Land and Isles 1 1 0 0 2 1 +1 3
3 Delaclava 0 0 0 0 0 0 +0 0
4 Megadia 1 0 0 1 1 2 -1 0
5 Eastfield Lodge 1 0 0 1 3 5 -2 0

Corpi 5, Carasatoga 2
Altimarus 7, Spitfyred1 5
Western Cuba: Bye

Group 4 Standings

1 Corpi 1 1 0 0 5 2 +3 3
2 Altimarus 1 1 0 0 7 5 +2 3
3 Western Cuba 0 0 0 0 0 0 +0 0
4 Spitfyred1 1 0 0 1 5 7 -2 0
5 Carasatoga 1 0 0 1 2 5 -3 0

To everyone who RPed but had a Bye, those points will be transfered to tomorrow's game.
Last edited by Sarrbia on Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Map of Sarrbia

Vulshain
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Vulshain » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:51 pm

THE CONFEDERATE SENTINEL

Sea-Wolves Win First Game!

The Tidal Sea-Wolves won their first game against Garon Averia, with a score of 2-0. Hanako Melitta made the first shot, while Velimir Bernard scored the second one. The Sea-Wolves were very excited about their victory. They did however, thanked their opponents for an excellent game. "Sportsmanship is something that I strongly support," Stephanie Gennadiya said.

The Tidal Sea-Wolves are expected to play against Hossaim next. In the meantime, the Sea-Wolves are practicing very hard in preparation for that match.

Garon-Averia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Garon-Averia » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:18 am

Browncoats Blanked In First Match, 2-0
By Caeann Ru, Associated Press

In the first match of the second Beach Cup, Garon-Averia seemed lost. The netminder Patrick Hurley was on his game, only allowing one goal in. The first goal was marked by Hanako Melitta of Vulshain, halfway through the first period. It was a beautiful goal, as she struck from just behind midfield, using the Lorgous brothers as screens on the shot. The rest of the game was one giant attempt for Garon-Averia to equalize. Tank almost made a one-timer off a centering pass from Paul Prothesius, but was stopped by a diving save by Gitta Monika, the goalie for Vulshain. With one minute to go in the final period, the Browncoats pulled a maneuver you would think to see in a hockey game, as Hurley rushed up to join the defensemen in an all-out attack to tie it up. However, it failed, and Velimir Bernard lifted the ball over all of the players, and into the goal. Garon-Averia will play against Sarrbia, the hosts. Already, the Browncoats are working on plays that will lead to scoring.■

Hossaim
Minister

Founded: Oct 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Hossaim » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:44 am

The Bicycle Kick
Hossaim arrive with Beach Cup

Hossaim were scheduled to arrive in Sarrbia 1 week before the tournament started. However, Hurricane Bradley staled the arrival for 3 days. Approximately 8,000 Hossaim fans had flown out before the hurricane hit the Island of Hossaim. Although no major damage was caused by the storm, all flights were grounded for 3 days. Hossaim's championship roster, along with the staff arrived with a reasonable amount of time before matchday 2, where Hossaim would kick off the campaign. Along with the Team, The Beach Cup was also brought off the plane, to a pack of media waiting to ask questions.

On matchday 2, Hossaim will face Todd McCloud, who lost 7-4 to the hosts in matchday 1. With expectations high, Hossaim are generally expected to beat the newcomers. To give you a proper preview, let's take a deeper look at Hossaim's starting V.

GK: Parker Stevens
Parker Stevens is a fast keeper. His reactions are considered to be some of the best in Hossaim. His flashing hands and feet were major part of Hossaim's championship run. He still has years ahead of him, at age 28.

DF: Carl Bisohp
Hossaim's solid backliner. Good luck getting past him, his hard tackling and determination have cost Hossaim a few fouls, but the fact that he usually get's the ball is worth it. He also is fairly young, at only 25.

DF: Many Qenello
Hossaim's captain is a skilled defender with an eye for goal. He showed last edition that he can still play some fantastic football, with quick feet. unfortunately, this will be his last international tournament, with him having announced that he will retire at age 36 after this tournament.

FW: Jerry Renalds
Hossaim's top scorer. He has great speed and acrobatic skills, allowing him to plot the ball away from anywhere. He has a few editions ahead of him, at age 26.

FW: Andrew Peralton The youngest player on Hossaim's starting V. While Perlaton is not very fast, his main value comes in his ball skills. He is a great passer, and can keep the ball in the air to hit the most beautiful chips and flicks. his control is second to none.
Hossaim Family of F7
Nicolas Hossaim (Headmaster of Waverly Academy)
Jamie Hossaim (wife of Nicolas Hossaim)
Steven Hossaim (Son of Nicolas Hossaim, Court Wizard of Castle Talos)
Mark Hossaim (Son of Nicolas Hossaim, Necromancer at F7 Graveyard)

Spitfyred1
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Spitfyred1 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:38 am

Altimarus 7, Spitfyred1 5
Despite a decent offensive burst, the Fyreballz were unable to win the opening game. Good scoring by Ben Dover and Kay Oss, who each scored 2 goals, kept the game close until late. When Sand InnaFaz got tired, the men were unable to protect the goal, and Altimarus soared ahead. Before the next game, the manager has set a difficult stamina plan for InnaFaz, hoping that better training, and a diet of RedBull will keep the defense alive late in the game.

Todd McCloud
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Todd McCloud » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:41 pm

Vekaiyuns Angered at Name Botch
Reporting for V3 News Services, Ilusi Nebikalu

PALM COAST - Overshadowing the defeat of the Vekaiyun beach soccer team, the Vekaiyun team was erroneously called "Todd McCloud" throughout the first game and well into the reported standings. Other nations have reportedly been using the wrong name too.

"I don't understand it," Ivanov Lucaseri, the Vekaiyun head coach, said to reporters after calming down over the game which saw frustration from players who could not overcome the offensive potency of the host team. "We submitted our team name correctly, even gave their officials a guide of our country in case they were interested. It was a clear distraction and undoubtedly affected our gameplay."

Rumors of the Vekaiyun team pulling out of the cup have been forming, but the head coach dismissed such claims, stating "we only want to be represented by what we call ourselves."

"Our uniforms say Vekaiyu, but we are called Todd McCloud," Rin Siplalistre, goalie for Vekaiyu, added. "It was disheartening. Our nation is trying hard to heal the scars of the past and open ourselves up to the world. How can they expect us to do that when this happens?"

(c) 2011 V3 News Services
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II

Sarrbia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Sarrbia » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:30 pm

Sarrbia Sun Times
Sarrbia defeats distracted Vekaiyu team in matchday 1 of Beach Cup 2

PALM COAST, SARRBIA: The Beach Cup 2, which is taking place here in Sarrbia, had its first day of matches yesterday. Ever since Sarrbia was chosen to host the Cup, organizers of the event had been frantically preparing. The first day was a success, almost every match sold out and there was plenty of thrilling beach soccer action without any major problems.

"This was a huge day for Sarrbian sports and the nation as a whole. Being chosen to host such a prestigious event is a huge honor. A lot of work has gone into making this Cup be the best it can be, and we are glad it is paying off" said Sarrbia Beach Soccer Association President Vernon Michaels.

As for the Sarrbian team itself, they defeated Vekaiyu 7-4 amid controversy over the Vekaiyun squad's name. Apparently there was a mix-up with the team's registration for the Beach Cup 2. Their team was listed under the name "Todd McCloud." For the entire match and afterwards, it was obvious that the Vekaiyu players and coaches were fuming at the glaring mistake and that it had distracted them throughout the game.

"I offer my most sincere apologies to the Vekaiyun team and swear that this will be rectified immediately. I do not know where the name Todd McCloud came from, and the cause of this mistake is being investigated" Michaels said.

Despite the unforseen issues with Vekaiyu's name, both teams played very well in front of 20,000 fans at Cinnamon Beach Arena in Palm Coast. Sarrbia's star FW Charlotte Thompson scored 3 goals in the team's 7 goal effort. Lee McSanders knocked in two goals past Rin Siplalistre, and Milo Wykti scored once as well.

The Sarrbians were in their element, being in a familiar stadium and such. They burst into a 3-0 lead to begin the game because Vekaiyu appeared out of sync and confused, possibly due to the announcers calling out "Todd McCloud." The Vekaiyuns eventually recovered and brought the game to 5-4 by the start of the third. However, it wasn't enough and the Sarrbians scored 2 more goals in the final minutes to win 7-4.

"This was a great win for us, we needed to begin the Cup on a good note and we did. Hats off the the Vekaiyuns who played an amazing game as well" Thompson said.

Tonight the Sarrbians play their second game against newcomers Garon Averia who lost their first match 2-0 against Vulshain. To win, Sarrbia must find a way to shut down Ryan Tankana, Garon Averia's star FW. Until then, thanks for reading the Sarrbia Sun Times.
Map of Sarrbia

Sarrbia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Sarrbia » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:38 pm

MATCHDAY 2 RESULTS

Hossaim 2, Vekaiyu 7
Sarrbia 11, Garon Averia 3
Bye: Vulshain

Group 1 Standings

1 Sarrbia 2 2 0 0 18 7 +11 6
2 Vekaiyu 2 1 0 1 11 9 +2 3
3 Vulshain 1 1 0 0 2 0 +2 3
4 Hossaim 1 0 0 1 2 7 -5 0
5 Garon Averia 2 0 0 2 3 13 -10 0

Kazzoria 1, Civil Citizenry 2
Meguroko 8, Great- Britain 7
Bye: Mangolana

Group 2 Standings

1 Civil Citizenry 2 2 0 0 9 3 +6 6
2 Meguroko 2 1 0 1 10 14 -4 3
3 Great- Britain 2 1 0 1 12 12 +0 3
4 Mangolana 1 0 0 1 4 5 -1 0
5 Kazzoria 1 0 0 1 1 2 -1 0

Delaclava 17, Megadia 5
D Land and Isles 9, Eastfield Lodge 4
Bye: Eurentus

Group 3 Standings

1 D Land and Isles 2 2 0 0 11 5 +6 6
2 Delaclava 1 1 0 0 17 5 +12 3
3 Eurentus 1 1 0 0 5 3 +2 3
4 Eastfield Lodge 2 0 0 2 7 14 -7 0
5 Megadia 2 0 0 2 6 19 -13 0

Western Cuba 5, Corpi 4
Carasatoga 4, Spitfyred1 6
Bye: Altimarus

Group 4 Standings

1 Western Cuba 1 1 0 0 5 4 +1 3
2 Altimarus 1 1 0 0 7 5 +2 3
3 Corpi 2 1 0 1 9 7 +2 3
4 Spitfyred1 2 1 0 1 11 11 +0 3
5 Carasatoga 2 0 0 2 6 11 -5 0

All participants with a bye the RP'ed will have those points carried over to next week
Last edited by Sarrbia on Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Map of Sarrbia

Spitfyred1
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Spitfyred1 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:44 am

Carasatoga 4, Spitfyred1 6
A victory couldn't have been sweeter. After a dissapointing loss earlier, the Fyreballz beat Carastoga. With an offense led by Dover, Keebals, and Dee, the fyreballz were too much to handle.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports