NATION

PASSWORD

The Mentors and Trainers Hub

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Shanix
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 07, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Shanix » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:56 pm

Graditora wrote:
Shanix wrote:
Some master at manipulation, of course!
I FIGURED IT OUT! Yohannes is a puppet of them!

:shock: how comes when I click the link it sends me to my page?!

The link is to "http://www.nationstates.net"
If you're logged in, that address will send you to your nation.

It's a really old practical joke on the forums.
Just know when it's real and when it isn't.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:59 pm

Milograd wrote:Yohannes, why do all of your scenarios involve emotions and feelings? D:<

Coz i am an emo, amirite.

D:<
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Graditora
Senator

Founded: Jul 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Graditora » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:26 pm

Shanix wrote:
Graditora wrote: :shock: how comes when I click the link it sends me to my page?!

The link is to "http://www.nationstates.net"
If you're logged in, that address will send you to your nation.

It's a really old practical joke on the forums.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh! I don't get it :meh:
Favorite Quote: "A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge"- Thomas Carlyle
The Shadow of F7
Pronounced: "Grah-deh-tor-ah" | Now with a wiki!
Luziyca wrote:You were the one responsible for the Second Amendment.

Bafuria wrote:If I was allowed to carry I would carry a pistol with big, loud muzzle blast, something that says "I JUST SHOT YOU D:<".

Ea90 wrote:Someone knows what they want.

Romberg wrote:You do not mess with the nation with a scorpion on its flag.

Descedant of George Reed. Delaware signer of the Deceleration of Independence.

Kagetora
Minister

Founded: Sep 18, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Kagetora » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:09 pm

Graditora wrote:
Shanix wrote:
Some master at manipulation, of course!
I FIGURED IT OUT! Yohannes is a puppet of them!

:shock: how comes when I click the link it sends me to my page?!

The link is to nationstates.net, which if you click it, should send you to your NS homepage (aka your nationpage)

Good job missing the joke :P
If you want help with something, simply send me a telegram. I'll do my best to respond intelligently, and if I can't I'll refer you to someone who can.
Caladan Imperium||Montgomery Broadcasting [EII]

Graditora
Senator

Founded: Jul 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Graditora » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:51 pm

Kagetora wrote:
Graditora wrote: :shock: how comes when I click the link it sends me to my page?!

The link is to nationstates.net, which if you click it, should send you to your NS homepage (aka your nationpage)

Good job missing the joke :P

I know I'm so pro at doing that :lol:
Favorite Quote: "A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge"- Thomas Carlyle
The Shadow of F7
Pronounced: "Grah-deh-tor-ah" | Now with a wiki!
Luziyca wrote:You were the one responsible for the Second Amendment.

Bafuria wrote:If I was allowed to carry I would carry a pistol with big, loud muzzle blast, something that says "I JUST SHOT YOU D:<".

Ea90 wrote:Someone knows what they want.

Romberg wrote:You do not mess with the nation with a scorpion on its flag.

Descedant of George Reed. Delaware signer of the Deceleration of Independence.

Alexiandra
Senator

Founded: Feb 04, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Alexiandra » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:00 am

Milograd wrote:Yohannes, why do all of your scenarios involve emotions and feelings? D:<

Yeah I was all like "Y WE NO HAZ WAR?" And he was all like "Let's do one about feelings"
'A distinction is made in private life between what a man thinks and says of himself and what he really is and does. In historical struggles one must make a still sharper distinction between the phrases and fantasies of the parties and their real organisation and real interests, between their conception of themselves and what they really are.'

Kleomentia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Kleomentia » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:42 am

I would like to sign up as a trainer.
NSG's God of Derp and Randomness, Monarchist&Capitalist and a patriotic Christian Serb
Also, wubwubwubwubwubwubWUBwubwubwubwubwubwub...

"In this primitive world of greed and stupidity, peace can only be achieved through fear, a brute military force which will unite the world under one flag!"
"We know nothing, but wish to do everything."
"Kosovo is Serbia! Failing to acknowledge that either proves your ignorance or lack of education."
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:
Galenaima wrote:
BLASPHEMY! THERE HE IS! IMMA CUMMIN' JESUS!!!

*jumps out window*

I'm quite sure Jesus didn't wish to know that.
National Information
Join Slavya!

Kylarnatia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 07, 2008

Postby Kylarnatia » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:44 am

Kleomentia wrote:I would like to sign up as a trainer.

Read through the Opening Post [First Post] of this thread and you'll see the requirements you need to do to become one ;)

I would quote it for you, but slow as hell internet makes me feel sluggish D:
The Ancient Empire of Kylarnatia // Imperium Antiquum Kylarnatiae
Lord of Gholgoth | Factbook (Work in Progress) | Embassy & Consulate Programme
I write mostly in PMT-FaNT, and I enjoy worldbuilding and storytelling. Any questions? Ask away!
NationState's friendly neighbourhood Egyptologist
Come one, come all to my Trading Card Bazaar!
"Kylarnatia is a rare Nile platypus." - Kyrusia

Tiami
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 24, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tiami » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:56 am

Kylarnatia wrote:
Kleomentia wrote:I would like to sign up as a trainer.

Read through the Opening Post [First Post] of this thread and you'll see the requirements you need to do to become one ;)

I would quote it for you, but slow as hell internet makes me feel sluggish D:

I quote then. ^_^
How Do I Apply for the Trainers?

The Trainers are done by an application process from the existing panel judges. Anyone wishing to apply must submit a Single-spaced post detailing a scenario no longer than 1 page, 12 pt Times New Roman font to this thread. For scenarios, applicants must telegram ONLY ONE of the current panel judges (Leistung, Yohannes, Rethan, Santheres, and Cyrupe), who will provide you, the applicant, with a scenario to RP out. You must provide the following information when posting your application:

the Trainer who gave you the scenario
the exact scenario you are RPing out
the application scenario post itself
any extra details and notes at the end that you may wish to add

Because we value flexibility, it is strongly recommended that you RP the scenario given to you. If you have a problem with the scenario and have a good reason, please notify the panel judge who provided you with the scenario to either provide you with a different one or to forward you to a different panel judge. Reasons for changing scenarios such as "I RP mainly / solely in FT / MT / PMT / PT, so I am very specialized" is a workable reason for changing, but simply "I can't do it", "I don't want to do it", "It's not the scenario I had in mind" will not. Ultimately, panel judges have the final discretion, NOT ME, as to whether they can or should change scenarios or not, so please do not telegram me if they are unwilling to change it. We want to ensure that applicants are experienced enough to deal with most of the problems or scenarios coming their way, rather than cherry picking their results.

Each panel judge will either post their evaluation, opinion and acceptance or rejection of your submitted application either in this thread or directly to me. Once a majority opinion has been formed (3/5 ayes or nays), I will either notify you of your status. If you have been accepted, you will be placed on the NSTrainer list. If you have been rejected, I will summarise all the criticisms from all panel judges for you, as well as provide my own opinion as to why you may have not been accepted.
Founder of TETism and on/off 18-year NS vet. Call me Chris.
|| All things II RP-related || Discord: nstiami || FN&I General Help ||
|| IIWiki || ANI News || Military Worldbuilding || RPing Questions? Ask Here! ||
|| Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3 || The Best Quote ||

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:21 am

Question, how long is the typical voting process?

Also

4000 POSTS!!!!
Last edited by New Hayesalia on Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vetok
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 24, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Vetok » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:35 am

New Hayesalia wrote:Question, how long is the typical voting process?

I've been told we can expect a good while (maybe about two or more weeks) for the process turnaround when I asked Jen about it.

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:36 am

Vetok wrote:
New Hayesalia wrote:Question, how long is the typical voting process?

I've been told we can expect a good while (maybe about two or more weeks) for the process turnaround when I asked Jen about it.

Time to sit back and wait then.

Demphor
Senator

Founded: Jun 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Demphor » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:02 am

Is there anyway that I could try again for being a trainer? If not, I'll just help out as a, unnoticable guy who shall be known to NS as "The Almost Trainer" and still offer my services.

Thanks, just wondering.
Get money out of politics, join Wolf PAC
iiWikiNational Anthem of Demphor
“When my information changes, I alter my conclusions. What do you do, sir?"
~ John Maynard Keynes

Kylarnatia
Powerbroker

Postby Kylarnatia » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:12 am

Demphor wrote:Is there anyway that I could try again for being a trainer? If not, I'll just help out as a, unnoticable guy who shall be known to NS as "The Almost Trainer" and still offer my services.

Thanks, just wondering.

Anyone is free to try again - Just telegram a panel judge for a new scenario.

Also, you don't have to be on this list to be someone who actually helps. To be on this list is just to be more officially recognised, par say.
I write mostly in PMT-FaNT, and I enjoy worldbuilding and storytelling. Any questions? Ask away!

Crymodynia
Civil Servant

Founded: Oct 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Crymodynia » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:38 pm

I'd like to apply for some assisstance in how to get started.

I'm supposed to be a planet rather than a nation. On a large, mostly uninhabitable yet mineral rich ice planet Crymodynia on the few parts where settlers have established colonies it has basically become a trading hub on the outskirts of secure space, a sort of intergalactic Switzerland which only has allegiance to itsself. A strong militant and police force, it could be invaded by a higher power but it remains a stronghold within space.

Within the various colonies that occupy roughly 3% of the planets surface area are a population of 3.5 billion and a large economy is generated from there from not just it's huge quantity of natural resources but also it's heavy investment into research and development as they do not follow the same ethical codes as other planets. Thus large corporations rent space there and do their research there thus creating mass employment and a huge market of both high-tier goods and an underbelly "black market" for less tasteful products.

The government is a bureaucracy, a table called the "Crymodynian Beneficiary Group" lead by Richard Callahan IV who owns the colonies and his chief stockholders and donators who together negotiate what is best for business. Human and political freedoms are sacrificed in favour of economic freedom but life is not prohibitive. People often come by looking for work and it's readily available by the barrel as is the money you can earn but this is significantly marred by the fact that free speech is non-existant, protesting is non-existant. If anything gets in the way of making the maximum amount of money possible it is dealt with, usually by the C-1 security group who are specifically contracted to uphold peace within the trading colony.

Sorry. Got carried away. Anyone know how to make a factbook?

Shanix
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 07, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Shanix » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:43 pm

Crymodynia wrote:Sorry. Got carried away. Anyone know how to make a factbook?

There's a very, very nice guide (That I think has been stickied) in F&NI, and thats how I made my factbook. But you're already off to a good start with that introduction there.
Just know when it's real and when it isn't.

Tiami
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tiami » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:44 pm

Crymodynia wrote:I'd like to apply for some assisstance in how to get started.

I'm supposed to be a planet rather than a nation. On a large, mostly uninhabitable yet mineral rich ice planet Crymodynia on the few parts where settlers have established colonies it has basically become a trading hub on the outskirts of secure space, a sort of intergalactic Switzerland which only has allegiance to itsself. A strong militant and police force, it could be invaded by a higher power but it remains a stronghold within space.

Within the various colonies that occupy roughly 3% of the planets surface area are a population of 3.5 billion and a large economy is generated from there from not just it's huge quantity of natural resources but also it's heavy investment into research and development as they do not follow the same ethical codes as other planets. Thus large corporations rent space there and do their research there thus creating mass employment and a huge market of both high-tier goods and an underbelly "black market" for less tasteful products.

The government is a bureaucracy, a table called the "Crymodynian Beneficiary Group" lead by Richard Callahan IV who owns the colonies and his chief stockholders and donators who together negotiate what is best for business. Human and political freedoms are sacrificed in favour of economic freedom but life is not prohibitive. People often come by looking for work and it's readily available by the barrel as is the money you can earn but this is significantly marred by the fact that free speech is non-existant, protesting is non-existant. If anything gets in the way of making the maximum amount of money possible it is dealt with, usually by the C-1 security group who are specifically contracted to uphold peace within the trading colony.

So you want to create a factbook for you nation? I can suggest that you read this, as it is the best example on how to create one. Also, you can look at other player's factbooks in the Factbooks and National Information forum. Draw inspiration from there and be as creative as you can.
|| IIWiki || ANI News || Military Worldbuilding || RPing Questions? Ask Here! ||

-St George
Senator

Founded: Apr 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby -St George » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:54 pm

Crymodynia wrote:I'd like to apply for some assisstance in how to get started.

Hello, welcome to NS! :)

With regards to factbooks you actually have two choices, the first is simple: Just make a topic here entitled 'Factbook of Crymodynia' or something to that effect, and hold all your information within that topic. Be sure to look at other factbooks, specifically FT ones such as the excellent offering from Huerdae, as well as heading to #NSLegion on the esper network for any advice you might need.

Your second option is to use one of the NS wiki spin-offs (currently there's at least three, NS Wiki, Wikistates and the fledgling II Wiki, which I'm having to plug other Solm will cry.). They are basically NS's equivalent to wikipedia, and some wiki articles go into much more detail than even wikipedia entries for actual nations.

Hope this helps.
[19:12] <Amitabho> I mean, a little niggling voice tells me this is impossible, but then my voice of reason kicks in
[21:07] <@Milograd> I totally endorse the unfair moderation.
01:46 Goobergunch I could support StGeorge's nuts for the GOP nomination
( Anemos was here )
Also, Bonobos

Crymodynia
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Crymodynia » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:16 pm

-St George wrote:excellent offering from Huerdae,

Holy ASS. That's incredible. I don't think mine will be that good.

Kylarnatia
Powerbroker

Postby Kylarnatia » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:24 pm

Crymodynia wrote:

Aslong as it presents all the information on your nation/planet that you think is worth knowing, then it can always be just as good.

Tiami
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tiami » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:29 pm

Crymodynia wrote:

You'll never know how well your factbook is until it is finished. Just do your best.

Kylarnatia
Powerbroker

Postby Kylarnatia » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:32 pm

Tiami wrote:
Crymodynia wrote:

You'll never know how well your factbook is until it is finished. Just do your best.

I think I already noted that, my apprentice :3

Tiami
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tiami » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:35 pm

Kylarnatia wrote:
Tiami wrote:You'll never know how well your factbook is until it is finished. Just do your best.

I think I already noted that, my apprentice :3

Curse you! :P

Soviet Sovereign Republics
Lobbyist

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Soviet Sovereign Republics » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:23 pm

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could read over my intro (and first thread :D ) and give me some criticism.

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=143800

Thank you.

Milograd
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Milograd » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:30 pm

Soviet Sovereign Republics wrote:Hello,

I was wondering if someone could read over my intro (and first thread :D ) and give me some criticism.

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=143800

Thank you.

TG sent.
Retired

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents