NATION

PASSWORD

1000 AD (closed)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Aeyariss
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 26, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

1000 AD (closed)

Postby Aeyariss » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:13 pm

-snip-
Last edited by Aeyariss on Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:45 pm, edited 15 times in total.

Koeupa (Ancient)
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Koeupa (Ancient) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:39 pm

King Vassiley contemplated his position, his kingdom was small and his people were restless. The news of the pope calling for war was heard throughout the kingdom and many of his people were willing him to sanction a crusader effort to civilise the muslims.

He sent out riders to the christian kingdoms bordering him, to the rulers of The New Roman Empire, The Britannia Empire and the Quastrovian Republic. Each message read the same:

Fellow christians, our time is upon us. The pope has called that we spread the light of Christendom over these lands and I believe we should do so. I request all of your nations to gather a force of noble crusaders and unite together to rid our lands of these muslims! We also believe that the pagans to the north need to be civilised, but time will come for that.

I request that we have a mutual defence pact and peace deal where we will not go to war. I hope to hear from you all soon.

May god be with you,

Vassiley I

Minotzia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Minotzia » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:33 pm

A cool breeze came off of the waves as they crashed upon the cliffside. King Sergei Tymnoshenko stood on the edge of the rocky cliff and looked out over the water. It was overcast, and in the distance he could see dark storm clouds. To his back stood the great fortress of Navratilov, the domain of Count Zhalinkov. On the horizon he could see a small ship sailing towards his kingdom, bearing the colors of the Church. Turning away from the sea, Sergei started towards the castle.

Moments later, a squire ran down the grassy hill that led to the castle entrance and stopped in front of the Minotzian king. Bowing, he said, "Sir, I have come to deliver a message to you from the Count."

"Yes boy?" Sergei said gently.

"An emissary of the great Church," the squire said as he made the sign of the cross, "is here to see you." Sergei nodded and pat the boy on the shoulder, signaling that it was time for him to depart.

As Tymnoshenko entered the hall of Navratilov, he saw, dressed in full plate sans helmet, the Count Boris Zhalinkov. "My liege!" Boris called as he moved towards Sergei. The dim lighting of the torches and candles that covered the stone walls bounced dully off of the armor as he approached. "A messenger of the holy Church in Rome has delivered to me some unfortunate news. But I shall let him address it," the Count said as a small old man walked into the room.

Sergei turned towards the emissary and gestured for him to speak. "The Pope has decreed that all heathens must convert, or else face annihilation by God's people. We ask you, great King of Minotzia, to stand against our pagan foes and defeat them in just battle."

Unsettled by this sudden declaration of holy war, Sergei responded a bit reluctantly, "As it permits we pledge to stop foes of Christ, but there are threats both internal and external that must be brought down in order to deliver justice upon the true enemies of God. Followers of Islam are numerous, and other heathen empires control much of this land. Minotzia represents only a fraction of Christian might, and I believe we'd be better suited to unite under a common banner."

The messenger wasn't interested in hearing about regional politics, saying "Know this: only those who stand against the tyranny of paganism and the cruelty of heathens will be rewarded in the end." With that, the messenger said his goodbyes and departed for his ship. Sergei was unsure of what to do, as he was surrounded by all manner of foes, both heathen and Christian. Perhaps it would be better to wait and see what the response of the other kingdoms were, and to stay out of the fighting for now. Deciding on a course of neutrality for the moment, Sergei pressed on into the dark chambers of the castle, and plotted the destruction of the pagans in his own lands...

Aeyariss
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Dialogue Mode

Postby Aeyariss » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:34 pm

-snip-
Last edited by Aeyariss on Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Itailian Maifias
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 15, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Itailian Maifias » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:48 pm

King Mark contemplated his situation. He had recieved word from the Vatican to "purge" al heathan lands. Yet he was hesitant on attacking. While Gallia was strong, they were surrounded by enemies, and he was worried a war would backfire completly. He also had yet to hear from any of the other Chirstian nations. He called over his must trusted advisor and friend, General Belisarus, Comander of his military." What do you think I should do, old friend?"If it were I sir, I would seek to gain as many allies as possible.(King)" Alright, send out riders to Britainnia, Aeyariss, and Turtw. Offer an allinace to them all. The King dismissed the General and retired for the night
The Kingdom of Hibernia [FT]| The Empire of Britain [E2] | The Kappan Dominion [SWG]
Your Local Peculiarity in the Southern Beta Quadrant
" You hypocritical Venetian bastard "
" Intentions pave a certain road, outcomes are what matter."
For Minnysota
Come here ya' Frenchie. The only Viking fan I ever liked.
For Reformed Britannia
Remember, remember the Plight of Sir Roberts
For Gibet
Vorwärts Für Immer

Aeyariss
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Dialogue Mode

Postby Aeyariss » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:34 pm

-snip-
Last edited by Aeyariss on Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Windica
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 15, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Windica » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:59 pm

The Empire of Brittania

The Emperor just finished his breakfast when Duke Isinic, his friend and advisor, dropped two sealed letters in front of him.

"What's this?" the Emperor asked, picking the scroll up and reading it.

"It's a message from the Vatican, apparently," Isinic said. He looked over his friend's shoulder, and said, "The Pope demands that we make war with the Islamic and Pagan nations. I guess," looking away from the letter, "that with the news of the Great Old One's death, the Vatican viewed this as a chance to expand its influence in the continent. I also received news from Brittanian traders in Dimoniquid that there are calls from the Abbasid Caliphate to make war on us Christian countries.

"Hmm. We are in a very dangerous position, Your Highness. The Batory Empire and Grand Dumnonia directly borders us, and I am sure, with rising tensions in the continent, they have allied themselves to each other. I suggest that we maintain cordial relations with these two. For Dimoniquid, it is also highly unadvisable to wage war against such a superpower. I know that we are the most populous, most armed among the Christian and Pagan nations; but the Dimoniquid Empire is far larger and extremely powerful. I therefore advise you to just keep a watch on Quastrovia and Turtw, since they border the Dimoniquid Empire, and highly susceptible to attack from the Muslims."

Edward nodded. "Meanwhile, I shall try to keep cordial relations between the nations of these continent." He then picked up the other message, the one which came from a mounted Koeupan warrior. He read it, and sighed. "I was afraid that the war-fever would spread like wildfire in the continent. Get me a quill and parchment Isinic. Thank you. Now, then, let's see..."

Greetings, fellow monarch!

We have not yet decided if we shall attack Muslim lands, and I appreciate the effort you are placing to keep peace between our nations, despite the death of the Great Old One. A mutual defence pact is highly recommended, due to the fact that the Muslims are also marshalling their armies, and a peace deal is suitable, so that we shall not be divided by this chaos. However, may I advise Your Highness that military actions against the Muslims are very premature. I say we wait for them to take the initiative of attack, cry treason, and then attack. We will be your willing allies, if such an invasion from the Muslims occur on your land.

May God be also with you,

Emperor Edward III

Immediately after finishing this letter, another mounted warrior, looking travel-weary, entered with a noble of Brittania. He introduced himself as an emissary of Gallia, and he had been on the path here for several days, for he cannot afford to be spotted by Batorian subjects, lest he is recognized as a Gallic soldier.

"Sir, King Mark of Gallia wishes you good health and long life. I am here to suggest an alliance between Gallia and Brittania. As you are no doubt aware, we are surrounded with the Pagan nations of Grand Dumnonia and Batory Empire, and though we are willing to battle with them for the sake of Christianity, we are afraid of the consequences. Battling two countries at the same time is a very serious business, you know."

"Hmm. I think it is premature to wage war against the Pagans. However, we accept your offer, and may the Almighty God bless you on your journey back. If it may, since we still have neutral, if not strained, relations with Batory, I request that you take off your outfit and travel with a caravan back to Gallia, for your safety. Do not worry, your belongings will travel with you, and I am sure my traders will be willing to take you as passenger. Take this note that I shall pay for your passage." With that, he bade the rider goodbye.

Turning to Isinic, the Emperor said, "For now, my dear friend, we should begin marshalling our armies so that we can repel any attack. I will also put out a decree that every able man, of eighteen years old and above, should be armed, and each township in the Empire shall have a militia unit. The great cities, such as Chronoa, shall have a garrison to defend it."
The Far-Reaching Holy Empire of Windica
Cartographer General of Absolution
Factbook-My Political Compass
Overseas Territories(MT)
Imperial Autonomous Domain of Windican Antilles
Imperial Autonomous Domain of Windican India
Autonomous Facilities of the Empire
The International University of Windica Academia
The Corporate Republic of Windica Corporation

Itailian Maifias
Postmaster-General

Postby Itailian Maifias » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:22 pm

King Mark sat in his throne room. He had recieved reports from Britannia and Aeyariss, confirming the alliance. He then called his most trused advisors, General Belisarus, General Lynch, Prince Valiern, and Duke Felboria. No sooner had he finished his thought then the door was opened and in walked the advisors. All of them chose to gather around the King except for his son who opted for a bench." My friends welcome. I wish we gather today on better circumstances. I have asked you to come, for your advice and help. What shall we do?"(Belisarus)" Sir, I suggest immeditly start recuriting. While we may have a strong military, we need all we can get, espically Dragon Knights.(Lynch)" Sir, while I agree we need to recurit, the Knights are not the only ones who are lacking in numbers. The recent border clashes drained my calvary core. I do have a solution though. A order of knights, Order of the Wolf, has offered to pledge their allegance to us. If we do go to war, we will need them.(Felboria)" Sir, I have to request more fyrd. My kingdom borders the Batory, and if they invade we need all the guards we can get. Also, we will need to protect Caltoria with all costs. Ninety percent of all smiths in the kingdom reside and work there. If it falls, it would deal a fatal blow to the military.(King)" Very well, I thank you all for your advice, and now issue the following commands. Belisarus, begin a recuriting for your knights, we will need them. Lynch, tell the Order to send a ambassador to me to discuss the details of this alliance. Also, I want you to strengthen the border. Do not fail me in this Lynch. Felboria, I want you to strenghthen the city of Caltoria. Increase the wall strength, build fortifications, increase the guard.You are all now dismissed, except for my son. I would like you to stay a bit longer Valiern." The advisors excused themselves and rushed to follow the King's biddings." My son, I have a special task for you. Since you command my Kingdom's Ranger Corp, I want you to do the following. Take a group of your men, and scout out enemy defenses along all of our borders. If a attack is coming, I want to be ready."(Valiern) Of course father, it shall be done. I shall return in two months time with your reports." The Prince walked out of the room, and the King fell into his throne. He could not believe what was on the verge of happening. The peace his father, Leonardo, had fought to preserve was disaperating by the day. Mark secertly hoped, this would not result in war.
The Kingdom of Hibernia [FT]| The Empire of Britain [E2] | The Kappan Dominion [SWG]
For Minnysota
For Reformed Britannia
For Gibet
Vorwärts Für Immer

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:22 pm

Koeupa wrote:
Fellow christians, our time is upon us. The pope has called that we spread the light of Christendom over these lands and I believe we should do so. I request all of your nations to gather a force of noble crusaders and unite together to rid our lands of these muslims! We also believe that the pagans to the north need to be civilised, but time will come for that.

I request that we have a mutual defence pact and peace deal where we will not go to war. I hope to hear from you all soon.

May god be with you,

Vassiley I

"Imperator, there is a message for you from the.... Heretics to the West. Their rebellious and schismatic Bishop calls us to come to their aid." A younger man clad in the latest fashion presented the message to Emperor Euphemius. Glancing over it, he nodded gravely. "Even so. A military alliance would be of great benefit, and by offering our support, in name only, we can play our enemies against each other." The younger man bowed. "Of course, my Imperator. You are as wise as you are powerful."

To King Vassilley,

Your proposal intrigues us. Though you are heretics, it is better for a heretic to reign over a land than an infidel. This... Crusade you speak of, however, has no doctrinal basis according to the Patriarch, so our venture in the matter shall be purely of secular interest. You may count on our military support in your venture.

True Emperor and Defender of the Faith, Ruler by the Grace of God, Euphemius Genecos
Last edited by Conserative Morality on Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Aeyariss
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aeyariss » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:55 pm

-snip-
Last edited by Aeyariss on Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Windica
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Windica » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:29 pm

Chronoa, Brittania

It seems that the western countries, those who are first in line should the Dimoniquid Empire advance their cause, are preparing for war. Although not really in direct danger, Brittania is also threatened should Quastrovia fall; it would place the Dimoniquid at a location where it can take over the rest of the continent. Now, however, the Emperor turned his attention to the states in the East, for certainly, there would be a potential ally there. The Emperor sent a messenger to each of the Eastern states--New Roman Empire, Aeyariss, Minotzia, and Nogolieaha.

To: Whomever it may concern

Greetings in the name of the Lord!

We have received news that the Dimoniquid Empire is planning a holy war against the Christian countries of the continent. It is rather inadvisable that we declare war immediately, of course, but in this state of affairs, we would like to have help handy if we ever need it. I therefore suggest that we bind ourselves diplomatically against any threat to peace. If you have any questions, feel free to ask by this messenger.

Peace be with you always,
Emperor Edward III
Last edited by Windica on Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Overseas Territories(MT)

The Batorys
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Batorys » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:05 am

The Empress brooded over recent news, seated on the Throne of Bones. A petitioner was asking for something, but her thoughts were elsewhere. The paranoid zeal of her Christian neighbors would likely be bringing war soon. She knew that hated man, the one the Christians called the Pope, had called for the destruction of both the Islamic Empire to the southwest and her own dominion. Never mind that the Batorys had been ruling an empire for thousands of years when the Christian' kings' ancestors were scrabbling in the dirt. They cared not for history or tradition, but wanted to bend the whole world to the will of that horrible man with the funny hat. She mused on sending a hand (group of five) of assassins to eliminate him, but another would simply take his place. Besides, it would be far too obvious that she was behind it. Though she and her predecessors had always been careful to limit how much information potential enemies got about her family's empire, by now most would know that the Batorys maintained an elite group of assassins. No, much better to wait to use them until they were truly needed. She hoped that wouldn't be soon. The Batory Empire had not expanded in quite some time, and the current Empress had no plans to change the policy of peace. If only her neighbors were similarly minded.

With a sigh, Anastazia agreed to the petitioner's request. Her husband (one of two), standing at her side. bent down, a concerned look on his face. "My love, he is a Christian asking for approval to build a larger church in the capital," he whispered, knowing that she hadn't really been paying attention. The man was aware of his wife's distaste for Abrahamic religions, especially Christianity.

The moroii woman nodded. "Yes, I know." She hate Christianity's apparent call to convert the entire world and destroy unbelievers, or at least, they acted as if that's what their religion was about. The Empress had read their book, and couldn't find the section about that bit, but then, she was no Christian. In any case, she saw it as an inherently destructive ideology. However, some were better than others. It wasn't as if the religion was illegal, just not encouraged, unlike the native pagan faith. "It won't do any harm to throw them a bone. They'll be grateful, and our neighbors won't be able to say we're oppressing their poor fellow Jesus worshipers if we can point to the fact that they have a large church in Sarkanotthon." This satisfied her husband's curiosity.

After the petitioner had gone, Anastazia turned to her husband... or one of them, rather, as the other was in the provinces currently. "Bjorn, my dear," she began. "Get me four fast riders... light cavalry should do."

Four messages went out that day.

The first was to the empire's immediate neighbor to the east, Grand Dumnonia.

"To King Petroc III,

Surely the recent declaration by that Pope figure has drawn your attention. His vitriol seems mostly directed towards Muslim Dimoniquid, but our dominions are mentioned as well. Should his monotheistic sheep heed the call to fight us over spiritual matters, we will lose if we don't stand together. We therefore propose a defensive alliance between Grand Dumnonia and the Batory Empire. Fine histories we might have, but pride will not save us from Christian aggression.
-Empress Anastazia Batory"

"To Jibad Hujash,

The Christians' Pope has recently declared that we must be exterminated. We may not have seen eye to eye on a number of issues, what with we being pagans and you worshiping your Allah, but it would not benefit us to be at each other's throats during this time of Christian expansionism. Therefore, we propose to make a pact of peace with each other, each empire pledging not to act aggressively toward the other.

And next, surprisingly...

"To King Mark Da Vinci,

No matter what the Pope might say, Christians are not oppressed in the least within our Empire. Missionaries are free to come and go as they like, and preach their gospel, so long as they do not seek to harm the Empire. Nor do we covet your lands. You are our neighbor, and though certainly ready and vigilant if bloodletting should occur, we would prefer to live in peace with you. We request a meeting between either your highness and ourselves, or representatives of each throne, to further discuss neighborly matters.

"To Emperor Euphemius Genecos,

As you probably know, the Pope has called on Christians to destroy, among others, our dominion. We are aware that while sharing the same deity, the New Roman Empire does not share the same earthly spiritual leader as some of our neighbors. We would discourage your dominion from joining this 'crusade,' as not only would it be a bloody, morbid affair with an astronomical death toll, but there is no reason for it, at least not for invasion of the Batory Empire. Christians are not persecuted here, but free to believe and worship as they like, though most of our citizens are pagans. If this pope, who you call a heretic, says otherwise, he is lying. We think that not only can our dominions coexist, but can prosper together. If it please you, we would like to arrange a meeting between us, or representatives of each.
-Empress Anastazia Batory."

Four riders departed that day. Hopefully they'd make it to their destinations. And hopefully their messages would be well received. Knowing that all there was to do now was wait, Empress Anastazia ended court audiences early and withdrew to her chamber with one of her husbands, to disrobe and relieve stress.
Mallorea and Riva should resign
This is an alternate history version of Callisdrun.
Here is the (incomplete) Factbook
Ask me about The Forgotten Lands!
Pro: Feminism, environmentalism, BLM, LGBTQUILTBAG, BDSM, unions, hyphy, Lenin, Ho Chi Minh, Oakland, old San Francisco, the Alliance to Restore the Republic, and fully automated gay luxury space communism
Anti: Misogyny, fossil fuels, racism, homophobia, kink-shaming, capitalism, LA, Silicon Valley, techies, Brezhnev, the Galactic Empire, and the "alt-right"

Itailian Maifias
Postmaster-General

Postby Itailian Maifias » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:25 am

King Da Vinci was eating lunch in the Royal Dining Hall when a Ranger suddenly burst into the room. With him was a strange looking horseman."What is the meaning of this intrusion Ranger? You better explain why you and this stranger are here."(Ranger) Sir we caught this man riding across the border in the early hours of this morning.We caught up to him, and found a message on him bearing the seal of the Batory Empire.They are requesting we send someone over to negiotate with them.What would you ike to do, sir?" King Da Vinvi put the tomato he was eating back on the plate and turned around to face the messanger."Rider, you message has been recieved, tell your leader she can expect someone soon."The rider took his leave, and hurried to his horse and back on his way to Batory."Ranger, send for my sons Prnce Kairen, and Prince Nostro.Tell them they are to come here immeditly."Yes, sir. I will track them down as soon as possible.King Da Vinci slowly finished his meal, pondering what he should do.
For Minnysota
For Reformed Britannia
For Gibet
Vorwärts Für Immer

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:12 am

The Batorys wrote:"To Emperor Euphemius Genecos,

As you probably know, the Pope has called on Christians to destroy, among others, our dominion. We are aware that while sharing the same deity, the New Roman Empire does not share the same earthly spiritual leader as some of our neighbors. We would discourage your dominion from joining this 'crusade,' as not only would it be a bloody, morbid affair with an astronomical death toll, but there is no reason for it, at least not for invasion of the Batory Empire. Christians are not persecuted here, but free to believe and worship as they like, though most of our citizens are pagans. If this pope, who you call a heretic, says otherwise, he is lying. We think that not only can our dominions coexist, but can prosper together. If it please you, we would like to arrange a meeting between us, or representatives of each.
-Empress Anastazia Batory."

Four riders departed that day. Hopefully they'd make it to their destinations. And hopefully their messages would be well received. Knowing that all there was to do now was wait, Empress Anastazia ended court audiences early and withdrew to her chamber with one of her husbands, to disrobe and relieve stress.

"Mmm. My Imperator, it seems that the Pagans are pleading for us to stay out of this Crusade." Euphemius smiled. "I expected as much. Calling for a meeting?" The younger man bowed. "They are indeed. Your wisdom knows no bounds, Imperator. Should I arrange it?" The Emperor leaned on the side of his throne. "Of course. Set it up in this Empire, Rabiena on the coast, perhaps? I have a sufficiently impressive Palace there, not to mention it's quite close to one of our Winter camps. Bluffing is, after all, two thirds of statesmanship, and to make them believe that we are not only rich, but also powerful..." The young noble finished for him. "Would have these pagans exercise caution or display submission when dealing with our Empire." The Emperor smiled at the younger noble. "You're learning quickly Appius." He added in a joking manner "Keep this up and I may have to adopt you for the throne." Appius laughed as much as would be appropriate. After all, two-thirds of statesmanship is bluffing.

To the Pagan Ruler Anastazia Batory;

Our venture in this matter is not against you, nor is it a religious Crusade, at least not from our perspective. However, perhaps there needs to be a deeper examination of matters. I cordially invite you to a Palace I have in the city of Rabiena, it is a sufficiently large city and any merchant within a thousand miles will know of it. There we can discuss diplomatic terms of our Empire and your Kingdom. You may bring along any guards or aides that you wish to have attend you.

True Emperor and Defender of the Faith, Ruler of the One Empire by the Grace of God, Euphemius Genecos
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.

The Batorys
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Batorys » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:12 pm

Though it had not actually been that long, it felt like forever since the messengers had departed when two returned. The first came from Gallia, bearing news that representatives from that domain would be coming soon. This pleased the Empress greatly, as her neighbors to the west were at least willing to talk. While it wouldn't do to appear weak, she wanted it known that by no means did her empire desire war with any of its neighbors, currently. Regional peace hung in the balance.

The second messenger, back from the New Roman Empire, delivered more problematic tidings. Anastazia tried not to grimace when she read that they'd addressed her as "pagan ruler," and referred to the Empire as a "kingdom," both calculated insults. She thought about correcting them in her response, but decided against it. They knew as well as she did that the Batory clan, the imperial family of the Empire, was matriarchal and that their empire was vast. They were merely trying to get under her skin, to see how easily she angered over trivial matters.

Quickly, she penned a response.

"To Christian Ruler Euphemius Genecos,

It pleases us to hear that hostility between our empires seems unlikely. There is some business we must attend to before embarking on such a journey, for the route to Rabiena is long and somewhat dangerous. Measures must be taken to ensure safe passage. My kinswoman Roka Darvul will serve as a herald to announce my impending arrival.

Pro: Feminism, environmentalism, BLM, LGBTQUILTBAG, BDSM, unions, hyphy, Lenin, Ho Chi Minh, Oakland, old San Francisco, the Alliance to Restore the Republic, and fully automated gay luxury space communism
Anti: Misogyny, fossil fuels, racism, homophobia, kink-shaming, capitalism, LA, Silicon Valley, techies, Brezhnev, the Galactic Empire, and the "alt-right"

Windica
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Windica » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:46 pm

The Emperor, wishing to keep peaceful status with the Batory and Grand Dumnonia, sent the rulers this message:
Greetings!

As you have noticed, for the past few days, tensions have arose between many countries in the continent. May I request that to keep the peace, we all stand as one, united like old times, against the threat of war hanging over the continent. I know that we do not share the same beliefs, but hear me--it will be more safe and profitable for all of us to keep our peaceful relationships.

Yours,

Emperor Edward III
Emperor of Brittania
Overseas Territories(MT)

Dimoniquid
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 10, 2009
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Dimoniquid » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:31 am

The king had recieved the letter, sending the messenger away. "This is an outrage! Allah will not be pleased."
"Of course sir. I must say, because we have the largest military stance throughout the continent, I suggest we declare war on the Christian pope. It would be what Allah wants." His advisor said, bowing down. Jibad brushed the chain across his face, and ate a grape. After a few minutes he decided the fate. "Send a message to the Empress of the Batory Empire. You there, boy, prepare your horse. You will be sent to the Batory Empire."

To Empress Anastazia Batory,

Your message has been received. Me and my advisors are concerned about the Christian Pope's decision. Since we have the largest military, we will start to declare war on the Pope if anything were to happen to my Empire, or the other Empires that sustain a religion that differs from theirs and ours. I hope this message meets you well. Please send the boy back - his family needs him.

Emperor Jibad Hujash.

He finished the parchment, rolled it up, and gave it to the boy. He rushed over to his horse, and sent it into his satchel. After that, he jumped on, and headed for the Batory Empire.

Aeyariss
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aeyariss » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:14 am

Chief Advisor: Sire, it has started.

King: The Sultan?

Chief Advisor: An probably the Batorians as well.

King: This is the most unfortunate of events...very well, if this is how it has turned to, then we shall answer the Vatican's decree; Aeyariss we shall go to war.

1. A messenger hawk has been sent to the Aeyariss Embassy in Dominiquid, the Ambassador reached for it, opened it and read the contents with such a heavy heart. The ambassador decided to meet with the ruler, surrending his life to God, knowing that perhaps the Sultan would have him beheaded.

Ambassador: Sultan Jibad Hujash, we hereby declare war on you.
Last edited by Aeyariss on Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dimoniquid
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 10, 2009
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Dimoniquid » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:38 am

"So be it. Guards, kill this man." Hujash said, turning away, and walking to his chambers. The guard revealed their swords, and walked towards the ambassador. "And get our army ready. We go to war."

Ryu dai Shivarrii,
This foolishness will end. You may send your best knights and men - but I have the advantage, since I have the defense and land on my side. You, however... well. You are known for being a cold nation. The heat from mine will exhaust you, and you shall tremble before the mighty force of us, and Allah!

Sultan Jibad Hujash.

After Jibad finished with his signature, he rolled up the parchment. "Get me a hawk. One who flies to the Aeyariss kingdom."

Aeyariss
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

THE WAR

Postby Aeyariss » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:42 am

The King: We still don’t have any standing treaty with other nations with our bordera as of yet, so we cannot simply to assume that they will allow our troops to use land route for our invasion. The best options, we do what we are already best at; a massive naval invasion. We cut through the sea – we bring the fight directly to their homeland.

Admiral Kajalun: Sire, we have the seasonal monsoon wind on our favour. The wind will be blowing from the North East to the South West for several months. That should give our fleet a bigger advantage.

Prince Shora: How big will this invasion fleet be?

Admiral Kajalun: We’re sending the 3rd Fleet first, they’ve been training hard for the past few months and they’re ready. A total of 280 warships…for now. Our shipyard are working over the glock, in around 2 to 3 more months we should be able to build another 100 more.

Prince Shora: We’re just sending ¼ of the fleet? Would that be enough ?

The King: We’re not planning to land an invasion force just yet, these fleet will be stationed just out side their waters. Forming a naval blockade of their ports. With the winds on our back, their navy would be so much having a hard time sailing against the wind.

Prince Shora: A force of 280 warships? That would take about 40,000 men.

Admiral Kajalun: Yes, we are also rising the number s of our armies. With this war, more and more Christian men decided to join our armies.

Prince Shora: Then, I have several suggestions to made to this fleet. I may have something that could enhance our firepower.

The King: Good, then you shall be the commander of this fleet Prince Shora. Kajalun will assist you.

Prince Shora: Very well father. I shall go to the sea at once.

Chief Advisor: Sire, I think this is the best time for us to find more friends. I shall contact our other christian friends.
Last edited by Aeyariss on Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

Itailian Maifias
Postmaster-General

Postby Itailian Maifias » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:36 am

OOC: I was under the impression we had a treaty Aeyariss
For Minnysota
For Reformed Britannia
For Gibet
Vorwärts Für Immer

Aeyariss
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aeyariss » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:06 am

Code: Select all
TO:     GALLIA

I am sure at this momen that your King has been informed that the Muslims has decided to wage war and now has been consulting with Batory Empire of the possibilities to wage war. Aeyariss, noted, though Gallia military forces is sufficient to defend your home country fighting a two front war - should the Muslims invaded, and the Batory join forces - let just say; Aeyariss do not wish to see a strong Christian forces in this land destroyed, as that would have make a terrible psychological disadvantage for the rest.

We are, as of now, marshalling a force strong enough to form a blockade of the Dominiquid region. The misunderstanding now is that, Aeyariss could not move our troops across Nogolieaha and the Brittania without entering into a military alliance first, as such actions would be seen as an act of war. Not that Aeyariss did not have any alliance with any other nations.

Thank you,

Itailian Maifias
Postmaster-General

Postby Itailian Maifias » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:24 pm

" Sir, we the Muslims have declared war, and at this moment are consulting Batory. What are your orders?' Belisarus had burst into the Throne Room, spitting out his speech." I doubt the Batory will attack. My son Karien will soon arrive at their capital to talk about an treaty. As for the Muslims, has my son, Varien, reported back yet?"No sir, no word from him. However Prince Nostro says that his army is ready. Very well, deploy his army to the Muslim border. Also, deploy 500 of your Dragon Knights to the border city of Carusa. Yes, sir.
Nostro's Army:

2000 Fryd
3000 Skrmishers
1000 Dragon Knights

Actions:
1) 1000 Dragon Knights are recurited
2) 3000 Fyrd are recurited.
3) Gallia is now at war with the Muslim
For Minnysota
For Reformed Britannia
For Gibet
Vorwärts Für Immer

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:46 pm

The Batorys wrote:
"To Christian Ruler Euphemius Genecos,

It pleases us to hear that hostility between our empires seems unlikely. There is some business we must attend to before embarking on such a journey, for the route to Rabiena is long and somewhat dangerous. Measures must be taken to ensure safe passage. My kinswoman Roka Darvul will serve as a herald to announce my impending arrival.

"My Imperator, another message from the Batorian ruler. She seems amiable to a meeting, although she will be delayed in arriving." Euphemius idled studied a large painting behind his throne. "Almost like a background, isn't it" He muttered, lost in thought. Appius looked puzzled and put down the message. "Sir?" Euphemius spread his hands out in a grand gesture. "The Resurrection of Christ. A rebirth, a revival of the Romans, of Roman power, Roman glory, and Roman arms!" He turned with style, his own robes taking a moment to catch up to him. "A very fitting background for the seat of the Emperor himself, don't you think?" Appius agreed almost immediately. "Of course, Imperator, but the message...?" Euphemius, evidently pleased with his own presentation, sat down on his throne with a self-satisfied grin on his face. "What more is there to do? We merely have to wait."

"Well, there is something else, Imperator. Several Nations, Christian and Muslim, appear to be going to war. There is some amount of fear among your court that they will attempt to pass through our Most Holy Empire..." Euphemius frowned. "Indeed, I suppose that is poor tidings for us all. Mobilize the main Militia, chosen by skill and recommendation by assigned Drill Sergeants." The noble bowed. "Of course, Imperator. Is there anything else?"

"Yes. Inform the cook that he is to prepare a banquet for two. I shall inform the Empress personally." Appius bowed again, and walked out the door without turning his back on the Emperor. The other third of Statesmanship, is, after all, judgement.

The Batorys
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Batorys » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:24 pm

Dimoniquid wrote:The king had recieved the letter, sending the messenger away. "This is an outrage! Allah will not be pleased."
"Of course sir. I must say, because we have the largest military stance throughout the continent, I suggest we declare war on the Christian pope. It would be what Allah wants." His advisor said, bowing down. Jibad brushed the chain across his face, and ate a grape. After a few minutes he decided the fate. "Send a message to the Empress of the Batory Empire. You there, boy, prepare your horse. You will be sent to the Batory Empire."

To Empress Anastazia Batory,

Your message has been received. Me and my advisors are concerned about the Christian Pope's decision. Since we have the largest military, we will start to declare war on the Pope if anything were to happen to my Empire, or the other Empires that sustain a religion that differs from theirs and ours. I hope this message meets you well. Please send the boy back - his family needs him.

Emperor Jibad Hujash.

He finished the parchment, rolled it up, and gave it to the boy. He rushed over to his horse, and sent it into his satchel. After that, he jumped on, and headed for the Batory Empire.

Recent developments made the message from Jibad Hujash of Dimoniquid more dire. Since it had been sent, Aeyariss and the muslim empire had gone to war. Anastazia had to carefully consider her options. Since the Christian kingdom was quite far away, they would have to move their forces by sea. A blockade of Dimoniquid's ports seemed likely, and that would have a very negative impact on the Empire's trade and economy, even if she decided not to go to war. Carefully, the moroii ruler penned a reply:

"To Emperor Jibad Hujash,

As much kindness as we bear towards your empire, we have decided not to go to war at this time. However, we will continue the profitable trade our dominions have heretofore enjoyed. In fact, due to the likely hardship your empire faces, we will increase our efforts to get goods to Dimoniquid, and will not tolerate any attempts by Aeyariss to hinder our efforts to have commerce, either by land or by sea. We will also reduce the price of any wares being sent to your military. While not strictly necessary, as we have no doubt that your empire is not lacking in funds, we want to assist your fight against the invaders in ways we can.

This pope figure is most troublesome. Perhaps he should be dealt with.

She had made a lot of promises, but planned to fulfill them. Sorvik, Novikas and Tveitan clan warships, both longships and rams, would safeguard the passage of merchant vessels to Dimoniquid. While the war was not really the Empire's concern, she would tolerate no interference in the Batory Empire's trade.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents