NATION

PASSWORD

World Cup of Hockey 15 (RP/Rosters/Scores)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Civil Citizenry
Minister

Founded: Dec 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Civil Citizenry » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:06 pm

Civil Citizenry Hockey National Team

Roster

Forwards
Famixal Dapoginal
Tikoss Chumosasa
Bamopaw Jaleku
Nigapalil Vuvoo
Gahahared Duledirfra
Lolilian Sezihez
Panayes Hakedunum
Foanimev Idesigs
Likano Axif
Cunajepolo Xamiles
Qipal Bat Fatvliet
Kesseret Ulipalolame

Defensemen
Kidassu Naprina
Vahesema Epalalist
Hamar Solayanee
Pilekedar Bisomap
Zamugo Tillerar
Nimonim Willaque
Yooseteg Denaliyo
Catatt Kilerel
Osheser Hinanaret
Demarall Rama

Goalies
Goyawili Patoolinigarin
Wawazu Tashings
The Independent Conglomerate of Civil Citizenry
Demonym: Citiz || Population: 36,000,000 || Trigramme: CVC || Located: Rushmore || Information: Wikipage · Sports Newswire · Bartewick News Service
"Worst Tweet of the election season:
'Because of the hurricane, I am extending my 5 million dollar offer for President Obama's favorite charity until 12PM on Thursday.' - Donald Trump"

Polar Islandstates
Senator

Founded: Jan 17, 2011
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Polar Islandstates » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:30 pm

FEDERATION OF POLAR ISLANDSTATES WCoH15 ROSTER

Ice Hockey in the Federation, for all its climate may hint at a national obsession, is still lounging well below football and rugby in terms of popularity. However, it's appeal is growing faster than any other sport at the moment, and its traditional heartlands in the east are starting to spread towards its other hotbed in Kuril Arkhipelago. That said, the sport is under-developed as a whole, and the team is not expecting to shine in these championships.

Ice Hockey, like rugby, is played as a league of states in the Federation, and it is these state teams that you will see listed alongside the players' names in the roster. Polarians are a warm bunch, every as warm as the land they habit is cold, and are ruthlessly efficient and athletic almost naturally. They are pacifists by nature, and will never start fights, even on the ice rink. They are more than capable of finishing them however.

COACHES:
Head - Idris Heliokomman Kulmsaar and Terra Scotia
Assistant - Nils Freidrichson Grenlund

LINE ONE:
LW Mikhail Szmolarek Nunivak
C Radoslav Invermuir Kuril Arkhipelago (C)
RW Heimlich Silvensson Grenlund

LINE TWO:
LW Petter de Vries Grenlund
C Niko Samson Nunivak
RW Karl Ivanov Ellismare

LINE THREE:
LW Sim Gorbuchev Ellismare
C Rad Nebu Kulmsaar and Terra Scotia
RW Kirri van Antonsen Kuril Arkhipelago

LINE FOUR:
LW Marken Blumenthal Aleutia
C Karl van der Oost Landt Sibir
RW Franz Pettersen Northbrook

PAIR ONE:
D Josef Birk Rosenmeyer Kulmsaar and Terra Scotia
D Harry Mercia Norscelt

PAIR TWO:
D Luka Toorchev Kuril Arkhipelago
D Radoslav Czesziv Kulmsaar and Terra Scotia

PAIR THREE:
D Maarten Skreig Farosea
D Jari von Evenvelde Aleutia

GOALKEEPERS:
G Petter Jeskripto Grenlund
G Markos de Raek Ellismare

BENCH:
C Eric McDonald Ellismare
RW Miroslav Murmansk Kulmsaar and Terra Scotia
LW Gelv Nomaer Aleutia
D Mika Litmanen Kuril Arkhipelago
D Igor Iustmanov Grenlund
G Pieter Demanev Hans and Melville

My opponent, if they RP first, may do the following:
Choose my goalscorers: Y
Godmod scoring events: Y
RP injuries to my players: Y
Godmod injuries to my players: N
Hand out penalties to my players: N
Godmod other events: Y
STYLE MODIFIER: +2
The True Valhallan Federation of Polar Islandstates - Pop. 51,500,000
Capital: Franz Josef City - Demonym: Valhallan (Polarian) - Trigramme: PIS
sportnyheter.vu - Ides of March Cup
Champions: WC67, CR XIX, CR XVIII, CR XV, CR X, CR VIII, DBC56, DBC20, RLWC11, RLWC10 Runners-Up: WC66, WC65, CR VI, DBC29, DBC55, WCoH18
Third: WC70, WC68, WC57, CR XII, DBC27 Fourth: WC56, CR XXII, RLWC13, RLWC9, WCoH17
“Aut Pax Aut Bellum” - A formerly closed nation that definitely isn't fascist now. The strongest and one true constituent member of The Valhallan Union
He/Him/His

Cotdelapoms
Ambassador

Founded: May 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Cotdelapoms » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:36 pm

The RP cutoff will come tomorrow at about 3pm EDT, so we are all aware.

Colmark
Diplomat

Founded: May 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Colmark » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:09 am

It is that time of year again for Ice Hockey fans across the world as the great and good of the ice-bound sport head for Cotdelapoms for the 15th World Cup. Colmark will be there for their second attempt at winning the trophy, though even the most passionate fan has a hard time believing they have a realistic shot. "Yeah, we can spring a few surprises, but can we go all the way? Definitely not" This, the view of an avid hockey nut who we met on the streets of Port Harrelson, Colmark's most Northern city, sums up the views of not just Colmarkian fans, but also the pundits and the international press. "I just don't see where they are going to win matches from. Their defence is solid, but on offence they suck and they can't put together a fluent game plan. I reckon a winning record is probably beyond them" Remarks Wesley Samson of the International Sports Press. It is hard to deny that Colmarkian Ice Hockey has fallen on hard times of late. A sport, passionately played across the north of the nation, has struggled to produce any really top class players for years, and though no one can doubt their physicality, they are left exposed on the fitness front in the last 10 minutes and struggle to work the puck on offence, let alone score. A recurring joke inside sporting circles is that the Elite Performance Institute, where the top players go to work intensively on their game, is a misnomer. Colmark finished 2-6 at the last World Cup, and looked hapless at points. It can be argued that their #44 ranking is flattering.
It is the task of one man to change this all around. Director of Elite Performance and Head Coach Mike Raffles has been in his job for just six months, but there is change in the air. The team's fitness has become a priority, with strength and conditioning coaches brought in and players dropped on their inability to improve. The Under-21s performed admirably at the junior World Championship and were unlucky to miss out on a place in the knock out stages. Some of the players from that tournament are in the squad for the World Cup, and should have an impact on performance. The old offensive woes show no signs of abating, but defence wins championships and Colmark fancy their chances in that department. And there is one thing that can always be relied upon - Colmarkian spirit. The never say die, never back down attitude will hold this team in good stead.
So what can we expect from this World Cup? Colmark's group seems relatively open, though Cassadaigua will certainly be the team to beat. Colmark need a good start and can't afford to slip up, and if all goes right they can get a 3rd placed finish. If the offence stalls and the defence doesn't hold, it could be another long tournament for the fans.

Schedule:
Cassadaigua
Cosumar
Narsora
Michael VII
Auremena
Gyatso-kai
Gallund
Stuffed Taxidermists
Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuk
There's a breathless hush in the Close to-night
Ten to make and the match to win
A bumping pitch and a blinding light,
An hour to play, and the last man in.
And it's not for the sake of a ribboned coat.
Or the selfish hope of a season's fame,
But his captain's hand on his shoulder smote
"Play up! Play up! And play the game!"

Gyatso-kai
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 03, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Gyatso-kai » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:48 am

(((Would have been nice had someone posted the beginning of the RP in the Cup sign-up thread so people would have known about it... Thank the Force I decided to surf through the NS Sports forum.)))

Gyatso-kai National Ice Hockey Team
凯海洋国家冰球队
Kǎihǎiyáng Guójiā Bīngqiú Duì
Gyats'kai Tsad droten Cinyc'get'shuk

Republic Hockey Team Arrives in Cotdelapoms; Prepares for World Cup

From the Republic Associated Times, 2011.06.18

Following months of preparation and practices, the Gyatso-kai National Ice Hockey Team has finally arrived in Charlevoix in north-central Cotdelapoms.

Excited about their first every foray into World Cup-Level hockey, the fresh young faces of the National Team --- nicknamed the Ice Bisons, after our national animal --- are ever-ready to take on all opponents. Spending almost every day on the ice in Republic City's grandiose National Sports Complex's Kuruk Arena for the last six months, the men chosen from the four Republics within Gyatso-kai have honed their natural talents and prepared extensively for such an opportunity.

After receiving a blessing from the Avatar himself nearly a day ago, the twenty-eight men representing nine teams of the Avatarian Hockey League (AHL) departed on the national airline GyatsoAir's pristine Airbus A380 for the distant lands of Cotdelapoms. In honour of the occasion, GyatsoAir --- in partnership with the AHL and the National Sports Council --- have reduced the prices of airline tickets to Cotdelapoms to facilitate the spectatorship of the nation for this historic series. In addition, each game the Bisons play in shall be aired on the entire ASPN family of networks (ASPN Prime, ASPN2, AVS, ASPN3, UASPN): All other games shall air on the World Sports Nation and World Sports Nation PLUS. If the Bisons make it to the higher rungs of the World Cup, then all games shall be aired exclusively on ASPN Prime, which is being made available on all television and internet-provider services at NO COST from now until the conclusion of the World Cup.

Official Name: Gyatso-kai National Ice Hockey Team / 凯海洋国家冰球队 (Kǎihǎiyáng Guójiā Bīngqiú Duì) / Gyats'kai Tsad droten Cinyc'get'shuk
Official Nation Name: The Avatarian Republics of Gyatso-kai / 凯海洋降世神通共和国 (Kǎihǎiyáng Jiàngshì Shéntōng Gònghéguó) / Tsad Gyats'kai Jettise
Country Code: GKI
Officiating League: Avatarian Hockey League (AHL)
Founded: 1902 (03 YAAa)
Titles: 0 (First World Cup of Hockey Appearance)
Nickname: Ice Bisons (commonly just Bisons)

Head Coach: SKIRATA Kad
Assistant Coach: LIU Qiang An
Forward Coach: KUSONAGI Katashi
Defense Coach: ISHIKAWA Hiraku
Goalie Coach: VHETT Jango
Medical Staff: FONG Wuchin (Head Doctor), LEE Haicheng, WEN Jintao, HU Jiabao

FIRST LINE
Position #	Name		Age	Hand	College				Current Team
GK 41 SHU Huangguo 35 L Heibai University Republic Capitals
DEF 44 MURAKAMI Osamu 22 L University of Omashu Foggy Swamp Catgators
DEF 54 ITO Pakku 29 R Roku University Northern BuffaloYaks
OFF 09 IKEDA Kuruk 21 L Republic City State University Omashu Badgermoles
OFF 04 ISHII Hakoda(C) 24 R Northern University Itakawai Lightning
OFF 32 DUONG Huu(A) 27 L Hanoi University Foggy Swamp Catgators

SECOND LINE
DEF 19 BEIFONG Lo 21 R Royal Earth University Republic Capitals
DEF 05 FENG Tao 28 R Royal Fire State University Omashu Badgermoles
OFF 08 KIM Jijin 21 R Uni. of the Southern Tribes Republic Capitals
OFF 21 HEI Hayate (A) 25 R Kyoshi State University Kyoshi Warriors
OFF 02 ISHIDA Arnook 19 L Uni. of the Northern Tribes Makapu Flames

THIRD LINE
DEF 91 IWAI Itsuki 29 L University of Omashu Kyoshi Warriors
DEF 27 KIM Dong Han 24 R Kyoshi State University Republic Capitals
OFF 14 Pak Dae Li 21 R Royal Earth University Ba Sing Se Bears
OFF 33 TORU Akiak 24 R Kyoshi State University Republic Capitals
OFF 28 KIMA Yagone 29 L Uni. of the Northern Tribes Republic Capitals

RESERVES
GK 03 WONG Futai 26 L Polar City State Uni Foggy Swamp Catgators
DEF 13 FONG Laobei 26 L Heibai University Makapu Flames
DEF 18 KO Piandao 25 R Royal Fire State University Itakawai Lightning
DEF 26 KITEKI Kia 21 R Uni. of the Southern Tribes Northern BuffaloYaks
DEF 34 LEE Ning Xue 23 L Hanoi University Itakawai Lightning
DEF 42 KOBE Matsuda 28 L Kyoshi State University Ba Sing Se Bears
DEF 21 TAKAHASHI Liu 20 L Saigon City College Foggy Swamp Catgators
OFF 12 DENIGII Aukaneck23 L Royal Earth University Southern Polar Leopards
OFF 06 NGO Du 29 R Kyoshi State University Northern BuffaloYaks
OFF 07 NGUYEN Tho 24 L Makapu State College Foggy Swamp Catgators
OFF 35 LUPIS Ulva 21 R University of Kibago Southern Polar Leopards
OFF 22 OTO Oyaji 28 R Heibai University Northern BuffaloYaks

21 June vs. Cosumar ------------------------- LOSS 4-5
22 June vs. Gallund --------------------------- WIN 2-1
23 June at Stuffed Taxidermists ------------ DRAW 1-1
24 June vs. Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuk ------- WIN 2-0
26 June at Cassadaigua ---------------------- LOSS 2-1
27 June vs. Colmark -------------------------- WIN 1-0
28 June at Narsora ---------------------------- WIN 4-1
29 June vs. Michael VII ----------------------- WIN 3-1
30 June at Auremena ------------------------- WIN 1-0

Note: This will be edited as the team advances and as the schedule is posted.
3 July at Valanora ---------------------------- WIN 3-3 (4-3 in Overtime)
4 July vs. Mossulia --------------------------- WIN 4-2
5 July at Plutoni ------------------------------

Choose my goalscorers: Yes
Godmod scoring events: Yes, so long as they are reasonable.
RP injuries to my players: No
Godmod injuries to my players: No
Hand out penalties to my players: No
Godmod other events: Yes, so long as they do not effect the overall game
STYLE MODIFIER: +1.5
Last edited by Gyatso-kai on Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:04 am, edited 16 times in total.
The Avatarian Republic of Gyatso-kai
Denomyn: Avatarian || Trigramme: GKI || Located: Arrosia
Factbook || Armed Forces Holocron
Champions: World Cup of Hockey XXIII, XLIV, XLV, XLVIII, L, AOHC XII
Runner-Up: World Junior Hockey Championship III, World Cup of Hockey XXI, XXVI,
Third Place: World Cup of Hockey XV, XVII, XVIII, XL, XLVII

Gyatso-kai
Ambassador

Game 1 vs Cosumar

Postby Gyatso-kai » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:14 am

HOME Locker Room, Toussaint Forum, Charlevoix, Cotdelapomais
21 June, 2011, Time: 0800 hours. T-0700 until Game Time

The air of the HOME Locker Room at the Toussaint Forum was charged with excitement: The last two hours of a successful practice session was still pumping the twenty-eight players' bodies full of adrenaline. Coach Kad Skirata --- a Mandalorian from the Earth Kingdom --- had pushed these men to the brink and then released his hold.

A perfect father... A perfect coach...

"Kadosii, ner'ade!" Skirata shouted as he entered the locker room, bringing all of his ade, or children, to near silence. A hardy smile graced his otherwise young face; a man of just thirty-eight years of age, he was the youngest coach in the Avatarian Hockey League as well as the youngest coach ever appointed to head the National Team. He removed his jacket, having just returned from a media blitz, and took his seat at the centre of the locker room. The players ceased immediately what they were doing and formed around him, in various states of undress.

"Alright... So, how do we think practice went?" He asked, genuinely relaxed; his arms folded gently on his knees, leaning over ever-so-slightly. The men were contemplative, thinking carefully before answering their coach.

"I think we did well, considering that is only our second time on their ice..." spoke the youngest skater on the team, Leftwing Arnook Ishida. He was only nineteen, drafted in the last season from the esteemed University of the Northern Tribes in the first round; now, he was making waves on the first line of the Makapu Flames as their Assistant Captain. "I felt our first line was a little sluggish on the go, especially in our last skirmish."

"Oh, really?"
interjected the Captain of the Avatarian Ice Bisons, Hakoda Ishii. "I felt the opposite..."

"Well, Hakoda...You are on the first line. Outside observations are usually more accurate,"
spoke Skirata as he stood, making his way over to the white-board hanging on the wall behind him. He began drawing several lines, circles and x's across the surface of the board before turning back. "I have to agree... Especially in the last play your line made before you scored against Wong," he muttered; Wong was the back-up goaltender for the Bisons and, at the age of twenty-six, he was going to be the future of goaltender on this team...barring any unforeseen performance issues during the cup. "You hesitated too much on the first pass across the blue line to Huu. He was wide open for the first second in the zone before Arnook covered him... Had you passed sooner, he would have had a clear shot through the three of Wong... Instead, you had to kill another five seconds fluttering around the zone before you could make a slap through the five..."

Ishii was silent, then he nodded his head in agreement.

"I know this is due to some trust issues we have had... but it will all work out in the end. Just send the puck to your teammate and follow his lead. We have practiced long and hard and it will pay off. Until then, we can only play one game at a time...one period at a time... one play at a time. Keep that in mind and we will eliminate our opponents one by one."

Skirata stood, adjusting his shirt before picking up his jacket and turning to leave. "Report back here at 1200 hours. We will have a thirty-minute skate before returning to the locker room and preparing for our first game."
Last edited by Gyatso-kai on Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Michael VII
Minister

Founded: Jun 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Michael VII » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:28 am

Michael VII National Ice Hockey Team for WCOH 15

Move to your coaches hockey fans, for Michael VII is entering its first ever World Cup of Hockey, an exciting moment for the hockey loving nation, one looking to make its mark on the world!

Team:
LW Mattheus Morkel
C Friedrich Zoller CAPTAIN
RW Damien Karthaus

LW Harold Bertman 1st Assistant Captain
C Gerald Fordt
RW Kelvin Harris

LW Lyle Davy
C Ashton Marks
RW Terrence Unter 2nd Assistant Captain

LW Steve Barlow
C Derrick Nutzer
RW Iqbal Al-Hazash

LD Orson Card
RD Samuel Ford

LD William Darshon
RD Zane Spears

LD Gerald Carson
RD Karl Kochter

Starter Robert Grenky
Reserve Martin Aschweld

LW Mattheus Morkel
C Gerald Fordt
RW Terrence Unter
LD William Darshon
RD Karl Kochter

LW Harold Bertman
C Ashton Marks
RW Iqbal Al-Hazash
LD Orson Card
RD Zane Spears

LW Lyle Davy
C Derrick Nutzer
RW Terrence Unter
D Karl Kochter

LW Steve Barlow
C Friedrich Zoller
RW Iqbal Al-Hazash
D Orson Card

C Gerald Fordt
LD William Darshon
RD Karl Kochter

C Ashton Marks
LD Orson Card
RD Samuel Ford

Head Coach Mark Tasher
Assistant Coach Jonathan Kalt
Trainer Paul Newstubb
Offensive Co-Ordinator Mike Datchet
Defensive Co-Ordinator Jude Kart
Powerplay Coach Werner Ferguson

RP injuries to my players: Y (See below)
Godmod injuries to my players: Y (No serious ones please, just day-to-day injuries)
Hand out penalties to my players: Y
Y'all can do basically anything you want, just don't kill my players so I can't use them again! :p
STYLE MODIFIER: +1.5
My timezone, Southern Winter (Current Time): NZST, UTC +12, Southern Summer: NZDT, UTC +13

NSCF 5 Champions
Qualified for World Cup 62
Hosted World T20 Championships I, Baptism of Iron X, World Bowl 17, World Cup of Hockey XIX, World Bowl 19

Domestic Sportswire

Chetkosk
Envoy

Founded: Apr 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chetkosk » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:22 am

Chetkosk National Ice Hockey Squad

Description: The Chetkosk ice hockey scene is one that has only recently come to the fore in the public eye. The largest and best publicised ice hockey league in the nation is the University League (I'da Hokkyei Universitet Liga) run by the Varsity Federation (Varsityi Federatsii), and as such the vast majority of the players in the national squad are studying at one of Chetkosk's many higher education institutes. Most are undergraduates, although some are postgraduates and a few are now alumni (although this doesn't allow them to compete in the league, they are still eligible for a place on the national squad). The Narwhals are a side that relentlessly rehearse defence techniques and the manager takes pride in the many styles of zone trap they use. The captain, Arkady Koyotei, is the top goalscorer in practises.
Nickname: The Narwhals
Style mod: -2.0
RP Rules:
RP injuries to my players: Y
Godmod injuries to my players: N
Hand out penalties to my players: N

Manager - TOLYATSIY, Kristan - 45
Assistant - GRUTIN, Dmitrius - 33
Head coach - ULAVNICH, Conrad - 41

Goaltenders
G - SEMIN, Evgeni - 20
G - SUSHINSKI, Alexei - 19
G - MALTSEV, Boris - 24

Line 1
C - KOYOTEI, Arkady - 21 (C)
R - MALKLIN, Danis - 21
L - KORNEYEVIN, Jiak - 19

Line 2
C - TERESHCHENKO, Anatoli - 23
R - STARSHINOV, Dmitri - 20
L - KRUTSI'NEV, Valeri - 18

Line 3
C - ZINOVJEV, Sergey - 21
R - KOVALOCHUK, Pavel - 23
L - FROVOLOST, Nikolai - 19

Line 4
C - RAGULIN, Vitali - 20
R - TIKHONOV, Ilya - 19
L - VURABINSK, Artem - 25

Pair 1
LD - NIKULIN, Aleksey - 22
RD - EREMENKO, Konstantin - 20

Pair 2
LD - LARIONOV, Sergei - 18
RD - TRETIAK, Igor - 19

Pair 3
LD - OVECHKIN, Vsevolod - 21
RD - YEMELIN, Valeri - 20

Pair 4
LD - WEIBSATS, Helmut - 22
RD - DATSYUK, Mattim - 20
Last edited by Chetkosk on Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Federal Republic of Chetkosk | Capital - Berlinengrad | Population - 96,645,500 | Head of Government - Chancellor Bogdan Mikhailovich | Trigramme - CHK | Demonym - Chetkoski | ccTLD - .chk | National Wiki
Baptism of Fire 43 - Quarter finalists
WC56, 57, 58 - Qualified
WC59 - Ro16
RLWC8 - 2nd Place
R7WC1 - 4th Place

Camwood
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Camwood » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:12 am

"Forechecking will win it for us," Coach Beeson says. ''Remeber, left wing dumps center chases, the wings go to the net for the feed, and defensemen back up." Remeber zone defense during penatly kill and postional and full stength." This Camwood's first international apperance. Everybody as hopes that the come out with a win or two. "But what I want everybody to do is go behind the net and set up an assist up around the slot."
The Republic of Camwood
Demonym: Camian | Trigramme: CMW | Population: 80 Million
Air Camwood
cbcsport.cmw
Champions of:
Keisler Cup - U13 Baseball Tournament
Fourth
WLC 12
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." -Wayne Gretzky

Cotdelapoms
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cotdelapoms » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:03 pm

There are going to be drunk hockey fans all over Cotdelapoms tonight who will be watching these games in bars, and many of them will get so drunk they'll need to be CUT OFF!

Group A
Greater Cotswalds 0–2 Cotdelapoms
Western Cuba 3–0 Dutch East India
New Palmouth 0–3 Valanora
Chenkorya 3–4 Ocel0t
Kulverint 0–3 Vantelira

Group B
Septentrionia 0–0 Torisakia
Chetkosk 1–0 Swartaz
CISR 0–5 Sarzonia
Shofercia 5–2 Ursine Northlands
Sneaky Nuts 0–2 The Babbage Islands

Group C
Mantwenic 3–5 Cheergirls
Civil Citizenry 0–3 Delaclava
Okunion 2–2 Bergnovinaia
Quakmybush 0–3 Newmanistan
Camwood 3–1 Princess Béatrice Island

Group D
Gyatso-kai 4–5 Cosumar
Gallund 0–1 Auremena
Stuffed Taxidermists 0–1 Michael VII
Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuk 5–4 Narsora
Cassadaigua 0–1 Colmark

Group E
Mangolana 1–2 Mossulia
Mohawk Clans 0–0 Lesser Cotswalds
Cbngggfv 2–4 Mytannion
Ko-oren 1–0 Sakurakoku
Qazox 2–1 Commonwealths of Isles

Group F
Havansk 1–1 Cabric
Taeshan 0–1 Darmen
Wolfmanne 0–5 Plutoni
Polar Islandstates 0–3 Carastoga
North Chicanan 0–1 Virabia

Tables will come starting tomorrow.
Last edited by Cotdelapoms on Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Auremena
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Auremena » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:48 pm

Cotdelapoms wrote:Gallund 0–1 Auremena
OOC: Crud, forgot to post rosters, etc. Will post later tonight. At least we won!
NS's aviation and train sabelotodo.
Post-left anarchist and sad about it.
Killdash, Firsthome, Coffee Cakes, SSC, GCoCS, Snowy, Val, Aeqy, and Replevion are my bitches.
Foot worshipper: Lutvikkia. Dakky's mom, I had her with Nana.
The female Jim Morrison; not as talented, but just as attractive and self destructive. The one true heir to the throne of the Lizard King.
Some poetry I write sometimes
Tearing the MBTA a new one since 2014. The MTA too since 2016. Cover the world in trains 2030
COYS!

Cotdelapoms
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cotdelapoms » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Patriotism does not always suit Cotdelapoms well. In practise, we love imported things- we often have the general attitude that other nations' things are better than ours. Even as our economy grows and grows, we think back to just a few years ago when we were a flailing state emerging from years of isolation and feel a sense of concern that we will return to that soon. Confronted with two similar bottles of wine, one local, and one foreign, your average Cotdelapomais(e) will choose the foreign bottle if they are the same price. However, if ever Cotdelapomais things, be it food, film or, in this case, hockey is ever under attack by outside forces, we become obstinate. "Hockey is Cotdelapoms' game!" said the banners all over Centre Télépom Mobilité in both languages, and the over 20 000 that packed the building agreed.

Save for a (admittedly considerable) pocket of Waaldish fans behind the south goal, and the presence of Waaldish Prime Minister Gerd var Schleeg (though not the Grand-Duke), the building was one in support for the Apples'. The crowd was a roaring mass of blue, with crazy apple hats and elaborate banners aplenty. They sang loudly in unison during "Ô Cotdelapoms!" (and those who knew the words politely during "Unser Laand") and chanted "Go Apples Go!" seemingly all game. There was considerable chatter on television and in the stands about how important this tournament will be to bring Cotdelapoms to the forefront of the hockey world.

As for the actual game, it started out slowly for the Apples, as Greater Cotswalds got 11 of their 22 shots in the first period. The Apples were on their back legs early on when an Adam Wrentham trip put the Arctic Foxes up a man. Pascal Sévigny twice stonewalled Byron Collins and later made a huge reaction save on an excellent Erik Vermeeren slapper. The rest of the first period was largely in favour of Greater Cotswalds, as the Apples looked nervous and sloppy, losing the zone on backpasses and shooting wide.

The second period, however, was a different affair for Cotdelapoms, who came out fast and loose as if they had thrown their nerves into an intermission fire. Guy Lemaire earned the love of the Montréal crowd by giving the Messina-Champagne line plenty of time in the second period, and for good reason. The two of them were crisp and their fast counters led to a handful of odd-man rushes, although in the second period the Apples remained goalless, even on a total of 24 shots.

In the third, now realising that dominating the time of possession would not get a win, the Apples' gave the increasingly anxious looking crowd something to celebrate. On 12 minutes and 32 seconds, Guillaume Lajeunesse got the crowd to its feet with a redirect of an Alexandre Briére slapper that got past the otherwise excellent Timmo Daahl. This proved to be Daahl's only blemish, as Cotdelapoms' second and final goal game with just 40 seconds remaining as Louis Periard calmly hurled the puck at an empty net and then celebrated like much of the crowd, joyous at earning Cotdelapoms' a win in the opening round of the biggest tournament in the lives of just about everyone in the arena.

THREE STARS
1st: Guillaume Lajeunesse- 1 goal, 3 shots, +1
2nd: Timmo Daahl- 38 saves, 1 goal allowed.
3rd: Pascal Sévigny- 22 saves, 0 goals allowed.

Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuk
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuk » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:15 pm

OOC: Nice cut off post Cotdelapoms. Also, as Narsora does not have a roster or Rp Permissions, I am not going to name Narsora's players, however, I am going to assume yes to all RP Permissions.

IC: ABK is going crazy tonight, what with its teams victory over Narsora, 5-4, in the final minute. John Lively set off scoring in the first period. However, Narsora jumped to a quick 3-1 lead. Early in the second period, Eric Formly scored his first of two consecutive goals, tying the game at 3. Scoring stopped until the middle of the third period, when Narsora struck with a goal. David Mayer added a goal, but a tie seemed certain. That is until Stan Lake tapped the puck to Phillip Bonnin with 1:20 left in the third period. Here is the play-by-play: "Bonnin coming up the boards, he passes it to Lively. Lively skating up and, oh! What a hit on him, but the puck is picked up by (Haru) Kaaken. Kaaken passes to Mayer. Mayer to Parvern. Parvern passes to Lively. Clock down to 1:00. Lively around the net, he shoots, oh, deflected by the keeper. Parvern has the rebound, SCORES!!! He Scores!!! Parvern has scored. The fans are going crazy here at the stadium, and I can only imagine the reaction of ABK fans all over the world. What a moment for ABK Hockey."
Last edited by Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuk on Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Round of 16:Baptism of Fire 43, WLC 12, DI Bradini Cup 19, Copa Rushmori VI, WISC 3

Quarterfinals:Draggonnii Inviyatti VI, Gaelic Games World Championships Hurling, Beach Cup V

8th Place:Market Cup 4

7th Place:Water World Championships 2

6th Place:ABK Military Exercise Competition

4th Place:2nd Wadomia Track Invitational (Men's), Baptism of Iron 9

3rd Place:Swift Cup, Gregory Cup I

Second Place:McLeod Cup VI

Champion: Coupe Coutu

Hosted:ABK Military Exercise Competition, Swift Cup, Gregory Cup I

Rankings:Lockey (3)|Babbage Rules (15)

My World Census Form viewtopic.php?f=23&t=83868&p=6308138#p6308138

OkUnion
Attaché

Founded: May 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby OkUnion » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:46 pm

OSN Hockey Room

The Okunion National Hockey Team tied in Matchday One of the WCoH 15.
Last edited by OkUnion on Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FOUNDED:Year 1000
Okunion time: 1 RL Day=1 Okunion Week
5 Okunion Weeks=1 Okunion Month
5 Okunion Months=1 Okunion Year

Current Government Leaders
President-Richard Weeks
Vice President-Tom Lainer
Secretary of Defense-Emma Davis
Secretary of State-Mika Lainer
Head of Senate-Kevin Elliot
Chief Justice of the Supreme Court-Rebecca Floyd
Sports Director-Ron Carotti
Founder of Nation States World Series of Poker (Please Join!)

Colmark
Diplomat

Founded: May 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Colmark » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:07 pm

The Fortnam Times
Colmark upset Cassadaigua in WCoH!
Most remarkable victory since the Miracle on Ice - possibly
Pigs fly
Hell freezes over

Shock filled the Chambly & Colisée CPMC as Colmark pulled off a stunning upset to kickstart their World Cup campaign. World #7 Cassadaigua, much fancied to take group D rather easily, were defeated 1-0 by #44 Colmark on Match Day 1. The only score of the game came from John George, as Colmark took advantage of a two man advantage to slot home what would prove to be the match winning goal late in the first period. After this, Colmark, who had played with grit, found a sense of self-belief that saw them cling on for dear life for the rest of the game. The third period saw many nervous moments as Cassadaigua pounded at Colmark's goal, only to be denied by some desperate defence and some reflex saves from Mark Hamilton. The final hooter blared as yet another scramble for the puck was ongoing near the Colmarkian goal, and the relief on the faces of all Colmark's players was palpable. "This is why we put in the hard yards in training, why we willingly sacrifice ourselves for the team. This is what winning feels like, and it is great" Exclaimed captain Frederick Thomas who had given his absolute all in a man of the match performance. His commanding role on defence was the major reason why Colmark held on through the match. Many argue that the victory can be put down to Mike Raffles and the new coaching regime, though he was typically remiss to accept credit "I can only do so much, you can't teach the spirit the boys put in. I'm so proud of them right now, we'll celebrate tonight but tomorrow its back to training. There are plenty more games to come"

Schedule:
Cassadaigua
To play:
Cosumar
Narsora
Michael VII
Auremena
Gyatso-kai
Gallund
Stuffed Taxidermists
Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuk
Last edited by Colmark on Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
There's a breathless hush in the Close to-night
Ten to make and the match to win
A bumping pitch and a blinding light,
An hour to play, and the last man in.
And it's not for the sake of a ribboned coat.
Or the selfish hope of a season's fame,
But his captain's hand on his shoulder smote
"Play up! Play up! And play the game!"

Gyatso-kai
Ambassador

Postby Gyatso-kai » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:13 pm

Cotdelapoms wrote:Group D
Gyatso-kai 4–5 Cosumar

(((How does one RP against a nation which has yet to even post their roster, team information or even acknowledged their acceptance to perform in this RP? I do not even know what I am allowed to RP as he has yet to even post the most basic of requirements... I would love to RP my guys...but until Cosumar does anything...)))

Darmen
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 16, 2011
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Darmen » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:42 pm

OOC:Gyatso-kai, just write about your team and would they did, you don't need to write about what Cosumar did.

Darmen wins WCoH opener
The Darmen National Hockey Team won 1-0 against Taeshan. Darmen's Coach, Marc Lemaire, said, "We really did very well tonight. Our goalie played exceptionaly well, and our team was able to dump and chase like pro's." Darmen is now in first place of Group F, or if you go through the tie breakers, they're tied for third with Virabia.

Goal Scorers:S. Perry(1)
The Republic of Darmen
President: Sebastian Elliott (NLP) | Capital: Scott City | Population: 10.6 mil | Demonym: Darmeni | Trigramme: DAR
Factbook (WIP) | Encylopedia | Domestic Sports Newswire
Champions: CoH 51, CR 13, GCF Test 9, GCF Test 13, WBC 25, QWC 7 Runners-up: CoH 53, CR 10, GCF Test 11, T20C 2, T20C 4, RLWC 10, WBC 42
Third: CR 20, T20C 10, RLWC 20, RLWC 22, R7WC 4, WBC 21, BC 6 Host: CR 9, RWC 18, RWC 26, RWC 35, RLWC 12, RLWC 18, RLWC 22, BC 6, BC 10, WVE 4

Sakurakoku
Envoy

Founded: Jul 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

World Cup of Hockey 15 (RP/Rosters/Scores)

Postby Sakurakoku » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:33 pm

Box Score: Ko-oren 1, Sakurakoku 0
at Barsteeg Arena, Hamilton

Ko-oren     0 0 1 - 1
Sakurakoku 0 0 0 - 0

First Period
Scoring: None.
Penalties:
- KOO: *smudge*, holding, 5:44.
- SKR: Tabata, high sticking, 15:21.

Second Period
Scoring: None.
Penalties:
- SKR: T. Kobayashi, interference, 15:25
- SKR: Bench (served by Sakakihara), too many men, 16:14.

Third Period
Scoring:
- KOO: *smudge* (*smudge*, *smudge*), 5:09.
Penalties:
- SKR: Kozawa, cross-checking, 0:19.
- KOO: *smudge*, delay of game, 19:14.

Goaltending
Team  Name         SA  GA  Saves  SV%   TOI
KOO *smudge* 20 0 20 1.00 59:52
SKR H. Armitage 29 1 28 .966 57:41

Shots On Goal
Team  1st  2nd  3rd  TOTAL
KOO 11 8 10 29
SKR 6 4 10 20
Last edited by Sakurakoku on Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:40 am, edited 5 times in total.
WBC: 16, 18, 19, 20, 21, 23, 24, 26.
WB: 14 (BOI 8), 15
WCoH: 15

Plutoni
Envoy

Founded: Mar 02, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Plutoni » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:42 pm

(Goalscorers: Ninins 4:02 into first, Lieb 8:38 into first, Karm 12:39 into second, Murshom 15:03 into second, Shob 7:39 into third.)

"Okay, guys. A new World Cup of Hockey is getting underway, one of the announcers muttered something about it being the beginning of summer, I think it's time for a progress report," said the boss.

"Plutoni are one and oh with the largest win of the first matchday," said a computer against the back wall.

"On a broader scale," he sighed. "Start taping. Okay. Cover?"

"We're fine," hissed Rich, "and even if we weren't, how would we know otherwise?"

"This doesn't mean I have to like it," said the boss. "But whatever. Rapport?"

"What is rapper?" asked Becca.

"Rapport! You know, being respected. Trusted. In with the guys. Or whatever it happens to be." Blank faces met him. "Nobody's gotten banned...they like us...well enough. Any ideas you've thrown out being accepted?"

"I've given them a lot of music ideas," said Vicki.

"Okay, well, I wasn't hoping for ideas that you actually meant to go ahead, but...whatever. That's something. Okay. Technical authority...nobody's been promoted...I still think we should have brought Mel. How about actually redirecting things?"

"We don't know, boss," said Jeremy. "Like we told you, our old archives went screwy."

"Please work on that," the boss said to his surly computer. "And how about avoiding...messing other things up?"

"Again, boss, we wouldn't know."

He scowled. "And. Lastly. Putting popular support elsewhere. Any more word on the--"

"Think that fell through, boss," Becca interrupted. "And anyway, we can't put our trust in that."

"How about the WCoH?" said Rich. "5-0. That's gotta be something everyone can all rally behind."

"You'd better hope you're right," said the boss. "For everyone's sake. We'd all better hope he's right."
You're not a vacuum; you're a black hole!

84th Lowest Police Ratios

Greater Cotswalds
Attaché

Founded: Jul 09, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Cotswalds » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:46 pm

WaaldAir, Air Cotswalds and any number of carriers that serve the Waaldish people made their money this week. Flights were full and often from airpots all over Greater Cotswalds as hockey fans grabbed their opportunity to see the World Cup of Hockey and to cheer on their cherished Arctic Foxes.

Cotdelapoms has always been a favorite vacation location for the Waaldish and a chance to witness their team in action is even better and as such they descended on Montreal. Some reports stated that Waaldish fans were taking full, if not so overly so, advantage of the open container laws. However as they filed into Centre Télépom Mobilité, the singing of the fight song, "Vor Cotswalds Vor!" was clear to be heard.

The national colors draped the stands and signs help proclaiming the dominance of the foxes were clear to be seen and while loud and excitable, a great respect was held between the opposing fans, a mutual respect fostered through many sporting clashes through their history. Knowing the devotion of the opposing fans, the fans put their best effort into filling the arena with "Unser Laand", an act the players on the ice clearly took to joining in on.

Charged up from their fans and their intro, the Arctic Foxes came out of the gate swinging to be met by Pascal Sévigny who would not give way to the high intensity offense offered by the Foxes. The fans waited and expected, cheering at the shots, deflating at the lack of twine. As the intermission came and went the expectation was for another two periods of offense. The fans certainly got this, but it was not as they expected.

Instead it was the Apples that came out strong and Greater Cotswalds struggled to reverse the pressing play of Cotdelapoms. The second period only allowed for four shots for the Foxes, none of them much for chances. Timmo Daahl kept his the Foxes in the game but only just. Daahl made a critical save on a rush where Julien Champagne undressed Erik var der Laan and flicked a back hand shot into the blocker of Daahl but a bad direction put it at the stick of Luca Messina who attempted to shovel it low in the fray, Daahl stayed low and slid across his crease to keep the puck out and contained.

The third period saw improvement, but not enough, push finally came to shove and the Apples took the lead. A scrappy battle to get lead back ensued, Alex var der Kamm nearing an equalizer by beating an icing call and nearly stuffing a wrap around in. At the end of the day it was all for naught, a second goal on the empty net sealed it, and while disappointed, there are still many games to go.

In an additional note, Greater Cotswalds brewery Barsteeg, the leading beer of Cotdelapoms declared that in honor of a showdown of their most popular markets, they would donate 250,000kr to a charity of the choice of the country that scores first. At this time there has not been an annoucement which Cotdelapomais charity will receive the money.
Last edited by Greater Cotswalds on Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lesser Cotswalds
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Lesser Cotswalds » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:16 pm

Undefeated in First International Match!
(Reprinted from National Paper VolksZeitung)

The Democratic Republic of Lesser Cotswalds has shown that they are not a team that will accept defeat at the hands of their opponent! Prior to the match the players were read the letters of fans in DRLC, wishing them the best and telling our boys that the eyes of the nation will watch upon them on their fight to the glorious cup. Filled with pride the coach Wietse Litjens lead his team out on the ice. On the ice, the voices of the players proudly sang "Hymn var der Volke" for all to hear.

The crowd and the opponents certainly had never seen or heard anything as moving in their lives.

The players truly played as comrades of the ice, moving the puck between themselves with such efficiency that to remove the puck from their sticks was an event to be cheered by the other fans. As the proletariat forms the backbone for our glorious nation, Pieter Leijten formed a solid defense against all shots that dared to enter the net. On this, a night that some would say was his but he shared with all, he was as strong as the Öst Wall!

Miroslav Veldstra praised his side's performance and stated, that in the way we must do in our own lives, they will improve in the next match.

The next match will be against Cbngggfv. No doubt ahead of this match there will be reflecting and preparation. Letters to our glorious squad in Cotdelapoms can be sent to the Minsitry of Sport, Roijen Square, Kallistaad 001 GVK12.

Gyatso-kai
Ambassador

Game 1: Gyatso-kai 4 - 5 Cosumar

Postby Gyatso-kai » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:03 pm

Republic Loses First Match in Cotdelapoms; Prepares for Long Haul Ahead

From the Republic Associated Times, 2011.06.21

After a flurry of goals late in the third, the Ice Bisons could not scramble for the win in their first game of the World Cup of Hockey.

After being shut-out in the first period, with veteran goaltender Shu Huanguo allowing three goals through the first, the Ice Bisons managed to answer back in the second with a power-play goal by left-wing Kuruk Ikeda on the Cosumar high-sticking call. The remainder of the period would be spent watching Shu block ten out of twelve shots from the furious Cosumarian offence.

"We just couldn't stop them", stated Duong Huu, the centre on the Avatarian's number one penalty-killing unit; with a season high 0.764 on the overall-points leading Foggy Swamp Catgators back in the AHL, the pair of Duong and defenceman Murakami Osamu were kept down to just one out of three powerplays in the second period; the first coming at 2:45 with a slashing call on right-wing Pak Dae-Li which resulted in the Cosumarian power-play scoring just ten seconds into the power-play. The next penalty came when defenceman Bei Fong Lo was given a game misconduct for a late check which sent the centre of the Cosumar's first line to the locker room for the remainder of the game (The status of the injury has yet to be announced.); this penalty was again capitalised upon by the Cosumarian team, bringing the score to 5-1.

"Going into the third (period), we just wanted revenge," stated Ikeda in the post-game interview. "We needed to bring some pride back to our team. Obviously the referees here want clean games, which is something the men of Gyatso-kai are not fond of...We are a physical team, well versed in the arts of checking and unfortunately, these referees want nothing to do with that." In the first half of the third period, the game went goalless; with Shu remaining in the net for the Ice Bisons despite allowing five goals. When questioned about this decision, Coach Kad Skirata had only this to say:

"He is a veteran of combat, who has seen more pucks shot into his face then I have seen days as coach. When I asked him, he said he was just having an off day and promised to make it up if I left him in the game... How can I say no to that spirit?"
In fact, during the third period, Shu would shut down the blinding fury of shots on goal he would face as the Cosumarians would come up empty on twenty shots on goal; bringing his game total to 37 out of 42 shots on goal. On the opposite end of the ice, the first and second lines of the Ice Bisons would perform an impressive three goals in less than a minute of play; two from Ikeda to give him the first international hat-trick and the third from newcomer Arnook Ishida on a three-on-one break.

Tonight, the Ice Bisons will rest up. However, for tomorrow, they will face-off against fellow-unranked team from Gallund Grizzly Bruins.

TEAM		1st	2nd	3rd	OT	FINAL
Gyatso-kai 00 01 03 xx 04
Cosumar 03 02 00 xx 05

Goal Summary

First Period
CMR: Hair (Kylde) 3:58
CMR: Klyde (Harpin) 6:43
CMR: Gohin (Karnicsson, Garfinski) 18:21

Second Period
GKI: Ikeda (Duong) 2:31
CMR: Klyde (Kline) 2:55
CMR: Hair (Travis) 16:24

Third Period
GKI: Ikeda (Ishii) 10:31
GKI: Ikeda (Murakami) 11:01
GKI: Ishida (Feng) 11:26

Penalty Summary

First Period
GKI: Ishii, tripping, 1:01
GKI: Duong, high-sticking, 10:39

Second Period
CMR: Karnicsson, high-sticking, 0:31
GKI: Pak, cross-checking, 2:45
GKI: Bei Fong, charging, 15:22 (game-misconduct)

Third Period
**No penalties**

Goaltending

Team	Name		SA	GA	Saves	SV%	TOI
GKI SHU H. 42 05 37 0.881 56:00
CMR Hurcumb 47 04 43 0.915 57:02

Shots on Goal Summary

TEAM	1st	2nd	3rd	OT	FINAL
GKI 15 09 18 xx 42
CMR 15 12 20 xx 47

Injury Summary

**No Injuries**

Stars

First Star: Zakk Klyde (2G, 1A)
Second Star: Kuruk Ikeda (3G, 0A)
Third Star: Marin Hurcumb (43 saves)

(((Edited given Cosumar's posting of his stats.)))
Last edited by Gyatso-kai on Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:02 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Gyatso-kai
Ambassador

Aftermath of the First Game

Postby Gyatso-kai » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:20 pm

Hôtel Charlevoix, Charlevoix, Cotdelapomes
Tenth Floor, Room 10-022
2315 hours, 21 June 2011

Coach Kad Skirata sat at the desk in his hotel room at the Hôtel Charlevoix, admiring the strong cultural influence found throughout the room. Amazing. What a beautiful nation, he thought as he went over the various statistics of the last game. He was surprised by the sheer amount of penalties his team had garnished when compared to the Cosumarians: 4 penalties against the Bison and only one against the opponents. Guess we will have to change our strategies here in the next game... he contemplated, looking over the various statistics from the Gallund Grizzly Bruins. They had also lost their first game against the Auremena team; so they at least shared something in common. Though, losing one-nil was slightly more embarrassing than losing by one goal after scoring three in a minute. That would only serve to fuel their passion in this game, Skirata once again pondered as he turn on the television. The nightly news was on, showing just how rough of a day it had been for Group D in the World Cup of Hockey: All of the teams had lost by one goal, with three of them losing 1-nil and the other two also facing a 5-4 loss. The other groups had faired slightly better, with two teams being shut out 5-nil...

This would certainly be an interesting series...

He reached forward, turning off the light over his desk and began to prepare for bed. He had scheduled a 0900 team meeting, followed by a relaxing two-hour skate... just to loosen the stiff legs from the game before. There were no days off for the next six days straight... he needed to relax his men any way possible...

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 17, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Qazox » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:00 pm

The road back to the top of the hockey world begins with but a single step. A 2-1 win over Commonwealths of Isles was that first step, we hope. The first 2 periods were rather uneventful, as both teams goalies were outstanding, blocking a total of 36 shots between the two fo them. But eventually someone had to breakthough the deadlock, and just 1:12 into the 3rd period, Danelle Royal's wrap-around broke the tie. Adam Penrose made it 2-0 with 3 minutes left, and it looked like Qazox would get an opening night shut-out. But CoI managed to scrape home goal in front of Vanessa Greyson as the puck bounced around after a defensive end faceoff and somehow ended up in net with 40 seconds left. Despite having an extra attacker, CoI couldn't manage to get a tying goal. Up next for Qazox is Sakurakuko, who lost to Ko-oren 1-0 earlier in the day.

QZX 0 0 2  2
COI 0 0 1 1

Gaol Summary:
Qazox- Royal 1:12 3rd (Merrick, Tyson)
Qazox- Penrose 16:56 3rd (Kent, Greene)
C. of I- LW#4 19:20 3rd (C#3)

Goalies:
CoI Goalie #1: 26sv/28sh
Greyson: 23sv/24sh

SHOTS ON GOAL
QZX 9 8 11  28
COI 8 11 5 24

PENALTIES:

CoI- RW#2 3:11 1st (roughing)
Qazox- Chad 11:49 2nd (boarding)
CoI- LD#3 4:10 3rd (roughing)

Qazox: 0/2 on PP
CoI: 0/1 on PP
Wikipage/Qazox National Football Team
Qualified for World Cups 31, 33, 35-50, 54-59, 61, 62. Runners-up: CoH 52
Baptism of Fire 44 (w/Mangolana); World Baseball Classics 1, 4, 5, 10, 13 and 23; World Cup of Hockey 7 and 14; World Bowls IV & IX; IBC X; Baptism of Iron III and VIII; NSCAA Tourney II, III (conferences/regionals), The OXEN Cup; the TOUR de QAZOX, Qazoxian Sports Festival and NS X-Games/Winter X-Games I.
World Cups of Hockey 4 & 6; World Baseball Classics 6, 8 and 9, World Bowls 3 and XXI; Draggonnii Inviyatii V, IBC XI
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

Cabric
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Cabric » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:19 pm

The Caribou's debut at the 15th World Cup of Hockey ended in a 1-1 tie with Havansk. For team primiarly made up of high-school kids, playing against players that have more experience than they do facial hair (at least on the guys); getting the first point calmed a lot of nerves.

Bryant Baen: Man. that was intense. You don't get a feel for the speed of the game until you're on the ice. And the size of the Havansk team! Bobby (Robert Nance) is our biggest guy and their goalie's almost as big as him. I'm just glad none of us got hurt out there.

Kaylie Landau: I'm just glad we got that goal from Mark (Palin) in the 1st period. It calmed us down and allowed us to control the flow of the game a bit. We weren't perfect out there, but to stal a point in our first game was good. Shows that we have a chance here in Cotdelapoms.

Mark Palin (scored 1st goal at 6:10 of 1st period): I'm suprised that went in. I couldn't see the net, just a big guy coming right for me and i let it fly. When the lamp turned on, as first I thought it was a malfunction, until the referee took the puck out of the back of the net and handed it to me. I'm suprised the referee even knew it was our team's first ever goal. I just hope the Emperor decides to showcase it somewhere nice.

Up next for the Caribou is Virabia, one of the favorites to advance out this group and make the playoffs. They were 1-0 winners over North Chicanan in their opener.
Last edited by Cabric on Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please attempt NOT to spell my name: CARBIC, CARBON, CRABIC or CARBRICK; and I will attempt to spell your name correctly. Wikipage

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports