NATION

PASSWORD

2014 II Rper of the Year awards: Nomination and discussion

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Hannait
Attaché

Founded: Aug 15, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Hannait » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:03 pm

The greater Vakolicci Haven wrote:edit done.

In the case of the invalid nominations for the II new rper of the year, could the person (or one of the people) who nominated said person please varify when they started rping please?

I didn't realize that Neornith was so new. Consider him added to my new-RPer nomination, please.
Note: I constantly godmod, non-stop. Please excuse that because I deserve special treatment.
Note Two: I apply scientific equations to Pokémon.

Economic Left/Right: 3.14
Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2i

Trans|Work: Hataria was right!

The Ben Boys
Senator

Founded: Apr 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Ben Boys » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:52 pm

Huerdae wrote:

In the case of the invalid nominations for the II new rper of the year, could the person (or one of the people) who nominated said person please varify when they started rping please?
I'm fairly sure you missed a nomination for Xis. Both myself and Ben Boys nominated him.

I count three for Xiscapia (Ayariss, Huerdae, and myself).

I've been keeping track just so I can see him get into the competition. I want to see him getting the recognition that I he deserves as well as what epic posts they'll choose for him. Also glad to see FT representing itself here, and look forward to the voting process.

There's lots of talent in this competition, it's going to be tough to choose between two incredible candidates even in the early rounds.

"Both Religion and science require a belief in God. For believers, God is in the beginning, and for physicists He is at the end of all considerations"-Max Planck

Packers Nation

Tiami
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 24, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tiami » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:55 pm

The Ben Boys wrote:
Huerdae wrote:I'm fairly sure you missed a nomination for Xis. Both myself and Ben Boys nominated him.

I count three for Xiscapia (Ayariss, Huerdae, and myself).

I've been keeping track just so I can see him get into the competition. I want to see him getting the recognition that I he deserves as well as what epic posts they'll choose for him. Also glad to see FT representing itself here, and look forward to the voting process.

There's lots of talent in this competition, it's going to be tough to choose between two incredible candidates even in the early rounds.

I will forward this. The amount of talent being nominated this year is phenomenal. It's especially exciting to see FT getting the respect it deserves compared to last year's competition.
Founder of TETism and on/off 18-year NS vet. Call me Chris.
|| All things II RP-related || Discord: nstiami || FN&I General Help ||
|| IIWiki || ANI News || Military Worldbuilding || RPing Questions? Ask Here! ||
|| Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3 || The Best Quote ||

Draica
Senator

Founded: Feb 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Draica » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:57 pm

The North Pacific League wrote:Nation Name: The North Pacific League
Region: NeoConfederate States of America

2014 International Incidents RPer of the Year Nomination:

1. Barsovich
2. Waldensia
3. Demidia

2014 New RPer of the Year Nomination:

1. Draica
2. Kiribati-Tarawa
3. Emmeria

(Clarification: I'll sort out the order of creation of the these nations but then again I'm still not sure when they started RPing since I'm "new" myself (I was on NS years ago but was gone for a very long time); I'd just like to nominate them all.

Also so far this thread seems to be almost all FT which is kinda weird.)

Thank you for the nomination, it means so much to me (:
Draica is a Federal Republic nation ran by conservatives and Libertarians! If you ever wanna rp a state visit, a war, a debate with one of my leaders or a conservative/libertarian philosopher, or just wanna tg me in general(I like TGs) drop me a TG!
Allies: Pantorrum, Korgenstin, Zebraltar, Kiribati-Tarawa, Democratic Sabha. Idoa, Allaena, Lledia.
Enemies: Arkania 5, any communist nation, Drakorvanyia.
Wars:

The Draican-Arkanian war: On-going

The Waldensian-Draican-Kiribati Cold War: Won. Dissolution of Communist Government in Waldensia

The Draican-Die erworbenen Namen war: Draica successfully defended, retaliation called off.

The greater Vakolicci Haven
Senator

Founded: Dec 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The greater Vakolicci Haven » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:05 pm

I have decided to open up this thread to discussions of the nominations, as the issues with keeping up with posts have not been as bad as I expected.
RIP Vakolic, 08/08/2009-29/12/2013, unjustly deleted.
Population: 9.6 billion (to be added to current population of this nation)
Last known defence budget: 82.2 trillion
Last known gdp: $423.2 trillion (nstracker)
For other stats, please tg.
the greater Vakolicci Haven
Can be found in:
sondria
greysteel
varathron
tyrrhenia

The Ben Boys
Senator

Founded: Apr 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Ben Boys » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:14 pm

The greater Vakolicci Haven wrote:I have decided to open up this thread to discussions of the nominations, as the issues with keeping up with posts have not been as bad as I expected.

Thanks, didn't want to threadjack so I was about to suggest opening up/expanding the thread.

Tiami wrote:-snip-

When I first joined, FT was fairly large but didn't have the quality that it sustains right now. Since then, the FT community has gotten smaller, however it's players are more active and have exceptional quality, some even out of the gate. Don't even get me started on these nations they're creating: I'm a factbook freak, and from what I see this material is new, fresh, and puts a whole new spin on FT that I find unfathomable compared to where we were a year or two ago.

Congrats FT, you're doing pretty good.

"Both Religion and science require a belief in God. For believers, God is in the beginning, and for physicists He is at the end of all considerations"-Max Planck

Packers Nation

Draica
Senator

Founded: Feb 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Draica » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:16 pm

The Ben Boys wrote:
The greater Vakolicci Haven wrote:I have decided to open up this thread to discussions of the nominations, as the issues with keeping up with posts have not been as bad as I expected.

Thanks, didn't want to threadjack so I was about to suggest opening up/expanding the thread.

When I first joined, FT was fairly large but didn't have the quality that it sustains right now. Since then, the FT community has gotten smaller, however it's players are more active and have exceptional quality, some even out of the gate. Don't even get me started on these nations they're creating: I'm a factbook freak, and from what I see this material is new, fresh, and puts a whole new spin on FT that I find unfathomable compared to where we were a year or two ago.

FT is where some of the best RPers are. Just setting that out there.
Draica is a Federal Republic nation ran by conservatives and Libertarians! If you ever wanna rp a state visit, a war, a debate with one of my leaders or a conservative/libertarian philosopher, or just wanna tg me in general(I like TGs) drop me a TG!
Allies: Pantorrum, Korgenstin, Zebraltar, Kiribati-Tarawa, Democratic Sabha. Idoa, Allaena, Lledia.
Enemies: Arkania 5, any communist nation, Drakorvanyia.
Wars:

The Draican-Arkanian war: On-going

The Waldensian-Draican-Kiribati Cold War: Won. Dissolution of Communist Government in Waldensia

The Draican-Die erworbenen Namen war: Draica successfully defended, retaliation called off.

Tiami
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 24, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tiami » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:27 pm

The Ben Boys wrote:

I can't disagree with your statement. I have always been PT and MT, but with all the recent successes in FT, I have slowly, yet successfully, been creating an FT nation of my own. I do feel, however, that the tech that receives little attention is PT. It shouldn't be overshadowed by MT-FT. Overall though, the nominations for FTers are deserving of the talent oozing out of the tech level.
Founder of TETism and on/off 18-year NS vet. Call me Chris.
|| All things II RP-related || Discord: nstiami || FN&I General Help ||
|| IIWiki || ANI News || Military Worldbuilding || RPing Questions? Ask Here! ||
|| Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3 || The Best Quote ||

Delmonte
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Delmonte » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:34 pm

I agree that there is excellent writing to be had in FT. It's largely, I think, a byproduct of the fact that there are more significant barriers to overcome in designing an FT nation. So if you dedicate the time to figuring it all out, chances are you're going to have a good handle on writing just because you obviously give a crap. Science Fiction and the like really isn't my cup of tea, so it doesn't really interest me.

I honestly think that FT should have its own contest, simply because the disparity in members between the two communities is so great. And I won't hide the fact that I have enormous issues with the conduct of one of the FTers being frequently nominated in this thread.
[15:35] <Tag> I have a big, heavy sealed box that I have no idea what is in side of it.
[15:35] <Tag> I can only presume it is treasure.
The Batorys wrote:The Delmontese like money, yeah, but they also like to throw down.

<Delmonte> I don't mean literally kill their family. I mean kill their metaphorical family.
<Delmonte> Metaphorically kill their metaphorical family.
Code: Select all
 [b][color=#0000FF][background=red]United in Opposition to [url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?t=303025]Liberate Haven[/url][/background][/color][/b]
[color=#FF0000][b]Mallorea and Riva should [url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=303090]resign[/url][/b][/color]

The man from Delmonte says yes.

Tolmakia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tolmakia » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:47 pm

Your nation name: Tolmakia
Your region: The Kingdom of Great Britain

2014 international incidents rper of the year competition
Nomination 1: New Edom
Nomination 2: Kyrusia
Nomination 3: The Republic of Lanos

Nomination 1: Asigna
Nomination 2: Kirabiti-tarawa
Nomination 3: Republic of Vietnam

I sware to abide by the practice of civility with all involved, and swear that I have not nominated a nation controlled, either in whole or in Part, by myself.
~REPUBLICAN STATE OF TOLMAKIA~

Official Tolmakia Wiki

The Macabees
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Macabees » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:53 pm

Delmonte wrote:I honestly think that FT should have its own contest, simply because the disparity in members between the two communities is so great.

The disparity in the fraction of what we could call 'good RPers' might be large, but in absolute numbers I'm not so sure. I think multiple FT nominations are dominating because the RPing groups in FT are tighter (since the 'subcommunity,' for lack of a better term, is smaller). (Not to mention that the quality of the FT players with multiple nominations is really high.)
Former Sr. II Roleplaying Mentor | Factbook

The Macabees' Guides to Roleplaying, Worldbuilding, and Other Stuff (please upvote if you like them!)

Delmonte
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Delmonte » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:06 pm

The Macabees wrote:
Delmonte wrote:I honestly think that FT should have its own contest, simply because the disparity in members between the two communities is so great.

The disparity in the fraction of what we could call 'good RPers' might be large, but in absolute numbers I'm not so sure.

No, that's where the disparity is NOT large. MT and FT have roughly the same number of good to excellent RPers. In absolute numbers, however, MT just has a crushing advantage.
[15:35] <Tag> I have a big, heavy sealed box that I have no idea what is in side of it.
The Batorys wrote:The Delmontese like money, yeah, but they also like to throw down.

<Delmonte> I don't mean literally kill their family. I mean kill their metaphorical family.
 [b][color=#0000FF][background=red]United in Opposition to [url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?t=303025]Liberate Haven[/url][/background][/color][/b]
[color=#FF0000][b]Mallorea and Riva should [url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=303090]resign[/url][/b][/color]

The Nation of Ceneria
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Nation of Ceneria » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:05 pm

Your nation name: The Nation of Ceneria
Your region: Atlas

Nomination 1: Guerro
Nomination 2: Novo Wagondia
Nomination 3: Flardania

2014 new rper of the year competition
Nomination 1: Valaran
Nomination 2: Vangaziland
Nomination 3: Mirevia

I sware to abide by the practice of civility with all involved, and swear that I have not nominated a nation controlled, either in whole or in Part, by myself: President Samuel McLaughlin, Ceneria

Southern Pirates
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Southern Pirates » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:39 pm

Your nation name: Tarkan/Southern Pirates
Your region: Great Southern Ocean

Nomination 1:Dewhurst-Narculis
Nomination 2:El Custcatlan
Nomination 3:Asigna
Last edited by Southern Pirates on Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This nation as a whole, is hostile but not at war to the "nation" of Whiteshore and is an isolationist nation perched on a rock in the ocean, which spends most of its time sinking the mentioned nation's merchant shipping

1940-120,000. (3,000 in the army, 300 in the Air-force and 18,000 in the navy )
1980-160,000 (2,000 in the army, 2000 in the Air-force and 10,000 in the navy )
2014-252,000 (15,100 in the army, 600 in the Air-force and 12,800 in the navy )

Currently operating PT and MT(1940/1983/2014)

Aeyariss
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 26, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aeyariss » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:17 pm

Delmonte wrote:
The Macabees wrote:
The disparity in the fraction of what we could call 'good RPers' might be large, but in absolute numbers I'm not so sure.

No, that's where the disparity is NOT large. MT and FT have roughly the same number of good to excellent RPers. In absolute numbers, however, MT just has a crushing advantage.

Well, most of the bad ass RP in II are in FT format...hardly any FanT now. (Probably due to P2TM) At least that is my opinion.
Last edited by Aeyariss on Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Delmonte
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Delmonte » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:28 am

Aeyariss wrote:
Delmonte wrote:No, that's where the disparity is NOT large. MT and FT have roughly the same number of good to excellent RPers. In absolute numbers, however, MT just has a crushing advantage.

Well, most of the bad ass RP in II are in FT format...hardly any FanT now. (Probably due to P2TM) At least that is my opinion.

Well... it depends what you mean by badass. If you just refer to the quality of the writing, then I must respectfully disagree. There are plenty of excellent MT RP's and RPers; even more than in FT simply because there are so many more MTers. Granted, the average quality in MT is lower, I'll concede that. But the quantity, even of quality RPers, is higher. Significantly.

Basically, if there are ten apples and three hundred oranges, even if 100% of the apples are ripe and 90% of the oranges are rotten, there are still more ripe oranges than apples.
Last edited by Delmonte on Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aeyariss
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 26, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aeyariss » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:54 am

Delmonte wrote:Well... it depends what you mean by badass. If you just refer to the quality of the writing, then I must respectfully disagree. There are plenty of excellent MT RP's and RPers; even more than in FT simply because there are so many more MTers. Granted, the average quality in MT is lower, I'll concede that. But the quantity, even of quality RPers, is higher. Significantly.Basically, if there are ten apples and three hundred oranges, even if 100% of the apples are ripe and 90% of the oranges are rotten, there are still more ripe oranges than apples.

I'm not sure the statistic, I was going by the average qualities in both genre actually.

So yeah, a little bit generalization there. The average in FT is like reading a novel (hence, the so called 'badass-ry' reaction), while the average of MT is like; "Meh, why do I even bother to open this". But, I agree, if we count the total sample group of both MT or FT, there are a lot more in MT genre.

Delmonte
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Delmonte » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:58 am

Aeyariss wrote:
Delmonte wrote:Well... it depends what you mean by badass. If you just refer to the quality of the writing, then I must respectfully disagree. There are plenty of excellent MT RP's and RPers; even more than in FT simply because there are so many more MTers. Granted, the average quality in MT is lower, I'll concede that. But the quantity, even of quality RPers, is higher. Significantly.Basically, if there are ten apples and three hundred oranges, even if 100% of the apples are ripe and 90% of the oranges are rotten, there are still more ripe oranges than apples.

I'm not sure the statistic, I was going by the average qualities in both genre actually.

So yeah, a little bit generalization there. The average in FT is like reading a novel (hence, the so called 'badass-ry' reaction), while the average of MT is like; "Meh, why do I even bother to open this". But, I agree, if we count the total sample group of both MT or FT, there are a lot more in MT genre.

No, you're not understanding. The average of MT takes into account players who, really, can't write. There are plenty of writers in MT who write just as well as people in FT. Probably even a larger number just because the FT community is so small. There are at least two MTers who, by my knowledge, actually have published novels.

The Batorys
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Batorys » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:15 pm

Invalid?
Mallorea and Riva should resign
This is an alternate history version of Callisdrun.
Here is the (incomplete) Factbook
Ask me about The Forgotten Lands!
Pro: Feminism, environmentalism, BLM, LGBTQUILTBAG, BDSM, unions, hyphy, Lenin, Ho Chi Minh, Oakland, old San Francisco, the Alliance to Restore the Republic, and fully automated gay luxury space communism
Anti: Misogyny, fossil fuels, racism, homophobia, kink-shaming, capitalism, LA, Silicon Valley, techies, Brezhnev, the Galactic Empire, and the "alt-right"

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The greater Vakolicci Haven » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:20 pm

The Batorys wrote:

Invalid?

Nominations for people who've been around a rather long time for II new rper of the year.
Can be found in:
sondria
greysteel
varathron
tyrrhenia

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Founded: May 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:40 pm

Your nation name: Libraria and Ausitoria
Your region: Hemithea, Panessos, Elysium, Esquarium

2014 International Incidents RPer of the year competition:
Nomination 1: Mizrad
Nomination 2: Ghant
Nomination 3: The New Lowlands

I swear to abide by the practice of civility with all involved, and swear that I have not nominated a nation controlled, either in whole or in Part, by myself.

Edit: Boring formatting removed.
Last edited by Libraria and Ausitoria on Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Aestorian Commonwealth - Pax Prosperitas - Gloria in Maere - (Factbook)

Disclaimer: Notwithstanding any mention of their nations, Ausitoria and its canon does not exist nor impact the canon of many IFC & SACTO & closed-region nations; and it is harassment to presume it does. However in accordance with my open-door policy the converse does not apply: they still impact Ausitoria's canon.
○ Commonwealth Capital (Bank) ○ ○ Commonwealth Connect (Bank Treaty) ○ ○ SeaScape (Shipping & Energy) ○
(██████████████████████████████║║◙█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙[█]

Antrema
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Antrema » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:59 am

I nominate Kraven, Dephire and/or Havensky for the Soldiers of a Never Ending War thread, one of the best pieces I have ever seen.

Your nation name: Antrema
Your region: Exshaw

2014 International Incidents RPer of the year competition:
Nomination 1: Kraven
Nomination 2: Dephire
Nomination 3: Havensky

I swear to abide by the practice of civility with all involved, and swear that I have not nominated a nation controlled, either in whole or in Part, by myself.

The reason for these three nominations was the Soldiers of a Never Ending War RP, where Kraven attacks Havensky's military academy and Dephire's leader Tristan Skragg becomes very dark.
Last edited by Antrema on Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

New Emmerian Coalition
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Emmerian Coalition » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:43 am

Your nation name: New Emmerian Coalition
Your region: The Freed Lands

Nomination 1: Kraven Corporation
Nomination 2: Greater Vakolicci Haven
Nomination 3: New Azura

Nomination 1: Yalos
Nomination 2: Asigna
Nomination 3: Roski

I swear to abide by the practice of civility with all involved, and swear that I have not nominated a nation controlled, either in whole or in Part, by myself:

I've seen a number of these Rpers, and I enjoy reading their posts.
Current Location: Gone Rogue @ DZ02 Steeleport

Dreadful Sagittarius
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 31, 2010
New York Times Democracy

Postby Dreadful Sagittarius » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:25 pm

New Emmerian Coalition wrote:Your nation name: New Emmerian Coalition
Your region: The Freed Lands

Nomination 1: Kraven Corporation
Nomination 2: Greater Vakolicci Haven
Nomination 3: New Azura

Nomination 1: Yalos
Nomination 2: Asigna
Nomination 3: Roski

I swear to abide by the practice of civility with all involved, and swear that I have not nominated a nation controlled, either in whole or in Part, by myself:

I've seen a number of these Rpers, and I enjoy reading their posts.

Nominations ended yesterday;

The greater Vakolicci Haven wrote:From today (17 July 2014), nominations will commence, to proceed a month (17 August.) After the 17th of August, the 32 highest-ranked nominees will be submitted to direct runoff rounds. If this is impossible due to numbers, the quantity may be halved down to 16.
In Memoriam of David 'CanisD' Briedis, October 20, 1970 - August 27, 2015
For He Loved The Stars Too Fondly, To Fear The Night
Factbook of the Phanes RepublicFuture-Tech Advice & Assistance Thread
Future-Tech Market Index ThreadThe CompendiumState of the Galaxy
Only a fool taunts the Archer

Senator

Ex-Nation

[b]important announcement[/b]

Postby The greater Vakolicci Haven » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:15 pm

Due to mathematical problems with the number of entrants, I have chosen to extend the deadline for nominations until the 21st of August. I thank you for waiting, and hope that this competition can proceed with the full haste it should.
Can be found in:
sondria
greysteel
varathron
tyrrhenia

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents