NATION

PASSWORD

World Baseball Classic 26- Everything Thread (IC)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Free Republics
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republics » Fri May 24, 2013 3:56 am

Sporting World

Peter Bach's National Team blows lead in 8th, loses game in 9th
by: Michelina Panicucci

Today, something finally took attention away from the first openly gay athlete in a major sport in the greatest country on Earth. Today, Peter Bach led his country onto the field at Nicholls Enterprises Stadium against the Equestrian States, a team composed of horse-like creatures with intelligence roughly equivalent to that of humans. Before a mostly empty stadium in a city that was more concerned with the performance of the Baseton Brawlers in today's away game against the Newfort Bears, they played the team from the Equestrian States, which they call the Phoenixes.

I have never seen anything like the sight today. It is an impressive sight that they can play baseball competitively against non-humans. An "earth pony" named Fireball started for the Equestrian States against Ferbed Kerama. Peter Bach's Republicans immediately discovered the speed of the ES team as Blazer the unicorn led off the game by easily beating out a routine grounder to short. Kerama found a way out of the inning by striking out Matt Jackson and forcing Ashley Hamilton to hit a grounder right to second base. Michael Schwartz quickly scooped up the hard-hit ground ball while standing on second and threw Hamilton out at first for the double play.

Ferbed Kerama would pitch well on this day, showing why the University of Foraba star is considered one of the most sought after prospects among this year's college seniors. Kerama is widely expected to sign with a major league team somewhere in the Federation at a record salary, but today he was solely concerned with getting outs and putting up an impressive performance against one of the stronger international baseball teams. "I'm happy with my performance today," He told me after the game, "Obviously, the bullpen blew the lead they inherited from me, but I'm still happy with my performance. I enjoyed the opportunity to represent my country and it is unfortunate that I ended up with a no decision and we lost."

The scoring picked up in the bottom of the 2nd when Giancarlo Bolko, the openly gay team captain, smashed a Fireball pitch for a home run. In the bottom of the 3rd, Hamilton Simard led off with a single. Tytus Majewski singled and Simard advanced from first to 3rd. Michael Schwartz would hit a fly ball to right field, which was caught by Bright Harp, another unicorn. Simard tagged up and scored. The FFR led 2 runs to none after 3. I asked Giancarlo Bolko for some comments, but he refused to speak to me, citing my publication of "slanders" against his teammates a few days ago. He did tell me off the record that nobody on the team is homophobic and that I should "stop spreading false rumors" that they are. May I point out that I was just doing my job, reporting what my anonymous sources told me? Apparently, we reporters can't do our jobs anymore without athletes throwing a fit. Maybe what they say about gay people is true.

Stonewall led off the fifth inning for the Equestrian States by drawing a walk. The catcher for the ES team is a pegasus, meaning a flying horse-like creature, but he is apparently getting up there in years. After Kendra Peters struck out, Blazer came up and dropped a ball into shallow center field. Tytus Majewski got to it fairly quick, but Blazer was still in at second for a double and Stonewall advanced to 3rd with slightly more difficulty. If the bases had been empty, it would have likely been a triple. Matt Jackson hit a ball that landed in left field. Sami Hiukka tracked it down, but not before both runners scored. Matt Jackson decided to stretch it into a double and was barely thrown out by Hiukka. After Ashley Hamilton popped up behind the plate, the inning was over.

After Tytus Majewski popped up to start the bottom of the 5th inning, Michael Schwartz drew a walk. Sami Hiukka struck out for the second out. Ilyas Korgay was up next. Korgay smashed Fireball's 3-1 pitch, a fastball, over the short fence in right field. The Federation of Free Republics led 4 runs to 2. Sinker, another "earth pony" came into the game for the Equestrian States to replace their struggling starter. The bullpen would not concede a single run to Peter Bach's Republicans all day long.

After 7 innings, Ferbed Kerama left the game, having allowed just 2 runs. Kerama was in position to pick up a win, provided the bullpen could hold the lead. Menwecheher Kewesha came in for the FFR. Kewesha is a 26-year-old career minor leaguer who is considered a "replacement player" by major league standards. He would allow a 2-run home run to Steven Wilson, which tied the game at 4. In the top of the 9th, Christophe Lundberg got Stonewall to pop up to Feliks Jablonski and Kendra Peters to strike out. That brought up Blazer with 2 outs. The speedy unicorn hit the ball to the center field fence. It bounced off the 366-foot fence. Tytus Majewski did a decent job of playing the ball off the fence. However, Blazer was running furiously and crossed the plate for an inside the park home run before Majewski's throw made it to the cutoff man. Flutterfire would strike out the side in the bottom of the 9th and the Equestrian States would win 5 to 4, thanks to the Republican bullpen.

As Nova Hellstrom reported, Rule Theriault's U-21 soccer team lost the Di Bradini Cup final to the Equestrian States later on in the same day. It was a disappointing day for Republican international sports, but most people that watch the games do so on that foreign video streaming web site Sanctustube. They simply aren't televised very frequently in the Federation and few people want to buy a ticket to an international game because they'd rather not watch foreigners play sports. Tomorrow, Peter Bach's Republicans host Strawbee, a team they beat previously, at BearOil Park in Petrograd. BearOil, for the benefit of my ignorant foreign readers, is an oil company. Petrograd is called that because it was founded by Slavic people and it is located in an oil-rich area of the Republic of Plymouth. With the top teams in Group 3 seemingly on the verge of pulling away from the pack, Peter Bach will need to win tomorrow to keep his hopes of making the playoffs a realistic proposition. Personally, I hope he does so because we should be proving our superiority over those foreigners. I wish our best baseball players would put their egos aside, play for their country and show the rest of the world how superior we are. FFR! FFR! FFR! Sadly, that isn't going to happen in this World Baseball Classic.

Michelina Panicucci is an intern for Sporting World. She is currently a student at Baseton University. She is majoring in journalism. Michelina is a lifelong baseball fan who played baseball for her high school, although she saw little playing time. Miss Panicucci is originally from the Republic of Roxawa, where she grew up on her family's farm.
Why I left NS Sports
World Cup 85 Champions
1st: DBC 28, X Winter Olympics, Independents Cup 4, CoH 66, WBC 46, World Bowl XXXVIII, World Cup 85
2nd: World Cup 68, DBC 27, U15WC 8, UWCFA Gold Cup I, BoI 15, 2nd Imperial Chap Olympiad, NSCF 11
Host: World Cups 68 & 81, CoH 58, Games of XIII Olympiad, X Winter Olympics, World Bowls XXII, XXXI & XXXVIII, WBCs 42 & 46, RUWC 25
Current Senior Consul: Nova Hellstrom-Hancock (Golden Age)
Current Junior Consul: Samuel Izmailov (Nat-Gre)
Demonym: Republican
Trigram: FFR
Official Nation Name: Federation of Free Republics
Stop Biden: Vote Trump!

Sangti
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sangti » Fri May 24, 2013 6:26 am

SANGTI'S HIDDEN CAMERA SPORTS SHOW

We are here for another version of Deportes Camaras Ocultas, where we get to see behind the scenes of the Sangti Indios Baseball team preparing for the match against the German-Spanish Empire. With Spanish blood flowing in these two nations, we can call it the Derby de Espana, er well this is not football, and not all Sangtians inherited Spanish blood. Filipino blood it seems. Well, they are in Rejistania for, erm, well, special training. This training was for the Sangti Indios team to be educated, as it seemed that their lack of "education" perhaps or lack of composure cost them two valuable games, they could have, themselves had a record of 4-1, and more excitingly hold a triple-tie for 1st with Milchama and Ko-oren! But, reality is reality. In the last edition it took of this show, the first camera was broken after Monico Deligero threw his AyPad straight into the camera. It costed 100000 Sangs to buy a new camera, and the staff were allowed to join the Indios Team in their Rejistania trip going back to the Land of the Indios, Yellow Eagles, whatever they say, Sangti.

During the bus trip from Rejistania to the airport where they return to Sangti to face GSE, Deligero held a team talk.

"Hey guys, now that you are spiritually enlightened, Let's discuss what we have left of our schedule in the WBC 26." Shows a chart, oh that's a BIG chart! As expected from Manager Monico!

The schedule for Group 2:
Sangti @ GSE 4-3
Sangti vs Ko-oren 3-12
Sangti @ Cyborg Holland 7-3
Sangti vs Milchama 4-6
Sangti @ RKQ 6-8 (11 inn)
Sangti vs GSE
Sangti @ Ko-oren
Sangti vs Cyborg Holland
Sangti @ Milchama
Sangti vs RKQ

"As things stand, we are in fourth place. 3 games behind Milchama and 2 games behind Ko-oren. We could have made it interesting if we had won our last match, but we have to pick ourselves up and play competitive baseball for the second half of the group stages."

"This match against GSE will be important. Why?"

"First, GSE is the cellar-dweller.We beat them at their own turf 4-3, so I expect to destroy those faggots whose football team threw the Agilang Dilaw out of the Market Cup."

"Second, in the same matchday, Ko-oren is facing Milchama. Expect that to a win by the World Number 1. What team had the fewest run difference when facing Milchama? SANGTI. That's us."

"Third, I don't like their... I just dont like seeing GSE beat us to a pulp."

"We should win the next matches. Taeshan won WBC 13 as a group runner up! With that we can have a shot at winning the title dammit!"

"If we win all our next games, we may snatch second and win it all!"

"Let's do the huddle!"

"In the bus?"

"Just do the effing huddle, dammit!"

...all players including the cameraman approaching Monico

"Uno... Dos..."

"Viva del Sangti! Viva! Viva! Viva los Indios!"

And... when our cameraman approached the huddle at the bus, there was pandemonium panic! The bus took a sharp curve and... Monico hit the cameraman. And you know what happened. There goes another 100000 Sangs.

This is Rafael Sigua reporting from Rejistania. Oh and by the way the Agilang Dilaw will be in the stands for the GSE match.
Last edited by Sangti on Fri May 24, 2013 6:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
THE ROYAL UNION OF SANGTI AND THE FILINDO ISLES
Region: Esportiva | Sportswire | Trigramme: TRB | Leader: TBA | Libertad Sportswear
Founder, Trofeo de Paz | Co-organizer, IUBC, International Domestic Basketball competition (with Buyan)
Winners, World Baseball Classic 29, NSCAA 6, Federation Club Cup I, Rugby Union World Cup 23 | Qualified for World Cup 68, 69 and 71
<NWW|MOC> Well, I should probably head for bead.
<+Audio> "Tuna has been extortionate since around 2007, stop complaining, jizzballs"
<SNT-FFR> Apparently, I'm not a "good" sports RPer :p
[04:20] <Glo> Ohkay...
[04:20] <Glo> So Esper is officially down
[04:20] <@commerceheights> then how are you sending this message? :P

The Sova Empire
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sova Empire » Fri May 24, 2013 7:01 am

Before going to Michael VII for match 6 of the 26th World Baseball Classic, he packed up his old diary from highschool. While a lot of the players teased him, he still felt the need to read it. Maybe it could help him out of this little rut he's been having. No hits over the past couple of games have made him question whether the start of WBC 25 was a fluke. He stepped onto the plane, found his seat, opened the book, and began to read.

5/24, Sophomore year
Dear Diary,
I have survived another day at school today. A great memorial day weekend awaits me. Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday off for me. I personally can't wait.

In first hour, we made breakfast in the staff cafeteria in celebration of us completing our AP test in that subject. I worked hard to prepare food for everyone else, who were just sitting around, socializing and wielding their smartphones. Once I had prepared pancakes, french toast, apple juice, orange juice and sausages for everyone, those morons they all jumped up, got in line, and to my disappointment, I realized that I would be the last to be served food. To my comfort, I recalled a passage that was along the general lines of "What you have done for the least of these brothers, you have done for [Jesus]." I think it was in Matthew. Anyways, second hour proved much better, as we finished a very satisfying movie. 3rd hour was a typical lecture on thermochemistry. 4th hour was spent doing nothing, as barely anyone even bothered to show up. Fifth hour came around, and it seems that while I was taking my AP test, the rest of class got an assignment. SO it seems that I am behind in that class. Oh well, who needs Algebra anyways?

Most of my middle school and a great portion of my first few years of High-school socially have been spent trying to get the attention of the "smarter" girls. I'm pretty sure every school has that one group of girls that always have the right answers, always are smiling, laughing, having fun (are always SO much CUTER than the rest of the girls), and never allow any guys to mix among them. My challenge has been to see if any of them would socialize with me. Here is how 98% of conversations go:
Me: Hi!
Her: Hey Gary.
Me: How's it going?
Her: Good.
Me: That's good, keep it up!

and then we'd both awkwardly walk away from each other. So finally, after years stacked upon years of trying, one of them FINALLY started a conversation with me. It was as I was walking towards the practice room for Quiz Bowl practice, the main hall merged with the one I was walking down. A pair of those girls were going down the main hallway, and one of them actually initiated conversation. I couldn't believe it. So I did my best to keep the conversation going, but we did have to depart ways eventually. So I might actually have progress in my mission to become friends with one of those. Maybe. I'm not exactly sure. It doesn't seem that I (or anyone else for that matter) fullly understands how women work.

Quiz Bowl practice went well. There will be a tourney between me and the other 2 guys on the team next week. Everyone expects me, to win, and I proved that practice why. I was first to the buzzer on most of the Lightning Round questions, and I got a power on a standard question, something I rarely do. I hope I can duplicate the dominating performance next week, when we actually keep score.

Gary Roffeld

GAME 5

THRILLEDGE 9-6 The Sova Empire

Scoring plays:
4th: Grand Slam by Ida Givadurn. 4-0 TSE
4th: Inside-the-park HR by "Y". 5-0 TSE
6th: With runners on 2nd and 3rd, Ivey finds the gap between left and center fields for a 2-RBI double. 5-2 TSE
7th: Solo HR by Alvarez to center. 5-3
7th: A single, steal and balk move the runner to 3rd so Blastings Thrilledge can single him home. 5-4 TSE
7th: Armstrong proves why his arm is strong by putting a pitch that was off the plate into the right-field bleachers. 5-6 THRILLEDGE
7th: Tammarah gets to trot around the bases for his first HR this season. 6-6 tie
8th: With the bases loaded, Edmonson doubles down the 3rd base line to clear the bases. 6-9 TRILLEDGE

Interesting note: The top 4 teams in Group 1 have indentical records, and the highest ranked team in the group is only 1 game behind. The slate has basically been wiped clean (except for the 1-4 Schmiegelland, who are 2 games and 21 runs out of first) for the 2nd half of qualification. This 2nd half will be thrilling to watch.
☻/ This is Bob, copy & paste him in
/▌ your sig so Bob can take over the
/ \ world.
Quarterfinals: HWC 10
Round of 16: IBC 12, WBC 26 + 27

World Bowl Ranking: 44th, 4.52 points
World Cup Ranking: 58th, 14.8 points
World Baseball Classic Ranking: 18th, 1.66 points

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Fri May 24, 2013 7:07 am

The Empire Strikes Back against nearby foe, 8-3

The Serbian Empire team is now in second place with a 3-2 record after defeating The Warring States of the Mediterranean. The key highlight was a Vucevic grand slam in the top of the ninth inning which expanded the narrow 4-3 lead to 8-3. If one knows why this game is so important to the Serbian Empire, all one needs to see is that the Adriatic Sea which the Serbian Empire borders and the Mediterranean Sea are not far from each other and as a result, large numbers of Serbian Empire fans attended the game.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Level 12 Myrmidon, Level ⑨ Tsundere, Level ✿ Hold My Flower
Bad Idea Purveyor
8 Values: https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=56.1&d=70.2&g=86.5&s=91.9
Political Compass: Economic -10.00 Authoritarian: -9.13
TG for Facebook if you want to friend me
Marissa, Goddess of Stratospheric Reach
preferred pronouns: Female ones
Primarily lesbian, but pansexual in nature

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Fri May 24, 2013 8:40 am

Let's move to the second half! MD6 Cutoff is here.

Group 1
The Sova Empire 0 0 0 1 0 2 0 0 0 3
Michael VII 0 0 0 3 0 1 1 1 X 6

Kriegiersien 0 0 0 0 2 0 1 0 0 3
Schmiegelland 0 0 0 0 3 3 0 4 X 10

Yesopalitha 0 0 0 0 4 0 2 0 1 7
Thrilledge 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Group 1 Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 Michael VII 6 4 2 27 14 +13 12
2 Yesopalitha 6 3 3 22 13 +9 9
3 The Sova Empire 6 3 3 23 24 −1 9
4 Thrilledge 6 3 3 15 20 −5 9
5 Kriegiersien 6 3 3 17 29 −12 9
6 Schmiegelland 6 2 4 20 24 −4 6

Group 2
The Royal Kingdom of Quebec 4 0 1 6 0 0 0 0 0 11
Cyborg Holland 2 0 0 1 0 1 0 2 0 6

Ko-oren 0 1 1 4 1 0 2 0 1 10
Milchama 2 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 3 7

German-Spanish Empire 0 3 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 4
Sangti 2 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 4 7

Group 2 Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 Milchama 6 5 1 44 26 +18 15
2 Ko-oren 6 5 1 41 23 +18 15
3 Sangti 6 3 3 31 36 −5 9
4 The Royal Kingdom of Quebec 6 2 4 29 33 −4 6
5 Cyborg Holland 6 2 4 29 37 −8 6
6 German-Spanish Empire 6 1 5 21 40 −19 3

Group 3
Karditan 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 2 0 3
The Republic of Lanos 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2

Strawbee 2 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 4
Free Republics 0 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 2

Equestrian States 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1
Skeckoa 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Group 3 Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 Equestrian States 6 5 1 23 10 +13 15
2 Strawbee 6 5 1 36 25 +11 15
3 Karditan 6 4 2 25 13 +12 12
4 Free Republics 6 2 4 26 30 −4 6
5 The Republic of Lanos 6 1 5 16 24 −8 3
6 Skeckoa 6 1 5 11 35 −24 3

Group 4
Maklohi Vai 0 0 0 1 0 2 1 1 4 9
TWS of the Mediterranean 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1

The Serbian Empire 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1
Vaugania 0 0 1 0 0 2 0 1 X 4

Beldonia 0 3 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 5
Shadowbourne 0 0 1 2 0 0 0 0 0 3

Group 4 Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 Maklohi Vai 6 5 1 38 23 +15 15
2 Beldonia 6 4 2 26 26 0 12
3 The Serbian Empire 6 3 3 27 22 +5 9
4 Vaugania 6 3 3 29 31 −2 9
5 Shadowbourne 6 2 4 22 22 0 6
6 TWS of the Mediterranean 6 1 5 19 37 −18 3

Group 5
Backyard Sports 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 1 0 3
Sicoutimont 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 2

Free Swiss States 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1
Estope 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 X 2

New Bierstaat 4 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 6
Saugeais 4 1 0 0 1 0 1 0 X 7

Group 5 Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 Sicoutimont 6 5 1 42 21 +21 15
2 Saugeais 6 4 2 33 18 +15 12
3 New Bierstaat 6 3 3 25 27 −2 9
4 Backyard Sports 6 3 3 21 23 −2 9
5 Estope 6 2 4 12 30 −18 6
6 Free Swiss States 6 1 5 20 34 −14 3

Group 6
Kinzar 0 0 1 0 0 2 0 0 0 3
Bloodbath Generation 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 2

Mapletish 0 1 0 2 1 0 0 0 2 6
Darmen 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 7 X 7

The Fair Republic 0 3 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 4
Thatius 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 2

Group 6 Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 Kinzar 6 5 1 30 17 +13 15
2 Darmen 6 4 2 34 26 +8 12
3 Thatius 6 3 3 26 21 +5 9
4 Bloodbath Generation 6 3 3 28 31 −3 9
5 The Fair Republic 6 3 3 18 22 −4 9
6 Mapletish 6 0 6 17 36 −19 0

Group 7
The Priory of St Luc 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 1 3
Cowardly Pacifists 0 0 1 0 0 1 2 0 X 4

Western Cuba 0 0 2 0 0 1 0 0 0 3
Qazox 5 0 0 0 3 0 0 1 X 9

New Montreal States 1 0 0 0 2 2 0 0 1 6
The Jahistic Unified Republic 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 2

Group 7 Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 New Montreal States 6 5 1 37 20 +17 15
2 Western Cuba 6 4 2 42 35 +7 12
3 Cowardly Pacifists 6 4 2 33 32 +1 12
4 Qazox 6 3 3 33 26 +7 9
5 The Priory of St Luc 6 2 4 21 32 −11 6
6 The Jahistic Unified Republic 6 0 6 19 40 −21 0

Group 8
Ethington 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1
Byfugland 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 X 2

Free South Califas 1 2 0 0 0 0 1 0 2 1 7
Cassadaigua 0 3 0 1 0 2 0 0 0 0 6

Aardenland 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 2
Powersith 0 0 2 0 0 3 0 1 X 6

Group 8 Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 Free South Califas 6 4 2 36 22 +14 12
2 Byfugland 6 4 2 25 21 +4 12
3 Ethington 6 3 3 31 20 +11 9
4 Cassadaigua 6 3 3 20 23 −3 9
5 Powersith 6 3 3 18 26 −8 9
6 Aardenland 6 1 5 18 36 −18 3

Group 9
Soviet Party 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Sakurakoku 0 0 2 0 0 3 0 0 X 5

Carasatoga 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 2 0 4
Super-Llamaland 2 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 3 6

Allinlia 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1
Zwangzug 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 2

Group 9 Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 Zwangzug 6 4 2 32 19 +13 12
2 Super-Llamaland 6 4 2 31 34 −3 12
3 Allinlia 6 3 3 31 23 +8 9
4 Sakurakoku 6 3 3 29 27 +2 9
5 Carasatoga 6 2 4 21 28 −7 6
6 Soviet Party 6 2 4 11 24 −13 6

Group 10
Lycrabon 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1
Saintland 0 0 0 4 1 1 0 2 X 8

Scandigrad 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 2
Taeshan 0 2 0 0 0 1 2 0 X 5

Komodo Dragon 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1
Slembana 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 X 2

Group 10 Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 Saintland 6 4 2 27 13 +14 12
2 Taeshan 6 4 2 23 19 +4 12
3 Lycrabon 6 4 2 26 27 −1 12
4 Komodo Dragon 6 2 4 19 24 −5 6
5 Scandigrad 6 2 4 22 28 −6 6
6 Slembana 6 2 4 18 24 −6 6

Challenges: (In no way do these need to be followed. Their purpose is to provide inspiration for RP when it could not otherwise be found).

Historical Challenge: Reference a past World Baseball Classic that I pre-determine. Today, World Baseball Classic 24

Random Nation Challenge is being discontinued due to minimal interest shown.
Last edited by Cassadaigua on Fri May 24, 2013 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
NS Sports’ only World Cup, World Bowl, World Cup of Hockey, World Baseball Classic and International Basketball Championships winner!

(Motorsports, college basketball, and volleyball, too)

Specific Titles: World Cup 50, 51; WBC 14, 16, 19, 50 & 58; WB 8, 22, & 40; WCOH 11 & 39; IBC 13.
Also: CR 40 & 43; CoH 39; Swamp Soccer 4, RTC WC 18 & 19; WVE 6; NSCAA 3, 5 & 9; NSSCRA 7
Runner Up: CoH 40, CR 37, 38 & 41; WB 21, WcoH 8, IBC 12, WBC 13, 15, 47 & 48, DBC 21.
WC Qualified for: 45, 46, 49-61, 67, 79 (DNP WC 69-77), 81-90, 92.
XIII Summer Olympiad: 2nd Most Medals
Hosted: WC 54, 67, 84 & 88; CoH 57 & 73, BoF 47, CR 30, WB 16, WBC 18, 26, 40, 45 & 50, NSCAA, NSCH 1; WLC 7, 30 & 33.

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 17, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Qazox » Fri May 24, 2013 9:23 am

Qazox slams past Western Cuba, back to .500.

Western Cuba                    0 0 2 0 0 1 0 0 0  3
Qazox 5 0 0 0 3 0 0 1 X 9

Allie Durmitt's grand slam in the 1st sparked Qazox to a 5-0 lead on the way to a 9-3 win that evened the team's record at 3-3 with 4 games left and kept Qazox in the thick of the playoff race. Durmitt added a 2nd HR in the 8th to close out the scoring. Up next Qazox goes back on the road to face 4-2 Cowardly Pacifists.

CF- Justin Madroe 3-5, 2 Runs, triple, double
2B- J. C. Vulp 2-5, 1 RBI, 1 run
3B- Brianna Handel 1-4, BB, 1 Run
RF- Chad Cochran 1-4, IBB, 1 run
C- Allie Durmitt 3-5, 2 HR, 5 RBI, 3 Runs
SS- Zach Joswyn 1-4, 1 Run, HBP
1B- Joshua McCullen 2-5, 2 doubles, 3 RBI
LF- Leslie Fanueil 0-4, 2 K

SP- Harvey Mell- 7.1 IP, 3 runs, 3 ER, 11K, 2BB, 2 HR allowed, 7 hits (W 1-1) (1-3 batting)
Wikipage/Qazox National Football Team
Qualified for World Cups 31, 33, 35-50, 54-59, 61, 62. Runners-up: CoH 52
Baptism of Fire 44 (w/Mangolana); World Baseball Classics 1, 4, 5, 10, 13 and 23; World Cup of Hockey 7 and 14; World Bowls IV & IX; IBC X; Baptism of Iron III and VIII; NSCAA Tourney II, III (conferences/regionals), The OXEN Cup; the TOUR de QAZOX, Qazoxian Sports Festival and NS X-Games/Winter X-Games I.
World Cups of Hockey 4 & 6; World Baseball Classics 6, 8 and 9, World Bowls 3 and XXI; Draggonnii Inviyatii V, IBC XI
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

Saintland
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Saintland » Fri May 24, 2013 10:37 am

OOC: So, Western Cuba goes an entire WBC, losing just once to Qazox, while only posting their roster and RPing prior to the semis? I hope that turns out to be the last time a noncumulative bonus is ever used in a WBC.

Saintland destroys Lycrabon, 3-way tie for Group 10 lead with 4 to go

(SP) The Kingdom of Saintland just keeps on scoring runs. As well as the Sanctii hitters are playing, the Sanctii pitching have been in dominant form recently. After 6 games, the Sanctii are tied for the 2nd fewest runs allowed in the WBC, trailing only the Equestrian States. Because horses are much faster than humans, as you could have seen if you watched any of the Triple Crown, it is no surprise that the talking horses have the fewest runs allowed. They do have the most speed of any team in the WBC, so they probably wear a glove on their back to catch baseballs. But, the country that recent defeated our closest neighbor to win the Di Bradini Cup (U-21 soccer), has nothing to do with our World Baseball Classic team or our 8 to 1 victory over Lycrabon. "I'm satisfied with the performance of the National Team so far, but they are not yet qualified for the playoffs. Personally, I want them to finish as one of the top 8 teams and qualify directly for the 2nd round and I want them to go on and win this entire thing, just as Ioannes Bebius said they would in a Saintland Press editorial during the debacle that was their debut in this competition. The National Baseball Team needs to redeem themselves and they need to get to Cassadaigua because Cassadaigua is one of the nations where the Patriarch tells me that the True Church can find a large number of converts, due to that nation's brutal oppression of its male population. They may have beat my son Ioannes and his National Basketball Team at the buzzer to take game 1 in the IBC, but I am now confident that Petrus Tragus can get my Kingdom's National Baseball Team to Cassadaigua and lead them to a championship, for the greater glory of God. I think he's doing a good job as captain and he has a conditional vote of confidence from me." - King Paulus XV

Early on in this game, Paulus Famulus was bidding for a perfect game against a team that was foolish enough to voluntarily not use a designated hitter against the Sanctii. Through 5 innings, Famulus would be perfect. In the bottom of the 4th, the Sanctii finally got on the board with a big inning. Paul Bray was pitching well early on, conceding just 2 baserunners in the first 3 innings. Paulus Sittius led off the 3rd inning with a ground ball that just got past Sean McCormick for a single. Lucius Maccius worked the count to 3-2, fouled off a half-dozen pitches and finally struck out. Matthaeus Bebius hit a ball to the gap in right-center field. It would have been an RBI triple, but Paulus Sittius was just too slow. Bebius had to settle for a double. Runners were on 2nd and 3rd. "Iron" Lucas Maianius drew a walk off of a full count. The bases were loaded. Petrus Iulus took the first pitch for a ball. On a 1-0 count, Paul Bray threw a fastball and Iulus hit it to left field. The ball just landed over the wall for a grand slam. Once again, Petrus Tragus's decision to move in the fences at Royal Park had paid off for the Sanctii. They led 4 to nothing after 4.

In the bottom of the 5th, Petrus Tragus doubled to lead off the inning. Ioannes Sentius hit a line drive, which was caught by Nick Mayo. The Sanctii captain advanced to 3rd base. Paulus Sittius was up next. He hit a ball through the gap on the right side of the infield and trotted to first base while Tragus came in to score. Lucius Maccius was up next. He fell behind 0-2 and still decided to swing for the fences on 0-2. He hit a curveball extremely hard and at first, it looked like it was gone. However, Jeremy Kramer, Lycrabon's 41-year-old center fielder, kept going back and the ball eventually dropped on the warning track, right into Kramer's glove. Sittius advanced to 2nd. Matthaeus Bebius would hit a ball hard and right back at Paul Bray for the 3rd out. The Kingdom of Saintland led 5 to nothing.

In the top of the 6th, the perfect game for Paulus Famulus finally became imperfect. After striking out Paul Bray to start the inning, Gene Welch came up to the plate for Lycrabon. Famulus made a mistake and that mistake ended up in the right field bleachers. Lycrabon was on the board, but they still trailed 5 to 1 and would not seriously threaten again in this game.

It didn't take the Sanctii long to answer Lycrabon's home run and make it clear that they weren't going to let their opposition come back. After Maianius struck out to start the bottom of the 6th, Petrus Iulus hit a ball to right field. It barely landed fair and bounced into foul territory, which is still extremely spacious in Royal Park. The ball rolled all the way to the wall while Nick Mayo chased after it Iulus was in for a triple as Mayo threw the ball back to the infield to prevent an inside the park home run. That effort soon proved moot, as Marcus Vagnius hit a rocket to deep center field. Although it landed at the warning track, Iulus tagged up and easily scored to put the Kingdom of Saintland up 6 to 1.

While Famulus returned to baffling Lycrabon hitters, the Sanctii piled on 2 more insurance runs in the bottom of the 8th inning. Matthaeus Bebius led off the 8th with a single. Stephanus Neratius was the next to come up to the plate, having replaced Maianius as a defensive substitution in the top of the 7th. He drew a walk. Petrus Iulus was up next and he got his 3rd hit of the day, hitting the ball into deep center field, where it fell in front on Jeremy Kramer. Kramer tossed it in, but both runners scored and Iulus was in for a double. He would finish the day a single shy of the cycle, with 3 hits, 2 runs scored and 6 RBIs. The Sanctii led 8 to 1. After Famulus finished off 3 more hitters, the Kingdom of Saintland would win by the score of 8 to 1.

Paulus Famulus had thrown a complete game. He allowed just 3 hits and 2 walks on the day and has now allowed just 7 baserunners and 3 earned runs in 2 complete games in this World Baseball Classic. Famulus struck out 11 Lycrabon hitters. However, that was not the best performance on the team today. Petrus Iulus contributed to 7 of the 8 Sanctii runs, either scoring the run, driving it in, or both. While the Sanctii pitching struggled at times during the last World Baseball Classic, the story of WBC 26 so far has been the dominance of the 3 power pitchers for the Kingdom. The Kingdom of Saintland's pitching staff piles up plenty of strikeouts, but they also have no weak link defensively, which makes it hard to score runs on the Sanctii. The use of the designated hitter and the shortening of the Royal Park fences have paid off big time, so far, and have contributed to a much more successful sophomore WBC campaign for our Kingdom. Regardless of what happens in the next 4 games, the Kingdom of Saintland will have won at least twice as many games as we did last time and that is a great accomplishment.

Elsewhere today, Taeshan beat Scandigrad 5 to 2 and Slembana defeated Komodo Dragon 2 to 1. This means that there is a 3-way tie for the group lead at 4-2 and the rest of the group is tied for last place at 2-4. The Kingdom of Saintland has a run differential of +14. Taeshan is +4 and Lycrabon is -1. Those are the 3 group leaders. Komodo Dragon is -5 and the other 2 teams in Group 10 are at -6. The Sanctii lead the group in runs scored and fewest runs allowed. Tomorrow, the critical game will see the Sanctii host Taeshan at Royal Park. A victory puts our Kingdom in strong position to win the group. In Taeshan, the Sanctii fell behind 3-2 after 4 innings, tied the game in the 6th and took the lead in the 7th, scoring an insurance run in the top of the 9th to win 5 to 3. A second victory over Taeshan will give the Kingdom of Saintland a 3-1 record in head-to-head against Lycrabon and Taeshan, which would guarantee them the tiebreaker in the event of a 3-way tie for first. If the Kingdom of Saintland were to beat Taeshan tomorrow and finish tied with Taeshan, they would hold the tiebreaker due to a head-to-head sweep. The Sanctii hold a 15 run advantage in run differential over Lycrabon, so as long as that holds up, they would also hold that tiebreaker. While the Kingdom of Saintland can still qualify for the playoffs with a loss to Taeshan tomorrow, a victory will virtually assure that they will hold the tiebreaker in any potential scenario and all but guarantee that the Sanctii will make the playoffs, barring a massive late collapse. That is why Royal Park needs to be filled to capacity tomorrow, even if the game is also being broadcast live on Royal Two. Tomorrow, the Sanctii can make a statement that their first victory over Taeshan was not a fluke. Let's hope they do exactly that, for the greater glory of God.

Following the game, the Saintland National Baseball Team was talking in their locker room.

Petrus Tragus - That was exactly the game we needed to play. Famulus, Iulus, the 2 of you had great games today. You are the reason we beat Lycrabon. The rest of us played our part, but in this game the pitcher needs to shut down the opponent and somebody needs to make an impact offensively. Its important to step up and make that happen. Tomorrow, we face Taeshan. Although it was impressive to beat the #12 team in the world, tomorrow we are facing the #7 team in the world and we have a chance to beat them for the second time in this WBC. This is just unbelievable. Last time around, we had a group that supposedly had the #11, #25, #27 and #83 teams in the world, if you believe the rankings. There were 2 unranked teams in the group. We went 2-8. This time around, we are making a run in a group with the #7, #12, #37 and #41 teams in the world. This was supposed to be a more difficult group than what we faced last time and maybe it is, but fortunately we are right with God this time around and He is blessing us with a strong performance on the diamond. We can beat Taeshan. We can go 8-2 in this group and, if we do, we will be one of the top 8 teams and get a bye to the second round of the playoffs.

Lucius Maccius - I've noticed the atmosphere around this team is like night and day compared to a few months ago. Maybe it also helps that we are in midseason form, but shouldn't our opponents also be in midseason form right now?

Josephus Oppius - Of course, they're in midseason form. We're playing better because we have a better captain.

Lucas Cnisius - Josephus, I don't think we need to insult our former captain.

Josephus Oppius - No, we don't. I pray every night for him to repent and return to the righteous path.

Petrus Tragus - Remember, Arminus picked most of us for this team. I know he was a horrible captain, but when Satanas gets ahold of you, you lose all self-control. He's getting the help he needs right now.

Ioannes Bebius - When I wrote that editorial about how we would win this World Baseball Classic, I wasn't really sure we could accomplish that, but when you have faith, anything is possible.

Thomas Ennius - How many of you remember Western Cuba, who lost just once in World Baseball Classic 24 and were overwhelming favorites last time, going into the WBC?

Petrus Tragus - What about them?

Thomas Ennius - I heard there's a rumor going around that their success at WBC 24 was due to the use of steroids. Apparently, Lycrabon didn't bother testing players for PEDs when they hosted the WBC.

Petrus Tragus - Is that true?

Thomas Ennius - I don't know.

Petrus Tragus - If it is, that is a disgrace and their championship should be vacated. Using steroids is cheating and cheating is a very serious sin. God has his ways of making sure cheaters get what is coming to them eventually.

Marcus Tragus - Amen, brother.

The Saintland National Baseball Team spent several hours just chatting like this about the WBC, its past, their opponents, the importance of faith and life in general. Team chemistry was very strong, following their recent victories and they were optimistic that they would beat Taeshan again...
Why I left NS Sports
NS Sports Results | Saintland Press | Commentaries on the WA's resolutions 7-22-14 update: Complete through #125 |
World Baseball Classic 27 co-host | World Bowl XXII host | World Cup of Hockey 23 host | Various Rankings | King Paulus XV Memorial Games
Official Name: Regnvm Sanctvsterra
Official Name in English: Kingdom of Saintland
Monarch: King Paulus XVI
Demonym: Sanctii
Trigram: SNT

Lycrabon
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Lycrabon » Fri May 24, 2013 10:43 am

Jays fall into three way tie, lose to Saintland 8-1

LOCATION - Even Brianna expected this.

Following Lycrabon's epic 8-7, 18-inning win over Slembana, the Blue Jays feel flat, getting stomped 8-1 to Saintland. Lycrabon fell into a tie for first with Taeshan and one other for the top spot in group ten at 4-2. "After the marathon, we just had nothing today." commented Miss Bruce. "We're disappointed, but even I can't say it wasn't expected."

In other news, the LBA (Lycrabon Baseball Association) vehemently denied accusations from the Saintland players regarding PED testing. "The Lycrabon National Baseball League routinely tests their players, and is the testing authority in charge for the two Classics Lycrabon has hosted. We did not have a single player from the WC squad test positive during the 24th edition. To insinuate otherwise is ludicrous," from an official who requested to remain anonymous due to lack of authority to speak on the situation.

OOC: I wish I had been able to RP that 18-inning affair. THAT would have been good.
Last edited by Lycrabon on Fri May 24, 2013 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Embassy information NS Wiki: NS Wiki page (work in progress) Factbook (Work in progress)
Formerly Republic of Barnettsville (IC liberated and disbanded via war)
As Lycrabon:
World Baseball Classic XX Champion
Saugeais Baseball Tournament I: 3rd Place
WBC 18-19 Quarterfinals

Under former regime:
WB VII-X; BOI quarterfinals; IV Summer Olympics; WC 49/BoF 36
WBC 12 quarterfinals

Hosting:
WBC 17 and 24, NSCF 2 Woodlands Conference

Aardenland
Envoy

Founded: Dec 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aardenland » Fri May 24, 2013 11:22 am

SITH STRIKE AGAIN

Aardenland now 1-5 After Loss to Powersith

The National Team continues to struggle as they drop their second game against Powersith 6-2. Starter Silas van Hoven gave up five runs in six innings, two in the third and three in the sixth. "I hate slumps," said van Hoven after the game. "It seems like there's nothing you or anyone else can do but wait for the scales to tip." Aardenland's scales better start tipping soon if they wish to have a shot at the playoffs. In all realism, they're out. Mathematically, if they win the rest of their games by wide margins, and the entire rest of the group finishes with split records or if only one team finishes with a winning record, then Aardenland could make the playoffs. Here's hoping, but with a healthy amount of skepticism.

Seventh Inning:

Aardenland: Odessa Kroon hit a solo home run to deep center field. Powersith leads 5-1

Ninth Inning:

Aardenland: Desmond de Waal walked. Kroon singled to center, moving de Waal to second. Ricky Bruijn hit a sacrifice bunt to first, moving de Waal to third and Kroon to second. Crijn Legierse grounded to first, scoring de Waal and moving Kroon to second. Powersith leads, 6-2

POWERSITH WINS, 6-2

OOC: I can't believe this. RP bonus my fanny.
Last edited by Aardenland on Fri May 24, 2013 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ko-oren
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ko-oren » Fri May 24, 2013 1:34 pm

It's Us Against The World

Milchama, our direct opponents for this match, did not want us to win. Sangti, who have been already speculating about overtaking us because we could 'Expect that to a win by the World Number 1', and then beat us in our direct match during the next match day, did not want us to win. We can be pretty sure the rest of the group also did not want us to win (as we are in the lowest spot that still qualifies for the WBC. Okay, the best four third placers also qualify). But alas, lo and behold, would you look at that, when the dust finally settled, it was not the Warriors that emerged as victors. Instead it was the Greenblues! The Warriors did make sure they lost by only three runs, because a four run or more difference would push them to second place. The Ko-orenites were not powerful enough to make that happen. But that is just an extremely small detail. Ko-oren beats the World's Number One (with capitals), and joins them in the sweet world of 5-1.

Overall WBC 26 record:
Ko-oren               2 3 3 6 4 5 7 3 8  | 41
Others 5 0 4 1 0 1 3 3 6 | 23

After 6 out of 10 games, Ko-oren still did not concede a run in the second or fifth inning. Until the Milchama game, Ko-oren also never conceded a run in the fourth inning either. Slowly but surely the image of this team conceding a lot more near the end of the game returns. But until that happens, anyone will see the high numbers for the first and third inning: 5 and 4 conceded there. At the same time, the team is almost unbeatable in the middle of the game: innings 4, 5 and 6 have a combined record of 15-2. Yesterday was not much different (5-1 in innings 4, 5 and 6). Actually, this part of the game was the part that was the difference between a small loss against the Warriors and a solid victory. It was 2-2 after the third, which made most Greenblue fans happy already. Not losing this kind of game is good enough already. Then the fourth inning started, and it went fantastic from beginning to end. After this inning, it was 6-3 and that's over half of the final score already. Instead of the usual suspects, it was Ashikaga who started the fourth inning well. A bat in and a run to second base, and pitcher Yoritomo stepped up to the plate. He batted in after 2 wides and 1 strike, advancing Ashikaga to third and himself to first base. Two outs later (a strikeout from Minamoto and a fly out for Godaigo), and Fujiwara had to restore some hope for the team. He immediately struck a home-run, and Jinmu must have felt inspired, as directly after the home-run, he batted himself to third base. Shotoku got Jinmu to home base before being tagged out, and suddenly it was 6-2! All the way at the end of the game, Milchama tried to get back into the game, but they were too late. They still made it to 3 runs in the ninth, which at least prevented them from falling to second place in the group.

As for Sangti, the third placed team of this group: they had a lot of bad luck in their previous game. A loss just before the crucial Ko-oren v. Milchama game (which was important for them to know if they could still overtake Ko-oren) was everything they absolutely did not need at all. Another bit of bad luck later (Milchama losing, that is), and Sangti are 2 wins behind just before the direct Sangti v. Ko-oren game. While they could get equal to the Greenblues in this game, all they can now hope for is to reduce the difference to 3 points. Still, with their current unranked status, finishing third is a massive accomplishment! All the luck to them for next game, and may the best win!

Ko-oren's Colonies #6 - Irithoren

In the second-to-last episode of the colonies in Greater Ko-oren, it is now time for Irithoren! The colony, consisting of about 10 islands just south of Ko-oren, is known for its rocks. Actually, it is almost all rock, with hardly any fertile soil, or any proper soil at all. They are known for their typical housing which is partially chiseled in a mountainside. Because of the poor agriculture and because it is hard to settle there, the population does not grow a lot and is more or less stuck under a million. The population mainly lives off of the mining sector, and most of Ko-oren's gemstones are from here. The economy is quite big for such a small population, and it does not just rely on mining, but also on the more profitable fishing sector.

The government is small, and is mainly in charge of safety policies around mining and fishing. Still, the colony's HDI is decent and a portion of the people working in the mines are from other parts of the world. Communities are small and a bit exclusive, which means that these workers often live by themselves in separate villages. This does create some tension, but because of the overall small size of Irithoren, it does not get out of hand. There is no overt discrimination, and everyone enjoys the same rights and duties.

The sports that are popular here, are almost all sports that are played indoors. Handball, basketball, futsal and volleyball are commonly played here.
WCC and WCOH President and NS Sports' only WC, WBC, WB, WCOH, IBC, RUWC, Test Cricket, ODI, and T20 loser!

Trigramme: KOR - Demonym: Ko-orenite - Population: 27.270.096
Map - Regions - Spreadsheets - Domestic Sports Newswires - Factbooks
Champions 1x World Cup - 1x CoH - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 4x World Bowl - 1x IBC - 4x RUWC - 3x RLWC - 2x T20 WC - 1x AODICC - 2x ARWC - 1x FHWC - 1x HWC - 1x Beach Cup
Runners-up 1x World Cup - 3x CAFA - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 3x World Bowl - 1x WCoH - 4x IBC - 2x RUWC - 1x GCF Test Cricket - 1x ODI WT - 2x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x WLC - 1x FHWC
Organisation & Hosting 2x WCC President - 1x WCOH President / 1x BoF - 1x CAFA - 1x World Bowl - 1x WCOH - 2x RUWC - 1x ODI WT - 1x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x ARWC - 1x FHWC - (defunct) IRLCC, BCCC, Champions Bowl

Super-Llamaland
Senator

Founded: Jan 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Super-Llamaland » Fri May 24, 2013 2:37 pm

Carasatoga 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 2 0 4

Zwangzug snuck by Allinlia and Sakurakoku beat Soviet Party. The Llamas beat Carasatoga with a three-run rally in the ninth to win 6-4.

LEO DAVIS: 7 1/3 IP, 3 ER, 2 H, 12 K/6 BB, 112 P
Leo Davis was on tonight with just two hits allowed and twelve K's (nine swinging). TWELVE! Sure, he walked six, but TWELVE! The Llamas pulled into a first-place tie with Zwangzug, so that's good too.
Davis gave up single runs in the fifth, seventh, and eighth innings. His command of the cutter was off but the cutter still had its characteristic bite for seven K's in the first four before quieting down K-wise.

TWO-RUN FIRST INNING: 2-0 LLAMAS
The world was in shock when Alex Cameron suddenly stopped hitting with an 0-for-5 day. But after Max Danks singled, Cameron blasted a two-run shot into the upper deck in left center. Cameron: "I got one [a hanging slider, outside but up] and I just got a good swing on it."

ONE-RUN THIRD: 3-0 LLAMAS!
The Llamas tacked on a clutch insurance run with two down and the top of the order up. Shortstop Drew Robertson, the hot bat filling in for the day-to-day Darren Bradley [news alert: Bradley will be back for the next game v. Sakurakoku] slammed a double into the right field corner. Danks walked and Cameron singled in a run before Danny Mills [now 0-for-2 today] whiffed to end it.

TWO CARASATOGA RUNS: 3-2 LLAMAS!
Carasatoga started to get close but there weren't any worries...for then.

THE EIGHTH: 4-3...Carasatoga?
A solo shot for the Carasatoga team made it 3-3 with an out before Davis was removed. Aaron Raymond came in and hung not one, or two, or three, or four, but six straight sliders in a row. The results?
Inside Fastball (1-0)
Down-and-in Curveball (2-0)
Inside and up HANGING SLIDER ONE (2-1 with a foul back)
Outside Fastball (Controversial 2-2)
Outside HANGING SLIDER TWO (Barely outside, 3-2)
Up HANGING SLIDER THREE (Triple)
Down-Broadway Fastball (0-1)
Down-Broadway Fastball (0-2)
Down-Broadway HANGING SLIDER FOUR (Foul back, 0-2)
Wildly Up-and-out Fastball (1-2, Runner scores, 4-3)
Down-Broadway HANGING SLIDER FIVE (Hard Single)
Way inside curveball (1-0)
Bouncing-in-the-dirt curveball (2-0)
Outside Corner HANGING SLIDER SIX (Really hard single, runners on first and second)
Way inside fastball (HBP, bases loaded)
Just fifteen pitches later, the team was down 4-3 with the bases loaded and just one out. Thanks a lot, Aaron.
The pitcher decided to go with lefty Darren Mueller. Mueller was ON today with both two seamer and eephus. He used a pair of eephuses to induce a pop out. Then, he was dominant.

Low-and-in fastball (0-1)
Low-and-in eephus (0-2)
Low-and-in fastball (0-2, weak foul)
Down-middle fastball (0-2, weak foul)
Up-and-in eephus (1-2)
Low-and-in fastball (1-2, weak foul)
Away-middle fastball (1-2, weak foul)
Up fastball (1-2, Foul back)
Down-and-in eephus (Strike three)
Four weak fouls, three swinging strikes, one foul back, one ball. Not bad. But Mueller found something wrong: "I couldn't make the pitch until the down and in eephus for strike three. They were good pitches, but not good enough to strike 'em out."

But despite Mueller's good pitching, the Llamas were down 4-3..against a good closer..ick.
It was looking VERY ick when this started.

TYLER THOMAS: Fastball swinging strike, curveball called strike two, curveball swinging strike three.
KEITH DAWSON: Four straight curves: called strike, ball, swinging strike, ball. Then a fastball, swinging strike three, to finish Dawson off. 4-3, two out, nobody on, 0-2 to Drew Robertson after two weak swings at fastballs.

Then Robertson singled it up the middle. Danks pushed it to 3-2 before singling to shallow left field. Then this happened: a duel between pitcher and hitter, both elite.

Swinging strike, Called Strike, Ball, Ball, Foul, Foul, Ball, HOME RUN!

Walk Off homer Alex Cameron! 6-4 WIN!
Last edited by Super-Llamaland on Fri May 24, 2013 3:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Eighth Llamanean Republic
Capital: New Llama City, Population: ~56,000,000
5x World Baseball Classic champion (28, 30, 31, 40, 42)
Yue Zhou • Savigliane

Zwangzug
Issues Editor

Founded: Oct 19, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Zwangzug » Fri May 24, 2013 6:51 pm

from the continuing diaries of Gareth Amatchi

It's funny, how little there's been to say. When I started this journal during WBC24, we just wanted to get back into the playoffs--and here we are, all finalists. We, the pitchers, know each other pretty well by now--although I'm not sure what will happen when we retire. Probably pretty soon. That said, with the different champions and playoff teams coming in and out, maybe it'll be time for a change. Or maybe Hiroto could stick around?

We gave Danny such a hard time last night, though, we were really disappointed

If we hadn't pulled it off today, it's not like we'd have been any more down I don't think Irving can get a little worked-up, but he's not so bad. I mean, Danny doesn't, but he didn't even play

The tying run was a little scrappy, Skriand drawing the walk and then Duha pushing him in a couple outs later. Then the walk-off left no question--honestly I thought Marc's hit left the yard. It didn't, but it was enough to push in Sonia, so what the heck--although he must have thought so too. He was running hard, but then, he sort of saw that it was still in play and was awkwardly between second and third when Sonia came in. So he had to do this little creep back to the bag, you know, to make sure they couldn't tag him out or something--I don't even know. The game had ended, right, so it was fine. But funny.

Sometimes I'll look at anybody, I don't know, Aminda now she's gotten over her cold and wonder, in what other careers would she just be hitting her stride

Carasatoga up next. Shouldn't be too bad Boipelo is ready to go. And then I guess Bradley and Cholpon are on tap to start for the home crowd and their now-infamous snacks? I missed some news here

I'm not going to say it stings to get demoted to the bottom of the rotation, the way the Bears have been I deserve at least that much if not being cut but I am taking it personally. In the sense of, doubting why all these managers would actually trust us to open the playoffs if we make them Is it just absurd tradition?
Factbook
IRC humor, (self-referential)
My issues
...using the lens of athletics to illustrate national culture, provide humor, interweave international affairs, and even incorporate mathematical theory...
WARNING: by construing meaning from this sequence of symbols, you have given implicit consent to the theory that words have noncircular semantic value and can be used to encode information about an external universe. Proceed with caution.

Super-Llamaland
Senator

Founded: Jan 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Group Nine Look-in: Six In

Postby Super-Llamaland » Fri May 24, 2013 7:13 pm

Zwangzug and Super-Llamaland are tied for first. One game back, Allinlia and Sakurakoku are in a duel for third. One game behind that, Carasatoga and Soviet Party scramble for fifth.

The run-differential rankings?
1. Zwangzug
2. Allinlia
3. Sakurakoku
4. Super-Llamaland
5. Carasatoga
6. Soviet Party

Our experts predictions clashed with real life.

DARRYL MOORE: Zwangzug, Allinlia, Super-LLamaland, Sakurakoku, Soviet Party, Carasatoga
MIKE BENNETT: Super-Llamaland, Zwangzug, Allinlia, Soviet Party, Sakurakoku, Carasatoga
TOM CHRISTENSEN: Zwangzug, Sakurakoku, Allinlia, Super-Llamaland, Carasatoga, Soviet Party

Zwangzug, Allinlia, Sakurakoku, and our Llamas are the top threats. The Llamas have all three left, Zwangzug and Allinlia have two left. Sakurakoku has three left.

Our revised predictions?
Zwangzug, Allinlia, Llamas, Sakurakoku, Carasatoga, Soviet Party.
The Eighth Llamanean Republic
Capital: New Llama City, Population: ~56,000,000
5x World Baseball Classic champion (28, 30, 31, 40, 42)
Yue Zhou • Savigliane

Karditan
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Karditan » Fri May 24, 2013 9:20 pm

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Olivia Barton grabbed a bat and jogged out of the dugout. The sun was still high in the clear blue sky, the metal bars of the mound’s L-screen giving off a nasty glare. ‘Helps you prepare for having the sun in your eyes,’ the manager always liked to say. He thought wearing sunglasses while batting was a bad idea, and though she disagreed, it’s not enough of an issue to fight over. Except when she actually has to bat in the sun. Then that issue suddenly seems much more important. She actually had to squint to make out the third base coach on the mound as she stepped up to the left side of the plate.

Jebedia Smith, said third base coach, was surprised to see Olivia out so early. He glanced down at his watch to confirm his suspicions—yup, it’s only 1, batting practice should start at half past—and called out to her, “BP already? Ain’t it a bit early?”

“I’ve got a meeting at 2,” she called back, “so I have to get this over with.”

He reached for his bucket o’ balls and stuffed a few in his pockets. “A meetin', ya say? Wit' who?”

“Ah, some scout.” She tapped the end of her bat on the plate, then brought it up above her shoulder. “Probably that guy from the Crows again. I've told him time and time again I don't want to play for the only KBL team to be thrown out of the league, but he keeps trying. Let's just get to the batting.”

“Sure thing.” Jebedia lifted his left leg high into the air, then let gravity bring it back down. The momentum from the fall started to bring his hips forward, which dragged along his torso, and eventually turned his right arm into a makeshift slingshot. His elbow surgery had not gone as planned, all those years ago, so he can't rely on arm strength alone to get the ball all the way to the plate. But the momentum-driven delivery happened to be perfect for batting practice: there is just enough juice on the ball that the hitter can't take their time swinging, but not so much that the they feel rushed. Olivia had spent the better part of a decade practicing with Jeb, so her smooth stride towards the mound was accompanied by the satisfying crack of bat-on-ball. Jebedia instinctively hit the dirt, even though the mesh of the L-screen was between them; an old habit he developed after the surgery that he could never seem to shake. The ball slammed into the tall right-field wall of Beuton Ballpark, ricocheting with almost enough force to re-enter the infield, as he pulled himself up and dusted his shirt off. It was always an adventure pitching to Olivia.
Last edited by Karditan on Sat May 25, 2013 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Champions: -n/a-
Runner-up: BoF 46; WBXX
Qualified for WC63
Hosted: WBXX; WBXL
<Audio> I'm singling out Karditan for reasons that should be fucking obvious after the past twelve months
<Karditan> Sssshh, some people haven't caught onto our man love, Audio.
<Audio> I'm drunk, I'll express my manlove for whomever I damned well please
<Karditan> And now, for a stirring rendition of the Equestrian States national anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmVWvOC_2HU
<Audio> why did I even click on that?
<Nephara> why did I expect that to be
<Audio> what was I expecting?
<Nephara> anything other than it was
Nephara clears internet history

Milchama
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 29, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Milchama » Fri May 24, 2013 10:15 pm

"Well that was expected"

"Yeah"

"Of course we would lose to Ko-oren"

"Well they are the only team in the group who can beat us"

"Yes but there is a larger problem?"

"What is that?"

"The run differential, we're tied for first with them there also"

"Oh that's bad"

"Yeah"

"At least we scored 3 in the 9th to make it close"

"Really though, that was clutch"

"It would have been more clutch if Artik had not struck out"

"With the bases loaded and everything"

"Too much wanting to hit home runs and not enough going for singles"

"But really, a single there and it's all us"

"Definitely"

"Then we blow it"

"Yep"

"Well at least it's to Ko-oren"

"Yep"

"So from now on it's all the easy teams"

"Yep"

"And?"

"Well we're finish first or second based on RD, I'd guess second. Either way both first and second gets to the playoffs and that's what it's all about"

"Right"

"So it's just win"

"And win by a lot of runs"

"We can do that"

"Definitely"

"Let's win one for the gipper!"

"Or really just because we're the better team"

"Whatever"

"Yep"

"Come on You Warriors!"

"Let's Go Milchama!"
Milchama Sports achievements:
World Baseball Classic 23 Champion!
Note: The demonym is Milchamian. There are two of the letter "I(i)" and not one.

3x CoH winner (29, 46, 50) 3x WBC winner (4,5,23), 1x World Cup host (32) Various other minor trophies there's a football club trophy, a kleptochase trophy, Other minor international football trophies.

Sangti
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sangti » Fri May 24, 2013 10:59 pm

SANGTI SPORTS DIARIES

Sangti Deportes Diarios documented these scenes from the Estadio Beisbol de Sangti, home of the Sangti Indios. The football team Agilang Dilaw are in attendance after knowing that GSE will be the opponents for WBC 26. The game started 3 innings late of the clash of the group leaders, Milchama and Ko-oren.

(1st inning)
"Hey Chris, can you get my AyPad? I want to see the situation in Milchama."

(hands the AyPad) "Is this the one that broke the camera in the documentary of the DS Group (Deportes Camaras Ocultas)?"

"Yeah. I can't believe that this is very durable. (sees AyPad) Oh the game is tied at Milchama and... WHAT? Ko-oren took the lead? How come? We hoped a Milchama win! Oh well I'll just focus in this game"

"Sir, Ben (Dimacuha) got a 2 run homer. We're leading!"

"That's the spirit! Go Indios!"

The crowd goes wild after Dimacuha's 2-run homer that gave Sangti the lead at the end of the first inning.

"Chris, what's the score in the Milchama game?"

"I thought that you would'nt want to see it to keep focused on the game here. Anyway Ko-oren 6-3 at end 4th."

"OK."

(Top 2nd)

And... GSE got the lead! a 3-run homer!

"That's not the action we hoped for."

"Yeah. Those boys are demoralized."

"Come on you Indios!"

"I'll go out of the dugout and talk to Vhan (Mumar)"

(Indios call time and Monico approaches Vhan)

"Vhan, what was that? You conceded a home run, again? Man, there are five people in the bullpen and they want to stand there at the mound. Don't let call a timeout again and relieve you of your pitching duties."

"Yes."

(Monico goes back to dugout)

"Sir, Ko-oren extended their lead, it's now 7-3."

"It's hopeless, we will not win this, and we might say goodbye to playoff action."

(Fast forward to fifth inning)

"It's now 4-2. We are starting to lose hope. Gregor, to the mound! Relieve Vhan."

"Yes sir."

"This is disappointing."

"Beats me."

"It's bottom 5th now."

"I know."

(Levin scores a run, 3-4.)

"We're back in a shout. What's the status in Milchama?"

"Mid 9th. Ko-oren 10-4."

"Well we have to win those games. We have to be runners-up with a good record to advance."

"Right, er... what did you say? The top 2 will advance too. The best 4 third placers will ALSO advance."

"So we're settling for 3rd. But we have to rack up those wins."

"Right."

(FF to Bottom 9th, bases loaded, 3-2, 2 outs.)

"Mon do you remember? how Belshaw and Pevenessy won the game against Qazox in WBC 25? it was a grand slam walkoff by C#2 for them."

"Yeah, hope we can do that."

"'Here's Romie at the plate and bases are loaded. What he can do?' says commentator. I think we have a chance, either put it to extra innings or win the game."

"He keeps hitting foul shots! that will took energy out of the kid."

"'And... HE HITS IT RIGHT CENTER! its... its... A GRAND SLAM WALK-OFF HOME RUN!!! WIN BY SANGTI INDIOS!' is what I hear! WE WON MONICO!"

"YES! We will keep behind Ko-oren, and we better prepare. They're on fire on a five game winning streak. Lets get to the field to meet Romie."

German-Spanish Empire 4-7 Sangti
Group 2, World Baseball Classic
Estadio Beisbol de Sangti, Ciudad Sangti, Sangti
Last edited by Sangti on Fri May 24, 2013 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Region: Esportiva | Sportswire | Trigramme: TRB | Leader: TBA | Libertad Sportswear
Founder, Trofeo de Paz | Co-organizer, IUBC, International Domestic Basketball competition (with Buyan)
Winners, World Baseball Classic 29, NSCAA 6, Federation Club Cup I, Rugby Union World Cup 23 | Qualified for World Cup 68, 69 and 71
<+Audio> "Tuna has been extortionate since around 2007, stop complaining, jizzballs"

Maklohi Vai
Minister

Founded: Jan 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Maklohi Vai » Sat May 25, 2013 1:00 am

OOC: I'm not going to do the Margaret storyline tonight, and I probably won't pick it back up until Darmen does some sort of response. So instead, here's a one time only RP story that, to be honest, was mostly not originally written for this purpose.

A Reflection on Schooling, by Iao Laina

I was sitting with my friends at the table in the back right. My homework was done and I was just in the library to hang out, laugh, and enjoy this Friday. I got up for a second to get something from my backpack when Wakulo came over. He was in my math class, although I was unsure why. He may have been a smart student, but he certainly didn’t apply himself.
“Hey Iao, did you do the packet?”
I knew it immediately. Most of the time, conversation openers like these end up with some sort of uncomfortable request. This conversation would be epic in that sense.
“Yeah, I did.”
Always best to stay neutral if you can. This packet was 80 questions in preparation for the STAR test. They were all multiple choice, and even though some of them required work to be done out, all we were required to turn in was a Scantron sheet.
“Hey, could I see it?”
In academic-speak between students, “to see” means “to copy” unless explicitly stated otherwise. Especially with a simple multiple choice assignment like this, copying would be a quick and nearly undetectable process, something Wakulo obviously knew coming in.
“No, man. You had two weeks to do it.”
I try to get done with things quickly. Being in these situations makes me uncomfortable, so anything that might lead to the conversation’s end is good. Guilt is a good way typically, but some people don’t understand the concept of planning. Two weeks just means fourteen days in which you could be playing Call of Duty.
I just wanted to get back to my friends and their conversation, which had been carried on without me. I could see laughter, and even someone falling out of their chair. Wakulo turned me back.
“I was sick. I couldn’t.”
It was true, he was sick, and got sick a lot. I don’t really see that as an excuse, though. I did this packet in two nights, probably about 50 minutes total. Sickness is always the defense that’s easy to put up and hard to take down unless you know better. I knew better.
“Come on, man. You want to cheat off me?”
This is my second way of dealing with cheaters: confrontation. Be straight up about it, and they’ll go away sometimes. Maybe the realization of what they’re doing hits them, or maybe they just get tired. I don’t like being aggressive, but when it comes to homework I’m willing to step it up a notch.
“Dude, come on.”
Pleading, the constant presence. Present in nearly any cheating deal, whether or not it’s successful. There’s no reason I should let it get to me.
“No, and stop asking please.”
I’ll say please once. Once only, they don’t deserve much more than that. Why should I grace you with a “please” when you can’t even get yourself together to do an easy assignment, and then go up to someone else 10 minutes before it’s due and expect to get away with it?
“Come on, dude. I’ll pay you, look, I’ve got a dollar here.”
Really? Trying to buy my answers? That’s just so low I almost couldn’t even comprehend it. Who has so little self worth that they allow themselves to be dragged down into this? Paying for it? Really?
Now, at this point, I was hoping he was joking. It was not an uncommon experience to see a fake bribe be tossed out as a last chance effort for something the potential briber knew wasn’t going to happen. I hoped Wakulo had understood that he wasn’t going to win this one. I figured I would check to make sure.
“You can’t be serious. Not going to let you copy my homework.”
“No man, seriously. Here’s a dollar,” he said as he pulled it out of his wallet and shoved it in my direction.
There’s no way in hell I’m taking this. There’s no way I’m sacrificing my work, my morals, my integrity to some guy offering a dollar for some answers. What the heck even is this?
I looked around, back at my friends. They were carefree, joking around, trying to get in some more time before the bell, which would ring in a couple minutes. I could hear their voices chopped with laughs and the occasional manly giggle. I looked back to Wakulo.
“I’m not taking your money, and I’m not taking anything else. I’m not going to let you copy my homework. Is that clear?”
A bit forceful? Yeah, sure, but not inappropriate. I’m not giving up on this; I’m going to stick to my ground until he goes away.
“Come on, man, it’s quick and you don’t have to do anything.”
I certainly have to do something. To do this would be to sacrifice my principles for a cruddy deal that does nothing for me. Nothing at all, because this guy was not the appreciative type either.
I was disgusted at this point, so I thought dropping the point might work. Walking away: not always a good option, but sometimes it’s the best.
“No. Just... no,” I said, after which I turned away from him and got back to my friends’ conversation quickly, showing him I had moved on and was done. Remarkably, he walked away. Had it actually worked? Was all I needed to do just remove myself? This was sort of a counter to what I had thought before, which was that resolving an issue is always better than leaving it hanging.
Unfortunately, at the end of brunch, and literally as the bell was ringing, he came back once more.
“Hey Iao, can I copy?”
I decided, in this moment, to deploy the powers of the Hysnitian accent I had been teaching myself recently. So slowly and coldly, I said “Nyet.”
I don’t know why, but it worked. Wakulo walked away slowly, his work unfinished and my integrity intact. I slung on my backpack and went to class.

Maklohi Vai                0 0 0 1 0 2 1 1 4  9
TWS of the Mediterranean 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1

Scoring Summary
4th: Mae'ao hit a home run to deep left, breaking up the no hitter.
6th: Ri’ino Uilnai doubled to lead off the inning, setting up Mae'ao for his second home run of the game, this time a deep shot to right.
7th: Wolo Rakinalmanai hit a solo shot to left to lead off the inning.
8th: Mae’ao hit a home run to center to lead off the inning.
9th: Mae'ao hit a grand slam, his fourth home run, driving in the first three men in the order.

Stat Update:
HR: Mae'ao 14, Wolo Rakinalmanai 2, Arnao 1, Iao Laina 1
RBI: Mae'ao 26, Wolo Rakinalmanai 4, Arnao 2, Moalna’akai Lai 2, Iao Laina 1, Koilani Ruputuo 1, Ri’ino Uilnai 1, Rimai Lomukiwo 1
"For the glory of our people, we govern our nation freely. For the glory of Polynesia, we help and strengthen our friends. For the glory of the earth, we do not destroy what it has bestowed upon us."
Demonym: Vaian
-Kamanakai Oa'a Pani, first president of Maklohi Vai
-6.13/-8.51 - as of 7/18
Hosted: MVBT 1; WBC 27; Friendly Cups 7, 9; (co-) NSCAA 5
Former President, WBC; WBC Councillor
Senator Giandomenico Abruzzi, Workers Party of Galatea
Administrator
Former:
Head Administrator
Beto Goncalves, Chair, CTA
Abraham Kamassi, Chair, Labour Party of Elizia
President of Calaverde Eduardo Bustamante; Leader, LDP
President of Baltonia Dovydas Kanarigis; Leader, LDP
President of Aurentina Wulukuno Porunalakai; Leader, Progress Coa.

Strawbee
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Strawbee » Sat May 25, 2013 1:56 am

OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE FROM "NEWS OF BASEBALL" ON STRAWBEE GOVERNMENT TV CHANNEL 8: THE SPORTS ZONE!!

Karditan                   0 0 1 0 0 0 0 2 0  3
The Republic of Lanos 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2

Strawbee                   2 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 0  4
Free Republics 0 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 2

Equestrian States          0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0  1
Skeckoa 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Group 3                   Pld    W   L    RF   RA   RD   Pts 
1 Equestrian States 6 5 1 23 10 +13 15
2 Strawbee 6 5 1 36 25 +11 15
3 Karditan 6 4 2 25 13 +12 12
4 Free Republics 6 2 4 26 30 −4 6
5 The Republic of Lanos 6 1 5 16 24 −8 3
6 Skeckoa 6 1 5 11 35 −24 3

Revengeance!
Strawbee revenges opening day loss to Free Republics with road win!

Game Report:

Second half of intense group action has begun friends, and Great and Honorable Leader Strawberry and our national Strawbee baseball team traveled to at BearOil Park in Petrograd, Free Republics to face off in fierce rematch against similar team that defeated us handily in front of shocked sell out crowd in Peerson in WBC opening game!

It is apparently big news for Free Republics that team captain Giancarlo Bolko made announcement that he is homosexual man. No Stawbee player has come out as having homosexuality so we asked Great and Honorable Leader Strawberry for her opinion and thinkings on the issue since we are in Free Republics for this match

"I'd say that if player on Stawbee team announced homosexuality it would make no difference" said our wise leader "People with homosexuality should be able to play baseball if they are good enough. Who cares? This should not be such big news story."

When asked about controversial locker room issue Manager Saran said this "I don't know about other teams but our players would not pay much care to that since we are too focused on getting to WBC playoffs to have concern over locker room shenanigans"

Viktor Ganzorig took the mound for Stawbee eager to get another chance against fearsome Free Republic hitters. Tauno Raisanen started for home team determined to deliver much needed win to keep Free Republics in hunt for top group spots.

Strawbee hitters were thristy for a bit of revenge however and jumped out to early 2 run lead with big Troy Logan. 2-0 Strawbee

No one would score any points in second inning but in third inning Hank Orr hit RBI single to extend Strawbee lead to 3-0 but Giancarlo Bolko would hit RBI as well in bottom of the inning. Since big announcement he has enjoyed very impressive spike in performance despite big losing streak for his team, but Ganzorig ended inning quickly after. 3-1 Strawbee.

4th inning had no scores either but in 5th inning Rupp Batbayar hit solo home run to bring game to 4-1 Strawbee favor. Free Republics would answer with RBI single from Kardos Adony to score Giancarlo Bolko from third (he had hit double earlier and advanced on fly ball out from Feliks Jablonski) Ganzorig would once again shut down Free Republics to keep score at 4-2

4-2 would be final score of game as Ganzorig went 7innings and Strawbee bullpen gave up no runs to preserve lead and secure victory against team that beat us wits ease earlier.

"We had much determination to defeat them this time and we got it done" said closer Vaan Percy after getting the save. With this victory Strawbee wins 5th straight game and is now 5-1 along with Equestrian States which also won today. Next Bubba Klang and rest of Strawbee team face struggling Skeckoa in hopes of proving Great and Honorable Leader's prediction true. Tune in to government channel 8 to catch the game sports fans!!

Player of Match Honor Award: Viktor Ganzorig, 7ip, 2R, 8Ks

--RBI Tracker--

Hank Orr: 2HR 7RBI
Troy Logan 2HR 7RBI
Chip Snelling: 1HR 5RBI
Calvin Klugg: 1HR 5RBI
Rolland Tomorbaatar: 1HR 2RBI
Golden Flower: 1HR 2RBI
Rupp Batbayar: 1 HR 2RBI
Jayson Enkhtuya: 3RBI
Tony Khongordzol: 2RBI

GLORY TO STRAWBEE!

ALL HAIL GREAT AND HONORABLE LEADER STRAWBERRY!

This document has been reviewed and approved by the official Strawbee sports bureau

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------
attached to this copy of the official government release is a small typed note on crumpled paper:

"Hello again, I've been laying low for a bit but just popping in to say while Strawberry did indeed express more or less the exact same sentiment in regards to Mr. Bolko's announcement and expressed the exact same respect for his right to play as an openly gay athlete that was officially reported, she did so using more colorful, and more vulgar language using much less dignified grace (as is her typical manner) than the official government report would have you believe. -RR"
Last edited by Strawbee on Sat May 25, 2013 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
*World Baseball Classic 27 Champions*

Allinlia
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Allinlia » Sat May 25, 2013 5:36 am

Heart Breaker!
Allinlia fails to win pitching duel at Zwangzug, loses by 1 on the road for second day in a row

Soviet Party           0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0  0
Sakurakoku 0 0 2 0 0 3 0 0 X 5

Carasatoga             0 0 0 0 1 0 1 2 0  4

Allinlia               0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0  1
Zwangzug 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 2

Group 9               Pld    W   L    RF   RA   RD   Pts 

With a massively disappointing 1 run loss at Super-Llamaland behind them, Allinlia came into the Wornhole in Spenson, Zwangzug absolutely determined to pull off another upset of last WBC's finalists (and current group favorites) 4th ranked Zwangzug. The home team however was equally determined to take one back from Allinlia after dropping their first match of the classic in Fonzona

Thus the stage was set for a grueling pitchers duel between Allinlia's Matt Eastman and Zwangzug's Irving Sandein. No team would score until the third inning when Devin Kearns hit an RBI single to score Paul Majuwitz and take the lead 1-0

Eastman would maintain this lead all the way to the 8th inning but he got no further help from Allinlia's offense which was almost completely shut down by Zwangzug's pitching and defense. Eastman would give up the tying run in the 8th when Duha Grower-Coack got an RBI to score Charlie Skriand. With the shut out blown, Matt Eastman was pulled after 8 innings of work and set-up man Boof Mendoza was brought in to try and stretch this game into extra innings.

It was not to be however as Marc Ghasal-Mihaylov drove in the winning run and Zwangzug took the victory for the home crowd in walk-off fashion 2-1.

"It's a gutting loss, we were on the verge of a fantastic win that would have really helped our position in the group and we let it all slip away. " acknowledge Manager Raymond Weiss "But we can't dwell. We really need to just bounce right back from this and get prepared for our game at Soviet Party, we may be heavy favorites in that one but we can't afford to fall asleep on them and not walk away with a win, the top of this group is very tight and very competitive so we must be on top of our game at all times"

Allinlia has finished the most grueling portion of their schedule with much less success than they hoped for and they have dropped a game behind Zwangzug and Super-Llamaland into third place as a result. The good news is with the road games against the group favorites out of the way, Allinlia has a stretch of 3 games which they are favored to win, though 2 of them will be on the road and the third is to a team that beat them in the first half of the tournament. "I think we'll be in OK shape if we can get to 6-3 before we head home to play Super-Llamaland again." said pitcher Eli Wells who will start tomorrow "I'll try my best to do my part to make that happen."

In other news, a little bit of controversy was stirred up today when a couple comments from a few of Saintland's players suggesting that Lycrabon may not have tested Western Cuba's players for PEDs when they hosted WBC 24 was loudly and strongly denied by the Lycrabon sports authorities.

Since he played in WBC 24 we asked our own Aiden Stairs for his thoughts on the matter: Stairs "It's very silly. Unlike the Saintland players I was at WBC 24 and I can personally say that Lycrabon tested me for PEDs along with all the other Allinlian players and every other player there. To suggest that Western Cuba's success in that tournament was because they might have been juicing and weren't tested for it is ludicrous. Accusations involving PEDs are pretty dang serious and I would hope that people with absolutely no basis for doing so will avoid idly throwing around that kinda talk from now on." Strong words from the Welling Comets power hitter.

About Aiden Stairs: Stairs is a veteran mulit-position player who has been with the Allinlian team for 3 WBCs and has led the team in hitting in all 3 thus far. He has won 3 domestic league championships, 1 with the Patronus Falcons and 2 with the Maigrin Skylarks. He is rapidly closing in on breaking the Allinlian Baseball League home run record currently held by the legendary Armando Baerga.

--RBI Tracker--

Aiden Stairs 3HR 7RBI
Conan Marteen 2HR 6RBI
Paul Majuwitz 2HR 6RBI
Nick Fasano 0HR 3RBI
Andy Capps 0HR 3RBI
Devin Kearns 0HR 3RBI
Toby Abbott 0HR 1RBI
Ferris Silver 0HR 1RBI
Joey Bezzio Jr. 0HR 1RBI
Last edited by Allinlia on Sat May 25, 2013 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Establish an embassy in the Empire of Allinlia:
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=206814

Cowardly Pacifists
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Cowardly Pacifists » Sat May 25, 2013 8:04 am

CP Baseball Report

May 25th - Phrytton, M.F.C.P.

SANDPIPERS EDGE PELICANS BY ONE RUN TO KEEP PLAYOFF HOPES ALIVE
Image The Priory of St Luc              0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 1  3
Image Cowardly Pacifists 0 0 1 0 0 1 2 0 X 4

Winning Pitcher: Julio Leonard
Game MVP: Terence Ruiz, 1 HR, 1 R, 1 RBI, 2 SB

The Sandpipers survived a late rally by the Pelicans of St. Luc to win their MD 6 match-up 4-3. The victory gives pitcher Julio Leonard his second win against the Priory of St. Luc in WBC 26, and keeps the Sandpipers in the hunt for a playoff berth.

The Sandpipers scored first (as they have in most of their games this Classic) in the bottom of the third inning. Albert Wells reached base on a line single and advanced to third on back-to-back sacrifice plays by Darrin Shelton (sac. fly to left field) and Julio Leonard (sac. bunt). That brought up Terence Ruiz, who batted Wells home with a double to shallow right. The Sandpipers would score three more times in the match. Terence Ruiz solo homered in the sixth. In the seventh, Lester Snyder was batted in by Rogelio Adkins, who was in turn advanced by Harvey Oliver and brought home by Austin Schneider.

To his credit, Sandpipers Ace Julio Leonard rebounded after giving up four runs to the Pelicans in MD 1. He pitched a solid second game, giving up a scant .891 walks-plus-hits-per-innings pitched (WHIP) over the course of seven innings. He also gave up only a single run to St. Luc, when Brother Cardiman solo homered in the early fourth. Leonard's performance won him shouts of praise from the Sandpiper fans when he was finally relieved after the first out of the eighth.

Despite the poor showing in MD 5, continued tightness in Moss's shoulder forced the Sandpipers to call in Rafael Dawson as the eighth inning set-up closer (Everett Rodgers night off). With two outs to go, Dawson struck out his first batter (Pelicans pitcher Sir Edmund), but gave up a double to Brother Miguel and walked Sir Jaminez. Dawson managed to get Brother Cardiman to bite on a high pitch, causing a pop fly; but the ball found the sweet spot between 3rd baseman Lester Snyder and outfielder Tam Nguyen. To make matters worse, Nguyen's fielding error gave the speedy Brother Miguel time to reach home and give the Pelicans their second run.

Fortunately for the Sandpipers, Dawson kept his cool and managed to strike out Sir Stephen to end the eighth without further damage. After an uneventful bottom of the inning, Ronnie Bryant came in to pitch for the Sandpipers in the top of the ninth. Bryant has been phenomenal in the closer role so far this Classic. He quickly retired Sir Obadiah and pinch-hitter Sir Nikolais. The Pelicans then brought in their backup designated hitter, Brother Hu, who gave Bryant serious fits. After three foul balls in a row, Bryant tried to strike Hu out with a clean fastball. Hu made contact, and the tremendous hitter sent the ball past the right outfield wall. The home run terrified the Sandpipers crowd, who had not seen Bryant struggle so much against a single hitter yet in the Classic. But Bryant rebounded well, finishing off the third Pelicans pinch-hitter, Sir Miachael, in four pitches and relieving the side. It would be the Sandpipers second home win of the Classic and their second win without a ninth inning.

"Clearly, there are some issues with our relievers," said bull pen coach Brendan Warren after the game, "This is the second game in a row where we had serious scoring issues in the late innings. We really need to get Ruben (Moss) back in there: his absence has really thrown everyone else off, I think."

There has not been any word yet on the status of mid reliever Ruben Moss, who left MD 5 with tightness in his shoulder. The Sandpipers will hope to have him back in MD 7. The team will also hope that Oscar Holloway was worked out whatever issues he had in the MD2 game against Qazox, as the Sandpipers get set to face the Qazoxians at home in MD 7 - their last home game before going on the road in MD 8.

FULL SCHEDULE
MD 1: @ the Priory of St Luc WIN 9-4
MD 2: @ Qazox LOSS 3-8
MD 3: Home vs the Jahistic Unified Republic WIN 3-0
MD 4: @ New Montreal States WIN 8-7
MD 5: Home vs Western Cuba LOSS 6-10
MD 6: Home vs the Priory of St Luc WIN 4-3
MD 7: Home vs Qazox
MD 8: @ the Jahistic Unified Republic
MD 9: Home vs New Montreal States
MD 10: @ Western Cuba

NEXT MATCH vs. Qazox
Sandpipers Starting Pitcher: Oscar Holloway
Western Cuba Starting Pitcher: Jillian Hecht

THE SANDPIPERS AT A GLANCE
WBC # 26          Pld    W   L    RF   RA   RD   Current Rank   Current Place in Group
6 4 2 33 32 +1 Unranked 3rd Place

Lifetime Win/Loss: 4-2
The We Already Surrender of Cowardly Pacifists

Warning: Sometimes uses puppets.
Another Warning: Posts from this nation are always OOC.

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Sat May 25, 2013 8:12 am

Many groups are very tight after six games. So let's see what happens now with the MD7 cutoff.

Group 1
Yesopalitha 0 0 0 3 0 0 0 0 0 3
The Sova Empire 3 0 2 0 1 3 0 1 X 10

Thrilledge 0 0 1 2 6 2 1 0 0 12
Kriegiersien 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1

Schmiegelland 0 0 0 1 0 0 2 1 0 4
Michael VII 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 5

Group 1 Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 Michael VII 7 5 2 32 18 +14 15
2 The Sova Empire 7 4 3 33 27 +6 12
3 Thrilledge 7 4 3 27 21 +6 12
4 Yesopalitha 7 3 4 25 23 +2 9
5 Kriegiersien 7 3 4 18 41 −23 9
6 Schmiegelland 7 2 5 24 29 −5 6

Pld W L RF RA RD Pts

Group 2
German-Spanish Empire 2 0 1 0 0 1 0 3 0 7
The Royal Kingdom of Quebec 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2

Sangti 0 5 0 0 0 3 0 0 1 9
Ko-oren 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1

Milchama 1 4 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 5
Cyborg Holland 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Group 2 Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 Milchama 7 6 1 49 26 +23 18
2 Ko-oren 7 5 2 42 32 +10 15
3 Sangti 7 4 3 40 37 +3 12
4 The Royal Kingdom of Quebec 7 2 5 31 40 −9 6
5 Cyborg Holland 7 2 5 29 42 −13 6
6 German-Spanish Empire 7 2 5 28 42 −14 6

Group 3
Equestrian States 2 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 4
Karditan 0 4 0 0 2 1 3 0 X 10

Skeckoa 1 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3
Strawbee 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 4

Free Republics 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 2
The Republic of Lanos 5 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 X 7

Group 3 Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 Strawbee 7 6 1 40 28 +12 18
2 Karditan 7 5 2 35 17 +18 15
3 Equestrian States 7 5 2 27 20 +7 15
4 The Republic of Lanos 7 2 5 23 26 −3 6
5 Free Republics 7 2 5 28 37 −9 6
6 Skeckoa 7 1 6 14 39 −25 3

Group 4
Beldonia 4 0 1 0 0 2 0 1 1 9
Maklohi Vai 2 5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 7

Shadowbourne 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 2
The Serbian Empire 1 0 1 0 0 0 2 0 X 4

Vaugania 0 0 0 3 0 1 0 0 1 5
TWS of the Mediterranean 0 0 0 0 1 3 0 0 2 6

Group 4 Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 Maklohi Vai 7 5 2 45 32 +13 15
2 Beldonia 7 5 2 35 33 +2 15
3 The Serbian Empire 7 4 3 31 24 +7 12
4 Vaugania 7 3 4 34 37 −3 9
5 Shadowbourne 7 2 5 24 26 −2 6
6 TWS of the Mediterranean 7 2 5 25 42 −17 6

Group 5
New Bierstaat 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1
Backyard Sports 0 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 X 3

Saugeais 0 2 0 4 0 0 0 0 4 10
Free Swiss States 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1

Estope 1 2 0 1 0 3 0 0 0 7
Sicoutimont 2 2 0 0 0 0 2 5 X 11

Group 5 Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 Sicoutimont 7 6 1 53 28 +25 18
2 Saugeais 7 5 2 43 19 +24 15
3 Backyard Sports 7 4 3 24 24 0 12
4 New Bierstaat 7 3 4 26 30 −4 9
5 Estope 7 2 5 19 41 −22 6
6 Free Swiss States 7 1 6 21 44 −23 3

Group 6
The Fair Republic 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1
Kinzar 1 0 3 0 0 1 3 0 X 8

Thatius 0 0 0 1 1 1 0 0 1 4
Mapletish 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 2

Darmen 4 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 5
Bloodbath Generation 0 1 3 1 0 1 0 0 X 6

Group 6 Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 Kinzar 7 6 1 38 18 +20 18
2 Darmen 7 4 3 39 32 +7 12
3 Thatius 7 4 3 30 23 +7 12
4 Bloodbath Generation 7 4 3 34 36 −2 12
5 The Fair Republic 7 3 4 19 30 −11 9
6 Mapletish 7 0 7 19 40 −21 0

Group 7
New Montreal States 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 3
The Priory of St Luc 3 0 0 4 2 0 1 0 X 10

The Jahistic Unified Republic 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 2 3
Western Cuba 2 2 1 3 2 1 0 1 X 12

Qazox 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1
Cowardly Pacifists 1 0 0 0 0 4 0 0 X 5

Group 7 Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 Western Cuba 7 5 2 54 38 +16 15
2 New Montreal States 7 5 2 40 30 +10 15
3 Cowardly Pacifists 7 5 2 38 33 +5 15
4 Qazox 7 3 4 34 31 +3 9
5 The Priory of St Luc 7 3 4 31 35 −4 9
6 The Jahistic Unified Republic 7 0 7 22 52 −30 0

Group 8
Aardenland 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 3 0 5
Ethington 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1

Powersith 0 1 0 3 0 1 0 3 0 8
Free South Califas 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 3 5

Cassadaigua 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 1 1 4
Byfugland 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 1 0 3

Group 8 Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 Free South Califas 7 4 3 41 30 +11 12
2 Byfugland 7 4 3 28 25 +3 12
3 Cassadaigua 7 4 3 24 26 −2 12
4 Powersith 7 4 3 26 31 −5 12
5 Ethington 7 3 4 32 25 +7 9
6 Aardenland 7 2 5 23 37 −14 6

Group 9
Allinlia 0 0 0 2 0 1 0 0 3 6
Soviet Party 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1

Zwangzug 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 5 0 6
Carasatoga 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Super-Llamaland 0 0 0 0 0 5 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 6
Sakurakoku 2 0 1 2 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 7

1 Zwangzug 7 5 2 38 19 +19 15
2 Allinlia 7 4 3 37 24 +13 12
3 Sakurakoku 7 4 3 36 33 +3 12
4 Super-Llamaland 7 4 3 37 41 −4 12
5 Carasatoga 7 2 5 21 34 −13 6
6 Soviet Party 7 2 5 12 30 −18 6

Group 10
Komodo Dragon 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Lycrabon 0 0 0 0 0 3 0 0 X 3

Slembana 0 0 0 0 2 2 2 0 0 6
Scandigrad 1 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 3

Taeshan 0 1 1 2 0 0 0 0 3 7
Saintland 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 2

Group 10 Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 Taeshan 7 5 2 30 21 +9 15
2 Lycrabon 7 5 2 29 27 +2 15
3 Saintland 7 4 3 29 20 +9 12
4 Slembana 7 3 4 24 27 −3 9
5 Komodo Dragon 7 2 5 19 27 −8 6
6 Scandigrad 7 2 5 25 34 −9 6

Challenge: (In no way does this need to be followed. The purpose is to provide inspiration for RP when it could not otherwise be found).

Historical Challenge: Reference a past World Baseball Classic that I pre-determine. Today, World Baseball Classic 4
Last edited by Cassadaigua on Sat May 25, 2013 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
NS Sports’ only World Cup, World Bowl, World Cup of Hockey, World Baseball Classic and International Basketball Championships winner!

(Motorsports, college basketball, and volleyball, too)

Specific Titles: World Cup 50, 51; WBC 14, 16, 19, 50 & 58; WB 8, 22, & 40; WCOH 11 & 39; IBC 13.
Also: CR 40 & 43; CoH 39; Swamp Soccer 4, RTC WC 18 & 19; WVE 6; NSCAA 3, 5 & 9; NSSCRA 7
Runner Up: CoH 40, CR 37, 38 & 41; WB 21, WcoH 8, IBC 12, WBC 13, 15, 47 & 48, DBC 21.
WC Qualified for: 45, 46, 49-61, 67, 79 (DNP WC 69-77), 81-90, 92.
XIII Summer Olympiad: 2nd Most Medals
Hosted: WC 54, 67, 84 & 88; CoH 57 & 73, BoF 47, CR 30, WB 16, WBC 18, 26, 40, 45 & 50, NSCAA, NSCH 1; WLC 7, 30 & 33.

Sangti
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sangti » Sat May 25, 2013 9:03 am

REVENGE TIME: SANGTI CRUSHES KO-OREN, 9-1

By Rafael Sigua

Sangti 9-1 Ko-oren
Group 2, World Baseball Classic
Sraltlur State Baseball Arena, Ko-oren

The Greenblues of Ko-oren thought they would beat the Indios of Sangti today and keep their head-to head to Milchama for the lead in Group 3. It was not meant to be.

Somehow, the Indios, who themselves are chasing a spot in the playoffs, had other ideas. After a runless first inning, the visiting Sangtian side had 5 runs in the top of the second to open the scoring, 5-0 at the middle of the second.

Ko-oren pulled one back and now it was 5-1. But it proved only Ko-oren's run in the game. Solid pitching from Cyril Sumaoang (1-1) and relief pitcher Benigno Macadangdang(1-1) kept the Greenblues at bay. Sangti added 3 runs in the top of 6th and another run on the top of 9th to seal the win, which is currently Sangti's biggest win in their history.

"We played well and are currently unbeaten in the second round. If we keep that pace, we will be able to reach 7 wins. That's big, because we will visit the group leaders Milchama and we have the opportunity to beat them. We only kept the difference at 2 runs and now, picking up the pace, if we beat Cyborg Holland the next matchday, we will have momentum." GM Monico Deligero said.

Sangti remains at third in Group 2, 1 game behind Ko-oren and 2 games behind Milchama. Lets look at their run-ins.

Sangti
vs Cyborg Holland
@ Milchama
vs RKQ

Milchama
@ RKQ
vs Sangti
@ GSE

Ko-oren
@ GSE
vs RKQ
@ Cyborg Holland

Cyborg Holland may throw spoilers and Sangti-Milchama will prove to be a crucial match, not maybe for the Warriors of they beat RKQ next, but is very important for Sangti. Milchama is a very experienced side and at WBC 4 got 7 wins in 9 games to grab the lead in the Pool 2. If Sangti gets to 7 wins too, they can get a shot at the playoffs.

Lets analyze the 3rd placers standing.
Equestrian States	7    5   2    27   20   +7    15
Cowardly Pacifists 7 5 2 38 33 +5 15
Saintland 7 4 3 29 20 +9 12
The Serbian Empire 7 4 3 31 24 +7 12

Thatius 7 4 3 30 23 +7 12
Thrilledge 7 4 3 27 21 +6 12
Sangti 7 4 3 40 37 +3 12
Sakurakoku 7 4 3 36 33 +3 12
Backyard Sports 7 4 3 24 24 0 12
Cassadaigua 7 4 3 24 26 −2 12

Sangti is currently 7th and is well out of 4th on runs difference, but has the best offence (and the worst defense) among them. But there are 3 more matchdays and Sangti can still make the playoffs.

OOC: This might be my last RP for this edition of the WBC, as I am going to a province for a fieldwork. Hopefully there is internet connection there so I can continue RPing. Anyway goodluck to the teams that are still in running, and that includes us!

Sakurakoku
Envoy

Founded: Jul 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sakurakoku » Sat May 25, 2013 9:21 am

Super-Llamaland        0 0 0 0 0 5 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 - 6 13 2
Sakurakoku 2 0 1 2 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 - 7 14 0

Scoring Summary:

Bottom 1st: Katou flied out to left. Horie singled to center. Yasuzumi struck out swinging. On wild pitch, Horie to second. Yamagishi doubled to right, Horie scored. Kaneko doubled to left-center, Yamagishi scored. Kimihara grounded out to third. Sakurakoku, 2-0.

Bottom 3rd: Yamagishi singled to left. Kaneko singled to right, Yamagishi to third. Kimihara lined out to pitcher. On throwing error by pitcher Lucas, Yamagishi scored, Kaneko to second. Dojima walked. Suzuki grounded into double play, shortstop Bradley to first baseman Mills, Dojima out at second. Sakurakoku, 3-0.

Bottom 4th: Uemura struck out swinging. Katou walked. Horie homered to left-center, Katou scored. Yasuzumi doubled to left-center. Jackson pitching. Yamagishi filed out to right, Yasuzumi to third. Kaneko grounded out to second. Sakurakoku, 5-0.

Bottom 5th: Kimihara grounded out to shortstop. Dojima safe on error by first baseman Mills. Suzuki grounded into fielder's choice, third baseman Cameron to second baseman Danks, Dojima out at second, Suzuki safe at first. Uemura singled to right, Suzuki to third, Uemura to second. Katou infield singled to shortstop, Suzuki scored, Uemura to third. Horie flied out to center. Sakurakoku, 6-0.

Top 6th: Thomas grounded out to second. Dawson singled to left. Bradley doubled to left-center, Dawson to third. Danks infield singled to shortstop, Dawson scored. Y. Saitou pitching. Cameron walked, Bradley to third, Danks to second. Mills popped out to catcher. Harder homered to center, Bradley scored, Danks scored, Cameron scored. Rochester singled to center. Addams grounded out to first. Sakurakoku, 6-5.

Top 9th: Minamoto pitching. Rochester walked. Addams grounded into fielder's choice, shortstop Dojima to second baseman Uemura, Rochester out at second. Atkins pinch-hitting. Atkins doubled to left-center, Addams scored. Dawson struck out swinging. Bradley lined out to first. Tied, 6-6.

Bottom 13th: Tanonaka grounded out to shortstop. Uemura singled to left. H. Saitou sacrifice bunted to first, Uemura to second. Horie intentionally walked. Carter pitching. Yasuzumi singled to center, Uemura scored, Horie to third. Sakurakoku, 7-6.
Last edited by Sakurakoku on Sat May 25, 2013 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
WBC: 16, 18, 19, 20, 21, 23, 24, 26.
WB: 14 (BOI 8), 15
WCoH: 15

Lycrabon
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Lycrabon » Sat May 25, 2013 10:56 am

Jays duo pitch one-hitter, shut out Komodo Dragon 3-0

WBC 26 - Following the accusations over PED testing yesterday, the Lycrabon Blue Jays came out with a vengeance, shutting down the Dragon 3-0. Starter Paul Lawrence had a perfect game going into the sixth, allowing a two-out walk to spoil the bid. A single to lead off the seventh ended the no-hit bid, and his own night ended following a hit batsmen in the eighth. Granted, it was a head shot and his obscenity-laced scream at the Dragon dugout that got him - and then Brianna Bruce - tossed, but Harrison closed it out for the save, and the win to keep pace with Taeshan - 7-2 winers over the aforementioned Saintland.
Last edited by Lycrabon on Sat May 25, 2013 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Embassy information NS Wiki: NS Wiki page (work in progress) Factbook (Work in progress)
Formerly Republic of Barnettsville (IC liberated and disbanded via war)
As Lycrabon:
World Baseball Classic XX Champion
Saugeais Baseball Tournament I: 3rd Place
WBC 18-19 Quarterfinals

Under former regime:
WB VII-X; BOI quarterfinals; IV Summer Olympics; WC 49/BoF 36
WBC 12 quarterfinals

Hosting:
WBC 17 and 24, NSCF 2 Woodlands Conference

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 17, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Qazox » Sat May 25, 2013 12:50 pm

Qazox on brink of elimination again.

Qazox                           0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0  1
Cowardly Pacifists 1 0 0 0 0 4 0 0 X 5

Harvey Oliver's 3-run HR in the 6th off of Jillian Hecht broke open a 1-0 pitching duel which saw Oscar Holloway take a no-hitter intot eh 8th, before back-to-back doiubles by Chad Cochran and Allie Durmitt broke the non-no and the shutout. Qazox heads back home fighting for their playoff lives against The Priory of St Luc and The Jahistic Unified Republic before closing at New Montreal States. Qazox currently is 2 games back of NMS, CP and WC (all tied at 5-2) and would likely need to win out to be even considered for a playoff berth.

CF- Justin Madroe 0-4
2B- J. C. Vulp 0-4
3B- Brianna Handel 0-4
RF- Chad Cochran 1-4, double, run
C- Allie Durmitt 1-4 double, RBI
SS- Zach Joswyn 0-3, BB, SB
1B- Joshua McCullen 0-4, GIDP
LF- Leslie Fanueil 0-3

SP- Jillian Hecht- 6.2 IP, 4 runs, 4 ER, 5K, 0 BB, 1 HR allowed, 8 hits (L 1-1) (0-2 batting)
Wikipage/Qazox National Football Team
Qualified for World Cups 31, 33, 35-50, 54-59, 61, 62. Runners-up: CoH 52
Baptism of Fire 44 (w/Mangolana); World Baseball Classics 1, 4, 5, 10, 13 and 23; World Cup of Hockey 7 and 14; World Bowls IV & IX; IBC X; Baptism of Iron III and VIII; NSCAA Tourney II, III (conferences/regionals), The OXEN Cup; the TOUR de QAZOX, Qazoxian Sports Festival and NS X-Games/Winter X-Games I.
World Cups of Hockey 4 & 6; World Baseball Classics 6, 8 and 9, World Bowls 3 and XXI; Draggonnii Inviyatii V, IBC XI
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports