NATION

PASSWORD

Games of the XI Olympiad—OOC thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

West Phoencia
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 05, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby West Phoencia » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:44 pm

The Archregimancy wrote:
West Phoencia wrote:I would like to raise a complaint. With the West Phoenicia Sea Hags or the Women's Water Polo team. We have good reason to believe someone peed in the the pool and want a rematch.

By all means complain vigorously about IC illegal use of urine in the RP thread.

However, I would imagine that CH would prefer 'complaints' in this thread to be based on OOC technical issues.

And I'm sure after a rigorous qualifiers and getting ready for some heavy stat inputting a little light humour was welcomed. .

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:23 pm

So when is the opening ceremony? For uh... RP development reasons.

Looks like I have a few days to rest.
Last edited by The Serbian Empire on Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Level 12 Myrmidon, Level ⑨ Tsundere, Level ✿ Hold My Flower
Bad Idea Purveyor
8 Values: https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=56.1&d=70.2&g=86.5&s=91.9
Political Compass: Economic -10.00 Authoritarian: -9.13
TG for Facebook if you want to friend me
Marissa, Goddess of Stratospheric Reach
preferred pronouns: Female ones
Primarily lesbian, but pansexual in nature

Dunnes
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dunnes » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:49 pm

The Serbian Empire wrote:So when is the opening ceremony? For uh... RP development reasons.

And when do we get the schedule? For obvious RP reasons.
Last edited by Dunnes on Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hosts: World Triathlon Championships I
Results: Winner, WTC I

All-Time Olympic Medal Count: 3G-0S-2B
Owner: D Air, Destination Hotels and Resorts, The Hydra Beverage Company

Commerce Heights
Minister

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby Commerce Heights » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:53 pm

West Phoencia wrote:
The Archregimancy wrote:By all means complain vigorously about IC illegal use of urine in the RP thread.

However, I would imagine that CH would prefer 'complaints' in this thread to be based on OOC technical issues.

And I'm sure after a rigorous qualifiers and getting ready for some heavy stat inputting a little light humour was welcomed. .

I’d welcome a humourous RP about it in the RP thread. It’d be a nice change of pace from “Jens Mustermann finished 984th in the men’s 100 m with a time of 1:10.93.”

Dunnes wrote:
The Serbian Empire wrote:So when is the opening ceremony? For uh... RP development reasons.

And when do we get the schedule? For obvious RP reasons.

About when I said you’d get it four posts above. (It’s here, in case anyone else is looking for it.)

Liventia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 04, 2008

Postby Liventia » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:55 am

Given Hannasea has met an, er, unfortunate end, can CH confirm if their athletes and any qualified teams will be excluded from the Games?
Слава Україні!

Gruenberg
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 18, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Gruenberg » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:17 am

Liventia wrote:Given Hannasea has met an, er, unfortunate end, can CH confirm if their athletes and any qualified teams will be excluded from the Games?

I have TGed CH about this, saying I'll accept his decision.

However, I'm still hopeful of getting Hannasea restored before the Olympics start as I am apparently not DOS and I believe the deletion may have been a case of crossed-wires.
"Do you mean "coming out"...as a Guardian reader would understand the term?"

Liventia
Negotiator

Postby Liventia » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:20 am

Gruenberg wrote:
Liventia wrote:Given Hannasea has met an, er, unfortunate end, can CH confirm if their athletes and any qualified teams will be excluded from the Games?

I have TGed CH about this, saying I'll accept his decision.

However, I'm still hopeful of getting Hannasea restored before the Olympics start as I am apparently not DOS and I believe the deletion may have been a case of crossed-wires.

That is… rather a surprise, yes. Welcome back, by the way.
Слава Україні!

Gruenberg
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 18, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Gruenberg » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:22 am

Thanks. :) Wish it were under happier circumstances, lol.

Anyway, we'll see what happens.
"Do you mean "coming out"...as a Guardian reader would understand the term?"

Hannasea
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Hannasea » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:12 am

And I'm back. Phew!

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:22 pm

Hannasea wrote:And I'm back. Phew!

Yay!
GVH has a puppet. It supports #NSTransparency and hosts a weekly zoom call for nsers that you should totally check out

Ndaku
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ndaku » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:25 pm

If we RP'd right after the final qualifying results were announced, will that bonus account for the upcoming results?
'Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching. I charge you therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom: For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables. But you be watchful in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.' (II Timothy 4:1-5 NKJV)

Non-denominational Christian. Savopia is my WA puppet nation. Feel free to telegram me!

Commerce Heights
Minister

Anarchy

Postby Commerce Heights » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:31 pm

Ndaku wrote:If we RP'd right after the final qualifying results were announced, will that bonus account for the upcoming results?

All RPs during the qualifiers will still count toward RP bonus during the Games.

West Phoencia
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 05, 2014

Postby West Phoencia » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:47 am

Squash was originally included. And a number of players included Squash before a new host took over.
I can't see squash now listed as a sport being played.

It was included as a proposed demo sport if enough people entered. And than there was no mention of it being cancelled that i can see.

If its not going ahead. There may be some issue where players have been pushed over the 50 medium especially if they marked there players low number values.
Last edited by West Phoencia on Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

Liventia
Negotiator

Postby Liventia » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:35 am

West Phoencia wrote:Squash was originally included. And a number of players included Squash before a new host took over.
I can't see squash now listed as a sport being played.

It was included as a proposed demo sport if enough people entered. And than there was no mention of it being cancelled that i can see.

If its not going ahead. There may be some issue where players have been pushed over the 50 medium especially if they marked there players low number values.

No, squash was a proposed demonstration event. There was no guarantee that even Ilyseum would have held it.
Слава Україні!

Commerce Heights
Minister

Anarchy

Postby Commerce Heights » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:55 pm

Free Republics wrote:OOC: To paraphrase something the host said to me a few months back, if you're letting your roster quotas get in the way of somebody wanting to RP something in a certain way, then your priorities are horribly wrong.

Why are you taking the actions of my character, James Burdick, and attributing them to me, the OOC player, in an OOC statement that you’ve posted in the wrong thread? You should know better than that.

You can RP anything you want happening in your own nation. You can RP your athletes doing a lot of things in Aeropag. But you certainly do not get to RP that my officials are going to let themselves be doormats who will give your nation’s leader whatever he asks for.

If you want to do that sort of RP, you should host the Olympic Games yourself. Oh, sorry. You’ve burnt that bridge.

Free Republics
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republics » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:11 pm

Commerce Heights wrote:
Free Republics wrote:OOC: To paraphrase something the host said to me a few months back, if you're letting your roster quotas get in the way of somebody wanting to RP something in a certain way, then your priorities are horribly wrong.

Why are you taking the actions of my character, James Burdick, and attributing them to me, the OOC player, in an OOC statement that you’ve posted in the wrong thread? You should know better than that.

You can RP anything you want happening in your own nation. You can RP your athletes doing a lot of things in Aeropag. But you certainly do not get to RP that my officials are going to let themselves be doormats who will give your nation’s leader whatever he asks for.

If you want to do that sort of RP, you should host the Olympic Games yourself. Oh, sorry. You’ve burnt that bridge.

ICly, the Federation of Free Republics has withdrawn from the Olympics. You may do as you wish with my athletes, but I will not recognize any of their performances past this point as IC canon and I will not be posting any further RPs.
Why I left NS Sports
World Cup 85 Champions
1st: DBC 28, X Winter Olympics, Independents Cup 4, CoH 66, WBC 46, World Bowl XXXVIII, World Cup 85
2nd: World Cup 68, DBC 27, U15WC 8, UWCFA Gold Cup I, BoI 15, 2nd Imperial Chap Olympiad, NSCF 11
Host: World Cups 68 & 81, CoH 58, Games of XIII Olympiad, X Winter Olympics, World Bowls XXII, XXXI & XXXVIII, WBCs 42 & 46, RUWC 25
Current Senior Consul: Nova Hellstrom-Hancock (Golden Age)
Current Junior Consul: Samuel Izmailov (Nat-Gre)
Demonym: Republican
Trigram: FFR
Official Nation Name: Federation of Free Republics
Stop Biden: Vote Trump!

Refugee Team
Civilian

Founded: Aug 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Refugee Team » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:21 pm

Those poor athletes all they wanted to do was compete, not get caught up in politics.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2012

Postby Britonisea » Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:47 am

Commerce Heights wrote:
Free Republics wrote:Scaled

I'm expecting a better-than-Rio's attempt of an Opening Ceremony from Aeropag! :lol: Although I was going to do this idea in Electrum, let's say my post got wiped. The idea for my next RP is to tell the story about an inspired Britonish kid who went to the opening ceremony. I'd like to pick out all the details from the ceremony and add it in my RP.

Refugee Team wrote:Those poor athletes all they wanted to do was compete, not get caught up in politics.

Lol.
Last edited by Britonisea on Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rexubliqué Univexserellué de Brityunik #BRI
Follow Britonish Television on Twitter: TVBBritonisea
WorldVision Top 9 | WorldVision Factbook
1st - 162 points - WV112 (314 J+T)
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 138 points - WV99 (258 J+T)
1st - 134 points - WV87 (242 J+T)
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

World Hit Festival Top 9 | World Hit Festival Factbook
1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:46 am

CH, would I be able to rp that Havenssport people in other countries have been purposefully buying up other countries ticket alocations?
GVH has a puppet. It supports #NSTransparency and hosts a weekly zoom call for nsers that you should totally check out

Liventia
Negotiator

Postby Liventia » Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:21 am

Coraspia wrote:CH, would I be able to rp that Havenssport people in other countries have been purposefully buying up other countries ticket alocations?

I'm not CH, but I would certainly object to anyone else RPing anything happening in my country without prior clearance from me.
Слава Україні!

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:20 am

Liventia wrote:
Coraspia wrote:CH, would I be able to rp that Havenssport people in other countries have been purposefully buying up other countries ticket alocations?

I'm not CH, but I would certainly object to anyone else RPing anything happening in my country without prior clearance from me.

I would agree with Liventia. Now, if you have the other nation's permission, I don't see any reason for CH to object, but without it, I'd say it's a major no-no.
Gregoryisgodistan, population 75,000,000. All citizens are required to worship Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state, as a deity.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
World Indoor Soccer Championship 6 - 2nd place
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
WB XXII 10th Place in Casaran, advanced to Round of 32
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WCoH 27 co-host and champs
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

The Greater Korean Republic
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 31, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Korean Republic » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:26 pm

Is it too late to join in?

Kelssek
Minister

Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kelssek » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:28 pm

Unfortunately it is - but keep a lookout for the Winter Olympics in January/February.

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:05 pm

Gregoryisgodistan wrote:
Liventia wrote:I'm not CH, but I would certainly object to anyone else RPing anything happening in my country without prior clearance from me.

I would agree with Liventia. Now, if you have the other nation's permission, I don't see any reason for CH to object, but without it, I'd say it's a major no-no.

Of course.

This wouldn't be a case of 'you have no fans at the games because some dick from the Haven has bought all of them,' I'm talking a few hundred tickets here, a few hundred their.

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:46 pm

Coraspia wrote:
Gregoryisgodistan wrote:

Of course.

This wouldn't be a case of 'you have no fans at the games because some dick from the Haven has bought all of them,' I'm talking a few hundred tickets here, a few hundred their.

Yeah, you still would need permission, which I'm not giving.
Gregoryisgodistan, population 75,000,000. All citizens are required to worship Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state, as a deity.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
World Indoor Soccer Championship 6 - 2nd place
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
WB XXII 10th Place in Casaran, advanced to Round of 32
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,