NATION

PASSWORD

Global Economics and Trade Help Desk and Q&A

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Liberty and Alderney
Minister

Founded: Apr 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Liberty and Alderney » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:16 pm

Neu Engollon wrote:
Maltropia wrote:It happens. Banks, oil companies and airlines/airports are usually the most common, and they have moments where a dozen spring up at once, but there are quite a few assorted civilian storefronts on the first page of the forum right now - a couple of food places, IT and telecoms, vehicles, and a bunch more. They're only as successful as their customers make them, though, so if you want non-military to increase why not give them your custom?

^^ this. I'm guilty of it too, as I haven't probably done a good round of it in a while. To fully round out your national canon, you could and would most certainly have other airlines flying into your ports, International restaurant chains and pubs, use cell service, have imported cars, foreign oil supply, possibly have satellite breweries :p (I have a lot of brewcraft industry). There's construction firms, alternate energy and just so much out there. Even a Port-a-loo company. Think of just about anything and do a search through GE&T and it will probably turn up.

A bit non-sequitur: Someone mentioned to me yesterday that GE&T is rather 'dry' when it comes to RP and I would have to agree, if all you do is fill out a form and get accepted. Try doing a full In Character letter from a government or business official to a company you're buying from, attached to your applications. Put in a little back story and culture in there. It does wonders and sometimes you can get a little back and forth interaction that's a win-win for the storefront owner and yourself.

Heh, all my storefronts are dedicated into creating the worst company there is in their respective industry and people still take it so formally and literally. When people send their serious applications to a company on the constant verge of bankruptcy or the one responsible for 2000 new cases of type II diabetes a day, I just gotta wonder if they read any of it, or if they just don't care.
YOUR UBER IS HERE
̿̿̿̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿̿̿ ̿̿̿ ̿̿̿̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿̿̿̿ ̿̿̿ ̿̿̿̿ ̿ ̿̿̿̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿̿̿ ̿̿̿ ̿̿̿̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿̿̿ ̿ ______________________ ̿ ̿̿̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿̿̿̿ ̿̿̿ ̿̿̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿̿̿̿ ̿ ̿̿̿̿ ̿̿̿ ̿̿̿̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿̿̿̿ ̿̿̿ ̿̿̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿̿̿̿
What this nation was like during 2017Spread the web loveBut for real, this is my IC flagMe irl for real this time

Voluntaryist Nation of Mute City
Civilian

Founded: Oct 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Voluntaryist Nation of Mute City » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:49 pm

Do our NS nations benefit from these?

Liberty and Alderney
Minister

Founded: Apr 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Liberty and Alderney » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:53 pm

Voluntaryist Nation of Mute City wrote:Do our NS nations benefit from these?

You mean if these affect your gameplay stats? No, they are purely for roleplaying.
YOUR UBER IS HERE
̿̿̿̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿̿̿ ̿̿̿ ̿̿̿̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿̿̿̿ ̿̿̿ ̿̿̿̿ ̿ ̿̿̿̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿̿̿ ̿̿̿ ̿̿̿̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿̿̿ ̿ ______________________ ̿ ̿̿̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿̿̿̿ ̿̿̿ ̿̿̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿̿̿̿ ̿ ̿̿̿̿ ̿̿̿ ̿̿̿̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿̿̿̿ ̿̿̿ ̿̿̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿̿̿̿
What this nation was like during 2017Spread the web loveBut for real, this is my IC flagMe irl for real this time

Greythrone
Envoy

Founded: Mar 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Greythrone » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:12 am

Hi, any comment? But forgive my grammar.
viewtopic.php?p=26262153#p26262153

Thank

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:19 am

Greythrone wrote:Hi, any comment? But forgive my grammar.
viewtopic.php?p=26262153#p26262153

Thank

Kia Ora, since it has been like 8 days or so since you've posted that I will assume that someone (or more people) already telegrammed you their opinions/suggestions

but if not, well this is what I think (just one opinion out of many out there)

I can see the appeal of the images/pictures you are using for your storytelling thread; they are attractive to see

Try to add more information into your thread. Anything that can allow us the readers to 'feel' the story you are putting for your storefront. Share us and tell us of anything historical/history related to your storefront from your nation. One example of this: the Riverfrost High Tech Park.

You have told us that it was first opened in 1996. You have also told us of the reason behind why this high technology complex of advanced research centres (and the other fancy things out there) and modern industrial buildings are there. I can see your nation is currently speeding towards its ultimate destination: prosperity and wealth

but unfortunately... I am still left a little bit hungry (from reading that section), and I want (to read) more

when my (fictional) Emperor read about this amazing High Tech Park in a nation called Greythrone, he will want to know the type of buildings and activities located there. Okay, it's a High Tech Park. Science, high technology firms, very well paid people working there (flash and all, middle class people, very well educated workforce of your nation there)

I want to feel all of that. Tell me about some of the large or most well known businesses from your nation that are located there, or perhaps some of the most well funded research centres that can be found there

and how well funded are these research centres? How advanced are they or the stuff people are researching there? My Emperor's really curious now, he really want to invest some of his hard earned (sure...) moolah there... u know, invest in your nation, get his legit investment return, spark up some warm relationship with your cool President, and all that jazz

but he ain't satisfied from reading that Riverfrost High Tech Park section. Like, it's good, he like it. But... something's missing... something about how amazing Greythrone is, something that can tie that amazing stuff from Greythrone that can be found in that Riverfrost High Tech Park

thats just 1 example of wonderful extra things u can add to ur storefront. And tbh you only need to update the thread as you go along. Try to reply to people's posts there, and interact with other roleplayers. Don't worry about the above for now

and then between irl break (or spare time where you are very relaxed and just have that feeling of 'oh I want to update my storefront with more cool stuff about Greythrone'), try to write about the above stuff (relating to the amazing things from Greythrone that can be found in Riverfrost High Tech Park)

conclusion, I like the thread. but the aboves my opinion, and if somehow Greythrone is my account, and that storefront is mine (and I am still very active like I used to be), I would gradually implement the above to, I don't know, add some layers of exciting things other people can read about Greythrone? :p
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Muati-Soto-A
Secretary

Founded: Nov 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Muati-Soto-A » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:54 am

Hey guys and gals . you have any ideas how to post an oil and natural gas exploartions on more non-newbie level ?

by the way i'm posting in briefly my nation background story : the federal republic of Muati-Soto-A is a 3 world nation with white majority population which it's number is a 825,841 out of 900,314 citizens in all of the 3 islands (Muati,Soto and the archipelgo Ameonmi)

the islands are in size of 9,321 km and located in the eastren side of the tasmanian sea between Australia and NZ .
The largest island is the Muati island which his size is a 6,511 km .

the amount of each discovery :
Axel-1A(Dolphin)
Resource : Petroleum
Proven Reserves :69.00 Trilion Barrels Proven Reserve Data(2015)

GetoX(Elmira )
Resource : Natural Gas
Proven Reserves :245 trilion cubic metersProven Reserve Data(2015)
Last edited by Muati-Soto-A on Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
RP Info:
Indepenet from: Australia
Goverment System: Federal Parliamentary Republic
Ruling Coalltion: Muatian Unity Party(Ruling Party),Conservative Party(National Coalltion)
Oppostion: Nativist Party,Natives First

Muati-Soto-A
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Muati-Soto-A » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:36 pm

Muati-Soto-A wrote:Hey guys and gals . you have any ideas how to post an oil and natural gas exploartions on more non-newbie level ?

by the way i'm posting in briefly my nation background story : the federal republic of Muati-Soto-A is a 3 world nation with white majority population which it's number is a 825,841 out of 900,314 citizens in all of the 3 islands (Muati,Soto and the archipelgo Ameonmi)

the islands are in size of 9,321 km and located in the eastren side of the tasmanian sea between Australia and NZ .
The largest island is the Muati island which his size is a 6,511 km .

the amount of each discovery :
Axel-1A(Dolphin)
Resource : Petroleum
Proven Reserves :69.00 Trilion Barrels Proven Reserve Data(2015)

GetoX(Elmira )
Resource : Natural Gas
Proven Reserves :245 trilion cubic metersProven Reserve Data(2015)

Someone can help to me?
RP Info:
Ruling Coalltion: Muatian Unity Party(Ruling Party),Conservative Party(National Coalltion)

Maltropia
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 19, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:56 pm

Muati-Soto-A wrote:Hey guys and gals . you have any ideas how to post an oil and natural gas exploartions on more non-newbie level ?

Could you explain what you mean by this? Are you asking for help with a storefront, an invitation for companies into your country, a roleplay?
Ɛ> Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3
[17:46] <bc> MY ENTHUSIASM EFFECTS MY SPELLING || [19:25] <minn> srsly is maltropia the only one with a brain here :|
Call me Mal(t). Reduce risk of carpal tunnel syndrome!
GE&T:Maritime Imperial Shipwrights | T-O Cartographic
II:Amistad, EATC signatory | PRV founder | CFDS, FIR, ECU member
F&NI:IIwiki | Factbook | Embassy program
WA:Represented by Ambassador Seán Lemass

I used to be a Roleplay Mentor and still love to help people. Find me on Discord and I'll help if I can.

Muati-Soto-A
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Muati-Soto-A » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:00 pm

Maltropia wrote:

Could you explain what you mean by this? Are you asking for help with a storefront, an invitation for companies into your country, a roleplay?

My intention was to publish invitation for companies to develop the resources sector
RP Info:

Dahon
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Dahon » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:58 pm

Hi guys. Dunno where to ask this, so I put it here, as this tackles finances more than any other forum. Is there a way to reliably convert local currency to NS$? Please provide a link if possible. Thanks.
Authoritarianism kills all. Never forget that.

-5.5/-7.44

al-Ibramiyah (inactive; under research)
Moscareinas (inactive)
Trumpisslavia (inactive)
Dahon the Alternative (inactive; under research)
Our Heavenly Dwarf (Forum 7)

Western Pacific Territories
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 29, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Western Pacific Territories » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:59 pm

Dahon wrote:Hi guys. Dunno where to ask this, so I put it here, as this tackles finances more than any other forum. Is there a way to reliably convert local currency to NS$? Please provide a link if possible. Thanks.

NS Economy would be a good way, if we pretend 1 USD is 1 NSD.

Dahon
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Dahon » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:03 pm

Western Pacific Territories wrote:
Dahon wrote:Hi guys. Dunno where to ask this, so I put it here, as this tackles finances more than any other forum. Is there a way to reliably convert local currency to NS$? Please provide a link if possible. Thanks.

That's good and all, but any calculators? Links or whatnot?
Authoritarianism kills all. Never forget that.

-5.5/-7.44

al-Ibramiyah (inactive; under research)
Moscareinas (inactive)
Trumpisslavia (inactive)
Dahon the Alternative (inactive; under research)
Our Heavenly Dwarf (Forum 7)

Common Territories
Senator

Founded: Nov 08, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Common Territories » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:40 pm

Dahon wrote:
Western Pacific Territories wrote:

That's good and all, but any calculators? Links or whatnot?

NSEconomy is the only calculator (I suppose there may be a few others still around though) that states the value of your currency against the NSD. Otherwise you must come up with your value on your own. Personally, I use the NSEconomy as a base standard to see where it ranges around and then I include the IC facts I have built up in my history on NS. People often value their currency more then they should, but it's a hard process because it's a stat you make up on your own that people either agree with or don't. I personally don't suggest using calculators like NSEconomy as your final source of stats because it calculates the provided stats from your NS account - all of which are modified based on the issues you answer for your nation account; which means if your IC country and NS country aren't linked, nor will the stats for them be. World building is part of RP so I encourage everyone, yourself included, to really think on your nations stats and create interesting countries :)

Xanixi
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Xanixi » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:11 am

What I want to ask actually has nothing to do with the GE&T forum nor any storefront, but it is of an economic matter and I don't know any economy forums where I might ask this, so I'll place my question here and hope someone can answer.

How could it be made so that the fiscal policies that a government might employ, whether during a recessionary or inflationary gap, are not blinded by the political agendas of the government but actually look out for the well-being and stability of the national economy?

To elaborate: to my understanding, an important problem with the fiscal policies that a government might employ at any given time is not only the fact that the actual negotiation of said fiscal policy is a long process in government, but also that it is tainted by the political agendas of the parties in government themselves, perhaps to influence an upcoming election. This, in turn, makes it so that the fiscal policies employed are not the ones that an economy requires at a given time [such as when an economy is in an inflationary gap but the government doesn't want to raise taxes and/or cut government spending in order to cause a decline in aggregate demand because restrictive policies are, by nature, unpopular with the populace]. This is unhealthy for an economy, obviously, but I can't think of any way that the government could carry out the correct fiscal policy and not be driven by a political agenda.

The only thing that has come to my mind thus far is that the government not ever carry out restrictive fiscal policies and leave such policies to the central bank, which usually carries out correct policies as that is literally the only thing they're supposed to do [and also because they're likely PhD economists], and only carry out the popular expansive fiscal policies whenever it is required [since expanding an economy is also hard to do if the extra money banks receive, for example, when the reserve ratio is lowered is used to save and not to loan out, thus making monetary policy less effective during recessionary gaps]. A ramification I see in this is a government employing an expansive fiscal policy when deep in an inflationary gap, which would only make matters worse [but hey, the people are like, "Yay, less taxes, I'm gonna vote for those fellas!"]. So the idea definitely needs some work.

I also thought of maybe having the central bank have to approve of fiscal policies made by the government, but that might be harder to do, since the central bank wouldn't be in charge of the budget, meaning there might even be structural deficit and that a government might try to carry out a restrictive fiscal policy instead of an expansive one during a recessionary gap because deficit and/or debt is out of control.

I hope someone can answer my question!
Grand Imperial Republic of Thedosia | Galactic Imperial Republic [FT]
DEFCON: [4]; Double Take
| Pop.: 508,191,116 | Area: 24.670.330 km2 | Demonym: Thedosian/Republic/Imperial |
| Military: 5,482,193 | GDP: US$32,842,135,458,524.96 | Lifespan: ~650 y/o |
Dr. Carl Sagan wrote:“They say astronomy is a humbling and character-building experience. There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.”
Most Astounding Fact
#AupaAtleti #ContigoHastaElFinal
American and Spanish

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:31 pm

was stalking NationStates forums while semi afk Runescape skills :p

I will not go far to the theory irl but just want to say:

How could it be made so that the fiscal policies that a government might employ, whether during a recessionary or inflationary gap, are not blinded by the political agendas of the government but actually look out for the well-being and stability of the national economy?

only you can decide whether the fiscal policies of your fictional government are 'blinded' by the political agendas of the government, or whether it's purely for the well-being and stability of your nation's economic future. This is because there's no one right way to answer your question, especially NationStates storytelling/roleplaying wise. Only you can make up the reasons or background behind the decision of your govt to do what's best for the country in the long run over short-term electoral anger.

The best way to go about it is to make the storyline a bit sensible, or to make your govt a bit caring for the future, but also can't do too much at the risk of offending certain parties (that would greatly be affected by the decision of the govt to look towards the future). Many irl govts followed this route. Fictionally, I storytell/roleplay the govt of Yohannes along this line as well (I am not smart enough, or know enough rl examples to confidently do it any other way)

Although you can, of course, make your govt either very idealistic, or very short minded (wanting to please certain influential fronts so much, instead of worrying about the future). This is NationStates, after all, you can always make up stories behind your govt's decision to do this, and so long as you word the stories (or background) sensibly, ppl shouldn't care too much. There are also not many cases where rl govts have done this though, but there were some historical govts successfully pulling it off (the idealistic/future route)

I will not pretend to know specific historical examples from other irl countries, but in New Zealand's situation, we did have a govt successfully doing the idealistic move (doing something drastic for the well-being and stability of the country's economic future)

It was a period loosely called Rogernomics. State owned enterprises' subsidies were cut off, in some cases completely out of the blue, resulting in many unemployments (especially for the then heavily blue collar ethnic minorities from the Pacific, and the indigenous population of the country also). The govt that did this unexpected move was also a left-leaning, heavily working class supported Labour party govt too, so yeah... that was very much unexpected, especially by not just their own supporters, but also the opposition parties. The reason they decided to do the 'ignore short term interests and piss off everyone who support us' to the very very extreme was because... to do the alternative would mean bankruptcy for NZ as a whole, and our dive from a first world nation to a poor, debt-ridden, third world nation

In short, it was a period of 'Okay we got to power yaya *reads balance sheet and confidential records handed from the previous govt*

... oh shiet... wtf bro....' (like really, apocalypse tomorrow, do it now or we be dead)

So yes, it can be done. But there has to be good enough reasons (or background) behind this sudden 'we must be idealistic for the future of our nation' move, because sudden holy/goodie stuff like that wouldn't be happening because... politicians are politicians. I don't know much about Meiji Japan, but I think the early stage of Japan's modernisation was done also because of a 'we have to do this or we're screwed' background behind it

I hope other ppl will bring their input here, but thats as far as I would go for now. What do u think Xanini?
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Xanixi
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Xanixi » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:52 am

Yohannes wrote:--snip--

Thanks for responding!

The "goodie politician" thing was exactly what I knew I had in my way. Politicians will, as you stated, be interested in an idealistic approach to policies regarding the economy in the event that they have no other choice, which is unhealthy for an economy as well. I was attempting to see if perhaps fiscal policies could be placed at the hands of some other, less politically charged organism that would be solely interested in the well-being of the national economy, a la central bank, but with more than just monetary policy at their disposal. Obviously governments would still have structural policies at their disposal, but I wanted to take fiscal policies away and give it to an organism solely interested in the well-being of the economy, without a care in the world for who they piss off.

Of course, this is difficult regardless, and as you said, politicians won't be goodie goodie for the sake of doing so because much more present in their heads is winning the elections...

I could just remove elections XD
Grand Imperial Republic of Thedosia | Galactic Imperial Republic [FT]
DEFCON: [4]; Double Take
| Pop.: 508,191,116 | Area: 24.670.330 km2 | Demonym: Thedosian/Republic/Imperial |
| Military: 5,482,193 | GDP: US$32,842,135,458,524.96 | Lifespan: ~650 y/o |
Dr. Carl Sagan wrote:“They say astronomy is a humbling and character-building experience. There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.”
Most Astounding Fact
#AupaAtleti #ContigoHastaElFinal
American and Spanish

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:56 pm

This may be politically incorrect to say, but it can also be affected by the culture of the majority of people from that country, its recent history (I am especially looking at the long term yet unsolved consequences of things like forced subjugation/colonialism), or perhaps the prevalent culture of the business/political elites, and of course, the attitude of the majority population (but this is somewhat influenced already anyway by all the previous)

In NZ's case, the relative lack of negative side effect (not saying that there aren't any btw) coming from the above historically meant that things fell into place more or less right. Yes, there were factions (within the Labour caucus) in play, people trying to influence the decision makers to not pursue their policies to 'save the country', but somehow the speed of the reforms were really fast anyway, and we avoided bankruptcy.

It could go the way of Rhodesia/Zimbabwe easily, mind you, but thats comparing apple with orange. As I have said above (regarding culture, prevalent attitude of those with influence, history, etc), many things affecting every single decision those who have the power to make a difference will choose to follow

So yeah there are other small things that can be included as factors. And although small, when stacked together, they can be pretty powerful, and can affect the final outcome of the event. Such is the beauty of NS storytelling/scenario, always new things out there to think about. Tis' why NS storytelling can never be boring (for me at least) :p
Last edited by Yohannes on Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Recon Empire
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Recon Empire » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:01 pm

Dear friends,

Someone posted an erection drug on my medicine company, was wondering if it is against the rules? I personally am not against it, but if it is against site rules (for any reason), I'd be happy to ignore it. Otherwise I don't mind adding it in as well. Can a mentor or mod direct me in this? I don't mind either way, I just want to be wary of site rules, lest my storefront gets locked. :)

Reference: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=316279&p=26972513#p26967958

Thanks!

Common Territories
Senator

Postby Common Territories » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:15 am

The Recon Empire wrote:Dear friends,

Someone posted an erection drug on my medicine company, was wondering if it is against the rules? I personally am not against it, but if it is against site rules (for any reason), I'd be happy to ignore it. Otherwise I don't mind adding it in as well. Can a mentor or mod direct me in this? I don't mind either way, I just want to be wary of site rules, lest my storefront gets locked. :)

Thanks!

No. PG-13 rules are for people clearly going over the line with writing or posting images that violate such guidelines. A drug for erections is not - it's a legitimate issue in the world and medication is used to help with this issue. As long as the post itself isn't a sneaky troll, there should be no issue. If you think it's questionable in any way I encourage you to report/question post in the Mod forum if you think it may be rule breaking, or if you want a legality ruling.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:14 am

have to say thats pretty funny though :p

New Aeyariss
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Aeyariss » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:22 pm

Common Territories wrote:
The Recon Empire wrote:Dear friends,

Thanks!

No. PG-13 rules are for people clearly going over the line with writing or posting images that violate such guidelines. A drug for erections is not - it's a legitimate issue in the world and medication is used to help with this issue. As long as the post itself isn't a sneaky troll, there should be no issue. If you think it's questionable in any way I encourage you to report/question post in the Mod forum if you think it may be rule breaking, or if you want a legality ruling.

Just wanted to say that erection drugs are commonly advertised on public media stations. Technically it is not anything that should be considered even breaching PG - 13 - face it, how many of us do not know what a male copulative organ is?

Issue isn't about about that, but when you are clearly breaching rules of good taste. To imply two people had sex isn't anything bad; contrary to popular legend, we weren't carried in here by storks. Only breach is when we begin to go into graphic details how how the act happened.

Thus I do not think that erection drug is anything actionable.
Rping in MT (2023) and PT/FanT (1564)

Inyourfaceistan wrote:You didn't know that Cusc is actually a 4-armed cyborg genius commander and skillful warrior created in secret by a cabal of rich capitalist financiers built to lead and army of drones and other renegades against and overbearing socialist regime?
Psalms 144:1 wrote:Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
Also known as El Cuscatlan, Jesus will offer you eternal life if you believe in him!

Nedvia
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 18, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nedvia » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:01 pm

What does "All Consuming" indicate as far as my economy is concerned?
"In the Soviet army...it takes more courage to retreat than to advance." ~ Josef Stalin

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:13 pm

Nedvia wrote:What does "All Consuming" indicate as far as my economy is concerned?

There was a thread asked by someone (a long time ago) that you might be interested looking at: click here

The Global Economics and Trade forum (the one we're posting under) is a part of the Diplomacy section of the NationStates forums. The Diplomacy & nation roleplaying/storytelling related section of the NationStates forums include the Factbook & National Information, NationStates, International Incidents, this forum, and the NSSports. Together with the World Assembly section (this is somewhat loose however) of the forum, they are a part of a large in character nation state roleplaying/storytelling community.

The 'All Consuming' characteristic of your economy is not the same as roleplaying/storytelling. It is a part of Gameplay - the actual management of your NationStates account from choosing issues, General Assembly resolutions' effects, etc. All consuming is a good thing, it means your economy is strong

However, as you're posting under the Global Economics & Trade forum, I thought maybe you'll be interested to know that you can roleplay/storytell/make stories about anything in relation to your fictional nation's economy. You don't have to follow the Gameplay ('All Consuming') display of your nation. You can pretend that your economy is strong, average, or even not doing so well at the moment.

This forum is a place where you can write stories/create threads about a fictional business/company/corporation/enterprise existing in your nation. You can also write stories/create threads about trade negotiations, treaties, and alliances you are doing with another nation, or perhaps that your friends in your region are doing at the moment. There are no rules, no set of guidelines, or anything that may restrict what you can or can't write

As this is the 'Global Economics and Trade' forum, however, it's recommended that you write about the above (economic related stuff)

Another person might be able to explain the separation of Gameplay and Roleplay better than I can. If you have any questions, there are people posting here with the title under their flag 'II Roleplay Mentor' (with a slightly light green bolded name). I would encourage for you to ask questions/telegrams about stuff that you are confused about to the II Roleplay Mentors, as their job is to help you out

Edit: another thread asking about Gameplay related economic stats of your account: click here. If you want to ask questions about Gameplay related economic stats (what you're asking now), your best bet is to not ask here, but [ there ] instead (click the 'there' word)
Last edited by Yohannes on Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Palisede
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Palisede » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:45 am

Firstly, if the question I post isn't relative to the questions asked here on this thread, I apologise in advance. Just looking to get some help on an issue

I have a question: In relation to GE&T subforum, if I don't have any sort of spending for a certain sector of government yet wish to "roleplay" in actually committing spending to that said sector, is it possible to do so? Or would I have to request a line of credit to pursue a acquisition?

Common Territories
Senator

Postby Common Territories » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:43 am

Palisede wrote:Firstly, if the question I post isn't relative to the questions asked here on this thread, I apologise in advance. Just looking to get some help on an issue

I have a question: In relation to GE&T subforum, if I don't have any sort of spending for a certain sector of government yet wish to "roleplay" in actually committing spending to that said sector, is it possible to do so? Or would I have to request a line of credit to pursue a acquisition?

GE&T is an IC forum where RP is used. Your NS stats do not have to have a part of your actions here. It is normal for people here to come up with their own stats and spending power rather then rely on NS stats (which are often credited as being a bit out there...). Anyways. You should come up with your own stats if possible, which would be better in the long run for your stat management. In terms of purchasing, it depends on the storefront. Some will allow credit, some wont, and some have already stated buying policies. You can also haggle with storefronts IC'ly to see if you can pay through payment plans or credit, which im sure most would accept.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade